Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

The Death of a Goddess - Page 2 Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

The Death of a Goddess - Page 2 Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

The Death of a Goddess

+6
Cordath
Arkhor
Aerouant
Monsoon
Frey
Celestia
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Death of a Goddess - Page 2 Empty The Death of a Goddess

Post by Celestia Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

[OOC: This is a topic for anyone in the family. Those outside the family may join too but only if your looking to adopt. The hatchlings I would consider active are Celestia, Monsoon, Helios, and Luna.]

The sun was shinning brightly in the sky super heating Astral's black scales making her uncomfortably hot. Normally weather conditions wouldn't effect her however she had lost the protection Paradox's powers provided. For whatever reason Paradox had passed on. Perhaps he had an identity crisis and couldn't stand what he had become any more. Or maybe she had grown very attached to Nimbus and when he left or rather was kicked but it broker her heart and she couldn't bear his absence. She after all did have the emotions of a female. In any case he was the only thing keeping the copy of Astral's conscious sane. Now that he was gone she fell back into depression. Walking off her territory as if leaving everything behind Astral wondered into a desert bringing along some highly toxic plants with her and ingesting it. It wasn't long before her torment in this world was over. Although at that very moment Nimbus would realize that Astral was not the real Astral.

It had been 3 days now since she or any of her siblings had seen their mother. Celestia was starving. As a hatchling she relied on her mother to feed her. She ended up having to take charity from one of her siblings. Either way she and her siblings were very worried. Their mother was never gone this long especially without giving any warning.

Celestia couldn't take it anymore. She used an ability of her her mother made bot Celestia and Luna promise they would never use, but Celestia was no breaking that promise. In an instant Celestia saw everyone the light touched all at once. It was super overwhelming and took some practice and will power to figure out where her mother was. Eventually she found her and shouted to all her siblings. "Moms in trouble!" she shouted before taking off out of the den and heading for her mother.

What she found was a horrific sight. Her mother's corpse was being eaten by scavenging raptors. Using her powers Celestia quickly dispatched the opportunistic monsters though a couple seemed to have gotten away. The young Night Fury approached the corpse of the goddess, trying to ignore the exposed insides and stench. "Mom wake up." She said nudging her mothers head. "Mom!" She shouted a little louder. "Mom wake up!" She shouted her voice and body growing shaky as beginnings of tears began to well up in her eyes. Celestia continued to shake her mother and beg for her to wake up her continuous tears falling on the lifeless black scales below her. Celestia refused to leave her mothers side.

Last edited by Celestia on Sat May 23, 2015 10:15 am; edited 4 times in total
Celestia
Celestia
Goddess of the Moon and Stars

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

The Death of a Goddess - Page 2 Empty Re: The Death of a Goddess

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:59 pm

Baldirak didn't react to Tenebris' arrival as he had to the FireWing's. Perhaps because he hadn't approached from behind him. A slight dip of the head was all Baldirak could manage to give. A faint and saddened sigh left his maw when he saw the smallest Hatchling hide beneath her sibling. How scared she must be, to have himself and the two other Dragons, only one of which may be familiar to her, surrounding her. It was bad enough Baldirak was a giant EarthWing, but to have a FireWing there too? He laid down and lowered his head to the ground. His voice remained soft and gentle, so as not to scare her further. "It's alright, Little One," he said to the Hatchling that hid. "I know you are scared. But no one here will hurt you. We all wish to help you." He paused and his gaze shifted to Astral's body. The EarthWing's tail came forward to coil around the talisman he wore. His eyes began to water a little and he snorted lightly as he looked away. He had followed the Goddess with such devotion... and now she was gone. "...I cannot nor will I make you leave your mother behind. If you'd like, I can help you take her back home, that you may give her a proper burial." He said this more to Tenebris than to the Hatchling, raising his voice slightly so he could hear him. Baldirak went to speak to the Hatchlings again, but the NightWing started speaking so he remained silent. And something told him they were more likely to want to go with a fellow NightWing, so he scooted away. Yet his instinct to protect these Hatchlings that had suddenly found themselves without a mother was too strong to allow him to leave. So Baldirak lay just a feet from where he'd been originally, intently watching the Little Ones and glaring at the other two Dragons--though somewhat unwillingly--as if he suspected their only reason for being here was to kill them.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:57 pm

[OOC: We should all split up and get adopted by different peeps. I'll be going with Tene]
Celestia knew she was suppose to be the future NightWings semi god so it made sense for her to go to the NightWings and this NightWing was offering his protection. Of all times she wanted protection now the most plus not to mention he was at least familiar to her. Celestia felt like going over to the NightWing but also didn't want to leave her sister. Eventually Celestia came to a decision and walked on top of the NightWing's paw. She hoped her sister would follow her.
Celestia
Celestia

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:03 pm

((But Baldirak wanted to adopt Celestia Sad ))

