Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Hidden Secrets (Private with Tion) - Page 2 Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Hidden Secrets (Private with Tion) - Page 2 Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Hidden Secrets (Private with Tion)

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hidden Secrets (Private with Tion) - Page 2 Empty Hidden Secrets (Private with Tion)

Post by Anila Sun May 22, 2016 4:12 am

First topic message reminder :

Nervously, Anila walked down the corridors of the ancient SkyWing palace, the memories of what transpired burning into her mind. She had became angry, dragons had angered her and.. She just remembered her fury peaking, her glorious aura shattering as a rather giant force of wind cast the dragons away from her.. But she had never had the strength to use the winds like she just had. The guards were horrified of her, scared, as they knew that she had done it. The useless SkyWing who all she can do is fly, but all of a sudden, have the capability of bending winds to do her bidding... With only sheer willpower.

Anila heard claws on the ground, signalling the coming guards. Panic drove her forward and she dove behind a rather thick pillar, her largish appearance pushed against it as she hid. Her armour was discarded earlier, she left it at the doorstep and forgot to grab it. She was more than annoyed with that, but she hid instead of gathering it once more. Her large wings pulled up tightly against her, hearing the louder sounds as the guards walk by, hushed chatter and angry words passing between them.

The room had finally almost emptied. Poking her head out to make sure that the coast was clear, Anila carefully stepped into the opening hall once again. Quickly, the SkyWing ducked around into the corner, almost like an assassin as she silently slithered across and into the throne room. Anila's normal, show off facade was shattered. She was too scared to try and even put it back on. She couldn't let her nervousness and shock stop her. The great leader was more than lenient to her more times than once in the past.. Maybe he would be once more. It was asking a great deal from him, but maybe... Biting through her fears, she approached the King, who's guards and guests had vacated the area earlier. She knew he was meant to be left alone sometimes and right now seemed to be one of those times. Anila was more than worried, unknowing who or what to turn to. But, for some stupid reason, she decided that he was the best dragon to go to.

She exhaled quietly, gathering the rest of her dwindling courage... She spoke up, her voice ringing in the empty throne room. "King Tion.." Anila began, before she couldn't maintain her calm composure and she bowed to the ground, not really showing her normal attitude as she would normally show off. She couldn't bring her eyes up to meet him, too nervous to do so. "I.. If I may, I would like to ask of your assistance, I have no privilege to ask your guidance, but I fear I.. Well no one else would have any idea of this... But I feel you might. Please, Tion, will you hear me out?" Anila asked, her voice shaking like a leaf as she stayed in her bow, her bright eyes wide in fear. She would need to tell him what she just did and the madness happening to her.. But that all depended on Tion, the large SkyWing before her.

However, before he had time to answer, she heard the guards gathering towards them once more, their footsteps rushed. Her form suddenly drew up, a look of worry crossing her face and suddenly she snarled in anger, wishing for the doors to close shut as she needed his help. At her snarl, a huge gust of wind came and the giant doors slammed shut. Anila yelped at the sound of the slamming doors and she turned her panicked gaze to Tion, "I-I swear I didn't mean to, it happened just earlier and.. I became frustrated, but the winds threw back the guards and hurt one of them, I swear I.." Anila put her paws across her muzzle, shaking as she drew her form away from him. She spoke too much, but she would not assume that he would kill her right there and then. Anila had no idea where this stupid thing came from when she became angry, it just... happened.
Anila
Anila
Goddess Of Wind & Protection

Female Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Hidden Secrets (Private with Tion) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hidden Secrets (Private with Tion)

Post by Tion Xithyl Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:41 pm

He growled after every breath, louder when pain started to take over him. Not somethingsomething he could hide but he dared not to show his agony. Against a pack like this, he could perhaps take out another one before he would collapse. He did not even have the energy to roar and call for help from the guards that were stationed nearby. Still, he hoped this impression was enough. It was all his fault. And he needed to make sure he protected Anila.

The wolves sniffed their leader's body. As if they just realised what had occurred, they whimpered and barked, turning away and darting into the forest. As he huffed in relief, his vision darkened a bit and he shot his eyes wide open. This was not good. Both of them could not fly in their state, and Tion needed to rest. Quickly he planned to stay in this forest for a few hours just to recuperate. Perhaps the guards would start to wonder why Tion was taking so long and would come out and search? Or...

Something glowed green around him and, after shooting his head left and right, he found out it was his own body. Healing magic. He had seen this once when he was back at the throne room . It was Anila's magic.

Anila! He said, his voice cracking from the usual calmness he had as he carefully dropped down next to her. She chose to heal him? But why? No matter. Thank the gods! I am sorry Anila. I am really sorry. This is all my fault. I should not have pushed you like this. I... He stopped when Anila spoke very softly. She was apologising back to him. Before he could ask, she had fallen limp. No... Anila! Stay w- His claw felt her heart and there was a beat. She was just unconscious.

Tion shot his head up, trying to fight the tears as they trickled from his eyes. They were in deep inside the forest. It would take the guards forever to find them. But if Tion could roar...

He rubbed awsy his tears before, with all his might, released a powerful roar that echoed across the forest.

It had been three weeks.

He got used to the annoying beeping of the medical equipment around this infirmary. Tion rested on a small bed, which was just blankets upon blankets, against the wall while Anila was resting on the bed. The guards tried many times to offer better comfort or if he would like another bed in this room, but Tion refused them. His scales were rather dull in colour and he was exhausted, for he skipped meals and rushed bathing himself without any lotions.

For three weeks, he stayed by Anila's side. The medics stated she was stable, thanks to the high tech care Anila was given, but it was up to her body to recover on its own and that would judge when she wakes. That was two weeks ago. As for her necklace, the medics have removed it after considerable difficulty as it had bent out of shape and was starting to restrict her airflow. They placed the still-mangled necklace on the table beside the bed.

Tion refused any services, demanding to be alone with Anila. Everyday he would talk to her, even if she could not hear him, telling her about his story, from being a young and arrogant guard to the emotionally stoic dragon he was now. And that it was the first time Anila saw him like this after he dropped his demeanour.

I am sorry, Tion repeated after countless times. He laid his head against the bedside, gritting his fangs as he wept. How could he protect a fortress if he could not even save one dragon. She was wounded because of him. You did not want this. I did not want this to hurt you as much as that. But I did nothing. I should have seen the signs. Please. Wake up. I am very sorry.
Tion Xithyl
Tion Xithyl
SkyWing Advisor

Male Posts : 74

Back to top Go down

Hidden Secrets (Private with Tion) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hidden Secrets (Private with Tion)

Post by Anila Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:52 pm

She was trapped.

Stuck in a state of limbo between the realm of the living, and the land of the dead, Anila wandered through the darkness. It was the lifeless plane, which was yet still filled with life. The state where both everything and nothing existed at once. The void between worlds, between everything which normally existed, yet here she was. Her small form wandered causelessly between the realms. There was no point, but she couldn’t see her physical bodies, but only really sensed what she was doing as she moved around. Nothing was there, but she was feeling as though she was at peace.

Floating through the everlasting bliss of nothing and everything, Anila contemplated what her life even was for. She had been abandoned, left to die with nothing but three necklaces to have and use when she wanted to wear the beautiful things. But when this little egg had hatched, Anila came forward and survived on scraps and other creatures somewhat to eat. When she was older, she made the fatal mistake of putting her necklace on-since then, they had always strangled her. She barely could eat.

Anila’s mind drifted, unable to comprehend anything that was happening around her. She sighed quietly, closing her eyes and mind to turn it to the silence that beckoned and pulled her forward to join it in their nothingness.  

But before they could grab her again, Anila’s eyes shot back open. What did she hear? It called to her, speaking softly in the distance and against the everlasting darkness, telling her of stories and things of the past. A soft, sweet and soothing mumble against the silence. Looking around in the ever darkness, her brilliant eyes shone as she looked around. She heard it again, a soft whisper against the darkness. To her, it was more soothing than that of the corrupt hands which were trying to snatch her to keep her here for eternity.

Anila whined, turning her head and dashing towards the soft voice that called her.  Behind her, claws snatched at her heels to pull her back into their sea of silence. After seemingly weeks of travelling, a small, yellowish glow tinged across in the darkness. Anila drew closer, coming to the glow faster as she then pulled up next to it. Cautiously, she raised her paw, to gently touch the glow. Quickly, it pulled away from her, telling her again of the stories of them becoming how they were now.

Whining, Anila tried to catch the wonderful and curious thing that spoke to her. Her claws were the only things that managed to contact the curious little light before she felt her mind rip away from the dark and empty realm.  Back to the lands of the living.

She remembered nothing of her time spent in the emptiness, but now... Everything seemed weird. Incredibly loud sounds blared into her ears which came from over her head. Her muscles ached. Her body was almost in pain as she tried to come to once more. Anila’s eyes were shut, her senses slowly coming to her before her muscles would be under her control once again. She heard Tion’s voice speak, apologising... Why was he saying that, did he blame himself? Why would he lower his standards to apologise to a pathetic SkyWing who isn’t related to the famous king Tion?

Anila allowed herself to partially frown, before forcing her tired eyes to open. Sadly, she looked upon the dull dragon before her. He was a king, one to be protected and one who seemingly demanded to be respected sometimes. However... He never showed emotion. He was always so sure of himself. He wouldn’t mind if he were treated like dirt, he had showed it in the past with Aero. He didn’t give two tosses about his SkyWings feelings. He just wanted everything to run smoothly for what he wanted. He didn’t share any interest in anything else other than what he found intriguing. Even then, he barely did anything anymore. He didn’t need his SkyWings. He just held the false hope of uniting the whole tribe. But there’s no way he could do it. Never. There was one simple reason. The dragon before her was arrogant, uncaring, just didn’t give two tosses about anything else another SkyWing wanted or needed.

Tion. The emotionless king who just didn’t care.

