Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Loque the Solitary Dragon [Reaproval needed]  Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Loque the Solitary Dragon [Reaproval needed]  Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Loque the Solitary Dragon [Reaproval needed]

+3
Hyruu
Oculus
Atlantis
7 posters

Go down

Loque the Solitary Dragon [Reaproval needed]  Empty Loque the Solitary Dragon [Reaproval needed]

Post by Loque Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:52 pm

Loque the Solitary Dragon [Reaproval needed]  Com__last_flight_of_the_day_by_harrietmilaus-d7voqjr
Copyright HarrietMilaus on dA
Personal Info
Name: Loque
Personality: Loque is a dragon that is a lot more mature than his age would suggest. He has learned (the hard way) not to trust other dragons too much, making him a bit defiant in his relationships with other dragons. He has learned to conceal his true emotions when needed, keeping a calm, slightly cold, composure in almost every situation.
Loque will not allow anyone to dictate his actions, even though he has enough common sense to let this slip once in a while. The young dragon has a strong ideal of freedom, and all his actions are guided by this ideal. However this goal has slightly shifted from when he barely arrived to the Nightwing territory. Through his meeting with Tenebris, what was initially a selfish ideal became something he makes his best to provide to everyone.
While he shows an unfaltering confidence on the outside, he is more fragile than he appears. Loque suffers from a lack of affection, not having been raised by parents, and his difficulty to trust anyone makes it hard for him to find comfort.
Despite his high rank as Duke in the Ebonwing Potentate, Loque remains honestly modest, which has granted him the affection of all the guards and staff in his juridiction.
Interests: Solitude, signs of affection, his ideals
Dislikes: Arrogant dragons, meetings
Fears: Loque's fear is to get deprived from the freedom he cherishes so much. Whether it is physically by being chained, or more morally by becoming a mere slave, Loque will fight not to let this happen - even if it costs his life.
*cough*stillgotamate*cough*

General Appearance
Height: 40 feet, will grow up to 50-55 feet later
Scales: Black
Eyes: Green
Appearance: Loque is a fairly average black dragon. He is a bit small for a Nightwing, and features a slender build made for dexterity. He possesses two curved horns, spikes on his back and a leaf-shaped tailtip, all silver. His scales are pitch black and his eyes green. His wings are shorter than average, granting him a better manoeuvrability and burst speed than other dragons at the price of a slower cruise speed.

Tribe Information and Status
Tribe: Ebonwing, former Nightwing
Family: Son of Seyn the Semi-god of Sun and a Nightwing
Mate: Kaora
Hatchlings: N/A

Skills and Abilities
Strengths: Loque is a dexterous dragon, whose capabilities are forged from a life alone. He is agile and has good instincts, and his shorter than average wings let him add some more mobility to his kit. He has had his shares of fights, having to defend the small pieces of territory he would temporarily claim for himself. Combined with his intelligence, he can anticipate most of his opponent's basic moves and dodge them.
Special Abilities: Loque can use the shadows to hide all signs from his presence, in exchange of his own senses. For example, he could become absolutely invisible, but partially blind as well. This ability extends to all his senses, so he can hide his smell (at the price of his own smelling), footprints (losing sense of touch), or his sounds (losing his hearing). The last thing this allows him to do is to somewhat physically disappear from the world, melting with a shadow, which makes him invulnerable to physical attacks. However, doing so removes every sense he has, and puts him in quite a dangerous situation as he could easily lose track of time, dying of hunger or thirst without even realizing it. As such this will only be used in a last attempt at surviving.
The strength of this ability depends on how dark is the place he currently is standing in. So for example, in a well lit place Loque would become deaf to only attenuate his sounds slightly, but on the opposite in a dark room he would only lose a part of his hearing to become perfectly silent. Changes in light will immediately impact the ability - as an example, if he was in a deep shadow and totally invisible, lighting the shadow would suddenly reveal him. This is a serious weakness for his ability to physically disappear, as it would only work in pure darkness - a single source of light would make him vulnerable, and unable to know it.
Last-resort Ability: When in a situation of extreme danger, Loque's scales will absorb the surrounding light, making the area a lot darker - not pitch black, but the difference of light will make the other dragons unable to see correctly for a few seconds, the time for their eyes to adjust. Loque's scales will then suddenly burst all the absorbed light, blinding any dragon who kept their eyes opened. Loque has no knowledge of this ability, and will not be able to control it.
Demi-God Ability: Loque inherited the Dusk ability from his father.
Dusk is an ability that creates a sphere blocking any light that should go through. Light that is generated from inside the sphere is not affected, only being stopped at the border of the sphere. This ability will also block any heat this light should emit.
The borders of this ability are simply pitch black, which makes it impossible to guess if there is no source of light inside the sphere. There isn't a way to know this only affects a zone rather than the dragon's vision either.
A sphere can be as tiny as a marble, and as big as a bit more than 400 feet of diameter.
Weaknesses: Loque's power is one of his main weaknesses, though a rather conceiled one. Loque will abuse this power in fight, trying to surprise his opponent with it, but that comes at the price of a moment with reduced senses. Any action he wasn't expecting at that moment has increased chances to be successful.
His dexterous build is another of his weaknesses. A combat style revolving on agility will quickly tire him, forcing Loque to adopt an aggressive strategy to take out his opponent as fast as possible.
Combat Style: Loque will mostly use his agility to fight. He will combine this with his ability in order to get his opponent to lose sight of him for the split second needed for an action.
With his new ability from his heritage, he will confuse his opponent with dark zones. It is not simply about trapping them in the zones, he will as well try to dim any source of light to make his ability more effective, or even generate a much larger zone for him and his opponent to fight in - since in total darkness, his ability grants him an advantage on his opponent.

