Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

The Lord's return (private with Tenebris)  Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

The Lord's return (private with Tenebris)  Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

The Lord's return (private with Tenebris)

2 posters

Go down

The Lord's return (private with Tenebris)  Empty The Lord's return (private with Tenebris)

Post by Hyruu Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:13 am

Loque was in his office, working on a document. Everything was silent except for the scratching of his claw on the paper. The office was dimly lit, only lightened by a few candles. Of course there was a window on the other side of the room, but the sun had already set. The black dragon sighed, dipping his claw in the ink pot next to the paper. It was already late, and he wasn't done on his work yet.
At this moment someone knocked to his door. Surprised, Loque saw a guard opening the door.
"Lord Tenebris has returned, sir. He is on his way to the Refuge. I thought you'd like to know this." the guard announced.
Loque stood up instantly at the mention. Finally Tenebris was back! It had been months since he left the Nightwing territory, for reasons he had refused to tell. What had he been up to all this time? Maybe Loque would get an answer.
"Alright. Thank you for notifying me." Loque relied to the guard.
The other dragon bowed and quickly left the room, returning to his duties. The young Magistrate also left the room, heading toward the Refuge's main hall. He then sat down, waiting for his mentor to make his appearance.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

The Lord's return (private with Tenebris)  Empty Re: The Lord's return (private with Tenebris)

Post by Tenebris Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:26 pm

The return flight wasn't as convenient as Tenebris could of hoped, the wind currents were fighting against him as he flew closer to his destination, yet over the sea approaching a storm brought forth the potent smell of salt from the sea water why the waves seemed to begin an endless onslaught of merciless war against the rocky plateau of Shadow's Refuge, perhaps it was all a sign, a harbinger of the coming days.
Even as the rain beat against his onyx hide why he fought the wind Tenebris had an expression of fulfilment across his maw as if he were a conquering hero. Some may of realised the Lords departure by now throughout the Empire but none knew the true gravity of his leave or the chain reaction what would come of his actions. The pieces were now set, and the game would truly soon begin.
Descending into the Citadel's courtyard, he landed with as much dignity and grace that the elements would allow, and he began his stride forward towards his home. Knowing that no doubt the watchers and guards would of seen and felt his approach it came to no surprise as the archway opened up as he entered into the Grand atrium.
Tenebris released a sign of satisfaction under his breath at the internal joy he received at returning home, his eyes trailed over the draconic architecture as if first gazing upon the sight, it was only then that he noticed Loque and a few other attendants in the hall. A warm smile spread across his visage as he strode forward, lowing his head as a sign of respect and mutual acknowledgement to Loque.
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

The Lord's return (private with Tenebris)  Empty Re: The Lord's return (private with Tenebris)

Post by Hyruu Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:18 pm

Loque couldn't help but let out a small smile as Tenebris entered the hall. Judging by the smile stretching his maw, Tenebris seemed happy to be home again. Even though, such a smile was unusual from him. Whatever the reason behind his absence had been, it had been successful. Loque slightly lowered as well, greeting the black dragon.
"Welcome back, Tenebris. Should I guess your business has been successful?" Loque greeted him.
This wasn't the most formal greeting ever, but Loque wasn't known for his attachment for titles. Which went both sides, actually.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:29 pm

Tenebris came to a halt just before Loque, giving a hearty laugh in reply despite the idea of him doing so feeling unnatural and awkward coming from his dignified foreboding appearance.
"Indeed so my friend, my visit to the Firewing Kingdom has been most fortuitous to all Nightwings". Only now as the words fell rhythmically from his tongue did Tenebris make it apparent just where he had been.
His eyes ran over Loque as he internally pondered, finally as his smile faded to his more signature stoic look did he break away from his musings "I hope the gravity of your position here hasn't been to straining, I imagine we have much to speak of. Both of the internal affairs here and the foreign news I carry".
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:05 pm

Loque was surprised when Tenebris mentioned being in the Firewing Kingdom. This showed on his expression, despite trying to hide it. What could Tenebris have done in such a remote location ? The black dragon suddenly realized that whatever had happened, it would change the face of the Nightwing Empire drastically. Also, that laugh. Never had Loque seen Tenebris laughing before this very moment. Yeah, something big was definitively about to happen.
The Magistrate managed to regain his composure at about the same time as Tenebris.
"It has been straining indeed, and to be honest I could use some holidays right now. I somehow have a feeling I will not get this chance however. It seems I will not be the one to have the most to tale, though. Should we head to a more intimate place for this discussion ? And maybe you would also like to get dinner after your trip." Loque suggested.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:42 pm

