Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

IDEAS, YAY! Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

IDEAS, YAY! Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

IDEAS, YAY!

+4
Cosmos
Volcanis
Arkhor
Sleenia
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

IDEAS, YAY! Empty IDEAS, YAY!

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:16 pm

I WAS TOLD TO WRITE A TOPIC ABOUT THIS! SO HERE IT IS! I'M NOT SURE WHAT TO SAY OTHER THEN THE FACT WE NEED TIMELINES AND MORE LORE! IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY ABOUT THIS SAY IT IN THE COMMENTS!

Back to top Go down

IDEAS, YAY! Empty Re: IDEAS, YAY!

Post by Sleenia Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:25 pm

What the H Trin...why the caps lock? is this a serious topic?
and...have you got my message? Razz
Sleenia
Sleenia
LightWing Queen
LightWing Queen

Female Posts : 499
Location : A very quiet and peacefull place touched by the sun

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:26 pm

Yes, this is a very serious topic. What the H

And no, I'll go look.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleenia Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:27 pm

mhh oky ^^' I was not sure, because it looks like you are screaming xD *hides*
Sleenia
Sleenia
LightWing Queen
LightWing Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:29 pm

No, just hyper. ^^

Anyway, basically I think we should add more lore and timelines to the topics. I have wanted to do a soft reset for a long time, where we add some more rules, a little bit stricter dragon creation, delete all the old topics, maybe change of the ranks and tribes a bit?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleenia Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:35 pm

what do you have in mind exatly? ^^ about tribes etc.

about the restriction i don't think is needed, i see it was discussed many times and everything looks to works fine, so one is comfortable to create a charachter and respect it with out the fear to do anything wrong. also there is a balance anyway in the roleplays ^^ and if someone exagerate the users can talk each other to fix messages and things
but it's my opinion ^^

oh and...why delete all the old topics ?!  War Star 
this is a part of history of the forum and every single charachters
Sleenia
Sleenia
LightWing Queen
LightWing Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:38 pm

We need a new history.

About the tribes. I was thinking that tribes could be edited so that there is also Dynasties involved. There should also be the added Star/SpaceWings. Phantom did say when there was about 300 members. Cheeky

Also, deleting the topics is something that should be done in a soft reset.

Here's what I'm thinking: The Big Bang 2 (Doctor WHO DOE!). Suddenly, we make one last roleplay, a roleplay where all dragons must participate, where Phantom, Kazumi, and Trinyah combine powers to form a new realm. WHOLEY SMOKES THAT SOUNDS AWESOME I WANNA DO IT NAO! Sad Blush

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleenia Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:46 pm

but, it's a totally different way? is interesting
and i would like to see the star/dragon and universe..
but
i don't see the need to delete the old topics, i don't really want to lose all the pieces, i focused a lot in rpg to do it well and i care about it and about the stories written by others, I'm not too happy about the big bang destroying everything :c
it sound more like a good idea for a roleplay/topic to me and it would be great to see dragons in this situation
there can be side topic with side stories events and charachters
I had my dragons in mind before to find this forum for example, and i don't feel like to change them or destroy all
I'm thinking about other ways to do some experiences like this in a safe and comfortable easy way for everyone, without a drastic change
Sleenia
Sleenia
LightWing Queen
LightWing Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:56 pm

Sleenia, the problem is the topics. I do not like clustered topics. People should not abandon something until it all the way through. That is why with this new system, when people create a topic, you must finish that topic before people can start another one, therefore the events in this topic will be added to the permanent timeline.

Plus, all these topics all over the place literally annoys the heck out of me. It does the same to Shao. I have OCD of a sort, and seeing things splayed all over the place makes me very uncomfortable, even if they are all pushed to the Graveyard. I can see how you want to save them, but is it really worth making me uncomfortable to save data that was never followed through with in the first place?

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:02 pm

Yeah I do like the idea of starting a new, would make things interesting but I think we need to have a vote about this before doing it.
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Volcanis Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:06 pm

Trinyah wrote:We need a new history.

About the tribes. I was thinking that tribes could be edited so that there is also Dynasties involved. There should also be the added Star/SpaceWings. Phantom did say when there was about 300 members. Cheeky

Also, deleting the topics is something that should be done in a soft reset.

Here's what I'm thinking: The Big Bang 2 (Doctor WHO DOE!). Suddenly, we make one last roleplay, a roleplay where all dragons must participate, where Phantom, Kazumi, and Trinyah combine powers to form a new realm. WHOLEY SMOKES THAT SOUNDS AWESOME I WANNA DO IT NAO! Sad Blush

What do you mean with Dynasties?

