Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Prayer to a Goddess [Human Responses] Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Prayer to a Goddess [Human Responses] Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Prayer to a Goddess [Human Responses]

3 posters

Go down

Prayer to a Goddess [Human Responses] Empty Prayer to a Goddess [Human Responses]

Post by Svadilfare Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:38 pm

(Ignore that this is posted in Kryo, just happens to be where my human is at the time when the monsters are irradicated.)

Svadilfare was sitting in his home, staring at maps and sharpening one of his swords. A fire burning in the hearth and metal sliding against a whetstone were the only sounds in the Pride of Kryo's house. All his hybrid children were off either helping their mother or exploring the world. Astral was spreading her influence among the human populace, erecting temples and a university of magic; she was also returning to her duties as a Goddess of dragonkind. Svadilfare received letters from them all from time to time, most often from Aurora. Elara insisted on sending her letters via meteor... "It's faster and way more awesome!" she would say. Whatever made his daughter happy... it's not like the Kryoans minded having to rebuild the meeting hall every month or so. It was nice challenge, to see if they could construct something that would withstand the might of the Star Storm (Kryo's nickname for Elara).

Currently, Svadilfare was preparing for war. A neighboring village to the north of Kryo had at first sought allegiance. However, their customs insisted on marriage, if not through the chief, then their children. With Svadilfare already being married, the second option was pressed, however--with the youngest of his human children already engaged, and the secret of his hybrid children needing to be kept that way--he refused the marriage of any of his eligible children. Of course, he had the additional reason that he didn't quite like the chiefess of the neighboring village but talks never got that far. So, Kryo was declared an enemy and the village would return in three days to raze it to the ground--a declaration that was received much to the amusement of the Kryoans.

As Svad finished sharpening one sword and picked up the other, his wife's voice entered his mind. "To all the sentient creatures of the world! This is Astral the goddess of the moon and stars. Of knowledge and magic. The goddess of gods." Astral telepathically announced to everyone of the world. "I have rid the world of the monsters I promise I will never let something like this again and as a symbol of my promise." Astral then created a second moon one with a darker surface a memorial of sorts to all those who had lost their lives. Then to the dragons she said. "I will restore the semi gods to the tribes so they may protect themselves in the absence of the gods." And then to the humans she said "I will grant you a human semi god to be a champion to your race.so you never have to fear a return of the monsters."

The warrior/assassin turned chieftain smiled. Because of their location, Kryo had had the fortune of not having to deal with the monsters as directly as other places. It was only when traveling to other cities that Svad had had to deal with them, but because of his skill, and magic, he was better off than most people. It was his children he had fretted over. But now... Svadilfare reached into his shirt. He pulled out a leather cord braided around a thin silver chain. At the end of it was the red Moonstone Astral had gifted to him when she first revealed her true self to him. Then, it had been a sort of payment to keep him on as her guide. "You could sell it and get a ton of gold." she had said then. Svad shook his head now at the thought. The Moonstone was the most important thing to him; save his children, he had never received a greater gift in all his life. He brought the Moonstone to his lips and kissed it. "You've made the world safer for them, Astral. I will be able to sleep easier tonight." He wondered for a moment if she could hear him before tucking the Moonstone back beneath his shirt and returning his attention to his maps. "Hmm..."

Just as he was settling back into his thoughts, he heard a frantic pounding at his door. "Chief! Is it true?? Are they gone!? AND WILL YOU BE THE SEMI GOD?!?!" several voices called.

Svad got up and went to his door with a sigh. Battle tact would have to wait a while. "If you can hear me, my love, give me the strength to deal with a mob of confused Kryoans on the eve of war." He opened the door and stepped outside, raising his hand to silence the shouting. "First of all, I AM NOT going to be the semi god, and I WILL have the tongue of anyone who even thinks of suggesting it... So, abandon that dream right now. I am your chieftain and best warrior, the Pride of Kryo, that will be enough for you. Now, as for what you just heard. Yes, it's true..." Svadilfare went on and after he was finished, the villagers dispersed and returned to their own preparations for the day to come.

Svadilfare

Male Posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Prayer to a Goddess [Human Responses] Empty Re: Prayer to a Goddess [Human Responses]

Post by Cygnus Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:54 am

Cyg held his ground in old Nightwing territory as a catawal bit into the buckler he'd picked up on the job. He really liked that thing too. But now he had to let it go and hope he could spear the thing. Cyg eyed around, seeing no one there that didn't already know what he was before his whole body was coated in a blue, aurora-like glow. He then ran to spear the beast, straight through the chest, and soon, it fell. He took a breath pulling his spear and grabbing the buckler before dropping his little boost, then seeing there were still more.

"What kind of nest did we kick up?" He got ready, putting the buckler in front of him. Would he have to risk it now? Showing his magic was one thing, but fully showing he was a hybrid was a whole other one. Then though, something happened. The catawals just... vanished. Cyg stood there, dumbfounded. Where.... Then the voice came. His mom? She... she actually did it. She stopped them.... Wait he was out of a job now. That didn't matter. Then the news. Semi-gods would come back.... And the humans would get one too! He looked around for the others, quickly twirling his spear to more of a walking stick.

"What was that?"

"What do you mean what was that? It was a god!"

"Ok, folks. We know we're done here unless you want to find something to hunt. I know my plans, but seems like that might be it for this kind of work."

"I mean you could hunt dr...."

"I've already said I'm not hunting dragons, Jarl. Thick headed...."

"So what will you be doing?"

"I mean my Papa did mercenary work before, probably that."
Cygnus
Cygnus

Back to top Go down

Prayer to a Goddess [Human Responses] Empty Re: Prayer to a Goddess [Human Responses]

Post by Súl Iolar Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:56 pm

Súl smiled a bit looking at his youngest daughters, with El helping to keep an eye on things.

"Alright you little monsters, now watch how your sister handles this punch closely.... And no trying this one each other!" Should he have been showing the girls this now? Maybe not. He felt like it was needed though with how dangerous the world had been. Plus the archer hadn't always made friends, so he'd rather them know how to be safe if they had to. He just hoped on his watch.... Then he heard something. Had he gone crazy? Well the fact that one of the girls had run up, seeming scared made him thing it wasn't just him. El looked completely confused, but heard the same thing.

The monsters.... The were... gone.... It was over. El looked shocked as she went to go find her mom, one of her sisters in tow as her dad just seemed shocked.

"D-Daddy.... What's a semi-god?" Súl looked, taking a breath and looking back through his mothers dragons had taught him.

"Something very old. Powerful. Something that puts us a bit more on par with our bigger friends." He really hoped whoever became said Semi-god wouldn't drag humanity into a new war on dragons, but... he had some hope at least.
Súl Iolar
Súl Iolar

Male Posts : 190

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down