Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

At Arms - private for Baldirak - Page 2 Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

At Arms - private for Baldirak - Page 2 Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

At Arms - private for Baldirak

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

At Arms - private for Baldirak - Page 2 Empty At Arms - private for Baldirak

Post by Rii Rii Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

(note to self, this is dated before the nightwing invasion thread and after her thread with Adair)

Her time with Adair had left a bittersweet taste in Rii's mouth. How she longed to just give herself to the life style that he lived so easily. Living with a group, a tribe as the dragons around here called them, had long since tempted Rii. The benefits far outweighed the problems that could occur while living in a group, and logically Rii could understand why so many chose to live together. In her heart she wished that she too could cozy up to a group of friends and sleep without a worry in the world.

The bleached skull in her front right claw reminded the women of how friends and family could become traitorous in a split second. The skull felt smooth and cold against her sharp claws and diamond shaped scales. Rii still knew in the back of her head that there were good dragons out there. Like Adair, and herself, others did exist who could be trusted. For some reason though, it was damn hard for the she dragon to embolden herself and try to join a tribe. She just couldn't get her scaly hide near another dragon patrolling the borders. She was just too afraid of the future.

So instead the female was gliding over a particularly nice area of land that she had not been to before. The endless deep blue sea glittered in the bright sunshine while very white wispy clouds stretched across the horizon. The remainder of the sky was saturated in a soft light blue hue that matched Rii's worried gaze. The females own deep blue scales glittered metallic green in the sunlight as she winged her way over the landscape looking for a meal.

Little did she know that Rii was flying between firewing and seawing territory.

The tall trees and rocky outcrops made Rii think of mountain goats and steppe inhabiting creatures. No dinosaurs decided to grace her view today as Rii lowered herself closer to the earth. The dragon skimmed over the tops of the trees before spotting a great irish elk. The creature was massive, and its horns spread over its head like great branches of a mighty tree. Still, it was just the right size to make for an easy to catch meal.

The animal saw her coming and ran for the forest. Rii kept tabs on its movements through the sparse trees and rocky landscape. Eventually she lowered swooping towards the giant deer to nip at its hind end with her teeth an fangs. Then the woman backed off of the animal to let it tire itself out. She whisked through the trees before landing heavily on three and a half legs. With the tiny dragon skull clutched in her front claw, Rii then slowly followed the scent trail left by the elk. Her venom should be working soon enough. First it would slow down the creature, then the elk would fall and slip into a coma until she found it.

Once the dragon female found her prey sleeping at the edge of a large rocky outcrop, Rii dipped her head down to pick up the creatures head and neck gently before snapping the bones between her teeth. The elk, as did 99% of her prey, died peacefully and quickly in its sleep. The female glanced around looking and smelling for danger, but all she could sense were other animals watching her from the forest. Then at her leisure Rii began to eat.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

http://www.tribalcorn.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

At Arms - private for Baldirak - Page 2 Empty Re: At Arms - private for Baldirak

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:16 am

"Well, hello just Rii and nothing else. I'm Rock." He laughed lightly at his little joke and sat next to one of the forges currently in use. He noticed that Rii seemed to like it here, or at the finished projects on the wall. "So, in case it wasn't obvious, this is where we make all of our armor, special requests like jewelry, things like that." Rock decided to let Rii roam around here while he checked on his own order. He stood and moved over to another forge where grumpy-looking Vulcan for the third time today informed the Scout that his armor wasn't ready yet.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

At Arms - private for Baldirak - Page 2 Empty Re: At Arms - private for Baldirak

Post by Rii Rii Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:17 pm

Rii gave him a little smile as Rock tried to joke with her. She didn't find it that funny, but it was only polite to smile back as if it had been slightly amusing to her. Then she resumed gazing at a particularly well made helmet that gleamed reflecting the fiery embers of the forge that Rock sat next to.

When he began to bother a nearby vulcan working on a piece of armor that looked like it might be for a dragons torso Rii began to truly laugh. It seemed as though Rock had often come to ask about his armor for the other dragon to be so annoyed with him. The annoyed but easy going nature of the two dragons lulled her into feeling a bit more secure about her surroundings. She chuckled as Rock came back towards her.

