Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

The Dragon God and Goddess Religions  Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

The Dragon God and Goddess Religions  Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

The Dragon God and Goddess Religions

+14
Arkhor
Rylatha
Aura
Shiningwater
NightFlare
Celestia
Lori Iolar
Frostflare
Tenebris
Zephyros
Blaze
Cosmos
Folan
Neru
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Dragon God and Goddess Religions  Empty The Dragon God and Goddess Religions

Post by Celestia Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:39 pm

Goddess of Gods
Astral( full God) Goddess of the Moon and Stars:
Name of Religion: Astralogy

Description:
Astralogy is the following and worship of the goddess Astral and her ideals. She is known by many names. The goddess of the moon and stars, the goddess of space, the goddess of heaven, the goddess of physics, the goddess of knowledge & wisdom, and the goddess of light and dark.

There are two kinds of people who worship Astral. First are those who value knowledge and second are those who value the light and sun or anything else that resides in space.

Rules and Customs:
1. You may worship other gods as long as you follow my teachings and customs and their teachings and customs do not conflict with mine.
2. In wisdom and in knowledge there is power.
3. One should seek as much wisdom as they do knowledge.
4. Be aware of all things, for the greatest evil in the world is the unknown.
5. Respect your elders both in age, wisdom, and knowledge.
6. Always have an open mind as evil is very good at hiding in what you think you know.
7. Those who worship me must be humble. All dragons deserve fair treatment regardless of competence in any area.

Moonstone:
A special type of stone which is very rare. It comes in many different kinds of colors and are translucent and gem like in appearance. This stone harvests light and stores it. When the sun drops the stone glows. The more light is stored the brighter the glow is. The stone will glow with the same color as the stone itself. A special kind of plant called a sun vine can be woven into a bag which can store moonstones. This seals the light inside so they don't lose their charge when the sun is down. In this way you can make them last much longer and shine much brighter with extended charging.

These stones are said to bring luck, wisdom, and knowledge, but only if it is charged with light. These stones are used in many of Astralogy's rituals. It is also said by keeping one on you (charged of course), you have a better chance of meeting Astral herself.

Knowledge Circle: The knowledge circle is a circle of Moonstones of varying color. Those who study or think within the circle will learn things much faster. Each color stands for something different. The circles can be mixed with all sorts of colors but the more of one color there is the better your learning is for what that color stand for. A circle made of multiple layers of rings can be used as well.

Red: Magic, the 2nd rarest Moonstone color
Blue: Social or people skills
Green: Nature
Yellow: Creativity
Purple: Wisdom
Black: Peace, the rarest moonstone color.
White: Neutral, which is suppose to help with wisdom and knowledge just in general. This is the most common Moonstone color

LightWings:
Astralogy actively encourages the discrimination of LightWing because their leaders do not follow the religion, even though Astral is the source of their power. It is believed that all LightWings should follow Astralogy.

The realm of Astralogy:
Unlike some other gods, Astral's realm doesn't exist in a separate dimension. Her realm exists in this dimension. Her realm is simply but all of space. Surviving in space is no problem for since she has control of it all. Those she brings to space she can also keep from dying if she chooses.

The Three Gods Of Creation

Two closed positions

Kayin( full God) Goddess of Time:
Name of Religion: Quarono

Description:
With her teachings, worshippers of Quarono will learn how to manage the time they have in the world. It’s a mix between balancing what you have now and going out to try new things and improve upon yourself.

Rules:
1. Spend your time wisely, go out and explore and try new things to improve yourself with the time you have.
2. Do not fret about how much time you will have, live in the moment.
3. Use the past to guild the future, for one is set and the other is endless.
4. Exploring the other gods and their religions is encouraged, as long as you still stay loyal to Quarono.
5. A portion of each day should be taken to give back to Kayin, no matter how small.

Customs:
There are two dates a year that the followers of Quarono dedicate to celebrating the Goddess and her reign over time.

Estival Solstice – The longest day of the year is a time for celebration. Any dragon that worships Quarono can be seen exploring new things, playing games, and finding offerings to set at Kayin’s various temples. It is a time to enjoy the long day and find something new to do with oneself.

Hibernal Solstice – Her followers also celebrate the shortest day of the year in a celebration. While the celebration may not be as extravagant as the Estival Solstice, the Hibernal Solstice offers a time for reflection upon oneself and a more quiet time. Offers can still be seen at her temples, but a shorter day means less activities to do for some. It is also not uncommon to see followers fasting on this day.
Relics:
Various objects seem to hold or call out to Kayin’s powers. No one knows where any of these supposed objects are hidden, not even Kayin herself.

