Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Star, the sly huntress of the Lightwings Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Star, the sly huntress of the Lightwings Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Star, the sly huntress of the Lightwings

5 posters

Go down

Star, the sly huntress of the Lightwings Empty Star, the sly huntress of the Lightwings

Post by Tinyspots Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:48 pm

image is a work in progress
Personal Info
Name: Star
Alias: The Sly Huntress
Sexuality: Straight
Personality: Star is cunning, smart, and independent. She will find more efficient and effective ways of hunting if she feels like there should be and she doesn't really like getting help from other dragons even if she needs the help. She is also a really good problem solver and could be a great use to her tribe if they need smart dragons. She doesn't like to interact with many other dragons whether they are in her tribe or not. She is very shy in this aspect and having a conversation with her can get awkward. She can be stubborn and unwilling to do what she is told especially if it goes against what she thinks is right, but she will always eventually do what she is told by the upper ranked dragons, only if it is for the good of her tribe. Star can also get anxious, scared, and afraid easily, depending on the situation. If she had been dreading to meet with anyone with anyone who had royal power (whether for good or bad news), all her life, then suddenly put into a position in which she has to, she will be anxious and scared and try and get out of the situation. Once in the situation, she will most likely start to panic.
Interests: Flying, swimming, diving, food, treasure
Dislikes: Dragons she finds annoying or obnoxious, fighting, jungles, warm areas
Fears: Failing, getting in trouble, etc.

General Appearance
Height: 75 feet
Scales: Icy blue
Eyes: Teal
Appearance: Mainly like an Icewing, with a few scales going down the middle side of her neck, body and tail, that are slightly teardrop shaped, change color, and give off a small glow. She also has large wings (that have a slight glittery effect to them), webbed feet, almost non-existent gills, and abnormally long tail. She also usually wears a pouch on her wrist which holds any treasures she acquires, like the pearl necklace with the golden star she found in the waters off the coast of the Lightwings territory, in order for other dragons to not steal it from her, or for any royal dragons to take it away from her.

Tribe Information and Status
Tribe: Lightwings
Inheritance: 3/8 Icewing, 2/8 Lightwing, 1/8 Seawing, 1/8 Nightwing and 1/8 Skywing
Family: N/A
Mate: Looking
Hatchlings: N/A

Skills and Abilities
Strengths: Hunting, tracking, observing, ignoring other dragons, swimming, she can reach up to 80mph while flying, although she prefers to fly at around 60mph
Special Abilities: She can breathe a very bright, chilly, frostbreath. The frostbreath could temporarily blind the other dragon she is fighting if it is a specially bright day for 1 or 2 posts. The frostbreath on contact would feel like getting hit with a snowball that is made of ice. The frostbreath would only be slightly colder than freezing, making her frostbreath not very effective. The range for her frostbreath doesn't reach very far and is mainly used as a close range attack.
Weaknesses: Heat, fire, lava, isn't very strong
Combat Style: Even though she doesn't really like fighting much, she still has a way of fighting. Firstly, if the dragon she is going to fight doesn't know where she is, she tries to sneak up on them and quickly snap their neck like she does with prey. Next, if she gets spotted or confronted, she tries to stun or confuse the other dragon by flashing her changing scales and showing the underside of her glittering wings. Lastly, she tries to kill the other dragon by using her teeth, claws and light/frost breath. She prefers to move as quickly as possible so as to get hurt less and confuse the other dragon.

Background
History: N/A
RP Sample: Star had just returned from a swim. Her claws were stained bright red from the fish she had just caught. She had a strange fascination with the water just beyond the cliffs on the coast. She was sitting on a rock jutting up from the water near the coast and a few dead fish lay on another rock not far away. Star causally walked off the rock and into the water. Upon entering, she starting swimming with her head slightly above the waters surface. She looked around to see if she could spot any of the Lightwings nearby. She dove her head under the surface and causally started searching for more fish. She breathed in the silky, crisp, fresh water. Star looked about the desolate water happy that it wasn't crowded and filled with other dragons, coral, and other sea creatures for her to stumble upon or run into. She often come into the water to be by herself or to hunt. Sometimes she even slept under the water. On this particular day, the fish were even harder to catch than usual and she found herself wandering the waters depths not really paying attention to where she was swimming. Something shiny was poking up from the sand below her. She swam down and dug at the sand. She uncovered a thick, dark blue pearl necklace with a star made of gold in the center. She made a silent vow to keep it a secret from the Lightwings and every other dragon.

Last edited by Tinyspots on Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:38 pm; edited 4 times in total
Tinyspots
Tinyspots
LightWing Tracker
LightWing Tracker

Female Posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Star, the sly huntress of the Lightwings Empty Re: Star, the sly huntress of the Lightwings

Post by Sly Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:55 pm

Hi Tiny,

Welcome to DRF! Have some cake! dragoncake

I am Sly, your somewhat friendly character mod, and I will be reviewing your app. Before you begin, I would recommend you give a brief look over our New Members Guide to give you a brief background on what goes on in this site. The Comprehensive guide to character creation is also a good way to give you an idea on how to create your characters.

And now for your app.

First of all, you are required to have a minimum of 5 sentences for your personality. Expand on this further.