I wonder if you know a dragon named Levish? He looked to be like me, an earthwing firewing hyrbid. Though I don't particularly like dirtying up my scales by sleeping in a volcano like he was. Rii commented lightly before moving towards the vulcan to peer over his shoulder at the work he was doing. The torso armor was barely even melded into the right shape yet, but other finished pieces to his right that had not been polished attracted her wandering eye. There was a ton of intricate work done on those pieces despite not being polished clean yet.

You're work is amazing sir. She stared at the nicely shaped metal before glancing at the vulcan as he worked. Even though he didn't answer her the dragon seemed to have a pleased expression on his face. She assumed that he liked her compliment since he wasn't trying to usher her out of the forge.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:32 am

Rock tilted his head a bit at Rii's question. "Levish? Levish... I don't know him personally, but I know of him. He's not here, though. No one has seen him in years." Rock walked back over to the tunnel. "Come on," he said with a flick of his tail before leaving the forges. Back in the main chamber, he turned to his right, toward one of the pools. There was a tunnel near it that led to the healing chamber... eventually. The two would have to walk down a series of tunnels. As they did, Rock realized it was a good thing everyone knew how to navigate this expansive system. "So, Rii, what's it like being a Rogue?" the Scout asked with curiosity.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:26 pm

Rii begins to follow Rock back out into the hall. She dipped her head in farewell to the vulcan before departing though, and surprisingly the woman spotted a small wave goodbye come from the grouchy fire user. Then she followed Rock by a pool that glistened in the shadows. Thirst nagged at her for a moment but she ignored the urge to drink for now. First she wanted to see where her guardian was taking her.

Eventually they made their way down what seemed like a maze of tunnels. They had not yet reached the healing den before Rock asked her about living as a rogue. She cast her eyes downwards to the earth, debating on how to answer his question.

It's very lonely mostly. She replied softly at first. Then she glanced in front of her to make sure not to step on anything or trip. When I was very young it was mostly painful. I always got hurt and there was nobody around to help. I didn't know how to live alone at first, but then as time went on it got easier. the blue female gazed at the torches along the walls that lit the way down into the tunnels.

I barely survived through my younger years, but the last 5 or so years have been better. I have learned to love this life as much as I might have loved my old one. The freedom is the best thing about it, but there are many negatives that come with living as a rogue. Her words drifted off as Rii inhaled the bittersweet scents of herbs up ahead. The she dragon had learned only a few useful herbs over her years living alone. Ergot, lavender, goldenrod, and scrub pine being those she used the most. However the scents her flicking tongue tasted told Rii that they had a hundred or more plants and herbs nearby. All plants that she had no information on.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:29 am

Rock stopped just outside the Healing Chamber to listen to Rii's story. He frowned lightly and shook his head. "I'm sorry to hear that. I knew you Rogue's have it rough out there, but... Well, I guess I didn't think it was that bad." He smiled then and decided to change the subject. "So, ready to see the Healing room? We've got all kinds of herbs and potions, more than any other tribe!" The Scout turned back around and continued on. There were was only one Dragon inside besides the Healers. A Novice Vulcan who's burned his paw.

((I know, it's short.))
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:59 pm

(Mine is equally short)

Rii nodded once as Rock asked whether she was ready to see to healers and their den. She wasn't particularly interested in the healing arts. The only reason she had learned about the herbs Rii already knew was because those had helped her most when she was injured out in the wilderness. She paused for a moment to look at the vulcan and his burn. She was curious to see what the healers would use to help that. Though Rii never really had a problem with burns herself. Flames didn't really do much to her, although she was unsure of whether she could bath in lava safely. The woman had never had a burn before.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:25 pm