As Loque spoke, Tenebris nodded thoughtfully. Only now did it occur to Tenebris the weight he had thrust upon Loque in his absence, even with the paramount and importance of the task he had given the young Drake and he was just that, young and inexperienced yet he fulfilled his tasks whole heartedly with purpose.
As Loque finished Tenebris realised just how long he'd gone without prey or general food, he had a habit of accidentally going without meals due to be consumed in work or preoccupied and thus was relived when Loque spoke of a meal. "Indeed, lets. I won't lie I would adlre a meal while we discuss".
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:27 pm

Loque nodded as Tenebris mentioned being hungry. Himself was also hungry considering it was almost time for dinner, but Tenebris probably didn't get much to eat during his journey. Leading the way, he headed toward the main dining room of the Refuge. The dining room was featuring an impressive table that could host a large dozen of dragons, and that was if they were tall dragons. It could probably hold twice as many dragons of a more normal size. The table was sturdy, made of refined ebony wood. Tapestries with a dominant of black and silver linings ornamented the walls, finishing to give the dining room a fine impression.
However Loque didn't stop in that room. Instead, he went to one of the side eating rooms that was next to the kitchens. These rooms were more simple, smaller in size with tables made of rough wood and bare stone walls. They were visibly made for two dragons, four at most. The guards and maybe a few lower ranked Scholars working at the refuge probably were the ones using those rooms, the most important Scholars and the other Magistrates using the main room.
"Would you please wait here for a minute ? I'm going to see if we can have dinner sooner than dinner time." he told Tenebris.
Loque then headed inside the kitchen. The cook was already preparing the meals, since the dinner time was close.
"Hey. I know it's a bit early since it's not dinner time yet, but would it be possible to have dinner for two soon ?" he asked.
The cook nodded to the young Magistrate.
"Sure, Loque ! I already heard about the Lord's return, so I already have something that is ready in a few minutes."
"Great ! I'll be in the room nearby, like usual. Thanks !" he smiled to the cook.
The black dragon left the kitchen, getting back in the room in which Tenebris was. He was about to sit at the table when he realized something.
"Dinner will be ready in a few minutes. Would you rather sit in the main dining room ?" he inquired, tilting his head.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:07 pm

Tenebris had viewed the features and architecture of his hallways a hundred times over yet found himself in awe of it all the same as if a hatchling first setting its eyes upon dawns light. Tenebris wasn't surprised when Loque lead him into the servant staff eating quarters. Humility was a trait Tenebris respected and Loques modesty and humble bearings are what made him radiate compared to the rest of the magistrates under Tenebris.
Tenebris nodded solemnly to Loque as he watched the young Drake head into the Kitchens, personally Tenebris had eaten very rarely with the others of Shadows Refuge, it wasn't out of scorn or arrogance only that Tenebris preferred his solitude when he indulged in his meals. His meals were usually his own our brought outside of his private chambers, only exchanging compliments and pleasantries with the Kitchen staff when nessecary.
None the less, Tenebris welcomed a chance to speak with Loque and the small room was far more comfortable for him than the grand hall. As Loque emerged back into the room Tenebris regarded him with a minor smile of satisfaction before he opened his maw to reply "Here will be perfect, it suits our purpose", finishing he gracefully manoeuvred himself to a place around the simple timber table, lowering to a sitting position.
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:07 am

Loque nodded in acknowledgement and sat at the other side of the table, in front of Tenebris. The setting was extremely informal compared to what one would expect from a Magistrate and the Grand Vizir himself, but none of the concerned ones actually seemed to care about that. After a few seconds, Loque engaged the talking.
"Alright. So, what was the reason behind your visit to the Firewings?" he directly asked, getting straight to the topic.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:26 am

