Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

HYRUU V NIHLUS (OASIS) Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

HYRUU V NIHLUS (OASIS) Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

HYRUU V NIHLUS (OASIS)

4 posters

Go down

HYRUU V NIHLUS (OASIS) Empty HYRUU V NIHLUS (OASIS)

Post by Arkhor Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:30 pm

Hyruu Rolls First

Battle Location: Oasis

For More info:
http://www.rpgdragons.org/t3124-the-grand-tournament-event#41541
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

HYRUU V NIHLUS (OASIS) Empty Re: HYRUU V NIHLUS (OASIS)

Post by Hyruu Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:33 am

((Two things, first I'm going to use Seyn for this tournament. So yes this is going to be a Semi-god battle ^^ And second I'll be pretty busy the next two days, so slow replies ><))

Seyn looked around him as he reached the area that had been designated as the arena for the upcoming duel. Sand, sand everywhere. This would be a really treacherous ground. Especially considering his opponent, which was none other than the Icewing Semi-god. The combination of sand and ice could end up surprising... Well, it wasn't like himself didn't have any card up his sleeve. A very interesting place for a duel.

Despite being only sand, the area was actually quite diverse in terms of forms. A few areas featured high sand hills, but some others were completely flat. The Oasis in the middle seemed to be the only water spot miles around, and also the only place a few palm trees dared to grow. The air was extremely hot, and the Golden dragon wondered if it was at his advantage. He didn't really have any particular resistance to the heat, he just held it pretty fine since he liked basking under the sun, like every Lightwing. But what about his opponent? Would he be bothered by the heat?

Since he was the first to arrive, Seyn decided to wait near the Oasis and sip some water. The duel hadn't begun yet, so maybe it could be an occasion to strike a conversation with his opponent. This was a friendly competition after all.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihlus Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:01 am

(Extreme heat, huh? Might be a problem for Nihlus.)

Nihlus had agreed to join the tournament. Not because he wanted to prove himself but because he felt rather inexperienced. It was a great opportunity to see for himself the varied fighting styles of his opponents and perhaps even learn a few things. He landed in the soft, shifting sand, kicking up dust in his wake. His gaze turned to Seyn who was waiting patiently near the Oasis.

Nihlus snorted, icy mist pouring from his nostrils. It seemed the duel hadn't yet begun. He made his way to the Lightwing's side, keeping in mind that the Lightwing could be tricking him, luring him in like a fish only to strike when he got close enough.

The heat already started to itch at his scales. It was annoying but not enough to significantly weaken him. He stood quietly next to the Lightwing, unsure of what to say.
Nihlus
Nihlus
FireWing Lieutenant
FireWing Lieutenant

Male Cancer Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:40 pm

Seyn slightly smiled as he saw another dragon landing near the Oasis. Sure it was his opponent, but until the dual began they both were two dragons. Well two gods actually. The Golden dragon gestured Nihlus to come closer from the water.
"Welcome, Nihlus. Don't worry, the duel hasn't begun yet. After all we're the ones to decide when it will, right?" he greeted the Icewing.
Seyn looked at the water, wondering if he should take another sip. Not drinking enough would be dangerous in this environment, but drinking too much would also be an hindrance for the upcoming duel.
"It's pretty hot in here, isn't it? I love basking under the sun, but that's a bit too much for me... You must be thirsty after your flight. Why don't we recover a bit under those palm trees before we begin? The water's surprisingly fresh, actually." he added with a sincere smile.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihlus Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:16 am

Nihlus sighed in relief when Seyn didn't lash out. No hard feelings. After all, it was a friendly battle. His muscles loosened and he relaxed, letting his shoulders slump. He smiled at Seyn. "Thank you. You are Seyn, correct? It's a pleasure to meet you." He scratched at his arm, his hooked claws scraping the dust out of his scales. "I don't preform as well in the heat. Perhaps you'll be the victor."

(So short. I didn't have much to go off of.)
Nihlus
Nihlus
FireWing Lieutenant
FireWing Lieutenant

Male Cancer Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:18 am

Seyn nodded at the Icewing.
"It is a pleasure to meet you too, Nihlus." he greeted back the Semi-god.
He had a small sigh as Nihlus commented on the heat actually bothering him. That was to be expected...
"It would be a shame to win because of the location. I don't really know what they thought when they chose it... I guess you could cool down a bit with the water here. It's not really cold, but it's surprisingly not that warm." the golden dragon suggested.
Seyn looked a bit around at the scenery. If it wasn't for the duel, it could actually be a nice place to spend some time in... that is, if you could withstand the heat.
"You know, I am wondering if we shouldn't get away from this oasis for the duel. It would be a shame to damage this place, since it's the only nice place to rest in miles around... What do you think ?" he asked.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:52 pm

OOC: Hyruu, just letting you know, unless you spoke with Arkhor, you can't really change the location of the fight, one of the reasons being that it isn't fair for the other combatants in their matches in favourable/unfavourable environments.
Sly
Sly
NightWing Enforcer
NightWing Enforcer

Male Posts : 619

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:58 pm

((I wasn't suggesting making the fight in another environment. I was just meaning going a few hundreds meters away from the oasis to avoid destroying it, since a semi-god fight could have some impact on the environment, and Seyn would rather keep the oasis intact to relax after the fight :p Unless the desert is less than a few hundreds of meters large ?))
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:59 pm

OOC: No worries. Just a little heads up (although the setting would have been the desert instead Razz )
Sly
Sly
NightWing Enforcer
NightWing Enforcer

Male Posts : 619

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihlus Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:56 pm

(So sorry! I didn't know you had responded ;-;.)