Background
History: Loque never knew his parent or his family. From his oldest memories, he had been alone, fending and surviving for himself, far from the Nightwing territory for an unknown reason. But sadly his misfortune didn't end there. An unfortunate event (detailed in the RP sample) left him some serious psychological scars, making him unable to easily trust someone. But most of all, it made him understand how valuable freedom was. From now he wouldn't let anyone take his own freedom.
His arrival among the Nightwing changed a lot for him, though. His meeting with Tenebris gave him another aim in his life : the pursuit of the greater good. For Loque, the better good was beginning with the better good of every dragon, and that started with what himself valued at most : freedom. Seduced by the ideals he embraced in his own way, he followed Tenebris when dissensions started to spread among the Nightwings, becoming an Ebonwing. Appointed at the position of Magistrate and Duke of one of the Potentat's three main islands, Loque is now making his best for his ideals to become a reality - first among the Ebonwing, and then if possible in the whole Pyrria.

RP sample:It was a harsh winter in the area. The preys had gotten scarce, and the shelters rarely unoccupied. It was no wonder that young dragon, Loque, tried to seek refuge in his cave. The big dragon chuckled, thinking about that fortunate arrival... at least for him, not for Loque. The first week he agreed to team up with the younger dragon to hunt. After all, with his size Loque didn't need to eat a whole deer, and it was far easier to hunt for two dragons than alone. But after a week, he changed his mind as he saw how talented was Loque at hunting. The young dragon sure didn't need any help to hunt for them two. A true blessing. All he had to do was to beat him to the ground, which wasn't that difficult due to the difference in size between the two. He then made sure the younger dragon was obedient by threatening him to track him down if he ever tried to leave, and now he didn't even have to leave his cave, staying warm and cozy... while of course taking the most of the preys the younger dragon was bringing back from hunting. Well he maybe would have to give him a bit more, that black dragon definitively got a bit too skinny. But well a small diet never killed anyone, did it ? Of course he had to be cautious the younger dragon didn't try anything during his sleep. Since he could sleep the whole day while Loque was hunting, he could stay alert at night, so this wasn't much of a problem. He only had to watch for any odd sound or the smell of the younger dragon coming closer.
At that thought, the bigger dragon realized something was wrong. He couldn't smell the younger dragon any longer. Did he somehow escaped the cave ? No that wasn't possible, he didn't make any noise... At that moment, he felt a claw under his chin. His eyes opened wide to see Loque standing over him, his claw ready on his neck.
"But... How ? Wait, you can't -"
His sentence was cut at the same time as his throat.
Loque stepped back from the body and walked out of the cave, not looking behind him. First he would have to find a new shelter for the night, and then hunt something. Or maybe not in this order. He was starving. And this time it would be for himself. Never again he would let anyone dominate him like that stupid dragon did. Never again he would trust anyone that easily.

