Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

A Chance Encounter. (Closed: Devi, Orion, and Aakesh if available and necessary ) - Page 2 Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

A Chance Encounter. (Closed: Devi, Orion, and Aakesh if available and necessary ) - Page 2 Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

A Chance Encounter. (Closed: Devi, Orion, and Aakesh if available and necessary )

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A Chance Encounter. (Closed: Devi, Orion, and Aakesh if available and necessary ) - Page 2 Empty A Chance Encounter. (Closed: Devi, Orion, and Aakesh if available and necessary )

Post by Orion Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

So far, everything was typical. The sky was blue, wind blew, and Orion was basking on his favorite rock. Orion had met many passerby's sitting on this rock, and today he felt would be just the same. For just over 3 years, Orion had wandered around the surrounding rogue lands scavenging small creatures and plants for food, and even the occasional treasure he would use to learn what he could about the world around him. Orion was as intelligent as an 11 year old homeless child could be. He could speak, but he only knew the words he heard other dragons using as he passed by, or when he would meet them on this very rock.

And so Orion sat. He inhaled his basic air and exhaled his basic worries once more as he sat and enjoyed the serenity of the moment. He knew by mid day, some other younger dragons would come and play in the field near his rock, but he liked to bask in the morning sun, just before it reached the tree tops and was blocked out. Then, he knew, he would grow anxious and want to go play. Time and time again he had done this. Day after day, week after week, and only would he stop if he was caught by the adults. He would give it a day or two, then return and play with them again. He knew no names, nor did he even speak with the younger dragons. They, like Orion, were young. Only difference was they didn't know how to talk, which was fine with Orion. He didn't know how to talk that much either, and he didn't want to disappoint.

Curiosity building. Heart racing. Fear. Pain? Red

Red.
    Orion was bright red.

Orion listened painfully as a distant roar, no, a distant whooshing sound grew closer and closer, louder and louder. It's only wind! It can't be anything. Orion tried hard to excuse the impending doom he couldn't quite place. Was it bad? Could it hurt him? He didn't know, and not knowing was what scared him more than the massive dragons he saw off in the distant skies he so yearned to visit. Ever since Orion was young, however, he knew to remember one thing above all else. The dark lands were bad. His parents may have left him, but even they had enough heart to ensure he would remember not to go there. Orion never understood fully why it was bad, but he assumed the massive, imposing figures silhouetted in the morning sun were understandably worse than the graceful that glowed in the morning suns rays. Although harder to see, they were much happier looking, and much brighter. He wished he could one day meet them, and in doing so his scales would finally find their true beauty, and stay that way.

But those were dreams, and right now the frightening noise was a nightmare he could not ignore. By now it had become almost deafening, and Orion finally understood why. He didn't know what it was, but it had just crossed between him and the sun, and it was blocking all of the precious sunlight. Orion immediately stood and stared at the strange, writhing mass in front of him. What is this?! he thought as he prepared to flee. Orion had heard many words, but the one that could best describe this creature was not one of them. 'Sky' and 'Storm' made sense, but-

Storm! It's... Orion looked back up from his thoughts in horror as the creature touched the ground with it's crooked and wavering tail, and started wrecking havoc on the forestry below. Nothing could describe the destruction he was witnessing, and the dragons flying from the scene were making it all the more horrifying for the young dragon. I have to run! Now!

Orion turned and sprinted, but with every glance back, he noticed it grew closer and closer. As much as Orion didn't want to admit it, he knew he would never outrun it. He knew, as well, that he couldn't hide. Not a single living thing around him seemed to be staying behind to watch, and that didn't make him any more curious than he already was about whether he would survive or not.

Not but a few seconds from the rock did he notice it seemed to be pulling him towards itself. "No! Stop! I don't want pain!" Orion screamed as he felt his wings catch the wind and his claws scrape the soft ground. Whatever this twisting behemoth was, it was pulling him in, and was probably gonna eat him. Tears formed as the wind started battering him with sand and debris the closer he got to the beast. Orion screamed in a mixture of fear and agony as he was engulf in the strong winds and debris, and eventually fainted from the strange spinning.

Orion had no idea what came next, but he assumed he had ascended to the heavens, and was now returning on his last breath. Orion shot through the sky towards the ground. Orion, not trusting his own strength, refused to halt, or even slow the decent, with his wings. As he approached the ground, however, naturally instinct finally took hold of him and he unfurled his wings and slowed slightly, but not enough.

