Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

The invasion starts (NightWings VS Rogues) - Page 4 Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

The invasion starts (NightWings VS Rogues) - Page 4 Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

The invasion starts (NightWings VS Rogues)

+15
Sly
Aero Dynamic
Lead
Xangor
Rii Rii
Lynx
Eveningsong
AcerDesertDraconic
Alistair
Nightstar
Pyrrhus
Atlantis
Frey
Oculus
AuSurath
19 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The invasion starts (NightWings VS Rogues) - Page 4 Empty The invasion starts (NightWings VS Rogues)

Post by Xangor Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:07 am

First topic message reminder :

Xangor landed on the northern borders of the NightWings Empire, not so far from the IceWings territories. The dark dragons have locked their borders until today, imprisoning anyone that would dare to enter their territories. There was a reason behind this: the NightWings needed to build the largest army ever, militarizing the empire. After months of training, the army was finally ready to fight. The NightWings would finally start expanding territories and open their borders. Their goal was to take over as many rogues territories possible, capture new servaints and prepare the NightWings to move war against another tribe and access more lairs and resources. It wasn't casual the NightWings will move towards north, where the Icewings live. The ice dragons were one of possible Oculus targets.  Xangor planned to do all of this in great secret alongside the Empetor Oculus, so other tribes would never suspect about the NightWings intentions. In fact they have already prepared a diabolic and cunning scheme: the NightWings will attack during the night, taking advantage of the darkness to capture rogues and secretely claim territories. The forests will help the dark dragons to hide even better. Xangor looked around while the night was coming. The other NightWings would arrive soon to join this campaign. Everyone was going to have a special role and be rewarded if the campaign would be successful. Xangor couldn't wait to start this invasion and he scratched the ground a little impatient. However he was in control of himself, his mind already working on all the strategies and his menacing red eyes studying the battlefield to prepare the attack. He has spent most of his life administrating territories, but rarely having a chance to conquer lands because of the peaceful approach of previous leaders. However Oculus was completely different from other leaders: he was ambitious enough to consider about moving war against others to strengthen the empire. This was one of the reasons because Xangor was supporting the Emperor, afterall. The Emperor will be the one to lead the invasion. This night will be the first attack and it was certainly going to be a nightmare for the poor rogues .

(Nightwings joining this plot)
Oculus (and Oreo Dynamic)
Allistair
Slychotic
Frey
Degzauth

Rogues: (current targets)
Rii and Aero Dynamic

IceWings: (casual appearance)
Phyrrus and Lynx

Setting is evening/night and environment are forests)
Xangor
Xangor
NightWing Officer
NightWing Officer

Male Posts : 131

Back to top Go down

The invasion starts (NightWings VS Rogues) - Page 4 Empty Re: The invasion starts (NightWings VS Rogues)

Post by Aero Dynamic Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:12 pm

I flicked my eyes to the two dragons, a growl mixed with fear leaked out of my mouth. I watched as more dragons came around. I layed down, hoping I wouldn't look like a threat, or I would look like someone ready to attack. I watched them, almost not wanting to but wanting to make sure no one came close to me. Lead looked ready to defend off any attackers, so I inched my way closer to him, wondering if he would protect me also.
Aero Dynamic
Aero Dynamic

Female Leo Horse

Back to top Go down

The invasion starts (NightWings VS Rogues) - Page 4 Empty Re: The invasion starts (NightWings VS Rogues)

Post by AcerDesertDraconic Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:02 am

Acer heard the dragon diving down at him, but the dive was so fast and sudden he had little time to brace himself. He glanced upwards and instinctively curled up, as to angle the attack onto the thickest parts of his armor. The black mass dropped onto him, making him wheeze under the pressure of the much larger creature.
He lashed out with his bladed tail at the attacker, trying to roll out from under them.
AcerDesertDraconic
AcerDesertDraconic

Male Sagittarius Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Warglory Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:07 am

Warglory snarled with rage as the blade slashed her shoulder. With a roar, she charged at the rouge head-first, before lunging for his throat, but missing completely when a purple hawk soared above her. Angrily, she lashed out with her front foot, trying to shred his face. With a final hiss, she charged at his wings, trying to knock him out of the sky. Whether or not she had succeeded, she did not know, for she heard Oculus call her and raced towards the sound. Landing beside him, she asked, "You called?" (OOC:Occy didn't actually call her, she just hallucinated it. So, she heard him, even though he hadn't said anything.)
Warglory
Warglory
SkyWing Trainee
SkyWing Trainee

