Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Advisory Training? (Wake) Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Advisory Training? (Wake) Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Advisory Training? (Wake)

2 posters

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

Go down

Advisory Training? (Wake) Empty Advisory Training? (Wake)

Post by Phantasmas Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:50 pm

The old dragon had quite a happy smile as he walked through a tunnel and eventually emerge into a cave with a large opening above. To one side was another large opening that showed the ocean as waves rocked against the entrance, his paws treading through the warm sand that was present through the whole cavern as he headed for a wooden structure of sorts. This structure being the remains of different human ships that wrecked and washed up inside the seaside cavern, most of which he gathered and made into a den of sorts. Satisfied of a quick look over, he turned back over to where the light shone down from the roof.

Pretty well hidden and large enough for his plans as he walked over onto a large flat stone bathed in sunlight and sat, curling up with a slight yawn. A faint smile showed, "A perfect place to train indeed." He chuckled as he waited for the young dragon to arrive.
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

Male Posts : 312

Back to top Go down

Advisory Training? (Wake) Empty Re: Advisory Training? (Wake)

Post by Wake Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:15 pm

Wake flew like a dart out of his den, quickly flying just above the waves of the coast. His eyes zipped around, checking for any sign of humans. Satisfied that none were around, the grey wyvern flew to his destination. A spot that Thantos wanted him to head to. The older dragon hadn't told Wake what to expect. He only said he had a surprise for the young wyvern.

It didn't take long for the grey eyed dragon to reach his destination, lost in questions his entire way to the spot. He soon landed on one of the human wrecks, one of the only good things about them in the wyverns mind, and looked at Thantos. "I'm here, Thantos. What's this surprise you were talkin' about?"
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:56 pm

He heard the young wyvern and saw him land on one of the wrecks, making the elder smile at this. Fast as I expected, always a good sign of a promising trainee. Then his smile turned into a grin and he chuckled, "My surprise young Wake...is i'm going to give you a special Thantos training session." Bluntly the words came out and the effect was no less surprising in how it was delivered.

Sky blue eyes looked at the young dragon with hope and future potential, "I'm old Wake, an old dragon who can still thankfully hunt for himself, but fight?" He shook his head sadly at that. "A hard fact I've gotten used to and reminded of everyday, especially once the monsters started arriving. Its not hard to guess where I'm going with this young'n, so this old timers decided to pass on what wisdom and experience he has to benefit you. Maybe even pass it onto another once your around my age." Chuckling at his own slight joke he resumed after finishing.

"As I'm sure you either know already or taught, every dragon generally has a...unique ability.
Mine for example."
He held up a paw and a ball of electricity formed which he flicked toward the wyvern. Instead of connecting it phased through him and curved, landing into a patch of sand growing into a small sapling. "Shockingly, its what some would call Illusion magic, to make others believe what they think they see is real." The sapling then shattered as if made of glass and faded away like smoke.

"It has served me well throughout my life, but illusions could only do so much and help an Elder avoid conflict rather then fight. Maybe though..." He looked back at the young wyvern, "My magic can help you Wake."
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:12 pm

Wake's horns began to flare out as his face became one of shocked amusement. What Thantos had just showed the wyver, the magic that the elder commanded, was something the older dragon wanted to teach him!

Wake's mind began racing. What should he say? What should he do? Could he even do this? The grey dragon finally made his mind up as he leapt from the wreck to the ground, a shocked smile crossing his face. "So, you wanna teach me how to use this magic? Count me in!"
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:22 pm

A laughter of amusement escaped the elder, "Yes indeed young'n," he started to say before he calmed himself down, "But that'll depend on what kind of aptitude you have for it. Which comes later of course, firstly introductions are in order." He gestured towards the den made of different shipwrecks, "Wake, meet my lovely and beautiful mate Casadora." Footsteps are heard as a slim, aged, silver dragoness around Thantos age and height walk out of the den. A lithe build and while around the same age she seemed to have aged gracefully in comparison to her mate, she passed a curious glance with her green eyes that still had a youthful shine to them and smiled at Wake as she passed him.

