Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Question About Mating, Genetics, God-Genetics, and suggestions! Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Question About Mating, Genetics, God-Genetics, and suggestions! Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Question About Mating, Genetics, God-Genetics, and suggestions!

4 posters

Go down

Question About Mating, Genetics, God-Genetics, and suggestions! Empty Question About Mating, Genetics, God-Genetics, and suggestions!

Post by Rayla Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:07 pm

Yo! So yeah, Rayray is back! Maybe. Idk. Don't count on it. But I have been dying to ask this question for a while. And it involves Rayla. Also, no offence to Sly, Hyruu, or the mods, but I would prefer if Cele or Ark answer this question, cuz they probably know more about it than you guys. o3o Now, as you may or may not know, Rayla has the ability to turn into a human and reptilian, and anything in between, due to approval from Celestia and the other admins, when they asked me what demi god power I wanted, back in the ye' old days of the site, when demi god bebehs weren't as common of an occurrence.

What I want to know is, if Rayla were to mate, is there a chance she could produce offspring that inherited this ability to transform? And if they did, would it be as powerful as hers?

Another question I had was about the gods. If two full gods were to have bebehs together, would they produce semi god children, or demi gods? I mean, since there are only six full gods, it would be a pretty rare occurrence for them to mate in the first place. So their power would be passed down to produce some semi gods.

Now, I actually know that the answer to this question is no, two full gods mating will only produce demi god children, as shown by Nimbus and Astral, but, now I would like to introduce my idea into the mix.

My first idea involves abilities, like Rayla's to turn into a human. Now, say a dragon had a unique ability like this, that admins or mods approved ONLY for them. Then, when they mated, what if they had a chance of gaining this ability? Like, a dice system? Where we would list the ability in the comments, roll the dice or whatever, and if it lands on certain numbers, then we get it?

Heck, doesn't even have to be that complicated. I mean, knowing how skilled Cele and Ark are at coding, they could probably implement some kind of dice-rolling like system, where we say how high the percentage of them gaining the ability is, then roll a wheel or something to see if they get it.

Like, Rayla's ability could be a 50/50 chance. So we roll a virtual wheel with two sides. Whichever side it lands on will determine whether her offspring get the ability or not. And that isn't even for multiple children.

Now, I also made a little chart for gods, and god offspring. I thought about different kinds of gods we could have. Allow me to list, first the gods, then the genetic chart. o3o The god chart will go from strongest to weakest.

Full Gods: Absolute power. Immortal. Omnipotent. Can occur through godly aura of Shardas (Not genetic)

Dodrant/Lesser God: Children of two full gods. Slightly more powerful than a semi god. Partially immortal, can be killed under special circumstances. Only born from god offspring

Semi/Uni God: Longer lifespans of up to 6000 years, maybe aging immortal. Slightly less power than a Dodrant/Lesser God. Can completely control a certain element with immense power. Occur from the reminents of Shardas (Not genetic)

Hemi God: Born from two semi gods, or a semi god and full god. Slightly less powerful than a semi god. May have aging immortality, but it varies. Less control over elements, but still much more knowledge than the average dragon.

Demi God: Born from a semi god and a mortal dragon. Contain less power than a semi god, but are still above the power scale of the normal dragons. Have special abilities that no other mortal dragon is capable of. No immortality.

Trient God: Born from two demi gods. This dragon has slightly less power than a demi god, and may inherit the powerful ability that their demi's had, but it's a 80% chance. No immortality.

Quadrant God: Born from a demi god and a mortal dragon. No immortality. 70% chance of gaining the demi's ability.

Sextant: Born from a quadrant god and a trient god, or two of either. If two trients, may have 60% chance of gaining the demi's ability, but it will be 10% weaker. If both Quadrant, may have a 50% chance of gaining demi's ability, but it may be 20% weaker. If quadrant or trient with a mortal, may have a 40% of gaining demi's ability, but 30% weaker.

Octant: Born from two sextants, or a sextant and a mortal. If two sextants, my have a 30% chance of gaining demi's ability, but 40% weaker. If sextant and mortal, had a 20% chance of gaining demi's ability, but may be 50% weaker.

