Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Advisory Training? (Wake) - Page 3 Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Advisory Training? (Wake) - Page 3 Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Advisory Training? (Wake)

2 posters

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

Advisory Training? (Wake) - Page 3 Empty Advisory Training? (Wake)

Post by Phantasmas Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

The old dragon had quite a happy smile as he walked through a tunnel and eventually emerge into a cave with a large opening above. To one side was another large opening that showed the ocean as waves rocked against the entrance, his paws treading through the warm sand that was present through the whole cavern as he headed for a wooden structure of sorts. This structure being the remains of different human ships that wrecked and washed up inside the seaside cavern, most of which he gathered and made into a den of sorts. Satisfied of a quick look over, he turned back over to where the light shone down from the roof.

Pretty well hidden and large enough for his plans as he walked over onto a large flat stone bathed in sunlight and sat, curling up with a slight yawn. A faint smile showed, "A perfect place to train indeed." He chuckled as he waited for the young dragon to arrive.
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

Male Posts : 312

Back to top Go down

Advisory Training? (Wake) - Page 3 Empty Re: Advisory Training? (Wake)

Post by Phantasmas Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:33 pm

Casadora while Wake fished and had fleeting dreams, some of which she knew and others she didn't. Then, a faint flicker of something....something familiar and it was gone. Soon she awoke slowly and raised her head slightly, her memory not with her. It came back to her as she remembered recent events and sighed with a sad look. Loud wingbeats could then be heard as sounds of a dragon landing into the cavern and what sounded like crackling. She had completely forgotten this was around the time He would come and visit her, forgetting to tell Wake about a regular visitor that stopped by every so often.

The dragon that came into the den was male, as well being quite aged and yet youthful looking compared to Thantos. Standing about a head shorter with yellowish-white scales and purple underbelly, purple horns, and two frills on his cheek that seemed frayed. Yellow eyes filled with concern as he looked at the dragoness adn hwo she seemed to have trouble sitting up.

"Volan....I'm fine."

"Fine? You can barely sit up Casadora!"

"It was....just an accident brother."

He snorted and looked around the den, "Then wheres your mate then, hmm? And I can smell another as well, who pray tell, did that senile mate of yours bring here?"

She sighed knowing this was bound to happen, "Volan...that would be...his pupil Wake."

He had a look of disbelief, "A pupil? Casadora, how can you just let him pick up some random dragon and call them his student?"

"Thats because....I respect his decision. And...you would be....quite surprised...on how much potential.....he sees in young Wake."

"Fine." He gave a grunt of reluctant acceptance. "Wheres this so called 'pupil', of his then?"
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:21 pm

Wake had finally made his way back to his mentor's den, his stomach full of fish, and a mess of them in his maw. The wyvern landed outside, and began to enter when he saw the new dragon. Something told Wake he and Casadora knew each other at least, but they seemed to be related somehow.

The small dragon then dropped the fish had brought and spoke up. "Who's this, Casadora?"
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:05 pm

Volan...did not seem impressed by the wyvern's arrival and first glance. Casadora meanwhile was making sure they both get along, "Wake....this is....my younger brother, Volan." She said as the dragon in question walked around Wake, examining him.

"Small, thin, built for speed clearly, and for swimming." Though he had an unimpressed look, mentally he noted with reluctance that Wake seemed to have some potential and Thantos chose...decently. "I'll admit, he chose a decent pupil, for physical training that is. An aspect that makes me question why he chose you."

"He also....has an aptitude...for magic as well." Casadora said in Wakes defense and resulted in Volan grunting. It took him a minute to put two and two together, which he had a slight look of disbelief before back to being passive. "I see...that would explain certain things." He sighed in defeat, "Always the last laugh when he isn't even here." Then he put a paw on Wake's shoulder. "I'm sorry if I seemed...rude at first. My name is Volan, and as Casa said, I'm her brother, one who worry's about her well-being."
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:57 pm

Wake smiled and said "Nice to meet ya," trying to be nice, but he was admittedly surprised when Volan began to analyze him. The male dragon seemed a bit questioning of the wyvern, which he sort of understood, but still found strange. Then he mentioned training, and Wake knew what he was doing. He just didn't know why.

