Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Possible Monster Ideas Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Possible Monster Ideas Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Possible Monster Ideas

3 posters

Go down

Possible Monster Ideas Empty Possible Monster Ideas

Post by Snowscale Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:55 pm

So, I was wondering about the monsters that invaded the land and was really wishing to contribute a few. I talked to Baldi, and so I was advised to post my ideas in *gasp* ideas. Wish I'd thought of that.... Any ways whether they are used or not is entirely up to the staff and administration, but I'm hoping they at least look at this. Enjoy, my peeps!

Blastraeus
Threat Level: Medium
A blastraeus looks like the unholy offspring of a dragon and a giant boar. They are roughly the size of an elephant, and their mouth bristles with sharp teeth and two huge tusks just from their mouths. They usually ignore dragons but will attack if compelled to do so. Not the brightest bulbs, they are somewhat stupid and have a tendency to run into things.
Grasheil
These creatures look like a gekko and a snek combined. They are not big enough to harm a dragon much, and their venom cannot harm a dragon, but their absolute cuteness, cunning, and speed make them a predator that can down a manticore in a single strike. These creatures possess great intelligence and can speak Draconic fluently. They are also called snek-gekkos.

Last edited by Snowscale on Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Snowscale
Snowscale
SkyWing Citizen
SkyWing Citizen

Male Taurus Horse

Back to top Go down

Possible Monster Ideas Empty Re: Possible Monster Ideas

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:21 am

Interesting. But if you want the Grasheil to be able to take down a Manticore with hardly any effort, it needs to be a Medium threat level.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempest and Fireburst Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:04 am

Snowscale wrote:So, I was wondering about the monsters that invaded the land and was really wishing to contribute a few. I talked to Baldi, and so I was advised to post my ideas in *gasp* ideas. Wish I'd thought of that.... Any ways whether they are used or not is entirely up to the staff and administration, but I'm hoping they at least look at this. Enjoy, my peeps!

Blastraeus
A blastraeus looks like the unholy offspring of a dragon and a giant boar. They are roughly the size of an elephant, and their mouth bristles with sharp teeth and two huge tusks just from their mouths. They usually ignore dragons but will attack if compelled to do so. Not the brightest bulbs, they are somewhat stupid and have a tendency to run into things.
Grasheil
These creatures look like a gekko and a snek combined. They are not big enough to harm a dragon much, and their venom cannot harm a dragon, but their absolute cuteness, cunning, and speed make them a predator that can down a manticore in a single strike. These creatures possess great intelligence and can speak Draconic fluently. They are also called snek-gekkos.
Tempest and Fireburst
Tempest and Fireburst

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:27 pm

Nice. If anyone else has any ideas, feel free to submit them here.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowscale Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:57 am

I've got a few more! Seeing as the monsters came through a portal, some of these are actually good-aligned and from another RP world I'm invested in. A few I've just made up to help add to the hordes of monsters. If there is one thing I like in a bestiary, it's variation and a lot in it! Without further ado, the next submission of my monster ideas!

The Vilidin Howlpack
Threat Level: Mostly they like dragons and good humans, but in a fight they are considered High
While all the Vilidin members are smaller than dragons, being werebeasts (with the majority being werewolves) their elemental and magic powers are what give them a serious edge. Their current history is the main reason they ended up on Pyrria. They were sent into a portal by the demon named Firebrand and their former leader Tempest (who was corrupted by the former) and found themselves in a new world. Some have since been sent to other worlds, but the ones that have actually stayed are as follows: Delia, Shade, Rayg, Ronin(and his owlbear friend Jeffry), Darkice, Twilight, and Pyro. The Vilidin stand to fight the evils of the world (or now worlds) and each possesses a blue stone called a Vilidin mindstone. It links them together so they can communicate and summon a member if they are in need of help. So far, however, this power cannot cross worlds or get someone out of imprisonment. These stones were created by the minor god of magic and elements Arcana, and can only work so long as he still exists. Currently they are seeking out Firebrand, who managed to send a part of his soul to Pyrria. How he has done this has yet to be revealed.

Straven  
Threat Level: HIGH
Straven is an insane demon completely bent on killing all non-evil creatures.... or sometimes just killing anything that gets near him. He possesses powers over shadow, but prefers to use his heavily enchanted long-bladed knives to inflict pain and terror in his opponents. These blades have so far managed to pierce any armor before it, with the exception of the hide of the golden owlbear Jeffry. Why this is has yet to be discovered, but it is theorized that the Star Wolf Lupus blessed the golden owlbears to fight Straven and his kloarada demons. If this is so, it might explain why Straven has been beaten to a pulp by Jeffry multiple times. However, the only weapon that can do lasting damage to this demon is a strange sort of obsidian knives found by Ronin and the Vilidin in the Underworld.

Owlbear
An owlbear looks exactly what it sounds like. It possesses the body of a bear and the feathers and face of an owl. Owlbears refuse to back down in a fight, even when the foe is vastly more powerful than them. This tenacity has made them a feared predator, and the reason it is a medium threat level. The owlbear ha a special variety, that which has feathers that look to be made of gold. These rare breeds can understand all languages, but cannot speak them. They first appeared in the land of Griselwood two weeks before that place became the dark, twisted town it is now. It is theorized that the Star Wolf Lupus put them there to fight both the horrors of Griselwood and Straven the demon king.