Yet here he was, the emotionless king reduced to a crying ball of dull yellow scales. But why? Anila noticed that she couldn’t see any guards in the room, just himself and the unconscious dragon near him. But... He never cared about her in the past. He never showed any form of support aside from the throne room, when she became an interest to him... Just another tool. To everyone else, he never cared or showed it. He didn’t show it to anyone... Yet he was curled up next to her with his head resting on her bed. She heard his teeth grit as he apologised again to her... That wasn’t right, no king should cry, not even over the injury of a dragon. She twitched her claws, thankful to finally receive the gift of movement once more with them. Her tail flicked slightly as well, and Anila looked at the teary king before her. He shouldn’t cry. Raising her tail, she pulled it towards him so that her feathers gently trailed across his scales to clear away his tears. Using her paw, she also gently took a hold of his as she held it gently.

“Th..theres no reason.. to cry Tion... Please...” Anila said weakly, her paw gently squeezing his own to try and reassure him. Her paws were riddled with scars, but they were something that she could deal with later. Anila would have nuzzled him if she could, but her muscles were so somewhat stiff around her neck. “It’s alright, please... Don’t cry. Don’t cry for some clumsy dragon Tion... Crying doesn’t suit you, Tion.”

Anila felt herself suddenly not caring for her extremely stiff neck, the necklaces imprint having caused her neck to be slightly deformed due to its tightness. She felt the stiches pull as she turned her head to look directly at Tion, having been put there to try and pull the skin and scales to a normal position as it healed. Anila arched her neck slightly, bringing herself to nuzzle him as she purred, trying to calm and comfort him. “Don’t cry Tion... Shh you didn't hurt me, it was my... Own fault.”
Anila
Anila

Female Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tion Xithyl Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:20 pm

His voice cracked and he whimpered under his breath. How many times had he apologised? How long did he kept his head against her bed? It did not matter to him anymore. He just wanted her to reopen her eyes once more. Everyday he prayed by her bedside, and hoped that she would wake. Never had he cried this much before. In the past, it was tiring to even shed a tear. He had harden way too much since he took on this role as the leader. It felt strange to him. But in the same time, a thousand weights lifted off of him.

He stiffened when the bedsheets began to stir, followed by a bit of groaning. Tion looked up, through the blurry tears in his eyes and, after a few blinks, looked at the half-opened eyes of Anila. She finally woke. Her tail stroked against his cheeks, wiping a few trickles of his tears. Tion gently reached for the tail and cradled it in his claw. He took a breath to speak, but she beat him to it, telling him not to cry and that it never suited him.

Anila, he gasped, sitting back up straight with widened eyes. Wiping his eyes did not help, as his tears began to pour again. Was it sadness or happiness? Either way, he was relieved that she was alright. Thank the gods! I am sorry Anila. So... very sorry. It was my fault that I forced you to accept this. I- he stiffened when she brought her snout to his and brushed against him. On this contact, all his grief seemed to have disappeared and his mind focused on how soft her touch was. Smiling, Tion returned her nuzzle, lifting his claw slightly, almost reaching to hold her close, but seeing the ingrained marks on her neck from the necklace made him think otherwise.

She continued to tell him to cease his tears. Tion nodded. Not just the one nod he usually did. But a few. He turned away, wiping his eyes again until they turned red and inflamed. Craning his head up, he took a few breaths, and his tears finally stopped. After a few whimpering breaths, his voice stabilised, and he spoke after seemingly a long time. It... It was a long time... since I cried. I am sorry, Anila.

Tion held a saddened expression, stilling looking to the side. He hurt Anila. How could he bare to even look at her? Even if she was not a semigod, he still hurt one of his own because of his idiocy. He would accept any scolding she would throw at him.
Tion Xithyl
Tion Xithyl
SkyWing Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Anila Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:47 pm

Thinking she had initially done wrong to nuzzle the King, Anila was relieved when Tion returned it. Her heart jumped in her chest, butterflies rising in her stomach. It was incredibly unusual for her, when other dragons did that to her, she'd flick their nose and be on her way. But not with Tion. She was glad that she could somewhat hide it-but the blaring matching behind her didn't help. At all.

Anila didn't blame him at all for the tears. A small, tiny frown creased her face as he had blamed himself before she could even try to cut him off. She didn't blame him. Anila didn't blame him at all, she refused to. Admittedly, when the King had nodded several times, she had glanced across to her strapped wings, as they still ached from the breaks and the damage that she had done. However, for the life of her, she couldn't remember exactly what broke them. She remembered everything but the impact that snapped the two wings. Which was probably a good thing.

However, she was surprised that he actually struggled to stop. She half forced herself not to nuzzle and reassure the King though, she couldn't nuzzle him again. Silently, Anila listened to the reason why Tion had taken such a long time to stop.

"I.. Think you have been crying more so than you admit... I've never known or been the one to ever have seen you cry. But there's no reason to cry-you didn't lose your daughter... Don't cry over a dragon who did all this to themselves. It's not your fault..." Anila's mind was partially cloudy, and she placed her head back down as the act of even keeping it near Tion to try and nuzzle it was disrespectful and made her head spin. Her voice sounded harsh to her as it voice ached from disuse, almost as if it were incredibly shaky from the weeks that she hadn't used it. Her throat and mouth felt as dry as the sand, but she didn't worry about that now.

Confusion quickly formed in her mind... Wasn't this the King who demanded respect? The one who was a shell of everything he once was? Anila almost snarled at him, quickly covering her sudden hate towards him. She hated his lack of emotion, the lack of care, the lack of everything that a normal guard had. They had emotion, they cared, they enjoyed everything they did, they spent time showing off to hatchlings, they tried everything they could to make people's lives better and they tried so hard to make sure that everyone was protected.

But not Tion. He was none of that. She looked back up to him, frowning and partially shaking her head.

"I don't understand Tion... You never cry about anything, nor have you shown any emotion at all aside from anger and embarrassment. Why have you kept yourself locked away? Why have you just abandoned everything the guards use to love about you... What I loved about you... And you became a stoic figure. There's no reason to cry about some dragon getting hurt. I'm just a worthless tracker, there's no need to cry about something as lowly as a stupid tracker getting hurt.

Anila, realising that she did indeed just heavily scold the King for exactly what she hated about him, drew herself away from him. The infernal beeping of the monitor picked up as her fear struck home once again. Quickly, her tail was pulled from his paw to quickly try and level her weigh as Anila tried to get up onto her feet. Her legs ached, screaming in pain as stitches and repaired tissues were tested.

They succeeded until her far back paw tried to stabilise itself on the edge of the bed. Half her weight was being put on that, and she fell back down in a matter of seconds, half on, half off the bed and on the stoney floors. She hissed in pain, feeling stitches open up again. But she didn't care. Weird cords and drips were stuck in her skin, and for a few moments, she freaked at the site of them. So Tion couldn't stop her, Anila used her winds to try to push him off balance.

Her jaw snapped onto the cords wrapping around her and she tore them away. A slight alarm went off, spooking Anila as she jumped and hissed at it. She used the powers of wind to hold herself steady. But as healers and guardians suddenly threw the doors open, Anila yelped and partially glared at them. A snarl quickly came from her as they came in, shouting something about holding her down. Protect the King. Memories came flooding back, and her anger and fury overtook her care and concern that she actually had for Tion.

No one would be able to even go near the King as her winds balled up within her mind, her head drawing back into a nasty snarl. She released them, their powers slamming into the guards and healers, knocking them unconscious. The force would probably have made them forget this whole incident, and Anila ran. She just ran. She didn't care that her actions caused more stitches to be torn, Anila didn't care. Neither did she care if she was followed or not. After all, people would be after her head as she'd probably killed half a dozen people, insulted the King...

Anila was as good as dead.

Blood drops lead to the edge of the island, where Anila sat, her tail curled around herself. If anyone were to see, they would have thought the worst, but she was staring down into her reflection. She was deathly pale, her yellow and white scales in a worst state than Tions. Faint trials of blood came from the formerly grievous wounds, a small and faint glow of her healing winds covering her. Slowly,  they had healed her wounds, but it didn't stop her heart from breaking.

She wept bitterly, her paw slamming into the ground. She was gaunt, the necklaces damage was already done. With her wings bound, anyone could easily see the boney figure that was Anila. Anila knew that she would be considered anorexic due to her tiny frame, the lack of muscle and strength painfully obvious. Why did that stupid piece creator give her these powers... Anila was too weak to even fend for herself.

"Look at me... Im just a pathetic dragon... All that males coo over was just looks, none knew my personality underneath the cover... And the only one who did hates me, because of me, I've hurt them so badly... Not only that, but... I hurt him badly... And.. Now everyone knows the scrawny and malnourished dragon I am. Now I've got a damn scar from that infernal necklace... Not only that, but these damn powers have killed others and..." Anila quietly wept, reduced to mere sticks of hatred of herself and her failures. The constant, bitter failures of being unable to control these powers, the ones that caused her to hurt others...

Anila returned her gaze to the dark night sky, the sparkling stars reflecting around her in the lake and across the sky. "You have your wish father, mother. You left me to die, so that pack of wolves you lead to me would kill me as a child... The necklace..." She shook her head, remembering the scar destroying the only thing left that she held dear to her. Aside from that stupidly stubborn King, well... She hurt enough people, Anila didn't need to add more to that list.

Besides, he was weak, crying for some pathetic tracker was... Well, pathetic.
Anila
Anila

Female Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tion Xithyl Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:01 pm

He closed his eyes as he listened, still trying to hold back his tears. All this training he had to harden himself before taking the role of leadership slowly shattered. If his mentors were here now, they would have punished him. It pained him to even hold his own emotions and seal it away this long. This was like he was released from a cage after many years

Anila kept telling him not to cry, and then that was when her words became sharp enough to hurt. All those emotions he exerted, and all those he hid. It was not like him at all and he was taught to literally bury it deep in his mind until he became a true leader. Emotions were weaknesses. That was what he was taught. She seemed to be trying to feed that stoic mask he adorned for too long by calling herself worthless. Tion whipped his head towards her, voice raised and cracking, That is not true! I- He stooped when Anila was trying to get up. Tion moved towards her, about to tell her she needs to rest, only to be blown back across the room and his back struck against the wall.

