Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

A Summons! (Open to all Tribe leaders) Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

A Summons! (Open to all Tribe leaders) Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

A Summons! (Open to all Tribe leaders)

4 posters

Go down

A Summons! (Open to all Tribe leaders) Empty A Summons! (Open to all Tribe leaders)

Post by Tenebris Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:08 am

[Below would is the IC letter delivered to each of the Tribe Leaders which would be been presented by a Nightwing courier]

My most honoured and prestigious
Brothers and Sisters.

Fellow kin, my dear cousins. We find ourselves in turbulent times, chaos and anarchy runs rampant in our world, and Lo’ there do we all see the darkness that surrounds us. Though Dragon and lesser species alike may succumb to the depredations of this monster Scourge, we as the leaders of our species ensure the ideals and virtues of the Gods themselves live on in its faithful servants. For that is what we are, servants from King to the lowest hatchling we all serve the greater good and the will of those who came before us, equals created by the Great Shadras himself. But know now that even the noblest soul can be corrupted, we look to our fallen brethren who have retreated from their tribes to become little more than Rogues, independent beasts devoid of all loyalty despite any of their previous positions and appointments.

We must heed well, brothers and sisters, the lesson inherent in coming of the monstrous scourge.

Darkness lurks within every soul, this is a fact that we of the Nightwing’s embrace for we are one with the shadows. It is not in our moral purity that we find our path to normalcy within our lifetime again, no, it is in our defiance of such moral turpitude that we are saved through our united faith in a greater good. The Gods has gave us the tools we need to resist the basic pitfalls that have lead so many to ineptitude and ignorance. We look to the virtues passed down within all societies of Dragon kind, Prudence, courage, temperance and justice. Prudence so that we as kin have the ability to discern the appropriate course of action to be taken in a given situation at the appropriate time. We remain courageous in the ability to confront fear, uncertainty, and intimidation. Temperance in all things so that we may control our emotions and use such energy to be devoted to a higher calling. Finally Justice so that all the wrongs of our time can be removed as we move towards a new era of prosperity and glory. Have faith, for we strive ever onwards to the greater good of our kin, we will guide one another for we must understand that there will be many sacrifices upon the road ahead.

We must heed well the exaltations of those who have faced adversity before and lead their kin in the most depraved of times, for it is they who represent the heralds of the Tribes, for we bring the word of hope. Know that my own every effort is bent to bring our kin into the embrace of the peace we seek, by spreading the word of something greater so that as a species we may be enlightened and lead our world into a triumph it has never known, through such teaching we can illuminate all others beyond the mundane ambitions and desires of oneself. Through our ministrations of faith in such a cause does our mandate find purpose as we champion all which is right and good. Through our will, the foul aberrations plaguing our world will be kept at bay as we work as one. From what remains, if we provide a united front we will spread our serenity and significance, and is so doing we will represent a promise Dragon kind to become once more reborn and reclaimed, ever to be exalted as we work together to once more be the masters of the world.

Dragonkind is the very face of determination. Indeed, with our unwavering will and the vengeance in our hearts, we can drive these monsters back, we will place their malformed twisted bodies to the grave and redeem the lost souls of those Dragons who have abandoned their tribes to become Rogue. This is a fact, and throughout our history, we have proven this time and time again. In times when everything seemed dire when all were to fall, we have endured. Yet despair grips many of our subjects now, but we must never allow ourselves to succumb to the power of fear. Victory and progress will come, but it will only do so if we come together as a united front. Bound as Brothers and Sisters we must seek to serve the greater good. To this end, this is why I ask all of those who have the will to save Dragonkind to meet from the sacred Drakis Isle, where we can deliberate and convene to speak of how we can stand united to ensure the survival and progress of all Dragons as a species no matter which Tribe. Events that have transpired require discussion and as one we can become a bastion of law and order, heralds of a new age of the property. I ask you all to heed this clarion call and answer this summons in person, for the good of our species