Baldirak watched as the small Hatchling went over to Tenebris and he relaxed slightly. His gaze then shifted to her sibling and he wondered what she would do. He knew it was best for the siblings to stay together. He looked at the FireWing again. If she didn't go with her sister, perhaps she would go to one of them.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by StarDust Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:29 pm

StarDust was off on a long adventure but suddenly had a feeling to go back home. So she turned around and headed back to den. As she got closer to her home the more she could feel a atmospheric sadness. Getting closer she could see a few more dragons then normal in the dessert.
Slowing down Star saw a glimpse of her mother. ' No...... Mother.......' Star's eyes started to water and started to sniffle. Once she got to her mother Astral she was crying historically. "Mommy...." Star said under her breath and she nudged she mother with her snout. " Mommy its time to get up.... Please...." Star then climbed up on her and pushed down. " Mommy Please get up!" Star couldn't see much through all the tears in her eyes knowing her mother was not there with her anymore. Star laid down on top of her mother muttering nothings in her mothers ear hoping she would get up.
StarDust
StarDust
NightWing Hatchling
NightWing Hatchling

Female Posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:55 pm

The EarthWing looked up when he saw a third Hatchling arrive. His heart ached as he watched her try to wake her mother. He let her alone for awhile, but then finally found the need to speak. "I am sorry, Little One." Baldirak felt himself thinking back to a similar day in his past, yet he had been alone, with no one to offer a comforting word. He looked down again and felt his tail move forward to the Hatchling; he stopped himself. He rested his head down beside Astral's body, his left eye watching her child. His right eye still watched the other two and wished he could take the three of them away from this terrible scene. But all he could do was offer some words of comfort and protect them from any ill-intended Dragons that might come by.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:39 am

Watching solemnly as the young hatchling moved atop his paw, Tenebris wanted to appear more dignified yet his heart sunk at the scene. As the other hatchling entered he remained with his head lowered and spoke barely above a whisper to Celestia in his calm calculated voice "I cannot offer words of comfort in this moment, as there is little to what I can say which will lift your spirits. Know though that you'll be safe, and your mother will never be forgotten, the tragedy will always hurt but you must continue and push onward to define your fate", releasing a small sigh of emotion he inclined his head towards the other hatchlings, his paw still extended and after a moment of paused silence he craned his neck over to face Baldiraks hulking mass to before speaking "The Hatchlings can't linger here any longer... If we've come across such a scene it can be assured others will as well, for their own safety they need to be elsewhere". Finally he spared a look at Astrals corpse as a grave feeling over took him, his emotions were radiating although he maintains what little elegance he could as he spoke once more to Baldirak "She deserves to be brought to rest within NightWing lands, it is much to ask but please in the name of the serenity Astral represented. Take her there, it'll be a little ease for yourself given your size...".
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:48 am

For a very long time, the EarthWing did not respond to Tenebris. It was as if the NightWing's words had been missed altogether, or perhaps ignored. In fact, Baldirak scarcely moved but to breathe. When he finally did speak, his words were distant and pained, his voice quiet as not to be heard even in complete silence. "The wind may blow hard, but its effort must be great to move the smallest of objects. We Dragons are matched by none in battle, but a Human could bring us down with a well placed spear. I may be great in size compared to you, NightWing, but it will afford me no ease in carrying her..." Baldirak fell silent again for another but shorter length of time before continuing, "No, they cannot stay here. Nor can we force them away. Go if you must with her," he said with a slight glance to the Hatchling in Tenebris' paw. "I will remain here with the other two a while more and see them safely home."
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:42 am

Celestia didn't know what to say. This stranger was awful at comforting her. Her mother always knew the perfect thing to say to make her feel better, at least he was trying and his words did have some comfort to them. She said nothing as she laid down on the NightWings paws. Celestia said nothing as the NightWings and EarthWing conversed. Didn't help she didn't know any of their names. She also was utterly confused with EarthWings's cryptic talk on why he couldn't lift her mother. It wasn't till he mentioned taking her siblings home that she finally spoke. "What home?" Was all she said in a sad tone.
Celestia
Celestia

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:46 am

What home? The Hatchling's words echoed in his ears and he found himself again thinking of a day this one all too much reminded him of. What home? Baldirak stood and moved to where Tenebris stood, lowering his head to his paw that he might see the Hatchling better. "The one you will have among your fellow NightWings, Little One. I know it is of little solace and will never replace the home you had, you loved. But in time you will find a new home in the same place is better than one in a new world." The EarthWing then reached around his neck to remove the talisman he wore. Behind it was a smaller one, exact in every detail. Baldirak removed this smaller talisman and placed it on Tenebris' paw before the Hatchling. "...I made this to show my devotion to your mother's teachings. I often wondered if that were her reason for making me her Prophet..." his gaze fell to Astral's body once more as he turned his head briefly. More to himself, he added, "How cruel is fate that I might find myself in her presence to inquire this, only to be unable to ask? Forgive me, Little One, this is no time for me to lose myself in my thoughts. But I wish you to have this," he went on with a flick of his tail to the talisman. "I know at the moment it may mean little to you, but perhaps it may offer some comfort that words cannot." After returning his talisman to his neck, Baldirak lifted his head and moved back to lay beside Astral's body and to watch the other two Hatchlings once more. "...My name is Baldirak." he finally said after another bout of long silence. It was really more of an afterthought than a direct attempt at easing some of the fear that Astral's children were feeling.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:34 pm

