Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Hard Choices (Private with Nihlus) Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Hard Choices (Private with Nihlus) Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Hard Choices (Private with Nihlus)

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hard Choices (Private with Nihlus) Empty Hard Choices (Private with Nihlus)

Post by Ignatius Sikum Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:24 pm

Tempest raises her paw in frustration, cracking her claws as she growls in annoyance. After So long, she still had so many things which she had to take care of. The guardians, sentinels and the most important role, no one seemed to be taking it. Deciding to take a break from this aggravating work, she stretched her wings and went for a walk through the FireWing halls. Tempests' claws gently rang through the quiet halls, which brought sadness to her heart. She'd have to change that-and soon.

She made her way to the lake, before she stopped and stared at it. She needed help with this, someone who could be strong enough to almost beat her in a duel, protect her people, and lead her beloved FireWings while she was busy, but no one seemed to fit this role just yet. "Maybe i'm just looking in the wrong places." Said quietly to her reflection, sadness woven through her voice.
Ignatius Sikum
Ignatius Sikum
FireWing Guardian
FireWing Guardian

Male Posts : 541

Back to top Go down

Hard Choices (Private with Nihlus) Empty Re: Hard Choices (Private with Nihlus)

Post by Nihlus Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:49 pm

Nihlus entered the great, towering Firewing palace, shrouded by the clouds of smokey ash above and dimly lit by the soft glow of magma. The familiar warmth that hit his against his scales as he crossed a bridge laid over a river of bubbling lava was comforting. He took a moment to breath in the gritty, smoke filled air. It smelled like home. He recalled the saying he had heard many times before; 'There's no place like home'. Oh how right it was.

As Nihlus climbed the stairs leading to the palace doors, he began to question his own actions. Would he be fit for the job? Was he ready for such a tremendous responsibility? What trials would he have to take? He grit his teeth. He was over-thinking it. He needed to remain confident and calm. The last thing he wanted to do was make a fool of himself in front of the queen.

Nihlus pushed through the palace doors to arrive at the main hall. A few guards confronted him and asked him his business in the palace. Nihlus told him he had been looking for the queen. The guards responded by telling him Tempest's location. Nihlus thanked them and continued on his way. After a while of getting lost around the palace's maze of corridors, he made it to the lake where he saw Tempest gloomily staring into the haze of the water. He approached slowly from behind, trying not to alarm her or disrupt her peace. "M'lady... I received message you were looking for applicants... I'd.. like to apply for a lieutenant position.."
Nihlus
Nihlus
FireWing Lieutenant
FireWing Lieutenant

Male Cancer Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Sikum Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:03 pm

Even though she never really mentioned it, Tempest specifically asked the small lake to be created because the stillness of the water helps her to calm down and think before she had to make rather rough decisions. When she head the voice, she turned her head to see a dragons who she wasn't quite expecting. Nihlus..? Could it be possible..? Tempest thought to herself, and when she heard him speak, she allowed herself a sigh of relief.

"Good evening Nihlus! Please, call me Tempest, there's no one else around." Tempest replied cheerfully, happy to have a new face around. She walked over to him, her head slightly tilted to the side as she looks at him. He had the right sort of build a second in command would need... But what was his intelligence like? Would he be able to stop her from her rampage if he had to? A thousand questions ran through her mind, and finally she decided to break the silence which she had created.

"The position which you are asking requires a lot from you. It is exhausting sometimes, and I have denied a few scrawnier dragons because I knew they didn't have the physical strength to be able to do what I need from someone at that strength... Please, Nihlus, how long have you been a guardian for, and what are your thoughts towards a Queen who can . . . sometimes not control themselves." Tempest asks, although she didn't want to scare them away from the position, she needed them to know how much would be required from them. It wasn't a position that she could just handout, but inwardly, she had high hopes for this dragon in front of her.
Ignatius Sikum
Ignatius Sikum
FireWing Guardian
FireWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihlus Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:26 pm

Nihlus blinked in surprise when her mood shifted so drastically. She had looked so torn no more than a moment ago. Her almost too-cheerful greeting had given him a little bit of a start. He eyed her questioningly as she circled him, examining him closely. He shifted uncomfortably and resisted the urge to turn and face her as she moved behind him. "Likewise.. Tempest." His deep, rather intimidating voice echoed across the smooth, pearly lake in front of him. The silence ate away at him, cutting deep into his confidence. Did she disapprove? A lump formed in his throat as he searched frantically for words. To his relief, it was Tempest who broke the awkward silence. He let his muscles loosen and drew in a deep breath, but continued to keep his cool.

