Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

The invasion starts (NightWings VS Rogues) - Page 5 Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

The invasion starts (NightWings VS Rogues) - Page 5 Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

The invasion starts (NightWings VS Rogues)

+15
Sly
Aero Dynamic
Lead
Xangor
Rii Rii
Lynx
Eveningsong
AcerDesertDraconic
Alistair
Nightstar
Pyrrhus
Atlantis
Frey
Oculus
AuSurath
19 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The invasion starts (NightWings VS Rogues) - Page 5 Empty The invasion starts (NightWings VS Rogues)

Post by Xangor Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:07 am

First topic message reminder :

Xangor landed on the northern borders of the NightWings Empire, not so far from the IceWings territories. The dark dragons have locked their borders until today, imprisoning anyone that would dare to enter their territories. There was a reason behind this: the NightWings needed to build the largest army ever, militarizing the empire. After months of training, the army was finally ready to fight. The NightWings would finally start expanding territories and open their borders. Their goal was to take over as many rogues territories possible, capture new servaints and prepare the NightWings to move war against another tribe and access more lairs and resources. It wasn't casual the NightWings will move towards north, where the Icewings live. The ice dragons were one of possible Oculus targets.  Xangor planned to do all of this in great secret alongside the Empetor Oculus, so other tribes would never suspect about the NightWings intentions. In fact they have already prepared a diabolic and cunning scheme: the NightWings will attack during the night, taking advantage of the darkness to capture rogues and secretely claim territories. The forests will help the dark dragons to hide even better. Xangor looked around while the night was coming. The other NightWings would arrive soon to join this campaign. Everyone was going to have a special role and be rewarded if the campaign would be successful. Xangor couldn't wait to start this invasion and he scratched the ground a little impatient. However he was in control of himself, his mind already working on all the strategies and his menacing red eyes studying the battlefield to prepare the attack. He has spent most of his life administrating territories, but rarely having a chance to conquer lands because of the peaceful approach of previous leaders. However Oculus was completely different from other leaders: he was ambitious enough to consider about moving war against others to strengthen the empire. This was one of the reasons because Xangor was supporting the Emperor, afterall. The Emperor will be the one to lead the invasion. This night will be the first attack and it was certainly going to be a nightmare for the poor rogues .

(Nightwings joining this plot)
Oculus (and Oreo Dynamic)
Allistair
Slychotic
Frey
Degzauth

Rogues: (current targets)
Rii and Aero Dynamic

IceWings: (casual appearance)
Phyrrus and Lynx

Setting is evening/night and environment are forests)
Xangor
Xangor
NightWing Officer
NightWing Officer

Male Posts : 131

Back to top Go down

The invasion starts (NightWings VS Rogues) - Page 5 Empty Re: The invasion starts (NightWings VS Rogues)

Post by Rii Rii Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:34 am

Rii dipped her head respectfully all the while cataloging the names that Xangor had given to her. Oculus, who was their emperor apparently, was the one she really had to impress. He sounded like the type of dragon that sucking up might help her out with. As far as Rii knew the only two nightwings she really had to take orders from were Xangor and Oculus. The bluish she dragon wouldn't obey anyone else.

The dragoness sneered back at the other nightwings who surrounded her just tempting them to attack her and disobey their orders. She slipped down from the tree trunk then landed gracefully onto the earth very aware of the number of dragons surrounding her. Then she walked proudly along in the direction that Xangor's subordinates were directing her to go in. Not bothering to rile up any other nightwings, Rii ignored all the others quietly traveling with the group back towards the valley.

Eventually they made it to the valley whereupon Rii got a good view of the other two rogues that had been captured much like she had. She dipped her head in a silent greeting to the pair while a look of understanding flew across her gaze. Then she settled a bout fifty feet away from them. Her rump hit the ground as she lay her body down and waited for Xangor to return. She cast a dangerous glare to any other nightwing who dared to sneer at her and growled warnings at their taunts. She would attack them if they tried anything funny. Xangor didn't give her orders not to attack an annoyance. For now anyway she stayed in her resting spot near the other rogues as had been ordered of her.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

http://www.tribalcorn.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

The invasion starts (NightWings VS Rogues) - Page 5 Empty Re: The invasion starts (NightWings VS Rogues)

Post by Aero Dynamic Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:39 pm

I listened to him speak, barely flinching when he laid a claw by me. It was hard not to full out growl at him but I managed to keep it low. When he told me to sit down, I stayed standing. Again, not moving as he stepped forward. He started talking about my mate. Sure, he would search the entire forest for me, and my children wouldn't be starving. If they knew who my mate was they'd know that they would be fully fed. The growl still in my throat I was glad he backed away. And if anything, he would fight until the end for me. "You are wrong." I growled at him, glaring at him. I waited through his last words, a bit of confusing running into my anger. "And what makes you think being a slave is better than a rogue? Being a slave is no better than being dead." I said, knowing he would probably attack me next. I watched as he talked with Sly, glad that he finally intervined. I watched as he beckoned more guards over, then pointed at me. "What? I did nothing!" I growled at him. Apparently speaking for what's right isn't allowed here (Right of Speech Razz) I watched as they were then moved to attacking Lead, and I watched as he pooled out with blood, making me want to help him but knew I couldn't. Sly spoke but the guard interrupted him, again, but this time threatening him with me. Why did I always have to be the one who was sacrificed for everyone! I turned back to the guard. "Look, I demand you to bring your leader down here right now, I would like a word with him. This is insane, why don't you just let your guards hurt him when he does something wrong!" I said to him, not caring if he thought I was a slave, to lowly to talk to, or even if he thought I was 'uncivilized scavenger.'

(Just realizing, but the white men called the Indians 'uncivilized XD)
Aero Dynamic
Aero Dynamic

Female Leo Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:44 pm

This was madness!

The two soldiers were relentless as they continued to claw through Lead's legs, even with blood spewing out from them.

Sly was about to turn to pull them away, but was stopped by Es'Rabmud's growl. I cannot let you do that, medic. Why won't you stop and think. How would Xangor, or any of the Nightwings, look at you if their own healer dares to harm his own brethren, or even stand against a command? Or do you dare to go against your own beliefs?

Sly lowered his head, his lips concealing the trembling fangs as they were pressed against one another. He had to stay calm. Letting rage cloud his mind was what Es'Rabmud wanted, something Sly expected from a follower of Xangor.

That's enough! He commanded his comrades, and they stepped back from Lead. The rogue looked like a large prey, cornered and beaten by a pack of wolves, as he laid there.

Then he heard Areo spoke again. Sly turned his head away a little. He wanted her to be silent, rather than drawing his attention to her. But, as he had spoken, dragons were stubborn creatures. You have no power to tell me what to do, rogue! Es'Rabmud said. His voice softened after he heard Areo compared slavery to death. We are not hurting him because he did something wrong. We are simply...doing what's absolutely necessary to get his cooperation. Or did you just suddenly forget why we are doing this?

