Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

A new dawn Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

A new dawn Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

A new dawn

5 posters

Go down

A new dawn Empty A new dawn

Post by Hyruu Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:48 pm

Hyruu yawned as the sunlight reached his eyes, awaking him. The grey dragon got out of the hole he had been sleeping in and stretched his limbs. He couldn't help but admire the dawn. The sunlight was special here, not like anything he had seen before. After all, it was the first time Hyruu was admiring a dawn in the Dazzling Jungle. The young dragon had arrived there the day before, the end of a long trip which had started from his previous temporary territory. But this time was special. This time, he had entered the territory of the tribe he originally belonged to. Hyruu had no idea why he wasn't born there in the first place. This jungle was leaving him a strange feeling, as if his body knew he was belonging there. Well at least he wouldn't have a hard time feeling at home.

Now his priority was to meet the members of the tribe. Until then he had been living solitary, so he didn't really know about all the customs a tribe could have. What would be the best way to approach them without offending anyone ? Hyruu didn't have a single clue. The grey dragon took off in the sky, and slowly circled about the area. Maybe he would spot someone, or someone would spot him. Even though he was quite small, he should be quite visible in the sky.

Last edited by Hyruu on Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

A new dawn Empty Re: A new dawn

Post by Vale Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:04 pm

A heavy pounding came from...underneath?... a large-massive-tree not far from the main area of the palace. Close enough to be heard, but far anough that the source of the poundng wouldn't be disturbed too often.
The soot-stained dragoness lifted the tool she was using out of the forge, before studying it, and dunking it into the small pool in the back of the cave under the tree. The large red salamander-like creatures immediately dove into the now steaming water, but stayed away from the sharpe edge of the blade. She set what she was using to hold it on the rim of the pool, while the blade was point-down in the surprisingly deep pocket of water, held in place by the steel rod she had made specially for that purpose, then turned her attention to the second fire she had burning and picked the metal bucket holding the now-molten glass out of the roaring flames, before using a different metal rod to start shaping the rapidly cooling glass. Vale was an expert multitasker. The glass had beena request from one of the healers, and she had been quite intrigued by it as well. she could work with metal with ease, and occassionally used gemstones, but glass was a new challenge. And she had eagerly jumped into the task. This was the second batch of motlen metal-the first was ruined after her being startled by a roar, which ahd come from the returning Lightwing Leader-and her third attempt at shaking it. One of the red salamander like creatures pulled itself onto the rock shelf she used to work on, though he was different, with distinct blue markings. He watched her attempt to mold the heavy glass, as the flames reflected on his dark eyes. When it had cooled to the point where the salamaner could touch it-which was still very hot-she turned to it.
"Blaze, try and smooth this out."
The creature turned to the glass and began winding his smooth body carefully around the glass, as it cooled, his smooth form removed the rough edges, and vale finally picked up the half-way solid form, and dunked it quickly into the water with her paw, before lifting a-while still rough-complete and functioning jar-looking container. She smirked. It had worked.
Vale
Vale
LightWing Vulcan
LightWing Vulcan

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:56 am

(Ugh shouldn't have decided to do that in parallel to the other post... Now I'm caught in a time paradox >< I'll modify a bit the first post, otherwise Hyruu couldn't have known you before.
By the way, do we have somewhere a more detailed description of the palace ? Because so far I don't know anything apart the fact it's a palace...)

