Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

NW Healer Apprenticeship [PRIVATE - Sly + Draken] Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

NW Healer Apprenticeship [PRIVATE - Sly + Draken] Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

NW Healer Apprenticeship [PRIVATE - Sly + Draken]

2 posters

Go down

NW Healer Apprenticeship [PRIVATE - Sly + Draken] Empty NW Healer Apprenticeship [PRIVATE - Sly + Draken]

Post by Sly Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:27 pm

It felt like he was absent from the labs for quite some time. What a huge turn of events these past few days. He had gathered a lot. Not just herbs but information as well. But he should never write any of them down. Who knows if a curious shadow would sneak into his diary? Shadows Refuge remained one of the most outstanding landmarks of the Empire, but also one that Oculus the Emperor had his eyes set on for days. Sly was not sure why that was the case, but it could have been how Oculus perceived Tenebris as a threat.

Nonetheless, the magnificent structure stood against the ravages of time. Inside and upstairs, inside a reserved lab for himself, Sly had been focusing on the various potions and apparatus of alchemy, calculating the right concentrations and temperature in order to achieve the desired product. Oculus' interrogation had taken some time away from him, but at least it was just... 'one second'. Before him, on the obsidian table, were many different herbs he collected since he wandered the EW territory, all bundled in cloth and ready to go.

Sly also made sure he kept some of their seeds and grew them in the greenhouse area, hoping to start producing these herbs, though he was far from mass producing for his own gain. It was tough work. They were rare for a reason, and Sly would rather not wait months for the chance of growth from the seeds, or venture into the EW woods if he spoiled these herbs. Absolutely no error tolerated.

It was like surgery...
Sly
Sly
NightWing Enforcer
NightWing Enforcer

Male Posts : 619

Back to top Go down

NW Healer Apprenticeship [PRIVATE - Sly + Draken] Empty Re: NW Healer Apprenticeship [PRIVATE - Sly + Draken]

Post by Draken Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:34 am

Unlike Draken's small trips, today he was going to take a big trip. He had heard that The Shadows Refuge was home to a Great Healer who has been trialed by Oculus many times. Draken wanted to become a Healer, so his plan was to head to The Shadows Refuge and ask the Medic they called Sly If he could mentor him. Draken pulled out his Journal and began to write Alright looks like I'm actually doing this, looks like I'm going to the Shadows Refuge hoping to be mentored. I hope this goes out well. Still no friends yet. Draken then put his Journal away and set off. about 10 - 20 minutes Later, he made it and there stood the tower right in front of him. Draken began to feel very nervous as he walked up the stairs. There he saw a Dragon looking like he was doing something important with Alchemy. Draken then said "H-Hello, I was told that a Healer known as Sly was up here. My Names Draken and I was hoping to get him to mentor me so I can start my Healing days". Draken then awaited a response.
Draken
Draken
SeaWing King
SeaWing King

Male Leo Snake

Back to top Go down

NW Healer Apprenticeship [PRIVATE - Sly + Draken] Empty Re: NW Healer Apprenticeship [PRIVATE - Sly + Draken]

Post by Sly Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:16 pm

Success!

The potion within the flask reacted and was ready for use. It was like he made a new discovery and would put him on a path to becoming one of the greatest healers there was. Sly moved to another bench, where he had a scroll laid out, and, inking a claw, proceeded to write in the language of dragons, which looked nothing more than symbols of dots and scratches. After completing his scroll, and hence another formula, he rolled it up, sealed it inside a case and laid it beside him.

That was three done. Sly huffed a sigh, looking at those herbs he had yet to touch. He needed to get another blank scroll. As he turned, he saw a young dragon at the doorway, looking back at him with nervous eyes. The dragon introduced himself as Draken and a prospective student of healing. To be honest, Sly was caught offguard. Not many within the Empire wanted to follow his path, wishing to go out in the battlefield and cause bloodshed. One way or another.

A moment of silence.

I see, Sly said. So wish to become my pupil under the arts of healing? Charming. Though I have to say, you have caught me unprepared for this occasion. Sly looked back at his bench, literally crowded with a line of herbs and alchemy apparatuses. Then he smirked, thinking about the prospects as a teacher. Perhaps he could get to know more about him, or use him for some of his needs. But that could come later. But even if only a few would take up this role, they do not come out of the blue. Before I can decide, you will have to prove yourself fitting to hold the lives of others in your claws. Firstly, Sly stepped forward and rested his belly on the carpet, one claw over the other in front of him, tell me, why do you decide the path of a healer?
Sly
Sly
NightWing Enforcer
NightWing Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Draken Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:39 pm