Female Capricorn Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Dynamic Oreo Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:44 pm

I watched as this all took hold, sitting next to Oculus. I watched as the white dragon thrashed around, knowing his efforts were useless. This invasion was interesting, but capturing rogues seemed a bit... unneeded. Why not just let the rogues go off and tell their friends about how strong the NightWings were? Either way, I was in no position to talk about it with our ruler. I perked my ears as I listened to Sly talk with the two rogues we had captured so far, making it sound like he was just upsetting them. I watched as he attacked Sly, making me get up in case he decided to do anything stupid like attack Oculus. I watched as Warglory flew down next to him, claiming that he called her to him. I took a few steps closer to Oculus and her, making sure that if she lunged for him that I could block it.
Dynamic Oreo
Dynamic Oreo
Night Wing Royal Guard
Night Wing Royal Guard

Male Leo Horse

http://dragonsrp.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AcerDesertDraconic Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:53 pm

Acer swept low as the dragon's front claw swiped the air where his head would had been, leaving a knock through the top of his helmet.
He readied his claws to launch a counterattack at his opponent, but he sudden lurched backwards, and fell down from the canopy as a force crashed into his wings, sending him crashing through the leaves and onto the forest floor.
He winced as he felt the scratches all over him began to sting, and got up, looking for the dragon.
Huh? Where'd she go?
AcerDesertDraconic
AcerDesertDraconic

Male Sagittarius Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Lead Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:34 pm

Lead caught sight of Oreo and all is attention quickly locked on to him. There was a glint in Leads eye. That was the royal guard. If Lead could kill him while he was alone, maybe he could get Oculus. He narrowed his eyes and glared at Oreo. His face said it all; he was going to kill him.
Lead
Lead

Male Cancer Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightstar Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:26 pm

Nightstar answered Sly's question, "I actually haven't talked to Xangor or Oculus yet. I'm still wondering what they'll do about my return." She looked at Dynamic and worry flickered over Night's face. What had happened to her mate? How about their children? She would've have let her go, but with everyone watching was asking for her own death. Moments had passed as they made small conversation and Warglory and Oreo came. It wasn't long before Night felt tension between Oreo and Lead. This is not good. As Lead's eyes menaced, Nightstar stood and walked between them and faced Lead. "Not now, idiot. You trying to get yourself killed? Trust me, with all of us here you stand no chance. Especially with me. You should know that." She hissed. Then, she turned back to Oreo and Warglory. Her eyes narrowed, "And don't bother to start a fight. There's no point. Beside I can read his mind. You both lash out, I'll give you memories that can scar you for life." After she finished, she turned back to Dynamic and her eyes soften, "Sorry if my words scared you. I didn't mean it that way to you." She lower her head so no words could be leaked out to the others, "Xangor, the leader of all this, is still hunting for rogues. Please let me know if you see your mate or children here. I'll try to get you two together with me."
Nightstar
Nightstar
NightWing Tracker
NightWing Tracker

Female Virgo Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Aero Dynamic Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:12 pm

I watched as Nightstar walked around, talking to everyone. I was glad she talked to Lead, hoping he would get though to him this time. I watched as she came back over to me, talking about how she worried for my mate and children. I wondered how she knew that, but then thought it must have just been how her talk came over me at first. I lowered my voice also, knowing her reasons too. "I wouldn't worry about them." I started, "But what I would worry about is him coming through in 'ultra rage mode,' being stupid and trying to kill every Nightwing here, probably starting with Oculus." I wondered what he would do with the babies, he wouldn't try to take them with... or at least I hoped so.
Aero Dynamic
Aero Dynamic

Female Leo Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Lead Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:32 pm

Lead hissed. "Oh I'm not worried about you." He raised a brow at her self promotion. The only reason she had gotten him was because he was pinned and unable to react. Lead couldn't help but feel amused. He wasn't going to attack Oreo now anyway, he wasn't stupid. In fact, he was quite smart. Although it was foolish of him to think he could go unnoticed with Xangor's goons hanging around. "Do you think I'm stupid? And don't think I'll trust you just because your offering to supposedly help. I will kill you any chance I get. Remember that.."
Lead
Lead

Male Cancer Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:29 am

The scars burned again, the little ice shards biting deep in his cheek. They were more manageable this time but in need of treatment. The problem Sly had to face was how to get ointment on it. His claws could barely reach and lather the are properly.

After listening to Nightstar, it got Sly thinking. So she was not with Xangor. Probably another late comer? There could be some relationship between her and the rogue, Dynamic. A positive one. If that was the case, then maybe Sly could give them what they wanted more easily. It was a good thing there was another Nightwing who cared for the rogue's wellbeing.

