Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Neru (3.0) Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Neru (3.0) Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Neru (3.0)

+5
Arkhor
Asailia
Aera
Celestia
Neru
9 posters

Go down

Neru (3.0) Empty Neru (3.0)

Post by Neru Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:48 pm

Personal Info
Name: Neru

Personality: Those who know Neru well might describe her as a bit of a wild card. Due to her contact with the Void and NightFlare during her younger years, she never developed the sense of humanity that many dragons tend to have. She holds little love for life other than hatchlings, whom she holds a liking for. What small sense of right and wrong that she does have is geared towards hatchlings, in fact. This is to the point that the few adults she knows and tolerates are the ones that she knew as hatchlings. Outside of those special few, she interacts with others only grudgingly. She'll speak to others, as well as tolerate their presence, but there's an easy flip between her standard of toleration and her standard of somebody crossing the line. Because of this, it's not uncommon for her to decide she's done with a conversation, and either attack or simply fly away.

As well as this, she's not a very touchy dragon. Touching her without her consent or without knowing her well is practically asking to be bitten. It's due to this she's not very adept with romantic interactions of any sort. It's on this front that her bias with hatchlings again becomes clear, as they're the only creature's she'll tolerate landing or climbing on her, with the exception of some animals.

Even with her lax attitude, Neru is a dragon that, if she were human, would be diagnosed with ADHD. Many things only hold her attention for a short amount of time; she can often be found flitting about like a hatchling when she's alone. She spends much of her times in air or trees, seeing little point to spending time on the ground. The only time she sits still for long periods is when she's sleeping or napping (which can be quite often) or on the hunt.

Interests:
Flying: Despite it being a common interest among dragons, Neru is very invested in flying to the point that she is rarely found with both feet on the ground.

The Night Sky: Considering that she was born among the stars, Neru views them as her true home, and can often be found out flying at night, or in a tree, simply staring at the sky.

Freedom: For much of her life, Neru was trapped, whether it be by the Void, her parents, or her own insanity. Now that she's (almost) free of all these trappings, she revels in it, seeing it as a necessity for living.

Dislikes:
Bright Light: Neru blends better in the dark, both through her ability and through her scales. Bright lights leave her feeling exposed and unsafe, so oftentimes she avoids them.

Unknown Situations: Neru is one that likes to know perfectly what is going on at all times, and how it affects her and the situation she's currently in. Unknown facts are something she isn't all that fond of, as they leave her unable to gauge what is going to happen. These situations are one where you'll often find her ready to attack at any time.

Orders: To her, Neru is an independent being, even despite being a member of the NightWings. As such, any sort of order thrown in her direction will find a situation where she does the exact opposite. The only few she'll listen to are those who send her on scouting missions.

Fears:
Traps: As explained above, Neru was trapped for much of her life, and finds the idea of them, at this point, to be absolutely abhorrent. Even the mention of one will leave you seeing teeth and flames.

The Void: Having been trapped by it before, Neru holds a fear for the Void that is deep-ridden but would never admit to it.

General Appearance
Height: 15ft (~4.5m)

Scales: Neru's scales are minuscule, folding over each other nearly seamlessly, almost to the point where it seems like she has none. The good most of them are black, with a light blue clouded pattern ranging over them. Even atop that pattern is a scattering of white dots, similar to stars. It all comes together to give her the appearance of a small blue nebula against a night sky.

Eyes: Neru's eyes are a shade of medium blue, with pupils that tend to dilate with her mood.

Appearance: Neru is a small creature, with a body type typical of a wyvern, that being two feet and two wings where a dragon's arms might be. She is blue, white, and black in color, with scales linked so tightly together than running one's knuckles over them would reveal that they're almost soft in texture. Even so, underneath them is a layer of darker insulation fibers, similar to those on her tail but black in color. Her wings are extremely large compared to her body size, a trait acquired due to her breed's affiliation with flying nearly all night long, and at times the day as well. These wings also have two sharp claws on the joint, to help her grip objects when she lands. Her tail is long and whiplike, often used to help her balance when perched upon trees or other thin objects. The end of it is covered in a tuft of long, thin fibers similar to fur, most of which are the same blue color as the clouded patches of her scales. Her head supports two horns that extend out and back, resting close to her neck when she holds her head parallel to the ground. She has no spikes or sharp points on her back or body, other than her head and her feet, which each sport three black, razor-sharp talons.

Tribe Information and Status
Tribe: NightWings

Inheritance: Purebred StarWing

Family:
Father ~ Nebula
Mother ~ Pulse
Brother (Same clutch) ~ Elkas
Sister (Same clutch) ~ Aurelia
Half-Sister (Younger) ~ Starla
Half-Brother (Younger) ~ Solaris
Half-Brother (Younger ~ Comet
Half-Brother (Younger) ~ Horizon

Mate: None.

