Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Totally Normal Humans (Paradox) - Page 2 Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Totally Normal Humans (Paradox) - Page 2 Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Totally Normal Humans (Paradox) - Page 2 Empty Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)

Post by Soshi Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

Soshi sat close to the fireplace of what had become a new home for both her and her odd companion, Paradox. She looked around before tossing some fire into the wood there, smirking before going back to something she was working on. She quickly used her powers to form some earth in her hand, and attempted to mold it into the appearance of a fire phoenix. Then she tried to set it, only to have the earth crumble away.

"For the love of all that's good! Why is this an issue!?" She grumbled a little before tossing the dirt aside, quickly sending it back to where it came from. She grumbled a bit more, just sliding the dirt back to try again. She only hoped she hadn't annoyed Paradox or someone else with her yelling.
Soshi
Soshi

Back to top Go down

Totally Normal Humans (Paradox) - Page 2 Empty Re: Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)

Post by Discord Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:47 am

Eris glanced over to the gryphon figurine, which decided to give sunbathing a try as it sprawled out with wings wide atop her shoulder facing towards the window, as Soshi gave her explanation. She wasn't wrong with her idea, many a deity passed on trinkets towards the faithful as signs of their allegiance, though the importance and the permissions such a smallun symbolized was very different among the various divines and their realms. Considering her own approach to such symbolism, the Goddess of Chaos found it best to stay silent on such, she was an outlier compared to her fellow dragons and for good reason.

As she watched Soshi raise more simulacra from the earth, Eris' gaze wondered back to the gryphon which decided to roll onto its back in a very cat-like manner. For all the acting it did she knew it was just that, an act, a mimicry. Despite what he had his followers believe - back in days where it was common practice for mortals to praise the divine for their existence - Paradox could not create life out of nothing. Not only was such an act almost impossible on great scale, life itself was not his domain - as he was swiftly corrected by the Goddess of Life and her followers - despite the connection life as a whole has to chaos and the forward moving force of change.

Such was it that she gave the not-quite-living gem a few pets with her finger before it rolled back onto its claws and returned to its true creator, landing next to Soshi before the chaotic motions of replicated-life left the figurine and it once more became as inert as the gem it represented, though as immaculately detailed as it was in its short faux-life.

I am certain that whoever you decide to be worthy of such fine craft and deeply connecting power will be honored beyond belief. You have certainly inspired myself to work on creating new totems of my own, very much different than those I used in the past as I now seek to rediscover and reinvent myself with the humans as my audience.
Discord
Discord

Male Pisces Rat

Back to top Go down

Totally Normal Humans (Paradox) - Page 2 Empty Re: Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)

Post by Soshi Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:03 pm

Soshi smirked a little bit, forming a wall next to herself just to lean on it for a bit of added effect.

"So you're telling me the little human goddess inspired you? I'm touched." She send the wall back into the earth, taking a bit of a breath before thinking over everything. She looked at the other gems as she shifted them back to normal dirt as well, minus the griffon.

"I just really hope I don't mess this up."
Soshi
Soshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Discord Tue May 02, 2023 5:59 am

That statement struck a chord within Eris and a feeling washed over her, something she hasn't felt ever since she took the place as the apex of the dragon gods...true sympathy. As she looked over Soshi, she couldn't help but think back to the days of old, the time Paradox took great care to strike every mention of out of every memory and every history across the world - the time before he became the God of Chaos.

It was in that time, those days, before his proverbial coronation in which he felt the most vulnerable, the most sceptical of his own abilities. As each and every moment passed, he wondered whether he could succeed or not, even as the plot was executed right before him, flashes of failure and punishment came over him. It wasn't until much later past his dragon-made ascension that he could truly feel the results of his actions.

But as Eris remembered those dark days, she knew of course that Paradox had no support, he stood ever alone to face his inner darkness in those moments of doubt and despair. Given the reputation his mother held, it was of no surprise that none sought to associate themselves with her or her offspring. Yet as Eris' mind returned to the present time, she knew that such was not the case for Soshi; she had Eris by her side, though Soshi herself might not see such as an asset sometimes, and though Eris was alone and fending for herself in her most important moment, such did not mean that Soshi would have to go through the same.

Walking over to her friend, Eris sat down next to Soshi on the floor, quickly glancing over the gryphon left on the ground before seeking gentle eye contact with her friend.

Soshi, there is something I wish to tell you. Not as a Dragon God or as a Human Goddess, just as a friend of yours past all the titles, epitaphs and grandeur. I do not know why it has taken so long for the Aspects to choose humans to represent them. But in all my life, none who have become their Aspects have ever failed in their duties. This may be a situation you do not feel comfortable in but I do believe in you and I firmly believe that as you grow more into your position, you will accomplish a great many things for yourself and for the humans as a whole.

I honestly do not know if you care at all for me telling you this but you are the first true friend I have ever made and I do not wish for you to make the same experiences I have made in my time. I was always alone in all I did, I had no friends, no family who cared and no allies I could rally to my side. But you have me and I will always come to your aid. If you ever seek advice or need help with something, you can count on me...

Gazing out a nearby window, Eris could see the sun starting to set on the horizon line. She rose back onto her feet before picking up and dusting off her trusty wide-brimmed hat. After she finished dressing up in her uniform and wrapping a cloak around her form, she walked towards the door.

The night is soon upon us and I'm on patrol along the border of the town. Hope you'll have a quiet evening, my friend. I'll see you tomorrow.

Last edited by Discord on Sun May 07, 2023 1:10 am; edited 3 times in total
Discord
Discord

Male Pisces Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

Soshi smiled a bit, listening as Eris spoke. It was nice to know she wasn't alone. That she did have someone who understood what the heck she was going through. She wasn't really sure what to say though. What could she say in this situation. She sat there, still not sure what exactly to say until her friend noted that they had a patrol to do that night.

?Thanks. And before you go.... I does mean a lot. I'm glad to have a friend that understands this."
Soshi
Soshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2