Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Icy Reflections (Open!) Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Icy Reflections (Open!) Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Icy Reflections (Open!)

3 posters

Go down

Icy Reflections (Open!) Empty Icy Reflections (Open!)

Post by Zaroc Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:36 am

Today was rather mild, he noticed. The sun was shining down on the IceWing territory with a heat he hadn't experienced here before. It wasn't uncomfortable heat, just.. unusual.

Zaroc sighed quietly as he stood on one of the balconies the IceWing palace had, his claw tapping on the glassy ice every so often as he tried to sort out his thoughts.

So. Aviur was to be king. So far, as far as he knew, Zaroc was the only one who knew. And perhaps the other advisors, And Artemise. His heart fluttered at the thoguht of her name, with her beautiful smile and fiery personality.

Unfortunately, Zaroc had been.. busy. He had gotten tangled up in his studies and trying to help Aviur prepare for the big event. he was unsure of how the IceWing tribes would take it. The other troubles would be skeptical, obviously, but his main concern was the loyalty of the people. Aviur was.. well, Zaroc had gotten to know him, and he knew underneath his mean exterior he was a charming young dragon, but he was.. quite hot-headed, which was typical of the FireWing species, and that made Zaroc worry for the people. What if Aviur did something wrong?

Then again, that was why he was an advisor.

Zaroc sighed and rubbing his temples with a wing. "Now I've got a headache," he mumbled, closing his eyes.

Opening them again, Zaroc tried to reflect on the good things in his life, like becoming a father, becoming a mate, that sort of thing.

He wondered where Apolis had gone.. No sign of him for so long.. Was he dead?

Zaroc's brow furrowed slightly as he gazed out at the IceWing territory, thinking of the past leaders and advisors. He wondered why so many just.. disappeared..
Zaroc
Zaroc

Male Posts : 102

Back to top Go down

Icy Reflections (Open!) Empty Re: Icy Reflections (Open!)

Post by Artemise Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:25 am

Artemise, as she beat her wings and soared in the wintry grey sky, decided that she shouldn't be happy or sad about the fact that Aviur was going to become King. She should be neutral, and take no sides. Still, she couldn't help feeling uncomfortable at having a FireWing take the throne - especially a 17-year-old one. Sure, Virgo had been 14 when she was crowned, but at least she was happy and friendly. FireWings, on the other hand, tended to be hot-tempered. What had Virgo been thinking when she handed over the role of King over to a possibly hot-tempered dragon?

Despite her choice to remain neutral, she couldn't help but feel a little displeasure towards the thought of Aviur being King. But she couldn't change that now; Virgo had decided on that dragon being King, and that was that. No changing it, unless Artemise murdered Aviur, which she wasn't planning on doing so. Not now, not ever. She shook off the thoughts, and drew her attention to the massive castle of the IceWings. She had planned to go in and wander around for a bit, but a familiar figure caught her eye.

Zaroc.

The sight of him made her heart thump faster against her chest, and a smile of pleasure twitched the edges of her lips upwards as she folded her wings and dived towards him. Her mate was perched on a balcony, looking both worried and thoughtful at the same time, which Artemise somehow found cute; and after not seeing him for such a long time, she felt like hugging him and never letting go.

The dragoness landed on the railings lining the balcony, right in front of Zaroc, before hopping onto the space next to her mate. Then she swept him into a hug. "I missed you!" she exclaimed, happy tears of joy gathering at the edges of her eyes. She quickly wiped them away with her free paw, embarrassed, before adding, "Been busy lately?" She released him, grinning at Zaroc happily like some kind of weird idiot. Artemise didn't care, though. Zaroc wouldn't judge her by her actions - heck, he was probably the only one who wouldn't jump to conclusions about her.
Artemise
Artemise
Goddess of Ice and Snow
Goddess of Ice and Snow

Female Posts : 371

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroc Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:55 am

Zaroc sighed and rubbed his forehead. "Poor Virgo.." he mumbled. She had just disappeared off the face of the earth.. And if Zaroc was honest, he felt like he had lost a daughter. Sounded weird, but he had grown so fond of the wolf-hybrid. Of course, for the good of the tribe, he had to focus on his work. That was what Virgo would have wanted, he was nearly certain.

A shadow darkened his face and as Zaroc looked up, the dragoness he wanted to see the most landed on the railing.