As for you, medic,
Es'Rabmud marched closer to Sly, so that they were within claw's reach to each other, I've let you stand there long enough. Stand aside, before you will answer to Oculus. You have until I count to three.

You have mutilated his legs. What more do you wan-

One!

Answer me this and I will move. He is my pat-

Two!

He is my patient! I cannot care less what Oculus wants to do with him, but if you dare to lay one more scratch I-

Three! Es'Rabmud stepped back.

Sly followed him forward. I will protect my patients! Even if it means I have to k-

"Es'Rabmud!"

Sly's ears perked left, and all eyes fell to the group of soldiers Es'Rabmud sent to find the boulders. It seemed they were successful, with three large rocks dragged by three each with rope.

You have done enough, Sly said. Restrain him properly like you are told and get out of my sight.

Es'Rabmud rolled his eyes to Sly, then away in thought. A moment had passed, and no one said another word. Sly could still hear the labour breathing behind him. He needed to treat Lead right away, or he may never use his legs again.

Es'Rabmud turned around, then stiffened at the sight of a newcomer. A serpent-like dragon. It coiled itself at a safe distance from any dragon and simply laid there. Sly assumed this was the dragon named Rii--the one with the venom that paralysed his patient. Amidst this chaos, it was a miracle that nothing woke that soldier up.

The scar he left on me is more painful than the one you have, Es'Rabmud continued, turning to Sly once again. Perfection is such a fragile thing. Once it breaks, it will never recover. Es'Rabmud indicated his comrades, and they knew, from a simple nod, to drag the boulders on Lead. This is partly your fault as well, medic. If you had been good and tell me where to cut him, we don't have to destroy his legs. With his eye raised, he opened one of his wings to Lead, gesturing Sly to the crippled rogue. Now that you have learned your lesson, let's try this again. Help him onto his fours. Then you can go play 'healing' with our brother there. That rogue has the venom you need, does it not?

Sly huffed through his nostrils, trying to diffuse any anger left inside him. He would never forgive this dragon for what he did. As for Rii, it looked like the rogue would not give up the venom lightly--not unless it was in his blood. But the paralysis was not the biggest concern here. Sly walked slowly to Lead, his legs somewhat numb with every step. Never had he been forced to become an obedient 'slave' like this, but he must, or the rogues would be in danger.

He assessed Lead's legs. They needed treatment indeed. Sly could still roll him on his belly at least, but they would never stand. Sly went behind Lead and wriggled his snout to where his shoulder met the ground. Come on.

Nuh-uh-uh, Es'Rabmud said. You don't ever show your soft side to the enemy. Remember that, medic.

Sly's heartbeat quickened again. He could have sworn he was on the edge of lunging at this soldier and tossing him out of the valley. Thank goodness Es'Rabmud didn't continue. Sly shook his head before pushing Lead again. Move! He bellowed. Sly couldn't do this alone, and he needed Lead's cooperation to get him onto his belly. He could feel how cold Lead's body was--like trying to pull up a fallen ice sculpture. Sly etched closer to Lead's ear and whispered, I will find a way. For now, do as you are told.[/color][/color]

Last edited by sLychotic on Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sly
Sly
NightWing Enforcer
NightWing Enforcer

Male Posts : 619

Back to top Go down

Post by Lead Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:09 pm

Lead snapped at Sly but stood up nonetheless, seemingly ignoring the pain altogether, although his legs trembled as if they were about to give in at any second. He huffed and snarled at Es'Rabmud, lifting a single talon and dragging it across his neck as if to slit his throat.
Lead
Lead

Male Cancer Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Aero Dynamic Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:26 pm

My claws flexed in the ground. These dragons were idiots. Healing a dragon is not betraying the tribe. I wanted to say that but none of what I said actually got through his head. Watching the dragons with boulders made me wince. I got bored of standing so I laid down, making sure my legs were under me and my wings were tight on my sides. Those boulders looked like they could crush, and I didn't want them on me. I didn't notice the other rogue here and kept my glaze on the dragons with the boulders, wishing they understood that Lead was finished... Until later... I laid my head down, feeling the cool soil and finally closing my eyes. This was a mess. I needed to sleep, or at least pretend I was.
Aero Dynamic
Aero Dynamic

Female Leo Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:28 am

Sly grunted, his snout getting numb from the extreme cold of Lead's body temperature. He eventually got him up. More than that. Lead was standing on his claws! Sly stiffened at the sight. How could he be still standing like this?

Es'Rabmud was also shocked at this. He backed away from the towering rogue, well away to avoid that feeble attempt to strike him as Lead's claw missed him. Sly looked down at his legs again. They were trembling. With every shake, more blood trickled down.

Sly wanted to tell Lead to lie down, but he didn't have to. Es'Rabmud gave the order, and the soldiers, using their tails, swiped at the legs and easily knocked the large rogue onto his belly. Surely, even with his strength fully restored, there was no way he could move. The legs were basically depending on each other to hold Lead up.

You will break his wings, Sly said weakly.

He deserves what he's getting, Es'Rabmud spat at him. Now, for the final time, move aside. Unless you want to join him under the boulders?

Sly slowly moved away. His head whirled. This was wrong, but he had no choice. In any situation, his own safety was more important before anyone else's. Otherwise, who would be the healer if Sly was injured?

The soldiers dragged the boulders closer. When they touched the wings, Sly's heart leapt. Then he turned away, eyes closed, as the Nightwings gave one final heave, followed by faint snaps as he could hear the bones crack under the immense weight.

Aww, can't handle a little more weight can you? Es'Rabmud reared and stomped his claws on Lead's snout, pinning it down so that he couldn't move or even retaliate and bite him. Come on. Where is that fighting spirit now? Es'Rabmud leapt back, but not before giving a slash at Lead's cheek, giving him a scar similar to the one Lead gave to Sly. You want to kill Oculus? You can't even kill one of Xangor's dragons.

Sly waited for a moment, giving time for Lead to let out any cry of pain. Have you had enough?

Far...from it! Es'Rabmud said. But since we need these rogues alive, I will keep my claws still...for a while. He then flicked his snout to the paralysed soldier. Don't you have a dragon to attend to?

That can wait, Sly said. The rogue needs help. His-

You need to know your place, healer. I want to know what you stand for.

If I don't heal his legs, he will never walk again. Has he not gone through enough torment? He could be in shock right now and will die any minute!

Do you care about the success of the invasion or not? What if this one survivor is all it takes to make a difference for our success? What difference does one, mere rogue make? He is already beyond our control.

