Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Time of Discovery Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Time of Discovery Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Time of Discovery

3 posters

Go down

Time of Discovery Empty Time of Discovery

Post by Rayla Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:34 pm

(Technically, Ster belongs to Shine, and he doesn't have a character sheet yet, but this is just an example roleplay to show you all how Sterlynn acts. It will help Shine for if she continues to use him) Razz

It was cold. Not something Sterlynn wasn't used to. Cold always radiated from Ster, he never felt warmth. Now, this might sound bad, but warmth could hurt his biology. It was complicated, but those were the difficulties of being born an Auroran Ice Dragon offspring. And unlike his other siblings, Ster had no gills. This was why Ster hadn't visited the SeaWings before, even though he knew that they were his real family. But now he was older, about sixteen. He was only about 22 to 24 feet tall, much smaller than Rayla and Thirahan, but it would be a death wish to underestimate him. Ster had studied the arts of his kind ever since he had become attached to his mother. How could he do this, if his race was dead? Well, Ster had a unique gift. You see, when Ster was young, only about a month or two old, he followed his still living mother out on a hunting trip. When his mother died, part of her soul was transferred into him. He was much more spiritually attached now, and could speak to the dead.... to some extent. He could speak freely to his mother and her ancestors, but that was all. In order to communicate with any other dead dragon, he'd need intense concentration, herbs, meditation, etc. His mother was part of the reason he knew about his family.

As he wandered through the forest, Sterlynn suddenly stopped, raising his head. He sensed a familiar aura..... Rayla? The name felt unfamiliar on his thoughts. He let out a sigh. This was what he had wanted. He hadn't come this far only to turn back now. Her aura was strong, but he faintly remembered it. If only he had come back sooner, when he was younger, to better get to know his siblings.... now he was coming in as a stranger. He sighed, glancing up at the sky. I sure hope my sister recognizes me.... not all dragons can sense aura, after all....

As Ster walked into the clearing, he noticed something peculiar. A group of dragons, all with auras he recognized, were flying around just about 50 meters away. He narrowed his eyes, his eyes spikes shaking as his muscles flexed. When one of the four dragons (The four dragons are Rayla, Thirahan, Oceana, and Arkhor) noticed him, he sat down, his head fin flexing. This was what he wanted..... he needed to assure his family that he was, indeed, not dead. Unless you counted being able to talk to the dead as..... well.... dead, then yes, he was "dead".

Remember, they might not immediately recognize you. Try to make them remember.

That was his mother. He sighed, and nodded. Hopefully, he could convince his family that he was Sterlynn..... however, even if he could, he wouldn't be able to join them. Sterlynn would just freeze the water he walked on, plus he couldn't breath underwater, so he was utterly useless to the tribe. He was more IceWing than SeaWing, so joining them would be useless. Plus, Ster already had a place he could call home. A small ice fortress big enough for five dragons. He got lonely there.... so maybe he could invite his family over.

----

Rayla noticed a lone ice dragon on the beach, she snarled, tapping her brother, Thirahan's, arm. "Hey! Look over there! An IceWing! What does he think he's doing in SeaWing territory?" Rayla was incredibly defensive of her property. Especially her tribe border. She was a guardian, after all, and this was what she trained to do. She waited for her brother and/or father's reaction. Well, when I say waited, I mean she zipped towards the IceWing.

Rayla

Female Posts : 641

Back to top Go down

Time of Discovery Empty Re: Time of Discovery

Post by Shiningwater Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:47 pm

((Imma try RPing him. I think I'll keep him. He's sorta awesome. And by sorta I mean a lot. If you want you can give me tips on his personality as well, Ray. Smile ))