There are so many requirements.. He realized. However, he supposed that was inevitable when applying for second in command. "17 years. Roughly." He replied sternly. "A queen who cannot control herself is met with serious disadvantages and risks. But I am certain she could manage if she could find a way to control sudden outbursts."
Nihlus
Nihlus
FireWing Lieutenant
FireWing Lieutenant

Male Cancer Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Sikum Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:47 pm

Tempest inwardly hit herself, she had heard his sigh and realized that she may have kept the silence for a little too long. But as he answered her questions, she slowly nodded, considering how he responded. He did have the experience and knowledge behind him, but how could she get her to show him? She would resolve those questions later, instead deciding to answer what he had said.

"17 years is a long time to be a guardian for, what have you learnt Nihlus?" She inquired, then nodded thoughtfully again, "I admit, a Queen who is like that can be rather bad in situations among small dragons where everyone are friends.. However, what do you think about one who could be like that on the battlefield? Yet, destroy almost anything in her path?" Tempest asked, rather calm about her uncontrollable moments.
Ignatius Sikum
Ignatius Sikum
FireWing Guardian
FireWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihlus Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:15 pm

Nihlus sighed as she asked him about his experience as a guardian. He turned his head away from her, refusing to look her in the eyes any longer. "I.. would prefer not to talk about it if that is okay with you." As you could imagine, his 'experience' was not a good one. However, he did indeed learn things. He learned things that he was oblivious to as a young one... Things that no dragon should learn. That no dragon is innocent... That life is cruel and punishing.. That sacrifices have to be made... His gaze slowly lowered. From this, his once soft heart grew a shell of solid stone, leaving him a ghost of his former self. Nihlus frowned, narrowing his eyes. "They would be a great ally in battle... However.. Some fights are not all about brute strength.. but instead wits.." Unfortunately, Nihlus had a tendency to forget this.
Nihlus
Nihlus
FireWing Lieutenant
FireWing Lieutenant

Male Cancer Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Sikum Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:21 pm

Although Tempest was a little surprised that he denied her request, she nodded a few times, considering his words. "Considering you have denied my request, I am going to assume that the experiences which you have had are rather... Either unpleasant or embarrassing. However, I see no guilt in your eyes, so I am assuming that they were rather bad experiences. I'm extremely sorry for the negative things which have happened to you." Tempest said quietly, her tone was rather regretful due to what Nihlus may have experienced. She raised her paw, gently placing it on his shoulder as she smiles at him. "I would not be too concerned about wits. I'm rather... Good with those sorts of things, but I always consider what others have to say. I am honestly a bit concerned about physical confrontations. However, you may not know this but I should tell you, I will never hurt a fellow FireWing, especially ones from my tribe... So how would YOU stop me after a fight is over, or before a fight began?" Tempest asked, figuring that Nihlus may have figured out that she was talking about herself. He looked like he may be a rather promising Lieutenant.
Ignatius Sikum
Ignatius Sikum
FireWing Guardian
FireWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihlus Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:53 pm

Nihlus simply nodded, unsure of what to say. Although, he wasn't quite pleased by the pity. He needed to appear strong, capable and unhindered by his past. Those who let their past decide their future were weak.  Being weak was unacceptable for a lieutenant and he needed to act like one if he were to get the position. Nihlus snorted, puffing smoke into the air.

He flinched in surprise when Tempest placed her talons on his shouder and smiled. This was unexpected, to say the least. The queen had a soft spot.. He wasn't sure if this was a good or bad thing, but he didn't linger on it too long. "Thank you."

When Tempest asked how he would stop her in the event that she attacked a fellow Firewing.. he was shocked. That was when he realized, Tempest was talking about herself. A queen who's a danger to her own subjects? He frowned. Were they aware of this when she was made monarch? Nihlus thought about her question for a moment, surrendering to the silence before breaking it again. "I would try to contain you and do everything in my power to keep you away from your subjects, even if that meant risking my own life to your rage."
Nihlus
Nihlus
FireWing Lieutenant
FireWing Lieutenant

Male Cancer Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Sikum Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:35 pm

Tempest nodded, a sad smile on her face as she took her paw away. Placing it on the ground, she let out a small sigh, allowing her weariness to show for once during this discussion. She really was getting pressured by everything that needed to happen, as it didn't seem like much had been happening. The festival needed to be finalised, a few more things done... Tempest chuckles a tiny bit at the realisation of the things which had to happen still. "You don't need to be strong all the time, remember that, and be strong when you need to." She said, a rueful grin on her face. Then she frowned as his expression changed. Shock. She almost felt awkward, until he broke the silence.

