Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

The Day is so... (Open to all) Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

The Day is so... (Open to all) Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

The Day is so... (Open to all)

3 posters

Go down

The Day is so... (Open to all) Empty The Day is so... (Open to all)

Post by Ragnarock Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:58 pm

((It is not the best opening, but its something))

Another day in the Imperium... Which is kind of desolate save for the creatures infesting it. Since the monster attacks more dragons keep on disappearing or dying, or both if they weren't killed in the initial attack. However the day was lovely as the sun shone down on the city, and with the streets being full as they are it gives one specific dragon luxury of clearing them out, yet he missed the bustling amount of drakes in the grand city. The weather was cool, as the season should make it.
Most of the buildings remained ruined, some turned into nests for breeding by the creatures, but to no avail as the creatures kept losing the nests in the passing days from the old Royal Guard. Granted a lot of dragons left, some remained as they felt the city safer than the outside. They were all killed off.

Ragnarock wandered about the forest as he traveled beyond the outskirts, the sun high above the trees to provide plentiful light, as it di since the previous night, luckily the Holy Order Ruins left unsoiled by the creatures, save forva serpent or ogre. Odd it was the monsters weren't out, perhaps they were more active in the night? Or simply they traveled to other lands in search of food?TOr perhaps the bulk were withing the city. The dragon cared not, so long he did not see any of the creatures he felt fine, however seeing a dragon would make his day, but most likely he would have a creature of combat occupy his mind and keep him busy. Even humans would alleviate the worry of being the only dragon... Well not the only dragon, there was still the Earth King, and some of the surviving subjects, if they are still alive. No one really traveled outside as he used to see it, but perhaps it was wise not to do so? Perhaps he was not wise to travel out in the open? Either way, inside or out of the Imperium would prove suicide, more so inside the kingdom than out. But still, the day was beautiful and he was not going to waste it cooped inside the Imperium with creatures.

Nights with guardians and other guards inside the Imperium was exhausting, especially those serpents they had to fend off. One by one, each fell till Ragnarock was last, and no longer he held back. Nights and days passed to this moment, another ogre fell as the other was ripped in half by the much larger dragon. He sighed and looked up. Was he truly the only living dragon upon this country? If so, then its not so bad being alone, but to spend the rest of his days with these creatures... He felt it fruitless to just stand there, but what more could one do?
Ragnarock
Ragnarock
EarthWing Adviser
EarthWing Adviser

Male Posts : 80

Back to top Go down

The Day is so... (Open to all) Empty Re: The Day is so... (Open to all)

Post by Vilkas Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:25 am

Vilkas Molten-Earth was on a special assignment for his uncle, the king. Baldirak, thanks to his time-seeing ability, had located a previously thought dead EarthWing: the Royal Guard, Ragnarock. The Twilight King had wanted to go himself, but alas had too much to do. VIlkas eagerly volunteered for the mission, wanting to do more than go kill and capture monsters to be studied. And so the yound demi god flew to the monster-infested land that was once the Twilight Imperium'a capital. He landed just outside the border and changed to his mutant form. The smaller monsters would leave him alone, while something bigger, like an Ogre, might challenge him. As long as even bigger things weren't living here, he'd be fine. But his uncle had warned that it was quite likely high threat level monsters had remained. With his spiked club resting on his shoulder, Vilkas the mutant (balrog-like) began walking toward the ruined city, hoping to find Ragnarock there or somewhere nearby.
Vilkas
Vilkas
EarthWing Vulcan
EarthWing Vulcan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragnarock Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:46 pm

Ragnarock had seen many times where one would go in head first into battle, slaying the many yet always falling short of their own life. That was not his style. Not one bit, as he dropped the halves of the ogre to the side and proceeded back to the kingdom. A lot of work to be done, he thought, and so much to do. The large dragon trekked again across the forest and into the territory of the kingdom, for whatever reason he felt he needed to clear more creatures out, whether it'd be his death or no, it was his duty to protect the king. Clearly it was insane, but, to the Royal Guard he failed his duties and thus created a new one; slaughter as many creatures as possible.He began in a run and took off in a flight.

