Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

A run-in with an Emperor (Private with Oculus) Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

A run-in with an Emperor (Private with Oculus) Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

A run-in with an Emperor (Private with Oculus)

2 posters

Go down

A run-in with an Emperor (Private with Oculus) Empty A run-in with an Emperor (Private with Oculus)

Post by Valdys Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:08 pm

((I'm just going to make this after the Hunting Games but before Occy has made a decision about who should change ranks, as that topic hasn't been finished yet.))

Valdys had been chasing after the leader of the NightWings for a few days, with no luck. It was true, people were saying, that she only wanted the dragon as a mate for power, but there was more to it than that. In her time in the Hunting Games he had begun, she'd noticed, albeit from afar, that he was sometimes.. Aloof. He had dignity, and he wasn't a cowering wimp, but he lacked a certain degree of composure. She guessed that was probably why he had been off on a visit to Shadow's Refuge for a 'meeting' with the Grand Vizier, Tenebris. She found it entertaining, how he didn't seem like a stone-cold leader. Her attempts had fallen short. Her subtle attempts, but her attempts nonetheless. Perhaps it was time to step up her game, she thought, but only when the time was right. If she caught him in a meeting with a real reason to talk to him in private, she could drop a few hints, or if she saw him nearby, unoccupied. Not that he ever seemed to be unoccupied, but Valdys didn't deny the possibility. In the middle of her thoughts, the dragoness noticed a group of dragons heading her way. She was only in the corridors of the palace or whatever it was called because she was buying herself an opportunity to ask Oculus about the Games and its results, but she had spotted another kind of opportunity. One of the drakes, positioned inbetween the two others, was one she recognised: none other than the emperor himself, stood in the centre of the trio, two guards stood beside him. As he passed, she sent a toothy grin his way and winked. He might have noticed, he might not have, but the guards certainly didn't. Perhaps super-secret flirting was a good benefit of training your stealth skills up to par for taking the job of Assassin.
Valdys
Valdys
NightWing Tracker
NightWing Tracker

Female Posts : 34

Back to top Go down

A run-in with an Emperor (Private with Oculus) Empty Re: A run-in with an Emperor (Private with Oculus)

Post by Oculus Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:23 pm

Meetings, they were always such a drag.  Never fun, just lots of talk of actions that should be done, yet remain undone.  And then there were always two guards following wherever he went, ever since his royal guard was given vacation time.  The two guards were like gnats, just constantly hovering too close to his personal space, but silent.  Having mentally spaced out on the discussion whether green stone or yellow stone steps would be better suited at the public fountain finally coming to an end, Oculus blinked and nodded, "uhhh, yeah, sure, sounds great," to whatever color the meeting caller suggested, before smiling at them as the wrapped up and walked out of the meeting area.  Once they cleared out, Oculus went out, and unsurprisingly, the two guards followed.  It was more for show than practicality for his safety, but whatever prevented another one of those 'Public Appearance' meetings was a win for him. Taking a walk out to head outside for some fresh air that wasn't polluted by the foul stench of the politicians, Oculus noticed a dragoness look at him funny and wink as he passed. Only slowing down partially as he looked quizically at her for a moment, before walking on, assuming that it was just another trying to show respect...however silly it was. The dragoness did remind him of someone, he'd have to think about who it was as he headed towards the exit to the outside.
Oculus
Oculus
NightWing Leader
NightWing Leader

Male Aries Dog

Back to top Go down

A run-in with an Emperor (Private with Oculus) Empty Re: A run-in with an Emperor (Private with Oculus)

Post by Valdys Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:44 am

Valdys saw his confusion. A look as if he wanted to ask many questions. Moments later the Emperor's face dropped the look as he walked by, his two guards remaining, unquestioning, by his side.
'He probably has some thing to do.. No matter, I can still make my attempts if I use stealth. I might be able to get some answers as to his verdict on the Games, too.' she thought to herself, a sly expression spreading across her face. She was not one to give up easily, and the dragon didn't seem to even understand what she was trying to achieve, so her game was not over yet. She had just handed an opportunity to him to respond and reject, perhaps, should he not want a mate, but he had then, unconciously, given that turn to her. She had control now. Valdys had control over exactly how she would play this game.
Valdys
Valdys
NightWing Tracker
NightWing Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:24 am