"I feel like I need to assure you, I would never harm any of my beloved FireWings. An incident in my childhood haunts me, and I took an oath never to protect them. " She explains, thinking she may have been a little unclear, "What will you do after a fight between two tribes, if I were still unable to control myself?" Tempest inquires, a spark in her eyes... Maybe she maybe needed to show him what she was like when she was angry... But she didn't know.
Ignatius Sikum
Ignatius Sikum
FireWing Guardian
FireWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihlus Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:03 pm

Nihlus, opened his mouth to speak but closed it again, letting out a breathy sigh. What would he do? Lock her up? It was cruel but it would work. Keep an eye on her 24/7? It would be exhausting but would likely work. Have guards accompany her wherever she went? Perhaps.. Try his best to calm her down? That was more of a last resort..

Nihlus grunted, frustrated with himself. What would he say? Finally, after a while of intense thinking, he cleared his throat and spoke. "I suppose it depends on the severity of the situation..."
Nihlus
Nihlus
FireWing Lieutenant
FireWing Lieutenant

Male Cancer Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Sikum Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:08 pm

Tempest noted his uncertainty, and how long it took for him to think about the question. It took her much longer than she anticipated for him to come up with an answer, and she nodded again, it was a good answer, but Tempest decided to give him the answer which would best suit her. "You don't need to have guards around me, all I would need is for a fellow FireWing to pin me, and as I will never hurt my kin, I would eventually calm down and regain control of myself." She said, a smile on her face. She really did like this dragon, maybe he could be her lieutenant.
Ignatius Sikum
Ignatius Sikum
FireWing Guardian
FireWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihlus Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:20 pm

Nihlus lifted his head up to look at her, his grim expression fading and his lips peeling back into a cheerful toothy grin, something he hadn't done in a very long time. "Well then, that won't be a trouble for me at all." He let out a slight chuckle. "If you don't mind being a little crushed, that is." From the way things were playing out, he could tell the 'interview' was going quite well. He just hoped it would stay that way.

(So short ;-Wink
Nihlus
Nihlus
FireWing Lieutenant
FireWing Lieutenant

Male Cancer Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Sikum Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:30 pm

Tempest frowns, she didn't like the idea of being crushed, but sometimes that may be the only way to get her to end her rather insane mode. But she still had just a few more questions that need to be answered...

"Crushing isn't ideal, but I suppose that if you have to do that, then that's fine... However, I need to ask you if this, if I were called away for a meeting between tribes, do you think that you could take care of our tribe while I was absent? And do you think that you would be able to spare the time to accompany me on some of these voyages?" Tempest asked, not really knowing how much she was saying. She honestly was just worried about her kin if she had to go, what if they were invaded? Or she was captured and killed, they wouldn't know that she was gone until it's too late.. She needed someone who could control the tribe if such a thing ever happened.
Ignatius Sikum
Ignatius Sikum
FireWing Guardian
FireWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihlus Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:42 pm

Nihlus smirked at her reaction. However, her next question wiped the smirk right of his face. He frowned. Take care of the tribe alone? He had almost forgotten about this specific role of a lieutenant. The thought of running a tribe while the queen was away was intimidating to say the least. A dragon that assumed leading was easy was a fool. He considered the responsibilities thoughtfully before coming up with his answer. "I am confident that I would be able to maintain a leadership position while you were away and I have more than enough time to spare to accompany you."
Nihlus
Nihlus
FireWing Lieutenant
FireWing Lieutenant

Male Cancer Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Sikum Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:33 pm

Tempest nodded, slowly considering his answer. His answers were very appropriate thus far, but she was a little worried as to if he would actually be able to do this. So instead of just granting him the position there and then, she allowed a small smile to appear on her face. "If you were able to, may you please explain to me what you would do if an invasion occurred while I was out at a meeting between leaders?" Tempest asked, before walking over to a wall which was near covered with different bottles. "Would you like a drink as well? It helps me to think, but I must warn you, they are rather... Spicy beverages." Tempest smiled, and accidentally made it look a bit vicious as her razor teeth were exposed to him for once.
Ignatius Sikum
Ignatius Sikum
FireWing Guardian
FireWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihlus Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:27 pm

Nihlus took another shaky breath. It appeared he had answered correctly.. correctly enough. He lashed his tail and awaited her reply.

Now that she had given an example of a scenario, it didn't seem that difficult. He thought about his options carefully. He raised a brow when Tempest walked over to a rack of beverages mounted on the wall and offered him a drink. He wouldn't lie; A drink sounded great. His dry, cracked throat reminded him how thirsty he was. After all, such a hot and dry climate was bound to make even a Firewing beg for a drink after too long. He nodded and moved forward, toward her. "Of course.. And considering my options, I would send out troops to defend immediately and order a few messengers to inform you of the invasion. Then I would have the citizens rounded up and given shelter within the palace to avoid any pedestrian causalities."
Nihlus
Nihlus
FireWing Lieutenant
FireWing Lieutenant

Male Cancer Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Sikum Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:01 pm