Tenebris was well versed in many things, yet the exception was hatchlings being as well reserved and distant as he was, even despite the acknowledgement he had towards the current feelings they radiated and knowing all to well that he too shared such at one point it was difficult for him to move past any formalities. His reverence to Astral was devout and thus so was his regard of her offspring, as such at Celestias words it took a long moment of silence for him to register and calculate an answer and as he opened his maw, Baldirak spoke before him, which he gave silent praise for and spared a brief nod towards him in gratitude.

Tenebris allowed the EarthWing to speak, his admiration for him in this moment was absolute and he regarded him as such "I understand the others will be under your care, despite the tragedy for what its worth you have my appraisal. I'll take Celestia for now, I leave this scene with a heavy hear but it must be done...". He gave a large inhale as he contemplated for a brief moment before he spun effortlessly and with vigour despite his raises forepaw, he lowered his head as he snout was only inches away from Celestia as he offered a soft smile of affection to calm her before once more softly speaking "Know that I'll keep you safe beyond all comprehension, I will maintain a role of both guardian and custodian to ever watch after you, your grace. Where I take you, you may not regard as home, but you'll have a place there and there'll always be comfort for you and of utmost importance you'll have security". As he posed himself, taking his more dignified dominant posture once more he inclined his head at the Hatcling in his paw "I hope you have remembered me little one, my name is Tenebris".
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:34 pm

Celestia was a little surprised she wasn't terrified by the giant EarthWing. Normally any stranger bigger than her which was every stranger in existence frightened her. This one was especially big but for some reason she was unafraid. Wait this was mom's prophet? Celestia remembered her mother saying good things about him she never thought she'd actually meet him. She felt sad the goddess he followed was dead now. Which only added to her sadness since said goddess was also her mother. "You can be my prophet." Celestia said innocently and putting on the talisman he gave him, though it was a little big for her.

The NightWing then lifted her up and gave her more words of comfort. He also finally gave his name. "I kinda remember you" Celestia said in response. "My names Celestia" She then hopped off his paw and jumped on his snout spreading herself on it in a sort of awkward hug.
Celestia
Celestia

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:44 pm

However sad a smile it was, Baldirak managed to give one to the Hatchling. "I would be honored to be your Prophet, Little One." he replied with a familiar moisture coming to his eyes. His head lowered once more onto his right paw.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerouant Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:56 pm

Aerouant nodded and cuddled into his mother, licking her snout before closing his eyes. But he didn't go to sleep right away. The Hatchling laid there, listening to the pattering of rain on the leaves. "Okay, Mama..." he finally said before drifting off to sleep.
Aerouant
Aerouant

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:11 pm

Freezing in his actions for a moment his eyes widened, physical affections was not something Tenebris was accustom with yet he understood the Hatchlings desire, and within this moment he gave a soft smile. As he turned he reared upwards slightly onto his hind legs, making utmost care not to knock Celestia from his muzzle as he spread open his wings, his form ever majestic and regal as he stood there for a moment, his eyes shifting back to Baldirak and the other Hatchlings one finally time before he comically looked back down at Celestia as he spoke in a whisper "You may want to get onto my back before we make haste".
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:40 pm

The EarthWing's pale gaze lifted as Tenebris took to the air with the Hatchling on his back. Now it was he and the other two siblings who remained--Baldirak had all but forgotten the FireWing still standing behind him. He was finally starting to feel the sun, ever so warm against his scales. It made him quite uncomfortable. But he couldn't leave, not now, not yet. Unconsciously, his left paw reached up to grasp his talisman. He began to think of the Goddess he had served so faithfully. In turn, his thoughts led to her Hatchlings, particularly the one that had just left. You can be my Prophet. Her words had brought him more comfort than he was sure he'd been able to give. Baldirak's gaze fell to the Hatchling still lying atop her mother, to the other still sitting in silence. What would become of them? If he could have, the EarthWing would have taken all three into his care. Perhaps he could at least care for these two, if they wished. Perhaps he might only be able to take one. But his devotion to the Goddess would not end with her death. If it were to be the only meaningful thing he would do with his life, Baldirak would protect all of Astral's children and adopt at least one.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2