Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Father and Child Bonding Time (Cygnus/Sul and El) Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Father and Child Bonding Time (Cygnus/Sul and El) Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Father and Child Bonding Time (Cygnus/Sul and El)

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Father and Child Bonding Time (Cygnus/Sul and El) Empty Father and Child Bonding Time (Cygnus/Sul and El)

Post by Svadilfare Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:04 pm

The Pride of Kryo hated the sweltering heat of the desert. It was far better than the suffocating atmosphere of the fire dragons, however. How the people of Gynaikes were able to survive there was beyond him. Maybe that was why the women came to Kryo in search for a husband; what they really wanted was a reprieve from their fire-y home. Svad stopped his horse at the top of a sand dune. Below was the tent city of Ammos. A 'city' of refugees and outlaws, Ammos was home to those who had none. The only permanent structure to be found here was an armory in which everyone's weapons were locked away. It was to ensure Ammos remained a peaceful, crime-free place. It was hard to believe it had been almost a decade since Svad was here last. Then, he had just been passing through with Nari Taloe, a fellow assassin and Svad's greatest rival. That had been the plan, anyway. A legendary Manticore had been attacking Ammos and the two assassins stayed to help.

As Svadilfare coaxed his horse into moving down the dune toward the camp, he looked down at the small figure seated in front of him. His youngest son, Cygnus was sound asleep, partially covered by a cloak. It was a tradition of the Kryoan to take one of his children with him on a trip. He had done it with his eldest children and continued it now. It was a nice way for father and son--or daughter--to bond. And it gave them an opportunity to see their world before they went out on their own into it. Svad had decided Cygnus would be the first of his five youngest children to go. On these trips, Svad never conducted business. He refused any job offered, no matter how much it paid. Usually, he never had any specific reason for choosing the place he and his child traveled to. This time, however, he did; he was going to visit a friend.

Sul Iolar was an expert marksman, rivaled by few with bow and arrow. Though he was often away, Sul called Ammos home. Svad hadn't thought to find out beforehand if the marksman was here, so he hoped he was. By the time they had reached the bottom of the dune, Cygnus had awoken. "You should take your human form now, Cygnus. We're almost there."

Svadilfare

Male Posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Father and Child Bonding Time (Cygnus/Sul and El) Empty Re: Father and Child Bonding Time (Cygnus/Sul and El)

Post by Súl Iolar Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:43 am

Cygnus' eyes slowly opened as he awoke, beginning to look around before hearing his father tell him to shift into his human form. He quickly shifted, his blue hair in a mess, before seeing the tens in the distance. The young hybrid turned his gaze up to his father, asking him "Are we camping, Papa?"

Meanwhile, within Ammos itself, Sul Iolar and his daughter Elizabeth, better known as El, walked through the camp-turned-city's market area. The marksman was looking for some food to prepare later, as well as any loose lipped trappers that would give up any keeps or camps they had. The girl, meanwhile just looked around at the various stands, messing around with one of her dragon figurines.

Sul smiled as he watched his girl happily run around the street. He had often worried that she would eventually hate the small place, but El always seemed quite happy in her home. It was then that he heard a fiddle's tune, and felt his daughter tug on his hand so they could go see. "Ok, El. I'm coming."
Súl Iolar
Súl Iolar

Male Posts : 190

Back to top Go down

Father and Child Bonding Time (Cygnus/Sul and El) Empty Re: Father and Child Bonding Time (Cygnus/Sul and El)

Post by Svadilfare Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:44 am

Svad chuckled at the question. "No, son, we aren't going camping. This is Ammos; we're going to see a friend." A few minutes later, father and son made it to the camp. Svad lowered Cygnus off the horse before jumping down himself. "Well, let's see if we can find him. Markets are usually the best place to start, especially if you don't know where the person lives." The warrior took hold of his son's hand and began making his way toward the market area. "I came here once with your mother. It was back when we first met. She didn't accompany me here, though. She stayed on the dunes and watched from a distance."

Svadilfare

Back to top Go down

Post by Súl Iolar Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:27 am

”A friend,” Cygnus asked. He looked around at all the people. This was different then Kryo. Everyone back home kinda dressed and talked the same way, but everyone here looked and sounded different. It was cool to the young hybrid. Once he and his Papa got to the market, he listened with a curious gaze as Svad told his short story. ”Coow.” The little boy looked back at his dad. ”Papa, what’s your friend look like?”