Griselwood
Threat Level: Currently Medium, but it may become stronger
I know I mentioned Griselwood as a town earlier. However, somehow its influence has managed to spread across the planes, possibly because recently Straven has started running rampant across them. Because of this, the Vilidin believe that Straven created Griselwood.
Whatever the case, now the town has formed in the world of Pyrria. This means trouble, because it seems to act like a lightning rod for demonic planar travel. Which means once Straven re-forms from his most recent beating by Jeffry he will probably be making a reappearance with some of his demons. But I digress.
Griselwood seems to appear with its own population. These "citizens" seem to mostly be spirits, but the "guards" are really just specters harnessed by Straven to serve as protectors of the town and its secrets. Griselwood also seems to carry with it necromantic energy, causing horrid versions of the undead to rise. For instance, instead of just normal zombies they are given a dark boost.

And that's about it! If there are any questions on where in the name of the stars I got these, feel free to ask. I have no idea if they'll become a real thing, but if they do I can just DREAM of the references I could make with a D&D campaign I'm running. And if you actually want to know about that, I'll try to supply a Discord link. Anyways, hope you enjoyed these!

Last edited by Snowscale on Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Editing reasons)
Snowscale
Snowscale
SkyWing Citizen
SkyWing Citizen

Male Taurus Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowscale Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:49 pm

Even more ideas! Gosh, is it jus me, or am I just bursting with them?

Gafna
Threat Level: Low
A gafna is a large ratlike creature know for its tendency to hunt in packs and its scorpion tail. Its favorite prey appears to be humans, which it tears apart happily.

Kloarada
The kloarada are terrible demons created to serve the Demon King Straven. They posses clownlike features, often wielding knives and axes in battle. They posses dark powers and have tough skin that yields only to magic and fire and lightning. Obsidian is the best material to use against one. It is considered foolish to attack one, as countless victims of these demons have found out.

Ronin Lighthollow and Jeffry
Also, although these two are technically not monsters, they are more than worth mentioning. Ronin is a halfling adventurer sent to Pyrria by the demon Firebrand, in addition to much of the Vilidin. Ronin's true name is in fact Vrisk Deathollow, but he has since renounced his family's name, forsaking their tyranny and cruel nature. Because of his good heart as a child, he was regularly whipped and tortured by his own father, and his good-spirited mother was hung right before his eyes. The same went for his first love, Sophia Deathollow, another rare kind Deathollow member. She too was hung, and after her death Ronin fled to the Vilidin land. He stayed with them for a while before leaving onwards to find his destiny.
And find it he did.
He found a band of adventurers in the dark town of Griselwood, a half-dragon named Durza and a bugbear named Gauret. They set out to defeat a demon cult with the Vilidin, and successfully did so. Afterwards they travelled to the city of Silvergleam, where they halted Straven's invasion attempts. They slew Straven, thanks to Jeffrey, and freed the city. Two months later, Ronin sacrificed himself to stop Straven and his family from getting the legendary artifact Typhoon.
But the Vilidin brought the halfling back from the Underworld, and then he was sent to Pyrria, with little chance to see his girlfriend Tessa Quickblade ever again.

And that's all for now! Still no idea if any will be approved, but I'll likely keep pumping out ideas. Also to bring to notice, to any staff reading this, I have a new account that needs activating: Crescylla. Not trying to advertise, but just a bit anxious to get her app ready so I can finally feel all my character creation impulses to die for a while.
Anyways, I hope to see you guys out there!
Snowscale
Snowscale
SkyWing Citizen
SkyWing Citizen

Male Taurus Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowscale Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:56 am

As far as I know, I don't think anyone has really seen these.... oh well, even if this next batch of things I've concocted never gets seen, it's better than me just sitting around! This batch of horrible creatures is straight from the Griselwood Bestiary, so I hope you like the weirds of the Dark Town.

Kraixis
A horrifying creature native to Griselwood, the Kraixis look a lot like a two-headed xenomorph. They behave quite differently, however.
The Kraixis love to tear their foes apart slowly. They love human and dragon meat, but their favorite prey is a bullette. They often are found in the strange fog surrounding the Dark Town, and stand a good thirty feet tall at most.

Boneripper
Another creature native to Griselwood, this creature closely resembles a kraixis, only it has white sking and a stinger tail. Its tail is equipped with formidable venom capable of incapacitating a vitcim, with the exception of Icewings, Firewings, and Earthwings. Depending on the target's size, it could die, get paralyzed, or feel very, very ill. They too reside in the fog surrounding Griselwood.

Corinth von Strahd
Threat Level: High
A vampire that can pass through Griselwood in any world. He is highly dangerous due to his control over the Griselwood undead and its surrounding creatures.

Fearseeker
This creature itself is not much of a threat to a dragon, but they often work with other Griselwood creatures. They have two tiny eyes on their pointy heads, and their maws are like a deathworms, going all around and filled with teeth. It can spit a poison that induces extreme fear, but other than that it possesses no armor or claws of any kind.

And that is only a fraction of the Griselwood bestiary. I'll probably try for some "nicer" monsters next time, because I honestly don't want to make everyone learn about just Griselwood. It gets boring after you get used to its horrific nature. So, for my next batch, I'll probably go into more detail with just random creatures that spewed forth from the Vilidin's world.
Snowscale
Snowscale
SkyWing Citizen
SkyWing Citizen

Male Taurus Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down