Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Awakening Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Awakening Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Awakening

2 posters

Go down

Awakening Empty Awakening

Post by malaki Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:31 am

There was darkness, a feeling of nothing, the passing of time did not even exist. Then like a bright idea to an inventor, consciousness and sense of existence appeared. Malaki's brain came to life with a weak flicker like a candle dancing in a draft that threatened to make it go out.

The first observation he made was the splinting headache and the heartbeat like sensation in his skull, as for the second, he realized that he in fact could not see. Panic was about to take hold of his heart until he reached up and felt a bandage wrapped not only on his head, but over his eyes as well. Accepting in the explanation he was content to keep laying where he was. The lucid moment did not last though. Soon he was confused and slipped in and out of consciousness.

There was something comfortable and familiar in this place he found himself. The smells of herbs, grasses, and mosses. The faint sound of boiling liquids. It created a soothing feeling. As he drifted in and out of awareness there were faint voices.

"He suffered blunt force trauma to the head. I believe it's a linear skull fracture but can't be certain until tomorrow. I do not believe there is bleeding on the brain. But with the patient's recent seizures I have given him an anti-inflammatory mixture to help with swelling on the brain. At this point that is all I can do. He will either wake up tomorrow or die. This dragon's life is now left to the wings of fate."

In the morning Malaki groaned and shifted to raise his still bandaged head and eyes, the conversation he heard having been forgotten. There was an annoying sound like cicadas in his ears. He thought he would go made from the sound until it slowly went away like a whisper on the wind.

"Easy now," a bodyless voice said from the darkness around him. "Can you tell me your name?" It seemed a straightforward question and Malaki opened his lower jaw to answer and found there was no answer to give. Leaving his mouth open for a minute he finally replied, "I don't know, I can't remember." Resting a foreclaw on the side of his head Malaki tried to force a name into existence but it only brought him throbbing pain. "It's ok," the voice said. "Your memories will come back in time. You can't force it."

"Why can't I remember? Who am I, where am I?"

The voice shushed him. "Answers will come in due time. Lay down and rest." Feeling fatigued, Malaki relented and rested his head back down.

malaki
NightWing Trainee
NightWing Trainee

Male Posts : 111

Back to top Go down

Awakening Empty Re: Awakening

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Fri May 05, 2023 7:54 pm

The Twilight King made his way to the Healer's Cave. He had been informed by a Tracker that an unconscious NightWing was found at the edge of the EarthWings' forest. As its name suggested, the Healer's Cave was exactly that. Its main entrance was actually inside the palace, should the royal family ever require a Healer. However, it was also connected to the EarthWings' tunnel system, allowing for access and travel throughout the entire kingdom. Baldirak had personally overseen the expansion of the system into the FireWings' natural territory, to further the unity of Earth and Fire created by his and Kenina's mating. It also served as an alternate and safer means of travel between the two territories, especially in the early days of the monster invasion when Healers were desperately needed. Perhaps most importantly, the Cave was where all of the EarthWings' healing plants were stored and grown. During one of his visits to Daelorios Island, Baldirak had learned from the ElderWings how to cultivate plants underground that normally couldn't survive there.

"What injuries has he sustained?" the Twilight King inquired of the Healer tending to the NightWing.

"He suffered blunt force trauma to the head. I believe it's a linear skull fracture but can't be certain until tomorrow. I do not believe there is bleeding on the brain. But with the patient's recent seizures I have given him an anti-inflammatory mixture to help with swelling on the brain. At this point that is all I can do. He will either wake up tomorrow or die. This dragon's life is now left to the wings of fate."

The EarthWing lowered his head to get a better look at the unconscious dragon, as if to make his own assessment. Among Guardian, Vulcan, and Royal Guard, Baldirak had also once been a Healer. "Hm, I'm afraid I may not be able to do much better. Perhaps if it had been anywhere else. But such an injury to the skull that effects the brain, is beyond my capabilities. If he survives, when he is well enough, bring him to me." Baldirak then left to tend to other matters.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by malaki Sat May 06, 2023 7:24 am

The first few days in the healer's care passed like a blur between the sleeping, and waking moments. But true to the healers' words, answers came in time. The night wing felt silly on the first day when he asked the healer if he was an earth wing upon finding out where he was.

To the earth wing healers' credit, he did not laugh at his patient, but instead told the night wing what he was. Basic memories of night wing tribe returned over the course of that time. The night wing was quite impressed after learning the healer used mud to heal the defensive injuries on his foreclaws that bore the signs of talon slashes and teeth bites. Injuries often found in assault victims that shielded their head and face from attack.