Stepping back to give her room, Zaroc grinned and chuckled as he was embraced, wrapping his strong wings around Artemise in return of her affection.

"I missed you too," he said softly, nuzzling into her neck, sighing softly.

At Artemise's question, Zaroc watched her pull away and met her eyes before answering. "Yeah. We're trying to sort everything out with Aviur," He sighed softly, pain entering his eyes. "I'm still looking for Virgo. I've tried everything I can think of, Artemise."
Zaroc
Zaroc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinu Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:05 pm

Hinu just flew around the lands of the IceWings. He was depressed, cause his Queen had dissapered. He was a Tracker by trade, but even he couldn't find out what happened to her.
Him and Sapphire didn't really know Virgo really well, since they normaly kept to them selves, but he did see her a few times when he was giving an important task. While Hinu was deep in thought he flew past the balacony where the two other dragons stood.

Hinu
IceWing Tracker
IceWing Tracker

Male Leo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:11 am

Artemise shook her head, a heavy sigh escaping from her maw in a puff of white. "Don't bother, Zaroc," she told him quietly. "If someone disappeared and couldn't be found, even after a few months...then they're gone, forever. Usually." Her eyes, turned sad when Zaroc spoke about the disappearance of Virgo, filled with annoyance and a little defiance when Aviur was mentioned. "I really, really don't like the idea of Aviur becoming King," she admitted, and proceeded to tell him the reasons: Aviur was a FireWing, which was not only the opposite of their element, but also meant that he was possibly headstrong and hot-tempered.

"FireWings are known for their hot temper..." she commented when it came to that reason, then continued. "Besides, he's only seventeen." She tried to swerve around the fact that Virgo was only fourteen when she was crowned, and abruptly changed topic, not wishing to think about anything related to who was being crowned King at the moment. "Anyway, Zaroc, cheer up," she told him gently. "Focus your attention on Aviur; he's more important than finding Virgo. You could also take a break. Look at those bags." Indeed, there were dark gray circles under Zaroc's fascinating milky eyes, its colour stark against the light colour of his scales.

A dragon flying by briefly caught her attention, but Artemise didn't spare him any more attention than she did to an insect crawling over up her leg. Unless he spoke to her, she wouldn't give him much thought. After all, he could only be passing by, right? Which was actually pretty possible. Artemise drew her attention from her thoughts back to Zaroc, and offered him a hesitant smile, not sure if he was still upset or not. If he was still upset... Well then, she could distract him. No problem. "Want to go for a flight?" Already she was spreading her wings, and it was obvious that she would go for a flight, whether or not Zaroc was coming with her.
Artemise
Artemise
Goddess of Ice and Snow
Goddess of Ice and Snow

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroc Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:05 am

Zaroc nodded at Artemise's words, before quietly embracing her again, closing his eyes as he tried to stop the grief from overpowering him.

When he pulled back, Artemise spoke about Aviur. Zarox tilted his head slightly, listening to her words, giving a nod every so often when a nod was appropriate. He smiled when she told him to cheer up and mentioned the dark circles under his eyes. "That's what too many nights of study will do to you. As for Aviur," Zaroc looked at the double doors that led into the rest of the vast palace, the wind caressing his face. "I'll just need to have faith in the boy, I suppose," he sighed, looking back at his beloved. She was beautiful.. He smiled and pressed his snout against hers briefly.

The sound of flapping wings followed by the rush of disturbed wind, caused Zaroc to look up. He spotted an IceWing flying past. A moment later, he recognised it as Hinu, one of the trackers.

Zaroc waved, offering the male a smile, before returning his attention to Artemise as she spoke. "I'd love to, these wings haven't had a good exercise for a long while," he replied, smiling as he stretched his wings.

With a powerful flap, Zaroc launched himself into the air. Hovering, he grinned at Artemise. Gods, she made him so happy.. And she actually got him OUT of his duties and studies for a few hours.
Zaroc
Zaroc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinu Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:39 pm

Hinu noticed something out of the cornor of his eye, and stopped to take a look. It was a dragon waving at him. Hinu stopped in mid air and just stayed there hovering, and watching the two dragons talk.
As he noticed Zaroc taking off out the window. Hinu flew backwards a bit, and stayed hovering in mid air waiting to see if the dragoness was also going to take off.