Archon Tenebris of the Nightwing Potentate

The Archon stood amongst the ruins of Drakis, this once magnificent Temple stood as the testimony to the Dragon's of old which once represented the unity of the Tribes. It was built with a panorama of the surrounding land across the island and the old marble ruins were the kind of imperfection that one's imagination falls in love with and begins to build and rebuild, ever seeking to honour its beginnings. Within what once might have been an amphitheatre of sorts Tenebris awaited to see who would answer to the summit, either side of them stood the dour forms of his Inquisitors Hastur and Seth. The Archon himself wore his ceremonial attire which made his imposing figure made even more so by the adorned regal Silver Cuirass with fitted pauldrons upon his shoulders, the Silver was clearly for ceremonial purposes and lacked any element of true productivity, yet it was forged not only by the Tribe’s greatest Vulcans during the height of the Imperium, but also through Alchemic fire, giving a distinctive pattern of banding and mottling to be reminiscent of flowing water, and engraved with symbolic images and sigils of Nightwing heritage. Tenebris’s horns both had gold rings adorning them, and from his ears, chain earrings in a dangle fashion which looped from the tip to the base, while upon his usually ink-stained claws were placed gauntlet like extensions which made his already fearsome talons at least a foot longer and crested once more in silver. Finally armoured plating was placed upon his back and tail, in the same stylistic manner as his cuirass. In truth Tenebris found the weight extremely uncomfortable and desired nothing more than to cast aside his ceremonial armour from his scales.
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

A Summons! (Open to all Tribe leaders) Empty Re: A Summons! (Open to all Tribe leaders)

Post by Attor Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:25 pm

In what seemed like years only narrowed down to two, the world was the same, save for the vast variety of otherworldly beasts instead of the many great dragons. Kingdoms rose and fell, time moved on, and yet the world didn't seem the same for the few of those who survived an onslaught of creatures one fateful night. That was history, and only those who lived to tell of that day could move forward. That much was true for one Sovereign in the Eastern Lands.

On the day the Summoning Scroll arrived King Attor of the Order of Starlight's had finished building raised garden beds in one of the many caverns. It was in case any monster had come and demolished the herbal and vegetable greenhouse a Baldirak Sapiens Draco had morphed for the Starlight's for saving a juvenile Earth Drake. It was a reinforced enclosure of stone and holes allowed for perfect sunlight, but in the mountain, a massive cavern with an opened ceiling was discovered, and clean water from the clouds that touched the mountain flower through there and much deeper into the darkest depths of the cave. It was a moment when Attor had wished he could see in the dark.

When arriving back to his abode, Attor discovered an individual scroll waiting for him, branded with a Nightwings signature. After reading the scroll Attor immediately prepared for a flight, letting the guardians and the hunters and whoever else know he was leaving for some time. Hours, maybe. But in case things were awry and it was a trick, Attor took with him two dragons who were considered a high rank, one a Sky Dragon and another a Light Wyvern. The trio took off with Attor adorning his jeweled necklace and in it's center a yellow Moonstone.

The flight wasn't much, a silent one at that, but it allowed the sovereign to ponder for some time about the location his people were at. His focus was tore away as the trio approached what appeared to be ruins, what used to be magnificent and still using some glamour was crumbling and in a state of decay. It was clear this place hadn't been used for some time, and Attor was disappointed at the disrepair. Then again, there may not be time to repair when the beasts of the world are after you.

Landing at the site, Attor and co. walked through the threshold and into a amphitheater of sorts, quite the wide space and noticed there were individuals already toward it's center. Attor squinted slightly, a mix of curiosity and suspicion setting in as he'd only seen three individuals; Night Kin. Attor didn't give a graciously full bow but instead lowered his head for a half now, done respect still needed if the summons were correct.

"And I must take it you are Archon Tenebrae...?" Attor looked the dragon over from his distance and noticed the different ornaments hanging off the dragon..
Dragoness?

Attor then continued respectfully, complimenting the Archon, "I can see why you'd be revered as a mighty ruler of the NightWings, with rumors of your wisdom and intellect combined with clear beauty, my lady. "

Immediately, the Wyvern closest to him claw palmed and the Sky Drake's eye grew wide with a controlled smile. Attor hadn't known that Tenebris was make, but a compliment was a complement nonetheless! He didn't notice the two guards on either side of him beginning to mentally panic. .

