Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

help... Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

help... Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

help...

+3
Rii Rii
AuSurath
Fallen Soul
7 posters

Go down

help... Empty help...

Post by Fallen Soul Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:22 pm

Hey guys... I'm kinda depressed right now. ShadedDeath hasn't been on a whole lot. It's been at least a month or more since i last saw him.I log on every day and hope he's online. but he never is. I keep hoping but now I'm at the point where it just hurts to not see him... I keep wondering why he left. Was it something I said? I just don't know... to make things even better i can't stop thinking about my dog, she died this February... I cry every time I think about her... In fact I'm crying as i type this... And to make it EVEN BETTER my grandparents tried to kidnap me and convert me... please don't be mad at me when i say this... I'm Atheist. I've lost several friends by telling them... I'm not a heartless monster like people think Atheists are! Please don't hate me... My grand parent tried to make my Christian but I'm Atheist! it's who I am! I don't want to change! but it seems like the rest of the world does...I am never seeing my grandparents again because of that.

I'm sorry for dumping all this on you guys... but please... If you see Shade tell him that i miss him. PM me as soon as you notice he's online... And also please help... I'm depressed and I don't wan't it to become worse...
Fallen Soul
Fallen Soul

Female Aquarius Snake
Location : In that the tree. No not that tree THIS one! No,no,no THIS ONE. Left. Left, keep going... Keep going. STOP! okay go right a bit... Yes! I'm in this one.

Back to top Go down

help... Empty Re: help...

Post by AuSurath Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:47 pm

No, it wasn't. Don't worry.
http://www.rpgdragons.org/t4159-sorry-again
AuSurath
AuSurath
NightWing Hatchling
NightWing Hatchling

Male Posts : 321

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallen Soul Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:49 pm

Thanks Au, that helps, knowing that It wasn't my fault.
Fallen Soul
Fallen Soul

Female Aquarius Snake
Location : In that the tree. No not that tree THIS one! No,no,no THIS ONE. Left. Left, keep going... Keep going. STOP! okay go right a bit... Yes! I'm in this one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:40 pm

For a side note... I don't understand why people get so outraged when one of their family switches religion or decides to well.. you know just not be the religion they grew up with. I was the same way, not thiest, but grew up with very christian grandparents who tried to constantly convert mom and me. (we lived with them for financial reasons) Grandma threw a fit when she found out mom was wiccan, and I am just like.. floating in multiple ideas of which religion to take. I just knew I wasn't christian or catholic. Me personally I go by this bit here...-> So long as you don't flail your religion in my face raving about it or telling me what I do is wrong (like praying out loud by me or mentioning your religion or even just speaking about it is totally fine, even having a debate about the history of religions or philosophizing about them is awesome) then I have no problem with anyone around me no matter what religion they are.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

http://www.tribalcorn.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:31 am

Don't blame it on yourself, I'm pretty sure that if they left, ShadedDeath reasons that were not simply not wanting to see you. There are plenty of reasons as for why someone would poof off the forum, it happened a lot already (even with people to which my characters were paired to ><). That sucks, but sometimes people are just bored with rping or don't have the time to, whatever the reason may be. So don't blame yourself for that. It's unlikely that you're the reason there.

As for your grandparents, well... That kind of sucks. Religion isn't something that should be forced on someone, but sadly there are not enough people realizing this. Not even mentioning that I'm pretty sure doing that kind of stuff is against many values the Bible conveys. (I'll leave the others confirm it. I still need to read the Bible by myself).
You won't get hated on because of your beliefs here. Neutrality in religion is something that is actually mentioned in the rules, so any harassment because of beliefs is even a thing we'll act against. So don't you worry about that. I'm atheist myself, and hopefully never really had to deal with the kind of stuff you went through. Well it's also right that religion is much less present than in the States (if that's where you live).

I actually have a friend who's a Protestant, with an impressively opened mind. He often makes some events during which we eat and discuss about some passages of the Bible. Well, let me tell you this guy actually managed to get Atheist, Protestants, Catholics and even Muslims to his studies on a regular basis. It's sad not many people are like him.

So yeah. Not sure what to say else, if maybe to try and stand for yourself, and don't blame things on you. Shaded probably didn't leave because of you, and you're an Atheist, so what? People are not you. If they don't like it... Well, it's their problem. Not yours.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Neru Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:40 am

I would just like to say, in terms of religion, that keep in mind you are not alone. Millions of people are Atheist, and millions more aren't even Christian. I'm Wiccan!! More of the world is non-Christian than are Christian, Christians just like to make it seem like they're everywhere. Don't let the beliefs of others alter yours, or let you believe that your thoughts are less. As a person under the same persecution, I can tell you it will get you nowhere. So please keep that in mind, and if you need a person to talk to, please PM me. I was an Atheist before I discovered Wicca, so I can understand what you're going through, somewhat. Just stay strong and keep to your beliefs. They are valid.
Neru
Neru

Female Posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:42 am

Keep religious claims off the forum please. Not everyone believes Wicca is true and valid, like how not everyone believes other things are true and valid. Use pms only with the other members consent.