Is there a reason why your character is an odd mix of 5 of 7 different tribes we have? Okay, so she looks like an Icewing, has webbed feet (Seawing), large wings (Skywing?), and chilly bright breath? (Icewing + Lightwing). Being of Skywing heritage is not necessary to have large wings, if that is what you're thinking, or Seawing heritage for webbed feet (unless one of her strengths is her swimming ability) but I'm also struggling to find any Nightwing trait of hers. Be sure to give your character the bare necessities, rather than excessive traits that does not relate to them much.

For your strengths, you are required to at least describe your character's speed and physical strength. I notice she is good at hunting and tracking. Does this mean she at least excels in speed but forfeits strength for such a trait? If so, be sure to give us her average and top speed. If her average speed is 80mph, then you will have to keep the Skywing heritage, but because you are not of purebred Skywing, you cannot have their maximum top speed (170mph). Due to the small inheritance of Skywings, I would probably accept no more than 90mph.

Bump when ready.
Sly
Sly
NightWing Enforcer
NightWing Enforcer

Male Posts : 619

Back to top Go down

Star, the sly huntress of the Lightwings Empty Reasons

Post by Tinyspots Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:18 pm

She is an odd mix of the 5/7 tribes, because I wanted her to have the traits of the dragon tribes that I admired. For example, I wanted her to be a big dragon (why I choose her to be mostly Icewing and Lightwing), be able to swim well, and breathe underwater (why I choose her to have some Seawing). Also, the undersides of her wings are glittery (proof of her Nightwing heritage). Also, I thought that under personality, it said MAXimum of 5 sentences(I need to learn to read XD, and this cold I have isn't helping either). I don't think that she has any excessive traits about her. She is the perfect dragon for me to rp. Later on as I get used to rping as a dragon, I may make a new dragon that's more basic. I will also edit what is required.

Last edited by Tinyspots on Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tinyspots
Tinyspots
LightWing Tracker
LightWing Tracker

Back to top Go down

Star, the sly huntress of the Lightwings Empty Re: Star, the sly huntress of the Lightwings

Post by Sly Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:01 pm

I see...

Nightwings arent known for their glittery underbellies though so that is redundant. Be sure to make it clear that she is a good swimmer and such, because once your app is approved, you cannot bring in extra information not detailed here or made clear enough for readers such as myself.
Sly
Sly
NightWing Enforcer
NightWing Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyce Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:05 pm

Sly she meant she was going to edit it right now, but she had to do some chores and stuff so right now she is nearly done with the editing. I know this since Tiny is my twin sister. Razz
Joyce
Joyce
IceWing Hatchling
IceWing Hatchling

Female Sagittarius Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Hirotsukiro Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:24 pm

Really that this app got reviewed before mine, even though mine was posted yesterday? Sigh.
Hirotsukiro
Hirotsukiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:38 pm

@Hiro,

Im sorry to hear about that but please bear in mind that we are currently understaffed and are mending some issues so your app would have disappeared from recent topics. To get our attention again, please bump your app. Please dont post in another persons app to complain about this as this is an inappropriate place for it.

PM the staff or speak to them in the cbox if you have any issues.
Sly
Sly
NightWing Enforcer
NightWing Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Joyce Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:43 pm

Well she has asked around on the chat I think like I did. Also its best if you change the topic name to something obvious like have your characters name then in parenthesis say "Needs Approving" this draws the mods eyes to all the applications that need approving so they can read them and maybe accept them.
Joyce
Joyce
IceWing Hatchling
IceWing Hatchling

Female Sagittarius Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinyspots Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Edited!
Tinyspots
Tinyspots
LightWing Tracker
LightWing Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:22 pm

You still need to describe her physical strength in the strengths category. How much weight can she carry at most and how strong are her strikes?
Sly
Sly
NightWing Enforcer
NightWing Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinyspots Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:38 am

I don't know her strengths or how much weight she can carry, because I don't know what the average damage an icewing or lightwing inflicts or how much weight they can carry. ;-; Also, Nightwings have glittering undersides of their WINGS not their bodies. Just wanted to point that out because it seems that you misread. ;-;
Tinyspots
Tinyspots
LightWing Tracker
LightWing Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:22 pm

Okay...

Just ignore the strength bit then. It should seem alright as the app is.

I dont see where in our guide that states all Nightwings have glittering underside of their wings. Hence, it still seems redundant to me that you need to include a Nightwing heritage regardless.

Either way, you can freely edit that one out or not while you wait for the second approval.

APPROVED 1/2
Sly
Sly
NightWing Enforcer
NightWing Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Aero Dynamic Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:31 pm

NightWings with glittery wings is from Wings of Fire, Sly.

Special Abilities

'She can breathe a very bright, chilly, frostbreath.'

Could you explain this a bit more? How cold it can reach, how far it is shot, what effect it has on a dragon, ect.

~~

Bump when ready.
Aero Dynamic
Aero Dynamic

Female Leo Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinyspots Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:38 pm

Bump!
Tinyspots
Tinyspots
LightWing Tracker
LightWing Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by Aero Dynamic Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:26 pm

Approved
Aero Dynamic
Aero Dynamic

Female Leo Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down