Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

New tribe leader system - Female/Male Leaders and Advisors. Gods shouldn't abuse their power. - Page 3 Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

New tribe leader system - Female/Male Leaders and Advisors. Gods shouldn't abuse their power. - Page 3 Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

New tribe leader system - Female/Male Leaders and Advisors. Gods shouldn't abuse their power.

+12
Asra
Shao Nevikaar
Kazumi
Kokoro
Phantom
Shyann
Volcanis
Frostflare
Sleenia
Akreious
Corrode
Atlantis
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

New tribe leader system - Female/Male Leaders and Advisors. Gods shouldn't abuse their power. - Page 3 Empty New tribe leader system - Female/Male Leaders and Advisors. Gods shouldn't abuse their power.

Post by Atlantis Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:17 am

First topic message reminder :

The actual tribe system is similar to a militar one, where the tribes look to be "armies". We have:

Tribe leader - the commander
Lieutenant - second in command

The other ranks are generally the "militar units".

I think this kind of system is outdated. We have several users that they have characters with their unique personalities. So the tribe leader can't command anymore because it would be a tyrant. We have kingdoms that can't be administrated with the power only in the hands of one person. It looks to be a dictatorship system and the majority of people will be certainly upsed by that.

I think the tribe leader system can be improved with the following changes.

1. We have male and female for every tribe. So the leadership isn't anymore in the hand of one dragon, but two dragons. There's a male exponent and a female exponent.

2. We don't have a Liutenant anymore. The leaders will be supported by several Advisors. There's no limit of Advisors a tribe can have. Advisors have the important role to support the leaders, listening tribe members and understand the needs of the tribe.

To do a example. The SeaWing could have
1. Korramyr - Male Leader
2. ShiningWater - Female Leader
3. Atlantis - Advisor
4. Other advisor
5. Other advisor

A more interested project would be to split the kingdoms in feuds. There're Duke/Dukess that rule over a territory and they support the leaders. However this kind of project is very complicated to do for now. So we have simply Advisors to make it easier and the userbase will understand better their role. Advisors will make the life certainly easier to tribe leaders.

Also, I suggest to remove the semi-god state of tribe leaders. I think it's very important that tribe leaders can be challenged (or replaced) for the throne. This will give equality to all the dragons and prevent a leader to have a role of tyrant. However challenging a tribe leader isn't something that can be done carefree. There must be good reasons behind that.

For example, Volcanis can challenge ShadowFire and try to conquer the throne. However, the other FireWings would prefer to have ShadowFire as their leader. So Volcanis can't actually challenge the leader because he isn't supported by tribe members.

Another example: Atlantis can challenge Korramyr for the throne. They could be both two good male leaders and the SeaWings will split into two sides. So a fight will decide who is the new ruler. However Atlantis would never challenge Korramyr because he knows Korramyr is a good leader.

Third example: The majority of Advisors and tribe members agree a tribe leader needs to be changed. So the actual tribe leader will simply step down and a new one will be choosen.

To all tribe leaders: don't be scared to lose your "God" powers. If you're really a good and wise leader, you won't lose your rank because your character fits the role very well. A tribe leader should be choosen for the ability to listen and take care of tribe members, not for the strenght. As I have said at the start of this topic, the military system can't really work. There're emotions and feelings involved during a roleplay. People need to openly manifest the personalities of their characters without the fear that a tribe leader can punish the character because the leader has god powers.

Also, Dragon Gods should simply be creators. I have seen they can influence the events in Pyyria and take decision for others.

I suggest: Gods characters should be exclusively used to give suggestions. Or else Gods look as dictactors if they can do whatever they want, abusing their God-state.

I'm not accusing anyone. I know nobody is using its character to act as a tyrant. You're all very awesome people and you'll always do your best. I'm simply saying the actual system looks to be dictatorial, though you don't have the intention to be dictactors. We need more equality in the forum.