Moirai – There is said to be a bell made covered with the purest gold that will call out to the Goddess herself if rung. Although it is not guaranteed to summon her, she will still hear its call. Rumors say that those with a higher connection and belief in Kayin are able to ring it louder.

Aloka – Lost within the earth is an orb similar to those in Kayin’s realm. This orb, however, is able to fit in the palm of a dragon’s paw. Apart from that, it acts the same as her others, offering a glimpse of random moments in time.

Bala Aeon –  Hidden somewhere in the lands of Pyyria is a fountain, run down and dry. Strange symbols are carved into it and painted with what looked like gold paint, but chipped and faded over the years. No one has figured how to make the fountain run, much less how to make its supposed power work.

Kayin’s Realm:
To any normal dragon, Kayin’s realm is bright, and not just like on a sunny day, but as if you were standing on the surface of the sun bright. If you asked the goddess, she’d tell you it looked normal to her and proceed to wonder why everyone asks that. It looks like an endless golden expanse, various floating orbs scattered through the land and golden shapes of creatures can be seen wandering around.

But, in the middle of it all, is a hut, and the only place in her land where watery eyes can catch a break from the light. Inside there are various pillows laid on the floor for sitting around a long table. The far wall is covered in shelves full of various leaves, cups, and water for making tea.

The Three Gods Of Destruction

One of three active, two remaining positions closed

Kelarth(full God) God of Fortune and Balance:
Name of Religion: Kelarthism

Description: To those that will follow it, Kelarthism offers the teachings and ideals of the God of Fortune and Balance. There are two Fortunes, good and bad. With a lending paw from Kelarth, you may manipulate either as you see fit; for yourself, or for or against others. Kelarthism also teaches, that while its namesake controls these Fortunes, ultimately, every dragon makes their own luck.

Rules:
1. Your use of the Fortunes have few limits, but there are some. The restrictions: You may not use either Fortune to kill another Dragon. On the slim chance you are granted such power, you may not use a more potent form of the Fortunes to affect your entire tribe or another. The Fortunes are perched on a delicate scale and are in a constant fight for dominance of it. Depending on how the scale is balanced, an exception may be granted to the rules governing one's use of the Fortunes, so long as permission is given by Kelarth.
2. So long as this religion does not contradict another, you may worship the other Gods/Goddesses.

Customs: Kelarth's worshipers celebrate him by holding two festivals--one for each Fortune.

The Festival of Good Fortune: Taking place in early spring, Kelarth's worshipers gather at his temple and provide offerings thought to bring good luck. Some may even provide objects that they made especially for the event. After the offerings have been given, those gathered then, either as a group or one at a time, pray to Kelarth in hopes he may visit during the festival. It is then time for the feast to begin. The festival ends with the unveilling of the new statue which will sit in the temple until the next festival. The statue depicts Kelarth as a peaceful god, bringing good fortune to all.

The Unfortunate Festival: This festival takes place two weeks after the Festival of Good Fortune. Like it, Kelarth's worshipers gather at his temple and provide offerings. But these offerings are usually scrolls, on which one has written their desires for bad luck. The worshipers then pray to Kelarth, asking that he allow them use of his power or that bestow bad luck on their enemies. As with its sister event, the Unfortunate Festival then provides a feast to the followers of Kelarthism and ends with the unveiling of a statue. This statue depicts Kelarth as a harbinger of destruction.

To show his gratitude for these festivals, Kelarth will grant the wishes of two worshipers from each. He will also reward one member of every tribe--even rogues--with a medallion, a common object. It will grant the owner a single use of Kelarth's power to cause widespread good or bad fortune. However, its use is limited to that individual's tribe only. For rogues, they may use it to affect either only themselves or two other individuals--those individuals may belong to a tribe. The medallions are given only once every few years (3-5).

Fortuitous Feathers: Rumored to come from the God of Fortune, these feathers--should one be lucky enough to acquire one, as they are quite rare--allow the owner abilities that usually must be given by Kelarth directly. There are three colors, each providing a power the others do not. All three feathers bind themselves to their owners: Once touched, the feather belongs to that dragon, its powers available only to them. Any attempt by one dragon to use another's feather is rendered useless

Black: The black feathers represent good fortune. For its owner, this feather creates a Fortune Shield, much like the one utilized by Kelarth. However, this shield generates only good fortune.