Nihlus chuckled, his deep, rumbling voice seemed to make the ground underfoot tremble. He tilted his snout to the sky and grinned, his pearly white fangs glinting sharply in the sunlight. He glanced to the side at Hyruu, his shocking blue eyes surprisingly warm in nature. Oh but then I wouldn't be able to do this.

Nihlus outstretched his hand and placed it just above the water. The water began to freeze over, a thick sheet of ice creeping from one end to the other. When it was fully frozen, Nihlus charged forward, onto the slick ice. He slid forward and slammed down his back talons, catching the ice and spinning around to face Hyruu. He dug his front talons into the ice as well to keep him from slipping any more.

Nihlus snorted, mist flowing from the sides of his nostrils and smirked slyly. This is supposed to be a battle, am I mistaken? His pupils dilated into tiny slits and he snapped his jaws open, letting out a long and earth-shaking roar. Thin strands of saliva were draped around his teeth, making him all the more menacing.
Nihlus
Nihlus
FireWing Lieutenant
FireWing Lieutenant

Male Cancer Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:39 pm

((Just a reminder, you're facing Seyn. It's just that I'm too lazy to change account every time ^^))

Seyn tensed as Nihlus was about to do something, really to deflect an attack if needed. But the other Semi-god seemed to be fair as well, since he didn't engage an attack on him. The golden dragon got a grin, switching to a stance that was more appropriate for a fight.
"No, you aren't. But eh, I really hope you know a nice place not too far for after the fight. Let's begin then !" he replied.
After all, since Nihlus wasn't at his advantage in the hot desert, he could let him use the only source of water available. Now that he was thinking about it, since the air was so dry the Icewing would have trouble freezing the air, meaning the water actually was his most dangerous weapon.

Alright so how should he proceed ? Nihlus was now in the middle of the lake, and it was obvious he would not get away from it. Was he going to attack physically ? Seyn was bulky enough to withstand physical attacks, but deflecting magic was way harder. He would have to close the gap or he would end up in trouble. On the other hand, he didn't know Nihlus's abilities yet.
Seyn simply stood where he was, near the border of the water, remaining stoic despite Nihlus's roar. While it looked like he was doing nothing but waiting, the ice right around the Lightwing seemed to melt.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihlus Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:07 pm

( Whoops. I meant to Seyn.. just typed Hyruu D; Also, this will be a short post as well. )

Nihlus made the first move as Seyn failed to attempt to assault him. He spread his jaws, drew in a sharp breath of air and exhaled a stream of freezing breath directed at Seyn. He took a defensive stance, his body semi-low to the ground and threw his tail out in front of him to shield his front side.
Nihlus
Nihlus
FireWing Lieutenant
FireWing Lieutenant

Male Cancer Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:56 am

((I think we have to decide how big the oasis actually is, because the way I imagined it if Nihlus is at the center and Seyn at the edge he's only going to feel a cold breeze XD))

Seyn was a bit too far to be really affected by Nihlus's breath, but nonetheless the golden dragon backed a few steps away. The Icewing seemed ready to deal with a frontal attack, which wasn't at Seyn's advantage. But nonetheless, he had to try.
Suddenly Nihlus would see nothing but darkness. A sphere that appeared black from the outside now surrounded him, blocking all light from reaching the Icewing. Of course this prevented Seyn as well to see what the Icewing was doing. But to him it wasn't a problem. Using the surprise this would cause, the golden dragon rushed to the side of the oasis and then toward the center. His plan was to ram Nihlus on the side while the Icewing wouldn't be able to see what he was doing... that was, unless he moved out of the zone. But that usually wasn't the instinct one had when getting blinded like this, since there was no way to figure it was just a zone of darkness.

((Check Seyn's bio if you want more detail on how the sphere exactly works, it's the Dusk ability))
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:47 pm

Inactivity Warning!

24H to post Nihlus
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihlus Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:25 pm

((I keep missing the posts ._. Anyway. I think I'm going to have to let Seyn win this one since I have a lack of creativity and I just don't have any interest in this anymore. No offense.))
Nihlus
Nihlus
FireWing Lieutenant
FireWing Lieutenant

Male Cancer Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:42 am

Alright,

Seyn Wins
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down