Thank you.
Oculus
Oculus
NightWing Leader
NightWing Leader

Male Aries Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Neru Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:14 am

Why not keep religious discrimination off of this forum, Ocu? How about that? I was simply stating a fact. Never did I attempt to push my faith on any other person in this thread. Never did I use PMs without consent. I invited her to PM me if she wanted somebody to talk to.

The fact that you chose to ignore the 2 other people that stated their religion but pounced on me is wrong in so many ways, and highly insulting. So thanks. And until all other people on this forum are requested the same thing, no, I will not be hiding my religion because you wish it to be hidden.
Neru
Neru

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrex Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:48 am

Fallen, know that there is always tommorow. I promise things will eventually get better. Your grandparents, admittedly, are a bit.. How do I put this politely. There's loads of things I'd love to say, but anything that comes to mind is, well, illegal.

I agree with Rii Rii over here. Why are people so angry? Its not the end of the world. I get that people like your grandparents were raised with the catholic religion and all that, but if they love you, they should support you through what you want!

A friend of mine was raised a catholic, but she's headed down the Buddhist road (nothing wrong with either religion) and her family is supporting her. I can't wrap my head around your situation. You poor flower.

Just know that if you need someone to talk to, you've got me. Talk to your school or if you're even IN school, I'm not sure, and talk to your parents about it.

Remember, YOU are YOU. You are BEAUTIFUL, you are WHO YOU ARE. If they can't accept that, then don't give them the time of day. You've got more important things to be doing then dealing with that kind of bull.
Atrex
Atrex
LightWing Healer
LightWing Healer

Male Posts : 289

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:56 am

"Christians just like to make it seem like they're everywhere."
"Just stay strong and keep to your beliefs. They are valid."

I am not being discriminatory. I'm simply saying that you are not to make claims on different religions. I never said you were using pms without consent, I was merely suggesting if you wanted to talk in depth with someone about your religion, do so in a on with their consent. Nor did u request you to hide your religion. Imsaidmto not make claims that one religion is true over another. You can state your pastafarian for all I care.
Oculus
Oculus
NightWing Leader
NightWing Leader

Male Aries Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallen Soul Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:13 am

Thank you all for trying to help anyway, I really appreciate it.
Fallen Soul
Fallen Soul

Female Aquarius Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Neru Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:50 pm

"Use pms only with the other members consent."

I can play the quote game too! And yes, you did, through that comment, claim that I was using PMs without another member's consent, which is a blatant lie. As for your quotes:

I'll start with the second, because it's a very easy thing to misunderstand if you weren't raised on the belief as I was. All religions are valid, no matter what the belief. Because, all a religion takes to be valid is one person. One person that believes in it makes all the difference in the world, because from that moment, the religion is valid. Therefore, Christianity is valid if you believe in it. Wicca is valid because I believe in it. Atheism is valid because other people here believe in it. So no, I wasn't making claims on religion, I was stating a fact that I believe most people would have no problem with. It holds no harm against anybody.

As for the first comment, that is how that religion was built, on the idea that they are the 'true' religion, and that all others must be converted. It was a simple statement of cact, that still holds true today. Not because it's a bad thing, but because it's a base belief of their religion. That their God is the true God.

Now. "Keep religious claims off the forum please." That is a statement that denies all religious claims. That would include my claim for Wicca, as well as the two other claims for Atheism we see on this thread. The fact that the message was directed only at me implies that you are targeting myself, and Wicca, singularly. Which, yes, is racially discriminant.

So do not attempt to reprimand me when I have done nothing wrong.

Fallen Soul, I apologize for not forcing my pride to allow him to push me down. It was wrong, considering that this was a thread in which you were requesting help. I will not be replying there again.
Neru
Neru

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:33 pm

first off, I made a statement. I said to use pms to talk about it, if you have the consent of the other member to do so. My statement was not only directed at you, but everyone minus the valid comment. If you purposefully wish to take things out of context, I can't stop you, but not once did I ever say "Neru, do not PM's without their consent." I said to pm others if you have their consent to talk about religious things.

And that is fine to say their ideas are fine, but the way I read it in the context of things was that you were saying it is ok to be Wiccan because it is true. That is what I had a problem about. If this was poorly worded or read, then I apologize.

As for the Christian comment, it can easily be seen as discriminatory, some said to not make claims about any religions, either your own or others.

I said keep religious claims off the forum, meaning to not make claims on different religions. Period. I never said you cannot be Wiccan or aethiest or Hindu or whatever, I said to not make claims on the forum. This is an rp site, not a religious argument place. Sure, you may not have meant to have it sound like you were saying Wicca is valid and therefore the truth, that is just how I read it and made the warning to EVERYONE to keep religious claims off the thread.

Now, if you wish to keep discussing this, you can do so on skype or pm, but please refrain as this is fallen' thread. Sorry fallen for the inconvenience.

Oculus
Oculus
NightWing Leader
NightWing Leader

Male Aries Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum