Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Soulcry, the Atmosphere Dragon - Page 3 Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Soulcry, the Atmosphere Dragon - Page 3 Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Soulcry, the Atmosphere Dragon

+4
Celestia
Sly
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Midnight
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Soulcry, the Atmosphere Dragon - Page 3 Empty Soulcry, the Atmosphere Dragon

Post by Midnight Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:17 am

First topic message reminder :

Soulcry, the Atmosphere Dragon - Page 3 Psx_2010
Personal Info

Name:
Soulcry

Alias:
Soul

Personality:
Soulcry

Over the decade, Soulcry has mellowed and matured since his excommunication with the Skywings.  He has had a terrible reputation, but his notoriety has since then faded, and he is much more responsible with his life.  He has neither plans nor intentions of anything to do with the Gods, they have been reluctant with him it seems, or straight out ignoring what he's been praying about; well, aside from daydreaming of becoming one of course.  Aside from that, he will not be associated with them anymore.

As for the evolution of Soulcry himself, like mentioned above he has matured.  He has forgiven himself, and he has recently become an icewing.  He favors the icewings very much, since they are peaceful and isolate.  This is like him very much.  Before he used to socialize, but now he likes to take time for solitude and meditation.

His personality is still dark, not necessarily sinister: it never really had been.  But rather than be confined to his perplexing views of the world in a duality of neither light nor dark, he has taken a much more cold, sobreing, and realistic outlook on life.  It is much more possible to him that, especially after the apocalypse and having somehow survived it without interacting with beasts of any kind, moreless observing the nightmares of his past self, as if somehow “personified” uncannily his prior self, which compels him to see the world with three eyes that say, maybe this is just a dark, cruel world.

Having said that, he is more reserved when he speaks.  He is more of an isolate personality rather than overdramatic, and at times even silly.  He isnt silly anymore, it turns out he's a bit embarrassed, but found a new life as a noble hearted draconiforme, who uniquely shaped his journey with much exercise and a great diet of fish.  He is a guardian now, and he loves his new life, ckmpletwly letting go of all the friends he made as a skywing and as a rogue, maybe he might encounter Wake again, but who knows.  Also, he will more than likely eat dolphins from now on.  

Interests:
Magic, art, poetry, psychic development, paranormal phenomenon, meditation, solitude

Dislikes:
Tempers, foolishness, dullness, and shallowness.

Fears: Isolation

General Appearance

Size: 36’11” long 13’ high

Scales: White, translucent scales covered by a fur of brilliant sheen.

Eyes: Indigo emanating a static electrical aura.

General Appearance: Pure white silver with an indigo and cyan glow.  High contrast, dark arms connected to his four wings.  A prominent, physical third eye.  A transparent body.  A flat, vertical tail with a phantom-like energy sphere at the tip of his tail.

Tribe Information and Status

Tribe:
Icewing

Inheritence: 70% Skywing, 10% Icewing, 10% Nightwing, 10% Lightwing

Family: Supposedly has a brother named Phase

Mate: Single

Hatchlings: N/A

Skills and Abilities

Strengths: He is intuitive equipped with a keen sense of vision he uses to scope out the feild and can focus on multiple targets.  He is evasive and elusive, with mostly skywing herritage he is quick and nimble and highly meneuvarable.  He is intentive about being stricken as little as possible.

Special Abilities:

-Storm Breath and Lighning:

From his mouth he can breathe cascading, spiraling lightning, sparkling with icy crystals.  The crystals are razor sharp, and the lightning emitted is accompanied by a dark vortex or cyclone that forces these crystals into extremely fast rotation.  It has a blasting effect on the opponent. The attack stretches up to 300 feet.  Although it loses its power over distance, it also widens.  It's his most powerful attack.  Can be used once every three posts.

-Lighning

From his third eye, a more focused bolt of lightning can be shot.  Its not a cascade; rather it is a single, more narow bolt.  It is more accurate, though not quite as powerful.  It is high in contrast, dark and ultraviolet at its core and it beams brilliant white light.  As the appearance suggests it is both a lightwing and nightwing ability too.  It has an electrocuting effect. The bolt is dense, due to this fact it has a much shorter range of 120 feet.  Can be used on time per three posts.

(Both his attacks are powerful, and cannot be used together in a single post.  When one attack is used, the other attack must recharge.  They are both strong to waterwings.)

-Ultraviolet-Electrostatic Echolocation:

Like a radar, Soulcry uses his sixth sense to emit waves that penetrate haze, fog or smoke and even physical objects or pich dark to see.  Can be used every two posts for the durration of the post, and has a range of about 150 feet.

Weaknesses:

-His foreye is very sensitive to light and very susceptible and vulnerable to attacks.  

-His stomach is very soft and vulnerable, but not nearly as vulnerable as his eye.

-As a tiny part icewing he is slightly weak to fire based attacks.  He is also weak to Earthwing based attacks.