While he was recovering, the machines started to blare and more dragons stormed in. By the time he could look up, the guards and nurses were blown everywhere and knocked against the walls of this room or behind the door. Tion groaned, forcing himself back up, then saw her ran out. The room was deathly quiet. The machines were on their side, their cords pulled out and were out of power. No one in here made a single noise. Tion quickly checked on the nearest healer, rolling them to their side. They were still breathing. Just out cold. Knowing they would be alright, Tion staggered his way out of the infirmary.

When the light of the sun met him, it was like an instant heal and he could walk and run without his body flaring again. ANILA! He cried out in the wind. But not a whisper cane back. He looked down, about to curse himself, until he saw spots of red. His eyes followed them, and noted they made a trail towards the edge of Sky Fortress.

His heart rose at what he anticipated would happen and he hurried, using his wings as they could help him get to her faster. He forced himself to fly faster, against the howling wind, telling himself to hurry. It was all his fault. He did not stand up against his own tutors. He accepted their ideals, accepted that enotions were only weaknesses for a leader. And now it not only hurt him. It hurt her as well.

After what was like an eternity, he met her at the edge. Here, the wind was at its fiercest, and beyond was the endless skies. Anila! Tion roared above the wind. Please hear me out. I never thought of you as a mere tracker. I never wanted to become this... well, this. He gestered at himself by half opening his wings. Please Anila. I am very sorry. Sorry for everything I have done. I wanted to be myself again. I thought... I thought what they said was true. That I was incapable to become a leader if I were like what I was. But now... I do not want you to bare this pain. This torment. I do not want to be like this anymore! Anila... back then... when I was a guard... when we met each other's eyes for the first time... there was something I wanted to say. Sonething from my heart, and not this farce of a mask! I... Tion took a deep breath, fighting back tears again. No. He should just let them out. He was... free. I love you. Anila.
Tion Xithyl
Tion Xithyl
SkyWing Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Anila Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:42 am

Anila's powers were beyond her own control, lashing and tearing earth from around her as she wept. She didn't ask for this, she didn't want this to happen. Anila didn't ask for the only dragon she ever cared about turn from a curious and intriguing dragon to one that showed nothing but displeasure. Anila had watched for years as his mentors changed him, drove him away from who he was. The curious, adorable, knowledge seeking Tion that all the guards enjoyed having around was slowly stripped of everything that made him unique. She had watched, powerless to stop him as she had been punished for trying to stop their 'training'. She had been flogged, her skin ripped from her frame. But Anila had tried to fight against it... But it was in vain. The dragon she had fought so hard for was gone.

The small crying bout that he had just made her bitter. Like it was mocking ect guard that use to know him.

Anila wept until her eyes were dry, reduced to sobs as the gales lashed violently around  her. They continued to tear apart the ground, slashing away at anything near her. She didn't want this. She didn't want any of this. What dragon would want the hell that was was shown by her powers lashing around her? How could they control such a thing...

She almost missed Tion when he spoke, calling out her name. Anila was extremely aware of her lashing gales as she turned to him. The very sight of him made her heart ache, the dragon who she longed for for countless days... A mere shell. Still, moved with compassion, Anila knew she couldn't let these powers hurt him. Not again. Pushing aside her own hatred with a great deal of effort, her shield slowly formed around him, in time to block a random lash from Anila's gales. She couldn't control them, having lost all ability to stabilise her inner turmoil.

Just as her dream predicted.

As he asked to let her hear him out, she lowered her head once. Her green winds dashed around Anila as he spoke, healing small cuts as she was hit by rocks and shards from her winds. Anila shook her head, returning her gaze to the water next to her. He babbled about his mentors, how they forced him to forget. Anila knew that, and obviously they didn't tell him of what she had done to try to stop them.

But his final three words shocked her. How could the emotionless King be subjected to that kind of deep emotion? He was stripped from that many years ago. Anila shook her head, looked back up towards him, fresh tears of either joy or heartbreak stung at her, but she didn't know what they were. Why had he waited all these months to tell her this? "Tion... I..." Anila's voice couldn't find itself after those two words, as the winds slashed down into the ledge that she stood at. The force caused it to crack, and Anila swiftly jumped off the broken edge. Realising she was much closer to him, she tried looking at things in a different light.

If Tion didn't care, then why did he spend so long by her bed, crying as she couldn't wake for so long... Why didn't he cast her away from him the moment she barged into his throne room... Why didn't he spend the time to polish his scales and actually eat properly... Suddenly, as Anila continued to think of the events that transpired, she felt incredibly small and guilty. At her guilt, the violent winds slowly quelled.

Without a second thought, Anila ran over to him, her muzzle gently nuzzling his as she licked him, tears dripping down her face. "I love you, Tion." Anila murmured, the winds dying down as she nuzzled him, tears of joy easily visible on her gaunt face. "I've waited for years to tell you that... But.. I thought I had lost you since your mentors forbid me from seeing you...

The next time I did... You were gone-you were an emotionless statue... and... That's why I had started showing off in the first place! I just wanted to try and catch your attention again, but... Instead everyone else fell for it. I didn't want them Tion, I wanted you... Since we met, all I have wanted was for you to return the feelings I had for you... If I had known, those stupid teachers of yours wouldn't have stopped me from seeing you. I love you, Tion... Is there any way you can ever forgive me for hurting you so much, for saying what I did...?"
Anila
Anila

Female Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tion Xithyl Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:04 am

Despite the calm evening, the gale was as strong as a brewing storm. No doubt it was the powers of the semigod, but knowing what she was going through right now, he had to get used to this. After expressing his affection for her, there was a lengthy pause. Like he had said something very bad. A pit sunk at the bottom of his stomach as he waited for the somewhat surprised Anila to respond to him. It was clear that she had been crying, the glitter of her tears adding to the beauty of the glowing sapphires of her eyes. It almost enticed him but the situation did not need to call for that right now. He almost missed that Anila had placed a wind shield around, which he noticed when he thought the gust strangely died around his scales. She was protecting him again. Despite all that he did to her.

Bits of rocks and debris flew everywhere, some of them scarring her scales. But in the same time, Tion could see she had conjured the familiar green energy, flowing with the same wind and brushing away her wounds. He did not see all of this before. So much emotion emitting from her, but he was well familiar with them. Since his time as a guard. Naturally, he would have responded to those emotions. But ever since he became leader, he had become blind to them. Tion wanted to start over, from the time before he became leader.

Before he could ponder anymore, his ears perked to the cliff edge cracking. He took a large step forward, but Anila had already known and jumped forward from it. The two were now very close together. Tion at first stiffened. Then he started to blush a bit. Silence between them swept, but he could not find any words to say to her. He could have said anything anyways, as Anila ran up to him and placed her snout against his, nuzzling him. Tion welcomed her nuzzle with his, and he curled his neck around hers, holding her close as he listened.

What she said then meant almost a whole life to him. He did not even need to acknowledge what his tutors taught him as true. It was painful and discomforting to play the part of a stoic leader. It was not him. Yet he was fed with lies that no one found him reliable if he was as he was before. Tion shed more tears as she announced her affection for him as well. You do not have to pretend anymore. I want you too, from the very beginning. And yes, I forgive you, Anila. They are just a slap to the snout for me to wake up. I am so happy that you did it. The gale slowly died for real this time, and Tion then truly know that Anila’s emotions are at peace. He returned her embrace, as if not wishing to part away after so long, but he made sure Anila could when she feels like it.
Tion Xithyl
Tion Xithyl
SkyWing Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Anila Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:59 am

Anila, for a few moments in her rather horrendous life, didn’t care that Tion would be able to feel every bone in her body as she quickly decided on something. Quickly, Anila would raise her paws. Using them, she wrapped her arms around his neck, and rested her head against the side of his muscular frame. Silent tears and weeping coursed through her body. As the winds died down, Anila was grateful that they would somewhat leave her alone for a few moments... “I’m.. So sorry that it took me so long to try and reach you again... I didn’t think I’d ever be able to get through what your mentors had done to you.”

She shook her head, the memories of her past events coming back to her mind in a sudden torrent of guilt. Anila had murdered people. Unknowingly, she slowly balled her paws into tight fists, hating herself for what she had done. Her claws, even though they were sharp and long from disuse, barely would damage or even scratch Tion’s hide as her strength was extremely lacking. She had been hiding it for some time from the King, from everyone, but Anila felt no reason to hide it anymore. “I-I can’t go back there though Tion... I ... I killed them...” Anila mumbled, fresh tears of self-hate springing to her eyes. Slowly, the winds began to pick up again, however, Anila was blind to them as she buried her rather thin muzzle into him. “I’m so sorry...” She mumbled into his scales.

Anila was silent for a few moments, before she looked up to him, slowly drawing away from his embrace. The second she did though, she wanted to step back and hold him in her paws once again. Fighting the urge to do so, Anila looked over the edge of the palace islands ground. “C-come with me, I want to show you where I have lived... since I was a hatchling.” Anila said, unfurling her two uninjured wings.

She then took two steps backwards and leapt off the side of the island. With clever use of self-hate, she managed to manipulate her gales to keep her glide steady. If Tion decided to follow her, she would encourage him forward. To her, his speed was painfully slow so she used the aid of the gales to speed him up. This way, he was able to stay at a speed somewhat close to hers, but not so fast that he would be knocked out from it.

It didn't take them long at all compared to the first time Tion had travelled there, but she took him only a few miles east of where they had practiced, which ended badly, before she landed at a rather old and murky lake. Behind it, a small waterfall dripped into the far corner of the lake. Anila purred, making her way to a small crack near the waterfall which was half underwater. “I’ve... been here for as long as I can remember. I found my necklaces by that tree there.” She indicated with her paw to a rather old oak, which has died from old age.

However, she chose not to lead him to it. Instead, she took him to the crack in the wall. Leading him to it, Anila held her breath for a few seconds as she dove into the water, and then used her feeble strength to push and pull herself into the cave. The freezing water bit against her virtually non-insulated body and quickly jumped out and onto a rather muddy patch of ground within the cave. Shaking the water off her, and partially shivering, she walked to the top of the muddy ground where it began to firm and harden beneath her paws.