Then his ears perked when she inched closer to Dynamic and lowered her voice to a whisper. Sly frowned a little, but he had to respect his patient's rights. If Dynamic, or Nightstar, wished Sly not to hear it, who could he judge?

But he didn't have to be curious any longer...

Lead somehow heard them and snapped at Nightstar. Some super-hearing ability, Sly assumed, but he gritted his teeth a little when Lead stupidly blurted out something he should never had. Nightstar was plotting to help them. How? He was unsure, but it got Lead riled up. An escape? Of course. What else could that brute also want? Once again, he brought more trouble upon himself, only this time, he dragged Nightstar under with him.

Before Sly could ponder any further, the Nightwings around him froze and mumbled to each other, confusion riddled on their faces. "Help?" "What did he mean?" "Nightstar is helping them?"

Sly knew he had to do something. If he just stood there, then all of this suspicion would land them both in trouble. He beckoned Nightstar to the side, away from all the Nightwings and well away from the rogues so that not even Lead could hear--or so he thought.

Have you gone mad? Sly asked aloud, his eyes turning yellow. He moved Nightstar a bit further from the Nightwings and moved closer to her ears. Oculus will not look favourably on you if this leaks out. I understand you want to save them, but... Sly huffed to the side, No, the fault is mine. I should have warned you about Lead and his...incompetence. This is not the right time to talk about that. Sly looked behind him, focusing particularly on the Nightwing comrades. They were still rather unsettled over what they heard, and were waiting for Sly to share the news. You should wait. Amidst this darkness, there could be an ally by your side. Like you, I see no value in keeping the rogues as 'servants'. They have mates to care for. They have children to feed. But if we straight up tell them...the ears of the night will know.

Sly then parted from her and returned to his Nightwing comrades, a smirk on his face. Relax. Nightstar just told me of a powerful medicine that can...heal the heart. There is nothing to fear about new knowledge. The Nightwings just stared blankly back at Sly, but keeping themselves alert to even a growl from the rogues. At least they began to settle.

Then there was a rustle from the bushes.

Another three Nightwing dragons appeared, two carrying one of them, groaning and wailing in pain. Sly stiffened at the sight. The injured Nightwing was clutching on his foreleg, the black scales turning into a hue of grey and purple. Actually the Nightwing looked pale all over.

"Sly?" One of the carriers said.

Here. What happened to him?

"One of the rogues bit him. It was a winged snake of some sort. He could barely move. It hurts to move, he said."

Right. Bring him here. No! Don't drop him! Do you want to wake the gods? Good. Return to Xangor. I will handle this. Sly walked a complete circle around the injured Nightwing. Sharp huffs came out from his maw, and he never opened his eyes since he came in. He was shivering, and his body looked fragile. That foreleg. Sly gave a closer look, being careful not to accidentally knock a talon of his.

There. Two bite marks.

Paralysis by venom. Sly clenched his fangs. He hated venom. It was like every dragon had their own special venom, and required a very specific antidote. Sly knew Rii was a snake-like rogue. He read about her, as it was her territory they were treading on. He should have known a dragon of her figure would carry venom around. This could take a while. He had to be quick.

Oculus was watching...
Sly
Sly
NightWing Enforcer
NightWing Enforcer

Male Posts : 619

Back to top Go down

Post by Lead Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:24 am

Lead grinned slyly as the Nightwings began chirping on about how Nightstar was 'helping' the rogues. He watch Sly as he took Nightstar to talk so none of the Nightwings could hear. However Lead could easily hear and he couldn't help but snickering. He raised a brow when Sly described him as incompetent but he didn't have the will to argue. When more Nightwings arrived with a wounded soldier Lead snorted in surprise.
Lead
Lead