Hyruu's ears twitched when he heard a pounding coming from a distance. The grey dragon turned his head toward the direction it was coming from, finally noticing the palace. Curious, he glided toward this direction, still trying to pinpoint the pounding he still was hearing.
The grey dragon didn't meet anyone on his way to the palace. Maybe it still was a bit early for the other dragons to have woken up. He continued to follow the pounding sound, but not without observing everything he could see. It was the first time Hyruu could see a palace from that close after all !
Soon enough, the young dragon found himself right above where the sound was coming from. He quickly landed, noticing the opening at the base of the nearest tree. So that was where that sound was coming from. But what could make such a sound ? Hyruu cautiously entered the cave, stopping a moment to let his eyes get accustomed to the dim light.
The dragon was getting closer and closer from the sound. The cave was fairly large, enough for Hyruu to feel quite small. Strangely, the light now was getting brighter and brighter - not as bright as the sun outside, but bright enough to suggest there were several fires lit deeper in the cave. After a last turn, Hyruu finally reached the main room of the cave. Like he had guessed, there were several fires lit there - but what fires were those ! The heat coming from the forge - because that was what it was - greeted him as soon as he entered. But of course the first thing he saw was the dragoness actively working around the different equipment present in the forge. Compared to him, she was huge. She was, what, twice or thrice his own size ? Hyruu made sure not to make a noise, not wanting to disturb the dragoness in her work. The last thing he wanted was to be faced with an angry dragoness of this size. She seemed to be working on a weird substance Hyruu never saw before. The grey dragon observed her movements, waiting for an opportunity to let her know of his presence without surprising her. He got amazed to see she seemed to be doing different things at the same time. Her movements looked like a well-prepared choreography, as if she was dancing with her tools and materials.
A few minutes later, the big dragoness seemed to make a pause, looking at the odd jar-like object she had crafted in this intriguing transparent material. Hyruu gulped, thinking about how he could introduce himself.
"Erm... Hello ?"
Well, that was better than nothing.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Vale Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:13 am

((Don't take offence to Vale's rudeness. Smile She's a sarcastic dragon.))

Vale turned at the sudden voice, and found a very, very small Lightwing looking up at her with almost as large eyes.
She raised an eyebrow at his nervousness, before turning back to the glass and studying it. She didn't look at him as she spoke. "Who are you, why are you in my forge, and what do you want?" She rapped out swiftly, lifting the still-warm glass from the rock shelf with her hand-like paw and studying it carefully.
Vale
Vale
LightWing Vulcan
LightWing Vulcan

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:33 am

Hyruu looked up at the dragoness, feeling even more nervous at her apparent disinterest in him. Uh oh, that wasn't good if he was somehow annoying her...
"Erm, I'm Hyruu. I'm new in the area, and I... well, I just wanted to meet the dragons here..." he clumsily explained. The grey dragon gulped, not sure what he could add to this.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Vale Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:13 am

Vale raised a brow and looked over at him, noticing his discomfort. She snorted slightly, running her special claw over the container. What did the humans call it? A thumb? She was o the few dragons who had control over this particular finer, and it enabled her to work in the with his. "Well, I'm Vale. Lightwing Vulcan. What's you're name, Tiny?" Of course, she could call almost every dragon Tiny, as she was bigger than most dragons. She was even taller than the majority of the Firewings.
Vale
Vale
LightWing Vulcan
LightWing Vulcan

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:17 pm

Hyruu was still feeling a bit nervous, but he was slightly relieved to hear Vale - since this was her name - didn't seem to be hostile and even continued the discussion.
"Well like I said my name's Hyruu. So you're the vulcan... What exactly are you forging right now ? I've never seen such a material before..." he wondered, his curiosity starting to show.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Vale Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:45 pm

The dragoness grunted, setting the glass on the rock counter. She realized she wasn't going to be left aone and hoped the sooner she answered his questions, the faster he would leave. She sighed, turning to the forge, where another batch of the molten glass was waiting. "It's glass. One of healers wanted me to make jars." She replied, looking at the glass. Unsatisfied, she pushed it back into the forge and let loose a blast of pure, white light, super heating the forge. She then turned to the blade she had in the water, and pulled it out, before hefting large hammer looking tool like it was a hatching. It would have been too heavy for mot dragons to attempt to pick up, but her size and bulk made it ease. She brought it down the blade heavily a few times, flattening the metal. She then shoved it back into another forge, another blast of light, and then turned to look at the glass, and proceeded to mold it into a different shape than the previous, looking more like a bottle. Wide at the bottom, and tapering to a thin top.
Vale didn't stop her work for anything. Not even a pesky trainee.
Vale
Vale
LightWing Vulcan
LightWing Vulcan