Across the walls were carved shelved, holding barely any materials or personal belongings. All it kept were a few books and a few rather weird and smooth stones. The ground was literally just a pile of mud, covered by nothing to keep her warm. Anila chuckled quietly, “It’s nothing... special... but it keeps me out of the wind and rain.” She said with a grin, tilting her head to the side as she walked forward a little, going to sit down on the dry floor.
Anila
Anila

Female Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tion Xithyl Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:41 am

He raised a paw and wrapped it around Anila's shoulder as she did the same with both, greeting her with his embrace. He would have used both legs but he needed something to hold the two up without falling. He thrummed as she pressed her boney cheek against his neck, and he felt her tears trickle down to his shoulders. Please do not cry, he said. They cannot change what I am. I was always here. He could feel the stings of her claws against his hide as he sensed something was making her tense. He would just hold her close to him, even if the winds had long calmed and the two were left alone to bask in the quiet.

Anila said something about not being able to go back as she pressed her snout to his. She thought she killed them, but Tion had already checked on the guards and nurses and realised they were just unconscious. Even so, his advisors would not be happy if they hear what had happened. It was not like before, where Tion could just ask for the guard's silence. Bit this was more than just the guards. By now, the infirmary would have reported this incident, and judgement would come down on Anila rather soon. Tion could just try and defend her, as well as demanding silence of media from reporting accusations. Then again, Tion wanted everything to calm down first. You did not kill anyone, he said. They are knocked out. But I will understand if you need your space from the fortress.

Anila then invited Tion to follow her, leading him to where she had lived. Tion blinked at first, not knowing why she insisted him to come, but nonetheless he chose to follow. Although two of her wings were broken, she was flying rather well with the last pair, even faster than he could have reached. She shot gales beneath Tion's wings, pushing him forward at faster speeds. The wind howled and whipped against his ears, but still he was able to balance himself and caught up with Anila.

She lead him near their previous battle, the memories were painful to both his stomach and his heart. There, Anila took him to a muddy waterfall that was reduced to trickles. Behind there was a crack, and then they had to dive into the water to swim up to a small cave. The water was freezing and very hard to see through, but with Anila close by, he could just follow her tail. Soon they surfaced, and Tion was met with a rather bleak sight.

The ground here was covered in dirt, with a dry mound deeper into the cave for anyone to rest in. It was lit up by tiny holes in the roof of the cave, which illuminated it a bit, but not as much as how Tion would like it. The walls were carved until they looked like inbuilt shelves. With curious eyes, Tion wandered from looking up to the holes to the dusty books and stones on the shelves. Blowing away the dust, he carefully opened one of them. It was filled with scribbles of words, probably when Anila was very young and learning. He placed them back before holding one of the stones in his claw. Sone of them had very smooth textures or rare from around these parts.

Tion just nodded his head. Not sure about keeping her out of the rain if some were to leak through those holes. But it amazed him that she was able to live through Winter's bites in here. It certainly has a very serene atmosphere and very difficult to find. Tion commented, looking around until he stopped at Anila resting on the dirt. He slowly walked up to her. But there is nothing here to keep one warm. I can provide you with some of our bearskin blankets, maybe build a firepit here. Then perhaps we can load these shelves with some of the books I have finished, or maybe a few puzzles from my collection? The floor will need to be at least of stone. The holes might need to be covered, at least in case of rain. I can also provide some illumiscent crystals to light the c- Tion cut himself off, blinking. Then he smiled. Sorry. Was rambling a bit there. But it is all up to you. The place is quite decent. He was starting to get a bit flustered with how he was acting. This was what the tutors wanted out of him forever. He rubbes one claw over his other foreleg nervously, looking to the side. I am... sorry about this. But... why did you choose not to live with us in the fortress?
Tion Xithyl
Tion Xithyl
SkyWing Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Anila Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:22 am

For the first time in a long time, Anila felt a little bit relaxed. She watched, her head slightly tilted to the side as Tion investigated the bound books. He had flicked through the pages carefully, taking note of some of her scribbled handwriting. It was true that the book he picked up was one where she really had tried to learn how to write by herself. However... it wasn’t until many years later that she was able to actually obtain the skill of a normal dragon in writing terms. He placed it back, then took up some of the stones and rocks that she had found. For a few moments, her body became tense as he looked at the stone. She was aware that he didn’t place it back down, but she trusted him not to steal it and slowly Anila relaxed again.

As if on cue, a few drops of water fell from the ceiling. Some pattered Anila on her wing, and she chuckled a little bit. “Alright, maybe not completely...” Anila giggled, using her tongue to lick the water away from her white feathers. She turned her attention back to Tion as he spoke.

After making his comment, Anila couldn’t help it as she laughed again, thinking that it was a rather unusual way to describe her tiny and freezing cold cave. Anila, further delving into the memories of growing up alone, took her eyes away from Tion as she looked to the ground. The book he had placed took her years to fill-and even at the end of it, the writing was still barely legible... A soft sound of movement came to her, and she turned a slightly saddened gaze back to him. But as he approached her again, she couldn’t help her smile to return to her face. Tion was rambling, something that warmed her heart. This was a rare site, as he never ever allowed himself to go on a tangent. The yellow dragon slowly made his way towards her, suggesting things that he would be able to add... Anila was so caught up in listening that she felt rather disappointed when he stopped speaking.

Sheepishly, and nervously, he had apologized. Swiftly, and before he had another chance to react, Anila pushed herself from the ground. She quickly stepped towards him, a small and loving purr coming from her as she nuzzled Tion’s neck, making sure to not harm him with her horns. She had seen him nervously rub his claws against his foreleg, most likely due to showing so many emotions that his tutors basically bet out of him... But Anila didn’t want him to feel as if he had done the wrong thing, and she raised her paws again to attempt to hug him, and would hold him gently, one paw across the front of his chest and the other around the back of his neck. "As much as I really like those ideas, Tion, I think it would be too hard to get everything you said back down here..." Anila said gently, holding him tighter for a few moments. She didn’t want to feel like she had lost him again to those mentors, and quickly finished what she was going to say.

"Thank you, Tion."

At he had asked though, she quickly slipped out from the hug, instead, moving so that she was able to stand next to him with her head partially resting against his neck. For a few moments, Anila let the question sink in as she contemplated this. She never thought that he would have asked, and was slightly unprepared on how to answer the handsome king. A few moments of silence passed as she thought, the only thing that she had contributed to breaking the quiet was the constant purr which came from her.

Quietly sighing, she closed her eyes as she rested against him. “I.. I couldn’t live there. The first one being that I wasn’t able to due to the order of your tutors. They hated how I tried to undermine their work, and thus... I was somewhat told not to live there.” She took a deep breath in, opening her eyes to look up at Tion again, “But... I also couldn’t afford it when I was younger. No one was willing to take me in, no one was willing to take care of a tiny hatchling, nor let a dragoness into their home who had nothing to offer aside from looks and speed.” She sighed quietly, her claws scratching at the ground as she thought about what had happened.

“I’ll admit, some rather... well, shady figures did try to coax me into their home, however... I refused that. But, all in all, I wasn’t allowed to live there in the palace or the grounds with everyone else. I was too old to live in the nursery as well... But too dumb to try and talk to anyone about it. But when I was older, I was just outright refused due to annoying your tutors, and I was told that I couldn’t live near you. That is why I am here-the only place which I know is home. I’m not lucky like you were.” Anila finished with a sigh, pulling away from Tion’s warmth.

However, before she could really pull too far away, Anila’s purr suddenly stopped as her mind was taken elsewhere. A pain came from her, stabbing her as her stomach badly cramped from not eating for those three weeks. The lack of energy, and from using so much energy to get to her home, caused her already weakened body to go into a partial overdrive. Anila winced painfully at the hunger cramps, unknowingly leaning against Tion as her legs strength failed for a few moments. She quietly groaned, her eyes tightly shutting as her mind tried to rid her of the sudden bout of pain and exhaustion.

The moment that she felt a second wind of strength return, Anila quickly tried to push herself off from Tion, a panic seizing her heart again. However, the winds didn’t return this time. “I-I’m sorry Tion... I just felt really weak...” Anila said quietly, nervously looking away and mimicking his motion earlier as her claws brushed against her foreleg. “I don’t know why, but since I was around ten years old, I would always get cramps in my stomach... and I just... I don’t know why and they have been getting worse as I have aged. I’m sorry if I have hurt you.” Anila whimpered, feeling extremely guilty as she raised her muzzle to gently nuzzle Tion's neck once again.
Anila
Anila

Female Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tion Xithyl Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:31 am

He remembered to place the stones back onto the shelf. Just as he finished asking Anila the question, she was back up on her feet and approached him again, nuzzling his neck as she graced him with her purr. She embraced him in another hug, and he returned it with one claw over her shoulder as well. True, he had all these ideas that he wanted to express. It seemed Anila liked all of them, but she was right that it would be very difficult to move any of those equipment past the waterfall. Some of them were not that waterproof as well. Still, at least she liked the ideas.

Then they parted their embrace again and a bit of chilly air bit into his neck. But Anila was still resting a bit on him. It was like he had asked a rather inappropriate question. How she reacted to it was enough of an indication for Tion to guess that she had legitimate reasons why she chose not to reside in the fortress. An awkward silence slipped in between the two. He thought about breaking it with something. Maybe tell her that he could help her find appropriate accommodation? The benefits of living safely behind their walls? He did not finish pondering when Anila spoke. It was those tutors again. If Tion had known they had a huge impact on her life, he would never have allowed them to lecture him at all and would probably have requested a different teacher. It did make him resent the tutors even more, and how it confirmed that they were just as insensitive as they were to Tion.

But that was far from being the only reason. Money. Accommodation in the fortress was not cheap, but there were decent places to live at affordable pricing. Tion tried to ensure he could give every Skywing warmth and shelter from the harsh weathers, especially if they were so high up here. When she gave him her history, he made a prediction that Anila was orphaned or abandoned at a young age if she said no one was willing to take her in. Oh if only those dragons knew what they were casting away. I am very sorry about all this, he said in a soft voice. It must have been very tough for you. And yet you braved through all the harshness of nature, to become what you are now. I am glad that I have met you, Anila.