Sly flexed his claws. This soldier. He didn't care about the wellbeing of the rogues. He just wanted dominance. Sly glanced at Rii's direction, then back at Es'Rabmud. Although the snake-like rogue was far, it only takes a few pace before Sly could reach her. And how am I suppose to extract her venom, I wonder.

Well, that is something you have to figure out, healer.

Sly snorted, tilting his head to the side. His eyes were turning green, but they still carried a tint of yellow. Obviously Es'Rabmud has no idea as well. Getting bitten was no solution, lest anyone would end up like the patient. Sly had his magic syringe, but he needed Rii's compliance.

My answer is obvious, Sly said, smirking. I refuse to help him unless I can heal Lead first.

Es'Rabmud wasn't pleased with the answer. This rogue will break out again. If you heal him, you will only restore the strength of these rogues and weaken our chance of success!

Let me tell you something, and you can tell this to Oculus. Sly stepped forward and cocked his head up, his smugness returning. I cannot care less.

Es'Rabmud's eyes widened a little, his legs shuffling uneasily.

I stand only by my beliefs, and mine only. If a patient comes to me, on the brink of death, I heal them...friend or foe.

Es'Rabmud's breath was rather hoarse, as if he had flew around the world. No. No, healer. You will listen to what I demand. You are only but a healer. You know nothing about what it takes to be a Nightwing soldier! I am far more superior than you. I am far more loyal to the Nightwing's cause than you are. And I am certainly far more stronger than you are! I demand you to heal our soldier first, or I will bring you before Oculus for your treason!

Treason? Sly chuckled. Seize me. Let Oculus know that this invasion has taken a rough turn. It would be shame if it were to end because he lost the only healer beside him.

Es'Rabmud stepped back as Sly moved forward with his wings spread. How pitiful. He was only pretending to be a prominent figure. Of course, if Sly really was standing before Xangor right now, the chief would not hesitate to take him in. No. You can't control me. I am Es'Rabmud, the terror of the Nightwing army! You are to do as I say heal whoever I want you to heal. I command you to-!

My valley. My patients. My rules.

Es'Rabmud stopped, his head lowered until the night blanketed his eyes. Sly stopped as well, noticing the sudden change in this soldier's attitude. In fact, he sensed something dark emitting from him. Your rules? No. This just won't do. A healer is no royal guard. Your only purpose for the Nightwings is to heal the injured. There is nothing more you should do. I've tried to teach you our ways, but you are just too stubborn to let go. Your rules? Well, I will just have to overwrite them. Es'Rabmud snaked around Sly and headed towards Lead. No. He veered off. He was going for Aero! Bring in the extra boulders!

Just as Sly turned to him, Es'Rabmud pounced, with intent to pin her down if she was caught. (If she were to be caught, Es'Rabmund would straddle on her and pin her neck down, partly choking her).
Sly
Sly
NightWing Enforcer
NightWing Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Aero Dynamic Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:37 pm

I kept in my position, the only thing sticking out was my tail and my head. I listened to what was going on, keeping my eyes closed and purposely slowing my breath down. I listened to the conversation, a jolt shaking my body when I heard the snap. 'On no, Lead!' I though, keeping my mouth closed but slightly biting my tongue. Listening to the rest of the conversation made me want to rip out the guards throat, wasn't Sly on exact order from Oculus to keep the rogues alive and healthy? I was glad Sly finally was taking a stand against them, he was stubborn. I heard him say to bring more boulders, wasn't Lead captured enough? Were they going to place it on his back or tail, taking the risk of killing him? No, and I knew all to soon. He jumped on me, pinning my neck to the ground making it harder to breath. Keeping my wings tucked in tight and my legs under me I tried to slow down my already fast-tracked breath, knowing that my tail was the only thing other than my head sticking out. Fear struck me in the heart, they couldn't hold my wings. I held them even tighter, nothing would make me put them out. But what questioned me the most was, why did he even bother to straddle me? I was already on the ground, looking like I was asleep, so it didn't make sense. My breathing was slow, I could feel my heart rate slowing. Maybe I could just play dead...
(Btw, true thing if you slow down your breathing your heart rate slows down Razz)
(Also sorry if this doesn't make sense, I'm still a bit tired XD)
Aero Dynamic
Aero Dynamic

Female Leo Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightstar Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:38 pm

(@Xangor: Can I still keep my mind controlling? Cuz, if not, I won't be a huge part of this invasion..)

Nightstar looked at the dragoness with hatred. She hated her already. As she walked past her Night narrowed her eyes and studied Rii. Her mind was so much like Gemini, both being able to know their enemies easily. As she left Xangor finally acknowledged her. She smiled softly and replied back, "Okay, I'll go with you to find the last few dragons."

((Shortest post ever...))
Nightstar
Nightstar
NightWing Tracker
NightWing Tracker

Female Virgo Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Dynamic Oreo Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:54 pm

Seeing as Warglory took off without following me made me wonder if I should go after her or to the rogues. I looked at Oculus then back at the direction Warglory went. 'Better make sure she doesn't get into any trouble' I thought with a slight growl as I took off after her. Finding her with another dragon I landed, ignoring the dragon she was dragging. "What do you think you're doing, Warglory?" I asked, unimpressed at the situation. I looked back at the dragon, noticing it wasn't one of us. 'So she caught another rogue...' "Let's bring him back to the valley then." I growled at her, walking next to her so that I could follow her if she took off anywhere else.
Dynamic Oreo
Dynamic Oreo
Night Wing Royal Guard
Night Wing Royal Guard

Male Leo Horse

http://dragonsrp.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lead Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:39 pm

( Sigh. My posts are but a hatchling compared to your absolutely mammoth posts. ;-; I am unworthy of basking in it's presence. )

Lead grit his teeth when the boulders were lifted on top of him, pain shot through him as they began crushing his wings and tail. He grunted and tried slipping his wings from under them, but it just made the pain worse. Lead was now helpless. He absolutely dreaded this feeling. Despised it. Loathed it. He focused so much on how he hated it, that the pain wasn't noticeable.

When Es'Rabmud approached Areo and called on the other Nightwings to fetch boulders, something inside Lead snapped. They could beat him, embarrass him, break every last one of his bones and force him to fix a wall, but they couldn't hurt the innocent, especially his friends.

Lead thrashed side to side, grunting as agony pulsed through his veins, in hope to get loose and sure enough, his wings slid out from under the boulders, but they were mangled and bloody, feathers messy and crooked. Lead breathed heavily and lifted himself shakily onto his talons. He limped over to Es'Rabmud from behind silently.