Taking a open spot made by Thantos she curled up beside her mate and both nuzzled each other lovingly, "Always the charmer and showoff Thanty." She coolly said.

"Always the beautiful and dazzling dragoness Casa." Which rewarded him a chuckle and loving nuzzle from his soulmate.

"So this is the young dragon you've taken a liking to?" She said while giving Wake a look over and smiling. "Hes certainly a cute young one."

"Which means shes taken a liking to you and approves." He gave a knowing wink before clearing his throat. "Resuming, Casasdora this is Wake my pupil. Wake, this is my lovely mate Casadora, a retired healer yet one of the best." A proud look showed on his face eliciting a chuckle from the dragoness.

"Indeed. My charmer of a mate has told me quite a bit about you Wake." She said with a kind smile. "I look forward to knowing more about you young one."
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:07 pm

Wake thought about what this training could entail when the elder wanted to introduce him to someone. The wyvern gave a slight bow of his head as Thantos's mate stepped forward. She then call him a "cute young one."

Wake's horns once again flared at this comment, and he looked a bit confused about it. At least until Thantos explained. He then let out a slight chuckle as the conversation continued. Then, when he got a chance, the wyvern spoke up. "It's a pleasure to meet you too Casadora. I can't wait to learn about you either."
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:34 pm

She gave a lighthearted chuckle, "It'll be a pleasure young Wake." Giving another nuzzle to her mate before letting him take over next. "Now...before we discuss what your training will entail, how about you get acquainted with our home? Since this is where the majority of your training will take place here." He gestured to the entire sand covered cavern and the exit leading out to the sea.

"Your also free to live here for as long as your training permits and then some, only if you find it more convenient then your own den."

Casadora nodded, "Our home is your home even if your no longer my mates pupil. We have no concerns if you decide to come visit." Thantos nodded in agreement to his mates statement wholeheartedly. "If you feel like your ready to begin, just say so young'n. Otherwise, make yourself feel comfortable here."
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:59 pm

Wake smiled and nodded looking over at the den, the back at the old couple. "Thank you, both of you. I'll look around for a bit." The young dragon then walked towards the den, not quite believe what the pair had told him. Not only did Thantos want to train him, but he and Casadora had offered their den as a place to stay. He then walked into the den.
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:27 pm

The den itself on the inside was indeed large enough for the couple and a clutch from how it was arranged. Though it seemed it it had been a very long time since a hatchling walked here, or ever as their only really seemed to be evidence of Casadora and faint scents of Thantos himself. No clear evidence of any young hatchlings or scents, possibly they moved to the cave recently. Scents of the ocean could also be smelled and sounds of the waves rocking against the shore, almost soothing in a way.

Meanwhile, the couple were currently giving each other long awaited affection from each others absence. "I've missed you so much Thantos, I didn't think I last another day without you next to me." She said to him with a concerned look.

He then gave an affectionate kiss and nuzzle with a smile, "I came back like I said Casadora,
I had to know what was going on."

"I know, but...", she nuzzled him back, "Were not as young as we used to be, so I worry that you'll get hurt or....worse."

"Don't worry anymore alright my beautiful star, you know I'd rather spend the rest of my golden years here with you. Watching the stars shine at night with the ocean lulling us to sleep and lending us its bounty."

She smiled deeply, "Always the old charmer you." Nuzzling him as he chuckled softly.
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:52 pm

Wake was surprised by the size of Thantos and Casadora's den. It was large enough for a whole family, but he could only pick up on the pairs' sents. He continued to look at pretty much everything he could, taking in almost every detail as he did.

He could also faintly her the old mates outside, so he waited until their conversation paused to exit the den. "Ok. I think I'm ready to start training."
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:05 pm

"Alright young Wake, if you say your ready then...how about a warm up then?" With a wave of his paw logs of driftwood rose from the sand to form a maze of timber covering almost the entire cavern. "You have one minute to reach the other end of the maze without colliding once into a pillar." He then held up his paw.