He was about to bring her close in another hug until she pulled away in a sharp manner. She was doubling over, as if something struck her in the stomach, and leaned against Tion. The way she did it was not of admiration, but rather in a manner like she was about to tip over. Tion turned to her fully and held her carefully upright, pushing her a bit to sit down. Anila! Are you alright? She answered him quickly. Feeling weak? Then she explained further, telling him that she had it since a very young age. Getting stronger since she aged and it was coming from her stomach…

It could have been a stomach-ache, but now that she mentioned it, she was very skinny. Tion had felt her bony skin and a closer inspection told him that he could almost see the contours and protrusions of her bones. Was she ill? Or was she just not eating? Tion gave a curious hum. When was the last time you ate a decent meal, and what did you eat?
Tion Xithyl
Tion Xithyl
SkyWing Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Anila Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:07 pm

Anila felt his paws against her, gently pushing her down as if to force her to rest. She didn't even try to walk anywhere firmer, her legs slowly aching as she laid down, bringing her tail to lay next to her. Anila hissed to herself, noticing the biting cold in the cave again, especially with the cold ground underneath her. So she stood up again and moved to sit next to Tion and would nuzzle his wing over her for a tiny amount of warmth.

However, at his question, Anila felt incredibly guilty for a few moments. She couldn't give him an exact date, not knowing what he would classify as a decent meal... Would it be since she last ate? Or when she last felt 'full', as other dragons had said it was. Anila didn't know. Absentmindedly, she used a claw to somewhat scratch the faint scar of where the necklace use to be, before putting that paw back onto the ground with a small sigh.

She used a claw to scratch at the ground as she looked at the dirt being pulled away, trying to figure out what Tion had meant... Anila was, despite her natural intelligence, stumped. She had no idea what Tion had meant, but she would feel foolish if she asked him for further clarification. Anila eventually decided to just tell him what she last ate, and the last time she could remember having that funny feeling of being 'full' as he had implied by the decent meal.

"I'll be honest with you Tion, it has been many, many years since I have actually had a.. a decent meal.. that I actually felt full from. The last time I ate was before we had that fight-that ended... not so well." Anila quietly spoke, nuzzling against his neck gently as if she was seeking comfort before she continued with the truth, "When the necklace first started to choke me when I ate food which was too large, it took me much longer to eat as I had to make sure it was small enough to get past the necklace... However, living so far away and having normal duties proved to be a problem. I ended up having barely any sleep, but I was eating the amount I normally use to have. However, that... wasn't something that I could keep up." Anila sighed quietly, shaking her head slowly.

"Over the past few decades, I had to swap my food for my sleep as I was almost falling asleep while doing my duties-and the lore states... some rather severe consequences for doing that... So I had to swap it. That's when my stomach started cramping in the first place. But I could always deal with it, every day I'd get home, have half an hour or so to eat before I would sleep... then get up early for the next day. But... the cramps never have been this bad before." Anila coiled her tail around tighter, fighting off a second cramp as it assaulted her, "So I don't know what's going on or what happening... mind you, I never use to have... my ribs... actually partially showing." Anila felt tears sting her eyes, but she refused to let them show, instead, just burying her head into Tion's shoulder as she silently cried.

"I'm dying, aren't I?"
Anila
Anila

Female Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tion Xithyl Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:39 am

It was a simple question but there was a lot of things he could see in her expression that was concerning. At that moment he knew she was perhaps not eating right. It would explain her boney complexion. He welcomed her to his embrace when she leaned her head to his neck. Never did he thought that it was rather difficult for her to explain. But then she finally answered that her last meal, where she felt full, was many years ago.

Tion stiffened at those words. Anila went on to explain about how the necklace was preventing her from eating large meals, as well as the distance she needed to travel to get to Sky Fortress. This area was definitely quite far, and he had no idea that they were fighting very close to ger own home. At least they got rid of the necklace, but it left a scar on her neck that would take a while to heal. And Tion predicted the same for her being able to eat a decent sized portion.

But the greatest shock came when she asked him if she was dying. Tion held her close under his wing. Do not say such things. You can and will recover. You just need to start eating a bit more than you usually do. He then looked around the cave. No matter how he would try and change it, they were still far from herds of elk. Please live with us in Sky Fortress. There is bound to be an affordable den for you. This is too far from us, and you have to sacrifice your time to eat to get there. It is no good for you. Let me talk with the councillors, explain what has happened. I am sure they will pardon you. No one got hurt after all. Tion wrapped his neck over hers. Please. I do not want to lose you. Not when we could be together.

Then he thought of something. Anila. Let me go hunt for you now. You need to start eating, or you... Tion stopped there, knowing what he was going to say would be very pessimistic of him. He turned his head to the side, the thoughts of her being a semigod forgotten for a long while. Just half an elk. We will start from there. Then we could-

"Tion!" A voice yelled from above. As he looked up, the sound of claws stomping on the roof echoed over the room, sending bits of rock to rain on the dirt ground below. "Tion!"
Tion Xithyl
Tion Xithyl
SkyWing Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Anila Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:49 pm

Anila felt Tion's wing pull her closer and over her tears, she heard him speak. His words were kind and gentle to try and reassure the horrified SkyWing. However, a the very thought of having to eat more than she normally did made her worry. It was silly thoughts, ones about her own looks... Eventually she had reasoned with herself that anything would be better than the skin and bone figure that she had currently. She nuzzled

At his request, Anila felt fear grip in her heart. "But I haven't been able to afford there in the past, why would I suddenly be able to live there? Especially considering everything that I had done..." Anila let out a small sigh, before she reached up and licked his cheek gently. "I trust you, just as much as I have loved you... If someone is able to make them understand what this is like for me, it would be you. After all, they do have to listen to their king."

Anila knew what he was going to say, and she nodded slowly with a sad smile on her face. But before he was able to finish his sentence, a voice above them sounded, heavy paws hitting the ground. Dirt and small rocks fell from the ceiling and she hid under Tion's wing, not even thinking about trying to shield him for once. The rocks weren't small, but they weren't large enough to hurt him if they did hit. The voice called out for Tion and Anila sighed quietly. "I... I probably shouldn't have asked you to follow me, this is going to look horribly bad in their eyes.." Anila said quietly before she pulled away from him. Her heart felt heavy in her chest, but she couldn't let them question their king...

"Whatever happens, thank you for coming back to me." Anila quietly said, stealing a kiss from him before she turned away and diving back into the water. She barely had time to resurface and scramble out of the water before giant purple claws hit her between her wings, throwing her into the ground. Anila hissed in pain, her heart hammering in her chest when she felt the claws the dig in. Painfully, she shrieked when he lifted her into the air. She screamed as the claws dug into her and she half kicked back and trying to feebly bite the dragon holding her. But it was of no use as she felt a second incredibly powerful jaw grab her neck.

Instantly, she froze, all movements stopping as her heart pounded and back bled. At the lack of movements, the dragon quickly replaced his jaw for a paw to restrain her from moving. Anila whimpered quietly, her tail curling underneath her in fear.  

"Do you really think that you can get away with what you did, Anila?" Thorin snarled, tightening his grip around her neck. It was strange to him, she was almost weightless and boney compared to other dragons. However, he didn't care too much as another dragon came over, growling at Anila as they bound her paws in chains. At the addition of the chains, Anila had the guts to partially snarl back at Thorin, but was careful not to let her emotions rage. "It wasn't my fault!" Anila tried to explain, before he snorted, "Sure, just like it wasn't your fault that Tion disappeared shortly after you came to. Not your fault at all. You've probably gotten him chained somewhere don't you?" He growled, before glancing to the guard on top of the cave.

"I knew that you were more than just a show-off freak when we first met, wurm. Guards! Check in that crack where she seemed to come out of, she may have kidnapped Tion and taken him there. Find the King, I'll take this creature back to the palace and throw her in the dungeon like she deserves." Thorin ordered, and quite quickly, a guard began to approach the area.

In a meantime, Thorin growled and put Anila back down, who was incredibly stressed by the amount of extra weight the chains had. She was only able to hold for a few moments before her front legs collapsed under her. Thorin showed her no mercy, using his maw to bite into her and yank her back up to her feet. Anila felt his teeth pierce her scales and she whined bitterly, before he snorted at her. "Stay upright you stupid and filthy excuse for a dragon." He snarled, a threatening snarl on his maw. Anila, forcing her legs not to shake, stayed upright, fighting the tears that welled in her eyes.

"Before the week is over, you will be trialed. Mind you I have a good incentive to kill you now." Thorin growled, throwing a paw back in the direction of the palace to indicate where he wanted her to go. Anila looked fearfully to the sky, shaking her head. Before she was able to even respond, Thorin took out a secondary chain from the somewhat of a bag slung across his shoulder. He took this chain and clamped it to the one around her neck. "Fly or die. I don't care which one you choose." He growled, before opening his mighty wings to lead her back to the palace.

Anila felt the chain quickly lose tension and she feebly opened her two unbroken wings, barely able to keep herself in the air. Let alone fly. But she convinced herself that she deserved this every time that the chain tightened and yanked her forward. Her mind struggled to process what just happened, from going from a state of peace... To one of fear and pain, the feeling almost sealing her powers away. However, she would manage to use her winds to just keep her afloat through the air as the chain would drag her.

Anila wasn't able to keep the winds up to par, and faltered, almost dropping into a dive. Angrilly, Thorin tore the chains back against Anila, pulling her to him. His hind legs then grabbed her scrawny form-similar to that of taking a carcess. "Useless wreck, no wonder there has been male dragon that has done something so foolish as to fall for you!" Thorin spat, digging his claws into her side as she yelped in pain.

"I-I didn't mean to hurt them, I'm being honest, please can we rest on the clo-" Anila began, but she was cut off with her own scream as the claws painfully dug into her. Thorin growled at her, snarling viciously, "You're as weak as a child, wurm. Do me a favor and shut up. It would make my task much more pleasant - especially considering I need to drag your worthless hide back to the palace!" Thorin roared, "Or maybe I should just drop you aye?!" He threatened, snapping at Anila.