I disagree about deleting topics. They represent the users creativity and the history of the forum. People would like to read old topics, and look at the past times. We have a Graveyard Section to exactly collect dead topics in an archive. Old topics don't cause any troubles.

And doing a big roleplay like that... I don't understand what are you thinking to do. Which new realm?

I think the forum is going fine the way it is. I believe we simply need a better organization and administration of the forum. Tribes would certainly need little improvements. I think that's all, without doing big changes.
Volcanis
Volcanis
FireWing King
FireWing King

Male Posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleenia Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:13 pm

EDIT (this was to Trin i'm reading the message of Volcanis right now)

reading what you are saying i see the problem is not the topics and the good possibility to let users roleplay more that one story, garanting them the possibility to know more people and make more experience
the problem of abandoned topic are the users, if one user is responsable will not abandon it, or just post one single comment and then  disappear, a responsable user would rather advice in the topic that he/she leave the role, so the others can continue.
Also if a story that was interesting for a group of person may become boring even if it's not finisce, it can be said in the topic and the discussion can be closed, and send to the graveyard, when someone new maybe can take inspiration, even if things are updated time to time, but this is another thing that one mod or admin (or a good member) should just announce in a topic ^^
maybe it will be ended or if is still open others can ejoy it later,
however one cannot post everyday, but time to time and its not abandoning anything but roleplaying in a more calm way or with the time it have for itself
it's not making unconfortable only you but also me to see that people do not reply, and i don't say they don't have the right to have a life beside the roleplay world, i do too, but it's a responsability of the user if a topic is abandoned, and it's not just about me or you to feel comfortable or not, but we need to see how to find a way to make everyone more comfortable, maybe some little points about how to roleplay should be written in evidence, like the things above (to try to be constant, to advise others etc...)

ps: like i sent you a message asking if you wanted to roleplay in the "unespected danger" or not anymore because I was waiting a reply from you but I was not sure if you wanted to continue and try to conclude this adventure, so i was uncomfortable too, i've sent a message to avian and jurragon too to ask them if they wanted to continue or dind't liked a rp, but they did, they just needed time or didn't know how to reply (what they said to me) and i think they could have just announced it in the topic or sended a private message to discuss about it ^^ it would make things way more simple if one knows if have to wait for others or not.
Sleenia
Sleenia
LightWing Queen
LightWing Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:16 pm

Well, why is everyone against this? Want me to just leave? Is that it? Do you not care about my opinions? Why is everyone so damn obsessed with the old topics? Have you never heard of a "Soft Reset" before? Maybe I should just leave the forum, because I don't agree with what is happening now. -.-

Sleenia, I don't know what I want. I want a timeline. What you are suggesting is keeping the forum unorganized, and therefore it will eventually die out since there is no equal point in time. You may not care about the organization, but this is a big deal to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmos Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:20 pm

I do think we need more rules, though I know the majority follows them without a problem but if the majority can do this then there should be stricter rules. Since the current ones are easy to follow, it wouldn't be a problem if we changed them, they'd still apply either way.

As for the timelines and stricter character creation templates, I do agree the tribes's info should be updated, all of them. The Timelines should only consist of events and conflicts that are well known and happened from most recently to months ago.

These are my thoughts and sorry if this got off topic.

And please, everyone, these are Trinyah's thoughts and opinions. Respect them, if you disagree, it's only to be expected. But if you have nothing positive to say about her opinions, then you shouldn't go provoking her in one way or another. And as for you, Trinyah, please do not conclude that we want you to leave! I sure don't! Sad Blush But it's only to be expected for some negative feedback.

Last edited by Cosmos on Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cosmos
Cosmos
EarthWing Wise One
EarthWing Wise One

Male Libra Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleenia Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:22 pm

trinyah..
I don't see why a more organization and sense of duty from the users would damage the formun, instead of making things more clear and not in chaos.
and...i didn't think about it before you came out with this but i can ask the same question, why are you so so obsessed about deleting everything?
and why are you going OT ? why this is supposed to be against you? why you are saying that me or anyone else to want you to leave?
I'm just saying my opinion as you said yours, it's a normal discussion. so don't put in my mouth think i don't even think...
Sleenia
Sleenia
LightWing Queen
LightWing Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:26 pm

I don't know anymore, Sleenia. I just want to bring my ideas to the forum. .3.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmos Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:33 pm

Please stop talking about your disagreement, Trinyah, Sleenia, before a argument starts and we already have a handful of those on the forum.
Cosmos
Cosmos
EarthWing Wise One
EarthWing Wise One

Male Libra Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleenia Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:35 pm

Trinyah, we all have our personal ideas and it's correct to discuss them, it's not against anyone, but we need to feel free to tell our ideas exatly how you are talking about yours,
it's not personal so don't do that...please relax
and as Arkhor suggested, new things, ideas and changes need to be voted by the staff and by the users, and it's very important to listen to everyone and they can be discussed by the community to find a balanced solution good enought for everyone

ps: in my personal opinion i add that to me one can also simply roleplay and enjoy single stories and adventures in the way one like the most, and this is not going to tuin anything to anyone.

