Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Mission: Twilight (Open to all) Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Mission: Twilight (Open to all) Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Mission: Twilight (Open to all)

3 posters

Go down

Mission: Twilight (Open to all) Empty Mission: Twilight (Open to all)

Post by Vilkas Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:26 pm

The Ogre staggered back as it was hit in the face with a spiked club. Before it could fully recover and strike back, however, its was engulfed from the shoulders up in flames. It roared and lifted its arms to shield its face, the only particularly vulnerable spot it possessed. When the flames ceased, it roared again and charged forward, shoving its opponent. There was too little time between the end of his attack and the Ogre's charge for Vilkas to react, so he braced himself. The Ogre was surprisingly strong. considering Vilkas was 76ft taller than it. Though he had started the fight in his normal form, currently, the hybrid demi-god was in his mutant form. And currently, he was being pushed backward by the Ogre. Suddenly the Ogre stopped and went to punch Vilkas in the side; at the same time, Vilkas raised his club and swung it at its head. Both hits landed, the former just mere seconds before the latter. Vilkas stumbled a bit, while the Ogre was sent flying 10ft. Vilkas picked up a large piece of volcanic rock and lumbered toward the Ogre. The Ogre, in the meantime, was slowly getting back to its feet. By the time Vilkas reached it, it had gotten onto one knee. Vilkas opened his mouth and spewed another stream of fire onto the monster for a good 20 seconds then brought the rock down onto its head. The Ogre, which was tolerate of pain, was still trying to get up, but fell again as it was struck with the rock. Vilkas roared and continued beating the Ogre's head with the rock, until finally the monster moved no more.

The Ogre dead, Vilkas tossed the rock down then walked back to where his spiked club lay. He picked it up and looked at it for a moment, scratched a mark into it with his claw. And then, as it disappeared, he changed back into his normal Dragon form. The young Vulcan/Guardian walked over to his kill and examined it. His uncle would be proud to see his mission had been successful. Vilkas sat to rest before taking the dead Ogre back to his uncle for study.
Vilkas
Vilkas
EarthWing Vulcan
EarthWing Vulcan

Back to top Go down

Mission: Twilight (Open to all) Empty Re: Mission: Twilight (Open to all)

Post by Reality Glitch Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:16 am

Right behind a lip in the opening of a near-by lavaltube, I’m hiding, terrified of what I just witnessed. I’ve never actually seen any of those portended creatures. Humans were dangerous enough that mama told me to be warry, but that one was 18ft. tall, full of musle, and not nearly as pleasent to look at.

The dragon, on the other paw, was as big as any of my uncles and twice as fierce. I’d never seen a dragon able to transform like that; it would be rather fascinating if it did scare me so much as to relieve me of my bowels.

As the larger dragon looked in my direction, I pulled my head back behind the cooled rock. Even a child such as myself knew that my reaction time wasn’t fast enough to avoid their gaze, but hopefully they’ll ignore me now that I am out of their sight.
Reality Glitch
Reality Glitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Vilkas Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:30 am

As Vilkas rested, he looked around. He noticed a small Dragon nearby, behind some cooled lava. When he caught its gaze, it ducked back behind it. Apparently, the Dragon wasn't aware of just how tall VIlkas was, able to see over the rock. The demi god stood and walked over, lowering his head so the smaller Dragon wouldn't have to shout--assuming they spoke. "You can come out now. That monster is dead, it won't hurt you. Though I doubt it would have bothered with a Hatchling."
Vilkas
Vilkas
EarthWing Vulcan
EarthWing Vulcan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reality Glitch Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:04 pm

“But you killed it; that makes you scarier.” I don’t really know why I say that; even a child such as I is aware it won’t help hiding from them or convincing them to ignore me. But I’m rather talkative, and the stress isn’t helping. Then again, I probably know that I can’t escape at this point so why even try.
Reality Glitch
Reality Glitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Vilkas Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:52 pm

The EarthWing/FireWing hybrid had only been joking when he referred to the smaller Dragon as a Hatchling, but it appeared that he actually was. After all, he didn't object to being called one. "You think I'm scarier than a monster just because I killed it? I guess you haven't seen many of them. But that's good. Even one of the smaller creatures could kill a Hatchling who doesn't know how to fight yet. Speaking of which, where are your parents?"
Vilkas
Vilkas
EarthWing Vulcan
EarthWing Vulcan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reality Glitch Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:57 am

If they thought their words were helping they were clearly mistaken. I curl up around myself, taking a position not unlike a embryo still it’s egg. Hopefully, I could at least invoke enough pity/parental instincts from them to avoid trouble. It seems to have worked since I heard them inquire about my parents. I’ve learned that for most people, their birth mother and the one how raises them are the same person, so I know they mean both when they say that; thus, I tell them about both, “Ani and Mama are back at our cave, they asked me to grab some laval rocks to help keep it warm.”
Reality Glitch
Reality Glitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:54 am

The Hatchling curled up when Vilkas finished speaking but eventually answered his last question. This only made the EarthWing frown more. "Why would they do that?
Don't they know there's monsters running around? Why would they send a Hatchling? Are they too injured to do it themselves?"
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Reality Glitch Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:32 am

“We didn’t know about the monsters; we only just moved here. And they’re perfectly fine; that’s why they are out on their own errands at the same time.”
Reality Glitch
Reality Glitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Vilkas Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:34 am