Orion landed awkwardly on his hind legs, and then tumbled hard onto his back and wings until he had skid to an eventual stop. Pain lanced through his every move as he tried desperately to get up and run from the demon that had taken him, but couldn't find it, or even hear it for that matter. He also couldn't recognize anything. not only was nothing destroyed like his home on the rock should have been, but he couldn't even recognize the types of bushes that were prospering in the distance. Of his years of roaming, he had never seen this place. Was this really the after life or what? Not long after, though, did Orion succumb to his injuries, and fainted once again. Little did he know the storm had just torn away his old life and thrown him into the territory occupied by Light Wings, and he had no idea how it would change everything he knew.

(Requests for more info/clarification is allowed to admins, duh. I hope this isn't bad!)

Last edited by Orion on Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Orion
Orion

Male Scorpio Cat

Back to top Go down

A Chance Encounter. (Closed: Devi, Orion, and Aakesh if available and necessary ) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Chance Encounter. (Closed: Devi, Orion, and Aakesh if available and necessary )

Post by Orion Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:54 am

Orion stared in wonder at the dragon hovering near him. Four?! Orion was baffled, but when the attention was turned to him, he quickly turned to Devi for help, and looked back at the new dragon who was peculiarly small, but could speak just as well as he thought he could. "I'm Orion!" Orion quipped.

Although, this brought him to wonder about Devi's question. Wasn't he already Orion's father? I already wished for it, and I think it came true. Does that mean that this new dragon is my friend?
Orion
Orion

Male Scorpio Cat

Back to top Go down

A Chance Encounter. (Closed: Devi, Orion, and Aakesh if available and necessary ) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Chance Encounter. (Closed: Devi, Orion, and Aakesh if available and necessary )

Post by Arkhor Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:13 am

Raising a brow gasping slightly at the sudden arrival of Aakesh, "This is..." being cut off by Orion as he answered, Continuing with a smile "While I was out yesterday I found him all alone.. injured, So I brought him back.. I think its best if he stays with us Aakesh" Still holding Orion he used his other paw to stroke Aakesh on his head, "So if Orion wants to stay he could be your brother, someone to play with when he gets better that is"
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Orion Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:38 pm

Brother? Orion was confused. His head still hurt, and nothing seemed to be making sense like it usually would. Maybe he was still dreaming. Everything, he noticed, did have that peculiar color and tinge that dreams seamed to have. That, or his vision was...

Yes, his vision. Orion's realization was cut short by the sleep he fell into as he fainted in Devi's arms. All of the stress and injuries combined with the concussion and emotional stress had caused a surge of some sort that fried Orion and threw him into the sleep forced on him.
Orion
Orion

Male Scorpio Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:32 am

As Devi finished talking he noticed that Orion was shuffling a little, only to suddenly notice that he had passed out. Gasping for a second but soon realised that he had fallen asleep, clearly the hatchling was under a lot of strain. Carefully walking back to the bed inside he placed the hatchling back on the soft pillow, looking towards Aakesh he replied "He needs some rest Aakesh.. Though I gona have too spend some time watching over him. I hope you understand son.." laying close by as he rested a paw stroking the unconscious hatchling. Sighing he continued towards Aakesh, "I don't know what hes been through.. but I doubt it was anything good.."
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:14 pm

Aakesh was about to reply to Orion when the smaller dragon suddenly collapsed. The four winged dragon tilted his head, a bit surprised to see him actually collapsing. He listened as Devi explained he would need to stay with that new hatchling, blinking at his adoptive father's last sentence. His look went to the sleeping hatchling, seeming lost in his thoughts for a few seconds. Another hatchling having gone through hard times... Aakesh couldn't forget how he came to know Devi. The look Devi had when looking at Orion... wasn't unlike the one he had looking at Aakesh, back then. Aakesh landed on Devi's back, near the base of his neck.
"Then let's bring him back to the cave." he simply said with a rather serious tone.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:50 pm

// Their already in the room XD, as Orion is on a pillow on Devi's bed. //

Sighing slightly as he looked towards Aakesh gently nuzzling the hatchling, "So.. what are you going to do today?" smiling as he continued "Could always keep me company, plus the more your around with Orion the faster we can be a family" chuckling slightly as he tapped his tail on his son's nose playfully. "Oh.. if you bump into somebody who is wondering where I am just tell them that I'm looking after a hatchling who was injured, and see if we can get a healer to check him over too. I doubt my handy work is the best."
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:10 pm

Aakesh shrugged as Devi asked him what he wanted to do today. His plans had kind of been modified anyway with the arrival of Orion.
"I don't really know. Was about to fly a bit like usual, but... Maybe I'll just go and get a healer. You're indeed not the best for remedies..." the young dragon chuckled.
Aakesh extended his four wings, and leapt of his perch before gliding toward the exit of the room.
"I'll be back in a minute !" he just said before darting away.

