Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

New Lore Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

New Lore Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

New Lore

2 posters

Go down

New Lore Empty New Lore

Post by Hyruu Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:33 pm

And here is the site's new lore ! It will be featured in the new New Member's Guide that will be rewritten... soon.

For as long as one could remember, dragons reigned over the world of Pyrria. Thanks to their Great God, the almighty Shardas, they prospered and ruled the lands, seas and skies. They lived as seas became mountains, and mountains became seas. They lived as species appeared and went extinct. They lived as another sentient specie slowly appeared. Humans. These intriguing mammals learned extremely fast and showed signs of a great intelligence. Dragons gave them fire, and they figured the rest out.

Generations over generations, dragons watched as humans progressed and invented clever mechanisms. Once the humans got smart enough, the two species worked hand in paw. The dragons, masters of magic and physical strength, shared their knowledge with the humans, masters of machinery and cunning. Thanks to this combined knowledge, both species made impressive progress in a lot of fields. These were the golden times of friendship, knowledge and life.

But alas this era wasn't eternal. One day, Shardas the Great God decided to end his life. Dragons and humans alike mourned his death... But not for long. Along with their leader, the dragons had lost their most powerful protector. It took only a few generations for vanity to take its toll. The humans stopped worshiping the deceased Great God, and instead worshiped their own false God. Soon enough, they claimed the mighty dragons were not worthy of living alongside the humans. And thus the great war started. Deprived of their greatest power, dragons were of no match against the humans. The powerful beasts got slaughtered by their former allies. Retreating farther and farther, they found themselves having less and less territory, and less and less members. Holding only a few pieces of land scattered among Pyrria, dragons were on the brink of extinction. These were the dark times of hate, despair and death.

At their darkest hour, when most of them had lost faith in life and hope, a miracle happened. Generations after his death, Shardas's last gift bestowed on the dragons. Some of them gained a part of Shardas's powers and became Gods. Some gained a smaller piece of his powers, becoming semi-gods. But the most important was that these powers became their salvation. Little by little, these dragons rallied the others under them. Little by little, they instilled hope in the hearts of dragons. After bitter fights, the dragons managed to secure territories for themselves to live in. The humans, understanding something had changed, stopped the general offensive. The dragons had done it. The conflict slowed down, the humans being unable to push any further.
Generations passed. Life resumed once again. Dragons grew again and formed Tribes to get stronger. With the help of their semi-gods, the Tribes could secure their territories against the humans. While the gods together had the power to annihilate the humans, they chose not to do so. The pressure remained, the dragons all too aware of what would happen if they underestimated the human threat. These were the present times of wonder, recovering.... and hope.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

New Lore Empty Re: New Lore

Post by Torghaith Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:39 pm

So... I dont want to be that guy... But i will be...
This, is... insufficient....for me, at least.
One, what technological level are humans at that they were able to drive a whole race of giant, flying, magical lizards towards extinction? Even weakened, they are sentient, intelligent, organized, etc. This would be no small feat even with modern tech. Humans could hardly chase them to the freezing tundras, seafloor, or volcanic ashfields and hope to win in such hostile conditions(which are homeground for the respective tribes).
Two, how does this explain why humans only have a few major settlements in the south and west? How are they holding back the dragon hordes everywhere with those? Or are the old maps to be considered invalid?
What culture are humans here anyway? European, i assume? Or some custom stuff? In that case, some elaboration would help.
How does the whole "lets get all the earthwing territories" thing fit into this?

Thats all that comes to my mind on the first read. Sorry, my friends hate me too when i write critiques because im only good at pointing out "bad" stuff... But im very thorough at that...
Torghaith
Torghaith
EarthWing Guardian
EarthWing Guardian

Male Taurus Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:16 pm

First you have to remember the dragons had no god at all at that moment. With that in mind, it doesn't take a lot to actually threaten dragons. Ballistas are enough. You also have to remember humans proliferate like rabbits, unlike dragons. It's the combination of those that makes the human race so deadly. Sure a dragon can take several humans with them, but the loss of one dragon is worse than those several humans.
Technology wise, this is my take so I don't know if the others think the same but I wrote this assuming a late-medieval technology level, with early rifles developed. We won't see those however, as the earliest rifles had problems with armor penetration so they would basically be useless against our scales. So the deadliest technologies are bows, crossbows and ballistas. Humans could easily have designed special ballistas against dragons, and these would prove deadly even for the mightiest of us.

Map will have to be made up to date. My idea is basically to reduce again territories' borders, and consider humans settled in all the rogue lands. This would also make living in the rogue territories a more dangerous feat : not only you have to fend for yourself, but you also have to deal with the humans ! Of course there would be only a few major cities and the rest would consist in smaller villages.
Humans are of a very classical European culture, with just the religion changed (or not, actually ^^).

The Earthwing invasion arrives after this lore. The idea was to set the general lore and then have all tribes get a specific lore. As such the invasion would fit in the Earthwing-specific lore.

And no problems with the critics, inputs are always appreciated. After all this can be edited further, if the need arises. However to be honest I don't know if I could add all this to the story without it being heavy. Maybe I will consider putting the story and then additional details...
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down