Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

A Day of Learning ((Shine and Adra)) Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

A Day of Learning ((Shine and Adra)) Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

A Day of Learning ((Shine and Adra))

3 posters

Go down

A Day of Learning ((Shine and Adra)) Empty A Day of Learning ((Shine and Adra))

Post by Adra Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:54 pm

Narrowing her wings until they were almost closed, Adra dove down towards the island. She snapped her wings out about a hundred feet above, and splash landed in the water beside the island, kicking her way to the surface and popping her head up happily, looking around. Today she was having a lesson with Shiningwater! She knew that she had them all the time, but she liked learning to heal. She was always nervous that her ability would fail her, and if it did, she needed knowledge to back it up, like the best healer possible. Swimming towards the island, Adra pulled herself out of the water, shaking her body to help dry her dripping scales. She then ran across the sand and layed down in the sun to wait for Shine, sighing happily at the warmth.
Adra
Adra
SeaWing Hatchling
SeaWing Hatchling

Female Posts : 110

Back to top Go down

A Day of Learning ((Shine and Adra)) Empty Re: A Day of Learning ((Shine and Adra))

Post by Shiningwater Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:35 am

The day was calm and quiet on the island Shine now called home. The glowing stripes on her legs made it impossible for her to sneak towards Adra, who she had arranged a training session with. The small swath to trees was lit with a very faint blue glow, and the Goddess stepped out of the trees, Corry padding after her excitedly. She smiled when she saw the trainee. "Ready, Adra?" She asked, stopping to let Corry catch up. She turned slightly to head to the herb patch she kept when the trainee was ready. it was the perfect place to train and memorize what herb did what, as Shine kept a stock of nearly every herb.
Shiningwater
Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

http://squidkid11.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

A Day of Learning ((Shine and Adra)) Empty Re: A Day of Learning ((Shine and Adra))

Post by Adra Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:44 pm

A little flash of light caught her eye, and Adra picked her head up excitedly, bouncing to her feet as her mentor stepped into the clearing, her own small tail stripe flashing for a moment in excitement. "Good Morning Shine," she said happily. "And good morning to you too as well, Corry!"

When asked if she was ready, she nodded excitedly, smiling. "I'm always ready!" she replied as she headed towards the herb patch. "What do I start with?"
Adra
Adra
SeaWing Hatchling
SeaWing Hatchling

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:46 pm

Shine smiled at the trainee's eagerness, and sat down, curling her long, finned tail near her as Corry purred in response to the greeting he had gotten, and was now bouncing excitedly in the rows between the herb patches. He'd been taught to not walk on the herbs, but the rows between were fair game. Shine watched him for a moment, before returning her attention to Adra. "Well, can you show me which herbs you would use to heal a deep infected wound, and how you would use them?" She aske,d starting off with a quick quiz to make sure the trainee still remembered everything she needed.
Shiningwater
Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Adra Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:29 pm

At the question, Adra went completely still, thinking. Plants for an infected, deep wound.... "Rose," she said carefully. "To staunch the bleeding. Comfrey and yarrow to help heal it. Coptis and cinnamon or clove to stop infection." She listed each out carefully and clearly, looking at Shine curiously when she finished, wondering if she'd gotten them all correct.

Last edited by Adra on Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adra
Adra
SeaWing Hatchling
SeaWing Hatchling

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:30 pm

Shine nodded with a smile. "Good, now how would you prepare them, and which of these herbs is which?" She asked, sweeping her tail over the garden of multicolored plants, bushes, stalks, and trees. Each served a different purpose, while still others lived underwater. Corry sniffed at one, and she giggled. "Corry, don't touch the catnip." She warned, not wanting to loose her supply of the herb.
Shiningwater
Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Adra Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:35 pm

Adra looked unsure a moment. "Make a palituce of rose and comfrey and wrap it in one of the three final herbs I mentioned?" She then turned to gaze to the plants, looking confused. "You want me to name all of them?" she asked, daunted by the idea, considering the size of Shine's garden.
Adra
Adra
SeaWing Hatchling
SeaWing Hatchling

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:41 am

((Sorry, motivation's in the dumps.))
Shine nodded, then smiled at the question. "No, only the ones you mentioned." She said, smiling. The catfish sauntered up to the apprentice blinking large eyes at her, before stalking around to the stripe on her tail. Quickly loosing interest, Corry turned back to Shine and batted at the glowing stripes on her tail as Shine absentmindedly flashed them for him.
Shiningwater
Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Adra Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:37 pm

"Oh..." Adra nodded, opening her mouth to reply but pausing when she felt Corry brush her tail. She glanced back at him curiously for a moment, watching until he wandered back over to Shine. Then she cleared her throat, and stood, looking around until she found one of the herbs. "Rose," She said, going over to the red flowers, brushing one carefully with her tail to point it out. "And comfrey," She motioned to the small leaved green plant a few rows away from her. "Clove is a few plants down from the comfrey, and I believe cinnamon and coptis are on the other side of the garden."
Adra
Adra
SeaWing Hatchling
SeaWing Hatchling

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:54 pm

Shine smiled and nodded. "Perfect! Now, I want you to collect some yarrow from the patch. It's your job to find it, and collect it correctly." She said, her eyes sweeping over the plants. She'd chosen one with a stronger scent so it would be easier to find for the trainee, but one that was useful in many cases. "It's important to know what each herb smells and looks like, so you can find it if you don't enough on hand." She paused, then added on. "the most commonly used ones anyway."
Shiningwater
Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephyros Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:13 pm

Adra looked worried; she'd never been the best at tracking scents. But she nodded, and carefully stepped into the garden, her nose lowering to the ground as she tried to find the scent of yarrow. Her tail flicked back in forth in concentration. It wasn't until much later that she came to the area where it was, frowning and pausing before looking and finding it by sight, looking at Shine and pointing at the plant with a foreclaw. "Yarrow," She said.
Zephyros
Zephyros
God of Storms and Lightning
God of Storms and Lightning

Male Posts : 237

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down