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:47 am

Hyruu nodded at the answer, still highly curious. Sadly for Vale, her answer only fueled the young dragon's curiosity instead of quenching it. The grey dragon jumped at the border of one of the forges the dragoness wasn't using, watching Vale's every movement. It seemed like Hyruu's curious nature overcame his initial shyness.
The dragon turned his head as one of the salamanders poke its head out of the nearby water pool, looking at the dragon.
"Oh, are those salamanders ? I never saw one of them before... How did you get them to live here ?" he asked.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Vale Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:46 pm

Vale had called Blaze over to smooth the glass again, and he wound his body around the glass-faster at Vale's request-and the glass came out far smoother than the first one. She smirked at this, only to let out a stifled sigh she hoped the trainee couldn't hear over the roar of the flames. She looked over as one of the bright red salamanders-about five feet long, though Blaze was more along the lines of six-crawled out of the still-steaming water, a very content look on its face and its wide, fat tongue sticking out of its mouth slightly. She looked at the trainee, who was watching it with rather wide eyes. She turned back to the second jar as she spoke. "Fire Salamanders. They like hot water and caves. They're super heat-resistant. They showed up after I set up my forge, though there were a few, not many. I think they normally live near hot springs." She answered, picking up the jar and dunking it into the water.
Vale
Vale
LightWing Vulcan
LightWing Vulcan

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiningwater Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:03 pm

((Bump, Hyruu~))
Shiningwater
Shiningwater
Goddess of Emotion
Goddess of Emotion

Female Aquarius Dragon

http://squidkid11.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:54 am

((Oh my, sorry I totally had forgotten... But I fear this is gonna be short-lived unless someone else arrives before Vale throws Hyruu out of her forge XD))

"Oh, so they came by themselves..." he said, still inspecting the salamander.
The grey dragon then looked around him, inspecting the other tools and crafts he could see.
"And apart from jars for the healers, what are you crafting here ?" he asked.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Vale Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:17 pm

((Eh. She prolly won't. She's sarcastic and slightly rude, not mean.))

Vale sighed as the hatchling stayed, and set the jar aside, then listened to his question. A smirk slowly crossed her face, and she reached over to the blade she had put into the forge and grabbed it with her hand-like paw, and whipped around with it, the blad barely missing Hyruu's head. "I also make weapons and armor." She answered after swinging it, then watched for a reaction from him.
Vale
Vale
LightWing Vulcan
LightWing Vulcan

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:19 pm

((Hyruu isn't an hatchling, he's a young adult. He just hasn't been in a tribe before))

Hyruu let out a surprised screech as the blade swung close to his head, not expecting this move at all. After that two things happened at the same time. First, from the surprise, Hyruu's scales instantly changed color, almost perfectly matching the forge behind him. Then, the now camouflaged dragon had the reflex to tilt his body backwards, which proved to be quite hazardous on his perch. With another screech he desperately tried not to fall, but to no avail. Hyruu loudly fell on the ground, his scales still following the background behind him. It wasn't a big fall, not enough to hurt him at least. He rolled back on his belly and stood up, his scales coming back to their usual grey as he let out a small grunt.
"Well that was awkward. So armors and weapons ? I understand for the armors, but... that weapon doesn't really sound that easy to use..." he replied.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Vale Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:01 pm

((I know. But Vale's so big she can call almost anyone that. Smile ))

