Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Moonstone Hunting (Open) Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Moonstone Hunting (Open) Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:44 am

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Moonstone Hunting (Open)

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Moonstone Hunting (Open) Empty Moonstone Hunting (Open)

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:59 am

The air was crisp, dew already clinged to the grass. The night was silent save for the occasional wingbeats of a large Dragon. A pair of pale blue eyes lifted to see the stars that shone above them. Baldirak moved through the skies over the rogue lands of Pyrria in search of a Moonstone. It was the one thing the EarthWing lacked as a follower of Astralogy. He knew they glowed, so spotting one would be no trouble; he just wasn't sure where to start looking. A temple seemed like as good a place as any to start, so he was headed to the nearest one that he knew of--the center of rogue land near the SeaWings. It didn't take too terribly long to get there and when he arrived, he circled above a few times, looking for any sign of a Moonstone. No, none that he could see. Oh well; he hadn't expected to find one so quickly. Baldirak landed on his hind legs, his wings flapping to stablize himself, then came down onto his front. As usual his right forepaw was curled up, not touching ground, to keep pressure off the limb. For a moment he stood there facing the temple. There weren't many trees around as the temple sat in a clearing. The temple itself looked as though no one had entered it since the day the Goddess it belonged to passed. With a light exhale, the EarthWing limped into the sacred place. It was dark, leaves carried by the wind from distant trees littered the floor. With a stamp of his left forepaw, he awoke the earth--the ground beneath the temple rose slowly at a steep angle. As it titled, the dry, dead leaves rolled down toward the front of the building. With gentle wingbeats Baldirak made sure the leaves went out the door instead of collecting at the base of the walls. When all the leaves were gone, the ground lowered to its original place, as if nothing had happened. With a small smile, Baldirak then turned to face the front of the temple where a shrine to the bygone Goddess stood. He went up to it and bowed before sitting; the talismans around his neck swung lightly making a clacking sound. And then he closed his eyes. "I seek to obtain a Moonstone... but I don't know where they are found. Surely an artifact of the gods would be hidden? Is there some part of you that remained when you died, that might offer guidance to your prophet?"
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Moonstone Hunting (Open) Empty Re: Moonstone Hunting (Open)

Post by Toxic Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:05 am

The shifting temple was observed by two that night. Not only by the dragon who caused such a powerful change in the earth, but another hybrid who looks for answers.

Torn between the Nightwings and the Earthwings he needs to know where he came from. This shifting temple must be a sign. The wavyrn glides down before coming to rest at the mouth of the old structure. Not risking just walking inside so that what ever is inside can get the drop on him. Instead he musters up his bravest voice and speaks into the dark of the ruins. "Hello? I saw this temple lift from the ground, who's in there?"
Toxic
Toxic

Male Cancer Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:36 pm

The earth shook, but not by the EarthWing's doing. Baldirak opened his eyes when he felt tremors in the ground. Soon after, he heard a voice behind him and turned to see a Wyvern stanging outside the shrine. "An EarthWing. I was cleaning the temple. Come inside."

Last edited by Baldirak Sapiens Draco on Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Toxic Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:36 am

Toxin creeps inside the dark temple, his eyes darting to look at anything he can. "What is this place? I've always seen it when I've been hunting but i never know who or what made it."
Toxic
Toxic

Male Cancer Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:01 pm

The Earth King watched as the smaller Dragon walked into the temple. He asked what the building was... apparently not hearing when Baldirak had said it was a temple. Baldirak studied the young Dragon for a moment before turning all the way around to face the newcomer. "This is the Temple of the Stars. A place of worship for followers of Astralogy. But no one comes here anymore, with Astral being dead. Her religion died with her.... save for me. I came here tongiht looking for a Moonstone. Do you know what that is?"
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Toxic Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:06 pm

He knew it was a temple but temples can be for many things. Hearing this one was built for a star god he looks around in slight awe. "A goddess lived here once? How did she die?" Creeping closer he looks back to the dragon before him. "Moonstone. I've Hurd of them but never seen one, why are you looking for one?" He is ceureous about all this temple is and more so about the large Earthwing. Something about him along with this place sparks his interest.
Toxic
Toxic

Male Cancer Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:48 pm

"No, she didn't live here. I never got the chance to discover the cause of her death..." Baldirak paused and frowned as he thought back on the day. Clearing his throat he answered the Dragon's next question. "Moonstones grant knowledge of various things, helps you to learn faster. But I seek one mostly to further show my devotion to Astralogy. I came here hoping to find some clue as to where I should look for one."
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Toxic Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:15 am

It's not hard for Toxin to see the pain in his stance as he speaks about the goddess. Dropping the topic would be better for this elder dragon. The moon stone on the other paw, that is something he can sink his teeth into. "So if this stone helps with learning then wouldn't others look for it? If that's the case then who ever hid the stone in the first place would hide it where no one would think to look."
Toxic
Toxic