Hinu
IceWing Tracker
IceWing Tracker

Male Leo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:09 am

A grin of triumph (because she'd successfully dragged Zaroc away from any further studying and/or worrying) was visible on the Semi-Goddess's face as she flapped her wings once, twice, lifting herself into the air. Then, without waiting for Zaroc, she beat her wings again, sending her body surging forward, her grin turning to one of pleasure as she enjoyed the nip of the chilly wind. However, her joy was not to last. A second or two had barely passed before the Tracker that she'd paid no heed to earlier came into view, hovering in the air just inches away from her.

Alarmed and startled, Artemise let loose a cry of warning as she attempted to swerve aside — thrusting her body to the side was more like it —, unable to stop because she was travelling too quickly. Thankfully, she succeeded in avoiding the Tracker, though barely; her wings brushed his neck, and a shudder of fear rippled through her. If she had crashed into him... Artemise dared not think of the consequences.

Her swerve had been too sudden and violent for her to get away from it unscathed, though, and her sigh of relief was quickly followed by a gasp of shock as she started spinning in the air, so quickly that she was a blur. Artemise eventually slowed, but instead of flapping her wings and regaining her balance, she fell.

Her body, now a dead weight, plummeted to the ground at a much faster speed than her earlier spins. Her brain, already disoriented and stunned by repeatedly flipping over and over in the air, didn't — couldn't — register the fact that she was falling, that she was possibly going to die, so she just fell, without trying to save herself. However, at the last minute, Artemise seemed to return to her senses and she threw out her wings, hoping to stop her fall. Once again, she prayed to the gods for help, though she knew that she was too late.

There was a painful crack as Artemise landed on the ground, audible even over the howl of the winds. Somehow she landed on her side instead of her back, but it probably saved her spine from snapping into two. The force with which she slammed into the ground should have killed her, but it did not, mostly because of the fact that she fell from the second floor, not the third, fourth or fifth, which would have resulted in a sure death.

Even from high in the cloudy sky, one could see very clearly that the wing and limbs that she'd landed on was sticking out at odd angles. Thankfully, her chest did not remain stagnant, but rose and fell with tiny, gasping breaths, and it was possibly the only sign that she was still alive. Artemise lay there, stiff and still, her mind enveloped by darkness.

[Not like your usual roleplay, eh? xD]
Artemise
Artemise
Goddess of Ice and Snow
Goddess of Ice and Snow

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroc Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:30 am

Her smile sent tingles of joy up Zaroc's spine as he watched her take off, her shoulders rippling under her blue scales.

And then he saw the tracker.

Time seemed to slow down for Zaroc as he watched in horror, his jaws dropping open as he watched Artemise swerve around the tracker. For a moment, he thought everything was going to be okay, that his mate had successfully avoided crashing into the dragon, but then-

She started spinning. Everything was too fast for Zaroc to react, and he only found his voice when Artemise was plummeting to the ground.

"ARTEMIIIIIIIIISE!"

His roar of anguish and panic echoed around the palace and the IceWing territory, scaring a flock of birds into flight.

Zaroc snapped his wings to his sides and started diving, but he knew he was too late. He watched as his beloved crashed into the ground, snow spraying everywhere as she made contact with the earth, a loud crack coming from her that sent chills of trepidation up Zaroc's spine.

He stretched his wings a few metres from the ground and landed heavily a few feet away from Artemise. Gasping, he dashed over to her and looked down at her wing. Tears came to his eyes when he saw the damage. Her wing was broken. "Tempest's ghost," he whispered. "I NEED A HEALER! NOW!" He screeched up at the Palace, hoping the guards would hear and call somebody.

Zaroc nearly collapsed on the spot, but tried to hold back the urge to faint, and knelt beside his mate, peering at her wing in closer detail. Bile rose in his throat when he seen the way her bones were sticking out in such painful ways. "Artemise, please," he whispered. "GO FIND A HEALER!" He yelled up at the tracker.

Zaroc
Zaroc

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroc Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:38 am

(Dis is sad XD_
Zaroc
Zaroc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinu Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:24 am

(I will be using my mate in this rp. Kinda don't have a choice now.)