Last edited by Loque on Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Loque
Loque
NightWing Tracker
NightWing Tracker

Male Posts : 27

Back to top Go down

Loque the Solitary Dragon [Reaproval needed]  Empty Re: Loque the Solitary Dragon [Reaproval needed]

Post by Atlantis Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:06 pm

Atlantis
Atlantis
SeaWing Scholar
SeaWing Scholar

Male Posts : 742

Back to top Go down

Loque the Solitary Dragon [Reaproval needed]  Empty Re: Loque the Solitary Dragon [Reaproval needed]

Post by Oculus Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:51 am

Isn't the minimum height for night wings 6 meters (20 feet)?
Oculus
Oculus
NightWing Leader
NightWing Leader

Male Aries Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:05 am

Well now that you mention it yes, never really managed to think in feet. Anyway I am going to roleplay him as a dragon smaller than most other dragons, not having reached his adult size (he is a young adult after all)
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostflare Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:04 pm

Actually, we trshed the size rule awhile ago so your full grown dragon just has to fall in the range from 2 meter-500 ft(idk what that equals in meters). So not, he is just fine.
Frostflare
Frostflare
IceWing Guardian
IceWing Guardian

Female Taurus Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:16 pm

Then why was my 15 feet dragon disapproved until I made him bigger? XD
Oculus
Oculus
NightWing Leader
NightWing Leader

Male Aries Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:36 pm

the dragon size restrictions were never removed
Celestia
Celestia
Goddess of the Moon and Stars

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlantis Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:46 pm

I think Loque's size is fine, because he was describing him as a Trainee. So Loque is a young dragon.

Anyway yes, as a full adult the dragon should reach 20 feet, that is the minimum for a NightWing
Atlantis
Atlantis
SeaWing Scholar
SeaWing Scholar

Male Posts : 742

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:43 pm

I'm sorry I have to do this but this is being unapproved.

1. 25 is well into adult age you should not be a trainee anymore.

2. As an adult the min size req is 20 feet which you do not meet.

3. The first part of your last resort ability I was fine with. You abilities are rather low key and it sounded NightWingy. The last part however
"Loque's scales will then suddenly burst all the absorbed light, blinding any dragon who kept their eyes opened. "
Clearly steps into LightWing bounds. So please include some LightWing heritage or remove this part.
Celestia
Celestia

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Loque Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:25 pm

Well there has been a reason he has been approved.

1- At the time the character was created, if you read the bio, he was still a rogue only arriving to the Nightwing territory. As such he was a trainee because he didn't have any role yet. Since then he has been trained by Nightflare to become a Tracker, and also has been appointed Magistrate by Tenebris. The training having been incomplete due to Nightflare leaving, I didn't think to update the roles.
By the way, all this would be way easier if we were able to modify our character sheets without having to ask to get the sheet out of the folder to be able to edit it. Like you could see, a lot has changed for Loque.

2- Well changed. Maybe the only part that justified a disapproval, I always imagine my dragons small and I know nothing about feet ^^

3- This issue had been discussed with Arkhor at the moment, because I actually wanted to hide the fact he had a Lightwing lineage. This ability was supposed to be a hint to that fact, and I had planned to have him wonder about his lineage if this ability was to trigger. All my plans to get into a dangerous situation have failed though. Now it has been revealed that Loque is the son of Seyn the Lightwing semi-god and a Nightwing. It also explains why Loque began his life in the Rogue territories, the union of his father and mother not having been seen well in their respective tribes.
Also, in the same fashion, Hyruu's last stand power has some Nightwing-ish component.
Loque
Loque
NightWing Tracker
NightWing Tracker

Male Posts : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by Celestia Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:15 am

RE-APPROVED

It isn't hard to pm any staff member to take the app out. Just link them the app and bam its done.

In the future if you want to keep things secret in an app you really should inform me.
Celestia
Celestia

Female Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyruu Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:38 am

Once again major rewriting of my character. Most stuff rewritten, only real changes are his demi-power inherited from his father, and a side effect of his powers that I realized I didn't put it here.
Hyruu
Hyruu
LightWing Hunter
LightWing Hunter

Male Pisces Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Oculus Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:23 am

Last Resort ability: How far is the area darkened?

As for your demi ability, I believe Loque was created before Seyn was a semi, which I think means you don't get to become a demi, but I'll verify. Even so, your demi ability area of effect needs to be specified. A little more than 400 ft can easily be translated into 450, possibly 500 feet, so give numbers Razz
Oculus
Oculus
NightWing Leader
NightWing Leader

Male Aries Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:22 am

RE-APPROVED
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down