Male Cancer Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:49 pm

Having been silently observing the scene from above on the cliff he laid on, Oculus watched as the rogues were slowly all gathered into the place.  He would wait till the last of them, or at least most of them were there before he spoke out to them.  However, another dragoness interrupts his thoughts as she came up, apparently thinking he summoned her.  Narrowing his gaze at her, he studied her.  "No, I did not.  But if you are eager to do something, keep an eye on the rogues." he spoke, not letting his eyes flicker away from her as she did bolt towards him with no warning.  "Oreo," he spoke, tilting his head towards his royal guard while keeping his eyes on Warglory, "please show this dragoness where the rogues are.  Also, Oculus pointed off directly at Lead, having watched him already hit his medic once, "I want you to personally keep that rogue subdued.   Use any force needed to keep him subdued.  Also, if he hurts another night wing, even if just a scratch, kill him.  Understand?" Oculus directed, knowing that Oreo may not wish to kill or to leave his side, but only a suicidal rogue would dare attack him, and they would be easily spotted from his vantage point.  Finally taking his gaze off Warglory, he looked towards Oreo, a half bored look on his face as he awaited the response from his royal guard. As Oreo and Warglory (hopefully) went off to where the rogues were, Oculus could finally turn his attention to the other visitor, the much less sudden one. "Ah....Neeku was it?," he asked (its Neru XD) Oculus asked, "If you want to see all the rogues, just follow them...oh, you can count how many are there too if you wish."

Last edited by Oculus on Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Oculus
Oculus
NightWing Leader
NightWing Leader

Male Aries Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Dynamic Oreo Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:16 pm

I listened as NightStar talked with the rogues, then being accused of helping them. I kept my eyes on Warglory, making sure she didn't advance closer to Oculus. When he started talking to her I did take a step closer, making sure I could pounce at her at the slightest move of agression. When he said my name I straightened up, still keeping an eye on her but making sure most of my attention was on Oculus. After he finished, I opened my mouth, but then closed it. I wanted to ask what he would do if someone were to come and attack him but I think he would just end up yelling at me for not going to do what he asked. "Yes, anything for you, sire." I said with a dip of my head. I walked over to Warglory, making sure to put myself between Oculus and her. "Lets go, just make sure not to attack the rogues unless they attack one of us first." I said, starting to go to where the rogues were, making sure she was coming with me.
Dynamic Oreo
Dynamic Oreo
Night Wing Royal Guard
Night Wing Royal Guard

Male Leo Horse

http://dragonsrp.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Warglory Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:48 pm

Of course War wasn't coming with Oreo, the hallucinagenic dragon had seen a rouge flying away and attacked the figure that she thought was real. Of course, he wasn't REALLY there. But she thought he was. Landing near to where the real Acer was, she spotted him and charged, jumping into the air and slicing at his face. Unsure whether she had hit him or not she snapped at his leg, trying to drag him back to where the other Nightwings were. She vaguely remembered being told by Oculus to go with Oreo before she was distracted, and she hoped that bringing back a rouge would quell any anger.

(Acer, if you do decide OOC that she dragged him back, feel free to sratch her along the way. But if you want to dodge, that is cool to.)
Warglory
Warglory
SkyWing Trainee
SkyWing Trainee

Female Capricorn Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:48 pm

Sly needed a blood sample from him. He didn't know how to test the venom, because of how specific they usually were, but it was a start. Digging in his bag, he found a syringe. It was powered by magic, needing only to be dipped in a liquid mixture before it could suck the sample out on its own. But the Nightwing's scales could be tender right now.

Sly looked for an anaesthetic within his bag. A vial of clear fluid. He poured it over the wound and let it settle for a moment. The patient seemed to be breathing more calmly now.

Then Sly stiffened. A blotch of red appeared on the sole of the claw, trickling downwards. Sorry, Sly said before wiping his bloodied cheek. It was starting to annoy him, and could potentially harm his patient if it got to his bloodstream.

Slowly and carefully, Sly inserted the needle and took the blood sample out. Immediately he got to work, cleaning his foreclaw with a bottle of alcohol, mushing herbs on the bowl and pestle, before pouring blood on the mixture.

At this point, Sly was at his most vulnerable. He was concentrating, hard, on this mixture that, even if someone were to walk by him, he would not notice. He could hear beating of wings as newcomers arrived to the captured rogues' area.

He paid no attention nonetheless, still testing the venom. If anyone spoke to him now, it would enter deaf ears.

There was no reaction. Nothing.

Not good, Sly thought. The invasion was meant to proceed perfectly. Although he waited for something to fall apart, the last thing he wanted was for it to fall by his own claws.

What kind of venom was this?
Sly
Sly
NightWing Enforcer
NightWing Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:11 am

(Sorry was at grandmas where there is no internet XP)

Rii coiled herself tightly around the trunks of the trees as she surveyed the area around her. Other dragons were taking up positions all around her throwing taunts her way and growling, but none attempted to attack. She whipped her head back around to view Xangor putting two and two together. He's their commander... Or perhaps their leader? she thought quietly while narrowing her gaze on him.