Lead towered over Es'Rabmud from behind, his eyes glowing a ghostly blue. He growled lowly and swiped a tongue across his jaws that opened to reveal glinting white fangs, jagged and draped in blood and saliva. A guttural popping escaped from his throat as he prepared to bite down of Es'Rabmud's head, blinded by rage.
Lead
Lead

Male Cancer Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:35 pm

Sly froze as Es'Rabmud successfully subdued Aero, but unreasonably pinning her down by the throat. What had she done? Why was he suddenly involving her in this situation?

I saw it in her eyes, Es'Rabmud said, huffing, like he had flew around the world. She had the eyes...of a dragon with intent to kill. I'd say she needed to be...restrained. Just in case.

He had enough. Sly dashed towards Es'Rabmud, but stopped short by a few Nightwing soldiers. He wondered how Es'Rabmud gained their trust, as he did not have a high rank to begin with. Probably his friends. Nonetheless, Sly stepped back, with nothing but his eyes to watch. Soon, more boulders have arrived, roughly the same size as the one pinning the now thrashing Lead.

You don't want her to suffer the same fate now, do you? Then I suggest you do as I say and heal the soldier first!

Sly couldn't do that. Not anymore. Lead tore his wings into a mess of blood and broken feathers. By now, he had lost too much blood. And that, Sly needed to address immediately. However, if he went against Es'Rabmud, he would condemn Aero into harm.

But surely helping Lead was the better option. It would be his death if Sly chose to obey.

Suddenly Lead's wings gave way, and he freed himself from the boulders. Again, this rogue's recklessness surprised Sly, but it also made his stomach curl at the horrendous sight. Every limb of this rogue was torn and broken, yet he somehow found the strength to stand up and limp his way to Es'Rabmud, who shuffled around his grip and looking left and right. How? That's impossible!

Sly quickly shook off that surprise, realising what Lead intended to do. He hurried past the distracted soldiers and put himself in between Lead and Es'Rabmud, but also careful enough to not block him. Lead no! Whatever you are thinking, please rethink it over. Remember Oculus's orders! He may as well be talking to a wall. Lead walked past like Sly was just a rock near his path. Es'Rabmud, waiting at the end, calmed himself, then a small smile crept to his snout as he stood straight with a proud chest, exposing it to another scar.

Lead please! If you strike him, y-

It looked like Lead was about to fall forward. He dropped onto Es'Rabmud's chest, but the dragon jumped away at the last second. He growled as the fang grazed across his chest, forming a smaller cut across. But Es'Rabmund, with a huge grin, struck Lead's leg with his tail and turned to see his dirty deed. It looked as if he hoped Lead slumped forward, maw open, to bite Aero on accident.
Sly
Sly
NightWing Enforcer
NightWing Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lead Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:03 pm

Lead's large ears spun towards Sly as he pleaded him not to kill Es'Rabmud. He snapped out of it. His mind was foggy, almost as if he had forgotten what he was doing and he stopped himself. When Es'Ramud dodged out of the way and struck him with his tail, Lead stumbled to the side slightly like a drunken cow. He let out a deafening roar that seemingly shook the ground and lashed his tail out, kicking Es'Ramud's legs out from under him then waited for him to get up.
Lead
Lead

Male Cancer Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Aero Dynamic Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:57 pm

'Stay still.' It was all I thought of. 'Stay still and quiet.' Even when he said the reason he was restraining me and I wanted to growl at him I didn't. I wish I could freeze like Lead, make it seem like I was actually dead. My wings were already as tight as they could be on my body, but this guard was annoying. If anything he would set the rock on my tail, or on my body which would kill me. I felt bad for Lead, he was already suffering and had to suffer more. But by the surprised gasps of the dragons I could tell he was up again, somehow. I kept my eyes closed, still not wanting to move. It felt like I wasn't breathing at some points, but I knew I still was. I was glad when the guard got off me, letting me breath again. Then I heard Lead's roar, making me wonder what was going on. Either way, I kept my eyes and mouth closed, making sure my breathing was still slow.
Aero Dynamic
Aero Dynamic

Female Leo Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:47 am

Sly's heart was at his throat when Es'Rabmud's tail connected with Lead's mauled legs. The large rogue staggered a little, but thankfully missed the fall on Aero and dropped to his side.

Es'Rabmud grunted, looking down at his legs, then he rolled onto the ground as well. Lead's tail passed through and returned to his rear. This made Sly stiffened a little. Lead attacked a Nightwing. This was it. This was all the Nightwings needed to kill him.

Sly didn't know what to say. He watched as Es'Rabmud got up and assessed the new wound on his chest. His eyes glistened in his anger as he looked up at Lead, huffing. It seemed Lead had humiliated the Nightwing once again. But that anger turned to a smirk.

Well done rogue, Es'Rabmud said. You have finally granted me the permission that I desire.

What if it was an accident? Sly asked. I doubt he has any intention to hit you with his tail.

Even if he doesn't, take another look at my chest. He tried to bite me! If I had stayed for even a fraction of a second longer, he would rip my heart out.

You were going to harm my patient! Both of them. The two rogues are friends. Would you not do the same and push me off if I were standing over one of your friends?

Es'Rabmud didn't answer. He threw his head up to the sky and turned around, as if frustrated with something. We are the Nightwings. We do not...make friends. We are an ambitious bunch of dragons with never-ending thirst for power. Even if we do, it is only a matter of time before they exhaust their use and we discard them on the streets. This is our way of life. If you don't accept it, why won't you claim yourself as no longer a Nightwing...but a rogue? You can join your two pathetic friends here into a life of servitude to the empire. Or you can run.

Sly looked down, his legs feeling weak. He was aware of the beliefs and how his fellow dragons think within the empire when he treated them for wounds and diseases. Es'Rabmud's view was dark, but still coincided with most. To be honest with himself, Sly refused this kind of way of life, but he had to keep quiet. Was it because he was a coward?

We wasted enough time. Are you ready rogue? Es'Rabmud circled around Lead until he stood in front of his snout, towering above him. We've clawed your legs, we've crushed your wings and tail, yet you still stand. We tried to offer you a place...to be of some use in your life...but you are just uncontrollable. Es'Rabmud beckoned his comrades to his side. I think it's time we put you out of your misery!

Sly took a deep breath, trying to calm his anxious heart. As he bowed, ready to lunge forward, he shot his wings open. The energy he collected to his sides hissed, and orbs of varying colour shot out and spinning towards the Nightwings. As they left him, Sly also rushed forward, racing with the orbs as they leave glowing thread trails.

The soldiers noticed him and, just as their eyes widened, they tripped and distanced themselves.

Sly landed where Es'Rabmund was, slamming his claws down to a halt. His attack caught up, and rained everywhere in front of him, sending dirt flying into the air and lighting the valley temporarily. It would surely catch a lot of attention and, strategic wise, would be detrimental for the invasion. By Sly had no choice. His patient's life comes first.