And he almost kept his promise. Aakesh was back in about a minute and a half, which was a pretty crazy time to get to the palace healer's place and come back.
"The healer will be there soon !" he announced as he landed next to Devi's bed.
The young dragon watched Orion sleeping, wondering what kind of trouble he had been through. Maybe it was best not to know.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Orion Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:56 pm

It was sometime later when Orion finally woke. Finally, his head was clear and he could recall his last few days of madness. After the strange storm, which he had dubbed 'The Twister' (in his dreaming of course) to good effect, he had concluded that the events after which were completely coincidence and luck, and at some points the two working in unison. After waking, Orion looked around and took in his surroundings for the first time in the proper light, and proper mind. The extravagant stone work and dazzling arches leading to the balcony and out into the sky bewildered him, and he could clearly depict the perfect places to curl up and hide in. After all, his scales would make sure he would be totally hidden from the naked eye.

Despite his marveling, he hadn't seen a soul since he opened his eyes. Where was everyone at this hour? What hour was it in the first place? He grew a little weary and restless, but decided to stay laying down for now. They couldn't have left him.

After another minute, or maybe less, Orion started whimpering. Why was it empty in here? Orion decided some sort of crying, or similar noise in that effect, would bring attention to him. He whimpered and squeaked, letting his tense vocal chords warm up and letting the pitiful sound echo away from him. They couldn't be out of earshot, right?
Orion
Orion

Male Scorpio Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:36 pm

It was almost a whole day since Orion was awake, Devi began to worry as it wasn't normal to sleep for so long. As he left the hatchling to deal with important tasks he was only in the other room incase the little did awake. Soon enough Orion awoke and Devi heard his crying which made him frown sadly, quickly heading back into the bedroom he smiled towards the hatchling trying to reassure him. "Heyy.. hey.. its alright Orion.. I'm here" walking up towards him as he gently nuzzle his snout hope for him to calm down. Chuckling slightly as he replied "You've been asleep for some time sleepy" sticking his tongue out playfully.
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Orion Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:49 pm

Orion didn't mind letting the purr rumble out as Devi returned almost immediately. It was hard not jumping up and hugging him. His comforting words were so soft, and his playfulness made Orion happier than the day he caught his first rodent larger than a rat. His scales turned a bright, yet deep red as he leaned against the kind older dragon.

Orion thought nothing could possibly go wrong in his presence. Devi had done nothing but make his life better. Orion, however, was suddenly curious where the small dragon with extra wings had gone. Although it sounded more strained than usual, Orion's voice had returned enough to speak, so speak he did. "Where is he? Aakinshee... Kesha... Aakesh... Brother! Where did he go?"
Orion
Orion

Male Scorpio Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:48 pm

Chuckling slightly as Orion turned red from his presence, "Aakesh? Oh he'll be flying around somewhere, we didn't know when you would be waking up" smiling he stroked his paw on his back and neck then finally the base of his head. "Don't worry I'm sure he will be back, How are you feeling today Orion?"
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Orion Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:11 pm

Orion purred at Devi's touch. Nothing could feel better than his kind voice rolling around his ears and his kind touch glancing over him.

Orion was not upset that his brother was gone, but he also wished someone would be able to help keep him entertained. Orion purred some more as Devi spoke, but now Orion had to talk. "I'm feeling great... But what am I going to do now? My goodest Rock is gone now, and I don't know any peoples from these places."

Orion
Orion

Male Scorpio Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:23 pm

Raising his brow happily as he coiled his tail around the hatchling in a tail hug, "Your rock? I wouldn't worry about other dragons here we all love hatchlings and would gladly want to meet you" Chuckling slightly as he lowered his snout to nuzzle the little one, knowing that Orion needed love and attention which Devi was happy to provide to make him happier. "So? Want that tour now? you can always ride on me so you don't have to move about much"
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:30 pm

Aakesh indeed had been flying around, as always. The sound of moving air preceded his arrival in the room, storming in at a speed probably no other dragon would dare reaching so close from a wall. Devi might be used to it, but this was sure to make some effect on someone who didn't know him like Orion.
"Oh you're finally awake ! Yay ! So how are you feeling ? I hope you're a good flyer, because if you're going to be my brother you're going to be !" the younger dragon excitedly chirped.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Orion Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:08 pm

Orion was oh so close to answering Devi when Aakesh came zooming in. Orion's surprise was pushed aside with the excitement of his brother. "I'm awake, Aakesh!" However, Aakesh's question brought him right back to Devi's. "Well... Um... I don't fly much" Orion squirmed in his spot. "I don't like it..."