The Healer tending to the Vulcan hardly noticed Rock or the outsider he had with him. He was far too busy preparing some lavender. "...Now hold still, will you? You're acting like a Hatchling." The Vulcan nodded and tried to hold back a whimper as he sat still. The Healer applied a lavender salve to the paw and grumbled as his patient roared. "It's a good thing we live here, now. Arkhor help us if the other tribes were to see we've a year too early made a Hatchling into a Vulcan... And a student at that." But the Vulcan didn't hear a word, and if he did, he didn't care. No, he sat there whimpering and cradling his injured paw. The somewhat grouchy Healer walked off to a wall at the back, which held an assortment of herbs. He returned with gotu kola. "Eat some of this twice a day. You might find the taste a bit... exotic, so try it with some meat. I hear deer is best. After a few days--perhaps four with that burn--you can use mud to finish the healing. Come back tomorrow for some more of the salve." As the Vulcan flew off, the Healer finally turned his attention to Rock and the female. "Hello, Rock. Is this the trespasser I heard about? And hello to you, as well, my name's Bjorn." Bjorn, though without a patient, began moving about with some urgency. "Sorry if I seem rushed, these herbs won't sort themselves."
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:22 pm

Rii scented at the air with her long tongue flicking outwards towards the healer and vulcan. The herb she tasted was very odd. It smelled a bit like the tea that some humans liked to drink, but as the healer gave the plant to the vulcan she recognized it.

It was something she had seen her mother?? Or maybe her father use once. She knew the plants name as Akiit, but obviously the dragons here called it something else. Or maybe she had had the wrong name for it the whole time. Either way, Rii tried to remember the taste, scent, and sight of the plant as well as its uses. It was always good to learn of new medicinal plants when you were a loner. Even if they wouldn't help yourself, you never knew when you'd run into someone who could use help. Loners often tried to gain favors by helping one another. Though whether they would abide by that moral code was hit or miss. It all depended on the dragon.

She also knew of lavender, but did not know what it was being used for by these dragons. She cocked her head to one side then flicked her gaze onto the healer as he regarded her with a less than interested greeting. Rii let a puff of smoke filter through her nose but did not give the dragon any rude or otherwise annoyed comments. Instead she dipped her head gracefully in a polite nod of greeting and respect. It is good to meet you fine healer. My name is Rii. She said with not a hint of annoyance in her voice.

Bjorn was it? What does the lavender that you gave the boy do? I only know it as a nice smelling flower. She asked curiously. She also wondered who this Arkhor was, but kept that question to herself in order to ask Rock later.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:03 pm

Bjorn rearranged herbs, gathered some in bundles. "Fine Healer? Well, yes, I suppose I am the best there is. Rii, is it? Interesting name. So why were you trespassing? You don't see we EarthWings traipsing onto your territory." The Healer paused in his organizing to look at Rii when she asked about lavender. Turning around, he walked over to where she and Rock stood. "We use lavender to treat burns. Use it in a salve and it prevents infection. And its smell is calming." Meanwhile, Rock wandered over to the back.

"Aren't you always saying you need help around here, Bjorn?" the Scout asked casually. "And you could be nicer. She may be a Rogue , but she's still half EarthWing."
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:48 pm

Rii sat patiently listening to the healer's answer as well as his questions. She took no offense to his tone of voice, though the woman was debating on giving him some smart retort back. In the end she decided not to push her limits with the earthwings. There were too many around her and it was clear that she wasn't getting away or near an exit anytime soon.

Firstly, if I did keep a territory I would have my borders marked in some way or form. You earthwings were totally hidden to me, so I had no way of knowing that you lived beneath the earth that I was trying to dig a den into. I would mark my territory either by scorched trees or with the skulls of my prey and enemies hung up on the branches around my land. She smiled devilishly at the thought and image of animal skulls decorating the tree branches like her very own christmas trees.

Secondly, I would not purposefully traipse over another dragons territory without a seriously good reason. Say I see a hatchling in distress. Then I would cross to help. Otherwise I would never break that law. She pinned the healer with a glare before turning her gaze back to the herbs lining the den. It was a fantastic array to be sure. She repeated the uses for lavender in her head a few dozen times so that she could recall it at a later date if she needed it.

