Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Foray Into The Frozen North (Tharasis) [Finished, awaiting review] Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Foray Into The Frozen North (Tharasis) [Finished, awaiting review] Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Foray Into The Frozen North (Tharasis) [Finished, awaiting review]

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Foray Into The Frozen North (Tharasis) [Finished, awaiting review] Empty Foray Into The Frozen North (Tharasis) [Finished, awaiting review]

Post by Noctis Umbra Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:20 am

Noctis prepares for the cold of the northern lands where Ice Wings call home. He gathers everything he needs to start a fire. He then gathers some food for the trip and starts heading out of his cave. He starts flying due north at a steady pace so not to tire himself too quickly. After a few hours of uneventful flying the sun sits at the highest point in the sky. Noctis’ stomach growls demanding nourishment, he soon finds a clearing among the snow-covered trees. He lands and starts getting materials out for starting a fire, he clears the snow on the ground in front of him and piles the wood carefully, he gets some dried leaves and the flint. Noctis places the dried leaves in the pile of wood and starts striking the flint together, it soon spark and start the fire. He then pulls a freshly caught mackerel and starts cooking it over the fire.

Last edited by Noctis Umbra on Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Noctis Umbra
Noctis Umbra
NightWing Trainee
NightWing Trainee

Male Aries Dragon

Back to top Go down

Foray Into The Frozen North (Tharasis) [Finished, awaiting review] Empty Re: Foray Into The Frozen North (Tharasis) [Finished, awaiting review]

Post by Tharasis Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:20 am

Tharasis had ventured to the ice wings lands. Wanting to see the sights and of course, to get a feeling of the climate his body was well suited for.
He enjoyed the snow, the pure white plains and or lands that are covered in them just gives of a comforting feel to him.

He could honestly just sit down and watch snow fall from a high point.

Today however perhaps he had just managed to zone out for far too long. Or perhaps his wandering had left him too interested then to remember time. Because after he had just realised how long he had been out, the sun had already set.

The moons glow can be seen shining brightly above. Illuminating the snow covered lands with its light, it looked pleasant to ones eyes. And gave Tharasis a soft smile, before he turned his gaze to focus on getting back home.

And as he walked, he suddenly caught smell of something odd... Smoke? he asked himself, wondering who could be out here. Was it humans? no no, of course not. But a dragon? maybe... probably so.

He followed the scent, and soon enough he caught another smell. Another dragon.
He was curious as to whom this dragon could be. And he chose to approach from afar. Far enough where the dragon would see him first, and as to not startle the dragon he wanted to meet.

When he was sure enough the dragon knew of his presence. He would announce himself.

" Hello. " he called out. In a friendly voice.

Tharasis
Tharasis
NightWing Guardian
NightWing Guardian

Male Posts : 120

Back to top Go down

Foray Into The Frozen North (Tharasis) [Finished, awaiting review] Empty Re: Foray Into The Frozen North (Tharasis) [Finished, awaiting review]

Post by Noctis Umbra Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:55 am

Noctis stays near the fire to keep warm, occasionally he throws another piece of wood onto the fire to keep it going. He gets the scent of another dragon and sets his gaze to the night sky, he spots a lightly colored dragon in the distance. "Looks like I have a guest." He takes out 2 more mackerel and starts cooking them over the fire. "Not sure which tribe he hails from, I know for certain it's not a Night Wing." He flips the mackerel occasionally so not to scorch it.
Noctis Umbra
Noctis Umbra
NightWing Trainee
NightWing Trainee

Male Aries Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tharasis Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:11 am

Tharasis saw the dragon take out something and added it to the fire. Whatever it was he did not know, as he was still quite a few lengths away from the drake.

Whats more was that he did not react verbally to his call. Perhaps he just did not want to talk? or was he deaf? He would not make assumptions now. Deciding to instead come closer to where the distance between them was much shorter than before.

And it became apparent how tall he was. Easily towering the smaller drake with his height, he had a somewhat intimidating stance. But it was compensated by his friendly looking gaze.

" Hello. " he said again. Soft and friendly, before walking closer till he could feel the fires warmth.

" Are... you from around here? " he asked.
Tharasis
Tharasis
NightWing Guardian
NightWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Noctis Umbra Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:44 am

"Hello there. No, I'm an explorer. I'm checking out the different lands to see which would make a good place to call home. Please come join me for lunch." He soon has the mackerel cooked to perfection.
Noctis Umbra
Noctis Umbra
NightWing Trainee
NightWing Trainee

Male Aries Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tharasis Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:45 pm

" I see. " Tharasis sat on the other side of the fire. And at his request he nodded.

" That does look good. " He said, taking one when it was cooked. He had a second thought before he bit, as he was not sure if this was a really friendly action or did this drake do something with the food.

He sat there for a good few seconds. Before he took a small bite of the fish, tasting it to see if it had anything odd. But after a few seconds his speculations were answered and it was in fact. just normal fish.

" So. you are a rouge? " he asked the drake.
Tharasis
Tharasis
NightWing Guardian
NightWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Noctis Umbra Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:40 pm

"No, I'm no rouge. I hail from the Ebon Wing Isles. It's a little cold this far north." He takes a bite of his fish, the warmth filling his body. "My name is Noctis Umbra."
Noctis Umbra
Noctis Umbra
NightWing Trainee
NightWing Trainee

Male Aries Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tharasis Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:33 am

" I see. " he took another bite off of the fish.

" Im Tharasis, a rouge. " He said to him. Before turning his gaze out to the skies above.

" A nice sight right? " He asked him, pointing a talon above.