Attor
Attor

Male Posts : 169

Back to top Go down

A Summons! (Open to all Tribe leaders) Empty Re: A Summons! (Open to all Tribe leaders)

Post by Tenebris Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:35 am

The Archon looked upwards as he heard the distinctive sound of wing beats as Attor and his retinue made their descent. Lowering himself to a seated position, Tenebris would crane his neck forward, drilling down upon those who landed with an even leveling stare and stoic apathetic visage that had in the past brought even the most proudest of Nightwings to their knees. His ink-stained talons twitched across the marble floor of the amphitheater as the Order's retinue curtsied before him, and in turn, the Archon would bow his head in a humble manner out of mutual respect and acknowledgment, quickly followed by his Inquisitors who duplicated the gesture.

Tenebris listened intently at the initial pleasantries, his shrewd expression emotionless even as the mistake of his gender was made paramount. The two Inquisitors quickly tensed, and from their position on either side of the Archon, they both turned their heads as though awaiting to see Tenebris's reaction. The Archon maintained such an intensity in his glare which didn't seem to flicker or falter in its fixation of Attor once the Order's leader had spoken, that one could be forgiven if they thought Tenebris wasn't even listening. After a long moment of silence, however, Tenebris threw his head back, looking skyward as he barked out an almost harsh baleful laugh. The mirth quickly ended as the Archon regained his composure as he once more brought his attention to Attor. "I presume you, in turn, are King Attor then, tis' of the utmost respect and honour that I am to meet with your personage to deliberate this day. I would be remiss as well if I didn't state the relief and knowledge to know your a Dragon of witt and intellect, your flattery is flattery none the less and I appreciate such" Tenebris stated in his usual rich, gravelly voice with an authoritative sincere delivery as he recounted the tales of what little was known of the ruler of the Order.

The Inquisitors either side of the Archon seemed to become at ease after the Archon's speech, although Hastur remained with a grin of mirth across his visage which he could not contain from seeing his counterpart within Attor's ranks claw palm. Tenebris in turn then arose as he made his way to close the gap between his own party and that of Attor's, his movements were lithe and serpentine as he seemed to weave back and forth in eccentric zigzags on approach as if his legs had differing minds of their own, in a constant battle to dominate his trajectory due to the pronounced limp on his right hindleg which became ever more noticeable upon the approach of the Archon to come before Attor, despite Tenebris's best efforts to remain regal and domineering hence his bizarre maneuvers. Upon closer inspection Attor would be able to see Tenebris's appearance beyond the splendour of his attire, the Archon represented the Nightwings as a whole, being both creatures of vanity and decay, for underneath the hedonistic garb Tenebris's scales were dull from the passing of time, his body why once toned and muscled was withered and slender from the years of an indulgent and sedentary lifestyle. Even his visage held a mutilated vicious scar across the right-hand side of his maw which caused when he was finally upon Attor the soft smile he attempted to be contorted and twisted into more of a sadistic wolfish sneer.

Once before Attor, Tenebris gave a more regal bow in an official capacity, his wings flaring out as he did so, and once more accompanied by the Inquisitors who followed his lead. The tip of his tongue, a dark and grey thing twitching between his upper and lower jaw, ran along the edges of his almost uncharacteristic white fangs and then disappeared with a soft clack. "Tis' with the utmost contentment that we may finally meet, your majesty, I believe our coming together this day has been fated. I would be remiss if I gave you the injustice of not telling you the truth in that I have watched the progression of the Order to the best my facilities have allowed. Tis' with envious eyes in which the progress of the Order has been regarded, believe me, such a thing is impressive".
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Attor Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:22 am

Attor, who was always so calm and more so collected couldn't have pulled those two off any better than when the Archon transformed from a solid glare to a bellowing laugh. And then he spoke, which caught Attor off balance so to say, but nonetheless he remained still and motionless. The guardians to either side of him seemed less tense than before as Attor nodded with the smile he held. Whoops! He thought, wanting to apologize until Tenebris did... Performing... Something...?