She arched her neck looking as regal as possible then forcefully smoothed the snarl from her jaw to try and look as uncaring as she could. From her vantage point high up in the trees Rii could spot a bunch of other dragons in the distance. Other dark dragons were keeping and eye on two others who looked to be rogues like herself. They weren't dead yet, which gave proof to the words that Xangor had given her.

Debating on whether to act the servant or to try and suck up to the dark beast before her, Rii gave Xangor an alluring half smile.

Fine, I will come willingly. As long as you don't harm me, or try to restrain me. She growled softly while looking around at the other nightwings as if they didn't matter. In truth the subordinates didn't matter at all. It was only the commanders and leaders that she would serve.

In order to show him that she meant what she said Rii flattened her wings against her sides and begun to relax her body so that it was not coiled so tightly to defend herself. I only ask to know who are the generals and leaders here so that I know who to take orders from? She smirked fully expecting the dragons to attack her at any moment. Rii knew these types of creatures. They were vain and greedy, and viewed themselves higher than all others. They would always show disrespectful and rude behavior. However, she would have to act now, and for a long time after this probably to keep herself alive. Thank the gods she was an excellent actor.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

http://www.tribalcorn.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightstar Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:21 pm

Nightstar glared at Sly as he brought her over and hissed, "I'm not helping them. I'm only showing a bit of gratitude. Just so you should know, I've lived in the palace for all my life. This change is hard for me, especially with my cousins, Gemini and Twilight, gone. Dynamic is trustworthy. Her mind shows she means no harm. Lead is the complete opposite. I think you should know that. And it's a shame you listen to his words than mine." She walked away with fury away from the group to who knows where. Minutes later, she arrived near Xangor's group who was capturing another rogue. After they caught her, she gave out her saying meaning that she meant no harm. Night noticed her seem a bit too calm in a way. I mean, why the hell does she want to know who to take orders from? Her eyes darkened and dwelled in her mind, her suspicions confirmed. She was only acting. Awaiting the reply from Xangor, she walked over, her footsteps silent. She stood next to him, nodding her head, "Xangor." Nightstar then looked up and glared at the next dragoness captured. She definently wasn't like Dynamic, and Night knew that she had to be careful around her.
Nightstar
Nightstar
NightWing Tracker
NightWing Tracker

Female Virgo Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Aero Dynamic Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:26 pm

I looked at Lead, a growl coming up from my throat. "My god Lead, she was actually being sensible, and you come and blow it!" I growled to him under my breath, hoping no one else could hear. And looking at the guard by Oculus he looked mad, and unsure of what to do with the fact that the dragon who he was leading flew off to somewhere else. I turned back to Nightstar, seeing her leaving and going somewhere else. I sighed and got up, moving away from Lead and flopping down, just feeling the hunger feeling come into my brain and make me think about food. I rested my head on the ground, my wings at my side. I wondered what they would do if a dragon attempted to kill themselves when in the tribe as a slave, that would be interesting to see. I heard things that they caught another Rogue, I wondered who it was. By the looks of it an Earthwing. I glanced back at Sly and his patient, seeing how uncertain he was. Right now, it seemed that my only friend right now was Nightstar, and I can't afford to screw that up right now.
Aero Dynamic
Aero Dynamic

Female Leo Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by AcerDesertDraconic Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:42 pm

Acer moved his head away from the sudden slicing claws that came for him, but toppled as the larger dragon grabbed hold of his leg, pulling him along the grass, towards the Nightwings.
He roared with his fire breath at the large dragon, even if it did little more than singe her scales, missing. Proving as much resistance as he could, he scratched at and kicked all the way.
As he was in perfect position, he brought his tail back towards himself to try and knock the dragon's grip off.
AcerDesertDraconic
AcerDesertDraconic

Male Sagittarius Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:47 pm

A reaction finally.

But a small one. Sly was frantic, and he somewhat forgot what he added. Even then, a reaction like this would probably provide some relief. If only he had access to the venom, it would make matters easier. Sly didn't want to let Oculus know of his troubles--he would reword it as the invasion NOT going smoothly.

Sly administered the mixture into his patient, making sure he avoided the testing solution. It wasn't much, but he let it be a reminder not to let himself down again. He needed a bigger bag.

When he looked around, he was alone with Lead and Aero. Nightstar. He thought about what she said. Sure, Lead was not the trustworthy one, but had she considered that none of the other Nightwings knew that? They were suspicious of her then, and Sly was simply trying to remove that suspicion. Any help to the rogues could be considered traitorous. Sly was doing it under Oculus's permission.

