Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

A Final Farewell... Maybe? (Alistair) Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

A Final Farewell... Maybe? (Alistair) Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

A Final Farewell... Maybe? (Alistair)

2 posters

Go down

A Final Farewell... Maybe? (Alistair) Empty A Final Farewell... Maybe? (Alistair)

Post by Dynamic Oreo Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:42 pm

Occy had gone and the tribes had combined. Instead of being the NightWings, the EarthWings, and the FireWings, they were the Twilight Imperium. Logically, it was good. More dragons to protect them, ultimately becoming stronger, more territory for food, and easier to find possible mates. Not that Oreo was particularly doing the last one but... he was reassigned someone to guard. He was surprised that it wasn't Tenebris, the new NightWing leader, but rather one of the other leaders. Maybe they wanted to have different dragons do different jobs for the other tribes, mix the culture and influence of dragons so that they wouldn't be so separated. Maybe eventually you'll see FireWings and EarthWings in the NightWing territory, and vice versa. Of course, there was a part of the alliance that was shaky. Neither of the two dragons could successfully live in the FireWing territory, and he doubted that FireWings would want to live in the swampy NightWing territory. But, they'd see. Maybe this collaboration could help them make heat-proof armor, something that they could use against other fire-breathing dragons. The downside was, if the tribes ever broke up again, then the FireWings would now be facing enemies with fire-proof armor. That would give them a huge advantage over them.

Before Oreo set on his mission to the capitol to go meet with the dragon he would be guarding, there was someone he wanted to see again. Since their first encounter, the guard hadn't had enough time to seek her out to go hunting for a new plant, provided she still wanted to do that. He had pockets here and there, but no prolonged vacation. It was saddening really, he had wanted to make up for how he had acted, and how rudely he had left. It was stupid and ridiculous of him to, but his mind had been so different in that moment. And since he had left, all he could think of was the way those scales shined in the moon, and the way she talked. Just thinking about it now sent shivers up his spine, and the male still wasn't sure if he liked it. The shiver didn't feel like something he was afraid of. Well, maybe a bit, but if he was afraid of anything it was himself and messing up. But he only felt that way around Oculus, so why now her? She was just a tracker, he was a higher rank than her and shouldn't worry about what she felt about him. But he did worry about that too, and was sure he left a bad impression. Maybe he didn't, but acting that way towards the end would have put him off too. Even if she made him feel different, he couldn't leave them on that sour note.

Oreo had walked up to the castle, hoping that someone there would be able to tell when the dragoness was doing. Luckily for him he was able to find the lead hunter. "Madam, do you perhaps know what Alistair is doing at this moment?" She examined him, eyes narrowed. No doubt she was wondering what he was wanting to do with her. At this moment, he didn't have anyone to take orders from, although once he made it to the capitol he'd have someone to give him orders again. She finally answered him, although it seemed that she didn't want to. "She has the day off today, good luck finding her." She snorted, walking away. At least he had a bit of a base to go off of. But the land was so vast... She could be anywhere.

The royal guard had an idea of where to start. If he wasn't able to find her there though he might have to leave without saying goodbye. They wanted him there by Sunday at least, and he had no clue how long it would take to make the trip. The black and white dragon ran across the castle to the garden, coming to a halt when he made it there. She sat by the small bush, the one they had looked at when he asked if she had wanted to go find a plant with him sometime. It made his heart break, remembering his departure. She had said yes, so surprised when he had asked. Yet, out of fear of never being able to keep up with the proposal, he left. Oreo was panting heavily from his run, sure that she could hear him. To his left was a bush with red flowers on it. He plucked one, ignoring the thorns and how they sliced his tongue and lips. Even if she was watching him, he slowly approached her, his ears flat and his face heated. He sat down by her, a smile that brings up the word 'embarrassed' on his face. He set down the rose, blood rising from his cuts.

His tongue felt large in his mouth, and he had no idea what to say. "Alistair I'm... sorry." That seemed like a good start. "I- With the tribes joining and Occy no longer in power I've been called to go to the capitol and guard there. I just... wanted to see you one last time before I left." Oh gods, how was she going to react to this? Oreo has rarely ever been this nervous, the only other time was when he was competing with the other for his Royal Guard spot. But even then, he had his nerves under control on the outside. What was so different about now?
Dynamic Oreo
Dynamic Oreo
Night Wing Royal Guard
Night Wing Royal Guard

Male Leo Horse

http://dragonsrp.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

A Final Farewell... Maybe? (Alistair) Empty Re: A Final Farewell... Maybe? (Alistair)

Post by Alistair Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:31 pm

One would think that merging the Tribes would suddenly make everyone best friends. The dragons who weren't suspicious of their new members could be seen very commonly, especially in territories opposite of where they lived. They were busy out interacting while the ones who were more wary decided to wait a few days. . . Or months. . . Or years before trying to make peace with their new brothers in Tribe.

Alistair herself wasn't an interactive one. Neither was she all that suspicious. She was, in fact, particularly happy that she now had access to hotter areas in the FireWing Land, since sometimes the cold weather here in the NightWing Territory wasn't her cup of tea. However, despite the possibility of new, err, friends prancing around, Alistair didn't feel so happy. She felt rather. . . Lonely.

