Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Colonies of Avan Moved to Creation centre Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Colonies of Avan Moved to Creation centre Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Colonies of Avan Moved to Creation centre

2 posters

Go down

Colonies of Avan Moved to Creation centre Empty Colonies of Avan Moved to Creation centre

Post by Tharasis Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:51 am

"Colonies of Avan"

" A humble little colony, With its hardworking people and its bountiful lands with resources. One can imagine what this small place can become in time. "

Description
" The Avan faction as of now is considered an simple place for anyone. Nothing goes beyond the occasional, and the people here like it that way. Their way of life is simple, their enemies and often far and few in between. Given their isolated position in the world. The folks here are hardworking, and proud of themselves at what they had made so far. In terms of war and fighting, it rarely happens here, with the only threats being the occasional dragons that fly by or the pirate vessel which is often swiftly taken care of by the navy. "

Relationships and treaties
" Dragon Kind " -Neutral-
" Monsters " -Defensive War-
" Ariophia " -Neutral-
" Skaldgarde " -Wary-
" Kingdom of Leostonnia " -Wary-
" Kakos " -Wary-
" Ammos " -Neutral-
" Brysur " -Friendly- -Open Trade treaty-
" Kryo " -Neutral-
" Gynaikes " -Neutral-
" Kingdom of Moon " -Neutral-

Towns
The Towns here are flourishing in time, with trade open and free. Resources lay uncontested and open for the taking, the Avan colonies have enjoyed making profits off of the mined ores, refined and professionally made products, and grown foods. An small but capable force is on guard, accompanied with a fairly strong navy to defend its shores and waters. Dragons occasionally pass by, but they never seem to ever cause trouble here. Law is made and crime is few if none at all. And the people are content and happy.

Town of Avanrith
The first town settled since the first people of Avan came to this archipelago. Its by far the most developed of the 3 towns here. The town has a sizeable force to protect it, and it has many local resources to take from. With mountains, forests, and large open fields for farmlands. This is also where the current leader of the Avan colony lives.

Town of Newshire
A Fairly large town for its size, given its role in the system. As the town serves as the trade and connections to the outside world. It has a large enough dock for everyone and its guarded by a fleet of Avan warships, its police and military force is capable of repelling most attempts by pirates and barbarian attacks. This town also has the largest markets and storage areas, taverns and inns are common and you will always be able to find an empty building used as a storage area by someone.

Town of Hyzacia
The town os Hyzacia is where you will find the majority of Avans working class lives in. given its close proximity with the two other towns, it serves as the colonies primary manufacturer. Producing much of the goods, like swords, equipment, clothing, and so on. Its also defended by a sizeable force and a small police force.  

Military/Navy/Police Forces
The colony as a whole posses a fairly large force of homegrown and homemade soldiers and equipment. And while the forces are able to defend the homeland, they are unable to do any form of offensive operations. The soldiers of the army are mostly well trained. And many of the soldiers of the armed forces are either volunteers or militia grade.

Navy

Trained, well supplied and maintained, regulated and decently experienced. These folks are dead set on defending the shores of their colony, and will fight with great determination to keep it free and safe. The leaders are skilled and a good majority are capable captains and officers. Their doctrine is centred around small fleets with strong weapons and skilled captains. They value quality over quantity, and often their tactics require skilled leaders and well equipped and manned ships. They rarely do close combat fights that involve boarding, instead focus on the ability to destroy ships before they could even get within boarding range.

Army

Made up by mostly volunteers and militia. The army is still considered capable in its own right of defending the lands. Equipment is made of the highest quality Avan can produce, and the leaders are handpicked by the king himself, as well as his military advisers. Their doctrine often uses the crossbow as the soldiers main and common weapons. The doctrine also uses a more smaller force of around usually 100 men strong forces. Strategy and tactics often revolve around small engagements from far away distances as the average soldier is equipped with a crossbow or bow.

Police
Small in size, and often equipped with only the bare essentials. There is nothing to take note other than they can maintain peace and order easily within the colonies.

Trade
The Avan colonies export a fair amount of supplies to the other human civilisations. But what makes them special is their reputation for high quality made products. And though it comes at a hefty price, its considered worth it by those who purchase said goods. They use the popular " Intaliri trade route " for their trades. The route is often patrolled by 3 war fleets to ward of pirate attacks and to generally prevent any disruptions to the trade of Avan and their partners.

Main Exports
-Wine-
-Copper Tools-
-Silk and wool-
-Upper class Clothing-
-Wood Crafts-
-Stone Crafts-
-Small wooden ships-
-Chocolate-
-Books-

Main Imports
-Books and literature-
-Maps-
-Food stuffs-
-Iron-
-Cloth-
-Iron Tools and weapons-
-Stone Bricks-

Technology and Advancements
The Technology of living standards of Avan are roughly equal to most human settlements, with clothing and housing up to par with most kingdoms. Building are often built with bricks and stone, the people use a combination of paintings, artistic crafts, cloths, and crafts to decorate their homes. An active push of advancement is currently on going and while progress is extremely slow, it is none the less supported by the colonies government. Industry is somewhat more advance, with Avan using more refined tools and equipments to for both mass production and to better make quality products. simple water powered machines are used to make certain products. while giant smelters are built to mass produce refined ore.

Military technology is somewhat advance. With Avan leading on their so called " Age of ranged " and has long since heavily invested, refined, and mastered the arts of ranged warfare. Crossbows and bows have become the main weapon as suppose to the sword and shield, and Avan has pushed eagerly to enhance their effectiveness. From using oils to lubricate crossbow weapons to making complex pulleys to enable crossbows and ballistas to fire farther and stronger.

Landscape
The islands here are all mixed together in their own right. Some small other large, with large forest filled with life, or mountains rich in ore, to grasslands and small hills with fertile soil.

