Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

To the Earth (Rii) Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

To the Earth (Rii) Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

To the Earth (Rii)

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

To the Earth (Rii) Empty To the Earth (Rii)

Post by Rye Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:16 pm

Rye had been searching for years now. Lead on endless trails that had reached to places he'd never been. Then again, every step was a new adventure. He never stopped thinking about the one that he had lost as a child, or the family that grew apart after her departure. Over mountains and into the cold he'd gone, until today.

Her scent has came and gone over the years, his sensitive tongue picking up any traces he could from the ground. Rains have washed them out, but they always seemed to come back. He'd follow them and met up with other dragons, asking and pulling any information from her out of them. Some had left him on false trails, and others he couldn't be sure of.

The scent in this part was strong. It smelled earthy, and he could tell that there were many dragons around here. No matter the dragons he continued forward, his tongue flicking out taking in the scent. If it wasn't that, he could almost feel a pull. Maybe the pull could've been from him wanting to find her, the memories that had caused him sorrow, or maybe it was an actual pull, the one that made him not give up. The one that told him he might find her one day.

They never would've seen it coming. They never thought it could happen. The rumble of water that gently shook the ground, only the one could feel. When they woke it was to late, the flood of water carrying everything with them. It was a surprise no one had gotten hit by the various trees, rock or animals, but it was the night she decided to leave.

He rounded around trees and climbed over rocks. Every step he felt like he was getting somewhere, maybe closer, but he could also be getting farther away from his goal. He'd been traveling since last night, his limbs tiring from the countless miles. Setting his sights on a boulder he coiled around it, setting his head on the ground. I'll only rest for a minute.

Last edited by Rye on Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rye
Rye
EarthWing Hatchling
EarthWing Hatchling

Male Posts : 41

Back to top Go down

To the Earth (Rii) Empty Re: To the Earth (Rii)

Post by Rii Rii Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:36 pm

Rii had been hunting for Au again. The tender flesh of the smaller deer and young goats that lived in the earthwing's area was perfect for the little nightwing hatchling to rip into and digest. She had tracked a lone doe and fawn to the edge of the earthwing's territory.

The wind shifted as she jumped through the trees and the scent of a male dragon caught Rii completely off guard. In fact she was so surprised at the scent, which was achingly familiar to her, that she tumbled from the branch she had been aiming for and landed hard upon the ground. Getting up quickly and standing still as a stone Rii scents the area then lets her tongue slip out to taste at the air.

It can't be... She wonders as her tongue flicking increases in frequency battering the air with its forked tips. Rigid and tense, Rii slowly puts one claw in front of the other and weaves her way around the trees to investigate the scent that reminded her so much of her older brother.

Clutching Mairii in her right front claw tightly Rii came upon a sleeping dragon. Her eyes took in his adult form, a form she had not seen in many years, and a startled look entered her features. Rii didn't know what to do right that moment. Her heart was silent as a grave and her body was a frozen as ice while the woman watched Rye sleep.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

http://www.tribalcorn.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:16 pm

In his light sleep the male's whiskers felt slight vibrations. He passed it off for some woodland creature, or maybe a herd of deer. It was only when he flicked his tongue out did he realize what it was.

He darted up, the snake's eyes coming open. On his face showed disbelief and what looked like joy. It was like someone had shot him with an arrow. Before he could consider what he was about to do he flung himself at Rii, attempting to embrace her with his coils.

He put his muzzle in her blue hair, taking in her scent. Rye felt the tears come to his eyes, but he didn't let them stop. He was happy, almost as happy when he saw her hatch. Maybe he was happier, his lifetime of searching as done, it wasn't a waste. She wasn't dead, he found her at last.
Rye
Rye
EarthWing Hatchling
EarthWing Hatchling

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:28 pm

The males eyes breaking open and the quick movements of his long body thereafter yanked Rii out of her shock. However she was not fast enough to defend herself from his attack. She , staggered sideways, hissed, and snarled as he wrapped himself around her body. As he tightened his hug Rii dipped her head forward in a lightning fast strike with her venom covered fangs to a vulnerable soft spot beneath the males chest.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:51 pm

Rye was struck with a sharp pain to his chest, an unexpected roar coming from his maw. He fell back, still slightly coiled around Rii but his coils loosened. He laid there for a second before slowly blinking. He felt different, like he couldn't function just right.

Attempting to lift himself up Rye tried to urge himself to go faster, but couldn't. He looked at Rii questioning, a small look of hurt in his eyes. He'd always been fearful of this day, Rii hating him for something that happened over a decade ago. His heart slowly dropped. Was that what was happening now?
Rye
Rye
EarthWing Hatchling
EarthWing Hatchling

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:56 pm

Rii snarled at Rye as his coils loosened and she was able to extricate herself from his long body. Then he faced him glaring angrily at the purplish dragon.

