Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Meditation and Contemplation (Lightwings only) Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Meditation and Contemplation (Lightwings only) Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Meditation and Contemplation (Lightwings only)

4 posters

Go down

Meditation and Contemplation (Lightwings only) Empty Meditation and Contemplation (Lightwings only)

Post by Jurragon Ignis Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:32 pm

In a well lit jungle clearing, sitting in the middle of a sand pit rested a dragon in deep thought. The pale grey dragon was a good description of an aged, veteran warrior, small scars crisscross his body when visible, and a small white beard with a wrinkled face to complete it. Though slender and a bit fragile, he was still a experienced fighter, even though age was clearly showing up on him signalling time may be finally catching up with him. He sat there, meditating to himself and let his mind be still, calm like a pond of water after a ripple had passed. He took deep, slow breaths as he felt his mind go blank and felt as if he severed ties to the world around him, nothing but the blank expanse within his mind with his eyes closed. There was no more sound as his senses stopped, then his smell, and finally his touch as he felt the one thing that always kept him sane...peace.

Then it came again...slowly at first, just a lingering on the edge of his mind trying to get in. No matter how hard he tried, it always came in, a trickle at first, then growing steadily, becoming a torrent as it flooded him over and his senses. The memory again...always that memory of his heart breaking and chance of a good life ending on that day.....the day he became what he hated most. The murder of his wife Crystal and then his near death, unable to break free as the claws went for his throat. He awoke gasping and clutched his neck where a old scar was...a grim reminder of that day until death. His eyes wide and trying to catch his breath as he tried to calm down, "Stop...calm down or your going to give yourself a heart attack..." He mumbled to himself as his breathing started to slow down. "So much for my meditation." He said a bit louder to himself, not knowing if anyone else was nearby.
Jurragon Ignis
Jurragon Ignis
LightWing Guardian
LightWing Guardian

Male Posts : 73

Back to top Go down

Meditation and Contemplation (Lightwings only) Empty Re: Meditation and Contemplation (Lightwings only)

Post by Hyruu Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:04 am

Hyruu was out for a hunt and decided to take this opportunity to fly around the Lightwing territory, exploring once again the surroundings of his new territory. He was never getting tired of discovering new places, even if he knew he couldn't claim them as part of his territory.
The grey dragon spotted a clearance in the distance, in which was a sand pit. This was fairly unusual to see a sand pit in the middle of the jungle, so he decided to steer his trajectory toward the clearance.
Hyruu then noticed a dragon was sitting inside the sand pit. He recognised the old dragon as the one he saw as everyone gathered for the return of Sleenia - he still would need a bit more details about this story, the only think he had understood was that she was a former leader of the tribe. Anyway, Hyruu now was a bit curious about the old dragon. He didn't get the occasion to talk with him, and it seemed like he had the same kind of scales as him, judging by how his scales slightly changed of color back there.
Hyruu decided to land near the elder dragon, making sure his presence was noticed not to surprise him. The younger dragon landed with ease in the sand pit, only sending a bit of sand flying from the winds caused by his wings.
"Oh erm, hello there !" he greeted the older dragon.
Hyruu then noticed the concerned look on his face.
"Erm I'm not bothering, am I ?" he asked.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Meditation and Contemplation (Lightwings only) Empty Re: Meditation and Contemplation (Lightwings only)

Post by Jurragon Ignis Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:49 am

He soon noticed another dragon arriving and his scale color changed quickly to red, but went back quickly when he recognized the young dragon. He grunted as he shook off some of the sand that was blown onto him, he then turned back to look at this...new arrival that caught his attention from before with the return of Sleenia. "No, and what are you doing here young squirt?" He asked in a gruff tone and with a stern look to Hyruu. Darmith never meant to have sounded rude, but he wasn't exactly in the best of moods now after reliving a bad memory he tried to pass on by.
Then he remembered what caused him such interest in Hyruu, he had similar scales like he did. So maybe he had the same power like he did when he changed his scale color? At that he calmed down slightly and took a deep breath, "I'm sorry for my attitude, I was.....trying to meditate and it didn't go so well." He said as the stern look went away, replaced with a passive look now.
"I've noticed you have the same kind of scales that I have." He asked flat out, not one for beating around the bush in conversation.
Jurragon Ignis
Jurragon Ignis
LightWing Guardian
LightWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:23 am

