Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

BALD V SEYN (RIFT OF CINDERS) - Page 2 Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

BALD V SEYN (RIFT OF CINDERS) - Page 2 Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

BALD V SEYN (RIFT OF CINDERS)

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

BALD V SEYN (RIFT OF CINDERS) - Page 2 Empty BALD V SEYN (RIFT OF CINDERS)

Post by Arkhor Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Bald Rolls First

Battle Location: Rift Of Cinders

For More info:
http://www.rpgdragons.org/t3124-the-grand-tournament-event#41541
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

BALD V SEYN (RIFT OF CINDERS) - Page 2 Empty Re: BALD V SEYN (RIFT OF CINDERS)

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:57 am

The rocks directly below the LightWing pelted Baldirak. But they were small enough, having taken the brunt of his roar, that they caused no more than some scrapes. Oddly enough, the EarthWing didn't seem too concerned about the large boulders, either. There were enough 40ft pillars around to prevent them from hitting the ground directly and perhaps causing lava to surface. And then there was the one directly behind Seyn. Baldirak knew the LightWing would do exactly what he did--get behind the boulder so it impacted with him first. He knew because that's what he would have done, any smart Dragon would, he knew. So in those last few seconds before the impact, Baldirak laid down on his left side.

The pain was sudden and didn't last long. There were other things commanding the EarthWing's attention, like the fact he was about to hit the ground... most of him, anyway. Given his length, a portion of his tail would probably end up in the river of lava. Well, it wasn't like he'd never had his tail on fire before. Some ribs were broken and... yes, that poor right foreleg of his was broken. "Thank you," it would say later to great Dragon it had the misfortune of being attached to. "Thank you for being so careless yet again." But it knew Baldirak meant well. Now what else was there...? Oh right. A bit of sharpened rock was embedded in the EarthWing's left side. Nothing too serious; it only just missed puncturing a lung. Which God/Goddess do we thank for that, Kelarth? Sounds about right. And there's the lava...

Baldirak's eyes snapped open as he roared in pain and his tail burned. He moved it onto the bank, not that it stopped the fire from eating away at him. He looked up... the rocks weren't falling anymore. He was coated still in some acid and now rock dust. A few pieces of the boulder were on him, mostly around his side and leg; acid ate away at it. It was then he became aware of his injuries. The leg, of course, was no surprise to him. The rock in his left side was though. When Baldirak had begun coating himself with acid, some of it inevitably fell onto the pillar, which was his whole reason for doing it. It began eating away at the rock, enough that by the time Baldirak laid down, the pillar began to fall. The boulder wouldn't hit him right away, but he still couldn't avoid it. This only gave him a chance to relax his body to avoid more serious damage, both from the boulder and the ground. Of course, with a piece of the pillar threatening to puncture his lung if he moved the wrong way, in hindsight, this idea wasn't one of his better ones. Still, it could have been worse.

"Where's Seyn?" Baldirak asked aloud and to himself when his adrenaline finally kicked in, numbing his tail and leg. He lifted his head and neck only, wary of the rock beneath him as he looked around for the LightWing. He noticed some boulders had hit the other pillars, as he'd hoped. Others hit the ground directly and were being melted down by pools of lava forming underneath. The area sort of resembled a volcanic eruption... but with more rock than lava.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:38 am

((I'm not really sure I fully understood your post...))

The boulder hit. What, Seyn couldn't tell. What was sure though was that there was a hit. A hit that sent Seyn flying away. And being sent flying away wasn't a great thing when all what was below was more lava than ground. Luckily for him, he was sent flying away on one of the remaining pillars. The bad news was that it was on the side of it, and Seyn wasn't facing the right direction at that moment.
A loud thud as his back hit the pillar, another one as he heavily fell on the ground below - which hopefully wasn't lava. Still the shock made him dizzy for a dozen of seconds. His chest felt painful, breathing was painful. Probably broke a few ribs at the time of the hit. A point on his back also felt painful. Seyn realized that it was where Baldirak's acid had hit him. Hitting a wall at full speed probably didn't help much for that... There probably was an angle on the rock at that place, and without the protection of his scales his flesh took the hit. Seemed like it was bleeding now... But other than that he was surprisingly rather fine. Well, if having a few ribs broken and an obvious weak point during a fight could be called rather fine.
Seyn tried to stand up, and almost regretted it. His chest was way more painful than he thought. Enough to make him cough up some blood. Okay this really wasn't good. Looking around him, he spotted Baldirak. The green dragon wasn't in a good shape either. A piece of stone was sticking out of his flank, his tail looked really badly burnt... And he looked totally furious. Was he really going to continue the fight? Seyn could only let him do the first move. His chest wouldn't allow him much more.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:51 am

((Well, looking at it now, I could have made the second paragraph a bit better. Ah well, that's what you get for posting when you're about to fall asleep.))

