Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Low Tide (private? Arkhor) Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Low Tide (private? Arkhor) Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Low Tide (private? Arkhor)

2 posters

Go down

Low Tide (private? Arkhor) Empty Low Tide (private? Arkhor)

Post by Vrede Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:35 pm

Vrede was more and more enveloped by her work in the sea gardens these days. For years she had tended them because they gave her everything she and her tribe needed to survive. When the sand was clean, the plants thriving, and the coral colorful the sea going dragons could expect high fish yields and plentiful plant growth for salads. Food could be gotten form these sea gardens all year long even with the cool period in-between. Farming; it was one of the more humble jobs that had no recognition in the tribe, being a farmer, but it helped to support the entire tribe with all kinds of plants, and fish to dine on or use for healing. Farmers were neither healer nor some kind of guardian over the plants since they mostly have no knowledge of healing and no experience fighting (in most cases) and so mostly a dragon who farmed was just seen to have an interesting hobby involving plants.

Vrede had been taking care of her sea gardens for many many years, and they had in return given her food and shelter. Despite living in a tribe she actually preferred being way out in the middle of the ocean no where near her tribe's palace and cities. She was the type of dragon who might enjoy company, but also could enjoy being alone.

Mostly she stayed away from the seawing cities unless she needed supplies or had to go the tribe meetings and events. Though she did visit the shrine to the god of life to pray every moon. This is what she was doing at this very moment.

Vrede's gardens had sometimes experienced die offs when the water currents got too cool or too warm. Sometimes they'd get sick or diseased, but usually the gardens were always able to bounce back. The past three years now Vrede had watched her gardens go through the normal decrease and increase of life, but the increase had not been substantial like normal. When the decrease in plant and coral population came around normally, it was in far greater proportions than it should have been. Her gardens and reefs were bleaching and dying at far larger quantities than ever before and Vrede was very worried about it. Nearly all of her corals were gone now, and those were the most important parts of the gardens. She needed help, but did not know where to go, and so she went to the shrine of the sea god.

It was there in one of the underwater shrines that she settled upon the smooth basalt floor and dipped her head in prayer. Her words were quiet whispers as she called to Arkhor for assistance.

Oh great god of the sea's hear my prayer and shine your grace upon thee. I ask you to help me heal the under water gardens, and to bring back the colorful reefs. Or perhaps give me a way to reverse its death. Vrede called out with a great sigh. Her fins flicked out for a moment and she opened her eyes to look to the rest of the shrine and it's helpers. She needed to give something in return for her prayer, not that this was normal as most dragons did not do this, but Vrede believed that it helped. She had brought some of the last of her healthy montipora corals to the shrine hoping that they survive here where the god might come to visit. They also served as a nice gift to the shrine itself.

Vrede

Female Posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Low Tide (private? Arkhor) Empty Re: Low Tide (private? Arkhor)

Post by Arkhor Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:40 am

For many days Ark was watching over his shrines as he wanted to help those who where in need, many of which he helped without them even knowing. Providing hope and answers mainly to those with grief and worries. Only one day a certain dragoness had asked for help with the dying coral within the waters, turning his attention he knew that climate was changing slightly but seeing that it was effecting others he knew that drastic action was needed. Slowly he appeared at one of his main underwater temples, first out of sight shortly after Vrede gave her gift to shrine, not that Ark was looking for gifts. Making an appearance as he walked down closer towards her he softly spoke "So I hear.. the gardens are in trouble? I will gladly help cure this problem." Being fully recognisable he already had a few kneeling before him which he sighed towards, he never wanted people to bow to him in fact it was quite embarrassing. "Its alright.. you don't need to bow or anything everyone is equal including myself, so don't think yourself as a 'lesser' because you are not"

As his orange gaze explored the shrine he waited for a response, hoping that he didn't cause the dragoness any shock. "Your gifts are welcome but not necessary, all gifts towards me are to help others, as we should all help each other." Gazing towards the helpers of the shrine he gestured towards them to dismiss them, as they would only hinder him at the moment with their 'praising'.
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Vrede Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:32 pm

Vrede stiffened and held her breath as a softly spoken voice sounded behind her. The presence alone clued her in to who was behind her. She didn't dare look around at him because she could see the shrine helpers all bowing or kneeling along with other attendants. It wasn't until he began to ask the others not to bow that she started to turn her head and body to gaze at him in wonder. She obeyed though, and did not bow; instead dipping her head in a greeting that she would give to any dragon who approached her to socialize. While her outward appearance was calm and accepting of the situation her eyes brimmed with hope, wonder, and awe. The sea god came down to answer her! Her of all the other dragons here!