White: This feather represents bad fortune. Like the black feather, it creates a Fortune Shield, except that it generates only bad fortune.

Gold: The rarity of the gold feather is greater than that of the black and white feathers. They also have more power. Like the other feathers, it gives its owner a Fortune Shield. Unlike the other feathers, the Shield generated by this feather exactly mirrors Kelarth's, giving access to both Fortunes. It also allows the owner entrance into Kelarth's realm without need of his permission.

Kelarth's Realm: Mirrors the mortal world in appearance. But it is an alternate reality where visitors may experiment freely with the Fortunes without fear of consequence on Pyrria. Any excessive good fortune or havoc wrought in Kelarth's realm has no affect at all on the mortal realm. So one may, for example, break the first rule of Kelarthism. There is, in the center of the realm, a place which connects it to Pyrria: a temple. Here one may preform one action, with either Fortune, which will be reflected on Pyrria. However, they must first convince Kelarth to allow this.

Last edited by Celestia on Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:18 pm; edited 9 times in total
Celestia
Celestia
Goddess of the Moon and Stars

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

The Dragon God and Goddess Religions  Empty Re: The Dragon God and Goddess Religions

Post by Shiningwater Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:47 pm

Updated with Shine's information. Reminder to the otehr Gods and Goddesses to update this as well. If we're still doing it, anyway.
Shiningwater
Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

http://squidkid11.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

The Dragon God and Goddess Religions  Empty Re: The Dragon God and Goddess Religions

Post by Neru Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:01 pm

Lol, the SkyWing God changed. And a lot of demigod hatchlings need to be added.

Angel
Droplet
((Whomever else Ark had in the new batch, I forgot))

Elkas
Sienna
Neru

All Pulse's. I believe the first two are LightWings, while Neru is a rogue that joined the Night Wings.

Hoped I helped some Smile
Neru
Neru

Female Posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:01 am

Oh my gosh finally. I was worried I'd be the only one here with a religion. Could you give your gems a name though? Cuz just saying rare gems could make stuff in rp really confusing.
Celestia
Celestia

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Folan Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:22 am

Kokoro is no longer queen
Folan
Folan
EarthWing Trainee
EarthWing Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:28 pm

Astral: Updated. Glad I'm doing this right. Razz
Shiningwater
Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:06 pm

Bump again come on all you gods and goddesses make your religions.
Celestia
Celestia

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmos Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:56 pm

Updated, added Nimbus's religion. Bleh, that's what I have for now.
Cosmos
Cosmos
EarthWing Wise One
EarthWing Wise One

Male Libra Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:03 pm

Sweet
Celestia
Celestia

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:01 pm

Serena's a Chaotic Nightwing, so wouldn't that be with the other Nightwings?
Blaze
Blaze

Male Pisces Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephyros Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:22 pm

The EarthWings, and SkyWings need to be updated. :/
Zephyros
Zephyros
God of Storms and Lightning
God of Storms and Lightning

Male Posts : 237

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:47 pm

The NightWings need updated as well in all fairness.
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostflare Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:14 am

To me it looks about right. I'm probably only saying this because its super early in the morning, but it looks good. People just need to update, and finish their religions. I would update, but I don't think I'm suppose to, and also I don't know what to update.
Frostflare
Frostflare
IceWing Guardian
IceWing Guardian

Female Taurus Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmos Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:47 am

Everything that needed immediate updates have been updated.
Cosmos
Cosmos
EarthWing Wise One
EarthWing Wise One

Male Libra Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Iolar Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:27 am

I think SeaWings need to be updated as well. They have more demigods now. Smile
Awesome job on this Celestia! If I were an admin/mod I could NEVER do this, so I am impressed O.o
Lori Iolar
Lori Iolar

Female Libra Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater Sat May 23, 2015 12:39 pm

Bump to the other Gods, and quick question.
It says that Phantom is the Leader of the Destruction trio, who's the leader of the creation trio?
I think Kazumi used to be, but now Aisha makes more sense, but I honestly have very little idea of who she is.
Shiningwater
Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia Sat May 23, 2015 3:53 pm