Baldirak couldn't see Seyn from where he lay, but he heard a cough. Eventually, he attempted to stand up. Baldirak had never had broken ribs before, at least not that he could remember, so the pain in his chest came as a surprise. As he went back down, he was glad he hadn't yet risen so far that landing back on his side might push the rock further into his chest. In a few more minutes, he tried again. This time, he moved quickly, rolling onto his stomach as fast as he could. His chest and leg didn't agree with him, but he received a little relief from the rock... Now he needed to get to his paws; fortunately, Baldirak had had a broken leg before, the very same leg that was broken now. It seemed almost as if his leg wasn't injured at all, such was the ease with which he stood.

His pale eyes scanned the hostile land: the lava river, the small islands of rock... and the heat. It was the first time in awhile that Baldirak was reminded just how hot it was here. His breaths had to be shallow to cope with the pain of broken ribs and the hot air he took in constantly didn't help. This fight must end soon, but where is... Ah! There he is. The EarthWing finally spotted his opponent. Seyn appeared to be in about as good a shape as he. It occurred to Baldirak that Seyn might attack him, but he went close anyway. His tail came forward slowly, partly in caution and partly in pain, to the LightWing's snout. It raised it just slightly and Baldirak looked down at him. "The wound at your back is as obvious as my leg and tail and left flank," he stated plainly as he looked over Seyn. "There is blood on your snout... you must have some broken ribs. I will tell you that I have as well." The EarthWing lowered Seyn's snout and moved back a little, enough that he could have some time to react. "One attack is all I believe either of us have left. Shall we use them? I gave you the honor of the first attack... I give you the honor of the last."
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:24 am

Seyn got a small chuckle, instantly regretting it as his chest reminded him he had a few broken ribs. Even in this situation Baldirak remained honorable. There was no doubt about it, he was a great leader.
"It would almost be a shame to attack. I fear I won't be able to make a move worthy of this fight... But well this fight needs a winner, right? Let us see who this will be then." he declared.
Seyn didn't have many options. Where could he strike? Baldirak's tail and leg did suffer serious damage, but hurting them any further wouldn't give him much of an advantage. That only left the rock shard stuck in his flank.
The Golden dragon made a quick jump on the side and used his breath to divert Baldirak. Each second was crushing his chest with pain, he had to be quick. Seyn tried to jump on the shard in order to push it further. This would be his last action. If this failed, he wouldn't be able to move afterward to dodge Baldirak's last attack.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:01 am

Baldirak half expected an attack from Seyn. So he was surprised at how quickly the LightWing jumped up, given his injuries. It must have caused him a great deal of pain, Baldirak thought. And then Seyn sent a lightbeam at Baldirak's right side, but the EarthWing didn't try to protect it. By instinct, he sought to protect his left side from further injury, so he allowed the light beam to hit his right flank while he covered his left. To his surprise, it appeared that Seyn wanted to attack that side... Maybe that had been his plan the whole time. Baldirak's tail shot forward as Seyn came toward his left flank. He tried to grip the LightWing around his stomach to avoid his ribs, but tight enough to hold him. Of course, there was the matter of the burnt part of his tail; it was very painful, sensitive to touch. So he couldn't quite accomplish what he wanted to. He had meant to halt Seyn's attack, instead, he only managed to slow him enough to lessen the blow. At the last moment, he extended his left wing outward to act as a shock absorber. Seyn still hit him, but the rock wasn't pushed in as far as it could have been. Still, it was enough to puncture his lung.