Male Cancer Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephtis Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:41 am

Sephtis was on a mission, literally. He had been sent by Attor himself to locate and retrieve a moonstone in the hopes that it would help reveal more about a plot against the SkyWing King. He spotted a smaller NightWing wyvern entering an old, run-down temple to the goddess Astral. This was decidedly unusual and, now that he thought about it, a temple to a goddess of the moon and stars would probably house a moonstone. He had to get to it first if it indeed was contained within the temple. He instantly dove silently down underneath the canopy of trees. He retracted his claws and his soft fur made him almost completely noiseless on the ground. He also had his stinger's venom at a level large enough to knock our even the largest of dragons. An EarthWing of course would be a problem, but so far he had only seen a NightWing.
Sephtis
Sephtis

Male Posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:46 am

"Well for one, they are quite hard to find, even the most common color. And part of the problem, I think, is that usually one tries to find them during the day... which I myself have done. It is best to look for them at night because they glow, although they are still hidden. Now, each Moonstone color represents a different attribute and only Moonstones of that color can teach it to you. White is for wisdom and knowledge in general, whereas purple is for wisdom for a specific thing. Then there's blue for social and dragon (people) skills. Yellow helps you to be more creative, black helps you with alchemy. Green is for nature, and red, the rarest Moonstone of all, helps you to learn magic." Here, Bladirak paused because he felt a slight tremor in the earth. Another Dragon, a small one, had just landed outside the temple. The tremors weren't ones he recognized but it was either an adolescent or a SkyWIng, judging by the size of the tremor. "I suppose more don't look for them, because as I mentioned earlier, the religion is nearly dead. That, and of course not everyone believes in the Gods and Goddesses and the powers of the items they are tied to." Baldirak turned back around to face the shrine, his pale eyes looking around the old temple.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Toxic Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:04 am

The little wavyrns eyes fill with awe. Maybe this can be what he's been looking for. "Are there moonstones that can help me find something I've lost?" He looks at the elder hopefully. So tanged up in the story and words he doesn't feel the other dragon.
Toxic
Toxic

Male Cancer Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephtis Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:53 pm

Septhis heard voices, but most notably he heard the words "learn magic." Suddenly the Temple shook as it had when the NightWing had entered. He immediately goes into combat stance as he knows that the other dragons now know he is there. He still has his claws retracted just in case, but his stinger would be enough to knock out an extremely large dragon. He heads to the darkest part of the Temple and keeps moving until he's almost right next to the now visible pair of dragons. One, a large EarthWing, the other a small NightWing. He could knock out or kill the NightWing, but the EarthWing was a different story. An immunity to poison granted the EarthWing an advantage against Septhis, but Septhis was small, agile, and fast. This was doable. He must retrieve any Moonstones that he can.
Sephtis
Sephtis

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:38 pm

The Earth King chuckled lightly "No, there are no Moonstones for that. Tell me, are you going to slink about in the darkness all night, or will you introduce yourself?" Baldirak asked the smaller Dragon that had made its way into the temple. He turned his head to look in the direction of the last place he had felt tremors created by the Dragon's steps.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Toxic Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:42 pm

Knowing now that there is another dragon here makes toxin go tense. He pulls his wings in close to look smaller then he is and moves closer to the large earthing. "What? Someone else is here?"
Toxic
Toxic

Male Cancer Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephtis Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:07 pm

Sephtis cursed the tremors quietly. He now understood that his assumptions about the tremors being used as a way to somehow identify other dragons were correct. He entered the light from behind the other two dragons. At this moment he did not deem the use of force necessary, but he would be ready non the less. He decided it best not to reveal that he was hear for his King yet, but he spoke, "I wasn't expecting anyone to be up here at this time of night... I hope I'm not intruding?"
Sephtis
Sephtis

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:32 am

((You shouldn't feel any tremors, Seph.))

"Yes, there is, along the wall. In the shadows." Baldirak said as he watched the newcomer. "No, you aren't intruding. But you are looking for something, aren't you?" he asked as his pale eyes grew darker, a physical sign of his ability activating. (Note his ability won't actually work unless his claws are buried in the ground) "After all, why else would one come to a temple, but in search of something? So, are you a follower of Astralogy as well?"
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Toxic Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:44 am

Even if this newcomer is smaller then toxin, the dragon still hides as much as he can. Fear of the unknown pushes him to. His power may save him in the case of a fight but it will harm the temple, something the larger earthwing wouldn't approve of. For now he stays quiet but all three ready to act.
Toxic
Toxic

Male Cancer Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephtis Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:12 am