Hyruu nodded, at first on his defensive because of the old dragon's aggressive attitude, but slightly relaxing once he seemed to have calmed down.
"Oh, I see." he simply commented as Darmith explained he was trying to meditate.
The younger dragon nodded as the elder talked about his scales. It wasn't hard to tell what he was talking about since he had made a good demonstration of that by turning all red right before.
"Erm, yes, it sounds like I do." he replied, a bit taken aback by the direct comment.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jurragon Ignis Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:41 am

This dragon interested Darmith even more now, the reaction he was given satisfied something...he didn't know what though. Maybe some connection that seems to have formed that another dragon had a similar power like he did?
"Show me." He asked bluntly to Hyruu.
"Can you show me that it wasn't my eyes playing tricks on me then?" He asked again, this time a bit more politely.
He was going to have to work on his social skills a bit after this, he can't be so direct all the time and not all dragons are alike. He learned that over his years of travelling before finally settling down...twice. He pushed that memory back down quickly, trying to focus on the conversation at hand now.
Jurragon Ignis
Jurragon Ignis
LightWing Guardian
LightWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:58 am

Hyruu nodded at the older dragon's demand, taking a step back. This tendency to say things twice with two different tones was a bit unsettling. The grey dragon gave a quick look behind him and suddenly his scales changed color almost by themselves, to recreate the scenery behind him. Hyruu had become extremely hard to distinguish from the background, almost perfectly camouflaged if it wasn't for his shadow.
"Is this what you wanted to see ?" he asked, tilting his head. The scales changed accordingly and almost instantly.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jurragon Ignis Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:44 pm

The old dragon almost believed Hyruu had disappeared, until he saw his shadow was still there. A small smile creeped up on his face, "Well yes indeed, but is that it though?" He said confused slightly as he changed his scale colors to white and formed a miniature tornado in his paw, picking up some of the sand. "You can't use some of the elements while your scales have changed?" He asked Hyruu with a questioning look.
Jurragon Ignis
Jurragon Ignis
LightWing Guardian
LightWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:03 pm

Hyruu's jaw dropped when the old dragon created a miniature tornado in his paw. The red flesh of his mouth could be clearly seen, heavily contrasting with the rest of his camouflaged body.
"Woah ! How can you make that ?" he asked, seemingly amazed by the trick.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jurragon Ignis Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:18 am

"From your gaping, I'll take that as a no." Darmith said as he flicked his paw and made the mini tornado disappear, causing the sand gathered to fall back down into a pile. His scale changed back to being a pale gray which was his original color and seemed to crack a small smile. It felt.....good, he could say, that the young dragon was amazed in a simple use of his power, a bit disappointed all Hyruu could do was simply camouflage himself extremely well. Granted, he was impressed by the display but he had a slight hope he would have the same power as his, seems every dragon was indeed different from the other.
"That? Its as natural as your excellent camouflage young one." He said with a dry chuckle. "Want to see more then I assume?"
Jurragon Ignis
Jurragon Ignis
LightWing Guardian
LightWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:35 am

Hyruu also came back to his usual grey, which was slightly more tinted than the older dragon's one. He then nodded at his proposition.
"Oh, yes I'd love to. But, before that, erm, shouldn't we actually introduce ourselves ? We didn't do so the last time we met, and I didn't get to know your name since then... My name's Hyruu." he introduced himself.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:03 pm