Avanrith Island
Avanrith is where the everything started, with it housing the current 3 colonies of Avan. It has lush lands for farming, and a good amount of mountains with rich ore veins.

Matriki Island
The largest island of the archipelago. It has many mountains and large endless forest filled with life.

Alkri Island
The island is home to rich farmland and has a range of small hills that could yield valuable ores. Its wildlife is diverse as the next island but this islands if commonly seen with a small dragon or two.

Orant Island
The island is home to a small mix of hills and a few mountains. With good soil and distant forests.

Haxim Island
This island has a large mountain range in its middle. With a forest encircling the island. Its soil is average but can yield a good harvest given proper work and care.

Notable Technology

Crossbows
With Avans obsession with the weapon, its was no doubt that given time and resources they would advance and perfect the craft of making, and using of such a weapon. Its cheap to manufacture and often it packs a punch that can kill a man wearing armour, this weapon has been the main weapon alongside the bow, sword, and shield.

A few notable weapon is Avans standardised weapon treaty, approved by the king. It orders and demands all weapons that are used by the armed forces of Avan be identical in both design and quality. Tho the second tends to vary, the design is mostly exact and precise. Which leads to the low maintenance cost and repair of such weapons. This leads to less time consuming methods of making a brand new crossbow, and instead allows a man to replace broken or defective parts with newer parts. Saving Avan thousands in their military budget.

The Crossbows used is often made to the point where a man can effectively fire and reload as fast as a man equipped with a bow.
The Navy uses an extensive arsenal of crossbows. ranging from small mounted harpoon firing, to crossbows that are made to shoot, flame burning bolts.

Printer
Perhaps one of Avans most important technological discoveries, allowing them to mass produce books at great quantities. And while the cost to make such printers are very expensive. Given that such early printers require so much materials and how its intricately made, with each part requiring precise crafting to make it work. Never the less the invention would help Avan to push forward education and general knowledge, more accessible by all, and easier to acquire.

Still has moar to write, but I shall leave it here for now ;j

Last edited by Tharasis on Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Tharasis
Tharasis
NightWing Guardian
NightWing Guardian

Male Posts : 120

Back to top Go down

Colonies of Avan Moved to Creation centre Empty Re: Colonies of Avan Moved to Creation centre

Post by Tharasis Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:12 am

Ready for grading
Tharasis
Tharasis
NightWing Guardian
NightWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Colonies of Avan Moved to Creation centre Empty Re: Colonies of Avan Moved to Creation centre

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:57 am

Grading? Plots aren't graded. The plotting section is just for RP ideas you have that you want another person or a group for. Did you mean to post this in DP Submission? You need to keep in mind though that this will be very difficult for staff to award DP to, as it is not a story or RP, but just a description of a settlement that doesn't exist.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Tharasis Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:55 pm

No no, this is my submission. I just decided to post it here, and no. This is not a story, but its my kingdoms err... basic? starting point?

I guess so. Since everything is here is able to be expanded upon, but ill just get this first phase done and ready. Grade it and tell me what needs changing and how much.

Once everything is done and ready, I will then move to phase 2. Phase two and so on is just me expanding more and more upon the info and aspects, adding more stuff. Think of it as a base. with each upgrade bringing in more options and of course, generally making said base more stronger.

In short, grade. and tally up the cost.
Tharasis
Tharasis
NightWing Guardian
NightWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:56 pm

Submission? For DP? If you're looking to get DP for this, it needs to be posted in the DP Story Submission section. If you're trying to exchange DP for a reward, then you need to make a post in the Creation Center, stating what you're wanting to exchange your DP for. Keep in mind you do not currently have enough DP to create a village, which costs 500 DP.

As for things you can change, I'd suggest removing the Relationships/Treaties. You can't assume that your village is going to be friendly with this settlement and hostile to that one, because its leader hasn't met with the leaders of any of them to establish what these relationships will be. Also, it looks like all this is for a whole kingdom, but you'd be starting out with a village, which only has a population of 1,000. Focus just on what you'd actually have at the moment, worry about everything else when you are able to expand.

So, move this over to Creation Center, but first I'd suggest you get the rest of the DP you need to get your village, otherwise it'll just get declined.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Tharasis Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:26 am

Aight ima move this.

As for relations i have decided to already make such relations pre established. Mostly for both convenience and for common sense. As if you read the lore Brysur is one of the main hubs for trading. So it would already be assumed that Avan would have a relationship with them, cause in reality it would be required. Avan wont be able to survive without any form of human contact outside its archipelago.

The " Wary " relation is given to those entities that Avan believes can pose as a problem or as a threat to their progress. Word would get around and one can already assume that Avan even if the leader has not yet met any leaders of such kingdoms or towns or anything that belongs to such faction. Would already have an idea of what is to expect given by word alone.

Also. It dont have to be declined. I just want to get this app done and ready so when i DO GET those DP points i needed. Everything will just be smooth sailing as everything on the app will be ready, reviewed, allowed, accepted, prepared and everything else in between by the time I have the DP needed. And I can get stuff going, like rps and such as the like.
Tharasis
Tharasis
NightWing Guardian
NightWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:13 am

Brysur is fine, but you still can't assume relationships with the others, because again, your kingdom would start out as just a small village, which isn't going to be any sort of potential threat to anyone, nor anyone would consider a potential threat. Look at the Dragons. None of their relationships are predetermined. The leaders met with whichever tribe they want to ally with, talk, and decide if the two tribes will be allies or enemies. Even if the leaders of the other human settlements are NPCs played by staff, you'd still have to go through that process.

And that's not how the process works. You need to have the DP needed for the particular reward you want. You can't pre-approve it or reserve it. Limited rewards are first come, first serve.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down