Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only) Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only) Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)

Go down

Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only) Empty Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)

Post by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

The God of Fortune and Balance, Kelarth, rested on a mountain within his realm. Before him, flitting about in the sky like sentient clouds, were many glass mirrors. These mirrors, portals really, showed him the inhabitants of the mortal world, from the smallest human to the biggest dragon, and even the Lesser Species that existed between them. He saw each of their lives and manipulated them as was demanded by Balance, the one power that was above even a god. Such a delicate thing, Balance. Even the smallest thing could disrupt it. It fell to Kelarth to ensure Balance was maintained properly, to reward or punish if the scale tipped too far one way or the other. Ah, the Scale... All other gods could do as they wished, but Kelarth was slave to his Scale. His every action was in service to it. Yet, he harbored no ill thoughts for it. Only he had the patience and nerve for this never-ending task. If he was being honest, he also enjoyed the thought that he would one day have to wreak havoc upon the mortal world, in the name of restoring Balance. But... hopefully not today. The mortals had been through too much Bad Fortune lately.

Kelarth returned his attention to his plethora of mirrors. Mayhaps, there was a mortal in need of Good Fortune today. The humans had their own god now; let her tend to them. Kelarth set his sights on the Lesser Species. Oh? What's this? A Fire Phoenix about to be captured by human poachers. That won't do. There are so few of the birds left after the monster scourge. Every living member must be able to contribute to the restoration... Humans tend not to care for other creatures as well as they should; they barely treat their own kind well. Kelarth plucked one of his black feathers from his wings and blew it into the mirror from which he was watching the Fire Phoenix. "Good Fortune be with you, Phoenix." There was no need for him to watch the result, so he began searching his mirrors for another mortal soul in need of some Good.

He finally found one, but it was peculiar. An EarthWing was searching for food, and of all things, he desired... pancakes. Pancakes? What on Pyrria are pancakes? If nothing else, it sounded like some decidedly human thing that Paradox would be obsessed with. For reasons still unknown to the God of Fortune and Balance, Paradox loved all things human. He often sported something he called a hat and glasses... Or was it a monocle? It was a wonder he didn't take to living as a human. Kelarth wondered for a while if the EarthWing was simply starving, spouting gibberish as he neared his end. But no. The EarthWing was quite healthy and as far from death as Death himself... He simply had a desire for pancakes. "Well, if that's what you want. Let there be pancakes." A pearlescent spear formed in Kelarth's paw. He tossed it into the mirror. It would fall until it landed at the EarthWing's paws, at which point, a pile of pancakes would appear, as if by magic--which it was. "Now, I best go seal my realm off for the day. Paradox will have half a mind to invite me for tea and an eternity-long tongue lashing for doing something so decidedly... Paradox... without asking. Not that that stopped him from taking over my job for a week." Kelarth shuddered as he recalled the memory. "That the mortals didn't call for my hide to be roasted on a spit for his stunt is nothing short of a miracle only Shardas could have performed." And so, having freed a Fire Phoenix and granted an EarthWing's desire for pancakes, the God of Fortune and Balance went to make sure Paradox wouldn't pay a surprise visit, before turning his attention to the inevitable doling out of Bad Fortune.
Kelarth
Kelarth
God of Fortune

Back to top Go down