Making it to the wonderful outside air, much cleaner than the stuffy inside with the stench of politicians, Oculus was able to take a deep breath and relax for a little bit today.  Instead of standing at the foot of the entrance, he decided to go and find a secluded place.  That place seemed to be a small fountain, which sometimes had scholars around reading scrolls from the library in the Capital.  It reminded him that Tenebris once requested to take all the scrolls to that silly secluded island.  Accepting that would have been robbing the scholars here, who studied whatever they wanted.  Whatever time of day it was, it seemed that they were either spending time in the library itself, or at their own caves or a different location, which let Oculus have some time to reflect and think on how best to proceed with his plans.  A big dilemma that he had was that a lot of the citizens seemed to believe the myth that he was cracking down on them and forcing them all into a war or the military, when all it took was a simple look at the freedom of choice everyone had, and how unrestricted they were to do as they pleased, as long as it wasn't attempts to break the peace, that is.  "Guards, you can go on a.....oh, when was my next meeting?"  "Not till tomorrow, sir."  Not till tomorrow?  Great, that meant he could have the rest of the day to himself and enjoy it for once.  "Well then, you guys can take the rest of the day off, and before you object to personal safety or public appearance of being safe, I can handle myself, so enjoy the rest of the day off."  The two guards looked at Oculus, then bowed as they turned to leave.  He knew they were just doing there job, and Oculus respected them for it.  It was only fair if he had the rest of the day off, then so should his guards.  Besides, now he could think.  Oculus laid down near the fountain, staring into the water as he thought on how to handle the rest of Pyrria's ignorant tribes that seemed eager for war.
Oculus
Oculus
NightWing Leader
NightWing Leader

Male Aries Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdys Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:17 am

((We really need to get the Hunting Games back on track with posting lol))
A walk outside would be nice. She didn't want to disturb Oculus too much, as he was often busy and things might get on top of him, but she also wanted to help. Valdys was torn between following him and seeming like a crazy stalker, only to help him, or let him ponder whatever it was that was bothering him. She decided to follow close behind, yet drop her flirtatious attitude for the time being. Perhaps he needed advice.

She was surprised to see him dismissing his two guards by the fountain that usually accommodated scholars. The peaceful sound of running water did sooth a racing mind, she had to admit to herself. Once both guards were long out of sight, she slinked out from a tree, watching the Emperor as she did. Once her front paws hit the ground, she dropped her stare, and spoke up.
"If you need some quick advice, I might be able to help. Issues with the people? Or is it the military? Perhaps the other tribes are what's bothering you." She then remembered her manners. Bowing her head for a moment, she introduced herself, "My name is Valdys, which you may remember from the Games. I am not here to hassle you over your verdict, I merely thought that once I saw you leave the building I passed you in, that you were mulling something over in your head. Maybe I can offer advice? If it is to do with public relations or general 'social issues', I am particularly good at handling that sort of thing."
Valdys
Valdys
NightWing Tracker
NightWing Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:03 am

(Several people left the site that were in that topic :/)

Spies would have to be sent out it seemed. If everyone was gearing a war towards them, no point in sending diplomats to them. It would be a safer and more advantageous to have spies reporting exactly what was going on instead of getting whatever bs was sent to him by the diplomats. Even if the spies were found, it wouldn't worsen a situation, just speed up the unpreventable it seemed. However, it did not matter when, the NightWings would be ready to greet any hostiles and make the NightWings the scary nightmares of Pyrria if need be.

As he was in thought, he did not hear the other dragoness approach, and startled as she spoke. Oculus mentally reprimanded himself for letting himself lose his situational awareness. He listened to this dragoness, not wishing to be rude and let her speak as she seemed to have the bravery to walk up to him while he was in thought. After listening to Valdys, he contemplated what to say. Was this someone trying to talk him into giving her a higher rank, or someone actually caring? He'd have to side with caution first. "Ahhh, well, it is nothing for you to worry about Valdys. Just some minor issues that need to be smoothed out. Nothing that you would have to worry about."
Oculus
Oculus
NightWing Leader
NightWing Leader

Male Aries Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdys Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:06 am

"Minor issues? I'm sure you wouldn't be out here pondering if it were small. I'm sure you wouldn't have given your guards a day off if you didn't need time to think unhindered. If it is something I can, and have your permission, to help with, then please at least explain. I may only be an aspiring assassin but I can offer some good advice if you would like it." Valdys circled the fountain once, slowly, admiring the gushing water emerging into the air and then crashing back into the pool below, and the tiny droplets splashing onto her scales, coating her in a fine layer of water. She shook them off, remaining careful not to soak the other dragon.
"So, my Emporer, I know I am not your advisor, nor would I prefer to compete for that role, but I do have some experiance with dealing with issues, but would you like a few words to perhaps help you?"
Valdys
Valdys
NightWing Tracker
NightWing Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:30 am

She was reading him like a book.  This was not what he had expected nor planned for his time away from the politics of the nation.  He would have to be more careful about his appearance it seemed to hide his thoughts from others, as it seemed that some were good at reading him.  And as it seemed that this dragoness was training to be an assassin.  Adequate from what he had seen to fulfill that position and now as she was reading him.  It also seemed that she was determined to get an answer from him, so he would have to provide something without revealing much at all. He watched her as she seemed to enjoy the fountain, cooling off in it. He knew that not all NightWings enjoyed the heat, so it did not bother him in the slightest for using the fountain as a cooling aide.  "Oh, it is really nothing much.  Just musing over the results of the Games, and figuring out who needs more training and whatnot.  It's really nothing to be too concerned about."  It was true that he had to make some decisions and more training after the games, but Oculus also had more pressing issues to deal with than that.  However, it wasn't something he needed circulating around the citizens to cause false panic and hysteria.
Oculus
Oculus
NightWing Leader
NightWing Leader