Why are you here?! She cried gripping the skull in her claws even more tightly.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:03 pm

He blinked at her again, trying to form words with his slow movement. With the slowness his tongue couldn't get where it needed in the time it took, so Rye's speech sounded more like a mixture of growls and other dragons sounds. There was now a bit of blood trickling down his underside where she bit him. Rye's face showed a mixture of frustration and worriedness as he tried to talk.
Rye
Rye
EarthWing Hatchling
EarthWing Hatchling

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:07 pm

As Rye became flustered while trying to speak and answer Rii, the bluish she dragon grew more and more angry. She was angry at herself mostly for lashing out at the male making him incapable of speech for now he could not answer her. Not for a short while anyway.

She growled deeply while her fur raises and lowers along with her breathing. The spines in her tail fur also raise and lower as Rii flicks her long tail this way and that in agitation.

Rye... Why are you here? Why didn't you stay with mom and dad like a good son? You shouldn't be here! This is our new home not yours! Rii flailed her wings and reared onto her hind legs trying to make herself look larger than she really was. The hatchling dragon skull in her paw was now clearly visible as she arched her neck and balanced in this pose before Rye.

Since he was a bit larger than she, Rii didn't want to take any chances with Rye attacking her again. So she stayed as she was trying to intimidate him into backing down.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:09 pm

Rye watched as Rii got angrier, his face going from frustrated to sad and scared. He continued to try and talk to her, try to calm her down and tell her he was fine. When she started to speak again it hit him like a bullet. She didn't want him here, she never even wanted him to look for her. She never wanted to see him again.

He lowered his head, feeling the tears slowly well in his eyes. His gaze has gone to the forest floor, seeing a lonely bug walked through the stalks. His ears flattened as he stopped trying to talk. It was no use to try anymore. He looked up at her once more, catching the glint of the skull in her paw. She still blamed him.

It stung, almost like fire. Maybe even more than that. He closed his wet eyes before opening them again and turning, slowly slinking off back to the boulder. Rye wasn't even sure where his parents were anymore, he'd lost track of where their cave was from all of his wandering, and with Rii as his only known live relitive who now hated him, he didn't know what to do anymore. Maybe he'd just walk away, maybe to a dark cave where he'd lay until the end.
Rye
Rye
EarthWing Hatchling
EarthWing Hatchling

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:53 pm

Rii's chest swells as she watches Rye cringe. Domination was something that she had understood even as a hatchling while watching the animals near their nest. That was one bad thing about her, the she dragon did like the feeling of making others cower before her. She liked to lead and have her words followed.

The reason she didn't try to dominate others often was because Rii saw dominating others outside of combat as rude and vulgar. She was an ever prideful woman who's vain attitude meant that she would not try to dominate anyone and look bad in the process.

This was like a battle though, a battle that Rii had played out many times in her imaginings. With no one else around to watch spare for Mairii the bluish green she dragon had no trouble showing her somewhat darker side. Especially when she held so much misplaced hatred for him.

Rii drops down to all fours again pleased that Rye was now headed towards a boulder. However now she had no idea what to do with him. Years of hatred towards her brother for saving HERSELF instead of little Mairii urged the woman to make Rye pay for his crimes, but she didn't know just how to do it.

She also knew deep inside her heart that she couldn't kill him. She would not drop so low to kill her own blood even if he had wronged her. Though many times through the years she had imagined herself doing just this, among other horrible things to him. Now though she didn't know what to do with him.

For a long moment she stood there silent just watching him and deciding what to do next. She couldn't beat the snot out of him with Mairii watching, and besides Rii had grown curious as to what had happened to his life after she had left. Did his crime weigh on his mind constantly? Had he suffered while she was gone? Rii wanted to know.

So how are our parents anyway? and the nest? Or did you leave after killing Mairii too? Rii asked much later knowing that her venom would be working for about ten or so more minutes. Now that he could answer her, or should be able to, she asked her questions calmly then waited for answers. Her gem-like eyes glittered as she watched him coldly.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:17 pm

His paw had just hit the cool grey rock again when she spoke. His ears perked as she spoke to him again, but went back to laying flat. It was true, he did kill her. But he didn't feel like that was entirely right.

Turning back to her he looked into her cold eyes with a sense of grief. He was getting faster motions, and trying out his tongue again he made some hissing sounds, looking like a dog with peanut butter. He could finally speak again after a minute.

"Our parents... They were heartbroken. I stayed with them until I went out to... find you," he started, glancing at the ground and back at her. After a bit of silence he continued, as he wasn't much of a talker. "The nest? I'm not sure. I didn't stay long enough to know if they ever had another..." To replace her... he thought.