I have let you continue with your little game long enough, Es'Rabmud.

Es'Rabmud hurriedly got up and marched to Sly, his fangs bared. So you dare to cross the line and attack your own soldier for this mindless rogue? Does this defiance mean you have abandoned the empire for the sake of these uncivilised lizards, healer?

I have not abandoned the empire, Sly replied, matching Es'Rabmud's growl with his. But as I have stated before, I will protect my patients. That is the belief that I stand by.

Oculus will know about this!

Sly smirked. He was waiting for that. Go ahead. Tell him. Tell him of your failure to restrain the rogue. Tell him how your presence here is meaningless. Tell him how you defied his order and harmed the rogues. Tell how you are no longer useful to him and should be discarded! Tell him how you were scared of by a mere, simple healer! And while you are at it, tell him how your comrades failed to do everything Oculus has asked and even went against his order like you did. I am certain he is happy to hear it.

This unsettled the Nightwings. They looked at one another, then back at Sly, as they slowly backed away from Es'Rabmud. The latter fixed his glare at Sly, his face turning red.

No? Sly stood up straight, walking around Es'Rabmud. Maybe I should tell him how I tried to attack you?

You. Wouldn't. Dare! He hissed.

Sly stepped towards him, prompting Es'Rabmud another step back, as Sly pushed him away from Lead and Aero. Is something wrong? Did I not recall you threatening to report my actions to Oculus as an act of betrayal? Or did you suddenly change your mind?

This is defiance! He blurted, still backing away from Sly. The rogue attacked me again! He is uncontrollable! He needs to be executed. Now, you need to be as well.

Enough! Sly snapped, forcing Es'Rabmud further back. I am sick of hearing the same nonsense over and over. Like I said, I am fine if you report all of this to him. But what I will not stand as a healer, is a waste like you barging into my valley, attacking my patients, provoking their anger, and spitting at me like am nothing more than a dog! Sly hissed the last word, which seemingly carried enough force to push Es'Rabmud further back, until one of his legs stepped on Rii's tail.

You are no longer my patient.
Sly
Sly
NightWing Enforcer
NightWing Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:57 pm

Rii had been watching the scene before her intently. She pretended to be preening herself all the while keeping one eye glued to the noisy dragons. Every bit of knowledge she could gleam from the rogues and the nightwings as they argued and fought could help her in the future. For instance, she learned the names of all the important dragons taking part in the callous words being thrown back and forth at each other.

The two nightwings were called Es'Rabmud and Slychotic. The rogues were called Lead and Dynamic. Plus, while she pretended to preen and groom her fur all over she quietly and smoothly slipped her hidden tail spikes through her jaws coating them in venom. Then she continued to groom through her tail fur all the way up her back. Very calmly and casually she moved her head to groom the scales along her legs and feet. Her tongue flicked out swiping away dirt and dust that had come from her subterranean tunnel. Then she smoothly stuck the tips of her claws in her mouth as if she were trimming them. Instead the she dragon actually coated those too with venom. She repeated this act with her other four legs and clawed feet before moving to groom her chest and wings.

She kept to herself just keeping an eye on the others as the rogue named Lead continued to struggle against the nightwings. She almost snorted at his defiance. What good is pride in being a rogue if you are dead? she thought angrily as the nightwings very forcefully tried to restrain the male. She almost wished she had the strength to beat at these bastards like he had. However as Lead's situation got worse she found herself glad to have surrendered so easily. Unlike him, Rii was totally uninjured and still had the chance to run if and when her captors began to relax around her. Lead wouldn't be able to run now that he was so badly injured. Even if he could get up he wouldn't get far.

Shifting into a more comfortable position and coiling herself a tad bit more tightly, Rii then watched the nightwings argue with each other. She didn't budge one step as Sly and Es'Rabmud's argument quickly turned into verbal assault. As the one dragon backed up towards her she let out a low hiss in warning. Back away from me if you know what's good for you... She hissed low in her throat while opening her jaws to display her sharp teeth and fangs. Rii was primed to attack, but hopefully they heard her warning and stayed away from her.

Unfortunately it seemed as though the dragons hadn't even noticed her position or her warnings. She moved her body out of the way as the dragon shuffled backwards into her, but her tail still got stamped on. She stopped hissing then flicked the end of her tail upwards to drive one of her hidden tail spikes into the dragons leg. It was a quick jab, not meant to do a lot of physical damage, but just to deliver that venom into the blood stream.

Get off of my tail! She growled indignantly while then tugging at her long tail still half stuck under the nightwings blundering feet.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lead Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:01 pm

Es'Rabmud's words passed through Lead like a ghost that had given up trying to find it's body. He knew that they would attempt to execute him. The truth was; he did not care. Never, no, not once was he motivated by his will to live and he was even less so now that his future, which had once been a blank canvas for him to paint his purpose, was burned and thrown to the wind. Lead had no reasoning. He was reckless, carefree and stubborn. The only thing keeping his head on his shoulders was the thought of his mate and hatchling.

He growled and shifted his weight when Es'Rabmud made his speech. He didn't know whether or not it was true and quite frankly, he didn't care. The Nightwings were capturing rogues and forcing them to serve the dragons that took their home in cold blood. That was enough to make him want to crush the lives of every Nightwing be it hatchling or elder. When Es'Rabmud stuck his snout in his face and asked him if 'he was ready', Lead's fur frosted over, cold radiating off his sides. Ready? He was more than ready. He had been ready his whole miserable life.

Sure. Let those Nightwing scum throw their whole army at him. He'd be ready...

Oh he'd be ready...

Lead jumped back when Sly charged forward. All he saw was a flash of blinding light, then Sly standing in front of Es'Rabmud. For once, he was surprised. He had thought all the Nightwings were fixated on their own needs. Perhaps he was wrong...

Perhaps he was wrong again..

Perhaps it was only this one.

Perhaps....

(Perhaps ouo )
Lead
Lead

Male Cancer Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightstar Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:23 pm

bump

(I'm waiting for Xangor)
Nightstar
Nightstar
NightWing Tracker
NightWing Tracker

Female Virgo Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Aero Dynamic Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:31 pm

Listening to them talk made me realize they weren't talking about me, or they shouldn't have been. I listened and ended up opening my eye. I saw this and relaxed, Sly looked like he was taking care of this. I noticed they were getting close to another rogue the Nightwings must have caught. Did I know her, I couldn't tell if I did. I turned my head and watched this, glad that Lead was letting him take care of it. But Lead, his shredded body made me shiver. I got up, walking over to him and sniffing his leg. He was almost red from the blood. I glanced up at him "You should rest." I said, hoping he would lay down.
Aero Dynamic
Aero Dynamic

Female Leo Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:09 am

Es'Rabmud almost jumped when the rogue lashed and hissed at him for stepping on her, and he stumbled away from her. There, glittering in the moonlight, a few spikes lodged into his sides.