Aisha has actually been removed from her title has god due to inactivity. I just haven't found a replacement cuz I've been on vacation. Phantom is the leader because she is one of the original full gods. Unlike the rest of us she didn't get her powers from the remains of Shardas. If a new leader is to be chosen then the 3 gods of creation need to get together to decide. However because Cele is unaware of her full goddessness and Aisha has been removed you are the only candidate. So your the leader now unless Cele ever gets her memories back in which case they'll have to discuss it.
Celestia
Celestia

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater Sat May 23, 2015 5:15 pm

Alright then.
So...I'm kinda the only God of Creation right now? Since Cele doesn't remember her (I'm gonna call it "life" for the sake of my brain) previous life, and Aisha has been stripped.
Hmm.
Well then. I'm not entirely sure what to think of that.
But thank you for clearing that up.
Shiningwater
Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by NightFlare Sat May 23, 2015 5:32 pm

Shine, maybe you should create an event? Cha knwo..... cause that's kind of the job of gods. o3o
NightFlare
NightFlare
NightWing Advisor
NightWing Advisor

Female Posts : 236

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater Sat May 23, 2015 7:14 pm

Huh?
What kind of event?
Shiningwater
Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura Sat May 23, 2015 7:17 pm

Hmmmm......

Maybe it's something involving illness? I mean, you were a former healer, it's only natural that you can control diseases. What if you said that you unintentionally caused an outbreak in some sort of disease?
Aura
Aura

Male Posts : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater Sun May 24, 2015 6:32 am

Hmm...It would make sense, but Shine's powers revolve around emotion, so...
Shiningwater
Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rylatha Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:25 am

There are 4 EarthWing demigods: Vilkas, Tagrovmaren, Evaleen, and Amadeus.
Rylatha
Rylatha
EarthWing Wise One
EarthWing Wise One

Female Libra Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:14 pm

Updated.
Shiningwater
Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:24 pm

Arkhor God Of Life & Seas
Name Of Religion: Arkratikin

Description:
Arkratikin Is the Religion of the peaceful, which main aim is the preservation of life. Symbols of life are most important as they look towards Ark as a creator and watcher for dragons. As helping each other and caring for one another include with the core beliefs, mostly a non aggressive religion yet will defend its beliefs and fundamentals.

Realm:
Not much is known about Ark's realm most of which is a mystery, most believe that there is no realm as the world is his realm. Many believe that after they pass away they join the life essence of the world, Ark's realm. Though others think that their souls move onto new lives like a never ending cycle. With his main attraction to the sea and water he mainly lives around as the seawings mainly look towards him with his natural power with water.

Fundamentals:
- Life is most precious above all else
- Hatchlings are the closest to life at the purest
- Never use force for your own desires
- Force can only be used for self defence or for others
- One cannot kill as life is life no matter what one has done they will be judged in time
- Help those who are in need
- Support each other
- Respect everyone along with your family the most
- Peace is the way forward, its the only way to achieve true happiness

Seawings:
The Seawings are the core of the religion as they believe in peace and the power of the sea, especially with Arkhor being part of the time before his powers where revealed. Even with him visiting the tribe with his family still living within the palace. Along with Shine as a previous Seawing the tribe look towards them for guidance and admire their powers. Providing them a sense of safety, as their previous leaders still live along side and visit them.

Temples
Arkratikin has only a few temples mainly around the seawing area where they worship other gods along side, with Ark not really wanting to be worshipped he never forced any ideals only some fundamentals to follow by to aim for a better life, bringing good to the world. The temples themselves are fairly simple with being an open area with generally a fountain or water source being the centre of attention, sometimes amazing water formations where created to symbol Ark's power with water and creation. Candle light mainly was used as it symbolised life for being a burning flame which can bring light and good its surroundings yet eventually burning out.

Objects & Symbolism
The main objects for showing and inspiring the religion include sea objects, from shells to coral. With many different colours and shapes these show creation and the connection to the sea, even some seawings wear shells or light blue stones and gems found on the seabed. Any connections to the sea are symbolised to Ark as the colour Blue and special objects. Being fairly open some dragons wear custom created jewellery from the stones and shells from the sea. Most believers can easily get a hold of shells and other objects as they don't really matter in the religion, only to show their beliefs along with thanking the fundamentals to aim for a better life. Hatchlings are almost referred to as gifts from Ark and the other gods, with being the closest to the purest form of life. Many younglings go through rituals who get praised when they reach a certain age of 6 as they are starting to grow up, mainly consisting of feasts and giving of Arkratikin Objects to the of age youngling.

Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next