The Night Fury never made that many friends in her time within the Tribes. That was understandable, seeing as her personality wasn't exactly pleasant when it came to business or competitive dragons. It may have looked like Alistair didn't care. . . And she didn't! Until the Tribes merged, and while all the other NightWings stuck together as if to protect one another, Alistair realized she was alone. Nobody had her back.

There was, however, one dragon. . .

They didn't ever reach the 'friend' milestone. . . But ever since they parted from their first meeting, Alistair wished that she could see him again. She desired that they could somehow cross each other's path, much like what happened on their first interaction, and then they could talk and talk and talk. . . And go looking for a beautiful plant. But she never saw him.

This dragon was none other than Dynamic Oreo, a Royal Guard.

Alistair figured she would see him again eventually. Now, with the Tribes merged, he could be anywhere. He could be right here in NightWing Territory, or the Lush Forest, or perhaps the land of the FireWings. Right now, it looked like the chance was very slim of laying eyes on that black and white drake ever again. . . However, the charcoal-colored dragoness decided just to settle on sitting at the bush, the very place the two sat from their last meeting.

And so she did. She gazed at the cute little plant. It had grown a bit, and it wasn't quite a shrub anymore!! The sight made the Night Fury smile. . . And then she heard his voice.

Twisting her head, Alistair wore a face of surprise as the dragon she was just thinking about approached with a rose in his mouth before he set it down. It was a beautiful rose, with flawless ruby petals. . . And thinking that Dynamic Oreo gave it to her gave Alistair some sort of proud, squishy feeling. She wasn't sure if a blush could appear on dark scales, but if they could, then a red tint on her cheeks was visible. But Oreo's next words didn't excite her.

"You're... Leaving?" Alistair's voice was quiet in shock. She had wanted to see him, and now he was leaving. . ? Suddenly distressed, her shivering gaze noticed a small wound. "Are. . . You okay?"
Alistair
Alistair
NightWing Tracker
NightWing Tracker

Female Libra Snake

Back to top Go down

A Final Farewell... Maybe? (Alistair) Empty Re: A Final Farewell... Maybe? (Alistair)

Post by Dynamic Oreo Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:50 am

Oreo watched as her face went from surprise to sadness as he spoke. It pained him to see her like that. The guard would have answered her first question, but the ache in his chest wouldn't go away for him to be confident enough to. Then she asked another question after looking at him more closely. At first, it confused him, but then he licked his lips and tasted the bit of blood that had welded up on them. Ahh.

"I'm fine. Just a scratch from the prick of the thorn. I've had worse." He pondered for a moment after saying that. If she was worried about a little cut, was it wise to mention that he has had bigger wounds? She must have realized, he was a guard, and not only a guard, but a royal guard. He doubted any guard could go a day without getting scuffed one way or another.

He knew that her question would come back eventually, and it might as well be answered now. "They no longer need me here as a royal guard, but instead at the capitol guarding one of the other leaders," he tried to explain. The messenger that had given him the message hadn't been clear on who he was guarding, or how he was supposed to figure it out. They only mentioned that he was to be at the capitol by the end of the week. Oreo could have asked another dragon how long it took to get there, but he'd rather be early than late, and with a few days to get there, he was sure he'd get there on time. That is, if he left soon.

"I still have to grab my stuff, but I just wanted to say goodbye." To say he had to grab his stuff almost seemed like a lie to him. The only thing of value that he had was his golden armor, the equipment that had kept him from dying many times. At first he had resented it, but now, even with it's few dings that he refused to get fixed, it was the only thing he really cared about. Inanimate thing, that is. "I wish that there was time to go find a plant but, I guess a guard never gets his rest." The dragon had intended the last bit as a joke, but it made him frown, gaze resting on the bush behind the dragoness. His frown turned into more of a concentrated thinking look when the guard had a thought. "Unless..." he had mumbled, not really meaning to. Oreo shook his head. No, she had duties here, and he still didn't understand the rules about dragons wandering in the Imperium.

He looked at her, waiting for her response. The rose, thorns still covered in his drying blood, laid still upon the ground.
Dynamic Oreo
Dynamic Oreo
Night Wing Royal Guard
Night Wing Royal Guard

Male Leo Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:16 pm

Alistair was so shocked to hear the news that she momentarily forgot of the rose Dynamic Oreo had given her. She wasn't surprised at his mentioning of having worse wounds than the prick of a thorn, as her mind said she should have expected that, with this dragon being a Royal Guard and all. You don't just waltz into such a rank without knowing you'll get hurt. As much as it was a harsh role, the previous NightWing leader was just as so.

"Oh." Alistair felt her wings droop in sorrow. "I wish we could have found each other sooner. . ."

The Night Fury bent her head down to clench the rose in her teeth, careful not to let the thorns touch her gums. She gazed at Oreo with saddened grey eyes. Before she didn't mind the union of the Tribes, but now she felt a little mad. If none of this ever happened, then maybe her and Oreo could be friends. Shocked at her own thoughts, Alistair suddenly wondered why she was making such a big deal. She and Oreo only knew each other for. . . What, around thirty minutes? To any other dragon who had left her the way he did Ali would have shredded their pelt, but for some reason. . . Dynamic Oreo was different. He made Alistair feel fluffy.