With wide eyes, the Nightwing stared at them, then back at to Sly--horror riddened.

Sly remained where he was, glaring and staring down at Es'Rabmud, even as he staggered towards him and slumped before his claws. Then he started to wheeze, his breaths becoming sharp with the amount of effort just to get air inside him. Sly just looked down on him, unmoving. If he healed him again, Sly knew he would cause even more harm, not only to the rogues, but to himself as well. Not that he knew how to cure him.

Sly rolled his eyes to the spikes, seeing how clear venom dripped down the lengths. It should be all he needed to identify what herb he needs. But as he moved closer to take one, a claw, cold and stiff, gripped Sly's.

Help me! Please!

Sly shook off the grip and took one of the spikes, being careful not to sting himself. I ran out of anaesthetics. My apologies, Es'Rabmud. He turned without a second look and stormed towards where he laid the bag of herbs.

Behind it, a couple of Nightwing soldiers, still some distance away, stared back at Sly. They were different than before. Instead of the curious looks they give, which gave an aura of pride and bravery, what Sly see were curious looks giving him hints of fear and wonder.

Sly hid a smirk close to his neck. Now they know what their own combat medic was capable of. A mere medic who would never be broken by some petty soldier.

He dropped the spike on the bowl before dragging his bag to Lead. There was still some time to heal him, and Sly wasted little time to find the potions and herbs he needed. Some of them had magical properties embedded in them, which would help accelerate healing processes. Because of the severity, Sly never thought he would have to use them this early in the invasion. He would have to restock after this.

This time, Sly never asked Lead to drink anything. It seemed his cold temperature couldn't freeze any of these wounds. The potions he poured would both numb any further pain and clean the wounds from any infections. Then Sly pulled out long bandages made from tough, flat vines he found in the swamps of the Nightwing territory, and wrapped them around the legs.

I am sorry, Sly whispered. It was awkward that he lowered his voice such that he was talking to no one, but he was relying on Lead's sensitive hearing. I never know something like this could happen to you. Perh-

"Medic."

Sly whipped his head to another voice. Another Nightwing, accompanied by more Nightwings. This time, the middle Nightwing was different. He wore more armour, adourned with many sophisticated grooves that were not only for appearance, but also to bounce any projectiles any foes would hurl at him. Judging by that kind of armour, only sergeants of the army were qualified to wear them.

The sergeant looked around, assessing the situation. He gave a long look at Es'Rabmud, who saw the sergeant. Es'Rabmud shifted his snout towards Sly, forcing a smile.

Can we talk another time? I have yet to heal his w-

That will not be needed, the sergeant said. There is only but a slim chance that this rogue would dare to attack Oculus without his wings, and I doubt he can ever escape without them.

Sly blinked, a little concerned about this sergeant.

And I doubt this rogue will live to see the day, he stood with a proud chest. The rogue, known under the name Lead, was aware of the consequences for attacking a Nightwing. And still he chose to lash out, specifically against the Nightwing known as Es'Rabmud. I have bared witness of this incident, and hurried when you attacked your comrade.

Sly hissed again, feeling the scars on his cheek flaring. It was still as chilly as Lead, throbbing like a very bad toothache. Hear me out first. I feel Lead has acted within reason when he attack Es'Rabmud. He was about to-

The sergeant burst his wings open, and Sly flinched back in silence. You have patients to heal, do you not? Now, two of our comrades are poisoned and still you have not the antidote.

Sly looked at the spike. True, he never saw that venom before, but there was a very strong reaction over the leftover mixture. The colour, the thickness, the opacity. He knew what venom he was dealing with. Definitely a unique one, and he hoped this forest had it. I need to find the herb, but I have to venture deep into the forest, away from my post near Oculus. Do I have your permission?

The sergeant was silent, having backed into his thoughts. Then he nodded. Xangor has marched far enough into rogue territory that I doubt anyone of them can reach the leader. However, I will accompany you. We need to have a long talk together. He turned his side to Sly, giving him a path towards the forest.

Sly felt his heart raising to his throat. So much had happened, and now he would have to battle the worst. Lead was facing execution, and Sly...persecution. He knew the penalty for betrayal and attacking a Nightwing comrade. Sly gave a half-worried look to both Lead and Aero. He tried to smile, trying to tell them that everyone would be alright. It was hard. They were all in too deep.

Sly nodded to them before following the sergeant to the forest, accompanied by four Nightwing soldiers. The rest of them would surround the rogues, keeping an eye on them.

They walked for quite a while, the valley disappearing behind them. It was like being trapped in a world with nothing but this dark forest and endless night.

First thing I want to discuss is about the rogues. We still have a long way before the invasion will end, and I figure they should do something useful--in preparation for their arrival to the Nightwing empire.

What will you have them do?

The sergeant stopped to sniff the air, loud. The forest barely carried any scent. In fact, it made Sly sick the further he was in.

Something that will benefit us. Now that Xangor is far into the Nightwing territory, I fear that he may travel too far for supplies. The rogues will be carrying food and new armour to Xangor and his dragons, with reinforcements accompanying them.

But Lead w-

Lead will stay in the meadow until his execution, the sergeant snapped.

But he acted within reason. To protect himself! Es'Rabmud was going against Oculus's orders and was harming-

Lead lost his limbs, which you will have no troubles fixing. We lost time and a proud soldier, who could be the difference to winning and losing this invasion! And because of your recent actions, he is now out of commission.

Sly looked down. The sergeant was right. Every soldier counts. Lead losing his ability to use his legs was nothing compared to losing a soldier. Sly was starting to feel a bit guilty for pushing Es'Rabmud towards Rii.

Unless you plan to present yourself before Oculus and tell him you side with that rogue?

Again, Sly had nothing to say. He wanted to do that, but then he remembered his betrayal. Surely Oculus would hear about it very soon. Sly swallowed and raised his chest as well. I will talk to him. Of course he couldn't! It would be the end of him.

The sergeant nodded a little. You know, I had doubts that you would be the first to question your own loyalty. But now...it seems you are not only an incapable combat medic, but also an incompetent Nightwing. Fine, you will have until the sun rises to convince Oculus to spare that lunatic rogue. But after everything you and he had done...I highly doubt that will happen. Oh, and while you are at it, have a very hard and long think about how you will explain your actions to Oculus.

Sly wanted to curl to a ball. He had to stay strong. The situation had gotten worse for him, but he would manage. He survived his way through Es'Rabmud's ploy. He could go through this...
...somehow.

Are those what you are looking for?

Sly looked at where the sergeant's claws were at. Blueglow mushrooms. It shocked Sly that this sergeant knew what he needed. Without a word, Sly slowly moved in to collect them inside his bag.