He wondered if Nightstar was lying to him. Sly didn't like to be lied at if it benefited no one. What's more, he let it slip to her that Sly had that traitorous aspect. His stomach curled at the thought that Nightstar would disclose what he said to Xangor. If that was the case...

...it would be a very rough and long night in the interrogation room.

Come on, Sly said to his patient, rolling him to a comfortable position, on his side with his legs splayed in front of him. At least the mixture allowed him to breathe more smoothly, and very soon he was asleep. Sly sighed with relief and slumped onto his haunches. At least the venom wasn't fatal.

He glimpsed at Aero and quickly looked down.

A savage. Perhaps he still was, because of his blood. Even as a healer, one who would do the opposite to what other Nightwings were doing, he couldn't do anything for the rogues, especially for Aero. He just couldn't. He had no power.

Sly balled his claws, squeezing the grass beneath him. He already knew what it was like, to sit there helplessly behind chains, with hatchlings outside, hungry, crying for their mother...dying. And now, a similar situation turned up. All he could do was patch up the body, and that was it. What about the heart?

You are too soft, he kept hearing from the other Nightwings. Maybe they were right. That was why Sly considered this as a weakness.

"Why hello, medic."

Sly's ears perked to the newcomer, forgotten for a moment. There were three Nightwing soldiers, and Sly remembered them as his earlier patients for minor cuts, after their little brawl with Lead. The middle one, particularly, put Sly on the edge with his nonsense. He had a very sleek snout, as if he was naturally thin, but his body spoke otherwise. Sly remembered those cyan eyes.

Missing out on the hunt again? He asked coyly.

I have no interest in harming others. Is there a reason why a soldier like you is abandoning his post?

Why, like you, I have special permission to be with the rogues. It will only take a minute. Then I will leave you to... he snorted,
...your mindless healing work.

The three didn't wait for Sly's response before brushing past him. Sly turned to them with a small frown. They are my patients. What happens to-

You! The soldier stopped before Lead, close enough to get personally in his snout, but far enough so that if he decided to retaliate, he could dodge.
So you consider yourself the... protector of the rogues, as spoken by Xangor?

They waited to hear Lead's reply, but it would eventually enter deaf ears. You know, I consider myself a follower to Xangor, his comrades spread out to form a triangle around Lead. Everything I did, I try to mimic him. His leadership skills, his strengths, almost everything. Especially his perfect record! But you, you scared my otherwise perfect record. The soldier straightened his pose, the healed scar across his chest glistening in the moonlight. A scar that no potion can ever heal.

Sly stepped forward to him. What's done is done. You need no perfect record if you want to become the chief of police. Whatever you are going to d-

I heard, he interrupted, still eyeing on Lead with a menacing smirk, from Oculus that you are to be...restrained. And not only that, if you dare to even scratch us...we will have to kill you. You don't want to die here, now do you? He suddenly lunged forward and struck the large neck of the rogue with his claws.

Hey! Sly ran and stepped in between Lead and the soldier, his eyes turning yellow as he glared at his comrade and forced him to step back. I want no more trouble here. Do not harm the rogues. Isn't that what Oculus ordered?

Restrain, he corrected.
He wants this rogue restrained, and I'm doing what is necessary for that to happen--softening him up a bit. You don't want us hurt if he foolishly decides to break out again, do you not? And you certainly wouldn't want to defy Oculus's order.

He was right. Lead couldn't be trusted to keep still. He lashed at nearby Nightwings, broke Xangor's hold, struck Sly and exposed that Nightstar plotted to help the rogues in some way.

That scar really suits you, the soldier said. You wouldn't want another one from him, would you not? He turned to the surrounding Nightwing soldiers that were guarding the rogues. Find me some large boulders! Some of you, with me. Hold him down and... he paused, eyes wide. With another grin, he turned to face Sly.
You. You are a medic, are you not? Maybe you get to do something useful after all. Tell me, what parts of the body should we cut to immobilise him? What do you call it...tendons?

Your eyes tell me an interesting story, Sly said. Although his voice was calm and in his usual smugness, he still had that stern look fixed. You intend to cause harm to my patients. If you want him restrained, why not go and find some boulders first before coming here? No. I will tell you nothing.

The soldier laughed. So you care about these...rogues? Open your eyes you fool! What do you see? Animals living on their own...uncivilised, worthless. They are lucky we are here to...how do we put in your terms...save them. They may have owned these lands, but they are so blind to the world that we easily overpower them. You wasted too much of your precious herbs on these rogues. Look at your own comrade. He's still there, in need of help.