EDIT: But Cosmos it's a discussion with ideas, and one need to say what think or like or not, of course it need to be done in a calm way ^^ and not taken as a personal attack :c
Sleenia
Sleenia
LightWing Queen
LightWing Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:40 pm

I died X________X

Back to top Go down

Post by Grima Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:40 am

I'm perfictally fine with all of this jazz, but I'm pretty new so I don't really have an attachment to any of the old topics or anything. With the new rules and that stuff I think it's a great idea as long as they can actually be enforced and are reasonable. Also, a poll is very much needed here and sometimes compromise is necessary. For example, if nobody wants the old topics to be deleted, maybe Pyrria can have ye old history book or something that contains what happened in all the roleplays. I'm not sure if that would actually be a good idea, though....It seems like a lot of work, and it might have other problems as well.
PS: Sleenia, I was reading another topic and it it you said something about getting help for your grammar or something. Well, your in luck! I'm somewhat of a grammar nazi, so I'm ready to help whenever you need me. Maybe I could like give you mini lessons or something via PM. No guarantees that you'll have perfect grammar all the time, however. Everyone has typos...a lot...especially me....*awkward laugh*
PSS: I added a singnature!!!! Yay!!!
(Sorry if that was off topic)
(Sorry, because that was wayyyyy off topic.)
Why did it post twice?
I think my laptop is glitching.
I'm afraid to delete it, because it might delete both of my posts. Sorry if that happened to you guys also; I didn't mean to spam!!!

Last edited by Grima on Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Grima
Grima

Female Aries Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:21 am

Thank you Grima for supporting me ^V^

And that's what a timeline is for. To record all progress that has happened throughout the forum! I don't see the point in saving old topics because, more then likely, no one will ever look back on them. Throwing them in the graveyard is practically deleting them, since it is so hard to find them again, so saying that you want to keep them just so you can relive like, one page of memories is meaningless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlantis Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:32 am

Trinyah wrote:Thank you Grima for supporting me  ^V^

And that's what a timeline is for. To record all progress that has happened throughout the forum! I don't see the point in saving old topics because, more then likely, no one will ever look back on them. Throwing them in the graveyard is practically deleting them, since it is so hard to find them again, so saying that you want to keep them just so you can relive like, one page of memories is meaningless.

I'm contrary having a timelife, if do you mean characters can grew old and die. So a user is forced to replace them, or to make them weaker because of the age. We need to discuss this further and see what it could be the best idea for the forum. What exactly have you in mind with timeline?

About deleting old topics, Trinyah. why are you looking to absolutely remove them? I think to understand you just don't like to see them around. So where is the problem? Old topics really don't cause any troubles. They're dead for a reason, but users can read them if they would like.
Atlantis
Atlantis
SeaWing Scholar
SeaWing Scholar

Male Posts : 742

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:43 am

I like the idea for it, I deeply do, BUT I am going to take veiw from both sides of this disscution. Trinyah first!
I agree that this would be a good idea because the ofrum would be more organized, successful, and also we would have better chracters and topics. I do agree that most people are unlikely to look back a t old topics, and reread them. I think the only old topics that should be kept is the ones that contain importain information.

Now, other peoples side.
It is nice to look back apon old memories, and old topics to see what has been done. I don't exactly like the idead of the gods combinding their powers and a second big bang happening. Wouldn't that KILL all of our chracters? People have grown to love and care for their chracters, and other peoples chracters. It would be a shame for them to just all die and not be remembered.

Hope you understand my points! If there is something you want to add on or put that I didn't get right please tell me!
Chibi
Chibi
FireWing Trainee
FireWing Trainee

Female Capricorn Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:23 am

No no no, in the Big Bang I mean the dragons would be the same, they would all be shoved through a protective thingy with swirling colors by Trinyah (Lolz Razz) and then they would come out unharmed!

As for the age thing, Atlas. Each dragon ages differently. Dragons can live for approximately 2000 years. And since dragons only age about one year every month if you actually age your dragon, it would take 1000 months until your character actually starts to be effected by age. Unless you make them old, in which case it was your choice. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostflare Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:31 am

Oh, ok. That makes alot more sense. Thanks.
Frostflare
Frostflare
IceWing Guardian
IceWing Guardian

Female Taurus Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next