The Archon slithered his way to the Sovereign who stared without change of expression nor demeanor if busy language. Where the two guardians were tense once more, Attor merely watched without action. It was when he finally craned his head to watch the Archon flare his wings, the size difference between the two evident, and his face contorted to that a snarl. His fangs bore white and his grey tipped tongue flicked across them. Whereas this was traditional or not, perhaps a special time to do it, Attor remained as still as ever still holding his soft gaze. Whilst one appeared fierce and strong, the other remained humble and relaxed, and the latter bowed just as the former did to show respect toward... Whatever it was he just did. It was clear the Sovereign shown no fear not disgust, rather regarded the actions as more as welcoming than anything.

Just as Tenebris finished, Attor raises a scaly brow finally. He had been regarded for handling the Order quite well, and have been watched? This set off small alarms to the Sovereign but he remained steady. Carefully, Attor begun piecing together words after a long moment and his LightWing guard looked at the King for any answer. Then, Attor spoke.

"It is an honor then that, Grand Archon, we meet today. It was a shame I couldn't greet you the same last time I was in the Imperium with the Earthen King. Nonetheless, I've heard many Night Kin, even one of my own ranks, give great applaud and respect to you." Of course, that was before the invasion happened, Attor thought the Nightwing leader dead, but this was evident he was still alive."

"But aside from that, I believe we're the first ones here. It is a bit... Odd for one Baldirak Draco to not yet arrive, along with his Lady Kenina, who've I've heard holds the fiery tempest of the Fire Kin. But, perhaps that would give us time to... Catch up? I've only heard of the progress of the Earth Kin, but never of the Night itself."

Attor was more speaking at first thought than anything, jumping from bit to bit, getting from point to point. No, he haven't heard at all of the NightWings progress since before the invasion of Pyrria. He said it to open up that conversation, if the Archon had been watching the Order for some time, it would only seem fair that Attor would have similar knowledge of Tenebris's people. Perhaps they could talk about religion? Progress and projects of their tribes? There was a plethora and wealth if knowledge and wisdom to be shared. If the Archon was that generous.
Attor
Attor

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:56 pm

((Going to reply to this tomorrow))
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:14 pm

Tenebris intently listening to Attor's words, he'd listen with an expression of stoic apatheticness regarding his words accordingly through a shrew glare. The Archon regarded the Sovereign of the order with all expected respect, nodding in a humble manner out of mutual acknowledgment and respect for his words. It is true, the Archon knew of the meeting and deliberations between the Earthwing king and the sovereign of the order, and while there at the time was offense taken that the Archon wasn't involved, he didn't show any emotion that could betray his anger of the matter at this moment. His thoughts of course wandered, he'd wonder of the possible intrigues and machinations that could have proceeded in his absence, but at this moment such thoughts should not be betrayed upon the Archon, as a smug sardonic smile would be the only notable feature across his visage.

"No doubt his majesty, Baldrick will eventually make an appearance, however, I would be at a remiss if I didn't state the truth that I doubt Lady Kenina will appear, bless her heard, the Queen of the Imperium is lost in her own internal thoughts and contemplations at this time", Tenebris would state manner of facty as though a teacher to a student simply informing them on how the world works, however his features would remain smug at the comment. The Archons thoughts would then turn once more to Sovereign's deliberations with the Earthwing King, and as Tenebris folded his wings tightly upon himself as though a cloak he'd continue to match the Skywing with a wolfish sadistic sneer of sorts "Very well, you should know that the Kingdom of night, the Nightwing potentate remains as strong as ever, we have forever been independent on our survival and make note, that, that hasn't changed, even as we've joined the Imperium as a client state, but I will indulge you accordingly ask freely any intrigues you may have, and I will reply accordingly in faith, although know I will ask of your order in return".
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Attor Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:07 pm

Smug in appearance but cool tongued in time? The Archon seemed odd this one, though the Sovereign was even weirder himself but nonetheless how long would the Night Drake continue this expression? Are they not two equal individuals at this moment? Perhaps not, nor would Attor be inclined enough for Tenebris to knock off the act but that would be just plumb rude! It wasn't anything important now, he just wanted to get things finished up, pleasantries were… in order [/i] somewhat [/i] as the Archon wrapped himself to copy that of Attor. Was he mocking the Sovereign? No matter, this was his domain, and if he would act stupid then who was the insect-like dragon to deny him such opportunities?