When we return, I will set the rogues to work. Your work on them is done, and I suggest you stop speaking to them if you wish to keep your position...however small the chance that may be.

Sly's ears perked at a sudden rustle of a tree branch above him. He was not the only one who noticed. The sergeant was looking up.

Who's there?
Sly
Sly
NightWing Enforcer
NightWing Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrrhus Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:00 am

Pyr had been sitting there for hours now, waiting for a nightwing to come. It was like they were almost so arrogant that they expected the rogues to come to them. He knew it was far too late to run though, he heared them in the distance. Lots of roaring, fighting, and yelling in the distance.

He looked around, paranoia starting to set in a little. He heard rustles and voices coming closer and closer to him. He went dead silent, rope and shield in one hand and sword in the other. His armour would only do so much.

They went right under him, then he heard his cue. 'Who's There?'

He jumped...

He swung through the air with his shield and sword, slashing the armoured one. Sparks flew with a clash as he managed to strike a weak spot in a plate, making what was to him a rather deep gouge but most likely a mere scratch to his attackers.

He let go of the rope as he landed on the ground with a roll. Running back toward the armored one. He ran right behind his front legs. He knew he was as good as dead already so he might as well make the most of it. With another slash of his sword he sent sparks flying, this time not going through the armour.

The sparks lit the tall dry grass on fire, hopefully to give him some time to run. The duo would soon be after him so he ran as fast as he could. He knew that this was it for him, the end of the line.

Pyrrhus
Pyrrhus

Male Posts : 223

Back to top Go down

Post by Lead Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:43 am

Lead grinned as Es'Rabmud began to suffer. Maybe, when the guards weren't looking, he could snap his neck quickly then when the guards noticed he was no longer alive, Lead could say the poison had most likely reached his vitals. He snorted and tried to tuck in his broken wings. Agony pulsed through Leads veins but miraculously he managed to fold them onto his sides.

When Sly denied to help Es'Rabmud, Lead was left surprised. Sure, Lead wanted to rip out the guys life and crush it and he was sure Sly did to, but he wasn't expecting Sly to go against his words.

Lead flinched when Sly began wrapping up his leg wounds. They had gotten infected in a small amount of time and posed a heavy threat. He grumbled something when Sly whispered about how he was sorry. Sorry? 'Sorry' wouldn't make him feel better, he'd need a lot more than apologies.

Lead turned his head to the sergeant when he appeared out of nowhere. He listened in as he turned Sly away to talk. He was going to be executed? Not on his watch. Not today. When they left, Lead looked around. There was no one but the guards and areo with him. He thought he'd have a little fun.

Lead roared at the guards and ended it with a shriek. The guards yelped and stumbled backwards, a few plugging their ears. He chuckled. Pathetic.
Lead
Lead

Male Cancer Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:48 am

Sly stiffened at the sudden whips of a rope, coupled with gentle clinks of articulating armour pieces as a small figure dropped to the ground. The silhouette flailed towards the sergeant, swinging a gleaming long object at him. Having something drop from the air surprised the sergeant enough that he had barely any time to dodge the shadow, and he grunted when that object touched him, leaving behind a thin line of red.

A sword it seemed. The figure seemed busy with the sergeant that it hardly noticed Sly or any of the Nightwings. Sly approached slowly, then he went rigid. He knew this reptilian--a patient of his who had suffered wounds from Lead as well.

Cunning pest, the sergeant said as he collected himself, dodging most of the swings and letting his grooved armour bounce off the rest. Before any of the Nightwings could come to help, the sergeant reared and slammed one of his claws on the reptilian, pinning him down and making sure one of his talons pressed his sword arm.

Wait, Sly said.

The sergeant froze, but without even a glance to Sly. Instead, he huffed a sigh. Another friend of yours I am assuming.

A former patient. Sly walked to the sergeant and gave a closer look at the reptilian. No doubt about it. He met him before. But why, of all places, would he be here?

A reptilian, the sergeant hissed. Him being patient will not spare his life. Oculus gave the order to capture any rogues alive. But he never mentioned anything about killing these two-legged scum! The sergeant pressed his claw on the reptilian harder. In addition. This invasion is meant to be a secret. If we spare him, who knows what that rotten little mouth may spill. I say we should guarantee eternal silence from him.

That will not be necessary, Sly said quickly. It did nothing more than anger the sergeant. Yes, an appearance of a reptilian is most alarming. But what if he is a scout for an army of them? What if they are here in response to a calling from a trusted rogue? I say we seize him, put him with the rest of the rogues, and ask Oculus what to do with him. The words came out very stiffly, as blood flooded into Sly's head. But it seemed the sergeant was buying it. He snuck a glare at Sly.

Then he released the reptilian. Before he could stand, the sergeant slashed his claw at him, cutting across the gap in the armour and into the reptilian's sword arm. As the reptilian was left with this pain, the sergeant gave a menacing look at Sly, uncaring. Just in case. Surely a cut is nothing to you. Then he beckoned the Nightwing soldiers to come. They nodded and knocked the reptilian's back with the back of their claws, forcing him up and pushing him forward, towards the valley. "Move!" They hissed.

Before anything happens, there is one thing I would like to know. The sergeant said, walking with Sly back to the valley, the captured reptilian in front of them, surrounded by the soldiers. If he dared to try anything funny, he would have to go through six dragons, Sly himself included. Why are you so insistent in protecting an unstable rogue like Lead? What do you see in him that is worth protecting?

Sly just smiled. A weak one, but he maintained his calamity. Why are you suddenly interested in the business of a mere medic?

I am interested because you have a completely opposite mindset to what some of us have. If you want to keep your head, and stay within the Nightwing empire, you best be looking for valuable friends than dangerous enemies.

Sly thought about this, so much so he slowed his pace. The sergeant stopped with him, but beckoned his soldiers to keep escorting the reptilian to the valley. They weren't far. The valley was in sight.

Sly snorted. This could be a trap. Trustworthy Nightwings were a rare find, and he hardly knew this sergeant. For all he knew, the sergeant may use whatever Sly said against him. The rogues. The invasion. Es'Rabmud and this sergeant. The execution, the servitude, the persecution. This was one really complex chess puzzle he found. He had to choose his words carefully if he wanted the best outcome.

The rogues have a family. This territory belongs to Rii, but before we captured her, we caught rogues who happened to be passing by. Surely, Xangor's little speech may have broken them, despite being a little off, Sly thought after remembering what Aero said. But who are we to further mistreat them? They may forever be separated from their mate and children, being nothing more than servants to the empire. I am simply there to fulfil my duties as a medic--regardless if my patient is a ruthless rogue or another comrade.