It was the only indication of what happened to the night wing. The healer did not say anything to his patient but kept it in his records and reports. The night wings memories of being a healer were the first and only memories of his personal life to return. But that was to be expected as he was surrounded by all the tools of his trade. The night wing was again impressed upon observing plants growing in the cave that should not have been able to. The healer could only give a smile upon being asked how it was done. "Your tribe has your secrets, and we have ours."

On the fifth day of observation stuck in the cave the healer brough the night wings personal effects over that consisted of only a body harness with bags. He was instructed to go over the belongings as it could help the return of memories. It did not contain much outside of healing supplies and a portable alembic. But there also was a sigil stamp for doing wax seals. there were also wax blocks of different colors from red to black for putting said wax seals on documents.

There was an old looking medallion with a three eyed dragon on it with the said third eye right in the middle of the forehead. The night wing had vague memories of buying this from a artifacts dealer in his tribe. But of what meaning it held and to why? He could not remember.

The night wing of course had visions of things over the time, but the healer just discarded it as hallucinations. Well, until the day his patient stared off with his glowing eyes in the dark corner of the cave and spoke. "You forgot; she will be angry when you get home."

"Forgot what?" The healer asked absentmindedly as he wrote in a scroll with a inked talon. "Your anniversary, your mate will be angry." The healer was understandably unnerved by his patients' words. He had forgotten that today was his anniversary but how could the night
wing know? Th healer kept his private life and business life all separate. It was a interesting development and he paid more attention to record things the night wing said when it seemed like he was talking nonsense out of nowhere.

On the seventh and final day of the night wings observation under the healer's care as was procedure for this type of injury, it was determined he was well enough. Though the healer was still concerned about future seizures that could manifest if proper triggers were applied. "Come now night wing, it is time for you to meet the king."

malaki
NightWing Trainee
NightWing Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Sat May 06, 2023 9:08 am

Hapax and Hamnet, the Twilight King's Royal Guards, were stationed outside the throne room. They were chatting idly, relatively lax for a couple of dragons whose job it was to protect the king. "...No, no! You could clip my wings and tie my forepaws together; I would still be able to beat Gaia." Hamnet was boasting.

Hapax snorted. "Ha! You couldn't beat her even if she let you."

Hamnet snorted back. "You're just--" he paused when he noticed a NightWing and one of the Healers approaching. "--Morning, Jorg. Here to see--"

"--the King?" Hapax finished.

The Healer nodded. "Morning. Yes, His Highness wanted an audience with my patient here when he was well enough."

Hapax replied, "Oh, so this is the NightWing--"

Hamnet cut in, "--we heard about. But the King isn't here."

Hapax explained, "He is in his chambers, and not to be disturbed--"

"--but for important matters." The brothers then spoke in unison, "But we will take you to him since you were requested." Hapax and Hamnet led the way to the King and Queen's private chambers. They entered the multichambered cave, stopping in the Receiving Room. It was miniature version of the palace's throne room. Moonstones dotted the walls, and a water fountain for drinking jutted out from one of them. Hapax and Hamnet once more spoke in unison as they left the NightWing and Jorg to return to their post. "His Highness will be with you shortly."

The Twilight King was in the Moonstone and Time Room. Seated with a circle of stone pillars, Baldirak was using his time-seeing ability. That is, he was until he detected two pairs of dragons approaching his quarters. The vibrations moving through the earth were picked up by Baldirak's own paws. Every dragon created a unique vibration; the King had long ago developed the ability to identify a dragon by these vibrations. Of course, he still needed a name to go with them. Hapax, Hamnet, Jorg. Hm, but who is this? As he retracted his claws from the ground, Baldirak opened his eyes, the dark blue irises paling by several shades, an indication that he was no longer using his time-seeing ability. The EarthWing stood and made his way to the Receiving Room, giving his Healer an acknowledging nod before he settled in the spot where his throne would be had they been in the throne room. "How has our NightWing guest been faring?"
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by malaki Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:20 pm

The head covering was removed but some things did not go away as easily. Malaki scratched at the healing scab of the jagged scar that ran over the right side of his face over the eye and in a jagged scar down the right size of his muzzle. A reminder of the head trauma he suffered. In truth it was a testament to the healer's skill he had any right side of the face left or even an eye. Useless as it was now with the eyepatch held in place with the nearby horn. The healing eyedrops left the pupils dilated and vulnerable to light even more then it would be normally, but the night wing accepted the fact if the eye was saved, he would have limited vision.