Draken realized that the Dragon standing at the top was Sly and he was why he chose the path of healing before he could start training. Draken replied saying "I wish to take the path of healing because when I was born I was all alone and I had no family with me. I assumed that there was a reason why I was alone so I made a promise to myself, that nobody deserves to be treated like I was so I am now always friendly, and mostly never mean to anyone I meet. So I chose the path of healing so I can help those in need at any time because nobody deserves the pain I felt for 14 years". Draken looked at Sly confidently and was ready to hear what he would have to say.
Draken
Draken
SeaWing King
SeaWing King

Male Leo Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:13 pm

The response he heard was amusing. Surely this one was not like the others within the Empire, and had showed some dedication towards this field, despite how it was rather poorly valued here. To take upon the role of healer so others would not have to endure the pain of loneliness. It sparked memories, especially when Draken gave an account on how he hatched from an abandoned egg. Sly was from an abandoned egg too, but his reasons for choosing the path of a healer was different. It was more specific to say the least. Loneliness could easily have been cured by other methods, one being actively searching for friends and befriending those who were alone.

Draken’s reasons could need some work. Then again, a good liar could manipulate his way into acceptance and suddenly show a lack of interest. But Sly was far from done with his questioning. There was no appointment to meet him. And he had no time to prepare for what he was going to encounter. He did not know Draken as much as he should, but that could change. For now, the focus was on his capacity to learn.

The pain of loneliness is your main motivation? I see, I see. Sly nodded a few times, letting the answer sink in. Friends are certainly important, especially in a world so unforgiving as this. Then again, loneliness can become your ally in some cases. So how much have you done, pertaining to the arts of healing, within these 14 years you have spoken? This one Sly was paying his utmost attention, for he needed to know how far Draken had come in terms of healing, in order to know where to begin training.
Sly
Sly
NightWing Enforcer
NightWing Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Draken Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:48 pm

Draken heard Sly's response and he seemed very Concentrated on this question. So Draken thought about it for a bit and said "Well I don't know much, but I have dreamed and read books on the arts a lot in my spare time, but I have never actually tried or have done the art because I offen make mistakes and so that's why I came to you so I don't make a mistake on the arts of healing". Draken then began to get nervous and started to get afraid that Sly would not approve of him.  He thought to himself What am I getting myself into, I can't do this, I can't even go on a simple trip with out getting into trouble. Draken then awaited a response.
Draken
Draken
SeaWing King
SeaWing King

Male Leo Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:04 am

He nodded as Draken spoke. There was doubt in his words, and he was slowing down a bit, but Sly was trying to encourage him to keep talking. Unfortunately he did not really got what he wanted to hear. Draken mentioned he had studied during his spare time, but it was unknown what he read. Some theories were disproved and the libraries in the Empire were…not that reliable to say the least. Sly would forgive him if his knowledge was based solely on those books, knowing how strict trades inside and out of the Empire and the books and scrolls had seen better days.

Then again, Sly appreciated the honour of having to make those latest discoveries himself. Better to learn through experimentation and practice than through a book. One could gain experience on top of learning. Perhaps he could test Draken to make a potion, but not with the ingredients Sly had on the table. He let slip another moment of silence, thinking how he should test what he read during his spare time.

Follow me, Sly said, walking past Draken. He did not look back to see if he was following, and assumed so as he moved to another laboratory. Upon his presence, the lanterns on the walls flared and lit the room. In centre, stood another obsidian bench in a U-shaped pattern. On the left were a collection of common herbs harvested by some workers of Shadows Refuge for Alchemists, from the swamps and slightly beyond the wall. On the furthest side, an array of flasks, rods and other apparatus. The right side, held small patches of cloth with spellcircles inscribed on it, plus some flammable powder and drying reagent. Sly stood beside the doorway to let Draken see. Show me what you have learned. Make a healing potion or substance from any of those herbs and name it. It matters not what kind, just any that involves the art of healing.

Sly would remain at the doorway, supervising the trainee. From there, he would judge Draken on many criteria, including how he responded to a sudden challenge like this. Imperative if a patient were to come to him out of the blue with a fatal disease.
Sly
Sly
NightWing Enforcer
NightWing Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Draken Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:06 am

Draken looked at all of the herbs laying on the left and then looked at the flasks, rods and other apparatus on the right. Draken thought to himself Ok based on what I read I think that goes in, no wait not that its that, yea that one mixed with that herb and...... Draken the began to add all of the ingredients that he remembered from his reading and he started to feel confident. Draken also began to wag his tail in excitement because he thought he knew what he was doing. Draken then looked at Sly and said "Ok I think I am..... Finished" in happy mood as he turned to look at Sly and awaited for his response.
Draken
Draken
SeaWing King
SeaWing King

Male Leo Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:55 pm

The way this little dragon responded to such a challenge was amusing. At first, he came in here with some hints of nervousness or doubt. And now, he was extremely eager to get into the practical aspects. In all honesty, Sly should not be at all surprised. Most of the ‘real’ teachings were done when students get their claws dirty.