Lexi flew above the trees, wondering if anyone was hunting around here. She heard the voices from below, and landed on a branch that was close enough for her to hear the conversation, but high enough so where they couldn't see her. That was, until the branch snapped out from underneath her, which send her crashing into the older dragon.
"Oww....." Lexi grunted, rubbing her head with her paw.
Serena
Serena
NightWing Guardian
NightWing Guardian

Female Posts : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Jurragon Ignis Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:35 pm

"Oh yes, that is true, my name is Darmith-" Then he heard the snap of the branch above him. With reflexes belying his age, his scales changed to white as he rolled to the side quickly using wind gusts to boost him away. He got up into a defensive stance as he saw the dragoness fall on the spot he was just at a few seconds ago.
"Who are you?!" He demanded with a low growl.
Jurragon Ignis
Jurragon Ignis
LightWing Guardian
LightWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:31 pm

Oww.... Im Lexi. Lightwing Vulcan. She said, a bit angry that there was no one to cushion her fall. Her scales turned a dark red, that was very close to black.
Serena
Serena
NightWing Guardian
NightWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jurragon Ignis Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:19 pm

The old dragon relaxed his stance and calmed down, "You may be a lightwing, but you have some nerve on sneaking up on me Lexi." He said in a accusing tone, all hints of a kind dragon gone. There was anger now and it seemed to have risen from some unknown part of his mind, taking control now of his actions as his scale color changed to red now. "Would you care to explain why you almost crushed my back?" He said with a flat tone with his piercing blue eyes staring at the dragoness.

(Pardon his rudeness, hes just got a short temper of sorts.)
Jurragon Ignis
Jurragon Ignis
LightWing Guardian
LightWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Serena Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:41 am

Uhh, you see, I was, uhh flying and looking for materials on the surface, and uhh... I got tired! So I landed on this branch here, and the branch snapped. Before I knew what was happening, I hit the ground! Yea!! Lexi smirked, her eyes changing between brown & green.
Serena
Serena
NightWing Guardian
NightWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:53 pm

Hyruu stepped back of surprise when Lexi suddenly dropped on Darmith. Even in his surprise though he noticed how Darmith turned white and dodged on his side faster than one would expect from a dragon of his age. It took him a second to understand that the old dragon had used his powers, so since he was white he must have used some kind of wind to help him.
What he also noticed was that the newcomer's eyes were constantly changing of color. This may be a detail, but considering his own ability he grew quite attentive to colors.
But what was worrying him was how Darmith suddenly got aggressive. It had been the same than with him. If the newcomer didn't convince him he didn't drop on him on purpose this could end up badly...
The grey dragon couldn't really say anything at the moment, so he just stayed attentive to the discussion between the two other dragons.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Droplet Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:02 pm

Lexi looked at Hyruu, and her eyes went back to green. "What? U have a problem with me?"
Droplet
Droplet
SeaWing Hatchling
SeaWing Hatchling

Back to top Go down

Post by Jurragon Ignis Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:38 pm

Darmith regained control and calmed down again, enough to change his scales back to their original color. He grunted from Lexi's reason for almost falling on top of him, "Really? If your going to lie, try not to stammer your words as much, otherwise it was a good try." He said calmly, almost like he just experienced a mood swing.

Then he felt slight anger come back when Lexi rudely asked her question of Hyruu. "Hey now! He does not have a problem with you." He said getting defensive for Hyruu.
Jurragon Ignis
Jurragon Ignis
LightWing Guardian
LightWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:16 pm

Hyruu made a step back when Lexi looked at him and talked aggressively, getting nervous.
"Erm, no, I just noticed that your eyes were changing color..." he answered before Darmith took his defense.
The grey dragon got calmer as Darmith defended him. For a reason he was starting to like that old dragon, he was a bit like himself on some points. However he seemed to be sensible and get angry quite fast. The younger dragon stood silent, hopping Lexi would not get aggressive and anger Darmith.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down