Hatchlings: Though she loves hatchlings, she has none of her own.

Skills and Abilities
Strengths: Neru is a dragon built purely for speed. She's not very strong, physically, but tends to err towards using her speed and agility to her advantage. Her wings, which are proportionally larger than a SkyWings, are built for top speeds, which is what earned her her old nickname of the Shooting Star.

Special Abilities:
Invisibility: Neru has the ability to blend completely into her surroundings. This requires energy and is often easier for her to maintain at night than during the day. This ability depends purely on her scales, which blend into the background similar to a chameleon, but much more detailed. Colors closer to the colors on her scales are easier for her to adapt to, which makes hiding in places like the ocean easier for her than hiding in, say, a tree. Because her scales are bent towards this ability, they are softer and smaller than the scales of many other dragons, similar to chain mail, but without the holes.

Plasma Blast: Neru's second ability is one of her more offensive ones, that being her breath attack. It's composed exactly of what you might find inside of a star, and often explodes after a few seconds of contact with oxygen. These form as small pockets of heat inside her stomach, which she regurgitates. As they exit her throat, the heat of both the inside and the outside burns through the protective layer surrounding it, and causes it to explode once it becomes too thin, much like a balloon when filled with too much air. Her body can only make eight of them at a time, and they generally take about an hour to form.

Dangerous Saliva: Neru's saliva is flammable and poisonous to all but her own kind, namely StarWings. The poison is secreted from a sac on the underside of her throat and is the only reason her saliva is flammable. It comes with the severe weakness, however, of being able to catch fire if flame somehow touches her mouth while it is open. Her mouth is generally more flame resistant than a humans', but not fire-proof in the slightest. She can easily get third-degree burns if a good hit to her mouth is made, and she can't access water to put the fire out. As such, she rarely uses this outside of hunting and safe situations.

Weaknesses:
Scales: Built for camouflage and protection against the cold of space, her scales are thin and rather easy to penetrate.

Shot Limit: Unlike most dragons, Neru has a shot limit when it comes to her breath attack, leaving her with a need to have more care in battle.

Daylight: Her camouflage ability is harder to use in the daytime, which can cause trouble if she tires out too quickly on occasions where she needs to be unseen, such as when she's scouting.

Flammable Mouth: If she has the misfortune of touching fire to any part of the inside of her mouth, the entire thing could catch fire, causing huge injury.

Wyvern Body: Given that she has only two legs, she's at a weakness when it comes to battles on the ground, as she is neither quick nor nimble.

Combat Style:
When hunting, Neru likes to lie in wait, invisible and still. When her prey comes within her line of vision, she shoots it with a plasma blast, or, on rare hunting trips, jumps onto and breaks its neck. On occasion, she may leave a small piece of prey out, covered in her saliva, in an attempt to kill any larger creature that might attempt to steal and eat it.

In battle, she prefers to use her invisibility as a defense and her breath attack as an offense. Many of her attacks stay in the long-range spectrum if the attacker is aware of her, her tactic erring towards a shoot-and-dodge type of maneuver. If they are unaware, she is more likely to try and get close, either blasting them on the face or slitting their throat. If she is forced into close-range battle, she may finally use her saliva, often licking the attacker and shooting the spot to cause more damage. However, she prefers to stay airborne in her battles at all times.

Background
History: Neru was born among the stars, with only her mother, her father, and her siblings as her company. For a few years, it was a happy family relationship. Neru loved her family and loved her home. It wasn't until Neru was three that she began to change. She began to feel trapped, caged in her own home, enclosed behind her parents and siblings. Part of her knew that this fear was irrational, that it didn't make sense, but it plagued her all the same. Eventually, this fear took over her, and she fled her home and her family. She landed in Pyrria, deep in the NightWing territory, and from there found herself wandering about the land.

NightFlare soon found her, and took her in, corrupting her mind even as she filled it with information. While much of the information was useful, much of it was also ways to kill other dragons. However, the Void that soon came to clog her brain with its ways taught her that there was no harm in this; that killing was a natural behavior. For many years, she stayed with NightFlare, learning from her and following her. By the time NightFlare found her home broken into, and fled, Neru was an adult.

After being cut loose from the insanity that had plagued her so long, Neru found herself wandering the territory once more, living off the land and doing little but watching the lives of others. It wasn't until recently that she began working as a Scout, though even now, she's far more unstable than the average NightWing prone to crack an attack at random intervals.

(Short summary but it works.)