Sly stomped forward, his fangs beared. Slowly, and in a low voice, he said, Get...out!

You have no power over me. After all of this, I am going to report to Oculus about this, and you can have a stern talk with him about where your loyalty lies.

Now step aside.

((OOC: Longest post I have ever done to keep the plot a little more interesting. Not going to happen again, I promise.))
Sly
Sly
NightWing Enforcer
NightWing Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Aero Dynamic Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:12 pm

I watched as the guards came over to Sly. I listened in on what they were saying, scooting closer so that I could hear them better. I didn't like them at all. Not only did they slash at Lead but they decided to talk about our way of living. No, this would not stand. I got up, an angry look on my face and a growl coming out of my throat. "How about you step aside and don't hurt my friend over here... Either of them. And also, if you want to start talking about our ways, go read about us fist because you don't know anything about us. Lead isn't our leader, and he never promised to keep us safe. And I had a chance to be in a tribe when I was younger but I got rejected. It's hard enough to live by yourself and it's even harder when you have family. Now before you talk about how 'uncivilised' we are, go look in a mirror. And if you're calling us 'worthless' then why are you keeping us as slaves! Why not just kill us right here, right now." I growled at him, getting ready to fight back if he tried to attack. I hoped Lead would fight with me if they did.
Aero Dynamic
Aero Dynamic

Female Leo Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Lead Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:32 pm

Lead watched suspiciously as the three guards approached Sly with mischievous grins on their face. He
narrowed his eyes when they began to tease Sly. Sure, Lead seemed cold and hard on the outside but there was one thing he did not like and that was using others to make yourself feel better. Lead roared in pain when the Nightwing swiped the side of his neck. His pupils merged into tiny slits and he bellowed in anger, bloody saliva hanging in strands from his jagged teeth that were stained a shade of crimson. He jumped in surprise when Sly jumped between him and the Nightwings. He opened his jaws to protest but then stopped when Areo started ranting. Lead looked over from behind Sly, towering over him and glaring at the Nightwing confronting him. His dead blue eyes burned with rage and a snarl drew over his lips.
Lead
Lead

Male Cancer Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:50 pm

This soldier, whom Sly recalled to be named Es'Rabmud, whipped his head to Aero. As she spoke on, Es'Rabmud's glare was sharper, and he huffed a low growl. Right as she finished, he stomped a claw towards her, like how a lion would threaten a trespasser to get back. YOU are nothing but an uncivilised scavenger! How dare you speak before me? I would watch that maw of yours. You speak against me, you speak against the empire! Now sit down! Es'Rabmud moved closer to Aero slowly, his voice less harsh but still spoken between his fangs. Unless you don't want to see your precious mate again? Oh how terrible it would be if he finds out you are gone and, being a good male he is, searches the entire forest for your whereabouts. A shame it would be if he runs into us. Oh, but your children must be starving, but hey, he backed away, a grin on his face as if he was greeting a friend. At least Romeo is back with his Juliet. But not before I rip out the one and only thing that matters to you...right off your claws.

Es'Rabmud waited for Aero's response. It didn't seem he was expecting much. Sly gritted his fangs. Being captured had broken their spirits enough, but him speaking of Aero's family? It would shatter her, and maybe driven her into insanity. Sly wanted to speak, but what could he do? He couldn't attack him, if words won't kick him out.

As for why we decide to keep you? Is it not obvious? So you will have some worth to live, while benefiting our empire in the same time. Instead of being 'rogues', you can be 'slaves' or 'servants'.

What's the matter rogue? You want to fight? Go ahead.

Enough, Sly exclaimed, loud enough to take Es'Rabmud's attention. Your minute is up. Go find your boulders, restrain Lead, and be on your way. If you were listening to Oculus, you would have also heard that he demands no more humiliation of the rogues.

Es'Rabmud jumped a little when he heard Lead's growl. He collected himself quickly and huffed to the side. Pathetic. Look at all of this, he spread his wings and motioned his them around the field. You have a handful of our guards to watch over the rogues, yet you struggle to even control that one, simple, idiotic, rogue behind you. No. I think I will be staying around and making the orders.

Sly smirked, lowering his head in attempt to hide it.Interesting. And what power do you have to control these guards?

Oh, but I have ways to exert control over situations, even if I am given just one command. As I said before, you stand here, you defy Oculus's orders. And I highly recommend you to do...as you are told. Es'Rabmud spoke the last phrase like he was teaching a child, cocking another smile. Some of the guards came up behind him, and stood before Sly, every one of them had glares behind their helmets.