The sergeant just nodded. It wasn't a serious one, but one as if to mock his words a little. You are brave, I will give you that. But in the end, a vain effort. It's a shame Lead couldn't follow one simple order to keep still.

Sly growled a little.

I know what you are thinking. You want to save him. But face reality, medic. There is nothing more you can do. Oculus will not open up to you, not after what he saw.

Sly scratched the dirt below him, feeling his calm mind slipping. But...he would be useful to the empire.

The sergeant shook his head, turning towards the valley. You say this rogue acted within reason. I can say the same for Es'Rabmud. He did what was necessary to restrain a mad rogue, even if it went against Oculus's first order. Any other means would just be fruitless, but to us, as an empire, it is the ends that count.

The end justify the means. Sly narrowed his eyes a little at that ideal.

I also believe it is also in your words that the rogues should not blame us...but blame on their luck? We need these territories for resources...these rogues for the empire's development. In the end, we are helping them. If you fail to understand this before you present yourself to our leader, you best leave and become a rogue yourself.

The last phrase made Sly's heart leap a little. Become a rogue? That would be absurd. He would never survive out here on his own. When he looked up, the sergeant had already left, presenting himself in the valley. He shouted orders to the Nightwings, the commands coming as mumbling to Sly, but he heard something about bringing in the food and armour carts, as well as a few magicians to imprison Lead.

Sly stayed within the forest, his head down. The sergeant said it all. It was all gathering into one giant mass of pressure on Sly's shoulders. What could he do? He feared what Oculus would see him as, and Sly would need to restore his reputation right away. At least soldiers like Es'Rabmud now knew to give him proper respect.

But there was something odd about the sergeant's words. Something that felt wrong. What was it? He knew it was there. His mind was tickling to play with those words. Whatever it was, he had to find it before sunrise.

Sly began his walk back to the valley, still in his thoughts. Even if he didn't find the words, he would not let the executioners take Lead's life.

Even if it meant planning an escape.

Sly returned to the meadow, keeping his head low, pretending to be 'broken'. He tried not to look at the rogues as he began to treat the reptilian. Sly spread a bit of a herbal mixture he prepared in a bottle before the invasion over the cut, and wrapped the familiar flatvine bandages over it. As he did so, the sergeant had brought over the carts, piled with mountains of deer and steel, all strapped and held down. Sly pretended to not notice anything, as he finished up with wrapping the wound.

Then he moved to the two paralysed soldiers, completely ignoring anything anyone would say to him.

You three. Get the Nightwing rogue and the snake over and tie them to the carts. Magicians, surround Lead and lock him in the magic cell. And medic...

Like a soldier without any will, Sly weakly glanced at the sergeant without turning his snout.

You may stay. Take all the time you need to prepare something for Oculus.
Sly
Sly
NightWing Enforcer
NightWing Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:07 pm

Rii remained in her place now as the other dragon slipped sideways away from her. She gave it a long hard stare before tightening her coils around herself. One of her tail spikes had come off allowing a bit of blood to infiltrate the fur around the end of her tail. She licked at the blood cleaning off her fur thoroughly. Rii was a vain dragon, and looking nice was almost always at the top of her list of things to do.

She viewed the two other dragons leaving the group then lifted her head stretching it upwards to her full height to peer after them. Once Sly and the sergeant were gone she loosened her coils a bit to get a little more comfortable. Her eyes drifted to Lead as he screamed a challenge at the other guards. Some flinched at his roar while others actually jumped backwards a few feet. Two near her left twitched towards Rii surprised by Lead's roar, and she in turn caterwauled loudly at them. Like Lead, Rii didn't mind having a little fun with the smaller fidgety nightwings.

Then she smiled to herself before moving a bit closer to the two nightwings she had injected her venom into. The she dragon was a bit confused as to why the first one wasn't getting up. Her venom shouldn't have worked this well for this long on him. She sniffed at the sick guard curious as to whether he might be having an allergic reaction to her venom. It was possible, but she had never seen it happen to a dragon before. The only other time she had seen a reaction this badly was from when she managed to sink her fangs into a dinosaur, one of many she had taken down while hunting, and it fell unconscious like normal. However about ten minutes after it fell unconscious the dinosaur had gone into convulsions, swelled up as if it were full of water, and then died. Well I hope that's not happening to this poor fellow... she thought quietly while trying to rid herself of the images from the allergic dinosaur from her mind.

The other dragon who she had gotten in the foot with her spikes was only just feeling the effects of her venom. She snickered at him before looking to see Sly coming back. That dragon there you might want to see to. My venom shouldn't have had him down and sleeping like this for more than five minutes... He might be, well... Allergic to me. She looked back to the first nightwing unsure of whether he would be okay or not. Then she twisted her head around and listened to sLycotic's words.

Pulling a cart.. bah. she growled inside her head. Her neck lowered her crown to the height of Sly as she narrowed her eyes onto the nightwing. This is by the order of Oculus or Xangor I presume? If not then I will not obey. She growled darkly waiting for an answer before moving from her place.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dynamic Oreo Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:59 am

I decided to finally fly back to the rogues, I had been away from them and Oculus's order for to long, long enough that I would probably get a lecture for it. I flew overhead, seeing a struggling NightWing being carried by two guards before one of them snapped at her and she stopped. I looked back to the snake, seeing her staying in one place. I then saw the two NightWings laying on the ground not moving. I looked for Sly, our medic, and found him by a reptilian. I haven't seen those in a while. Then looking by them I saw Lead, he was covered in bandages from his legs to his wings. What the hell had happened! I landed, glancing around at all of the NightWings, looking for an answer. "What is the meaning of this." I said, looking at Lead. Didn't we have strict orders not to harm them unless they harmed us. I looked back the NightWing rogue, seeing her tied up to the cart. I would ask about that latter, it wasn't as important as this. I slightly growled at myself for not being here sooner, narrowing my eyes waiting for an answer. My tough armor was gleaming, showing the colors of a Royal Guard, the best of the best, able to defend Oculus no matter what, even if it takes your life.
Dynamic Oreo
Dynamic Oreo
Night Wing Royal Guard
Night Wing Royal Guard

Male Leo Horse

http://dragonsrp.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AcerDesertDraconic Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:53 pm

After constant struggling, Acer went limp in the dragon's jaws, exhausted. He couldn't overpower this much larger dragon.
After being dragged to the others, he snappily got up at the edge of the group, avoiding eye contact with his captors. He tucked his sore wings into his side, standing tall.
He glanced around at the other rogues, and at the horizon. The sun had risen, and he must have been the last one captured.
Why had he been so curious? Now he had gotten himself in serious trouble. He was surrounded by night wings and captured rogues.
AcerDesertDraconic
AcerDesertDraconic

Male Sagittarius Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next