RP Sample: Last night had been a cloudless one, complete with a full moon so bright it had almost been like a night of daytime. It was a sort of night that Neru dreamed of when she woke to evenings of rain and clouds. So, it was no surprise that she stayed up all night and even far into the morning. This was an act only strange when one walking among the light of day caught a glimpse of her flying above, as out of place on the morning sky as a black sheep among a field of white fluff. With a night as such as that, it didn't seem all that different for Neru to be draped over a tree branch, deeply surrounded by the dreams that held her mind like a steel trap. She took no notice of the dragons around her, even the few hatchlings that stopped to tease her with the soft fur of her own tail. In fact, she wouldn't have woken until the night was closing in once more, had she not been roused by the sounds of snapping twigs, and the squeal of a hatchling below her.

The tree creaked dangerously as she started into wakefulness. Considering it was already bent with the weight resting atop it, it was a question of whether it would survive much bouncing and jostling. Thankfully, however, Neru didn't find herself testing that limit, simply rolling off of the tree and taking to the air. The branch snapped up high behind her, and probably would have given her away, had the hatchling below not been so preoccupied with its own fear.

Partially out of sleepiness, and partially out of curiosity, Neru found herself gliding after the hatchling. It took her a good hundred yards or so before she remembered to turn invisible, the discreet actions that pursuit required slipping past her loose mind.

By the time they reached rogue territory, Neru was more alert, and highly aware of where they were. She was used to traveling the Rogue lands; after all, they couldn't find her very easily. A hatching wandering around, however, was easy prey. Even as that realization hit her Neru drifted closer, pushing down the stray thought that pushed her mind to give in and test the sound of ripping flesh on her ears. Instead, she perched on a tree, watching with boredom as the hatchling dove into a stream, finding her way to the berries along the edge within moments. It was at that point Neru drifted the closest she'd dared since she woke, peeking curiously to see if the berries were poisonous.

She wasn't sure if she was disappointed or relieved that they weren't.

(This is Asailia/Wisp, even though I'm not using them right now XD Just so people know who I am.)

Last edited by Neru on Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:51 pm; edited 4 times in total
Neru
Neru

Female Posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Neru (3.0) Empty Re: Neru (3.0)

Post by Celestia Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:58 am

I'm sorry you went through all the trouble of making this before being informed but we are no longer accepting StarWings apps.

https://rpgdragons.forumotion.com/t1712-important-shutting-starwings-down
Celestia
Celestia
Goddess of the Moon and Stars

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Aera Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:36 am

.....I already own this character. I'm updating her application xD
Aera
Aera
IceWing Tracker
IceWing Tracker

Female Pisces Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:21 am

What did you update?
Celestia
Celestia

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Aera Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:27 pm

Personality and such. She went crazy, so things changed.
Aera
Aera
IceWing Tracker
IceWing Tracker

Female Pisces Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:36 pm

If it was just a personality change this would have been fine but you updated your abilities as well with is not ok.
Celestia
Celestia

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Aera Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:04 am

I did? *Facebook* I did! I completely forgot about that. What's not okay about it? Besides the fact that I think I put the update in the wrong section....
Aera
Aera
IceWing Tracker
IceWing Tracker

Female Pisces Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:15 am

Well besides the fact that its one too many powers the fact that starwings were shut down mean I will not allow any changes to the abilities of starwings that existed before the ban. You of course can still change things like history personality appearance and what not.
Celestia
Celestia

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Asailia Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:14 pm

Double checking on something before I re-edit. She's a demi god, so she can have a power related to her parents right?

The rules say nothing about having no more than two special abilities. Plus, a breath attack isn't really a special ability, as all dragons have it. Hers had to just go under special ability, because she's a different species, and there fore it's weird, apparently.

AND, according to Phantom,

"We will not be accepting anymore applications for StarWings, but if you have already made a character sheet of a StarWing, you may keep it."

There's nothing about not permitting editing of a StarWing that doesn't exist. Just that you can't make new ones.

I can edit things around if I'm really not allowed to have one of Pulse's powers, but I'm just defending my stance and belief on this subject here. Not trying to be rude in any way.
Asailia
Asailia
Seawing Citizen
Seawing Citizen

Female Posts : 346

Back to top Go down

Post by Neru Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:57 pm

T.T Whatever. Bump. I was ignored anyway.
Neru
Neru

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:15 am

I don't see the issue here, powers seem reasonable. After all the invisibility comes from Nebula. On the starwing side Neru was made before the disbandment.
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Birch Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:21 am

I dunno. I realized that she was a demigod, so I gave her a demigod power, but it wasn't allowed, apparently. So I deleted it.
Birch
Birch
FireWing Guardian
FireWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantom Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:28 pm

APPROVED. Geez, I thought this was approved already XD
Phantom
Phantom
Dragon Goddess of Magic

Female Aries Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:00 pm

this was a remake
Celestia
Celestia

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:25 pm

Neru, you should now be able to edit and update your character.
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Neru Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:46 pm

Thank you for removing it Tenebris!!

All the edits have been made, it's free to be checked again.
Neru
Neru

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:01 pm

1st Approval
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King

Male Scorpio Dog