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Go!" He counted down vocally and with his paw. Unfortunately for Wake, Thantos had booby-trapped specific logs as illusions and were spread sporadically throughout to jut out a small branch if he got too close, in turn making him collide with a real log.
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:51 am

Wake looked in amazement as the maze rose from the sand. How did he miss that?! At least it was something the wyvern could handle. He was built for speed and maneuverability.

He continued to listen to Thantos's instructions. Then came the countdown. Wake readied himself for the maze, spreading his wings to launch forward. The moment he heard "Go," Wake launched forward, and began to fly through the maze.
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:00 am

"Very fast and he can maneuver quite well, I can work with that." He said looking impressed at Wakes progress so far through the maze.

"Indeed, will he notice the traps though you set up?"

"Can't make it too easy now and besides...I didn't put that many in there." As he said, one of the sporadically placed illusion logs activated as Wake got near and a branch shot out towards him.
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:52 am

Wake barely avoid the branch, having it almost just slip by his tail, but it was clearly a surprise to him. He wasn't even sure where it came from. The wyvern then realized he had underestimated the difficulty of this maze. Thantos wasn't going to go easy on him.

Wake quickly continued, though he slowed up just a bit, hoping for it to not be so close next time.
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:13 am

A good dodge and good idea to slow down a bit in case, but is he also making sure to remember the time limit? "30 seconds!" Then another trapped log activated, this time though instead of one branch shooting out multiple shot out towards Wake. This then caused a chain reaction as one of the branches hit another trapped log beside it, threatening to either make him crash or trap him in.
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:32 am

Wake did his best to dodge all of the branches, and managed to avoid a good many of them, but one clipped his wing, then another, and the final trap. He looked around trying to find a way he could get out. He then realized that there wasn't a roof, and quickly flew up and over, and speed up to try and make it to the finish.
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:00 pm

"Times up!" As if on cue some of the logs, most likely the trapped ones, faded away from existence and the others began to sink back into the sand. Eventually, the maze sank back under completely and the cavern was open again. "A valiant first try young Wake! Come back over and we'll discuss how you did!" Thantos called over to Wake.

"Valiant indeed, I was more worried he crash."

Her mate gave an affectionate nuzzle, "As I said, hes quite a pupil dear so theirs no need to coddle him. And besides, he has one of the best healers to watch him in case he does get hurt."

"As long as his charmer of a mentor doesn't push him too much." She returned the nuzzle back.
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:48 pm

The young wyvern was annoyed that he couldn't finish. Then again, he didn't expect all the boobytraps, and the elder seemed pleased with his performance. With that in mind, Wake began to walk over to Thantos and Casadora. He also wondered if they knew he could hear them?

The grey dragon looked at Thantos, smiling with excitement about what he had to say. "So. How long have you been playing that one, and how'd I do?"
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:03 pm

"Very well considering it was your first try, your performance speaks volumes physically." He said with an impressed smile which his mate also nodded in agreement. "Mentally, you fell for my trap even though I told you what my magic was. Which leads to the next part of your lesson.", again he held up his paw and an orb of light appeared.

"Fundamentals of Magic, Illusion magic specifically of course. The power to effectively deceive another's five senses, but before we can delve further into that of course." The orb started floating towards Wake slowly.

"A simple test to see what kind of aptitude for magic you have young Wake, hold the orb in place without touching it and focus on it."
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:38 pm

Wake listen intently, happy to hear that he had done well for his first go. Then Thantos mentioned the traps. Why didn't he think about that? He could have used his echolocation to pick them out. Either way, it was the past, and he couldn't change it.

Then the elder dragon created a glowing ord, which practically mesmerizing the young dragon. It was time for another test too. Thantos wanted him to hold the orb in place. Wake wasn't sure how easy this would be, and he now half expected this to be a trick, but he was ready to go. "Ok. Let me try this."

