Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Suggestions to Phantom and her characters. Tribe leaders system should be revised. Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Suggestions to Phantom and her characters. Tribe leaders system should be revised. Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Suggestions to Phantom and her characters. Tribe leaders system should be revised.

5 posters

Go down

Suggestions to Phantom and her characters. Tribe leaders system should be revised. Empty Suggestions to Phantom and her characters. Tribe leaders system should be revised.

Post by Zephyros Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:58 am

I have opened this topic to give Phantom some suggestions to improve her characters. I believe you aren't using them in right way, reading their personalities.

Let's talk about the topic "Treaty of The Republic, Embassies being Built on Pyyria! [Leaders/Ambassadors Only]"

First, let me to say that you (or someone else) should have send me a PM that my character wasn't allowed to join. So we could find a way to let him to join. Now my character is in a situation that goes against his personality and I really care to show the best of my characters. Anyway, this isn't the point.

DarkSun has been treated bad both from Phantom and Gemini. I would say the way have they acted don't represent their personalities.

Phantom is the tutor of the dragons and she protects them. However the way she has treated DarkSun, totally ignoring him, is like she's insulting her own breed. Phantom was basically giving more consideration to the RNU, the ones that have tried to exterminate the dragon race. DarkSun's opinion really didn't count for her? Perhaps she has ignored him because he couldn't join the meeting. However it's still disrespectful from her. She could consider his suggestions because are reasonable, and beside the rank he explained well his thought. It would be useful to make him as Gemini's advisor, since he has joined the topic.

Following her personality, she would be very suspicious about the RNU. Phantom can't really ignore that the RNU has attempted to enslave the dragon race, and they presented themselves in the past as a sort of devil. It's against her personality that she says "past belongs to the past." The terrible devastations caused by the RNU can't be easily forgiven from her.

I know in the chatbox Shao has told the RNU are very pacific now, but Phantom (as character) is unaware about that. So she would be very suspicious. If you have noticed, a lot of tribe leaders were disaggring about a possible alliance. I would say the alliance has been arranged very bad.

Now I'm talking about Gemini. She has agreed the NightWings can have a RNU base. But DarkSun is a NightWing and he doesn't agree at all. So Gemini isn't talking for the NightWings in that moment, but for herself only. I know she doesn't have the intention to ignore the tribe member's opinion, but remember that not every tribe member would agree with Gemini's decisions..

I understand that you get really excited in the chatbox when people offer great plots to develop and your characters feel the same way. However this isn't the way you should use Gemini and Phantom. You're aware, as a roleplayer, that the RNU are pacific. However Gemini and Phantom aren't aware about that. For them, the RNU is still the devil that has destroyed the SkyWing kingdom, for example. They don't have proofs to say the RNU are really pacific. Not yet.

Mines are simply suggestions, reading Phantom and Gemini personalities, to help you to improve your characters.

I always prefer to tell things openly to avoid misunderstandings between characters.

And, another thing, I have seen decisions are taken in the chatbox. I think we shouldn't use too much the chatbox for that. It's always preferable to open a topic and talk about it openly with the userbase first.

I'm adding another part: I see the forum has a militar system, where there're gerarchies. So the tribe leader is the boss and the others must follow its orders. However roleplaying is different from going to war. Every character has its personality, so they inevitably have their opinions that are different from tribe leaders.

Perhaps this forum has been created with the intent to make several armies that simply fight each other. However we have kingdoms to administrate, and the militar concept can't really work. Also, we're roleplaying, and there're feelings and emotions involved.

The role of tribe leaders isn't working very well. They're supposed to represent the tribe. However, the way they're acting (not all of them), represent themselves and not the voice of the members. A tribe leader is supposed to lead. Not to command. Leading means that it cares and listen its members and it tries to take the best decision for them.

To explain better, when it comes to do a very important decision (like allowing the RNU to build their bases), the tribe members should be consulted first (with a pool maybe). Then, after the decision is done, the tribe leader will speak for all.

I believe this is the correct way.

Phantom, I think you put too much the military aspect in your characters. Perhaps you don't realize that, but you risk to suffocate the personalities of your characters and also of other dragons. Try to be more open, because your characters are indeed very gentle and understanding, that always listen others and they don't want to act like "tyrants".

Don't take this topic bad. I'm always trying to help, because I know your characters are very good and you always do your best.
Zephyros
Zephyros
God of Storms and Lightning
God of Storms and Lightning

Male Posts : 237

Back to top Go down

Suggestions to Phantom and her characters. Tribe leaders system should be revised. Empty Re: Suggestions to Phantom and her characters. Tribe leaders system should be revised.