He followed the healer with barely controlled excitement, not so much for the idea of meeting a king, well, perhaps a little. But mostly because he could finally get out of the room and be exposed to new sights and smells. Being stuck in one room getting better was akin to sensory deprivation. Malaki was greedy with his one working eye and other sense. He drank greedily of the new smells either by smelling or tasting. He quickly learned that the earth wings were not savages that lived in dirty underground tunnels. No, they were a tribe with culture clearly evident not only in the statues and murals but also the food. Walking by what he assumed a royal kitchen, his mouth started to water at the smell of the meats being cooked in ground ovens that gave off a rich aroma of spices and herbs his senses had never experienced before.

He lingered to smell a bit more and noticed a few dragons watching him with a mixture of emotions ranging from curiosity, contempt, and friendliness. A pretty dragoness in the kitchens waved a claw and he could not help but wave back and open his mouth in a draconic smile. The energy the female cave off was contagious and he could not help but feel joy as well. Up until the healer called him and Malaki was forced to continue walking leaving not only the pleasant scent of the food the but the nice dragoness behind as well who he would not have minded talking with.

The twins were interesting to meet. He was still quite intoxicated with all the new sights and smells the only thing he could manage to say to the two was "Fascinating." With the exposure a memory returned of his tribe studying the telepathic link of twins. The study never bore fruit of any facts that warranted for further study, and it still remained a mystery.

Whatever else the twins said fell on deaf ears when Malaki set his one good eye on the moonstone walls. "Precious starlight....". He said reverently and seemed in a trance. He did not even seem to notice the king when he entered, and truth was being rude in not following proper decorum of bowing. He was lost in his own world gazing at the stone wall and feeling lonely now with a deep longing to bask under a dark sky in starlight.

"He fares better my king with a large number of memories having returned when exposed to triggers. I suggest he continues to regain the memory naturally then by force. Why he has not suffered any seizures of late I still not would recommend travel until at least a year has passed with no incident. Night wing tell the king what you remember".

The night wing traced a claw around a moonstone on the wall and then another but spoke as with his back to the king and healer. "I don't remember my name. I was or am Chief Apothecary of the Potentate. I was attacked, I never saw their faces." The healer did not press any further questions, but the night wing spoke further. "I thought about it a lot why any dragon would want to hurt me when I was recovering. Perhaps it was because I was young and others desired my rank and position. Perhaps it was dragons that truck me down out of blind hate because of being a night wing. Stars above I wish I lost the memories of the dragons I failed to save as a healer. Perhaps a family member of the dead blamed me for not doing enough and wanted revenge."

The night wing stopped tracing the moonstones on the wall with a talon and turned the right side of his face with the eyepatch and jagged scar that ran down the side of his snout. "I remember small bits, but I grew up an orphan. I don't know who my mother and father are. Perhaps I am the unwanted offspring of an important dragons' youthful indiscretions, and my existence could not be tolerated."

Returning to his focus on the wall the healer added. "Here is a scroll of notes that I have recorded your majesty. I suspect he can see into the future. I leave that for you to decide."

malaki
NightWing Trainee
NightWing Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

The Twilight King watched the NightWing, who seemed enthralled by the Moonstones. Indeed, the NightWing didn't even acknowledge Baldirak's presence. But Baldirak didn't seem to mind this, instead listening to Jorg's report. The NightWing himself spoke when prompted, offering his own theories as to why he had been attacked. "You've been through a great deal, Child of Night." Baldirak finally spoke, "Unfortunate that this came from the claws of our alliance." The EarthWing's pale blue eyes shifted to Jorg. "You may go, Jorg. I will return him to you myself later."

The Healer bowed. "Of course, Sire." He saw himself out of the royal chambers.

For a short while, Baldirak studied the NightWing, taking note of his injuries. Eventually, he stood and made his way to the wall the younger dragon seemed so fascinated by. He used the tip of his tail to touch one of the Moonstones, a white one, himself "They are magnificent, are they not? They are the closest we may come to the great Goddess, in lieu of the honor of a personal meeting. I found a good number of these myself over the years, but most of them come from the Queen's collection." Baldirak lowered his tail and moved back to where he'd been sitting. "Your theories are as good as any without anything to go on. I myself failed a few of my fellow EarthWings when I first began as a Healer. But I doubt this or your perhaps being an unwanted offspring is the reason for the attack. Whatever the reason, I will have the culprit found and see them punished. For now, Child of Night, you should worry only on your recovery."
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down