Mentally shaking his head at the thought he looked back, starting into her cold gaze. Now it was down to the harder question. "I didn't leave after killing Mairii," he hissed, taking a second to close his eyes and take a deep breath. He didn't want to get mad, especially not with her. "I left to find you. Even if you don't like the idea or care about me, I've been looking all my life for you."

The male thought back to that terrible night. It still did come to haunt his dreams sometimes, acting like a wave of darkness that came with Rii. It never went to him saving Mairii, but sometimes it went to him dying instead. The two were happy and Rii stayed. It stopped after his body washed up somewhere on the shore.

He took a breath. He had two options, either tell her what she wanted to hear or the truth. Closing his eyes he thought for a moment. She was smart, and probably wouldn't be happy with him lying or just know he wasn't speaking truthfully. To add to that, he wasn't a liar.

"Rii..." he started, "I know how much you loved Mairii. I loved her too, even if now you don't believe that. If I could've, I would've healed her, but I can't heal someone that's already... dead. She was young... but I've heard that in the first years of life is when more hatchlings die. If I saved her she might be dead already." He paused. She was probably furious at his words already

"You were also closer. I didn't even know who I grabbed until we got to shore. Out parents were devastated. If... I could go back now... I'd save both of you and have rather drowned." Rye paused and mummered, "Maybe the dreams would be true..."
Rye
Rye
EarthWing Hatchling
EarthWing Hatchling

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:17 am

Rii listened intently not interrupting Rye until it seemed that he was done. She debated on his words and what to do with herself now. She couldn't drop to his level and kill, or let a family member die on her watch. So smooshing his head into the ground and dropping a very heavy rock onto it was out of the question. So what should she do with him?

A few options began to form in her mind. Not answering any of Rye's comments or trying to make him feel better, Rii began to circle him.

I could chase him away from the earthwings... She thought quietly while looking over his healthy but worn body. Rogue life was hard on a dragon, and she could see that he had had a hard time with it just as she had. Did she really want him to disappear though? Not knowing if he had found a better life or not? Or did she want to keep him close and try to make him suffer? Or at least annoy him at the very least as often as she could.

Where the hell are you going now? She asked still not sure if she really wanted to keep him around just to spite him the whole time.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:42 pm

Rye watched as Rii didn't answer him, but instead began to circle him. He sighed and lowered his head, almost expecting her to strike him. His coils tightened around the rock and anything his paws were gripping on got squeezed more.

He let her examine him, waiting and not moving anything by the rise and fall of his hide. She asked him a question and the male raised his head slightly. I am... unsure. I thought that... when I found you... We could patch up old things... Possibly... Start over... He met her gaze with uncertain eyes. Part of it was from what she was going to think. Her answer was most likely 'no' but... He sighed and put his head on the ground, avoiding her gaze again.
Rye
Rye
EarthWing Hatchling
EarthWing Hatchling

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:37 pm

Rii stopped in her place and watched him further. His body was so tense now he was almost shaking. She might as well answer him truthfully then if he was ready for it.

No I will never forgive you for choosing me over her, but neither will I let you run away again. Rii looked to the left where the trees grew in a rather dense stand.

You'll come with me and join the earthwings. Think of that as our fresh start you are looking for. Then I can keep you close to me until the day you die. Then I'm taking those pretty antlers of yours to decorate my head or perhaps some of my jewelry. Rii huffed loudly then looked back to Rye to see what his expression was.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:24 pm

Rye already knew her answer. The only part that would change would be less than none. He couldn't fully understand why she wouldn't forgive him, but he didn't want to question it either. It made him wonder if his parents saved them rather than him. They'd probably be able to save them all.

Her next words were unexpected. He slightly perked, looking at her elegant form. She really had grown into a nice young woman from when she was young. He gave a small chuckle at her last , although it still sounded somewhat sad.

You live in a tribe now? He asked, lifting his upper body up and putting his arms out, crossing them. He was glad that she still did care somewhere, and that he wouldn't have to leave her again.
Rye
Rye
EarthWing Hatchling
EarthWing Hatchling

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:17 pm

Rii wondered if Rye realized just how serious she was? It seemed as if he thought that she was joking about his antlers. Snorting once and blowing two clouds of smoke out of her nostrils, Rii turned and began walking back towards the earthwing tribe. She had no idea what she had originally come out here to do, having forgotten it in all the drama. Now all she meant to do was either notify one of Ryalatha's animals or one of the guards who might be nearby to tell the king that they had a visitor. Ri only pauses once to make sure that Rye is following.