Meanwhile, Súl and El had found the source of the music. The musician appeared to be a woman from Gynaikes, yet, at the same time, not a warrior or assassin. She was playing a viola with a fidder style, filling the market with a nice, less high-pitched tune. El could help but smile hearing the unique song. “It’s beautiful,” she remarked, then decided to have some fun and dance along. The marksman just smiled at his daughter, clapping along to the beat as he watched her dance.
Súl Iolar
Súl Iolar

Back to top Go down

Post by Svadilfare Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:53 am

"Let's see... Well, it's been a few years since I saw him last. I'd imagine he'd still carry his bow and arrows about with him. Perhaps he still wears that brown cloth around his mouth..." Svad looked round the market, amazed at how at home the people were in the hot desert. He let Cygnus' hand go after a bit, let him have a little freedom to roam, but kept a close eye on him.

Svadilfare

Back to top Go down

Post by Súl Iolar Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:04 am

Cyg looked walked a short ways, looking around the market before hearing some music. It only entered his ears for a moment before the playing ended. He looked around, trying to find the source of the music. The young hybrid couldn't figure it out though.

Meanwhile, Súl smiled as the woman gave a bow. El clapped some as the music finished, but her father soon stopped when he noticed a familiar face. The marksman couldn't help but chuckle as her told his daughter to follow him. Once close, Súl smiled and said "Long time no see, Svad."
Súl Iolar
Súl Iolar

Back to top Go down

Post by Svadilfare Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:00 pm

There was a difference between someone simply running in your direction, and someone running after you. Svadilfare was well aware of the difference; he could almost feel it. And to him, it felt the same as being followed in the dead of night. The assassin couldn't know, however, that the hurried steps coming up behind him were that of a child. It was not something one took the time to consider when being run down. So when the footsteps got just far enough away for the person to not have time to divert their course, Svdilfare stopped and turned sharply, suddenly, as he drew one of his swords and held it outward. At the same time, he'd grabbed Cygnus by the back of his shirt with his right hand and pulled him to stand behind his back. And then he saw his would-be assailant... a girl of about 11 years old. As quickly as he had turned and drew his weapon, the Kryoan warrior simultaneously lowered his blade and lifted his right arm, outstretching it. His palm collided with the girl and stopped her in her tracks, likely to give her a brief coughing fit.

And then Svad heard a familiar voice. "Sul. It's been a while, hasn't it?"

Svadilfare

Back to top Go down

Post by Súl Iolar Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:48 am

El let out an "Oof" as she ran into the palm. It did get a slight chuckle out Súl as he kept his daughter from falling over. He then looked back up at Svad, who would notice the brown face-cloth was pulled down around the marksman's neck. "It has been a long time. So, how've you...." Súl then looked down and noticed Cygnus, who stayed close to his father now. El waved a bit at the young boy, who waved back. "And who's this here?"
Súl Iolar
Súl Iolar

Back to top Go down

Post by Svadilfare Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:27 pm

"I'm extremely glad not to now have a child's death on my conscious. And I've been well. Since we last met, I've remarried and had more children, one of which is this one here. This is my youngest son, Cygnus. Cygnus, this is the friend we came here to find, Sul. And..." Svad trailed off and looked at the girl. "Should I assume this one is yours?"

Svadilfare

Back to top Go down

Post by Súl Iolar Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:28 am

Súl smiled at hearing that Svad had found love again, and had more kids. It was always interesting to see the Kryoian with his kids. He was also a little surprised to hear that he had told his young son, and probably other younger siblings, about him. Svadifare then asked about El. The marksman just smiled. ”Yep. This is Elizabeth, but she prefers to be called El.” El looked up at the man, though she stayed quiet. Súl then spoke up again. ”Well, why not we head to my home. Get out of the sun. Can’t imagine either of you are too comfortable out here right now.”

Cygnus meanwhile had begun to look around, looking back at his father, Súl, and El a few times as he did. Once he heard the idea of going the hooded man’s home, the boy smiled and looked excited. ”Can we, Papa?”
Súl Iolar
Súl Iolar

Back to top Go down

Post by Svadilfare Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:19 pm

The Kryoan looked at the young girl and smiled. "Hello, Elizabeth." He then nodded to SuI. "We certainly aren't. Kryo may be cold, but it is home and the most comfortable for us. I don't know how you could live here." Svad looked over at his son and nodded with a smile. "Yes, Cyg, we can. Come and say hello to El."

Svadilfare

Back to top Go down

Post by Súl Iolar Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:42 am

Súl couldn’t help but chuckle. ”And I don’t know how you stand the cold in Kryo. Come on. It’s this way.” As Súl began to lead the way, Cygnus walked up to El and smiled.