" So. Might I know why you came to the ice wings lands to find a home? shouldn't you be residing in your own tribes land? "
Tharasis
Tharasis
NightWing Guardian
NightWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Noctis Umbra Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:22 am

"True, like I mentioned. I'm exploring. It's a little too cold to reside here. I'll be hanging around for a short while though." He takes another bite of the fish.
Noctis Umbra
Noctis Umbra
NightWing Trainee
NightWing Trainee

Male Aries Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tharasis Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:26 pm

" Well. what about just living on your own tribe's lands, is there a problem with that? " he asked him. Why would a nightwing go out of their way to do this when he could just easily find a spot in or near his homeland.
Tharasis
Tharasis
NightWing Guardian
NightWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Noctis Umbra Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:32 pm

"True, although a place to call my own isn't the only thing I'm looking for." He takes another bite of the fish. "Have you found any female that is to your liking?"
Noctis Umbra
Noctis Umbra
NightWing Trainee
NightWing Trainee

Male Aries Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tharasis Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:03 pm

" Ah, seeking a mate? " he asked. and at the drakes own question Tharasis would nod.

" Yes. I found a mate, and even have our 2 children. I love them all very much. "
Tharasis
Tharasis
NightWing Guardian
NightWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Noctis Umbra Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:07 pm

"That's good to hear, any tips for me?" He asks genuinely seeking knowledge.
Noctis Umbra
Noctis Umbra
NightWing Trainee
NightWing Trainee

Male Aries Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tharasis Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:52 am

" Well. Im not the best at giving tips... " His gaze seemed to trail off for a bit. before looking back at the drake.

" Say... if you are from the Ebon Wing Isles, then can you give me any information about em? I am curious and would like to know much more about them. "
Tharasis
Tharasis
NightWing Guardian
NightWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Noctis Umbra Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:53 am

"We command the shadows and darkness, most have dark coloration like myself, although the pattern varies. Males obviously have more build than the females. Our kind have poison breath." Noctis glances around as he speaks being a little wary about being in such a different land.
Noctis Umbra
Noctis Umbra
NightWing Trainee
NightWing Trainee

Male Aries Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tharasis Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:19 pm

" I see. But I am more interested in you know... your culture, architecture. And other information about your tribe, not just your species. "

Tharasis said, finishing his fish as he eased more around the fire.
Tharasis
Tharasis
NightWing Guardian
NightWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Noctis Umbra Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:35 pm

"Interesting, perhaps I could be of assistance." He stretches his wings and body.
Noctis Umbra
Noctis Umbra
NightWing Trainee
NightWing Trainee

Male Aries Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tharasis Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:20 am

" Do tell Noctis. I am more than happy to sit here for hours listening. " He emphasised this by laying down on his belly.
Tharasis
Tharasis
NightWing Guardian
NightWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Noctis Umbra Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:39 am

Noctis pulls out a tome from his homeland and flips through to where it starts explaining about the culture of the tribe. "For starters our Archon is the leader of the tribe. His majesty Archon Tenebris is very intelligent and powerful. His connection to magic is higher than any other NightWing can hope to achieve. He commands respect without even speaking a word, just be being there."
Noctis Umbra
Noctis Umbra
NightWing Trainee
NightWing Trainee

Male Aries Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tharasis Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:22 pm

" Interesting. Tell me about this, Tenebris. " He asked him, curious to know more about this dragon. He only ever briefly heard of his name, and that did not help much.

" Oh and I would also like to hear about your government system. Or leadership system, whichever you may refer. " he said.
Tharasis
Tharasis
NightWing Guardian
NightWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Noctis Umbra Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:58 am

"Not much of a leadership system, just the Archon and his priests and high priests. Lord Tenebris is the strongest NightWing around, his magical abilities are near limitless. I've heard rumors that he can revive the fallen. Although I've never seen him perform that."
Noctis Umbra
Noctis Umbra
NightWing Trainee
NightWing Trainee

Male Aries Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tharasis Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:45 pm

" Hmm, I see. " Tharasis listened to him talk about tenebris, although the words of how powerful he was seemed to make Tharasis raise a brow. No one could be as powerful as that, if they truly were.

Then the entire world would have already bowed down to Tenebris. But that was no the case.

" Sounds like propaganda to me. " He said, now it may not be a great thing to say, given he was talking to someone whom looks like they have sworn loyalty. And might have offended him.

But Tharasis was a dragon whom spoke his mind. And if his words could get Noctis to question their tribes attempts at propaganda, then he might help him realise it all.

" I don't think, a tribe without a leadership system is a tribe. You are more or less saying that Tenebris is either a dictator... Or an abusive leader. " he said to noctis.
Tharasis
Tharasis
NightWing Guardian
NightWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Noctis Umbra Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:06 am

Noctis growled slightly. "Don't test my loyalty to the Archon. There may be more to the leadership system than I know. Let's get going, I did say that I would take you on a tour of the Nightwing territory." He stretches his wings warming them over the fire.
Noctis Umbra
Noctis Umbra
NightWing Trainee
NightWing Trainee

Male Aries Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tharasis Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:45 pm

Tharasis expected as such he would not take his words kindly. But he simply nodded at Noctises objection of his words.

" I see. " he said, but as he saw him get up and say that he would take him on a tour of the night wing territory he would chuckle softly.

" That is a generous offer, but sadly I do not have time for such. " He said, though he had already seen a few parts of the nightwings lands. He had not fully explored it himself.

Tharasis would much prefer to explore it alongside his children and mate.
Tharasis
Tharasis
NightWing Guardian
NightWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Noctis Umbra Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:18 pm

"As you wish, perhaps I will see the sights around here then." He is warmed up enough to withstand the cold for a while.
Noctis Umbra
Noctis Umbra
NightWing Trainee
NightWing Trainee

Male Aries Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next