Wake focus on the orb, trying to keep it in place, but it kept moving like crazy. To his credit, it was staying in the same general area, but he wasn't comfortable with it. It didn't take long for something to go wrong though. The flung away from the three dragon and smashed into the wall, creating a small explosion and loud bang in the process. Wake jumped a bit, moving back a step before giving Thantos a nervous grin. "Ha. Ha. Sorry."
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:00 pm

"Well.....it was supposed to just give off light, so thats interesting." He gave a nervous grin as well and chuckle. Casadora gave her mate a nuzzle before getting up, "I'm going to go check on my stock of herbs then, have fun you two." She gave Wake a an affectionate before heading back over to their den and entering it.

Thantos gave a slight cough, "Resuming, the results, while interesting, do say a lot Wake. You do have an aptitude for magic clearly, what needs work though would be your concentration. Slight adjustments for sure, but it means your possibly compatible for it."

"Oh yes, have you decided if you want to stay here for the duration of your training if its more convenient for you?" He asked with a curiosity.
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:10 pm

Wake just looked more nervous when Thantos told him the orb was NOT supposed to explode. He then watched as Casadora left the area, and, in all honesty, he couldn't blame her. The grey eyed wyvern was starting to wonder if he was cut out for this. That was until the elder spoke up.

He said the small dragon had "an aptitude for magic," and that Wake had to work on his concentration. The wyvern had to admit, he had always needed to work on that. He was just so hyper. But then Thantos said he could be compatible. Wake guessed that meant he could do magic. "So I just need to work on focusing? Shouldn't be too hard."Then the older dragon brought something else up.

Thantos asked if Wake had decided to stay with him and Casadora during his training? Wake had thought out it some. It would be nice to not have the trip every day, and perhaps the old magic user had something in store for him. "I think it'd be a good idea. Though I'll probably swing by my den every once an awhile to be sure no one takes it."
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:30 pm

Thantos smiled greatly at his answer, "Thats fantastic to hear young'n!" Then he put a comforting paw onto Wakes shoulder. "Don't worry though, no ones perfect on their first try with magic. You just need practice is all, which I'm sure you'll have plenty of." Chuckling he removed his paw from the wyvern and yawned slightly.

"Your free for the rest of the day then and possibly few days after. I'll be gone for a bit tomorrow to get what you need for your training." He stretched a bit before laying down on the warm stone contently. "It should also give you and my lovely mate time to get to know one another while I'm gone. Also," He leaned in a bit closer to the wyvern, "Make sure to keep an eye on her for me, I do worry about her as well especially when she does makes her...concoctions. Or when she goes gathering, she'll keep you busy at least." Chuckling lightly he yawned again before leaning back and closing eyes, snores being heard as he fell asleep quickly.
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:49 pm

Wake smiled at Thantos's reassuring words. The old dragon was right. No one was ever good at something on their first try. "Thanks, Thantos.

Then the elder said that he would be away the next day to get supplies for training. He also suggested it would be a good time for Wake to get to know Casadora, and to keep an eye on her for him. Wake gave the other dragon a nod. "Don't worry. I'll keep an eye on 'er."

The wyvern then followed the old dragon's lead and found a comfy spot. As he curled up, the wyvern thought about what this training would hold? What would he be doing? How long would it be? As he ran through the questions in his head, Wake's eyes slid shut. And with that, he was out.
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:09 pm

The next day came and with it Thantos had left early, giving a quick goodbye to his mate before heading out to pick up Wake's 'training' supplies. Casadora meanwhile slept a bit longer though saddened by her mates sudden departure again left her awake. Stretching a bit, she got up with a slight groan and shook herself lightly before walking out of her den. She enjoyed waking up to the smell of the ocean, she'd enjoy it more if her ditz of a mate were still here which made her sigh.

Walking over to where Wake was, she gave a kind smile and nuzzled him lightly. "Time to wake up young one, I'll be needing your help today." She said softly.
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next