Ragnarock approach was swift until something odd caught his eye. He glided downward until recognizing another dragon, Vilkas, to be exact. He flew right above head and made a rough landing taking out a few trees in the process, by mistake of course. He turned to the Kings son, err... He believed Vilkas was the kings son. He approached and spoke in his still grim and demonic tone, which never aged it seemed, "And here I thought perhaps I was the only survivor. I thought wrong."

The Royal Guard looked to the Guardian then to the Imperium itself, in its beautiful and ruined glory, "Its fruitless to go back. Are there more survivors? Or are you then only one too?"
Ragnarock
Ragnarock
EarthWing Adviser
EarthWing Adviser

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:31 pm

The demi god looked up upon hearing wing beats above and saw an old EarthWing. The Royal Guard. Ragnarock. The mutant creature set his spiked club down then transformed, becoming once again the spikey FireWing/EarthWing hybrid known as Vilkas. "Why you would remain in this place is a mystery only the gods could answer." Vilkas said as he sat. "No, I am not the only one. We are few, but... We have taken refuge on the Ebonwing Isles. Are you the only one here? Uncle Baldirak would want me to bring back everyone still here."
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragnarock Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:47 am

"It was a massacre," Ragnarock answered, "To simply put; abominations upon this plain I never imagined could wipe is out so swiftly, I remained with my lesser and higher ranks until even they were dead, but it seemed there was too much, and I needed to get out before I was claimed by one of the beasts. I was the only one in the Imperium for several days and nights, directly after I lost the last two fellow Guardians. There was enough of us to hold off the creatures whilst the citizens escaped, and those who remained chose to help the ranks fight alongside us to allow more dragons to escape." Ragnarock shook his head giving an exhausted huff, "Too many lives lost, so many more we could have saved. While we remained in the city to make there were survivors we were drowning in a flood of battle, it was a massacre on our side, and as we deemed the city uninhabited by our kind, we were trapped in the middle of a massive group of creatures; the initial invasion that breached the Imperium. One by one we fell, for sleepless nights we mourned and fought for the fallen... Till I was the only dragon left
I escaped with a body count behind me, but that mattered not. We couldn't save everyone, dragons and other species within the Imperium." Ragnarock looked to the Imperium as he finished his status report, the last one he thought he would ever give. He hadn't the time to check the Holy Ruins he resided in. All of those scrolls and artifacts left alone with those monsters... He seethed at the idea.

"It is good the king is alive. It is best we leave as soon as possible, I would hate to be surrounded by serpents on such a fine day." The Guard spoke once more, letting the Demigod know that it may not be a good idea to stand in the open like... Close to the Imperium.
Ragnarock
Ragnarock
EarthWing Adviser
EarthWing Adviser

Back to top Go down

Post by Vilkas Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:56 pm

Vilkas wasn't sure why Ragnarock felt the need to recall the day of the invasion as if the younger Dragon hadn't been there and helping, but he allowed the old Guard to do so uninterrupted. When Ragnarock suggested they leave as quickly as possible, Vilkas nodded and opened his wings, taking to the air. "It is good. He nearly died that day protecting Tenebris and the Queen. Keep an eye out. If we find anyone on the way back, even Rogues, I'm to offer them save haven at the Isles." Vilkas led the way from the EarthWing forests, across FireWing terittory and into the NightWings'.
Vilkas
Vilkas
EarthWing Vulcan
EarthWing Vulcan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragnarock Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:20 pm

Ragnarock followed suit, taking to the skies following the other dragon. Granted the guard was slower in flight, he still kept up and at good pace as to not keep the demigod waiting for him. The thought of helping others beside the Earth Kin was not something he looked toward to, he wanted to make the king was safe. He did not care for the queen nor the snake Tebebris, Ragnarock wanted to ensure the kings survival at any cost, however there are certain subjects that come first, like helping rogues and survivors. Another subject came to mind, defenses. How would the tribe operate with so little? That was a question for the king however.

"Indeed, I feel we may need all the help we can get from others, if that means helping them out in return or beforehand. How many did we lose to the initial invasion?" Ragnarock was ready to give that heavy sigh, that breath of anger and grievance, he dared to ask the question that, to him, was most likely difficult to answer.