Unci: Born from two octants, or an octant and a mortal. If two octants, 10% chance of gaining the demi's ability, but 60% weaker. If octant and mortal, 10-5% chance of gaining demi's ability, but it will be 70% weaker

Mortal Dragon: These are dragons that are born from two Unci's, or a Unci and a mortal dragon, or simply two mortal dragons. They have no special godly powers beyond that of a normal dragon. There is an extremely rare case where the offspring of two unci's may have a child that inherited the ability of the demi, but by then it would be 80-90% weaker, so it is pretty much the same as a normal ability. These offspring of Unci's, or mortals, may mate with a demi god, semi god, or full god, and have a chance of producing a Trient, Quadrant, or demi based on how powerful said god is.

But yeah, there's my idea. Is probably too complicated, but meh, no harm in suggesting it. Razz Tell me what you think of this idea in the comments, and Cele/Ark, please answer my question about Ray. Thx, and have a fab day. Cheeky

Rayla

Female Posts : 641

Back to top Go down

Question About Mating, Genetics, God-Genetics, and suggestions! Empty Re: Question About Mating, Genetics, God-Genetics, and suggestions!

Post by AuSurath Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:49 pm

It is a good idea, but I fear there will be too many gods n stuff. I also don't believe there will be a dice rolling system, just doesn't really go with the site.
AuSurath
AuSurath
NightWing Hatchling
NightWing Hatchling

Male Posts : 321

Back to top Go down

Question About Mating, Genetics, God-Genetics, and suggestions! Empty Re: Question About Mating, Genetics, God-Genetics, and suggestions!

Post by Rayla Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:15 pm

Doesn't have to be dice. But yeah. I think this system may simply be too complicated. I do think that maybe, for two full gods, if they were to mate, they could produce one semi god child, but the rest would be demi.

Rayla

Back to top Go down

Post by AuSurath Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:18 pm

I always thought a full god mating = semi children too for a long time
AuSurath
AuSurath
NightWing Hatchling
NightWing Hatchling

Male Posts : 321

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayla Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:26 pm

Same o3o But then again, that would mean there would be seven semi god children running around from Astral and Nimbus XD

Rayla

Back to top Go down

Post by XaJjang Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:28 pm

I think it should stay simple.

Full God.
Semi-God.
Demi-God

No matter what the circumstance, your child is one rank below you in terms of god powers.

But that's just me.
XaJjang
XaJjang

Male Aquarius Goat
Location : H̖͓̜̠̦͚͙̳͕̘̗̤͍̹̪̭̤͔͐͂ͤͩ̏̃̔͟͠ͅȂ̵̶̫̞̤̦̫̩͖̹͖̱͉̙͕̠̳̅ͭ̑̈̈́̽ͩ͗ͥ̿̓͐ͮͮ͗ͮ̏͜͞I̸̧͈̩̬̲͂́ͫ̋͗ͬ̈̀̓̇̽ͩ̚L̴̯͍̹̟͇͒̌ͣ́͡ͅ ͨ̐̾͆̓͊҉̶̢̠̝̖̳̰͇͖͜A͍̮̯̹̻̘͎̱͙̺̥̘̙͎ͧ̈́ͫ̃̈́̔ͨ͗ͯͦͨ̈̀́̚͘͘ͅN̈͋ͥ͋ͧ̚͝҉̨̹͓̳͚̣̩͎̞̮͓̞̀͢ͅI̵̡̫̤̲̱̰̘̹͓̭̳̯͔̱̮ͫ͐͂ͪ̀ͥͩ̾̈́ͧ̌͋͒̉͂ͧ̚̚L̏̂͂͌͛͊͊̽̏̽͌̒̒͢҉͍͓̣͓̥̩̝̖̠͙̼̥Ȁ̡̢̩͙̠̥̼͓́ͣ̊̌

http://www.unknownlandsrp.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:44 am

I think I already said my view in chat, but let's recap here.
Usually everything that revolves around luck is not a good idea, since we have no way to check.
Also, all too complicated to balance.
Your input does however bring one detail, and it is that the offspring of two gods should have a power equivalent to a Semi-god. They will not be Semi because that term is only reserved for the godly guardians of a Tribe, but their power should be equivalent.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down