Orion knew their eyes were on him, but he was more afraid of flying then he ever would be of their scrutiny.
Orion
Orion

Male Scorpio Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:24 pm

Smiling slightly with a concerned look he continued to stroke Orion, "Its alright Orion.. I understand that you might not like it at the moment but we can always try together. If you don't like it its okay, I'm here for you either way." Gazing towards Aakesh smiling he spoke softly, "I'm sure he would be a great flyer just give him some time okay?" Nuzzling both of the hatchlings with Orion still wrapped around his tail.
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Orion Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:42 pm

Orion turned a tinge of red. "I... Ok..."

Orion was too scared to say he had never flown more than from a tree or two to another. His scales wouldn't work in the air, and he didn't like the thought of working his already weak from neglect wings more than he needed to.

Orion, being happy still to see Aakesh, jumped up and walked over to him casually. His intent was to scare him playfully, but as soon as he unfurled his wing in a menacing fashion, a lancing pain raced from his wing and straight to his vocal chords as he let out a yip of pain and crumpled before the smaller dragon.

Oh... Crap. I'm still broken...
Orion
Orion

Male Scorpio Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:57 am

Aakesh had a very small frown as Orion said he didn't like flying. There was no such thing in the world as not liking to fly ! Especially for the one that was now his brother. He smiled and nodded as Devi said they would get him to like it.
"Yep, we'll get you to enjoy it ! You'll see, it's awesome and all ! And when you will, I'll train you personally to be the Lightwing's second best flyer ! How does that sound, brother ?" he told Orion with an excited grin.
The young dragon got a bit surprised when Orion stood up and walked toward him. It was as if he had something in mind... but before he could do anything Aakesh saw Orion yelping in pain and crumpling before him. Aakesh's look became concerned as he patted Orion with his wing.
"Orion ? Don't move too much if you're hurt. We'll have all the time we want once you'll be healed." he told him, unsure what to do.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:07 am

Gasping slightly as Orion tried to move frowning sadly as he cried out from the pain. Quickly picking him up with his paws gently avoiding his painful areas, "Its alright Orion.. your body still needs time okay?" holding him against his chest for comfort again, chuckling slightly he continued "Aakesh is right Orion, you guys will have plenty of time together later, so take it easy" stroking his paw against his neck and snout again trying to reassure the hatchling.
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Orion Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:55 am

Orion growled. Never had he had to wait on something like this. "I don't want to wait! I..." Orion realized quickly that he was getting fiesty and retracted his raised voice. "How lon do I have to wai-ait?" Orion whined. He was really excited to see where he actually was, and he needed to know if there were other dragons outside the increasingly claustrophobic castle.
Orion
Orion

Male Scorpio Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:17 pm

Smiling slightly knowing that Orion wasn't like being restricted due to his injuries, "Its alright Orion, you can come with around the palace. You don't have to be stuck in this room." offering a paw towards the hatchling as he prepared to lift him onto his head if he accepted.
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Orion Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:24 pm

Orion pondered it for a second. At least he wouldn't be pent up here forever. He smiled in anticipation of all the fun things he was going to do. Just as he did, though, his stomach growled. It wasn't loud, but he could feel it. Devi was coming in to pick him up, but Orion accepted happily, hoping Devi would not make him fly. "Um... When do you hunt...? I'm... I'm a little hungry" Orion said as Devi came to pick him up.
Orion
Orion

Male Scorpio Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:08 pm

Chuckling slightly as Orion was hungry, "Well.. I won't be taking you out on a hunt for some time till your better, but we can grab something too eat before we head out" placing him onto his head, allowing him to grasp hold of his horns and head. Slowly beginning to walk so that Orion could get the hang of it, since it was doubtful the hatchling had ridden anything before. As they headed out into the palace main hall, Devi grabbed a fish from the stockpile pointing it up towards Orion. "You like fish? If you want I can cut it up for you"
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Orion Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:39 pm

Orion looked at the fish with confusion. Cut it up? How does cutting a fish make it better? Wouldn't it waste some of it? "I... Why do you have a fish? Do you not hunt? And wouldn't cutting it waste some???"

Orion
Orion

Male Scorpio Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:22 pm

Raising his brow in confusion at Orion's statement then remembering that he was alone for some time. "Oh.. we have a stockpile of food, basically we have hunters in the tribe who provide the whole tribe food if they require. Of course I hunt too but its more like a sport here. With the cutting I offered so you could eat it easier if you so desire." smiling stroking him slightly with his paw, "Go on feel free to take what you want, I'm guessing you havn't eaten so much in a long time. It will help you heal Orion"
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next