"Ah! Tis a shame then, Great Archon," Attor exclaimed in silent shock, though his expression still seemed calm and relaxed, his voice was not of mockery if the Archon so intently listened, it really was a shame Kenina couldn't make the trip, "Well, you have piqued my curiosity though. So tell me, why wouldn't you simply approach me on the matter of knowing my people's progress? I wouldn't have minded sharing some detail with you."

Attor's tone did not betray his expression, all was calm, friendly, a gathering of lords and leaders who were considered on equal footing. Whilst all the guards and higher ranking individuals in the room may not have picked up the hidden tone in the Sovereign's words, his two guards did, and though they remained and neutral-faced by Attor's side as he walked around the table until taking his place directly across where the Archon would sit, they were growing nervous internally. The question, only picked up by the most perceptive of dragons, was indeed a demand if anything. Friendly at that, a very courageous move by Attor in the Night Kin domain, but it was understandable. And unfortunately, the two guards knew exactly what their lord was like and that was what made their heartbeats accelerate slightly.

But regardless, Attor of the Order of Starlight's continued as if the question had been rhetorical, if only that were true, and the two guards of his knew that Tenebris could pick up on it if he were so intelligent, "First I would like to know what exactly you have learned from my people. I'm quite curious, after all, I know nothing of the NightWing people, just a few rumors and discussions here and there. Fair is fair, correct?"

Fair is fair indeed, Attor was hinting at possibly learning things of the NightWings in exchange for his own information. This usage of secrecy and spying was something he didn't appreciate although those weren't his words at all. And he wouldn't continue at all unless the Archon was so kind as to explain himself. But the words and rumors that Attor had heard were that the NightWings were collapsing, their Archon huddled in his home to wallow in his sorrows. The Sovereign wasn't surprised if he received a good portion of refugees, after all, the Order has plenty of room to accommodate the many, and plenty of work to secure the territories. But he was playing the cards he had been dealt, as that Human saying goes, and right now he was looking to see what Tenebris had in his paws.
Attor
Attor

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:21 pm

The Twilight King was in the middle of meditation when he heard wingbeats outside his Moonstone Cave. A few moments later, a voice called, "Your Highness, I bring a message from Lord Tenebris."

Baldirak neither moved nor opened his eyes."You may enter and read it to me."

The NightWing courier slowly entered the Moonstone Cave. The walls were studded with all of the Moonstones the EarthWing possessed. Several holes had been made in the ceiling that followed the path of the moon, that every stone may bathe in its light. A large pool sat at the back of the cave. The center housed a surprisingly ornate stone structure, which was in fact a shrine for the Goddess Astral. Baldirak lay just behind it, coiled around it as if he were cuddling a Hatchling. His head was resting gently on the roof of the shrine. The NightWing marveled at the shrine, the pool, the Moonstones. She noticed the delicate mosses that clung to the walls, the vines that hung from the ceiling and the small flowers that sprouted from them. Suddenly, she felt as though she were intruding on a sacred place and wondered whether it would be best to leave Tenebris' correspondence for the King to get to at his own convenience. "I'll just leave this--"

"--I told you to read it to me..." Baldirak slowly opened his eyes, gazing down at the NightWing. "...Or have you more pressing matters than fulfilling your King's request?"

The NightWing winced and lowered her head briefly before retrieving the letter. "No, Your Highness. It's just... it's quite a long letter.. And you seem to be in the middle of something. I thought you might prefer to read this at your own leisure."

"Useless is the leader who cannot multitask. Now, read the letter to me." When the courier had finally finished reading and he'd sent her away, Baldirak stood and left the cave. He sealed the entrance before taking to the skies. On arriving to Drakis, he saw the Starlight Order's king, Attor. It had been a while since he last saw the hybrid monarch, who had rescued a lost EarthWing youth. And, of course, there was Tenebris. The Twilight King landed with all the grace that could be managed by such a large dragon. And yet, somehow, it appeared even more so. Perhaps it was how wide he spread his wings to aid in his stability until all four feet touched the earth. Perhaps it was how one of his Astralogy talismans caught the sun and gleamed. Or, perhaps, it was simply that even a massive drake could be graceful. He looked first at Attor. "Attor. It has been some time. Has my gift served you well? Do you require repairs?" His pale gaze then shifted to Tenebris. "Advisor Tenebris. You spin fantastical webs, but for the sake of your couriers, you ought give simplicity a try."

Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Attor likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowblaze Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:08 am

Snowblaze groaned a little as she flew towards this meeting place. Why the heck did it have to be so warm? You'd think being part Firewing would make things less annoying for her, but no. Living in snow meant this was still hot to the Alpha. She just tried to shrug it off. All she had to remember was she wanted to stay home, and Gemna had suggested going to this. Maybe thinks wouldn't be too difficult. She landed and quickly got her wings under her before walking up to the meeting place.

She could do this. These were tribe leaders. She could definitely.... They were talking... and she knew a jab when she heard one. Snowblaze just stared in at them all... clearly a bit uncomfortable and way too close to just turning around and leaving at this point. What was she even supposed to tell them? Why hadn't she thought about THAT before showing up!?
Snowblaze
Snowblaze
IceWing Leader
IceWing Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:27 pm

The Archon couldn’t help but reaffirm Attor’s words with a solemn almost regretful nod at the statement that it was a shame that the Firewing Queen would likely not be participating. For a moment, Tenebris spared a fleeting musing of meeting with the Firewing Queen again if only to present their Daughter Zylah. In that moment of lax concentration, Tenebris’s sardonic smirk would falter as his facial expression for the first time since being in the presence of Attor was not merely stoic or smirking, but soft and solemn. The moment was gone after but a mere second, but Tenebris even gentle suck his head and long sinuous head, as his leer returned across his visage. He knew Attor would be attentive enough to ponder as to the sudden break of his demeanor of himself yet it matter little, at the worst it could have been perceived as truly being a loyal servant and friend missing his Queen, or at best it would perhaps make Attor debate internally about Tenebris’s actions and motives which could allow Tenebris to have the sovereign put off guard to contemplate even such a minor change in posture.

Seth and Hastur, certainly noted the minute change which briefly took over the Archon, but they themselves remained stalwart as their intense awareness of the situation transpiring before they continued, they had spent years by their Lord’s side, and they knew of both Tenebris’s ever-changing theatrics used to off put and disorientate whoever he spoke to in a facade which they had come accustomed to witnessing like that of a verbal duel, with parries, feigns and retorts with friends and enemies alike. They also knew their Lord when he was enclosed within his private chambers, when the mask would slip and Tenebris wasn’t acting in his formal capacity as Archon but merely a weary worn Dragon. They spared a quick glance at one another to confirm to themselves and then returned their attention to Attor and his Royal Guard.

Well, tis’ perhaps with some trepidation I must confess to such, but the truth of the matter is, you could say I fear the unknown”, the Archon chuckled in mirth, his sarcastic and sardonic smile across his maw. He couldn’t be certain, but he seemed to think the Sovereign had a subtle accusation in those words as to the observations of the Archon’s scouts and their methods, as a degree of lack of transparency. “Yet here I can now state I feel a fool for not extending friendship via an emissary the moment I heard of your ascension to the throne of the Order, but tis’ a wise precaution to keep an eye on the going of the world, yet in hindsight you’re correct. I should have merely approached”, Tenebris spoke softly, he knew himself he’d done the same to others and would continue to do such, but he offered an apology of sorts, the pride of Tenebris wasn’t a thing that restricted him from acknowledging his own wrongdoings, even if they would be continued in the future. One of the reasons his understanding of the Order was as little as it was, was due to the lack of reliable informants and Inquisitors he could call upon given the Monsters onslaught, something to which to admit would be a great shame. The Archon and Nightwings as a whole, given their natural affinity to the dark and their very scales, had used subterfuge and surveillance as their main means to understand the world beyond their borders, and Tenebris himself saw knowledge as power, and knowledge of another even one deemed to have earnt respect gave a benefit in that you could disarm and unnerve when presenting said information.