Last edited by Atlantis on Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:27 pm; edited 5 times in total
Atlantis
Atlantis
SeaWing Scholar
SeaWing Scholar

Male Posts : 742

Back to top Go down

New tribe leader system - Female/Male Leaders and Advisors. Gods shouldn't abuse their power. - Page 3 Empty Re: New tribe leader system - Female/Male Leaders and Advisors. Gods shouldn't abuse their power.

Post by Atlantis Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:19 pm

Shao Nevikaar wrote:You know, i'm done with the topic. You clearly offended me by rubbing stuff in my face and accusing me of things that happened then. This shouldn't get approved because it messes the whole system up. And since you found it reasonable to shove that topic in my face, your a damned hypocrite and a traitor. That treaty we had is over, welcome to my enemies Atlantis. ~Shao

[[btw, no need replying to this, i'm not gonna check Wink ]

I don't know what is your problem with me. I have always considered you a friend, but you keep talking about me like I'm a sort of adversary.

I have never intended to offend you. You have indeed thrown me some offenses, though you're a moderator.

I see everyone here is ok with my idea to have male and female leader. But I was actually thinking to have a poll because I understand your point of view.

The whole system was already messed up anyway. My idea should be indeed a step forward towards equality and fairness having a leader for gender.
Atlantis
Atlantis
SeaWing Scholar
SeaWing Scholar

Back to top Go down

New tribe leader system - Female/Male Leaders and Advisors. Gods shouldn't abuse their power. - Page 3 Empty Re: New tribe leader system - Female/Male Leaders and Advisors. Gods shouldn't abuse their power.

Post by Akreious Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:40 pm

Where did this come from? O.o

IK it's a argument but... COVER KID ARCKES EYES NOW!!!

Sad Blush
Akreious
Akreious
SkyWing Lieutenant
SkyWing Lieutenant

Male Aries Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazumi Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:14 pm

Guys, drop the argument. We can take a poll to see if the majority of the site approves or disapproves.
Kazumi
Kazumi

Female Sagittarius Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Akreious Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:29 pm

Kazumi-San to the rescue!!!
Akreious
Akreious
SkyWing Lieutenant
SkyWing Lieutenant

Male Aries Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlantis Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:03 am

Ok then, we're going to have a poll! Another thing I think it's important:

two males or females that are equally strong and high in the ranks, they can decide to share the leadership instead of fighting. They should have their rights to take this decision.

Tribes shouldn't be forced to have the single leader. Two competitive elements of the same gender can decide to share the leadership.

This is my last thought, then we'll do a poll to see which direction the forum will take.
Atlantis
Atlantis
SeaWing Scholar
SeaWing Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostflare Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:09 am

So both I , AND Snowfall can be leader?
Frostflare
Frostflare
IceWing Guardian
IceWing Guardian

Female Taurus Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlantis Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:22 am

Frostflare wrote:So both I , AND Snowfall can be leader?

We need to wait for Phantom to come back and start a poll to have two leaders instead of one. For now there's still the kingdom system.
Atlantis
Atlantis
SeaWing Scholar
SeaWing Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostflare Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:33 am

Ok, I hope phantom accepts, because I like this idea.
Frostflare
Frostflare
IceWing Guardian
IceWing Guardian

Female Taurus Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Akreious Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:30 am

*changs accept*

Oh btw r we gonna continue the the plague thing?
Akreious
Akreious
SkyWing Lieutenant
SkyWing Lieutenant

Male Aries Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostflare Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:32 am

Yeah, I posted on it today.
Frostflare
Frostflare
IceWing Guardian
IceWing Guardian

Female Taurus Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Akreious Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:34 am

Kay I'll check it out
Akreious
Akreious
SkyWing Lieutenant
SkyWing Lieutenant

Male Aries Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostflare Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:35 am

Yeah, I think we should support this idea. (Ok, you do that Arke)
Frostflare
Frostflare
IceWing Guardian
IceWing Guardian

Female Taurus Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Akreious Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:38 am