Thirdly, I don't keep territory anyway. I wander the land, because I don't have a home. She offered up this bit of information before looking to see what Rock was doing. He seemed to be interested in having her work with the healer. Or at least that's what she mused out by his words. Then again he could be talking about some other dragon. It's not like she had any real skills healing.

Honestly Rii wouldn't mind working with the the stubborn looking healer. She felt that he might give her a couple of laughs as they tried to argue with each other over who knows what.

Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:24 pm

Bjorn halted his work to listen to Rii. By the time she finished, the Healer had a new patient to work on. "Yes, well, to place markers would give away our location. And that would defeat the purpose of hiding. Although, I suppose it is wrong to punish you. But to be fair, you did nearly breach our tunnels... So conflicting, this matter. Oh, butt I'm sure our King will make the right choice. And Rock, are you suggesting I take Rii under my wing?" The Healer turned his attention back to his patient, a Hatchling who had been playing on the surface and gotten a thorn in her paw. He smiled and distracted her with a story while he pulled out the thorn.

Rock looked at the two then at Rii. "Well, I just figured--if she's going to be around awhile--Rii might like something to do. You know, so she doesn't feel like a prisoner or something."
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:03 pm

Rii nodded silently as the healer answered then glanced to Rock to see what he had to say. The hatchling that came in groaning and whining she kept an eye on with her peripherals while listening to Rock's voice. He guessed right, she did want something to do, because if she sat around in her room all day with her watchmen keeping an eye on her Rii would go mad. Perhaps doing something will keep me from noticing any guards keeping an eye on me. She figured then rolled her gem-like gaze back to the healer and gave him a quaint smile.

I would not be unhappy working along side a master healer. Perhaps I'll learn something during my stay. She dipped her head once respectfully before looking squarely at the youngster. The woman dare not move closer to the child for fear of stepping over any invisible boundaries her guardian Rock or the healer had. Rii knew that many dragons were very protective of their children and she did not wish to be nipped or growled at. Instead she looked at the hatchling from a distance while her tongue flicked at the air. The iron filed smell of blood tinged the air making Rii wrinkle her nose. The thorn was not even deeply embedded, and little blood pooled around the tiny wound, but to her super sense of taste and smell it was almost as if the whole room were flooded by blood.

That was why she could track her prey so well after injecting it with venom. Thanks to her long snake-like forked tongue.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:05 am

Bjorn placed a dab of mud on the Hatchling's paw then set her on her way. He then went back to tidying. "And I suppose I wouldn't mind having a student to pass my knowledge on to."

Rock smiled to himself then stood and walked over to Rii. "Well, we better be going. I have to show Rii where she'll be sleeping." With that, the Scout walked out of the room and down the tunnel. Once again, he led Rii to the main chamber of the Haven, but this time seemed to be leading her to the surface. And indeed he did lead her outside through the cave they'd gone in at. He went left from there, to a tunnel entrance that was a quarter mile away in the forest. Rock wasn't supposed to be doing this, of course, but for some reason he trusted that Rii wouldn't take advantage and get away. He felt that she would continue to follow him. So not once did he look over his shoulder to make sure she was. When he reached the tunnel, he flew in, landed at the bottom and waited for Rii to land beside him.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:36 pm

Rii followed the earthwing out of the medicinal den shortly after bidding the healer farewell. She followed unsure of where he was taking her now. That little voice in the back of her head was still jabbering on in disbelief at how cordial the dragons were treating her. Even though she was a rogue, even though they knew nothing of her; the dragons almost seemed to welcome her into their giant home. Rii could almost feel at peace here if she wasn't so afraid that they would try to kill her in her sleep. It was nice to be a part of and see something so good again. Though the tribe wasn't exactly how her family had lived. There was more excitement here, and more team work going on with these dragons. Her parents had only really worked together to raise their young. Other than that they mainly kept to themselves. Or at least that was how she remembered them. It was quite possible that time had warped her memories of them.