The smaller dragon simply listed to Casadora and Volan's conversation, though he did chuckle at the brother's face. Then Volan explained why he was asking so many questions, and admitted he could seem rude. Wake gave the older dragon a nod. "Don't worry about it. I can understand why you'd be a bit... questioning."
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:16 pm

Casadora gave a smile, "Its good....to see you two....getting along." She chuckled a bit before yawning and resting her head on the ground again. Falling asleep soon after and Volan gesturing for Wake to follow him outside.

Once they were a sufficient distance away from earshot, "To make up for my...earlier behavior,
maybe I could give you some pointers Wake."
He said, giving an apologetic look at the young wyvern. "I'm pretty sure its obvious you know about Thantos's...magic. He gave you an obstacle course right? A maze I'm assuming since it would fit your strength which is speed." Which a warm smile appeared as he looked at Wake.

"Out of all our siblings, I was the fastest, and still am even now. Of course...not as fast you considering our age difference and size, but the point is speed isn't everything. Having quick reaction times matter as well as being agile, you can trust me on that."
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:56 pm

Wake followed the dragon outside, not really sure what he wanted. Then he said he wanted to give the wyvern some pointers to make up for his attitude earlier. The Sea Spirit just smiled at the idea, and nodded.

Then Volan asked if Thantos gave Wake an obstacle course, a maze in particular. Wake looked at the dragon, remember that course quite clearly. "Yeah. It was a maze." Volan then told Wake that he had run the maze too. And have him one important tip. [i]"...Speed isn't everything. Having quick reaction times matter as well as being agile, you can trust me on that."[\i] Wake's horns went limp as he heard this. "I know. It's just... I'll get so focused on getting one thing done.... I can be careless at times. That's how I got this." Wake then unfurled his right wing, showing a scar near its base.
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:21 pm

Volan winced from seeing the scar, "Quite nasty indeed." Nodding in understanding and had a solemn, sage-like look. "Seems Illusion magic might not be the only thing that senile dragon may know." Lifting both his wings, large jagged scars showed near the base of both his wings and give the impression of how close of being flightless he could've been.

"I got careless to...at one point, and serve as a reminder of what could've been. Unfortunately,
I wasn't that young when this happened and I was told I could still fly, just...I risk falling to my death every time I soar. Sounds bad I know, but I've lived my life to its fullest even with it."
He gave a solemn look and yet still smiled. "Still proved them wrong every time I fly at my age." Then he put a paw to Wakes head gently with a chuckle, "But you though Wake, I think I can see partly why he picked you. You have time to learn and improve, while an old speedster like myself has to slow down and can only give advice."
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:48 pm

Wake was shocked by the old dragon's wings. The amount of damage that they must have taken to be so scarred.... Wake did really want to think about it. But he was fixated on the story Volan told him. From how bad his wings were scarred, to the fact he could die by just flying.

Then Volan told Wake his young age could be part of why Thantos chose him. Because he had time to learn. He could improve. It was something the old dragon couldn't do anymore. Wake smiled and looked at him before speaking. "Wow.... Thank you for telling me about that, Volan."
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:15 pm

"Ah...don't mention it kiddo." He rubbed the top of Wakes head affectionately and chuckled. "Just glad I got to meet a kiddo like you, no wonder Casa treats you like her own son. I'd probably start thinking you were my nephew to from how she likes you." He looked up and noticed how close to night it was getting.

"Well, guess it won't do me much good flying in the dark and my own little place is too far.
Hope you don't mind another dragon staying the night, it'll sure give your mentor a surprise as well when he gets back. Which...let me guess, he said he went to get training supplies or something?"
He said as he walked around, looking for a good spot to sleep for the night.
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:48 am

Wake could help but smile Volan's comment, thinking about how much Casadora and Thantos must have cared for about him. Wake knew how much love parents could give their children, both from his own parents and his sister, and he knew the old mates hadn't gotten to share that love. At least until now.

Then the older dragon noted that it was getting dark. He asked Wake if he minded the old dragon staying, and if Thantos had gone to get training supplies. "I don't mind, and yeah. He went to get some training supplies."
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:58 am

"Considering speeds your greatest strength, I think I've got an inkling of what hes getting.
If its the same training method I did before..."
He gave a chuckle and a knowing smile. "Its definitely that for sure, your going to have an interesting time training kiddo, thats for sure." He then gave a hearty laugh as he found a comfy spot and sat down. "It'll be difficult for your size, but you'll see the benefit. Night kiddo." He smiled before curling up and laying his head, snores being heard as he slept.
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:18 pm

Wake smiled as the older dragon mentioned that he could have been trained the same way he was about to be. The wyvern had so many questions about what it could be? How would it benefit him? Were there any tips Volan was willing to give him? But the the dragon decided it was to to sleep.