She was still resisting the urge to bow, but managed to stand still as the streamlined dragon held her corals that were supposed to be gifts. His refusal of the gift she accepted immediately, though she had hoped that being in the shrine they might not die. What am I thinking, if he's here then the corals can be saved and put back into the reef. It was after this thought that a large bright smile, one she rarely if ever used, cast upon her face. She was so happy that he was here! The gardens would be saved!

Will you have to use your powers to fix the gardens? Vrede asked holding her corals close to her breast with one of her two oddly shaped fins that might very well be vestigial limbs.

Vrede

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:14 pm

// thought about a good idea for the topic, what if there was something causing this like a creature or an element. Something Ark couldn't see yet Vrede spots it. //

Tilting his head slightly smiling "Well I'm sure there's a way to fix it, first the cause of the problem should be found though" now that they where alone it was easier to talk, "So.. when did these changes started to happen?" he asked with a curious look, keeping his distance since he didn't want her to feel uncomfortable. Even with all of Ark's experience he still needed information about this illness effecting the coral, hoping to gain some answers he waited for her response. Noticing that she was nervous he tried to calm her, "There's no reason to be afraid of me Vrede, and yeah I recognise you from my time with the tribe."
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Vrede Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:44 pm

Vrede nods slowly, the spikes and webbing arranged in parallel lines on her body bobbing up and down with her movements. Then she opened her maw to answer his query.

Well over a three year cycle it started out as small areas of reef being affected. The changes were so small I noted it but thought nothing of it at the time. I figured it was just the oceans cycle of death, rebirth, and wildlife density in the reef damaging it. However this past year it got tremendously worse. The damage seems to peak during the warmer months when the corals throw out their spores, the plants, and the animals reproduce. That makes me think that it is animal related, but the species on the reefs all look the same as normal. Vrede explains as she looks down to the corals held in her fins.

He then tried to ease her tension with some calm smooth words. It worked, but mostly because she was aware that he seemed bothered by her stress which made the she dragon force herself to relax. She'd been in the tribe for many many years, since birth actually, and had seen many dragons come and go despite keeping to herself most of the time. Perhaps she had seen him, as he had her, during some of the meetings.

Vrede

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:09 pm

Nodding from her reply, smiling slightly he noticed her focus towards calming. "Well it sounds like you've figured it out mostly, though I can always have a look around if you would show me?" chuckling slightly as he stood tall gazing towards her. Explaining his thoughts "What ever it maybe, I'm sure we can find it. Your a lot smarter than you think Vrede" smiling kindly he gazed towards the entrance of the shrine as he heard a noise yet it must of only been another follower. "Alright.. when your ready we can go"
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Vrede Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:37 pm

Vrede nods to the god then looks towards the shrine entrance when he does. She was hesitating to leave though unsure if he would follow her or if he was to lead. If he was god of the seas he would know all of them wouldn't he? She wouldn't mind leading though, especially after the compliment he'd just given her.

Well let's get going then.Blushing inwardly Vrede decided herself to step forward and try to lead him out of the shrine and into the open sea bed. It would take them a while to swim there where her gardens were. She started to swim upwards through the water pausing to see if he would over take and lead her or follow.

Vrede

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:35 pm

Raising a brow as she began leading the way he chuckled to himself slightly, following her out into the open ocean. "Vrede aren't you forgetting something?" smirking playfully as his gaze look towards her fin, gently grabbing it and replying "Don't hold your breath" moments later Ark teleported them both into one of her gardens. "There... you alright? It can take a while to get used to"
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Vrede Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:25 pm

Vrede had stopped as the grande seawing god touched her. A sharp intake of her breath sounded like a low whistle as Vrede looks to Arkhor amazed that he would touch her at all. Godly beings were supposed to be these untouchable things, and yet he was right there helping her. She ducked her head and then wondered about his warning.

Don't hold my brea- Her thoughts were interrupted by an odd sensation and the world shifting around her. When they materialized at her gardens she felt sick, but somehow Vrede kept it in. Fish swam away frightened at the two dragons who had impossibly appeared out of thin air.

Swaying she didn't even notice when she accidentally leaned on Arkhor. It wasn't until she slid away from him towards a patch of bleached and broken coral that crumpled under her hefty weight. Still horribly dizzy Vrede gazed around until her eyes fell on Arkhor.

My.. that was... fun. She was being sincere not wanting to offend the gmale, but some could have taken the comment as sarcastic.

Vrede

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:39 pm

Smiling as he chuckled from her reaction, "Sorry.. Vrede.. it's just quicker, plus didn't want you getting tired" Noticing that she was leaning on him he smiled nervously as he stroked her back for a moment trying to help against the sickening feeling. Nodding slightly as he continued "So.. want to show me the damage? I can see some here..."
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down