Sterlynn shifted slightly as the other-Rayla-came towards him, and he lowered his gaze slightly. he wanted to be noticed as a sibling, not a threat. He didn't move as his far-larger sister came to a stop next to him, and he tried to meet her gaze. "Rayla?" He tried.
Don't push it too far...Knowing her name could give her the wrong idea. His mother warned. ((I am so sorry if I get Trin's character wrong. If I'm gonna RP him, I'll need her a bit as well.))
He nodded inwardly and straightened. "My name is Sterlynn." He asserted, then paused, waiting for his mother to tell him if he was going to fast. When he got nothing, he continued. "I'm..." He paused, and the fin on his head seemed to lower like a cat's did for a moment, before rising again. "I'm your brother."
Shiningwater
Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

http://squidkid11.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayla Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:30 pm

Rayla blinked. Sterling, her brother? She had heard the name before, and stories that he had died horrible death. Could he have how survived? Layla stared suspiciously at Sterling, and waited for the others to arrive, "how do I know you are not lying? "She asked, glaring at him.

(I am using a voice keyboard, so if I call StarLAN Sterling then it's because of the keyboard)

Rayla

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:36 pm

Soon enough Ark noticed Rayla talking to a strange Icewing like dragon, this made him wonder why there was an Icewing so deep into Seawing territory. Walking over he nudged Rayla "Who's this Ray?" he asked as he inspected the strange dragon, noticing that he wasn't very old due to his size for an Icewing anyways. Still unaware to Ark he smiled towards the stranger.
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:37 pm

((It's cool. Smile ))

Sterlynn paused. How could he prove that? He looked up at her for a moment, before thinking quietly. He could practically feel the distrust radiating from her. He swallowed, looking away. "I....Can't." He answered, and thought he heard his mother groan at this. He quickly added to his statement. "I mean, There's nothing exact. Our Mother was Trinya, our father is Arkhor, and we're all Demi-Gods." He looked up as another dragon approached, and he smiled slightly to himself. Arkhor. His father. Then he returned his gaze to Rayla. "I...." He paused, not sure if he should rely this information. Then he looked up at her evenly. "I can talk to Mom." His gaze flickered to Arkhor from Rayla, and back again. Not sure how they would take this.

Last edited by Shiningwater on Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missed Ark's Post.)
Shiningwater
Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayla Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:46 pm

My eyes widened at the statement. Was this Dragon serious.? How could that be? Our mother was dead! I growled viciously at the stranger. "How to Dare you mock me in such a fashion! I should frost you to a blizzardy mush right now! " I ignored my father as he flew towards us.

Rayla

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:44 am

After not hearing what Steryln was saying to Rayla, he stopped beside her, looking a bit confused he asked the Icewing, "Hey? are you lost? Whats your name" speaking with a smile, he didn't want to scare away the young dragon. Glancing towards Rayla he could tell that she was shocked from something, "You alright?" he asked slightly concerned.
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:53 am

Sterlynn flinched away from his sister as she lashed out verbally at him, and he looked pleadingly to his father who-to the demi-god's dismay-didn't recognize him. He then looked back to his sister, ignoring his father. "I know she's dead." He replied, and stood, looking at her pleadingly. "But I can talk to her! I swear! She talks to me in my head, and sometimes I can talk to our other ancestors, too!" He didn't care if they thought him crazy. It was the truth. "Please! You've got to believe me! I'm your brother!"
Shiningwater
Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayla Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:05 pm

Rayla narrowed her eyes at Sterlynn, before she turned to her father, huffing, "This dragon claims to be my bro, Sterlynn, and that he can talk to mom or something.... He doesn't even look like a SeaWing! We should drive him out now!" Rayla, unlike her father, didn't gave a very clear memory of Trin when she was alive. To Ark, Ster looked like a larger, more masculine version of Trinyah.

Rayla

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:20 pm

Looked at Rayla confused, then back towards Ster, speaking with a slight shocked voice still feeling unsure, "Wait.... Your Sterlynn?.... I thought you died.." frowning he started to inspect him more, he did look slightly familiar so it was possible that it was him. Sighing as he returned his gaze towards Rayla, "Rayla let him speak... he could be your brother.."
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayla Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:03 pm

Raul's growled at Sterlynn. How could her father trust this dragon? He was an IceWing! Those wretched little ice lizards weren't worth their claws! Rayla only trusted SeaWings, despite being half IceWing herself. She narrowed her eyes, and crawled away, glaring at Ster.