"Night, Volan. was Wake's only response as he curled up in his spot, though it was a long time before the dragon would fall asleep.
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:03 pm

The next morning came and Volan had been the first to wake, stretching before moving to check on Casadora. Seeing she was still asleep and seemed to sound better, he then headed towards the water met with the cave. Electricity gathered at his paws which two blurs shot out and in his paws were decently sized fishes, still shaking from the electricity.

"Still can't believe they haven't got tired of eating fish yet." This unique way of fishing continued for a few minutes until he had a decently sized pile. Then he picked up a couple of still intact human swords and sticked them into the ground around the pile. "Volan the Swift...now Volan the Fisher." He chuckled lightly and then sighed as looked at his on reflection in the water. "And I'm the youngest out of all of us, yet I feel like I've aged the most." He mused to himself, noting every wrinkle he knew of and what new ones popped up.
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:22 pm

Wake slowly woke up as the sun finally snuck light into his eyes. He then noticed Volan wasn't there. The only thing the wyvern could think of was that the old dragon woke up before him. The small dragon then stretched before walking towards the den to see if Casadora was ok.

The wyvern slowed his pace as he got closer, not wanting to wake the dragoness up if she was still asleep. Once he realized that Casa was still sleeping, Wake walked outside, intent on going for a flight, but something caught his attention. The smell of fish. Though the grey dragon figured this was probably where Volan was, he decided to check it, just in case.
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:56 pm

Volan then heard someone coming up to him and looked behind him. A surprised smile appeared, "Wake! Didn't realize you got up kiddo." he gestured to the pile of fish next to him, Decided to do some early fishing and seems I still go it." Then he realized the swords sticked around the pile. "If your wondering why I put the swords there, well...lets just say my ability over Electricity has advantages and disadvantages. One being faster and more power, downside..." Sparks crackled over the fish pile as the metal swords grounded the charge as it appeared.

"It doesn't really go away that easily." He gave a slightly embarrassed chuckle.
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:20 am

Wake admittedly wince when he saw the swords. He never liked them, even if his wing claws were basically swords. It brought the wyvern's mind back to when he and his friend were captured by humans, and what they did to her. But holding a sword verses being shocked... well maybe being shocked was better.

He then looked at Volan. "Guess it beats carrying all those fish in your maw." Wake was never a dragon to care how someone brought him his food. His mother had to carry food in her jaws when she flew, same with most wyverns, but he knew some six limbed dragons didn't like their food to be in another's mouth.
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:37 am

Volan noticed the reaction, "Ah, sorry if I brought up bad memories, these really were the only things close by I could use." He said, feeling a bit bad about it. As if on cue, no more electricity arced through the fish which...surprisingly heated up the fish slightly and picked up the swords. To which he promptly tossed them into the water where they sank to the bottom quickly.

An awkward moment passed between the two, "If it cheers you up, your mentor should be back later today." He ate one of the fish and gave a weird look before before swallowing. "Weird, but back on track, he never leaves Casa alone for too long so I'm assuming he didn't go that far. And he wouldn't go that far anyway to pick up training supplies..." A thought crossed his mind then, "Would...he be able to bring it back?" Volan gave it some thought from how much he knew of Thantos.
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:52 am

Wake smiled at the older dragon's apology. He had to admit, he felt bad for making Volan uncomfortable, but he just couldn't help his reaction. The wyvern the responded to the apology. "It's ok, Volan. You can't change the past."

Then Volan told the young dragon that Thantos would probably be back soon. His horns flared a bit as Wake peeked up. He'd finally get to start his training again. But then the old dragon wondered if the wyvern's mentor could carry... something. Wake gave the electric dragon a curious look. "What's this "it" you speak of?"
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:08 pm

"Oh nothing too bad, probably just training weights for your size." Volan said nonchalantly as he ate another fish. "I used weights before, you'd be quite surprised on how well they worked. The whole point is you get used to them and wear them for a long time while training, then after such time has passed you take them off." He chuckled as he scratched his chin.