How?

Instead of dwelling any longer, Alistair spoke, "Do you have time now?" She thought for a moment before realizing Oreo said something else. "Unless. . ?" She hoped he had an idea. That would be great.
Alistair
Alistair
NightWing Tracker
NightWing Tracker

Female Libra Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Dynamic Oreo Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:02 pm

He scowled when he realized he had spoken out loud before softening his expression. This couldn't end like last time, she didn't deserve that. Oreo shook his head,  "You're too busy here, it wouldn't work." His gut turned for more reasons than just one. For his whole life he hadn't cared about anyone more than the leader and his family, the later of which eventually faded into the background. Now, this dragoness somehow broke that, and he didn't want to break her. "Maybe you could come with me," he said quietly, looking back at her and her sad eyes. It made his gut twist more, but then it loosened. The guard smiled and stood up, moving and making his next words more extravagant.

"If you did, then we'd have more time to hunt plants, we could even do it on the way! Of course we wouldn't be able to bring it back here, at least I wouldn't, but..." Oreo trailed off, slowing his movements. It was ridiculous, and he had probably made a fool of himself. The two didn't know each other for that long, why would she follow him? It also didn't help that the guard wasn't much of a social one. He mostly ordered dragons around and lectured the previous leader when he went off without him. That left him will little time to strike up conversations with anyone, let alone the fact that most wouldn't even want to talk to him. Maybe it was the reason that she was that he cared more about her and what she thought.

Oreo sat back down, the height of the idea leaving him. "I mean, it was just a thought," he said almost sadly, looking away from her again.

Last edited by Dynamic Oreo on Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Dynamic Oreo
Dynamic Oreo
Night Wing Royal Guard
Night Wing Royal Guard

Male Leo Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:57 am

((sorri still with my block, post may be short ;~; )

You're too busy here.

That is what he said. Alistair tilted her head thoughtfully as she considered that. Yes, that was true, but the thing was that she didn't really enjoy her job.  I mean, she could put up with it but it's not like she was in love. Maybe a Guardian would have been more enjoyable as a rank for her, but she lacked the physical build to be one. In all honesty, she wouldn't mind going with Dynamic Oreo. . .

In fact, her heart leapt in her chest at the black and white dragon's suggestion. You might as well give her heart jumpropes.

Oreo's sad expression made Alistair speak quickly.

"Actually," began the Night Fury, "I. . . Wouldn't mind going with you." She blushed. The feeling in her heart was foreign to her, but it wasn't bad. . . Just unusual. Alistair smiled, hoping to brighten up her Royal Guard friend. "I would really enjoy that, actually!"

Ugh, that sounded so cheesy. . . but she said it because she meant it. And that is good.
Alistair
Alistair
NightWing Tracker
NightWing Tracker

Female Libra Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Dynamic Oreo Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:43 am

She didn't laugh at him. Instead, she actually agreed to his idea. The guard looked back at her, surprise drawn on his face. She meant it too, by the smile on her face. In a way, he couldn't believe that the dragoness would actually accept his idea, but at the same time he could, and he was glad. A small smile made its way to his maw. "Well, I have to be over there by the week's end and I have no clue how long the trip is going to take, so I was hoping to leave as soon as possible." Oreo paused before adding, "But, if you need more time, that's fine too." He didn't want to feel like he was rushing her or anything of the short.

Now that she had accepted his offer the guard felt... excited. He had a slight dread in his chest when he thought he'd have to leave without telling her goodbye. Now that he had, it was lifted. A new feeling replaced itself, a mixture between pride and some other happy feeling that made his heart flutter. Oreo had almost forgotten that he still needed to grab stuff too. "Would you meet me back here when you're ready? Unless, you wanted to come grab my armor with me," he invited, not hesitating this time with his suggestion. Oreo felt that he was fine with it because he could accept it either way, but maybe the dragoness was already changing the guard a bit for the better.

(Since PM's don't work here still I'll just drop this off here... enjoy <3 https://sta.sh/2wnmyrvuwvl?edit=1 )
Dynamic Oreo
Dynamic Oreo
Night Wing Royal Guard
Night Wing Royal Guard

Male Leo Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:30 am

((Squuueeeeee it's totally adorbs! Like all of your art. <3 it's precious ;ω; )

The smile on Dynamic Oreo's face made Alistair happy just looking at it. It made her feel like the words she uttered were all worth it. . . And now she got to go with him to the capital! Yay for friendship power!

The Night Fury continued smiling to her friend, the two fins at the end of her tail twitching happily. She was eager to go as soon as possible, to be honest. Now with a friendship blossoming between the Guard and the Tracker, Alistair had so many ideas for friend things going through her mind. But she had to accept that at the capital he may be just as busy as he was here.

"Sounds good." She beams. "I actually don't have any special personal belongings, so I'll go with you."

((Short post btw ;~; )
Alistair
Alistair
NightWing Tracker
NightWing Tracker

Female Libra Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down