Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

The final showdown Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

The final showdown Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

The final showdown

4 posters

Go down

The final showdown Empty The final showdown

Post by Hyruu Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:36 am

Night was setting on the formerly lush forests the Earthwings were formerly inhabiting. But the sight the dragons would find was something they wouldn't have expected. The Nightwings were already horrified when they had found the second fort and the deforested zone around it, but it was way worse for this one fort. Trees had been cut down in such a large radius even the dragons would have a hard time observing the fort from the edge of the trees. It was impressive humans even managed to do it. What previously was the heart of a forest was now deprived of trees and any other bush.
Flickering lights came from the fort as the guards on top of the walls were doing their duties, watching from afar in case of a possible attack. No one could blame them for being cautious when being in the former territories of dragons that might want to get it back after all...
The first by itself was far more impressive than anything they had met before. The walls were towering to a bit more than 100 feet, and were made incredibly thick. It made no doubt even a dragon would have a hard time destroying it by ramming... And that was without accounting the additional defenses. The whole fort, from the outside of the walls to the more opened spaces inside, and every roof and tower, were covered in large metallic spikes, making the whole thing look like a giant porcupine. The spikes were at least 30 to 40 feet high for those standing upright, and 20 to 30 feet for the others. They were regularly spaced, making it near impossible for any dragon to land in the opened space without impaling a limb on one of the spikes. And even if a dragon somehow managed to do so, it would give them so few room to move they would be nothing but a defenseless target.
A few towers peaked higher than the walls inside the center area of the fort, but all of them were covered by spikes as well. If a dragon wanted to destroy them, it wouldn't be without any damage.
Guards were stationed regularly among the walls, making at least a hundred of sentinels along them. Multiple building were stuck on the inside of the walls, probably an armory or casern for additional soldiers.
All in all, this was on a whole different level than before. This wasn't a mere outpost, this was a citadel built specifically to resist against a dragon attack. No building seemed flamable, and sheer size wouldn't help because of the spikes everywhere.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

The final showdown Empty Re: The final showdown

Post by Ignatius Sikum Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:27 pm

Tempest, along with her FireWings, agreed to meet their kin deep in the forest so that the humans couldn't sense their presence. She waited, her flames doused in the extremely dull light of the ending dusk. Tempest had instructed every dragon not to allow a single flicker of their flames to show in the forest. If she had allowed that, the humans may have been able to see her from such a long distance away.

It was planned to attack just after dusk, when the night drew in and caused the humans to retreat into the buildings. Their small and rather pathetic stone buildings that they called home. As she waited for the NightWings to arrived, her mind went through the materials that she had been told the fortress was made from. Normal and rather typical stone, something which didn't phase Tempest in the slightest as her rather unique hell claws would be able to easily destroy the stones. She also recalled that there were spikes that struck high into the sky, but were made from tin. The tin, if Tempest recalled correctly, would easily be able to melt under almost all of her FireWings flames. So, all in all, Tempest wasn't too afraid of this place which supposedly took down the EarthWings. In her opinion, it was rather poor that they were taken down with such ease.

She was more worried about the bastilles that they carried, which would have to have been something that more or less won them the fight against the EarthWings. Anything that could take down their rather bulky kin would be something that definitely was a force to be reckoned with. However, the NightWings did discuss taking them out first, which was something that Tempest was grateful for. They were a much harder target to hit, especially when compared to the general bulk and strength of the FireWings. Tempest did a final check, glancing and looking over at the FireWings as she needed them to be silent, but the Queen needed to make sure that none of them faltered. If even one FireWing were to falter, she knew all to well that it could lead to rather disaterous concequences, especially when Tempest considered that they were naturally rather hot headed.

As she was looking, Tempest glanced at the light that faded through the leafs, noticing that it quickly dimmed. Above her and out of the coverage of the forests, the stars slowly drew out from their cloud coverage and the cover of daylight.

Any second the NightWings would arrive.
Ignatius Sikum
Ignatius Sikum
FireWing Guardian
FireWing Guardian

Male Posts : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:11 am

Tonight was the night that the humanoids were finally wiped from the plains and forests of the ex-EarthWings. The land will be rightfully returned to the dragons that owned the land, and would no longer be under the destructive ownership of the humans. Oculus and his NightWings had come to finish them off, along with the assistance of the FireWings. The NightWings had formed four different groups, with the main one being headed by himself. They were all positioned in the darkness, hidden and unable to be detected by the humans as they silently waited to explode from the darkness.

