Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Mending and Adjusting (Humans Only) - Page 2 Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Mending and Adjusting (Humans Only) - Page 2 Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Mending and Adjusting (Humans Only)

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mending and Adjusting (Humans Only) - Page 2 Empty Mending and Adjusting (Humans Only)

Post by Svadilfare Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

Svadilfare laid on his back, staring up at the wood beams above him. His wife lay sleeping beside him. The cold wind howled outside, the moon was just starting to rise above the snow-covered peaks. It was the middle of the night and the Pride of Kyro was wide awake. It had only been two months since he returned home from avenging his first wife's death, resucing his five kidnapped children, and marrying Celestia. Svad turned his gaze away from the ceiling and to Cele. She was just beginning her third trimester. He reached over and gently ran his right hand through her hair, thanking whatever deity was responsible for bringing her into his life. And then he got out of bed, grabbing his Moonstone off the windowsill as he left the bedroom.

Aerouant was sleeping by the hearth. Not wanting to wake the young Dragon, who was already scared of him, Svad conjured a small ball of fire to replenish the dwindling flames. After placing another log on, he slipped outside. The snow crunched softly under his boots as he walked to the tree stump where he and Leo chopped wood. A couple yards away was a tree that Svadilfare liked to climb when he needed to think about things. He also used it as target practice--not that he needed to practice. Tonight he would use it to strengthen his hand. Svad climbed up to the lowest branch of the tree, eased out to the center of it, then dangled himself under it, holding on with both hands. The gripping capability of his right hand was only about 50%. He wanted to get it at least to 90%.

Svadilfare exhaled slowly the weight of his hanging body put a great strain on his hand. He pulled himself up until his chin touched the cold, rough bark of the branch. For a few moments he reamined in that position, letting his hand recover, then lowered himself back down. After only two minutes of pull ups, Svadilfare's right hand and upper arm shook with excruciating pain and he lost his grip, too suddenly to recover with his left hand, and fell to the ground with a muffled thud. Svad groaned as he sat up, rubbing the back of his head. He was glad for the new snowfall. He stood and brushed the snow off then climbed the tree again. A minute later he was doing pull ups again; two minutes later he was once again on his back in the snow.

Svadilfare went through this routine for the remainder of the night while rest of Kryo slept.

Svadilfare

Male Posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Mending and Adjusting (Humans Only) - Page 2 Empty Re: Mending and Adjusting (Humans Only)

Post by Svadilfare Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:29 am

"Dragon figurines?" asked the old woman who stood behind the wooden structure housing her wares. She peered up at the taller young man. By the way he was dressed, she could tell he was an outsider. A smile tugged at the corners of her mouth, making her wrinkles much more visible. "I might have something for you, young man." The woman bent down and lifted up a small bucket containing an assortment of dragon figurines. "There are some for just about every situation. Bringing misfortune to your enemies, bringing good fortune to yourself--if you really believe those awful creatures could actually be good. Oh, and there are some that are said to actually keep the beasts away. Take your pick, dear."

Svadilfare

Back to top Go down

Mending and Adjusting (Humans Only) - Page 2 Empty Re: Mending and Adjusting (Humans Only)

Post by Súl Iolar Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:17 am

Súl smiled as the woman brought out the figurines and explained what they supposedly did. He began examining a few as he spoke to the lady.

”Well, ma’am, you never know. Stranger has happened.” He then found a relatively small figurine. He then placed the others back in the box, handing the small dragon to the shop keeper.

”I do want to find something else. Something as a... thank you to friend.” Just like before, he was horrible at hiding his real meaning.
Súl Iolar
Súl Iolar

Male Posts : 190

Back to top Go down

Post by Svadilfare Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:38 pm

"Has it now? Well when I see it for myself, maybe I'll believe it. Or maybe I'll think the world's gone mad," the woman said with a chuckle. "A thank-you gift, you say?" she asked when the marksman mentioned another gift. She set the small figurine he'd chosen aside. "What sort of things does this friend of yours like?"

Svadilfare, meanwhile, had moved on from the training ground. He was looking for a clothing vendor in hopes of finding something warmer for Celestia than what she had currently, as it was only going to get colder in the coming weeks. He traded a couple of his old sparring swords for the furs he wanted then made his way to Sul. "Hello, Uri. How are you today?" he asked the old woman.

"Oh, Leonidas. So nice to see you, it's been a while. I'm quite well, seeing to my first visitor of the day. How's your new wife?"

"She's doing well, Uri, thank you. Right now she's sleeping. I'm getting her some warmer clothing and showing my friend here around," Svad placed a hand on Sul's shoulder. "You were able to find what you were looking for, Sul? Uri here is the best, even if she's too modest to admit it."

Svadilfare

Back to top Go down

Post by Súl Iolar Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:51 pm

Súl smiled at the woman’s laughter. At least she seemed to be somewhat open minded to dragons not being totally evil. He was also surprised that the woman asked about what Lori liked. Súl though for a moment before speaking.

”Well. She’s an artist and an adventurer. She has a love for the world around her, and could make the coldest of people smile.” Súl blushed when he realized just how love struck he sounded. He then heard someone come from behind.

The marksman then heard Svad’s voice as he said hello to the woman, Uri. She answered the warrior, calling him Leonidas. Was that Svad’s real name, Súl wondered? The Kryoian then spoke about his wife, which made Súl smile again, and he asked if the Ammos “native” had found everything, complimenting Uri in the process. ”Almost.”
Súl Iolar
Súl Iolar

Back to top Go down

Post by Svadilfare Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:48 pm

"Hmmm..." Uri looked thoughtfully at her wares as SúI described his friend. "I think maybe Suri will have what you're looking for. She was quite the adventurous type herself in her youth." She laughed at Svadilfare. "Your standing in this village has finally gone to your head, Little Leo. Modesty used to be your strong point if I remember correctly."