Tenebris then inclined his head slightly at Atto’rs words, the smile now was genuine, as though the Archon was pleased with himself that he expected what he Sovereign was going to ask. “Ah, fear not your Majesty, tis’ nothing of great importance, as I stated before, I watched at the best of what my resources could allow, which I am ashamed to admit, merely allowed me to know information about yourself, and that your noble kin fed their sacred City of Velmexus, if I remember correctly, I know your tribe while you have suffered like the rest of us, benefit due to the Island nation the unified orders remain. I know tis’ testimony to the Light and Skywing’s stalwart resolve and your leadership that you are rebuilding and reclaiming what is lost, I share this in the confidence that I do so not only in good faith, but I do such with a friend”, spoke the Archon evenly in reply to the Sovereign. He purposely spoke in broad terms, he knew just how much of the lore of their histories and their resources they lost within their Cities, unlike the Nightwings who stored their archives upon the Ebonwing Isle, both the Skywings and Lightwings he imagined were not as fortunate. Tenebris didn’t want the Sovereign to know everything, especially that at one point if it wasn’t for the logistics of the operation, there would have been Nightwing salvagers, but alas while the idea was proposed within the Nightwing court, even the idea to take advantage of all Dragon tribes following the Monster Scourge to enslave what remains were given voice to, but Tenebris never even allowed those ideas to have even the most modest of credit, for the nobles of his court, while at times were an asset and advantage they were naive and idealistic as to think the Nightwings weren’t just as damaged as every other tribe, perhaps believing in their own propaganda.

Tenebris was about to retort with a continuation of his own when a large shadow would be cast upon both his and Attor’s retinue, as the colossal form of Baldirak descended to the ground, Tenebris turned to face him and before Baldirak even spoke he managed an almost overly flamboyant extravagant bow, extended his wings with flare to accomplish such. Tenebris rose and gave a harsh chuckle at the King’s words, “Forgive me, your Majesty, emissaries, and envoys of my court are retainers of mine, thus etiquette is everything to them. Yet I can understand how should they have needed to be an orator to your person, something may have been lost in translation from the written word to speech” retorted Tenebris after Baldiraks snarky remarks of acknowledging him only as an advisor, but as he spoke Tenebris merely rose his forepaw and waved his black ink stained claws as though it was to no consequence, despite his own reply being a party to which he wondered if the Earthwing would snap back at or even pick up the subtle insult at the Earthwing’s intelligence.

As quick as the King arrived another newcomer landed, and Tenebris acknowledged Snowblaze in the same flare of a bow that he had Baldirak on purpose. “Splendid, now then, while I’ll allow for an exchange of pleasantries amongst us all, I presume you all know severity of the purpose of this meeting, tis’ here where we will solidify the foundations of a new era for all Dragonkind as we move forward”.

Last edited by Tenebris on Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Attor Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:16 pm

Attor glanced at the Archon as the dragon explained himself, the Night Wing even mused about being afraid of the unknown. The Sovereign continued his listening and though he even appeared reasonable and calm there was in truth some level of concern. There was more that Tenebris knew, and Attor's gaze though friendly to most, Tenebris would most likely figure out the Attor was seeing right through him. There was an audible humm that acknowledged the Night drake when he gave a half apology that seemed accepting, but the tone to the careful listener would suggest that Attor wasn't necessarily falling for Tenebris' words. There was some truth, but as far as the Sky Wing knew Tenebris knew much more than what he led on.

"Very well… Perhaps in the future we could cooperate at some level. Don't we all hate what's not known to us?" Attor replies, his last sentence more of a muse back to Tenebris statement of "being afraid of the unknown."

As Attor fell silent he would glance between Tenebris and Baldirak to watch their exchange, noting before that the Earth King had a certain dislike of the Archon. That still didn't change his expression nor his calm demeanor, and when the Archon openly stated words about the current summons, the Sovereign nodded and took his place at the stone table before the group. Attor watched as they moved, and the three different lords of their own little worlds much like himself, but so open did Tenebris make the Imperium seem, and even more did the Gifted Crystals remain hidden and mysterious. Attor was happy to be in his own bubble in the Order of Starlights realm, though monsters still roamed about, it was much safer compared to that night all hell broke loose.
Attor
Attor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down