Walking up to the meeting spot, Oculus smiled as he found Tempest already there. "Ahhh, Lady of Fire, I'm so glad you did not get cold feet. Looking around, he observed the FireWings, very happy to see the number that Tempest had brought. "I have my soldiers position and ready. It should not be too hard as the pesky humans have had no forewarning that we are here. Are you still good with the plan and ready?" Oculus asked. It was true, the humans did not have a clue that they were about to be eradicated. No warning of what happened to the other forts along the way. Oculus was ready to finish this night and celebrate the fruition of his many month long plans to rid the land of the humans in his domain. He watched Tempest, glad she did not have her flames lit so that their position would not be given away. once she confirmed they were ready, he would initiate the attack according to their plan.
Oculus
Oculus
NightWing Leader
NightWing Leader

Male Aries Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Sikum Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:30 pm

Tempest was beginning to worry, surely the NightWings would come like they had agreed? The previous forts were destroyed, as Oculus said that they would. As they had agreed. She somewhat felt sorry for them, they could be getting partially tired by now. But it was unlikely. Oculus wouldn't risk his men if they were tired.

Confirming that he was indeed coming, Tempest heard the soft footsteps of a few NightWings, and the Queen turned her head to face him. At his comment, she gave a small and extremely quiet laugh  to ensure that the humans would not be able to hear her. She figured that she could never be too careful. "You take me for a coward?" Tempest asked, giving him a small smirk. She watched in amusement as he seemed to be actually impressed that she managed to bring along some of her strongest kin. Her most trusted as well.

"I wouldn't have agreed to your plan if I had such a condition as cowardice or if I were not an honourable Queen. My FireWings and I shall wait for your signal before we strike. Ensure that all of your NightWings are out of harms way before you call us, though if you don't... It might end rather badly." Tempest reminded him, a small grin on her face.

Tempest was surprised to find that she wasn't nervous in the face of the impending invasion and extermination of the human forces. Like Oculus, she was looking forward to finishing this task, but the FireWings untouched stamina... It would greatly help with finishing this final task quickly. But due to the humans killing their former EarthWing kin, this would be a rather satisfying night.

"We are ready whenever your forces are, Emporer Oculus." She confirmed, making sure that every word was quiet to not give their position away to the humans. "We shall wait back in the trees to ensure that we aren't spotted, but at your signal, we shall strike.'
Ignatius Sikum
Ignatius Sikum
FireWing Guardian
FireWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:50 pm

Oculus chuckled as the FireWing Queen feigned anger at being called a coward, glad she had caught on to him teasing her.  It was nice to even hear that she cared about the safety of his own soldiers too.  It was good to know he was fighting along side someone who held at least some honor.  "Oh don't worry, we'll rattle the hornets nest.  They have no inkling that we are coming, and will know too late when the times comes."  The NightWing's were in position, and ready to begin the assault, remaining hidden in the darkness of the tree's.  The small meeting that he was having seemed to have been timed perfectly, as the sun had set a bit ago and the last bits of orange in the sky had assumed their dark blue/black color.  Peering up at the dark night sky, he watched the coastal fog roll in from the ocean and lake.  He smirked, and looked at Tempest saying "Would you mind a five or so minute delay?  The fog will be nice cover in the darkness.  It will not only cover us, but your FireWings too."  During those five minutes, Oculus would remain quiet unless Tempest spoke to him as he watched the thick ground hugging fog crawl across the ground, slowly passing both Tempest and the fort.  The lower visibility would not be too much of an issue, but for the humans, it would mean that they would not see the silent and deadly assault come.  After Oculus was sure that the fog had encompassed the entire area, he gave a low dip of his head to Tempest, "If you would be so kind, I must depart.  I have some pests to rile up."  With that, Oculus turned and joined his main attacking force.  A silent tracker came up to him, and when he nodded, the swift hunter maneuvered through the tree's to tell the assault was about to begin.  The hunter would tell the first group assault in one minute, then the next group 45 seconds, and the last group 30 seconds, accounting for the average 15 second trip around to tell the other team leaders the assault would happen.  The hunter remained quiet and unseen, only giving the non verbal signal to each group.  With this timed attack, all four groups surrounding the citadel would attack at once.  Oculus waited, counting down the time, and when he was at 3, he saw the hunter coming back from completing his loop, meaning that they were all in sync for the attack.  As now was the time, Oculus moved forward, already knowing the trackers would follow suit in his squad as would the other three attacking groups.  The fog covered their approach, and when he was at the walls, he jumped up, using the spikes as footholds and flapping his wings.  These spikes would be nothing compared to the obstacle courses the trackers go through at training.  The humans would only see black masses leaping from the shadows before being pounced.  Many humans would die before the first alarm was sounded, and as that was happening, the trackers and Oculus would be taking out all the ballistas along the walls.  The ones in the towers were destroyed by sticking a tail in there and destroying everything inside.  The  siege weapons would be destroyed in mere seconds, and the standing guards would fall.  Oculus was ready for the sleeping ants to awaken and charge the his well prepared soldiers, who made sure to protect their eyes and vulnerable points.  If any of them were hurt, they would simply leave the fort and retreat, as per Oculus's orders.  This night, the old EarthWing territory would run red with the blood of the humans.
Oculus
Oculus
NightWing Leader
NightWing Leader