Baldirak roared out at the pain as he fell over in result of being hit. He gripped Seyn tighter--at least, he thought he was still holding the LightWing. He wasn't sure of anything at this point aside from the new pain in his chest. Baldirak's breath became ragged, he gasped some. The rock still lodged in his side kept any air from escaping, but now it added to the pain he already had from his broken ribs. The EarthWing tried to adjust to this new situation as fast as he could. He didn't expect Seyn to try attacking again, but he didn't like this panicky feeling, like he was being smothered or drowning. This must be what fish feel like when SeaWings hunt them... Baldirak began thinking random thoughts like this, trying to distract himself. After what felt like hours, he was able to breath slightly better. Now he contemplated his final attack.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:30 pm

Inactivity Warning

Hyruu
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:46 pm

Seyn couldn't really do much. He growled as Baldirak's tail coiled around him, hopefully avoiding his ribs. The green dragon had managed to diminish the impact of his attack, but didn't manage to disengage. All the golden dragon now could do was continue to push against Baldirak's wing with his last strength, hoping to end this duel before he could land a last attack.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:57 pm

Fatigue was starting to set in. Baldirak lacked the strength needed to continue using his wing as a buffer against his opponent. He had his hind legs, his breath; he put them to use. As Seyn began to push against his ever-weakening wing, Baldirak brought his left hind leg up, not to rake at the LightWing's side, but to push him back. At the same time--and with a great deal of pain--the EarthWing took a deep breath and opened his maw, firing acid at Seyn's face.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:19 am

Baldirak's wing started to give up. But so was Seyn. The golden dragon continued to push with his very last strength, until Baldirak pushed him away. With him forcing so much on another direction, it didn't take much to make him fall. Seyn only got half a second to see Baldirak taking a last deep breath and understand what was going to happen. He was about to breath acid. At point blank. Directed straight toward his face. There was no way this could end well.
Seyn had a small moment of panic, enough to only focus on surviving this. Right before Baldirak would spit his acid, a bright light appeared, bright enough to momentarily blind him. Seyn quickly moved his head, barely managing to dodge the acid blast. The light subsided, and no sound could be heard acide from the acid reacting on the ground near Seyn.
After this small rush of adrenaline, Seyn was remembered he actually fell and that it wasn't food for his broken ribs. The Golden dragon let out a pained growl, trying to focus on something else than the pain.
"I give up." he simply announced.
The words made the pain in his chest even worse. Seyn coughed up some blood, growling again from the pain it caused.
"Sorry for the light. I really didn't want to take that acid blast." he said.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:04 am

The Earth King found himself blinded before he could actually loose a stream of acid. The vibrations on the ground caused by Seyn's moving allowed Baldirak to figure out the LightWing was still in the same place. He fired then, not knowing if he was still aiming at his face. It all happened rather quickly... and then it was silent. Baldirak could see again, finally, and much to his relief, found that Seyn had dodged the acid. It harmlessly ate at the ground. Then Seyn spoke, just three words: I give up.

Baldirak laid his head down, let his muscles relax as he closed his eyes. He felt relief again, but only because Seyn's yielding meant they could finally leave this treacherous place so unfit for any Dragon that wasn't a child of fire. Baldirak felt sorrow for his opponent. After what felt like hours, perhaps days, the EarthWing slowly rolled onto his stomach, ever wary of the stone that both helped and harmed him. Little regard was shown for his leg; the limb caused him pain daily and having it broken now did nothing to add to it. His tail was a different story, but only the air made its pain worse. He wondered briefly if he might loses a portion of his tail. And then he looked at Seyn, who was apologizing. "It is no trouble. I had hoped for that outcome. Tis why I took so deep a breath.You fought valiantly, Excellency. The LightWings should be honored to have such a protector," he said with a low bow of his head. "I know you are no Full God, but I would make a talisman to honor you, as I have done for the Goddess I follow," he remarked sincerely with a motion to the several talismans around his neck, each made of a different celestial rock, which had miraculously survived the fight. The EarthWing picked up a lava rock nearby. "This would be fitting, don't you think? Can you fly? My wings are weak, but the air currents should allow me to glide us away from this place, to more... solid ground."
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:19 am

Seyn nodded at the Earthwing's compliments. He was controlling his breath not to pant, as this would end up extremely painful with his broken ribs.
"And the Earthwings... should be honored to have such a leader." he replied back, his sentence interrupted by a painful breath. "I will definitely take that as an honor... and I shall also remember our meeting. Ugh, we definitely could use a healer."
He got interrupted as he coughed some blood again. Was his lung punctured? He didn't really know, but in any case it was painful.
"The hot air... should easily bring us away from here. I could use some water..." he replied.
The Golden dragon difficulty stood up, making sure not to make too ample movements. Leaving this place seemed like a wonderful idea, and if they could get a healer on their way it would be really nice. Seyn definitely could use one, and so was Baldirak with this stone pushed inside his flank.

((Shall we move this discussion to another topic))
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkhor Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:10 am

Bald Wins

Moving to the semis
Arkhor
Arkhor
God of Life and Seas
God of Life and Seas

Male Leo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2