”Hi! My nomes Cygnus.”

”Hiya Cygnus. I’m El.”

After some walking, they would come to a larger tent with a door. ”Here we are.” Súl and El then went in, and the marksman laid his bow to the side.
Súl Iolar
Súl Iolar

Back to top Go down

Post by Svadilfare Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:13 am

The Kyroan followed the Marksman of Ammos to his home. The large tent they came to reminded Svadilfare of the time he came here to carry out an assassination. It was after he had met Celestia. Svad removed his shield and one sword, propping them up beside Sul's bow. He looked around the desert dwelling. "This is a nice place you have here, Sul."

Svadilfare

Back to top Go down

Post by Súl Iolar Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:16 pm

Súl smiled at Svad's comment, quickly saying "Thanks. May not be a permanent yet, but hopefully it will be some day." As everyone walked in, El looked back at Cyg. "Wanna see my dragon figures?"

"Sure!" El soon led her new friend to her quartered off room in the tent. Inside was a kukri sword, some scattered toys, and a small collection of dragon figures. She was happy to show off the little collection, which was something she loves. She began to show Cyg some of the figures, even saying where some of them came from. He was interested in all of them. They seemed more... they... looked more like dragons than most dragon toys he'd seen. Cyg soon got so excited by the cool figures that he nearly let his powers slip.

Meanwhile, Súl offered Svad a seat before speaking again. "So, you said Cygnus is your youngest. Have you had anymore kids since we last met?"
Súl Iolar
Súl Iolar

Back to top Go down

Post by Svadilfare Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:23 pm

Svad glanced at his son before sitting. "Yes. Three girls and two boys. Aurora, Andromeda, Elara, Jericho, and Cygnus here."

Svadilfare

Back to top Go down

Post by Súl Iolar Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:51 pm

Súl smiled at his friend, chuckling a bit. ”Sounds like you and your wife have your hands full.” Súl sometimes had enough trouble with El, let alone caring for four other children. He the looked over at Svad. ”Good to see you taking time to focus on one of them.”

Meanwhile, Cyg and El were looking at the rest of the figures. ”Have you ever seen a dragon before? You have a lot of figures.” The girl smiled.

”Yeah. A long time ago. Wish I could see one again.” The little hybrid thought for a moment, before speaking.

”Maybe you could see one now?”

”How?”

Outside with the adults, Súl was about to tell Svad something before hearing a yell. One that sounded like El. Súl quickly got up and went to look before seeing an... interesting site. There was El fawning over Cygnus in his hatchling form. ”El! Where’s Cygnus? Where’d that hatchling come from?”
Súl Iolar
Súl Iolar

Back to top Go down

Post by Svadilfare Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:24 pm

Svadilfare might have gotten up before Sul did. They heard El scream, and for Svad, that could only mean one thing. He had hoped it wasn't the case. But there was his son, in his dragon form. To his surprise--if surprise were the right word to describe what the Kryoan was currently feeling--El was hugging Cyg. "Cygnus! I told you the rule, didn't I? I was very clear: you are not to change in the presence of anyone that is not family!" He picked up Cygnus and held him up to his face. "I've told you that almost every day. Why would you do this?"

Svadilfare

Back to top Go down

Post by Súl Iolar Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:36 am

Súl looked gave Svad a shocked look, while El looked a bit sad. Súl was trying to figure out how in the world the hatchling could be Cygnus. That... that wasn’t possible, right? El on the other hand was sad at herself for kinda being part of getting the younger boy in trouble. Cygnus, meanwhile looked at his father, not able to see much else really, before nervously saying ”B-but El said she liked dwogons and h-hadn’t seen one for a long time.” El the jumped in.

”He’s right. When he changed I thought about mentioning you stopping tra.... Súl still looked confused, trying to understand what just happened, but when he heard El, he gave her a crossed look.

”El! I told you not to talk about that.”

”I didn’t say anything.” The Marksman of Ammos just rubbed his temples.

”You almost....” Súl sighed a bit, then looked at Svad with a hint of a smile. ”Ok, let’s start at square one. What’s going on here, and how is Cyg a hatchling?”
Súl Iolar
Súl Iolar

Back to top Go down

Post by Svadilfare Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:15 pm

"I don't care what she said, Cygnus. You're never to show this side of yourself to anyone!" He set Cygnus down, wordlessly expecting him to change back. He then stormed out of the tent, ignoring Súl's question. The Kryoan walked until he was nearly half way back to the dune he and Cygnus had gone down to get to Ammos. By then, he had calmed down enough to realize he shouldn't have left Cygnus, even if in the care of a friend. Svad turned around and began to walk back.