Male Aries Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadedDeath Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:20 pm

As i wait hidden in the darkness where the emperor had ordered us to wait i looked out into the abyess of the old earthwing land.''This is it then the final op the one to end it all retake here and this is it or is it who knows in all honesty but wherever there is to be a fight heh ill be there,'' i thought to myself focusing on the task at hand.''Comon Shade dont mess this up for us or youll most likely be hanged or killed or something.'' demon thought to me.''Most likely but i mean comon i wont mess up that badly would i,'' i thought back that itching slight worry that i would end up as a casualty or end up messing up the plan sinking in but then i swiftly shook it off peering back out ready for action the night sky casting a nice look as he noticed a fog rolling in.''So thats the idea huh what a great plan it will conceal us perfectly ohhh this is gonna be one interesting night,in honer and in death lets do this,ready demon,"he thought back enthusiastic as ever despite his shyness.''Heh yeah lets go,'' he stated in reply just as enthusiastic as i was.
ShadedDeath
ShadedDeath

Male Capricorn Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Sikum Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:26 pm

~War Report, The FireWing and NightWing invasion against the final human base~

Using the fog as cover for the initial assault, the NightWing tribe struck the final fort from four different positions around the camp as they had planned. Using their stealth as their advantage, the dragons managed to destroy the hidden heavy machinery designed to take down any sorts of dragons. Dragons who were going to strike from the air wouldn’t have had a chance against them. Neither would dragons during the day times. But the night is where these creatures had their strength, and the NightWings blow was swift and sudden, allowing for very little recovery time. However, the dragons had noticed Oculus’s signal, and they pulled away from the fort. The NightWings managed to get away from the initial attacks, but they did have some injuries among them but pulling out from the partial wreckage of the weapons, they had a few victims they kept as hostage.

After they had struck the humans, the NightWings pulled back to bring about the second phase.  

The FireWings came through the forts, their flames and power horrifying the humans beyond measure. They were unprepared for this sort of devastation, the crippling blows from the NightWings, then the second destroying attack from the FireWings. Using their sheer ferocity and strength, the FireWings drove the humans into the ground, the consistent use of their flames melting the tin spikes which once were thrust into the sky. Soon, they were a melted pile of metal burning humans which were foolish to stand in the open. Strikes from fists and their fire drove the humans to their knees, and at Tempest’s command, they stopped their flames, allowing the NightWings to rejoin with them in the final scour for human existence.

But this invasion was not all victory as a great sorrow was still yet to come.

The NightWings hadn’t foreseen the potential for hidden heavy weaponry, and one last one had survived along with a handful of humans. Just enough to operate the machine. In a last ditched effort to get back at the creatures that destroyed their newfound home, the humans launched its deadly bolt. It struck Tempest in the chest, its power sheering straight through her ribcage and striking her lung.  The queen fell. Feeling victorious, the humans released a second shot. Seeing it coming, Oculus flicked his tail to slam into the shot. It slashed through his scales and grazed across the side of his tail. The NightWings, being quicker than the FireWings and partially more alert, stuck down the humans and the final weapon at the human’s disposal with no absolutely no remorse. Distress came down upon the FireWings, but a stern scolding from Tempest forced them to stop as they somewhat would obey her wishes and stopped their fiery tempers.

The NightWings had more speciality when it came to treatments, so they tended to her as quickly as they could, stabilizing the giant wound before it could kill her. But at her wish, they would look after the dragons of her kin which were injured before herself. When they had finished and came back to helping her, they eventually managed to remove the crossbow bolt and stop the internal bleeding from her injury. But she felt weak and was incredibly unstable. She was unable to join the celebrations which were sure to take place after such a glorious victory...

And so, the FireWings and NightWings ended the battle, victorious overall. The remaining humans which had seen hellfire and the fury of the NightWings surrendered themselves to them, never wishing to face such horror again.

But Tempest’s life still hung in the balance... A simple wrong move would end her reign.
Ignatius Sikum
Ignatius Sikum
FireWing Guardian
FireWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down