-In order to maintain his nimble speed and maneuverability, he is delecate and lightweight.

-His abilities all require time to recharge because they are so powerful.

-He has no resistances to the elements.

Combat Style: Soulcry is much better in the sky than on ground.  On ground he scurries if he feels overpowered, but is very confident if he shows himself in the air.  In the air he can evade and typically see anything with eyes like a hawk.  He tries to feel the pace of the battle as intuitively as possible, and usually stays at a medium to shorter distance away to strike opponent with lightning, in an attempt to make himself more accurate and powerful as well as distancing himself from his opponent when he is not offensive.

Background

History: As a child Soulcry and his brother Phase split in Nightwing territory.  Wheras his brother stayed, Soul fleed to skywing territory.  There he learned in school and eventually began fighting.  Unfortunately, though, after a combat once there, he was forced to leave skywing territory after accidentally killing another dragon in a fair fight.  He tries not to fight as often as possible anymore because of it.

RP Style: Soul solemnly draped his head over the cliff.  It was a long day for him, and he was heavily conflicted because of murder.  Two immense guardian dragons stood behind Soulcry, one of them spake.

“We should have you arrested,” said the guard.
“I know,” said Soul.
“Any last words before you leave this territory?”
And Soulcry leaned over the ledge a little more, and gazed at his daunting journey afore him.  He turned back at the guard who had spoken, gave a begrudging eye twitch and a remorseful snare, before leaping into the sky.

While he flew he had vivid flashbacks of being a child, and remembered how scary it was travelling away from his home.  He remembered all of his favorite moments of growing up at skywing territory with tears rolling down his eyes, until finally it sank deep how brutal of a baggage it was he had to live with.  And thus, Soul vanished into the horizon, where no one saw him from skywing territory again.

Soulcry, the Atmosphere Dragon - Page 3 Psx_2013
Soulcry, the Atmosphere Dragon - Page 3 Psx_2012[/color]

Last edited by Midnight on Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:18 pm; edited 121 times in total (Reason for editing : Update personality and tribe and art)
Midnight
Midnight
NightWing Guardian
NightWing Guardian

Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Soulcry, the Atmosphere Dragon - Page 3 Empty Re: Soulcry, the Atmosphere Dragon

Post by Midnight Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:29 am

Lets try it again, lol bump.
Midnight
Midnight
NightWing Guardian
NightWing Guardian

Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Soulcry, the Atmosphere Dragon - Page 3 Empty Re: Soulcry, the Atmosphere Dragon

Post by Sly Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:20 am

I am a bit borderline with the current limitations yo have placed. While I will approve it, you will need 2 approvals before this will pass (this goes for all apps from now on). I will leave it for another staff member to decide if this is good...

APPROVED (1/2)
Sly
Sly
NightWing Enforcer
NightWing Enforcer

Male Posts : 619

Back to top Go down

Post by Ignatius Sikum Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:46 am

I have a few things I just want to clarify.

Firstly...

You say that you;
Hydra wrote:Fears: becoming evil.

But doesn't your personality with state that he is, at his core, a dark spirit? Doesn't this imply that he is also already evil and therefore contridict itself? Change this fear as it doesn't make sense.

With your scales, you state that;
Hydra wrote:Scales: Diamond plated, translucent scales covered by a fur of brilliant

Does this mean you have diamond hard scales? If so, this should also be in the strengths ability. However it is also too strong and would need to be reduced. Unless you mean they are diamond coloured scales, then that is fine.

Hydra wrote:Icy Lightning - From his mouth he can breathe cascading, spiraling lightning, sparkling with icy crystals

How does this work as a unique ability? You have stated that he can breathe this spiraling lightning that has a mixture of icy crystals? With this, more detail needs to be added. What damage does this inflict on others, how often can he use it per post and is it a powerful ability? What do the icy crystals do? More detail needs to be added to this, and I need all the points and questions I asked in this answered. It doesn't have to be a giant thing explaining thoroughly how it works, but something that we can use so that we at least know... well, how it works.

Hydra wrote:From his eye, a more focused bolt of icy lightning can be shot.  Both attacks require him to charge his energy for 12 seconds in between strikes, using one or the other at a time.  Though, he does begin the battle at full capacity.  Either type of strike can be dark or light in color indicading it being a nightwing or lightwing attack, or a high contrast combination of the two.

What do you mean by a more focused shot? What makes it more focused? Does the damage behind it increase, what is the point of a more focused blast? I would like you to explain what is so much better about the focused shot when compared to the other one. Why would he go for a focused blast if he can use the other one more readily, and does the focused blast take longer to use than the other one? Does it need a charge up time, if so, how long is it (State that in a post wise build up, i.e, how many posts does he need to charge the ability for before he can use it, or can he charge and use it in the same post?)

Instead of using a one second delay, I would like you to state how many posts that he has to wait before he can use it again. Or if it's a one post per ability sort of thing.