Yes I live with the earthwing tribe now. It's much more safe than living alone. Rii answered him finally. She only stopped in case Rye wasn't following her.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:40 pm

Rye followed Rii as she began to walk. How long have you lived with them? he asked. The male then wondered what would happen if they didn't like him. What if he didn't get accepted into the tribe?
Rye
Rye
EarthWing Hatchling
EarthWing Hatchling

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:04 am

A Great Eagle was soaring overhead. In fact, it was the same Eagle Rii had attacked when she first came to the area. Dwenal spotted the newest addition to the EarthWing Tribe and flew down to say hello. "Hello, Miss. Remember me?Who is this antlered fellow here and why are you leading him to the tribe?"
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:53 am

Rii stiffens as the shadow of something big overhead passes under the sun. She gazes upwards as a great eagle alights upon the earth and peers at her. Rii hated eagles, and hawks, and falcons, and pretty much any flying predator. She held back a snarl as it began to form on her face knowing that she would only get injured by attacking and killing this huge raptor. She only hoped that it didn't hold a grudge against her for attacking it last time.

As it spoke in its strange lilting voice, Rii listened then swung her tail to coil it around her feet.

Firstly, I was looking for a guard, patrol, or guardian creature like you. I was not taking him directly to the tribe. Secondly, this here is Rye, and he is my brother who wants to join the earthwing tribe. Is there any way you can inform one of the guards or someone in the tribe to come out and look him over themselves? Unless the king wants me to bring him down personally, then of course I'll do that. Rii didn't even give Rye the chance to say that he didn't want to join up. Instead she did all the talking, and cast him a meaningful glare to keep quiet.

At least the eagles voice didn't sound angry with her. Only curious.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:18 am

Rye watched where Rii was looking to come upon a great eagle. He didn't hate flying things as much as his sister did, but he could tell she didn't like it. He wondered if he should be ready to attack it, but what could an eagle like this do anyways?

The long male was about to reply to the eagle's question when Rii cut him off, speaking fiercely. He was going to try again when she shot him a glare. At least he wasn't one for talking anyways. Rye relaxed and let them speak.
Rye
Rye
EarthWing Hatchling
EarthWing Hatchling

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:28 am

Dwenal looked from Rii to the as the former spoke. "I can inform the Guardians to admit him. But you have brought him, you must bring him before the King yourself. Good luck, Miss and sibling." With that, the Great Eagle took to the air and began the usual message relay.

A Scout left the waterfall entrance open and a Guardian waited to tell Rii where she might find King Baldirak.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:21 am

Rii nodded to the eagle as he spoke to her then blew a plume of smoke from her nostrils. I understand thank you. She replied just before the bird took off and headed for the tribe. Rii looked to Rye and eyed him coldly.

So what are you going to say when you meet the king? She asks this with a meaningful tone who's underlying message was "...what good things are you going to tell the king or else I'll mess you up...".

She walks along towards the waterfall making sure that Rye was still trailing behind her or walking beside her. She wasn't going to let him get away from her. Not with how annoyed with him she was feeling.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:49 am

Rye sat still until she started to move again, leading him to the king, or at least that's where he assumed she was taking him. He ignored her cold glare slightly but her words were just as icy. He wasn't sure what he was going to say, or that we was going to be talking to him. I'd... most likely explain why I'm here... That you're my sister... And what I could do to help the... tribe... He looked up at her, his eyes almost asking if that was good enough, like a child to a parent asking for approval.
Rye
Rye
EarthWing Hatchling
EarthWing Hatchling

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:20 pm

Rii nods and smiles at her brothers wise answer as they tread through the forest carefully. A giant deer flees to their right disturbed by the two lanky dragons moving through the thick undergrowth.

Very good. She flicked her tail gently under his chin praising Rye warmly while listening to their surroundings. The sound of thunder from the waterfalls was echoing through the trees as the pair of lean dragons neared the earthwing tribe. Her eyes picked out the spray of water filtering through the trees allowing thick blankets of moisture loving moss to grow all over the trees and rocks of the area. Trotting over a thick moss bed around the bend of trees, Rii then pauses as she waits for Rye to see what she was seeing.

The waterfall was tall, but more wide than anything. It's thundering roar could be heard for a long ways. What was most impressive about the falls were the rainbows that circulated through the sun lit mists. The tunnels are this way. She says after pausing to look at the beauty of the area then begins walking towards the waterfall where the guard should be.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:42 pm

Vilkas was the Guardian--rather, the Trainee--who waited for the pair of serpentine Dragons. He could just see them throw the veil of water and he poked his head out. "Hello again, Rii. Well, let's get going I have to get back to my training after this. Uncle Dirak is in his den." The demi-god pulled his head back behind the waterfall and walked into the tunnel behind it. This tunnel led right into the Main Chamber, and from here Vilkas quickly escorted Rii and her sibling to his Uncle's den.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next