Wisely, the weak SkyWing didn't react... She convinced herself that this was exactly what she deserved. Her mind kept wandering back to Tion, worried that he was in trouble from the guards as well... But she also prayed that he would be able to reason with these lunatics and get them not to kill her with their final judgement.
Anila
Anila

Female Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tion Xithyl Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:03 am

His heart rose to his throat as he knew the Skywing guards were here. One of the many voices was Thorin. He recognised that voice almost too well, a guardian trying to win favours from the king that he considered it creepy. But what could they do now? Very soon they would find them in here, and they would surely capture Anila. She expressed her regret for bringing Tion here, but Tion just shook his head. Anila, I willingly went with you. This is not your fault. His words perhaps cane on deaf ears when she thanked him, then leaned her snout forward to plant her kiss against him. Then she dove into the water. Anila! Wait! He tried to jump after her. They could have came out of the cave together to show they were alright. Tion could have thought of ways to defend her. But it seemed her newfound powers really did cause enough trouble for the two of them.

When he was about to dive, he saw a glistening silhouette rippling behind the murky waters. Anila? An-! The dragon jumped out, a low cough and splatter echoing across the cave as Tion stared back at one of his guard's snout.

"King Tion!" The guard gasped, his armour clanking against one another as he offered a quick bow. "Thank the gods you are alright. Fear not, we have apprehended the culprit Anila."

Tion stiffened, his eyeridges furrowing in confusion. Culprit? No! There has to be some misunderstanding.

"Sire?" The guard responded, then gave a quick glance around the place. Tion could see the sneer and slight gawking in his snout. "They say you were captured by Anila, shortly after she attacked the healers and your escorts in the infirmary. We have a warrant from the council to arrest her so she could stand trial for-"

She did nothing wrong, Tion snapped. By the order of the king, I demand her to be released. The guard froze, eyes widened a bit behind his helmet. After a brief pause, he finally nodded and guided Tion out of the cave. But when they resurfaced, they were back at the empty waterfall. Tion looked around. The trees. The skies. The lake. There was no one. He snarled between his fangs. Where is she?

"T-Thorin took her back to Sky Fortress. She is to stand trial within a week. My orders is to get you out of here and take you back to the fortress as well. You may be the king, but they are the council. They can overrule your decisions."

I... Tion was lost for words. He leaned his head against a nearby tree. Anila. She did not deserve any of this. If only they could have known her fate to be a semigod much sooner. Semigod. He could tell the judges she was their semigod. It would explain her 'attack' as her inexperience to control her powers.

"Is there anything I can do for you before we go?"

Tion took deep breaths, the serenity of the waterfall filling his ears. It was not all lost. How could he blame Thorin for this? He was just following protocol and taking orders. No one died in the infirmary. That should help her case a lot more. He promised to take care of her. Oh the irony that he could not protect her from their own kin. Let me see her. Make sure no harm comes to her.

"Yes sire."
Tion Xithyl
Tion Xithyl
SkyWing Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Anila Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:37 am

As soon as Thorin came to the palace, he threw Anila's form onto the floor as he landed gracefully next to her. The larger SkyWing snarled at her bleeding and cowering form. He snarled at Anila, who winced from the sound. Turning to the approaching guards, he commanded them to take her to the palace dungeons. Taking her chains, they half dragged half lead her to the dungeons as her form could barely keep up with them. They snarled insults, cursing her as she was dragged through the public to the dungeons, for all to see.

She heard whispers, snarls and saw looks of disgust as she went by. A mother said to their child, "This is why you never show off, it'll always end in pain.

A guard said to his companion, "Seems as if her looks can't get her out of this one."

A friend to a friend, "Good thing they stopped her when they did. Anila really was up to no good after all." The smaller friend nodded, looking up to them and saying; "Ney, she wasn't. Have you heard that she even kidnapped the King!"

Anila's heart stopped in her chest, all her emotions of fear and hurt escaped her at these harsh words. She didn't ask for this to happen. She meant for none of this. But it seemed as if fate had finally had enough of her. Sparing her of more humiliation, the guards took her on a more private route to the dungeons.

But the damage was done.

Anila was forced into one of their smaller cells, and her chains were removed. She didn't fight back as they attached a small electrical bracelet to her paw. As the guards left the cell, they flicked a small switch that activated he bracelet. She knew how they worked. If she tried to escape from the cell, it would create an electrical current through her and give her a nasty electrical zap.

Anila went to the back of the cell, turning herself away from the door to stare at the floor in the darkest corner of her cell. The only thing that gave her away was the white and yellow scales, which were stained. Idly, Anila raised her paw to scratch the dried blood away. She was too miserable to even do anything, all emotion she had previously cast away like a pebble in water. She ignored the pile of hay in the other corner and ignored whatever else was thrown carelessly into her cell.

Anila just didn't care.

Anila slowly raised her paw, looking at her new bracelet as she sighed rather quietly. Anila shook her gaunt head before forcefully hitting it against the steel bars, her bright eyes dull as she sat there, her wings just hanging loosely from her side as they rested on the ground. Her mind wandered, thinking of every stupid thing that she had done. They all had seen her battered form, thinking that she deserved every bit of it. They had torn her heart away from her, stabbed what few things she held above everything else and threw them away. Her soul was tormented by the emotions coursing through her, but also the lack of emotions that she felt. Anila briefly dwelt on the King, but she was sure he wouldn't be able to accept her anymore for how his people saw her.

Anila was so wrapped up in her thoughts that she didn't even notice the new drops of blood dripping from her face.
Anila
Anila

Female Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tion Xithyl Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:40 am

If there was anything he wanted to improve within the palace island, it was the conditions of the dungeon. It was not as large as anyone would expect, partly because of the lack of criminal activity around Sky Fortress. Even if criminals were caught, they were taken to prisons throughout the island. The palace dungeon was reserved for the most dangerous or those who committed an offence that involved those of the high ranks, including the king. A lot of those who were behind bars here were executed two weeks later. Mounting dread came upon him at that thought, which pushed him to climb down the stairs faster. Behind him were two guards.

The cells here were dark, as well as damp. As he somewhat expected, there were hardly anyone here enclosed within the rotting stones. Tion was not up to date with these sort of affairs, as the council believed he had better priorities than to see those who were trying to impede his progress. It was his first time within this dungeon since he became king. He was here before when he was a guard stationed to monitor a dangerous dragon until his execution. It was great that he saw that nothing changed since.

Very soon he found another two guards, standing outside one of the cells deeper down. The hallway was lit only by a few hanging blue crystals, with some of them burned out and in need for changing. After a formal salute from the guards, Tion requested to see Anila. Without a second thought, they gave a nod before one of them turned and unlocked the cell, pulling the sliding doors to allow him in. Tion stepped inside before the guards slammed the barred doors behind him.

Anila, Tion said, almost in relief as he unfurled his wings, a way for him to welcome her to an embrace. She may choose to accept the hug, or she could just remaim firmly where she was. Tion would understand why, considering all the things she had been through and labelled a criminal. He heard all the things the citizens said about her as he made his way here, but chose not to talk about it. At least she was alright. But… she was bleeding? Furrowing his eyeridges, Tion gave a careful inspection of her wounds. She could have just healed it on her own, but he presumed her current emotions were preventing her from doing that. By the gods… who did this to you?

He looked down with his eyes closed. I am sorry Anila, you did not deserve any of this. But trust me, I will do everything in my power to get you out of here. I will come visit everyday, bring you some good food and blankets. And- He was rambling again. Tion huffed a sigh. I will defend you. Let them know you are their semigod and everything.
Tion Xithyl
Tion Xithyl
SkyWing Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Anila Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:11 am

Anila heard the faint clicking of claws grow louder as they descended into the murky and cold dungeon. As she growled quietly to herself, the SkyWing removed herself from the cold iron bars. Slinking further away, the dragon hunkered down quite low to the grounded, listening intently as the sounds slowly grew louder. She didn’t really expect noises down here just yet as the sun was only just beginning to set. But Anila was brought there at sundown.

Someone requested to see her, but after being here for seemingly forever,  Anila shook her head and curled into a small ball in the back and darkest corner, hoping to be missed by them. Hoping that she wasn’t being taken away already... Not for her fate that she had already accepted so shortly after she was thrown into the cell. Her heart faltered as the door clunked, unlocking the iron as it was opened. Anila quickly closed her eyes as she quickly laid down on the freezing cold floor, pretending to be asleep as she hoped that her judges would have the pity to let her rest before her trial. She heard footsteps enter the cell, and her heart sank. It sank faster than a sinking ship.

The last thing she expected was for a voice to softly call out to her as the door shut behind them.

Her brightly coloured eyes snapped open as she raised her head. Slowly, as Anila watched him as he walked into the cell, she stood up. Nervously looking to the outside of the cell, Anila went towards the King slowly. As he unfurled his wings, she took a very quick step forward and almost leaped into his offer. She curled her small neck around him, her unbroken wing curling around his back as well. Anila could almost sense him looking at the gashes, teeth marks and bloodied back. She was well aware that she could have healed them, but Anila refused to let those emotions surface. The dragoness couldn’t allow her powers to hurt anyone again. As he asked, Anila nuzzled his shoulder and shook her head slightly. “It doesn’t matter who did it. I deserved it...” Anila murmured quietly, her tone accepting the pain of her actions. “However, seeming you asked... Thorin was the one who took me back to the palace and threw me to the grounds for the other guards to imprison me.”

Strangely, Anila didn’t feel sympathy as he slowly began to ramble, neither did she feel any adoration to him with the same little habit that he had. Anila felt somewhat awkward, not knowing what to say or do as she held him tightly. There was a first time for everything. But as he finished, Anila licked him before letting his muscular form go. “Tion, whatever they decide, whatever happens... I deserve it.” Anila said quietly, casting her emotionless gaze towards the ground. “Do not worry about food nor blankets, treat me like any other filthy wurm that is thrown into this dungeon like trash.” Her voice was toneless, lifeless, her tail dragging across the ground as she shook her head.