Rii was careful to make sure that the skull in her paw was facing outwards so that its empty eye sockets could peer out at the new world around them. For a moment she wondered how happy the little hatchling would be right now; being around so many others.

Then they were heading away from everyone else. He led her out of the big main caverns where the tribe lay. Then they traveled for a short while to a place away from the ruckus of the busy earthwing tribe. Immediately Rii went back on guard shifting her tail closer and keeping her toils tight in case she needed to fight off someone. Not knowing why her guard wasn't keeping a closr eye on her, Rii followed at a distance. She continued to be led by Rock into a den that was rather cozy looking, and when they slowed readying to stop Rock then dove into the den. He landed at the bottom of the entrance as she perched by the edge.

Wasn't he supposed to be taking me to where I would sleep? she thought quietly wondering why the male seemed to be messing with her.

I'll be sleeping here? She tossed the question at him narrowing her eyes onto the males form still waiting for him to pull out a trick from under his scales or something. ...and you'll be sleeping with me as a guard I suppose?? She then turned her chin upwards a little peeved at the idea of having to sleep so close to a strange male. Though she would understand the reasoning of why he had to stay with her. Since his king had commanded that he stay with her she figured that he had no choice.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Haneul Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:44 am

Rock pointed to the end of the tunnel. "You can build a den there. This tunnel isn't connected to the rest of the system. I thought you would want to be away from everyone else, at least until you get used to being here." The Scout then heard the rest of Rii's question and cleared his throat nervously. "Uh, no. Well I-I mean, not in the den with you. I would just be out in the tunnel."
Haneul
Haneul
SkyWing Guardian
SkyWing Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:40 am

Rii nodded slowly as he explained that she could come and go to this cave and make her den within it. However that did not settle the suspicion she held for the other dragons. Everything just seemed too good to be true. Nobody was attacking her, but welcoming her instead. They were giving the slender snake-like dragon her own place to settle into all the while allowing her to meet and chat with members of their tribe. It was just so weird and different to her. Rii would have to take the time to think about what was going on. She gave him a smile then slid down the side of the cave to the floor casting sharp stones and pebbles across the ground. She then stood there gazing into the deep darkness of the cave welcoming its soft embrace on her keen eyes.

Turning to hear the earthwing out a little longer, Rii was glad to hear that he would be sitting just outside the tunnel. Of course they wouldn't trust her to be alone in here, but at least he wasn't going to be snuggling up near her. Well go on.. Out you. I want to digest some of this meal in peace for a while... and relax a tiny bit by my lonesome. she added the last bit within her mind not voicing it aloud. Her shooing of him was said jokingly with a half smile on her maw while she flicked her tail at him a few times.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:35 pm

Rock nodded, returning the smile before leaving the tunnel. He made his way to another tunnel entrance nearby--which was connected to the system--to continue his patrols.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:31 pm

-24 hours pass-

Rii had tried to sleep for a short time during the night. She had her claws and tail spikes coated in venom just in case somebody tried to mess with her. However her nerves were still too frayed and the she dragon couldn't get to sleep. She was able to digest enough that flight was now possible, but ideally the woman would stay hidden for a few days to completely digest her meal. Especially when the meal had pointy bones, antlers, or horns.

Ahhh.. I wonder if I can go grab a drink..
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:05 pm

Rock was not in the tunnel. He was above ground in the forest nearby, hidden from sight as he watched for Dragons. The Scout usually loved surface duty, as it gave him a chance to get fresh air. But on this particular morning, it decided to rain--and Rock hated rain. But this was no ordinary rain. This was a fine mist, the sort that clung to one's scales and seeped into their hide, leaving them cold and wet. No amount of shaking would fling the water off--what did seemed to be replaced instantly. And what irritated the EarthWing most was the canopy above him. The fine rain collected on the leaves, but snowballed, growing in size as gravity pushed it along. By the time it reached the leaf's edge, it was a normal-sized droplet, and that droplet plummeted onto Rock's head. Every minute or so, a single, cold water droplet hit him in the same place on his head. He found it incredibly irritating, as if he'd somehow angered the God of Fortune, and this was to be his punishment. He oft wondered if this was so, for every time this sort of rain fell, he just happened to be on surface patrol. No one else... The EarthWing sighed and stood to stretch before moving on to the next section of forest. Three more to go, 1 hour each, and the mist showed no sign of stopping.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:03 am