"And of the queen? What of her condition?"
Ragnarock
Ragnarock
EarthWing Adviser
EarthWing Adviser

Back to top Go down

Post by Vilkas Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:10 pm

As they made their way out of the center of Twilight territory, the Royal Guard inquired about the casualties. It didn't surprise the young Guardian. Things had been so chaotic that day, it took a while for even the leaders to realize how many had been lost. "Too many. For a few days, Uncle Baldirak was the only one with Healing experience to tend to the wounded.
One EarthWing Healer did survive and found her way to us eventually. There's only two Guardians between us and the FireWings, I think. You and one of the NightWings make up the only Royal Guards. Almost all of the NightWings who survived were part of their government, so if we were to go into battle with the monsters now, we'd have no fighting force at all. We'd never win. As for the Queen... she's extremely depressed. She took the losses really hard. The loss of the Tribe, of our territory. Uncle Baldirak said she's barely spoken since the invasion. He tries, but I don't think he'll get anywhere."

Vilkas
Vilkas
EarthWing Vulcan
EarthWing Vulcan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragnarock Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:04 am

Ragnarock looked downward to think. So many lost their lives, and he thought perhaps those that escaped didn't make it far. This was an invasion that the Twilight Imperium, as a whole, had lost, and the Royal Guard felt guilty that he could have helped more and protect the king, but couldn't. He looked toward the demigod and took his words woth hard thought, remaining silent until he replied, "We will regain our homeland back. If there is a government it needs to be broken down to a select few members, after everyone recovers we should recondition all to a fighting force for defensive purposes. If there are other tribes and alliances we should consider allying ourselves with them for the time being, no matter how far the flight, walk, or swim is. No, no, too risky..."

The Guard shook his head before realizing his rumblings, "Forgive me, I tend tp go on about things. However my main worry is the Night Kin taking advantage, no doubt of the larger portion of their people are their government then, and assuming they have some bad apples, there will be problems caused if not the tension of the recent event. If anything happens, I will be glad to put an end to things " His words on the final statement was grim, almost as of he would do something he didn't care about its effects. Ragnarocks concern was the Night Kin as a whole starting up trouble, he did not want that, and will kill if it gets too out of hand... Err... Paw.
Ragnarock
Ragnarock
EarthWing Adviser
EarthWing Adviser

Back to top Go down

Post by Vilkas Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:02 am

"Maybe," Vilkas said, paying no mind to the older Dragon's rambling, "but I doubt even Tenebris would allow something like that to happen right now.
I mean, there's really nothing worth trying for. What, control over four EathWings and three FireWings in addition to his own remaining people? Besides, Uncle saved his life. Surely he's not so... whatever he is, that he'd stab Uncle in the back so soon."

For the next hour, VIlkas remained silent, focusing on the land and skies. The demigod searched for Dragon and Monster alike. By the end of the hour, the duo were crossing into NightWing territory. "We still have a ways to go, the Isles being way on the other side of the territory, of course. Why couldn't they have just used some of the marsh islands? Not as regal as an ocean island, I guess."
Vilkas
Vilkas
EarthWing Vulcan
EarthWing Vulcan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragnarock Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:26 am

"Perhaps Tenebris would go mad perhaps." Ragnarock replied in short, making the final answer his last before silence overtook him as well. The Royal Guard had no love for the Night Kin, save for a few, but he did not hate them. He had no ill will or sick desires against them, he just thought very differently of them, of Tenebris and his "Grand Inquisitor." He felt they were power hungry. He was once the same.

It had been a long time since the guard went on a long journey, even if it were small, it been far too long for a long flight. He was getting old, and while he didn't fear death, he feared something elseml. Not sure of what it was, but something that simply was and is.

And the guard hated it. Ragnarock's time was at no end, he was old enough to be a wise one and wished to continue his duty as a kings guard. It seemed now he'd have no choice, and he still had yet to check his own home, the Holy Order Ruins, for the creatures. He could only hope none had burrowed within their catacombs.

The Royal Guard saw their approach nearing, and finally the demigod uttered a word. Mentally the dragon shrugged abd answered, "The way I see things, an island is isolated, a marsh is still apart of a continent."

'Perhaps since there are few numbers, we could rebuild in a lighter path. Rid our souls of the sinful past and begin a bright new birth.' The guard thought, slowing down just a tad for his approach to be softer.
Ragnarock
Ragnarock
EarthWing Adviser
EarthWing Adviser

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down