“I deserve whatever they give me and whatever they decide I will accept it.”
She stated, sighing quietly, “I don’t think that even you can change their mind, King or not, they are not known for their mercy.”

Anila moved away from Tion, dragging her tail across the ground as she moved across the stony prison. Curling her claws around a piece of straw, Anila lifted it up as she investigated it. “I don’t deserve anything else than a fair judgment. If that means I stay here and die from the cold before they decide my fate, or if I am found guilty for harming them unintentionally, then so be it. You do not need to bother trying to defend me, my King. I was the one who had done this, not you, not anyone else. I have done this to myself.” She sighed, shaking her head slowly as she looked to the ceiling, “I shouldn’t have told you about my feelings for you. I’ve just hurt you more because of all of this...”

Anila sighed, casting the straw away as she looked up at him, her eyes refusing to shine in their joy as she looked to him, the only dragon who she had ever loved. “It’s my fault for all of this and I should have never have approached you for this problem from the start. I did not need to drag you into all of this mess. I deserve all of this - I am sorry my King.”  
Anila
Anila

Female Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tion Xithyl Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:58 pm

He listened to her pitying herself again. If he had to be honest, a lot of it was half-ignored because he did not want to hear what she was saying. She needed more experience with her newfound abilities, but he did not know how much this had affected her. At least there was no intention of harm. Still, with his head slightly tilted, he listened to what she had to say.

She told him that it was Thorin that arrested and threw her into this murky old dungeon, but with such force and battery that he would have to keep a reminder to give him a stern word. Tion walked up to the pile of hay that was meant to be a bed and he pressed his claw into it. The prickly ends stung his soles in a way worse than getting bitten by insects during a sleep. Another end was a small funneling drain, perhaps where prisoners discard their waste. He dared not to get closer. Tion would have considered that a prison was better than where she was staying, but it was not even sanitary. Then again, he was expecting too much from previous prisoners that he was guarding, who liked to wail and bellow loud noises, harrassing or annoying the guards and even tossing their manure onto their backs.

Anila. Why would I? Tion asked when she told him to treat her like a wurm. You meant no harm. It was only your abilities doing this. You deserve none of this. No, he placed a claw on her shoulder, You will get what you deserve. Freedom. And you will get a fair judgement. No matter what you say, I am going to get you out of here. Tion looked around the cell again. Not even a third look could help him get used to such surroundings. He huffed a sigh, thinking about what he could do for Anila once she was out. She could not go back to her original home. It was too far and draining to her health. He could find her some place in Sky Fortress to stay. A decent home at least. Or maybe she could-

"My king?"

Tion turned his head slightly to the guard behind him.

"Visiting hours is over. Would you like me to request for-"

No, Tion said quickly. His expression crumpled up, wishing to stay here longer with Anila. But he knew this would cause too much attention, especially to his former mentors. Tion looked up to Anila again, his eyes stingimg as tears trickled from them. Then he held Anila in another hug, a bit tighter but not too much for her bony physiques. I am sorry, Anila. Sorry that you have to endure this. I will see you everyday until the trial.

The doors behind him clanged as the guard pushed the cell door open, and Tion was guided out before the guard locked it again. Then his escorts led him down the hallway to the exit. When they were far enough, one curious guard paced up close to Tion. "Are you really that fond with her? She kidnapped you. And-"

Cha'Shau, I will advise you not to hear whispers from the wind. They cam be filled with lies. Tion said with the prideful voice as he took upon the 'mask' again. Then he made his way to the dungeon master, an old dragon looking through scroll after scroll, and cleared his throat. I would like to request some things for prisoner 20. She has... very special requirements...

The dungeon master listened in to what Tion had to say. His eyeridges furrowed at all the decent comfort he was for a law breaker, but under his request, he accepted it and made the proposals...
Tion Xithyl
Tion Xithyl
SkyWing Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Anila Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:32 am

Anila was initially surprised by the hug that Tion had randomly given her, but his kind words fell on deaf ears as she locked herself away from him. But at he held her tighter than normal, she looked up at him, a slight look of puzzlement in her eyes. Before he could even leave her though, she gently licked the side of his muzzle and whispered; “Do whatever you think is right-I won’t be leaving here for a while...” Anila gave him a partial grin, before she turned and let him go. She wandered over to the pile of hay, watching him go before she curled up and tried to sleep on the cold floor. The damp stone blocks and naturally chilly air bit at her thin hide.

It was a rough few hours when she had tried to sleep on the pile of hay... However, Tion’s first gift arrived halfway through the night as her cell door opened.

Originally, she had thought that they had come to kill her and had risen to accept her fate. But instead, two incredibly thick fur blankets were left on the floor just on the inside of her cell. Anila slowly wandered over to them, thinking that it was some sort of joke. But as she picked the blanket up with her muzzle, she realised that they were the genuine thing. Tears stung her eyes as she dragged the blankets across and over her during the night, the unfamiliar warmth trapped beneath the thick skins. She slept soundly through the rest of the night and for the first time in her life, she had a sleep which wasn’t interrupted by the bitter cold.

Anila was forced to be awake later that morning, but was equally surprised that she had slept in and the sun was already streaming through the barred window of her cell. However, as soon as she had stirred, she was given the food which Tion also had requested for her to have. The guards had originally seemed a bit confused due to smaller amount of food that she was given, but when they had left, Anila took it to her bed of hay and blankies and slowly chewed at the meat. A small turmoil broke within her as she didn’t know how to feel. She was torn between thankfulness towards Tion and a worry that she was going to choke on the food. Her worry turned out to be no reason to be afraid as she was able to eat without a problem.

True to his word, Tion had managed to visit her daily, but the fear of the trial and going against the council weighed heavily on her mind as she seemed to be constantly distracted by it. Every time, Tion would leave with the same expression on his face. It was clear to her that he didn’t want to go, clear that he wanted to stay with her. But his duties always required him to leave.

Every time, Anila wanted to ask him to stay, for him not to leave her alone in the isolated prison... But if she had, she feared that he would never leave her side.

Time went by quicker than Anila had anticipated in the rather lonely and disgusting cell, and the end of the week drew closer much faster than what she had predicted. She was first aware of it by the faint clicking of the guards feet, before her cell door was opened. The first thing they did was remove her bracelet, and she knew that it was judgement day. One of the three guards who had come down to take her away scooped up the thick fur blankets. The other two beckoned her forward, instructing her to follow them.

Fear drove into her heart, and the still injured SkyWing slowly followed them. Her legs were trembling in fear as she forced herself to keep following the guards. Her form hunkered low to the ground, her tail almost between her legs like a frightened puppy. The guards took her back through the streets surrounding the palace, having to go through them before being able to get back to more private hallways. Anila was surprised that this time there was no one around to watch her. They are probably waiting at the courtroom... Anila thought to herself, her head turning back to look more towards the path that they were taking.

Had she been paying attention, Anila should have recognised the grand halls, the increased amount of guards who were hovering around seemingly every bend. The two took Anila to two great doors, one which was already opened as it had been used previously that day. They waited at the doors, gesturing for Anila to go in. Here’s judgement day then... Anila thought bitterly to herself and, with a nervous step, pushed her way through the narrow doors.

It couldn’t have been more different to the courtroom that Anila was remembering.

Bookshelves and shelfing lined the walls and floors of the room, books scattered across in every shelf. Occasionally there were sections containing old scrolls, written with writing that Anila wouldn’t have been able to decipher if she had tried. The scrolls and books were so numerous that even the smooth stone floors had their space stolen by them, having fallen off shelves a long time ago and their place taken by ancient looking artefacts. Anila frowned, her form stiffening as she cast her gaze around the room. It was old, cobwebs were hanging from the corners, and everything seemed to have a small layer of dust on it.

All but one main section where there were many gadgets scattered across the giant table, surrounded by an assortment of chairs. Anila’s frown deepened. Surely she had come to the wrong part of the building, surely she was taken to the wrong place... She trembled as she slowly went to take a step back and reverse her actions, going to tell the guards that they had the place wrong. However Anila stopped herself as her eyes caught a brief movement and a rather bulky dragon decided to show themselves.

She sighed to herself but spoke up in confusion, “T... Tion? What’s going on... the guards took me here... but I thought that today was the day that the trial was meant to take place...” Anila asked, her form still unsure as she kept low to the cold ground, her gaunt form not so skinny anymore as she looked at him nervously from her place a few feet in front of the door.
Anila
Anila

Female Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tion Xithyl Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:45 pm

Since the first visit, he saw to it that Anila was treated much more appropriately within her cell. It did gave rise to suspicion among the guards, and unbeknownst to him, it had reached the ears of many others. A king, kidnapped, suddenly treating his kidnapper with kindness that she never showed. Some of the citizens praised his efforts for being able to show such kindness even towards enemies. Others thought it was some sort of Stockholm Syndrome and that he had fallen for her charms. However he was approached, it did not phase him from committing himself to those promises he made to Anila.

A few days after Anila's capture, the council insisted that Tion form a speech to the public. The purpose of this could be many, either to raise his prestige as the king who had endured danger, or to explain his actions. He knew his tutors would be there and would not be happy with whatever he had to say. Their anger overshadowed the cheers and applause of the public and speared into his heart. Hard. Tion did make a speech and, standing on the podium, delivered something that no one really expected. He stated that he stood before the eyes of the Fortress against his will, and ironically, it was the topic for his current speech. Tion talked of how he wanted to make Sky Fortress prosperous and welcoming to all, yet also criticised how they all diverged from that path. He was meant to be the voice of the people, but the voice of the people became his voice instead. It was not until the very end of it, after causing a deathly silence among the crowd, that he explained Anila's innocence, her status as the semigod and her need for experience and guidance.

Since the speech, no one approached Tion and asked about his experience with Anila again. In fact, when he walked along the bridges of the fortress, it was no longer a common topic of discussion. When he looked for an attorney to gather the defense he needed to completely acquit Anila, Tion was instead summoned before the judges. After they exchanged their arguments and reasoning, the judges eventually, and with quite a doubt, came to a decision to release her but she may not reside anywhere outside of the palace island. Her livelihood was then placed under Tion's responsibility. But just before he thought it was a happy ending, news came into his attention that the tutors have questioned his ability to hold the leadership role, and would like to have a lengthy talk with him.