Male Aries Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdys Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:23 am

Valdys looked down at her paws, a small pool of water rippling around her talons. 'I don't hate water, but it's definitely an inconvinience.' The rest of the water she shook off rather ungracefully, only a few specks of liquid flying out from underneath ebony scales and from translucent wings.
"Get back to me when you're ready to be honest about that. I'm always happy to help." She gave him a sly grin before unfolding her wings and taking off. She wasn't a natural-born prodigy at mind-reading, and she couldn't influence people's thoughts (except with her words, perhaps, as she was exceptionally good at that) but she was an empath, and a good one at that. Whether it be using her advantage as a sneaky, mind-meddling Nightwing or just reading the body language and speech patterns of another dragon, she could tell what they were feeling or if they were hiding something. The Emperor was definitely keeping secrets from her. Valdys couldn't blame, of course, as he probably thought she was just vying for his Royal Attention, which in a way she was. Maybe he thought she was doing it to increase her status. Or maybe to get herself a better placement from the Games.

Valdys was at a loss for what to do. She had previously thought she had the situation under control. Under her meticulous, unmistakeable, amazing control, but now she realised that not only was completely oblivious to her flirting, he was also completely, unwittingly, unknowingly gaining an utter, uncanny, unwanted control over the dragoness. She had no idea how to approach him next, what with him giving no reaction to either flirty hints or genuine help. "I'm a complete idiot. How could I let myself run dry of plans? I always know what to say, what to do, where to go. My plans are always ready to go, thoughts neatly stacked like church hall chairs. Now I have no idea how to get him to notice me, or let me try and help him! She let out a snort of hot from her nose into the cool breeze blowing towards her face, her wings stretched out as she lazily glided over her tribes' home. A sudden thought popped into her head. "It's because I never counted on him being so oblivious to me. Now I have to gain his trust. Ha, that's going to be easy when he doesn't even trust me, someone who's trying to gain the rank of assassin, enough to tell what troubles him!"
Valdys
Valdys
NightWing Tracker
NightWing Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:38 pm

Dragoness's.  He'd never understand them.  One moment they would be all happy go lucky, and then the next angry and fleeing.  Well, while Valdys wasn't necessarily showing anger, she definitely held the sarcasm in her voice as she turned and left.  "Well...that was...interesting..." he muttered to himself, not having expected to have someone walk up to him with those sort of questions, nor to just leave with such a...attitude?  No, that was not the word for it.  It was something different for sure.  Letting out a nice sigh, he shook his head and looked at the water from the fountain, just watching how it moved to re-calm him down. Too many issues to think of at one time, he would definitely have to take more breaks to just sit and think. Laying back down from his sitting position, Oculus's eyes glazed over in thought of plots and issues that would need to be addressed sooner rather than later.

(When did Valdys flirt with him? ._.  Am I as clueless as Occy? XD )
Oculus
Oculus
NightWing Leader
NightWing Leader

Male Aries Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Valdys Sat May 07, 2016 3:17 am

(She didn't end up making it high-key flirting, just the winking and stuff lol, she's biding her time)

"Right. If he's so bothered about something, be it the games or not, he seems rather troubled. Maybe I should focus more on helping him. That would be a good idea, and it is my duty to assist my Emporer." Valdys paced along a flat outcropping of rock besides a small waterfall. The drop led the river out to sea somewhere far off. Trees surrounded it, but left a clearing, and often enough, the same black-and-blue dragoness that was there currently could be found lounging on her rocky platform, or thinking, or anything else that was occupying her time. She was hoping for the rank of assassin, and she the skills for it she thought, so she was determined to find out what political affairs were on Oculus's mind. She was going to have to do some investigating.

A fly around the city later, after making polite conversation with many dragons she thought were perhaps close enough to Oculus, she had a few hints. It was all mostly rumour and lies, but some select few had willingly divulged little tidbits, such as the 'meeting' hung that was soon to take place on Shadow's Refuge, held by Tenebris. Oculus had already been there to meet with him, so she guessed that something must be up to have the Emporer over there then a meeting with anyone who wanted to arrive. Something was happening, and she was going to find out exactly what it was. It wasn't just about Oculus anymore, it seemed, it wasn't just some minor political issues like he'd said. 'Very secretive of him, a good sign. At least he knows when to hold his tongue.' she idly mused, before unfurling her wings and taking off, heading back to her waterfall hide-out.
Valdys
Valdys
NightWing Tracker
NightWing Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down