The demi god couldn't believe what he was hearing. There were monsters everywhere. It was almost impossible to not run into one. How could anyone be oblivious to their presence? "That's... hard to believe unless you've been living underground maybe. But anyway, if your parents are healthy, then they shouldn't have sent you out here. Where do you live? I'll take you back."
Vilkas
Vilkas
EarthWing Vulcan
EarthWing Vulcan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reality Glitch Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:08 pm

“We used to until the tunnels collapsed.  I can find my own way home, though; I left a trail for me to follow.  Don’t know how Mama will react to bringing home another stray.”  I know such a joke probably won’t go over well with the much more powerful and probably much less sense-of-humor-possessing individual such as they, but it helps take the edge of the anxiety of encountering such a frightening stranger.
Reality Glitch
Reality Glitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:04 pm

Vilkas wasn't overly fond of the "stray" comment, but he was talking to a Hatchling, after all. "I'm sure you could find your own way home, but it's dangerous. I'll take you," he repeated sternly. The last thing he needed was to have to tell his uncle that a Hatchling was killed and it could have been prevented. "Lead the way. I'll follow right behind you." Vilkas then shifted back to his beast form. While it didn't always keep the monsters from attacking him, he figured that if any saw him following the Hatchling, they'd think he was hunting him and leave them alone.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Reality Glitch Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:27 pm

I scramble out of the lava tube back towards the near-by treeline where I'd last left the trail of my breath-weapon residue.  Every couple dozen yards, I had left a patch of the rainbow-colored salt-crust to mark a path back to the cave.  After I got lost that one night a couple decades ago, I didn't want to risk getting turned around ever again, even if it meant allowing someone .... or something else to follow, since mama could handle whatever wanted to stalk me.  I thought about warning the larger dragon not to touch the salty residue, but if they did, the irritation  would be immediately obvious without causing any real harm, so long as the didn't get any on their face.

After about an hour's walk, we approached the cave that served as my family's den.  "It's probably best for you to stay here.  I mama sees you, who knows what she'll do?"
Reality Glitch
Reality Glitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Vilkas Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:03 pm

When they finally reached the Hatchling's home, Vilkas transformed back into his normal self. He looked around. "Something tells me you know. But I doubt she'll attack someone who went out of their way to help her Hatchling.."
Vilkas
Vilkas
EarthWing Vulcan
EarthWing Vulcan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reality Glitch Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:01 pm

"Eh; maybe 'see' wasn't the best word."  I pause for a moment to ponder what I should do next.  "I'll go let her know your here."

Moments later, mama poked her head out of the cave, her enormous head, as large as the whole stranger, covered in pure white scales.  Her horns resembled those of a goat as did her eye, save for the white irises and the very light grey pupils which seemed to stare directly at the stranger despite their opaque coloring.  She spoke, "So, you are the who claims to have ascorted my child safely back home?"

Last edited by Reality Glitch on Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reality Glitch
Reality Glitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Vilkas Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:11 pm

Vilkas backed up a bit when the older Dragon's head came through the cave. "Yes. I am Vilkas, EarthWing Vulcan/Scout/Guardian. Your Hatchling was out wandering around by himself. I brought him back here before he was picked off by a monster." Vilkas said bluntly, perhaps a bit more than he meant. "You should keep a better eye on him."
Vilkas
Vilkas
EarthWing Vulcan
EarthWing Vulcan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reality Glitch Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:21 pm

Mama just smiled and responded, "It has been a while since I have needed to pay that much attention.  Ever since my child's breath-weapon developed, he's been much better at running errands while the rest of of are out doing the same."  Her eyes look away while she continues, "Though, with the monsters so close, your words may need heeding this time."  Then she looks back.  "Say, my eldest child will not be back until tomorrow. Would you like take the extra food he would have eaten?  Spare your self a long evening of possibly fruitless hunting?"
Reality Glitch
Reality Glitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Vilkas Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:58 pm

"Being better isn't the same as being ready, especially during these dangerous times. Thank you for the offer, but we have secured land with enough prey to sustain us. Besides, there's little time for me to hunt. I need to complete the task I was sent to do." The demi god fell silent for a bit, looking around the area. "Anyway, you Rogues have it hard enough even without the monsters. You don't need a Tribal showing up and eating your food, even if you offered it."
Vilkas
Vilkas
EarthWing Vulcan
EarthWing Vulcan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reality Glitch Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:14 pm

Mama's eyes soften. "My, the valiant one are you not? Very well, but do try to keep your distance next time. I wouldn't want you confused for someone hostile." Her tone of voice was the same genuine care and concern as always, which only made the next part creepier. "Dragons do not always need wings in order to fly."
Reality Glitch
Reality Glitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:38 pm

Vilkas' tone was equally calm compared to his words, "I will keep my distance, but not in fear of an aged Dragon taking on more than she can handle. And that is true," the demi god said, completely unfazed by the female's warning. "For some, anyway. And no more running errands alone, okay? The next time you run into a monster, it most likely will actually be one, and not an EarthWing/FireWing demi god." Vilkas said to the Hatchling before turning and opening his wings. He lifted himself into the air to head back to the spot he'd left the dead Ogre. With any luck, its carcass hadn't been eaten on by the scavengers yet.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down