Say something only Arkhor would know. Tell him about Lake Burn. About how we met there, and fell in love.

Rayla

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:34 pm

Sterlynn listened to the others intently, and his eyes brightened when his father started to remember. He then carefully listened to his other parent, before dutifully obeying. "Mom told me to tell you about Lake Burn where you met and fell in love." He said happily. He was a little unclear on the details, but hopefully what his mother had just told him was enough to convince his father, and when he realized he was telling the truth, that Rayla would believe him. "I really am your brother, and I really can hear Mom." He said, pushing harder to convince them.
Shiningwater
Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:58 am

Ark smiled slightly as Ster mentioned lake burn, it was true what he said but he didn't fully believe him. Deciding to ask him a question that only Trinyah would know, if he really could speak with his mother then the answer would confirm that he really was Sterylnn. Gazing into his eyes he watch his expression, "Alright... If your my son and you can speak with Trinyah, how did me and your mother we meet?" as he waited for a response he glanced over to Rayla, "Hey come back over here..."

// Answer = Ark was swimming in the lake and watched Trinyah at the lake side, later getting a tuna to introduce himself//
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayla Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:25 am

(Bump. Shine, I think it's your turn o3o)

Rayla

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:58 pm

Sternlyn grew more excited as his father started to believe him, and listened to his mom for the answer. Then he smiled. "She says you were swimming in the lake watching her, then you got a tuna to introduce yourself with." He relayed promptly, looking at his father earnestly. It had to work! He was telling the truth, but it was a matter of whether or not they believed him.
Shiningwater
Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:02 am

Ark watched as Steryln replied with an answer, sudden shock rushed through Ark, as the answer was true it was doubtful anybody would know that apart from Trinyah herself. Frowning with a sad look, "S...Sterylnn... I'm sorry... for everything. Your my son..." giving him a slight smile.
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayla Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:14 am

(Shiner ur turn to pay Razz)

Rayla

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:11 am

((aug. I keep missing these posts. They get lost in the flood. D: Sorry. BTW, Ark, can i join your family topics with Ster?))

Sterlynn's face lit up as his father recognized him, and-for the first time he could remember-he rushed forward to embrace his father, tears welling in his eyes. Mother! I have a family! He cried inwardly, too overjoyed for much else.
You always did, Sterlynn. You just had to find them.
The Icewing half-breed didn't look up as he spoke. "I forgive you, Father."
Shiningwater
Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:55 am

// Yeah sure if you want to //

Ark focused his gaze onto Sterlynn, when suddenly he rushed towards him within moments he embraced him. Ark smiling happily he tried to hold back his tears of happiness, only for his eyes to fill up. Holding him tightly, upon hearing that he was forgiven. "Thank... You..." he whispered into his ear, as he nuzzled his snout.
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:40 am

The smaller dragon, curled up near his father happily, overjoyed with the thought of being accepted instead of being questioned now. Something urged him to say it, though he wasn't sure what. "I love you, Dad."
Shiningwater
Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:33 am

Smirking he replied, "Where have you been all this time?" as he tightened his embrace. Turning back towards Rayla, "Hey?... his your brother Ray..." poking her with his tail.
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayla Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:39 pm

Rayla blinked, then chuckled. ""Eh, well since I wasn't alive when the whole thing went down with you and mom, I guess I'm just gonna have to trust your word, dad! Now let me get some of this action!"she said, tackling Sterlynn, but in the playful way.

Rayla

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:46 pm

The much smaller dragon half-shrieked as he was suddenly tackled by his sister, and couldn't help but be stunned by this. He'd never had a play fight before, though he quickly adjusted when he found the playful spark in his sister's eye, and squirmed in an attempt to ditch his captor, throwing his weight to the side to dislodge the other dragon.
Shiningwater
Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down