Tempest glanced at him as he answered, before reaching up on her hind legs to take down a few dragon-sized beverages. He past one to him, and drank a few mouthfuls of hers as well.
"That's a good response, I will admit. It's more organised than 'get everyone clear of the city and have no front line defense.'. I was given that option the other day, but... I honestly do not think that that is the best way to do things." Tempest said, a bit of a rueful grin on her face. "So, lieutenant Nihlus, one last thing..." She deliberately faltered, letting the silence fall once again, "Do you like NightWings, or do you think badly of them?"
Ignatius Sikum
Ignatius Sikum
FireWing Guardian
FireWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihlus Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:24 pm

Nihlus took the drink in his talons and took a gulp. Instantly, he recoiled, wrinkling his snout in disgust. It felt as if his tongue had burst into flames and was now being peeled of it's taste buds. He parted his jaws, letting his tongue roll out to the side of his mouth and allowing the air to soothe the burning sensation. He wish he hadn't take so much in one gulp. Now he regretted it.

Nihlus simply nodded his head in agreement. Wait.. Lieutenant? Tempest had called him lieutenant. Did this mean he got the rank? He blinked in surprise. When Tempest mentioned Nightwing's he hissed violently. "They are foul and heartless. They are a tyranny." His talons dug into the ground, flexing in agitation. "Of course.. Their armada is much too strong. I would never want them as an enemy. I'm no fool."

Last edited by Nihlus on Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nihlus
Nihlus
FireWing Lieutenant
FireWing Lieutenant

Male Cancer Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Sikum Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:03 pm

(( Oh, she was saying that the idea which someone else had come up with was rather bad... Do you want to edit the post? ))
Ignatius Sikum
Ignatius Sikum
FireWing Guardian
FireWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihlus Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:26 pm

(Edited)
Nihlus
Nihlus
FireWing Lieutenant
FireWing Lieutenant

Male Cancer Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Sikum Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:25 pm

Tempest visibly flinched back at his sudden anger, the outburst almost frightening her-but that would be ridiculous. She slowly recomposed herself, nodding at what he had to say. Maybe she should be more cautious when talking about the tribes, she knew very little of them as she grew up in the comforting wings and care of the FireWings. "So you don't exactly... Like them, is that what you are saying? I am unsure as to why my FireWings think that they are so... Well, as you have said yourself Nihlus, 'foul and heartless'. I do not understand the anger between the two tribes, maybe I have missed out on a few things, please, can you inform me why you dislike them so much?" Tempest asked, her voice only wavering the slightest as she tried to make sure that Nihlus wouldn't suddenly become angry once more.
Ignatius Sikum
Ignatius Sikum
FireWing Guardian
FireWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihlus Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:36 pm

Nihlus sighed deeply, closing his eyes briefly before opening them again, void of anger. "What they did to the rogues was.. unacceptable. To drive so many dragons out of their only home and enslave them.." He peeled his fiery gaze away from Tempest's directing them to the wall beyond. The Nightwings had a history of cruel actions, however, their most recent 'expansion' had left Nihlus furious. Sure he could be cruel and cold-blooded himself but... at least he had some heart. His mind drifted off, stopping him from finishing his sentence.
Nihlus
Nihlus
FireWing Lieutenant
FireWing Lieutenant

Male Cancer Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Aquarius Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:40 pm

Tempest nodded slowly at what he had said. She had heard of what wicked things which they had done, but she didn't think it was true... But she continued to wait for him to finish his sentence. Then as he didn't, she tilted her head to the side, a frown on her face. "Umm... Nihlus, have you finished?" Tempest asked hesitantly, awkwardly shifting her weight from one paw to the other. She didn't know what else to say, fearing that she may have angered her new Lieutenant.
Aquarius
Aquarius
SeaWing Guardian
SeaWing Guardian

Female Posts : 150

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihlus Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:52 pm

Nihlus shook his head, snapping back into reality. "I had nothing more to say anyway." He said lowly, turning his head to look at her again. "Do not worry. You didn't anger me.. The subject is just.. touchy for me. You may proceed." He regretted snapping at her like he did. Guilt tugged as his heart, making him frown.

(short >:I)
Nihlus
Nihlus
FireWing Lieutenant
FireWing Lieutenant

Male Cancer Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Sikum Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:10 pm

Tempest lowered her head slightly. She understood that some dragons can have a bit of anger management issues, especially her FireWings, but she didn't expect to actually be yelled at. But nevertheless, it was an experience which she would rather have by a dragon who was close-ish to her over anything else. "Nihlus, I didn't mean to step on any claws, my apologies if I have... However, that being said, I have another question for you... What were the previous leaders like? Do you know them?" Tempest inquired, as she genuinely didn't know a lot about them, and she was hoping that he may be able to fill in the blank areas of her mind.
Ignatius Sikum
Ignatius Sikum
FireWing Guardian
FireWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next