Post by Erinyes Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:22 am

I think I agree with you, even if it's not a militar way in a forum and in the roleplay it's automatic that there are rules and ranks, adventures, moments of peace and wars,and this with a military idea or not, but this make not less important the role of the tribe leader or the dragon gods, and also of some good users and dragons that even with a "normal" rank are good in some things
A leader do not act like a tyrant, but try to take the best decision for the whole tribe, and listen to the member, and maybe have a special one that it's close to him and can help in taking the decision, a leade lead, guide, and is a pont or refferement, a general or a boss just take the decision uncaring of the opinions of the others
also I can often happen that one is too much involved in the charachter and play them all as the person is, with its personality, but it's important to do a little difference to do not risk to roleplay all the dragons in the same manner, making them all seems the same, even if of course there is a part of us in every charatcher and this is a good thing, as we put our heart in them and in the situation, caring about it and trying to do the best to write a good post that could please not only the writer but also who is reading it
I can say it is important to make a difference between us ad players and the charachter we have brought to life
so some things should not be taken as a personal problem
and also if someone is friend with another this should not damage the personality of the dragons or how the would react and so one can respect the charachter and make it move and think as the roleplayer think it woukld act (like if i'm friend with snowfall, maybe Asra would attack her, but I do not have anything against the charachter or the player)
so if we are friends or foe out of the roleplay should not interfere
Of course one can have several charachters similar each other ^^ or very different, I'm putting myself in the first line and do autocriticism and i try to be fair, but it's all okay, and i believe there is nothing to blame or to critic if one have similar charachters or not, because it's okay and each one is unique, but as it's true that there is a part of us or we are inspired by someone else or something while creating and roleplaying them, it's important to give them their own personality and freedom to act as the would.
about the RNU possible alliance I think it's quite hard, to me almost impossible, since no dragon can or should forget the massacre they did and the fear and pain the brought with their army, so i don't think a leader would accept them in the territory or even near them, for the safety of the tribe members too
And because of the war that RNU moved against dragons and how evil they were, it could be a trap! no one know exatly what is happening in the story, if the users know ok, it can help to move the charatchter, but the charachter itself do not know anything
(anothe point about it, if one is reading the mind or one is capable to feel the sensations the other user should describe well what their charachter are feeling or thinking to help the other player in the role)
and it would have more sense if it is a trap (the RNU), and if the visitors are simply another race, other reptilians maybe, that have no intention to hurt on enslave anyone, and there could be interesting how dragons, which really care to protect their territories, would be suspicious and the reptilians surprised
One more thing i would say and to me it's very important, if someone have an idea or something to discuss about, it should open a topic visible to everyone!!! the chat should not be abused for things that are so important and all the usersers deserve tonknow and express an opinion about it ^^
because in the chat there can be even just two users and they maybe discuss a thing, but all the others that are not onlin or off the chat will not know about it, or know about when it's too late
also if you have already decidere how the story must evolve it would be a good idea to let us know
without move by force the charatcher of the other, because it's not nice, but letting them know how the story should be would help them to collaborate to create it
because on the other case we have the right to develop it together and it could have unespected  and also good evolutions

I really hope you all will read it and write your ideas, and we will be able to talk and think together
Erinyes
Erinyes
FireWing Tracker
FireWing Tracker

Female Posts : 76

Back to top Go down

Suggestions to Phantom and her characters. Tribe leaders system should be revised. Empty Re: Suggestions to Phantom and her characters. Tribe leaders system should be revised.

Post by Frostflare Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:03 am

I agree with both of you 100%. A leader should speak for their tribe and lead them, and also they should be active. Most leaders you hardly ever see on, and I will not point fingers. I really think that some, or a lot of things need changing around here. Also dragons should be super suspicious about the RNU, seeing as what they did. At this time changes seem necessary. My opinion.
Frostflare
Frostflare
IceWing Guardian
IceWing Guardian

Female Taurus Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Akreious Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:06 am

Arcke has no right to be suspicious because he does Not have a past with the RNU but his friends does so don't hurt me plz  WUT 
Akreious
Akreious
SkyWing Lieutenant
SkyWing Lieutenant

Male Aries Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Zed Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:24 am

Before anyone asks, I will not join sides here because of the lack of information. However, there is one thing that I have to speak of here myself.
I do not mind what others think about my opinion, but for me there should be a change made. I don't like the way the dragons are living right now.
We are called tribes all for yourself, however we live in "kingdoms". Now, if we really live in such, there should be a monarchy of sorts being the highest instance of ruler ship. But for me, a monarchy always is a queen AND a king. However, as I look at it right now, there is no true monarchy present in any of the tribes since there is either a king OR a queen, never both. I just speak out of gender equality if I say that we need two dragons of equal rights and power ruling each tribe.

This right now, from my POV, reminds me more of two other things. One of a pack, where we all follow one Alpha who has the right to command us and we have to obey. I know that it is not always like that in packs but this is how there are usually depicted and that's just my point.
Aside from that, we are technically living under several dictatorships. We have one single ruler for each country, that ruler commands, we obey, and don't you dare having another opinion.