How does full capacity matter? I don't see the point in this being here, unless you are trying to say that he can only use this ability when he is at full capacity or above a certain limit? Why is this 'full capacity' here? If it was a typo, please remove this as it's rather redundant. However, if it serves a purpose, it needs to be explained. How does he get to full capacity, why does he need it and does it drain him when he uses his abilities? Just basic things like that.

And what's the difference between the LightWing and NightWing attack? It's lightning based and lightning only comes from SkyWings. How does this attack suddenly have the power of night or light if it's a different colour? What are the effects of this change? Explain to me why it's important for him to have this attack changing it's 'base' tribe when he uses it because lightning is almost a guaranteed hit because of how fast it is, it doesn't need additional elements added to it.

Hydra wrote:Ultraviolet-electrostatic echolocation - like a radar, Soulcry uses his sixth sense to emit waves that penetrate haze, fog or smoke and even physical objects or pich dark to see.  The radar has 1 second delay, however, and can only be used at 6 second intervals.  Using it for 6 seconds, and then off for 6 more at a time.  This is because it requires energy as well, which must recharge.

Okay, my biggest issue here is that you have absolutely no limit to this ability. That's kinda OP because you are basically able to sense where every single dragon and human are for 6 seconds. So, again, I want you to have a limit in this, how far is he able to sense to? Is it only to a certain distance like 200 feet? 400 feet? How far is he able to use this ability for it to still be accurate? Instead of putting this into seconds, maybe put in how often you can use it. For example, once every 2 posts or so. How often can you use this ability and what is it's range?

With your weaknesses, most dragons share the weakness of the soft underbelly and the weakness of the eyes. For example, in a fight, if any dragons eyes or underbelly were to be damaged, they would also be severely hurt like Soulcry would be. Due to this, I don't really see it as a true flaw or weakness in your character.

I would like you to add more weaknesses to your dragon and have them as actual stand alone weaknesses that your dragon really is weak to. It could be that his skills might be powerful, but they take a long time to recharge.

Also, you state that he is quick, would he be able to dodge every single attack, or would he be able to be hit by surprise or sudden attacks?

Bump when edited~
Ignatius Sikum
Ignatius Sikum
FireWing Guardian
FireWing Guardian

Male Posts : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:18 am

Revized
Midnight
Midnight
NightWing Guardian
NightWing Guardian

Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:12 am

You have all abilities of all tribe blood you have and your skywing abilities are that of a full SkyWing as well. In order to accept this app I am going to need you to have no resistance what so ever to any element or tribe ability.
Celestia
Celestia
Goddess of the Moon and Stars

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:24 am

Do you want me to change both?
Midnight
Midnight
NightWing Guardian
NightWing Guardian

Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:25 am

I changed the resistances.
Midnight
Midnight
NightWing Guardian
NightWing Guardian

Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:12 pm

Also, all I did was change the color, added underlines and bolds, and added in on his personality that he is mysterious.
Midnight
Midnight
NightWing Guardian
NightWing Guardian

Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:02 pm

Lets have 3 post recharge time instead of 1.
Celestia
Celestia

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:08 pm

APPROVED 2/2
Celestia
Celestia

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:48 am

Out for edits. Please put all changes/additions in bold print.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:22 pm

Personality:

Over the decade, Soulcry has mellowed and matured since his excommunication with the Skywings. He has had a terrible reputation, but his notoriety has since then faded, and he is much more responsible with his life. He has neither plans nor intentions of anything to do with the Gods, they have been reluctant with him it seems, or straight out ignoring what he's been praying about; well, aside from daydreaming of becoming one of course. Aside from that, he will not be associated with them anymore.

As for the evolution of Soulcry himself, like mentioned above he has matured. He has forgiven himself, and he has recently become an icewing. He favors the icewings very much, since they are peaceful and isolate. This is like him very much. Before he used to socialize, but now he likes to take time for solitude and meditation.

His personality is still dark, not necessarily sinister: it never really had been. But rather than be confined to his perplexing views of the world in a duality of neither light nor dark, he has taken a much more cold, sobreing, and realistic outlook on life. It is much more possible to him that, especially after the apocalypse and having somehow survived it without interacting with beasts of any kind, moreless observing the nightmares of his past self, as if somehow “personified” uncannily his prior self, which compels him to see the world with three eyes that say, maybe this is just a dark, cruel world.

Having said that, he is more reserved when he speaks. He is more of an isolate personality rather than overdramatic, and at times even silly. He isnt silly anymore, it turns out he's a bit embarrassed, but found a new life as a noble hearted draconiforme, who uniquely shaped his journey with much exercise and a great diet of fish. He is a guardian now, and he loves his new life, ckmpletwly letting go of all the friends he made as a skywing and as a rogue, maybe he might encounter Wake again, but who knows. Also, he will more than likely eat dolphins from now on.

Tribe: Icewing

Midnight
Midnight
NightWing Guardian
NightWing Guardian

Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:20 pm

Re-approved.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3