But for now, a week had passed since Anila's imprisonment and he needed to wait at his studies to greet her. In this quiet room, he paced left and right until the great doors swung open and he met her blue eyes. She seemed a lot more... healthier than before. He could still see the bony structures but they were less obvious. Her expression was that of confusion as she looked around and then asked him her question. Tion smiled at her, unfurling his wings as he hugged her, pressing his cheek against hers. Anila! You are well, her touch felt a lot warmer to him. He had longed for it since she was brought into the dungeon, the damp and muggy place was always cold. He let a thrum escape him, but before this embrace become anymore awkward for the guards around them, he pulled away. You are free. I explained everything to them. They considered my arguments and let you free. Well, partly. They said you must live within the palace island. But this is great news is it not? You get to- Tion quickly closed his maw. The guards were here, and they would surely deliver this to his tutors. Tion quickly calmed himself from his excitement, taking a deep breath, before speaking in a neutral but powerful voice. As of now, you are to reside within this palace. I am in charge with picking your room and ensuring your safety.
Tion Xithyl
Tion Xithyl
SkyWing Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Anila Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:43 pm

Anila, of course, hadn’t known of the things which Tion had done, the things he had said to defend her. If she had, she would have sent the guards away and hugged Tion to the point where he wouldn’t have been able to move due to her grip around him. But, of course, being locked away in the dungeons meant that she wasn’t able to know of the things which he had done. The sacrifices that he had made for her. The scolding that he was definitely going to get from his tutors-everything he had done for her... If Anila had known, she would have done her best to repay her.

However, the king embraced her cowering form as she had been trembling in uncertainty. Slowly, Anila returned the hug, feeling her cheeks flush at Tion’s unhidden emotions. She was only just relaxing into his gentle embrace when he decided to pull away from her due to the guards who were almost staring at the two of them. Tion then was telling her how she was free, that she had to live within the palace island-but then he slammed him maw shut. Being aware of the guards around, Anila could see the flash of panic in Tion’s eyes as he calmed his excitement, to which she nodded.

Anila almost sighed when he snapped back into his ‘other’ self, his tone becoming powerful, as if to prove to the guards around him. Her winds flared for a few moments as her anger raised within her, a small gentle breeze that would disturb pages and books scattered across the grounds. She nodded curtly, ”That’s more than I deserve, my King.” Anila said politely, her form lowering to a polite bow before she turned her attention to the guards once again. ”Let me assure you my king, that if a word of this is spread from this room, I myself, the Goddess of Wind and Protection, will ensure that the dragons pay for their crime of eavesdropping a king’s conversation.” Anila stated, to which the guards forms visibly stiffened.

”Now, outside, both of you!” She demanded, the guards, even though they were a bit sketchy about leaving the king alone with the previous criminal, nodded to them both before they quickly left. Anila’s winds were also aiding them by somewhat pushing them out the door. The winds slammed shut the doors and, when Anila couldn’t hear the faint ticking of their claws on the floor once again, she allowed a small sigh to come from her.

”I-I’m sorry about that, it was for the best... I don’t want your mentors finding out about this.” Anila said quietly, before pressing her snout against his neck as she nuzzled him with affection. ”Thank you for allowing me to stay here Tion, but... Is there a spare bed or a few rugs that you have spare so that I can sleep somewhere?” Anila inquired, purring as she would hug him tightly. ”What are you going to do if your mentors find out? And do you mind if.. I..” Anila sighed, shaking her head as she would let him go for now.

”Forgive my erratic behaviour, I’m just confused how you managed to allow me to stay here-my home is back at the cave, miles away from here...” Her voice trailed off, unsure of if she was saying rather insensitive things which would offend her beloved Tion.
Anila
Anila

Female Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Tion Xithyl Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:20 am

He was reminded of the previous moment where he showed off his ‘mask’ to Anila when he saw how her expression seemed to change from amazement to rising anger, like he had said something insulting. His bones stiffened as he backed a bit from Anila, with the only thought reassuring him was that he explained everything to her. She seemed to know that his true emotions were suppressed because of the guards here. That… and the anticipation of a review on his leadership. He had given her so much, and risked his livelihood for her as well. But if he were to become a guard once more and step down from the throne, at least he would know he had made a difference to one dragon’s life.

After Tion finished what he had said, the wind picked up around him. It should no have been possible if she were not a semigod, but he knew that this confirmed his prediction that she was angry. What was once a quiet study was filled with the flipping of pages and devices rolling off of desks and shelves. It did not seem to get any stronger than this, for Anila was able to speak calmly. At least at the start before her voice became tense, and directed from Tion and towards the two stationed guards. She snapped at them to leave, which they became uneasy and a bit frightened.

They finally turned to Tion, and Tion flicked his snout away, beckoning them to do as they were told. The guards bowed quickly and scampered away, the doors closing behind them. And he was finally alone with Anila. She calmed at that moment and everything in the study settled down again. She apologised to him about her outburst, and Tion was able to dismiss it until she placed her snout on his neck. The warm touch tingled him, from his neck to the back of his head. Tio blinked as she proposed the questions, then he gave her a gentle smile.

You have nothing to be sorry for, he said. We have many spare rooms in this palace. After all, it is big for a reason. It is very simple for me to organise a few bearskins, rugs and food for you, Anila. And… Tion trailed off a bit as he felt his heart sink. His mentors were suspicious of his affection to Anila, and it would not help his case for acting beyond their ‘code’ of leadership. He shook his head, giving a relieved sigh. I will deal with my mentors. I am sure they will grant some exceptions. Actually, would you like something to drink?

If Anila answered yes, Tion would call for a maid and get her to bring what she wanted swiftly. He would then lead Anila to take a seat on one of the small mound of fur near a firepit, before seating himself next to her. It would be much warmer here, and he could organise his thoughts into a story a bit better. Well, after I have spoken to the warden about organising some comforts, I brought myself before the judges of the trial. I explained everything to them, that you are a semigod and the incidents were due to the untamed powers reacting out of control. They did not accept my plea for your acquittal, but promised to consider your status in their sentence.

After that, my mentors insisted me to stand before a podium to make a speech. They figured it will further my agenda and status if I talk about the kidnapping and how I survived. I deliberately changed the speech to something much… deeper. About how I became leader because I have a dream for the future of Sky Fortress, but I am powerless because the true leaders were the councillors. After that, I was brought before the judges again, and they changed their minds and accepted your acquittal, but on condition that I am to take care of you and you must live within the palace island.

That is the good news.
Tion said the last sentence like he was suddenly drained from energy. Sure enough, it carried a lot of burden to say that the recent events bore fortunate and unfortunate outcomes. Though he was not sure if Anila wanted to hear anymore of it. She had suffered enough already. Depending how she asks him, he could purposely omit the more serious consequences and just give her the minor ones. Tion just stared blankly at the fire.
Tion Xithyl
Tion Xithyl
SkyWing Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Anila Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:09 pm

The moment the guards definitely had left, Anila calmed in but a split second. However, seeing the tense form of Tion due to the erratic powers of her winds made her uneasy. Surely he would remember that she wouldn't ever hurt him, nor would she have been angry at him with what he had told them. She hated that she had made him uneasy, even if it was just for a few moments.

Anila nuzzled him again, tears stinging her eyes but she refused to let them fall. He had done so much for her, and she wouldn't allow him to see that she felt sad at the very fact that if she became angry Tion could switch to that stoic dragon who she despised. Anila would use a paw to try and hug him for a few moments, before resting her head against the side of his neck. His words reassured her, as he was calm and kind, just like he always use to be. As soon as Tion had faltered, Anila could almost sense something was wrong. Straight away, she gently tightened her arm wrapped around him, nuzzling his neck to try and reassure him.

Anila took a step away from him, however her tail would gently coil with his own. "You aren't facing your mentors alone. I'm sure that I would be able to pull a few strings myself. After all, who would want others to know that it was because of them that the peoples Semi-Goddess was treated like absolute garbage and cast aside like dirt for all her childhood years? All because of those mentors?" Anila chuckled, giving him a small wink and would then give him a quick kiss on his cheek.

"You aren't alone anymore."

To answer his question about the drink, Anila would shake her head, following him to the firepit as she wanted her words to sink in. She didn't want her saviour to think that he would have to do anything alone anymore. After all Tion had sacrificed for her, Anila wouldn't let him be alone anymore. Through thick and thin, Tion had done the best for her, and it was only fair if Anila never let him face the demons on his own anymore.

She curled up on the rather fluffy furs, a small purr of amusement coming from her as she rested against the fur. Another thing that Tion had risked for her, the furs in the cells... Anila almost sighed, but Tion's form sat down next to her-which surprised the smaller dragon, causing her head to perk up a she looked to him in a bit of confusion.  Anila quickly tried to relax, curling against his side as she place her head on the furs to look up at him, much like a child listening to a story.

Occasionally, the fire would flare as Tion spoke, and soon she felt herself be entranced by his calm words, explaining everything which he had done for her. Guilt slowly built in her heart, and Anila turned her gaze to the warm coals. Here Tion was, sacrificing everything for her and was seriously at risk of being kicked from his leadership position due to their actions. They hadn't forced Tion to do this, but he had broken the chains which shackled him down, the ones which hid his true persona and caused him so much pain and agony. But now, freed from the chains, he had to face the real demons.

His mentors.

At the sudden lack of energy from him, Anila shifted closer to him. She would place her paw against his, her own paw gently holding his as she would squeeze it gently. "Thank you for everything you have done for me Tion... I wish there was any way at all that I could repay your kindness... But I have an idea of how I might be able to, but... to do that I need the truth.

What's the bad news, my love?"
Anila would ask, her eyes raised to his as she would look up to him, searching them to gague how he was feeling, but a purr of worry came from her chest. She gently licked him, whining quietly as she didn't want him to lie to her. Anila prayed he wouldn't.
Anila
Anila

Female Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2