Now, before you go all mad, all ham 'n cheese on me, I do not try to insult any specific ruler of Pyyria, to be honest I do not want to insult anydragon. However, I speak of equality. Our kind of ruling isn't equal or fair to be honest.

That's it so far from me.
Zed
Zed
NightWing Tracker
NightWing Tracker

Male Pisces Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Akreious Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:32 am

That's... A fair point, why don't we have both?
Akreious
Akreious
SkyWing Lieutenant
SkyWing Lieutenant

Male Aries Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostflare Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:45 am

I think that's a good idea, we should apply these ideas to the forum, because right now things are a little crazy.
Frostflare
Frostflare
IceWing Guardian
IceWing Guardian

Female Taurus Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Akreious Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:08 pm

#we should NOW
#why am I doing this
#im hungry
#im gonna go make waffles
Akreious
Akreious
SkyWing Lieutenant
SkyWing Lieutenant

Male Aries Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostflare Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:32 pm

Arekious, what are you trying to say? It is hard to read things when you go #something #like #this.
Ya know?
Frostflare
Frostflare
IceWing Guardian
IceWing Guardian

Female Taurus Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Akreious Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:47 pm

I'm basically doing this
We
Should
Do
It
Now,
Why
Am
I
Doing
This
I
Am
Hungry
I'm
Going
To
Go
Make
Waffles
Akreious
Akreious
SkyWing Lieutenant
SkyWing Lieutenant

Male Aries Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostflare Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:59 pm

Hmmm. Its just slightly irritating. And it wastes space on the page. You know what I mean?
So
I
hope
you
enjoy
your
waffles
because
I
didn't
have
a
good
tasting
dinner
tonight
Ya
know
?
Frostflare
Frostflare
IceWing Guardian
IceWing Guardian

Female Taurus Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Akreious Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:01 pm

Lol my waffles were good thank you
Akreious
Akreious
SkyWing Lieutenant
SkyWing Lieutenant

Male Aries Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostflare Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:03 pm

Your welcome, anyways back to the topic now, because we were sorta spamming. Ish. Not really. Anyways, I agree with you guys, and this stuff should be made official.
Frostflare
Frostflare
IceWing Guardian
IceWing Guardian

Female Taurus Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:05 pm

I totally want waffles for dinner. Wait what was this topic about again????

Back to top Go down

Post by Erinyes Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:08 pm

Sorin Markov wrote:Before anyone asks, I will not join sides here because of the lack of information. However, there is one thing that I have to speak of here myself.
I do not mind what others think about my opinion, but for me there should be a change made. I don't like the way the dragons are living right now.
We are called tribes all for yourself, however we live in "kingdoms". Now, if we really live in such, there should be a monarchy of sorts being the highest instance of ruler ship. But for me, a monarchy always is a queen AND a king. However, as I look at it right now, there is no true monarchy present in any of the tribes since there is either a king OR a queen, never both. I just speak out of gender equality if I say that we need two dragons of equal rights and power ruling each tribe.

This right now, from my POV, reminds me more of two other things. One of a pack, where we all follow one Alpha who has the right to command us and we have to obey. I know that it is not always like that in packs but this is how there are usually depicted and that's just my point.
Aside from that, we are technically living under several dictatorships. We have one single ruler for each country, that ruler commands, we obey, and don't you dare having another opinion.

Now, before you go all mad, all ham 'n cheese on me, I do not try to insult any specific ruler of Pyyria, to be honest I do not want to insult anydragon. However, I speak of equality. Our kind of ruling isn't equal or fair to be honest.

That's it so far from me.

A king or quen can be good leaders
and even if they don't have the title of king or alpha they are able to lead and help the group
also, about the pack of wolves, for example, there are many wrong informations, because they are a family and act based on it, helping eachother and the role of the omega is important too ^^
Erinyes
Erinyes
FireWing Tracker
FireWing Tracker

Female Posts : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostflare Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:12 pm

Still though, we might want to put some changes. Things right now as I said are not how they exactly should be. I like your observation too Zephros.
Frostflare
Frostflare
IceWing Guardian
IceWing Guardian

Female Taurus Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Akreious Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:14 pm

Oh this conversation is going on while I make emotes Smile

Let me see what's going on...
Akreious
Akreious
SkyWing Lieutenant
SkyWing Lieutenant

Male Aries Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostflare Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:18 pm

Yes, you should read it. That's what you are suppose to do.
Frostflare
Frostflare
IceWing Guardian
IceWing Guardian

Female Taurus Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Akreious Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:38 pm

Done readin it
Akreious
Akreious
SkyWing Lieutenant
SkyWing Lieutenant

Male Aries Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostflare Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:43 pm

Well? What do you have to say?
Frostflare
Frostflare
IceWing Guardian
IceWing Guardian

Female Taurus Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down