Svadilfare

Back to top Go down

Post by Súl Iolar Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:31 am

Cygnus quickly changed back once he was put down, look about as guilty and sad as he could get. He almost didn't notice his father storm off. But he was honestly to sad to say anything. Súl quickly told El to pick up Cyg and they went after Svad. The Marksman of Ammos still didn't quite understand what was going on, but he hoped he could talk to the assassin about it.

As they walked out, Súl noticed the Kryoan walking back. He let out a sigh of relief as he approached him, something small in his hand. Once he got to the man, Súl quickly began to speak. "Svadilfare, before you storm off again I want to show you something." El looked surprised when he said this, while Cyg just looked confused. The archer then opened his hands to reveal a glassy white dragon scale. "I may have lied when I said I learned to speak dragon from my mother. And don't worry. This is just a shed from the dragon that taught me." He then looked out across the dunes. "I also may not be a mercenary first."
Súl Iolar
Súl Iolar

Back to top Go down

Post by Svadilfare Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:31 pm

The Kryoan, though calmed down, seemed disapproving of the Marksman's decision to follow him. He looked down at the dragon scale and listened as Sul explained its origin and how he was able to speak the dragon language. He was already looking at his son and El when Sul mentioned something about his work as a mercenary. Without a word or change in his expression, the warrior-assassin continued walking back to the tent. Once back, he retrieved his swords and found a place to sit. He removed a whetstone from his satchel and began sharpening the blades.

Svadilfare

Back to top Go down

Post by Súl Iolar Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:40 pm

Súl gave his friend a nervous look as he walked back. It was clear Cygnus looked a bit worried too. This couldn't be good if his Papa wasn't speaking. The three followed Svad back to the tent, where Súl quickly told El to head to her room so he and Svad could talk. She only got as far as the door, but at least it was something. Cyg also watched from where El was, not wanting his Papa to be too mad. The marksman then sighed, and looked at his friend.

"Look. I know I lied about things Svad. How I learned to speak the Dragon's language, being a full time mercenary, but.... My daughter, my mentor, and one other person know what I actually do, cause if everyone knew.... I don't want what I do to get them killed." Súl pulled out the scale again. Having a serious look on his face. One that showed he was looking back to his past. Almost a hurt look at times. El and Cygnus both walked up closer to listen in, with Cygnus walking up to his father. "Papa? Pwease don't be mod." The boy, having already shown his abilities, shifted to give his dad big dragon eyes.
Súl Iolar
Súl Iolar

Back to top Go down

Post by Svadilfare Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:55 am

The warrior assassin didn't look up as Sul spoke. He didn't look at his son when he approached. The Kryoan simply sat there in silence, sharpening the edges of his swords. He paused only to inspect his work then continued at it. When he finally finished, he turned his attention to sharpening his knives. When that, too, was done, he retrieved and began polishing his shield.

Svadilfare

Back to top Go down

Post by Súl Iolar Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:56 am

Sul seemed to get even more nervous, but sighed and continued. "My mother was, indeed, a dragon keeper, but she didn't teach me to speak their language. I didn't want to follow in her footsteps so she felt it was a good idea to throw me in a keep to 'teach me respect.' Well, thankfully the dragon in there, Fulax, the dragon who's scale this was, took a liking to me. He taught me the language, and how to speak it. After a few more years I freed him and the others my mother kept. Took my grandfather's bow too. And I didn't stop there. Barski taught me how to be a mercenary, but that wasn't all I was doing. I... I couldn't just let dragon trappers keep on capturing more dragons when I learned just how much like us they were. I ransacked camps, destroyed traps, freed captured dragons, you name it. I did sell-sword work for money, but that was far from my job. So that's why I lied. That's why I keep it from so many that I trust."
Súl Iolar
Súl Iolar

Back to top Go down

Post by Svadilfare Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:59 pm

Svadilfare listened in silence, almost indifference, as the marksman told his story. By the time it was over, the Kryoan had finished with his weapons. Still refusing to speak, he stood finally from where he'd been sitting. He gathered his things and began walking out of the tent, beckoning Sul, El, and Cygnus to follow. He walked until they reached the stable. Svad retrieved his horse and put Cygnus on it, climbing on after. Then he waited for Sul. After, he led the way as they traveled to Kryo.

Svadilfare

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next