Slinking slowly out of the mouth of the cave the she dragon then paused and sniffed at the air. Then her long tongue flickered out tasting the fine mists that coated the land in cloud. Water would be easy to find today, with how moist the atmosphere was Rii was sure to find a puddle nearby. She moved then, slowly like a snake not even using her legs to slide down onto the ground. Tasting the air for danger and other earthwings she then started forward.

Her claws scraped at the mud making her snort in disgust. Rii would have to clean up well once she got back to the den. Soon though both the scent of Rock and the scent of two other earthwings came to her tongue and nose. Rock was closer, while the other two she could only taste the trails along the earth from them. Soon she was able to taste more water, which in turn led the dragon to a clear stream. Rii took her time drinking from the stream as she listened and looked around for danger.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:54 am

The Earth King sat practically in the open. Unlike Rock, the misty rain didn't bother him at all. Baldirak sang quietly, his tail wrapped around the many talismans around his neck. Where exactly the King sat depended on patrol reports from the Scouts, but this was how he spent his mornings. His pale eyes opened to the sound of an eagle's cry. He looked around and eventually saw one of his sibling's giant eagles flying around in the distance. Circling around some prey, no doubt. And then he noticed Rii, who was heading in the direction of a stream nearby. He wondered how she was getting along here.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:46 am

The bluish green woman might have been getting muddy claws and legs, but she had to admit that the misty droplets of water forming over her scales made them glitter beautifully despite the low light conditions beneath the forest canopy. She drank her fill as the breeze changed directions bringing even more scents to her keen senses. She could smell at least four other dragons far off, one which she found familiar. The earth king must have been out and about this morning just like she was. Rii debated on approaching the king, but then decided not to. She didn't want to offend anyone or cause some disturbance by chatting with the king without some formal invitation.

So instead she turned back around and headed for Rock. Curious as to what the guardian was doing, Rii figured that he wouldn't mind her tagging along. Walking some would help her digest a bit.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:08 pm

Rock had just seated himself in the next area of his patrol section, when he felt the earth rumbling. The Scout recognized it immediately as Rii. He focused on his job until the rumbling became more noticeable and he could even smell the Dragoness. When she was in sight, he stood, shaking the annoying water from his scales before waving. "Hi, Rii. What brings you over here?"
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii Rii Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:24 pm

Just wondering what you are doing... Good morning by the way. Rii paused now giving the male plenty of space for himself before looking around at the land he had been observing. Rain coated everything in a shiny slick sheen which made the area quite attractive to look at. Rii loved shiny things, which is why she liked gemstones and metals so much. Remembering her unprotected horde of rocks and minerals hidden in rogue territory, Rii made a mental note to go check on it. She didn't want anyone stealing her stash.

Another day or so and I'll be able to fly and run fast again. Eating creatures with sharp horns or antlers whole isn't the best idea for somebody like me when doing so impedes my ability to get away from predators. I've got you guys from the earthwing tribe to thank for letting me stay in this safe place until well.. whenever you let me leave.. Ri shifted then letting her full belly rest on the ground along with the rest of her serpentine body.
Rii Rii
Rii Rii

Female Aries Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:20 am

"Oh. Good morning," Rock replied as went back to surveying the land before him. The Scout half listened as she spoke about her ability to move around after a meal. It occurred to him then that he hadn't actually noticed how snake-like Rii was. Still looking at everything but the Dragoness, Rock tilted his head in curiosity. He wondered what it would be like, being unable to move very fast or even fly after a big meal. By now, Rii had finished speaking, and Rock commented on her last sentence. "Oh, I'm meant to tell you, the King would like to see you sometime today. Around this time or evening would be good. He's usually not very busy then. I think he's still out here..."
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next