Hinu noticed the accident, and felt even worst for being the one causing it. "Don't worry. I know of a healer." Hinu yelled out as he flew off towards his house. There was only one healer he knew that would be able to help them now.
 As Hinu slamed the door of his house open he could see Shapphire mixing some herbs togehter to make a potion.
""Come with me Shapphire. I need the help of a healer,"
""What's wrong?" Sapphire said as she look at Hinu
 "No time to explain now follow me,and bring some healing potions with you." and with saying that Hinu left the house, and started flying back towards the palace. Shapphire closed everything up, and followed Hinu towards the palace.
  As Shapphire got close to the palace she could see the two dragons collasped onto the ground. She landed quickly, and ran over to the male. She could see he was unconsious, but overall fine. It was the female that she was worried about. She could see the wing broken. How she was going to do heal this up. She stood there studing the wing.

Hinu
IceWing Tracker
IceWing Tracker

Male Leo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroc Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:54 am

(He hasn't fainted xD)
Zaroc
Zaroc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinu Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:16 am

(Sorry. I thought he did.)

Sapphire ran over to the dragon laying onto of the dragoness. "I need you to stand up if you can, so I can see her wing," Sapphire said to the dragon.

Hinu
IceWing Tracker
IceWing Tracker

Male Leo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:02 pm

[This topic should be called "Recovery" instead of "Icy Reflections" xD]

Artemise stirred, her eyelids lifting to reveal her eyes, once bright but now glazed with pain. The wounded semi attempted to sit up, but the bolt of pain that lanced up her left wing and shoulder made her cry out in pain, and she collapsed to the ground. She took in ragged breaths as she stared at the three concerned faces that filled her view, and winced again, at the pain in her chest when she breathed. I must have broken a rib or two, along with my shoulder and my left wing... she thought mournfully. Then, attempting to comfort them, she said: "I'm...fine, just...need...rest." She wheezed the words, already knowing that they weren't going to be fooled; her gasping breath already told them everything. But she still tried anyway. "Broken...bones," she gasped out. "Only...injury...I...have."
Artemise
Artemise
Goddess of Ice and Snow
Goddess of Ice and Snow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinu Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:00 am

Sapphire could hear her speak that she only had broken bones. Sapphire knew that her healing power would help, but she wouldn't be able to fully heal her. Sapphire dug into the bag she brought, and pulled out two potions. One she gave to Hinu to hold, and the other she kept. She walked over to Artemis, and looked at her mouth. She then said, "This might taste bad, but it's a potion that will help with pain."
Sapphire poured a litttle in her Artemis' mouth, and picked her head up for her to swallow it.

Hinu
IceWing Tracker
IceWing Tracker

Male Leo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemise Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:30 am

[Artemise not Artemis... ;-;]

The potion that was poured into her maw made her gag, for it tasted absolutely disgusting. How would this potion lessen her pain, and what ingredients did it contain to make it taste like this? She wanted to ask, but the liquid in her maw prevented her from doing so; Artemise forced the potion down, grimacing at the lingering taste on her tongue, but the grimace was quickly replaced with relief as the throbbing pain in her body dulled. "That's better..." she murmured to herself gratefully, before raising her voice and addressing the Tracker and the Healer. "Thank you." Again, she tried to sit up, but failed, collapsing to the ground as soon as her body was one centimeter away from the ground. She groaned, then asked the Healer, "Do you know how long it'll be before I'll be fully recovered?"
Artemise
Artemise
Goddess of Ice and Snow
Goddess of Ice and Snow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hinu Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:14 am

"That was just to numb the pain. I'm about to start the real healing." and with saying that Sapphire started chanting some words. It took her about a minute to finish chanting, and put her paws on Artemius' body. The magic started flowing through Sapphire and into her. Sapphire kept it up, and watch the wing bones go back into their places, and started to heal back up. She also could feel that the broken ribs were also healing up.
Saaphire was starting to run low of stamina, but she kept pushing herself. She then felt the magic hit the ending point. She cut the flow of magic off, and took her hands off of Artemis. Sapphire started to fall towards the ground, from the amount of stamina she used to heal, but Hinu was able to catch her before she could hit the ground. Sapphire then looked at Hinu, and took the blueish green potion from him. She drank it, and felt most of her stamina returning to her.
Sapphire looked at Artemis and said, " That should help a lot. I couldn't heal them completly up, but they are a lot stronger than they were. Just don't fly for about a month, and the ribs are still a little damaged. You will feel some pain when walking, but you're not in danger anymore." She then put a red potion down near Artemis. "This is a potion to keep the pain away. Just take a sip or two if you are really hurting, and it will numb the pain"

Hinu
IceWing Tracker
IceWing Tracker

Male Leo Goat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down