Vale smirked at the reaction-she didn't enjoy other's pain, but teasing was fun as long as no one got hurt. She then turned to the red hot blade and set to work finishing it and flattening it with the large metal hammer-like-tool. She spoke over the clanging of the metal on metal. "It's easier to use for bigger dragons. Like me." she answered. "but I don't only make swords. I can make armor that has spikes that's much easier to use." she explained, still pounding at the metal as the white-hot slowly faded to a glowing orange. she curled her tail close to her, the dangerous spike-tips drawing close to her side as she attempted to offer more room for the salamanders and hatchling.
Vale
Vale
LightWing Vulcan
LightWing Vulcan

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jansi Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:21 pm

(For those of you who don't know Echo, he's a character I made a while ago. Major timeskip to when he's twenty six Razz)

Within the darkness emerged Echo, his metallic skin vibrating at a soft hyme as he approached the dragons, his eyes narrowing. His metal scales shivered, exposing his blue core. He growled, a low, metallic growl as he watched the dragons go about their business. He didn't really like hanging about the other dragons. But this did seem to be a gathering of all the Vulcans of the LightWings, so he was obliged to join, against his better judgement. Snorting, he stepped out of the darkness like a mysterious sillohete. He watched the two with keen interest, before approaching them.

"Hello Vale, Hyruu, pleasure seeing you here," said the metallic-silver, seventy foot tall dragon, his scales vibrating to expose the blue core at the center of his being.
Jansi
Jansi
FireWing Hatchling
FireWing Hatchling

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:56 pm

Hyruu perched again on the border of the inactive forge, and got closer from Vale's forge as she moved her tail out of his way. He continued to watch the sword being forged, visibly interested.
"Oh, spiked armors... I don't even know if I could wear one. That sounds horribly heavy..." he said.
The grey dragon turned his head as he heard someone else arriving.
"Oh, erm, hello there..." he greeted him.
His attention suddenly was drawn to his fairly unusual scales he had.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Vale Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:09 am

Vale snorted. "They're not that heavy. Even for smaller dragons." She huffed, continuing to pound on the sword. She dunked it into water near her and allowed it to cool, before pulling it out and running her thumb over the edge, feeling the sharpness of the blade. She grunted, and pushed it back into the forge, before opening her mouth and allowing a burst of pure, white light to super heat the blade, before leaving it. She then looked over, grunting at another newcomer in her cave. She opened her mouth to spit a retirt, before realizing who it was. She smiled, recognizing one of the only dragons in the tribe she didn't absolutely tower over. "Hello, Echo." She said cooly, before turning to yet another forge, and pulling out a sheet of metal and began to bend it with pure brute strength alone, the hot metal easy to bend. She believed she had a lineage in the Firewings somewhere, so it hardly burned. She the set the glowing hot metal onto the stone and began hammering at it, getting a more defined shape. "What are you doing here?" She asked, almost kindly. It wasn't his forge-he had another-but he was a vulcan, so she didn't have anything against him walking in.
Vale
Vale
LightWing Vulcan
LightWing Vulcan

Female Aquarius Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayla Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:39 pm

Echo was pretty similar to Vale in the sense he was rash and rude, but he did have respect for the Vulcan. He gestured to the side of Vale's forge where a strange metal object rested, and said, "I've come to get my metal flask back. King Devi asked me to make a diamond encrusted helmet for King Lucian."

(;Gem flask is where you melt gems and metal and pour them into a shape Razz)

Rayla

Female Posts : 641

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:31 am

Hyruu tilted his head again at Vale's answer, trying to imagine himself with an armor. The result seemed more comical than anything, even in his mind.
"I guess I should give it a try..." he almost muttered.
His curiosity got poked again when Echo pointed at that item he called a metal flask.
"A metal flask ? What is it for ?" He questioned the silver dragon.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayla Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:01 am

Echo glanced at Hyruu, blinking, his blue eyes glowing, and his silver metal scales flaring to expose the blue core underneath. Echo didn't have time to answer questions. Growling a, he responded, "You hold it over flames to melt the metal inside. You then pour the metal into a shape, and when it hardens, it forms that shape."

Rayla

Female Posts : 641

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down