"Oh not at all, Uri. I promise I'm just as modest as I was then. We'll go see Suri." Svad started to walk off to another area of the market.

Uri smiled and gave the figurine SúI had picked out to him. "A gift for you, dear. I won't ask anything for it. I hope you find what you're looking for for your lady friend."

Svadilfare

Back to top Go down

Post by Súl Iolar Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:44 am

Súl couldn’t help but chuckle at Svad and Uri’s conversation. It was funny to watch to see how the old woman interacted with his friend. He was also happy that she knew someone who may have something for him. But then Uri shocked the marksman by giving him the figurine. He just looked at her before finally speaking.

”Thank you, Uri. Have a good day.” He then slipped the figurine into a small back and looked at Svad, assuming he knew where to go. Once they started heading that way, Súl had to ask Svad a question.

”Leonidas?”
Súl Iolar
Súl Iolar

Back to top Go down

Post by Svadilfare Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:39 pm

Svadilfare glanced at the marksman upon hearing the name. He stopped walking as a group of children ran past. "My father's name. And also mine. I tell and continue the story of my father and his father... Svadilfare Leonidas Sarik Natura-Avedon. My grandfather likes to say that the name is just as important as the blood. That by passing on your name and your father's name to your son, you ensure the clan will never be ignored by time, never forgotten by future generations." Svad continued walking.

By now the market was more alive. There was a lot more weaving involved in getting from one place to another. But it helped to keep one warm, constantly having to sharply change direction to avoid collision. Funnily enough, the biggest threat came not from the amount of people moving through the market--at this particular time of day, there weren't many--but the children at play. They had little care for the goings on of the adults. So what if a basket of food found its way to the snow? Did it matter if one's conversation with a customer was interrupted by a child with sticky fingers? No one minded, however. Many had done the same in their youth. In fact, everyone had a good laugh--usually. There were always a few who didn't appreciate the mischievous children running about the market without chastisement.

The warrior-assassin spotted Suri. The woman, identical to Uri, who was in fact, her twin, crouched over a pile of furs. She seemed to be looking for something. "Suri? Could we lend a hand?"

Suri looked up and around until her gaze fell on her fellow Kryoan. "Ah, Svadilfare. Uri sent you, didn't she?" She stood, brushing the snow from the top of her fur boots. "That's nothing I can't handle, dear. But thank you. What can I do for you?"

Svadilfare smiled and picked up the furs anyway. "Yes she did. She says hello. This marksman here is looking for a gift for a friend." He gestured to Sul as he leaded against the wooden post beside Suri's table.

Svadilfare

Back to top Go down

Post by Súl Iolar Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:08 pm

Súl smiled and nodded as Svadilfare explained his name. Towards the end, it hit him that Svad’s son, Leo, most likely shared his name with his father. He then looked at the assassin before speaking. ”Maybe in the future I will have son to pass my name to.” In his mind, he kinda hoped any future children would be both his and Lori’s, but he wouldn’t say it aloud.

As they continued walking, the Dragon Tongue smiled at practically every kid that ran by. It reminded him of Ammos’s market. They soon came up to a familiar looking woman looking over some furs. Apparently, Uri and Suri were twins, or at least sisters, and Súl now noticed the similar names. When Svad pointed him out, Súl smiled and nodded, pulling the cloth from his face.

”Name’s Súl Iolar. Pleasure to meet you ma’am.”
Súl Iolar
Súl Iolar

Back to top Go down

Post by Svadilfare Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:24 pm

"Perhaps you will." Svad smiled. Almost as if he had known what Sul had been thinking, he added, "Leo, Xander, and Ami are another's... though I have always loved them as my own. Aurelius is the one who carries on the tradition. Aurelius Svadilfare Leonidas Natura-Avedon."

"Sul Iolar. What a nice name. I hope Uri was nice to you. I'm sure I can help with your dilemma. Now tell me about your friend. What does she like?" Suri smiled at the marksman.

Svadilfare

Back to top Go down

Post by Súl Iolar Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:32 pm

Súl just smiled at what Svad said, understanding what it was like to have such for a child of different blood. He had learn fairly young that blood and family weren’t the same thing. El would always be his first child, and he still considered Gane, a dragon, closer to family than his own mother. He was, however, surprised that Leo wasn’t the one that the assassin shared a name with.

”She was,” the marksman responded before beginning to describe Lori. ”Well. She’s an artist, and an adventurer. Kind hearted too.” Súl stopped there, trying not to sound too sappy. He then add ”Any ideas?”
Súl Iolar
Súl Iolar

Back to top Go down

Post by Svadilfare Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:05 pm

Suri hummed thoughtfully for a moment. Her expression revealed an idea had come to her. The old woman disappeared behind her stand as she stooped down. She came back up with a single item, a pendant. "This might be what you are looking for, hm?" She held it up for Sul to see.

Svadilfare

Back to top Go down

Post by Súl Iolar Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:00 am

Súl looked at the pendent, surprised at how quickly Suri found found something. He carefully lifted the pendent to get a better look at it. It was quite a beautiful piece, and it was perfect. He smiled as he looked at Suri, seeming to love the idea. ”That pendent’s perfect. How much for it.”
Súl Iolar
Súl Iolar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2