As for the potion, Sly could point out a number of picky mistakes—some within tidiness and sanitation of the working bench, and others with the ‘cleanliness’ of the potion. But that would change if Draken chose to be taught under him. The potion itself was an amber-coloured translucent liquid, and Sly knew it was already impure with a number of substances related to the procedures Draken undertook. But it was impressive that Draken decided to choose, probably one of the most complex potions within the scrolls of the Nightwing Empire.

When Draken finished, Sly left the doorway and walked towards the bench on the other side. There, he investigated the potion more thoroughly. Sly frowned at some properties of this, but there were probably a lot more about this potion that sparked his interest. He nodded, smiling a bit. Still a descent potion for a first timer. Your technique can use some work, but I do not expect a trainee to know much about that. And neither do I expect them to choose this potion. Sly held the flask in his maw and poured it into a small cubic vial. He capped it with a cork before gently pushing it to Draken. Keep it. If you know how to make this, I suppose you also know when to use it. It is not as potent as its pure form, so I permit you to take it beyond Shadows Refuge. Sly then got to tidying up the used equipment himself, using the small spellcircle cloths to burn off any excess waste and wrapping up the dirty flasks with a sterile cloth to be taken for cleaning. As he did this, he realised how painful the silence was getting and asked the next question, any magical abilities that may benefit you in this art? Sly was fine with Draken answering ‘no’, for he did not have any related abilities to his art.
Sly
Sly
NightWing Enforcer
NightWing Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Draken Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:06 pm

Draken did indeed replied with "No I don't, the only ability I have is the ability to turn into a Shadow for stealth. But I also have my mace tail if that counts. But I still think that neither of those can help me with healing". Draken paused for a minute and started to get nervous before asking his next question. Draken asked "So can... can you mentor me on the arts of healing". Draken then awaited a response.
Draken
Draken
SeaWing King
SeaWing King

Male Leo Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:37 pm

Sly snuck another smile when the trainee asked to be trained. An eager dragon. Sly had gathered enough infirmation about Draken. Suffice to say, it would be a very long journey to get to where he was. Then again, who could? No abilities to aid in healing as well. Sly would have to start with the basics. Then next time, he would prepare a series of lecture for him. Then give him an examination.

Alright, I suppose you have the capabilities to become a good healer for the Nightwing Empire. You may have read some material on the arts of healing, but some were outdated. We will start with the basics and build up upon them. If there is something you are unsure about, feel free to ask. Sly finished wrapping up the bench. Then he paused, trying to recollect what he learned since he started this journey. Before we take on any potions, herbs or magic. The most fundamental aspect of a healer is the anatomy of a dragon. How strong are you in knowing our skeletal, muscular, organ and nerve structures? Sly did not expect Draken to know much about these right off the bat, but it could save them some time to focus on more interesting aspects.

As he listened and waited, Sly moved to another room of the Refuge. It was a lot cooler and darker, and a stone door sealed the entrance to this room. One could see a faint glow behind it, and cold fumes emitting from the crevices. Sly stopped on a spell circle, and it glowed purple. The door cracked and groaned, then began to slide to reveal large cylinders standing in rows along this "cooler".
Sly
Sly
NightWing Enforcer
NightWing Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Draken Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:47 pm

Draken heard Sly's question about knowing the body and Draken had to think for a bit about that. Draken then replied saying "I know a little bit, but not much. That's one of the main reasons I need training". Draken then saw Sly go into another room. Draken then asked "um... should I follow"? Draken then awaited a response.
Draken
Draken
SeaWing King
SeaWing King

Male Leo Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:42 am

He listened to his pupil’s response as he found a cylinder he needed and activated it. A blank purple circle appeared on the plaque in front of it. There, Sly hovered his claw over it and drew a rather complex pattern on it with a talon. Upon completion, the entire circle faded, accepting this ‘password’ and opening the cylinder along its curved face. Just as Draken finished his response and asked about following, something fell out of it, but stopped just before it struck the ground.

It was a dragon. Skinned, and its muscles laid bare before the two. Magic held the corpse in levitation so as to not dirty it with the ground. If it were any normal dragon with an untrained mind, a mere glimpse of this would probably scare them unconscious. For Sly, he saw this almost every day and was used to seeing the insides of everyone around him. The smell was just as putrid, the body reeking with the preserving chemicals needed to protect the muscles. He did not intend to scare Draken at all, but this was how cadavers were taken out for studies in the Shadows Refuge.

