Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Leona's dragon Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Leona's dragon Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Leona's dragon

2 posters

Go down

Leona's dragon Empty Leona's dragon

Post by Leona Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:02 pm

Insert Image Here
Type of Character: Dragon
Link to Character List Page: (Optional if is your first character. Otherwise link us and make sure your character is listed there. If you don't already have one you can create one here. https://www.rpgdragons.org/f84-character-registration)
Personal Info
Name: Leona
Alias: n/a
Sexuality: bisexual
Personality: introvert but likes to get to know people that are nice to her
Fears:  being left out
Strengths: speed and hiding  and surprise attacks mentally is very strong willed no one has gotten through her head.
Weaknesses: face to face matchs out in the open or a small cave

General Appearance
Height: 100 ft
Scales: gold base with purple accent tips
Eyes: hazel
Appearance: wings are gold structure and translucent purple skin for the skin of the wing  her tail  tip is in the shape of a dragon rose of a mix of gold and purple her horns curves toward her neck and the back up and out there gold base and purple tipped

Rogue
Tribe: N/A
Inheritance: she is a mix breed of earth and sky wing 50%earth 50%sky
Family: N/A
Mate: n/a
Hatchlings: n/a

Skills and Abilities
Normal Abilities: swift flying 100 ft without her ability and poision resist breath weapon cylinder of wind brings the target to center and away from source doing force damage
Special Abilities: magic affiliation can cast spells(yes I understand that it's only a minor spell at first) haste spell Choose a willing creature that you can see within range(including self). Until the spell ends, the target's speed is doubled, it becomes harder to hit it and it gains an additional actions 1 hr limit and takes 6seconds to cast 1hr cool down limit only can be cast 5 times per day.

When the spell ends, the target can't move or take Actions until after its next turn, as a wave of lethargy sweeps over it.
Combat Style: evasive and powerful strikes

Background
History: she had a tough upbringing always have to prove herself as a fighter to all the other dragon since she was a 50/50 mix breed neither kind wanted her .
RP Sample: (Provide a RP sample of how you would roleplay. Optional)

Last edited by Leona on Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:31 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : missed a few details)

Leona

Back to top Go down

Leona's dragon Empty Re: Leona's dragon

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:14 pm

So a few things still need working on. Firstly, what percentage out of 100 is she of EarthWing and SkyWing? This is important to help me determine whether you traits and abilities are possible at the level you want it.

Normal abilities: Swift flying 150mph. Only purbred SkyWings can fly at this speed at that is only if they are dedicated to speed.

Special abilities: Magic affiliation can cast any spell. You can't cast "any" spell. Even as you gain more spells, you can't just cast anything. For example, you can't use any magic that is currently banned. Also, even magic requires limitations, so you couldn't say, cast three spells at once and use them for however long you want. So I would remove the "can cast any spell" thing and just say that you use magic. Also, what exactly is your minor spell?

This one is just something you might want to think about. If you're wanting to be 100ft--and again, I need to know what percentage EarthWing you are--it's unlikely you'd be very stealthy, especially if you were trying to sneak up on someone smaller than you. Maybe later if you acquired a magic spell to make yourself invisible for a short time. With this in mind, you might want to change hiding and sneak attacks from a strength to a weakness. Although, I suppose if you put somewhere in your history that you learned to move quietly, you could keep that part in strengths.

Is there anything else you can add to her personality? What you have now isn't a problem, we just like to see a bit more detail in that area.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Grand Champion Y1 Earthwing King

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Leona Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:58 pm

There put in the description of the spell

Leona

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:21 pm

Alright. So with this special ability. Firstly, this isn't DnD or something like that, we don't use "actions" here. You do everything you want to do in your post, then the other person does what they want--including attempting to dodge an attack, etc--during their post. So remove that whole part about gaining an action to use on various moves.

Second, even minor abilities have limits and dip into your magic pool. You can't have a limitless spell because you would eventually use up your magical energy and need to wait til it replenishes. An hour seems reasonable for the duration, but if as I said, there needs to be a duration for how long you have to wait before you can cast the spell again. Double the flight speed is also a lot for a minor ability.

Third. You still have that you can fly at 120mph without using your special ability. This isn't possible because you aren't a purebred SkyWing. Please lower your flight speed. Also, since it says "without her ability" does that mean you can use your special ability on yourself, even though it seems to be something you would more likely use on an ally that you're traveling with?

Last edited by Baldirak Sapiens Draco on Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Leona Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:32 pm

There I made it less dnd like

Leona

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:46 pm

Okay. Well, here's where the second opinion you wanted earlier comes in. Another of our Admins has taken a look at your ability. Your spell as is would actually be considered a major ability, not minor. Double the speed would be too much--a 10-25% speed increase would be much more reasonable.

However. If you remove this special ability entirely, and give up your natural abilities for each species--meaning you won't have a breath attack or resistance to poison, you may have a flight speed of 100mph and have the max height for EarthWings. The choice is up to you.
Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Leona Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:07 pm

U just want my speed to be slow naturally without the spell so I have to use it to gain the edge in battle I'm sorry but I'm done compromising that's were I draw the line if I lowered my speed to match the top speed of a skywing with the spell then there is no point for me having the spell in the first place

Leona

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:25 pm

As I have stated many times, you cannot achieve the max speed of a purebred SkyWing without being a purebred SkyWing. Since you are not one, your max speed has to be lower. But since you are part SkyWing, your flight speed will be higher than all other species except pure SkyWings and other hybrids who have a higher SkyWing heritage than you, so you would already have an advantage in battle in most cases.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but abilities need to be balanced, especially when you are making a character that is half of two different species.

Baldirak Sapiens Draco
Baldirak Sapiens Draco

Male Scorpio Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down