"You could say half of that training was getting used to them and then getting used to the extra speed for the other half. The concept is sound, just the hard part is getting the weights themselves and making sure they fit the trainee."
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:21 pm

Wake just smiled confidently before answering. "My favorite meal is shark, so I'm use to a little extra weight." Was the young wyvern a bit over confident? Yes. He even knew it. He even looked slightly ashamed after saying what he did.

He should have known by then that over confidence was never a good thing, but it was hard for him not to be. Wake then looked at Volan with a guilty expression. "I really shouldn't get too cocky."
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:40 pm

"Hah! At least you know when your being overconfident." Volan gave a hearty laugh and patted Wake on the back. He understood the feeling well, when he first started he felt cocky to and that changed right quick when training began. The weight really impacts a dragon if their build was for speed and agility, but the improvement afterwards was well worth the wait.

"Trust me, I was cocky to at your age to and I had to learn right quick. For your case...I'm assuming the weights aren't gonna be that big and you'll get used to them real quick. The tricky part will be if he decides you keep wearing it while learning about his magic. Other then that, you got this ne-Wake and have the support of me, Casa, and Than of course." He smiled at the young wyvern. Only been a day and a half, and he almost called Wake nephew by accident. Volan didn't want it to be awkward or anything during Wake's training, not yet he thought at least.
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:14 pm

Wake felt a bit better as Volan told him about his own training. It gave the wyvern some hope to know someone else went through similar training to what he was going to do. Though the older dragon noted there'd be a decision to make on when the small dragon would wear them.

Wake wondered how you would even train in magic. It wasn't a thing you saw too often, but there had to be a way to. He did have some control of that orb. Ok. "Control" was putting it loosely, it was something. Then he noticed Volan say something.

The Sea Spirit would've bet his den that the old dragon was about to say nephew. It made him realize how much they all cared about him. It was odd too. Wake already had a family, but his father had mentioned that Wake's "uncle" had the same thing happen, and before she left, Lewana was practically a sister to him. With this in mind, it didn't really bother him that much.
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:44 pm

"Another thing to Wake....which, I know may be the most difficult thing to do, but don't hate the humans. I'm not telling you to like them either, but do realize not all are bad inherently just as we dragons aren't born evil. Thantos is teaching you magic to help better your life and possibly guide your future, not for revenge or anything like that. Its what this old dragon believes at least." He shook his head at that, knowing he had seen a few dragons futures cut short because of grudges or believing they were in the right.

"Just...promise me you'll at least remember no one, Dragon or Human, is born a killer. Alright kiddo?" He asked the young wyvern with a solemn look.
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

Back to top Go down

Post by Wake Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:50 pm

Wake frowned as he heard this. It wasn't that he disagreed with Volan, SĂșl and another human had saved his life on different occasions, but it was hard for him to remember that when his mind went to what the trappers did.

The wyvern slowly looked at the older dragon, his horns limp. "I know. I've been saved by a human twice now. It's just.... Both times humans were also the reason I need saving. The scar on my wing. It's from a shark fisher's harpoon. The reason I wince at the swords. My best friend, a hydra, was beheaded four time just to increase her selling price."

Wake's eyes teared up a bit when he mentioned what happened to his friend. "It changed her. Her kind of hydra only has one mind. All the new heads... she couldn't handle all the new senses. She lost the spark that was in her eye." the wyvern just looked at the ground, not wanting to show his face. "I know they aren't all bad. It's just hard to keep that in mind when so few even try to understand us, and so many hunt and trap us."
Wake
Wake

Male Leo Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantasmas Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:30 pm

Volan had hard many stories of cruelties and such committed by humans to many, fewer of those where they helped. It hurts, it always does and you can never forget about those actions unlike the shorter lived Humans. What can one do though, it certainly didn't help in the humans case of being smaller, weaker, and making them more fearful of the unknown, while most dragons would shrug off most dangers with ease. He put a paw around Wake and pulled him close, "Its hard, that I know kiddo. I'm sorry about bringing up bad memories with my talk its just..." he gave a kind hearted smile.

"I want you...WE all, want you to live your life to its fullest without regrets. Never expected a dragon like me to be giving this speech really, I was more expecting maybe Thantos or Casa even." He chuckled as he let his embrace go. "If you want to...ya know, talk, I'm here for you. We all are...Nephew." He grinned and gave Wake an affectionate nuzzle.
Phantasmas
Phantasmas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next