Sly held his ground, flattening his wings against his sides. He knew he was alone, despite having the rogues behind him. An act of defiance would spell huge trouble for him, but if he were to simply 'stand aside', Es'Rabmud would hurt Lead even more--and there would be nothing Lead could do to retaliate, lest he be executed on the spot.

Hmph! Es'Rabmud looked over to the guards behind him, and beckoned them towards Aero. Restrain her. She has every intention to cause harm to us.

A half-truth. Sly lifted a claw, but Es'Rabmud stopped him.

You two! He directed at the two comrades standing around Lead. Then he smiled. Teach that brute a lesson. If he resists... He flicked his snout to Aero. The two nodded and, joined in by a few more soldiers, they struck and slashed at Lead, focusing only on his legs.

This is battery! You have no ri-

So you do care for these rogues. If you don't want that female there...restrained...then I suggest you move.

Sly held his breath, feeling blood rushing to his head. He pressed his wings harder, feeling his energy building up there. You...savage!
Sly
Sly
NightWing Enforcer
NightWing Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lead Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:06 am

Anger boiled up like a raging... Well.. Snowstorm. His body temperature had dropped to alarming rates and continued as he tried his best to hold back from slaughtering ever last one of them. How dare they talk to Areo like that?! Stunningly thick sheets of ice had began crawling across the ground below him. Lead snarled when Es'Rabmud approached him with the other Nightwings, he took a defensive stance, his body lowered to the ground. He let out a hiss, a cyan light emitting from the back of his throat. When they began to slash away at his legs, he bellowed in agony and tried to shake them off. All he felt was sharp stings and a unbearable pain cutting into his now mutilated legs. He slammed his jaws shut with tremendous force, causing a deafening snap, hoping it would scare them off. When the kept on slashing, he tried to crawl away, but the pain dragged him down and his crumpled to the ground, blood pooling around him.
Lead
Lead

Male Cancer Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Xangor Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:56 am

Xangor remained surprised at the rogue's reaction. Rii surrendered as he requested, but she seemed fine to be captured. This was unusual. Xangor decided to give Rii what she wanted. She was willing to follow orders, so it was at his advantage. He was usually nice towards obedient prisoners afterall. "Very well. Know your place as prisoner and no harm or restrain will be laid upon you." He agreed, but his growl was also menacing, intending the NightWings wouldn't lower their guard. Her following question was singular from a prisoner. She cared to know which slave masters she should obey. This pleased the Officer's ego. "I'm Xangor. You'll be answering to me or to my Emperor, Oculus. You'll meet him soon." He answered before to turn towards his troops. "Escort this rogue to the valley with the other prisoners." The NightWings obeyed, indicating the rogue the direction to take. When the NightWings started to escort Rii to the valley, Xangor turned towards NightStar. "We're almost done. There're only a few territories unclaimed. We need to get this done before the sun rises." He explained while Xangor received another report. A scout reported to have seen a strange white dragon (Kohaku), but this rogue mysteriously disappeared. Xangor figured out the possibility they were dealing with a mimetic dragon, or maybe a mage. "Quick. Call three of my sorcerers." He ordered to one of his soldiers. The NightWing run away to search for sorcerers. The sorcerers would be the right answer to this rogue. They should be able to neutralize any magical traps and locate the rogue's position wherever it hides. Xangor wouldn't use the same rush approach as he did wih Rii. He was aware the rogues knew well how to defend themselves. The only way to defeat them was to outsmart the rogues, but their lifestyle and powers were unknown, not belonging to a tribe. Xangor eventually understood what was wrong in this invasion. The NightWings have decided to overpower the rogues with the army, but this kind of approach has caused the local rogues to prepare their defenses. If the NightWings couldn't rely on the factor surprise, they became weak and predictable. Thankfully these were just rogues. The invasion was still turning out to be a success. However next time Xangor would think about better strategies... Now he should put a end to this invasion. He awaited his sorcerers to arrive before to attack another territory.

(The following completes what Warglory started) When Acer attempted to break out, he was quickly surrounded by other NightWings. The fight hasn't gone unnoticed and the NightWings troops were ready to outnumber Acer. So the rogue was quickly surrounded and blocked by several shadow claws. Once Acer was finally captured, the NightWings leaded him towards the valley with the other prisoners.

(to Nightstar: mind reading abilities had been removed from the available powers because they're considered to be overpowered.)
Xangor
Xangor
NightWing Officer
NightWing Officer

Male Posts : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next