Agreed
Akreious
Akreious
SkyWing Lieutenant
SkyWing Lieutenant

Male Aries Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostflare Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:45 am

Yeah, so we will just have to wait for a Admin to accept. Phantom! Trnyah! Kazumi! Come! We need you!
Frostflare
Frostflare
IceWing Guardian
IceWing Guardian

Female Taurus Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Akreious Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:48 am

*repeatedly knocks on the admin door*
Akreious
Akreious
SkyWing Lieutenant
SkyWing Lieutenant

Male Aries Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostflare Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:51 am

We need you to accept! Come on admins!
Frostflare
Frostflare
IceWing Guardian
IceWing Guardian

Female Taurus Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephyros Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:57 am

We have now a poll where we're voting about the leadership. Check this topic.

https://rpgdragons.forumotion.com/t1078-leadership-system#16087
Zephyros
Zephyros
God of Storms and Lightning
God of Storms and Lightning

Male Posts : 237

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostflare Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:00 am

Ok, thanks. I am gonna check it out!
Frostflare
Frostflare
IceWing Guardian
IceWing Guardian

Female Taurus Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Akreious Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:13 pm

So... If this thing is finished should we lock it?
Akreious
Akreious
SkyWing Lieutenant
SkyWing Lieutenant

Male Aries Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Volcanis Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:59 am

I'm going to update this topic and have the admins consideration.

As everyone knows, we have two leaders now after a poll about the leadership. So that means we don't have Kings/Queens anymore.

However the forum is a total mess because the SeaWings have actually two leaders, but the other tribes have still Kings or Queens.

So It's unclear what is the current rule.

We should do these changes, following the result of the poll.

1. We don't have Dragon Kingdoms anymore, but Dragon Territories. The King/Queen system has been abandoned

2. The actual Kings and Queens should be changed to Leaders.

3. Tribe ranks have to be changed. We have Leaders now and not King/Queen. I have already a suggestion for the new description.

Tribe Leaders: a tribe has always two leaders. They can be one for gender, or two of the same gender. Two leaders can also come from the same family. Leaders aren't forced to a mate relationship and they are quite indipendent because of that. A leader can mate with the other one or choose a dragon from another tribe. Leaders collaborate each other to guide the tribe and understand the necessities and demands of tribe members. They are tribe representatives and their word reflects the collective opinion of tribe members. They call councils when it comes to take crucial decisions for the tribe.

Almost a week has passed, but nothing has been changed. I see the admins are active everywhere (forum and chat), so my assumption is there's a lack of professionality.

Once a idea has been approved, it should be immediately applied. That's the work of an admin afterall.
Volcanis
Volcanis
FireWing King
FireWing King

Male Posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostflare Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:13 pm

Agreed. I thought that we were going to put this in action last month, when it was conformed! Yet nothing has been done. I always thought if I waited that it would happen. Patience is key, as they say.
Frostflare
Frostflare
IceWing Guardian
IceWing Guardian

Female Taurus Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:31 am

Fine. Approved. Are you all happy now? Derp

Back to top Go down

Post by Volcanis Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:45 am

Trinyah wrote:Fine. Approved. Are you all happy now? Derp

Trinyah, the poll has already been approved.

What I'm saying: there's no switch to the new system. We still have King/Queen system and tribe ranks aren't updated. This is causing a lot of confusion and a week has already passed.

So what's the actual rule? Changes should be immediately applied or the forum looks to be messy.

Go on with the new changes and update everything.
Volcanis
Volcanis
FireWing King
FireWing King

Male Posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:52 am

Alright, I'll stop doing what I was doing and update the damn thing. There, you happy now? -_____-

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleenia Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:58 am

Trinyah do you realize you are acting pissed off when this is a completely normal situation when the forum need the changes to be applied? it's nothing against you so why do you reply like
"are you all happy now" in a bad manner??? it's not very nice... :/
Sleenia
Sleenia
LightWing Queen
LightWing Queen

Female Posts : 499
Location : A very quiet and peacefull place touched by the sun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next