Tenebris regarded Loque with a thoughtful expression as he spoke, Tenebris may of been malicious with his patience but even he was delighted for Loque to press straight to the point. There was a sum of exhilaration in Tenebris what he was able to hide behind his stoic expression but his eyes were bold and passionate like an azure flames. "Well, I sought a audience with the monarch of the Tribe believe it or not", pausing Tenebris's soft cultured voice didn't falter as he gave a moment for his words to register. "Me and her eminence Keninia spoke at length about several issues what are currently inflicting our species as a whole". Watching intently with his ever apathetic regal expression Tenebris awaited and watched Loques reaction as he himself maintained a desire to continue.
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:01 pm

Loque remained attentive as Tenebris began to explain the reasons behind his trip. He wasn't that surprised when he mentioned meeting Kenina, barely blinking once. It wasn't that surprising that Tenebris had aimed to speak with the leaders themselves, the opposite would have been more intriguing. How he actually managed to get past all the guards and the bureaucracy was another matter, though. Well, knowing Tenebris, his speech would do the trick.
"Her Highness Kenina, Queen of the Firewings. Mmh. Then what are those issues you talked about ? And I also fail to understand why this had to remain absolutely secret. A diplomatic trip isn't that much of a surprising event. Unless some of those issues didn't concern the whole dragon species, of course." the black dragon replied.
His look remained concentrated as he waited for the rest of the explanation.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:54 am

Tenebris admired Loques interest and this was portrayed in reply by a callous wolfish grin what spread across Tenebris's maw, his craned neck gave him a foreboding presence as he slightly leaned towards Loque as if about to whisper, yet his words were domineering and proud as ever "His Imperial Majesty was a topic most note worthy, his state craft has crippled us in regards to our foreign policy. The FireWings are mean't to be our allies yet our relationship is strained and the cause of this cancer what inflicts our Tribe or rather Empire is none other than our illustrious Emperor himself". It was well known among Tenebris's closest companions that he had no particular love for Oculus yet he hadn't stated as boldly as he did now, be that from a new found confidence due to his expedition to the FireWing lands or something else was open for interpretation .
Laying his right forepaw on the table he tapped his ink stained talons as if musing to himself for a brief moment in silence before continuing "Oculus has set aside far too much of his own special time to humiliate himself in public. His aggressive expansion into Rogue territory has already caused an international incident and now all the Tribe's of Pyyria are volatile with high tensions. Queen Kenina just reassured my own assumptions that the days of our tyrant liege must come to an end for the greater good of all, not just for the sake of our own kin.".
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:53 am

The only thing that betrayed Loque's surprise was him raising his eyebrows. Having already talked with Tenebris about Occulus, he knew the Grand Vizir had a poor opinion of the Emperor - and Tenebris for sure knew so did Loque. After all, it was after a discussion about this topic that Loque became a Magistrate. But until then, Tenebris had tolerated him. Hearing him saying his reign should end was something new. A coup d'état. Tenebris was thinking about becoming the next Emperor of the Nightwings.
"Ah... This would explain that. However, plotting against Occulus ? How are you going to do so with your promise on Astral's name not to conspire against him ?" he only asked.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:29 pm

Maintaining his impassive wolfish smile Tenebris seemed indifferent as he took in Loques words, his ethereal eyes never faltering from Loque all the while. "I can tell you now to satisfy any doubts, I have no intention to bring about a civil war or plot an assassination. In recent years we as a species have lingered on the expanse of discord and chaos. No matter how much of a righteous goal it may be, I refuge to bring about any more anarchy to our kin". Tenebris then took a deep sigh to steady himself, blinking over the period of a few seconds. "Be that as it may however I swore an oath of loyalty to the  Dragons of the NightWing Tribe, my brothers and sisters. Before anything is declared I will see to it that the Kingdom is represented before any action continues. I will call a congress to Shadows Refuge. The end of the talks will determine if we need to establish a provisional government and abolish the seat of Emperor, for the good of all".
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:51 pm

Loque slightly nodded as Tenebris explained what he had in mind. An event like this would be the best way to weaken Oculus's hold on the throne without causing a major civil war or other bloodshed. He still had in mind the ambiance among the Nightwings when Oculus first took the throne, when the risk of a civil war was present. Hopefully it didn't happened, and hopefully it wouldn't happen again. This time, however, as a Magistrate he would be able to act and prevent it.
"A congress. That sounds like the best way to act without destabilizing the whole Empire. But also the most obvious one. That's a direct attack against him. You may not wish to bring any further anarchy to the kingdom... but some may not be that careful about it." he replied, frowning.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down