Sephtis is irritated that the EarthWing somehow knew he was there. What could have given him away? His manner was calm and his tone was neutral as he decided to ask, "You seem to have sensed me somehow, but was I not silent? Was I not hidden? I'm interested as to how you would have known... And yes I am searching for something, but I am not a follower of Astrology. I have heard of it though. If everyone is looking for something, then what is is that you seek?" He tried to play it off as though he knew nothing of the other two's intentions, of course he knew they both sought the same thing he did... He kept his tail ready just in case, but he did not think the smaller NightWing would attack. It was the EarthWing he was wary of. He was the only one Septhis couldn't take down with his venom.
Sephtis
Sephtis

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:48 am

As he didn't want to use his time-seeing ability right now, the EarthWing willed his claws not to bury themselves in the ground. "Aye, you were silent and you were hidden. But there are elements out of your control which betray your stealth. For instance, you realize that no matter how silent or hidden from view you are, one can still smell you?" Of course Baldirak had smelled the SkyWing, who obviously smelled a lot different than the NightWing who was standing near him. Yes, this wasn't the fisrt thing that alerted him, but he didn't need everyone knowing what abilities he had. "'I have heard of it though'... You seek a Moonstone." he said more than asked as his eyes paled again. "What would someone who does not follow the great Goddess want with a Moonstone? I seek a Moonstone that I may further show my devotion to a long-gone Goddess and her religion. Perhaps I may even gain new knowledge. But again I ask, what does one who does not follow Astralogy want with a Moonstone?"

Last edited by Baldirak Sapiens Draco on Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Toxic Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:34 am

Hearing all this from the elder earthwing only stands to the power he must have. Toxin is smart to keep on his good side. As for this newcomer, he's smarter yet to hide. Clearly this dragon has intentions all of his own and it would be dumb for him to stand in his way. The elder clearly knows what to do so he leaves it up to him, putting his trust in his claws.
Toxic
Toxic

Male Cancer Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephtis Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:07 am

Sephtis was a little ticked off that he'd forgotten about such a little thing... He was also annoyed that the larger dragon was showing him such disdain and seemed to be mocking him... He did not let this change his demeanor or his actions. He would have to explain his mission... But he didn't have to explain it all. He spoke calmly again, "I am not here for myself as it would seem. I was sent by Attor himself to retrieve a moonstone. A while back I received intelligence that a plot had been made against him. I seek a moonstone in an effort to gain more knowledge of this plot. Not for my own gain. I realize that I may not find what I seek, but none the less I am also working for one above myself..." He was becoming suspicious of the large EarthWing... The NightWing had done nothing as of yet, but he was starting to dislike the situation. Two against one if he was unlucky, and the EarthWing seemed to be hiding something. Sephtis was wary despite his calm and relaxed actions. He distrusted the EarthWing and he knew nothing about the NightWing. He spoke again, this time to the NightWing, "Who are you NightWing? I can safely assume that you seek a moonstone as well."
Sephtis
Sephtis

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:02 pm

The Earth KIng watched the smaller Dragon, just a little amused by how wary he seemed to be. Surely anyone would be wary of a being bigger than they, but Baldirak was hardly a threatening presence. Despite his amusement, he wasn't fond of how the SkyWing held himself, like he was expecting a fight. "Attor? That is not a name with which I am familiar (this rp takes place before the merges). Hm, I'm afraid a Moonstone would not help you. It will provide you knowlege, yes, but not the kind you seek. You wish to learn more of a plot that may be? What you need is Time."
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Toxic Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:58 pm

Being spoken too toxin bows his head. "I came to investigate a sound. I'm not lpoking for something a moonstone can give me."
He keeps back from the space between the two. The air heavy and thick.
Toxic
Toxic

Male Cancer Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephtis Fri May 05, 2017 6:33 am

Sephtis wasn't sure whether the large EarthWing was referring to Time as in what makes the days go by and what made them age, or if he meant something else... He hadn't told them that the 'intelligence' he'd received was that the usurper himself had actually asked him if he'd be willing to join the plot... Seph had just walked away as if he hadn't heard. He noticed the NightWing seemed uncomfortable or uneasy. As if Seph's words had snapped at him... He thought his words had sounded quite calm. He spoke although unsure of what to say, "Time as in you expect me to wait, or time in some other manner?" He thought to himself, "I may not learn something of the plot against my King, but I may yet have use for a moonstone... How could I get one without letting them know my purpose?" The need to learn more of the magical realm tugged at his mind as if enticing him towards it... He could almost see the blood red moonstone pulling at him... He needed to know more. He needed to see...

(Sorry for the late reply... I had a bunch of work to catch up on and I wasn't sure what to say. I'll try and keep up better next time.)
Sephtis
Sephtis

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Mon May 08, 2017 3:00 pm

((It's okay.))

"Both," the EarthWing said as he shifted his weight on his paws. "Any task one wishes to complete requires patience. And if you lack the ability to wait for what you want, then you need another to help you obtain it faster. What you seek is the ability to see Time itself. That is the only way you would glean more information about this plot against your leader, short of interrogating the one doing the plotting."
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next