Let us begin with the study of muscles, Sly said, beckoning Draken forward with his snout. His eyes were quite a mix between green and yellow, and he could tell he had adopted a very stoic expression. Actually, before we start, let me tell you that I can only provide you the basics, but every next session, one week apart, I will begin by testing how far you have reached. When you take upon the arts of healing, a lot of work comes from self-motivation and studying on your own. I may even ask you questions that we have yet to cover, and it is up to you to ready yourself for what I will throw. If you want to ask me anything, you may wish to do so during our sessions but not outside. Suffice to say, many patients will keep my schedule tight. Am I clear? The words were rather frank, but true. Sly wished not to be one of those teachers who would spoonfeed his students everything they need to know. The path to becoming a healer was filled with challenges and there was never a time where they would stop learning. Though fear not. For the beginning sessions, I will go easy on you, but it will get progressively harder. At the end of each, I will provide you the name of source materials for further reading in our library. Stick ‘only’ to what I tell you to read.
Sly
Sly
NightWing Enforcer
NightWing Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Draken Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:26 pm

Draken paid close attention to what Sly had said. He waited until Sly was done talking and said "yes I understand, but I may get the question right on my 1st try". Draken then took a deep breath and was prepared for the question sly was soon to ask.
Draken
Draken
SeaWing King
SeaWing King

Male Leo Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:20 am

Cocky…

Hearing others speaking their claims would have him pulling a grin. But he reassured himself that he was to put on his professional demeanour, for he had a student to teach. It was a lot to cover, especially the parts of the body. But this could prove to be a refresher for Sly, to keep him up to date with the very basics. This could prove to be crucial especially, once he took on Sindra’s teachings.

And so he began his lessons. In general, Sly listed all the names of the muscles his eyes could see, from head to tail. He offered very light and general description of their functions, while keeping an eye on Draken as he expected him to take notes. As of now, what the trainee should really take in was the name and function of each muscle. Know what ‘anterior’ and ‘posterior’ meant, what ‘flexors’ and ‘extendors’ are, and the number of muscles that would make up a bicep or quadriceps. Sly never spent more than one minute with each muscle, and a lot of his words were medical and perhaps too advance. However, he made sure to ask Draken every once in a while if he understood everything and if he had any questions. As a result, Sly managed to skim and summarised all the muscles that Draken needed to learn and gave him the name of the last one. It lasted 50minutes, and it took a heavy toll on his throat. He needed a drink afterwards. This is all the muscles we have and thus, all there is to know. I did not provide any further detail on how the muscles work together to flex a single limb. For further reading, I would recommend you read Cutio’s Tome of Muscles and Musclo Dysfunctions, volume 1, pages…3 to 80. Now… let’s see if you can get this one right, Sly said, after naming the last muscle. Tendons are tissues that connect a muscle to the bone. True or false? A majority of our muscles’ tendons connect to the same bone. The answer this would be right in front of him, but it was possible that Draken may not notice while he was note-taking. This question was considered one of the ‘general knowledge’ questions for healers.
Sly
Sly
NightWing Enforcer
NightWing Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Draken Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:39 pm

Draken then got very nervous and didn't want to say, he thought to himself Ok think Draken, think. Ugg why did I get cocky, stupid Draken, Stupid. Draken then took a bit to think and replied "Uhh I'm sorry I got cocky. But I think its True, right"? Draken awaited a response and felt nervous on what he said.
Draken
Draken
SeaWing King
SeaWing King

Male Leo Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:53 am

He looked up and tilted his head, as if to show the answer was quite descent. It was a question with only 2 answers to choose from, and he didn’t want to acknowledge that it was not what he was looking for. He offered Draken a smile. At least the trainee may have learned not to put his pride far over the line.

There is nothing wrong with guessing, but it does not show how much you really know. If you know not the answer, say you know not. Anyways, Sly placed his claws on a faint circle next to the pedestal in front of the cylinder. It glowed white very briefly, humming a hollow note before dying back to what it was. This was to clean his claw before touching the corpse. Sly dug his claw in the crevices between muscles. When his claw tapped against a hard object, he pulled the muscle back, moving it around until he could see the muscle’s end, thinning into white tissue that connected to a bone. This is a tendon. To answer my previous question, a majority of them connects between two bones, normally adjacent to each other. Now, the purpose of these muscles is to extend and contract. Can you answer why this is important? This one should be easier, as Sly had provided Draken the materials he needed to draw the appropriate conclusion. Then again, he could be expecting far too much from him, though it was necessary Sly ask him questions like these to make sure he got Draken’s utmost attention.
Sly
Sly
NightWing Enforcer
NightWing Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Draken Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:01 pm

Draken thought for a moment and then got his answer "Muscles extending and contracting is important because it allows us to move our arms and legs, without it we would be nothing but statues because our muscles need to move our bones in order to move". Draken looked pretty confident about this answer and awaited a response from Sly.

Draken
Draken
SeaWing King
SeaWing King

Male Leo Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down