Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Leaving Home [Attor] | Finished Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Leaving Home [Attor] | Finished Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Leaving Home [Attor] | Finished

2 posters

Go down

Leaving Home [Attor] | Finished Empty Leaving Home [Attor] | Finished

Post by Helia Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:16 pm

It had been a very long time since Helia had really been in the Starlight settlement. She had briefly lived here after the monster attack, but when she joined the Way of White she had gone with them to live with all the new Members and acolytes. After leaving them she had found her home on the floating island outside of the settlement. Far enough so no one would just drop by without actually having a reason for it, and for some time without anyone even knowing she was there. That was until Attor had found her during one of her expeditions. He was still one of the only dragons who knew she was still alive, as she had kept to herself by choice. Sometimes she had approached other Starlights to study them for her new thesis, but those ones had never known her from before.

It felt weird to now be flying among her tribe so openly, feeling the stares of those who recognized her, not knowing whether they were friendly or not. Many would probably watch her with condolences in their eyes, while some would be angry with her for leaving the Way of White without as much as a word. Attor, her Mentor, had now understood, she had explained it to him, but she wasn't about to do so for anyone else. Still, she didn't like being among so many dragons, there was a reason for her staying away after all.

Due to her not knowing the settlement at all, she actually had to stop and ask for directions, which lead her to having a little bit of a pinkish color when she landed in front of Attors cave. It was quite embarrassing to not know your settlement and having to ask for directions, but that didn't matter now. She calmed herself, returning to her normal color, before breathing in and out three times. Then she called into the cave, not wanting to be ruder than absolutely necessary. "Hello?" she asked and peeked into the entrance. "Attor, are you home?"

Last edited by Helia on Fri May 22, 2020 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Helia
Helia
LightWing Scholar
LightWing Scholar

Female Posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Leaving Home [Attor] | Finished Empty Re: Leaving Home [Attor] | Finished

Post by Attor Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:44 am

Time only told whether the Apprentice was ready to become the master. Years ago one such dragon was a mere novice until taught by a pack of rogue tribals, teaching him how to grow the wild herbs and refine them to become much more potent than before. Seeding was very difficult, but grabbing handfuls of the actual flora would otherwise ruin the plant itself. Precision and careful work was a time consuming pain but beared fruit when finally he had several different bowls of various plants. From flowers to tea, from cacti and roots to ferns and fruit trees, it had taken weeks to obtain as many seed as possible. After growing the plants to the maturity, even the trees, there were various tricks to helping them grow better however were kept secret.

Of course when the practice of medicine and potion brewing came to, that was much different aspect. Steady claws, carefulness and measurements from collecting countless seed proved best for the making of various cures and ailments. However one small mishap, any small measurement even just a tad over or under can be devastating and possibly cost the lives of others. For dragons whose tribe looked savage, they were extremely smart and preferred roaming the wilds than hunkering down in a cave. Only when one has mastered even the most difficult of brewing they can begin crafting their own potions. Having such simple and advanced knowledge can lead to the greatness and growth of any tribe.

Attor, Sovereign of the Order of Starlights, the LightWings and SkyWings, had learned many lessons many years ago. That's how he met his first mate and became a well known healer in the SkyWings afterward. For now, he was their leader and oversaw most things. He'd been curious, questioning whether or not he should go back into crafting medicines and ailments like the good ol' days but nothing ever came of it. Attor, to everyones knowledge, was back to his chipper, bubbly and otherwise calm self once more. The past few months thanks to a certain dragoness he'd been resting quite well. But the beginning was extreme after the bone lodged into his chest, in which his natural plating covered, was removed. So much muscle and flesh had begun rotting, but knowing his natural healing much akin to insects he would shed a great many times before his body fully healed.

Thanks to that same dragoness, Attor had survived a potential death. Because of her, he decided finally to go back to potion brewing and growing even the most dangerous yet exotic of herbs. Though he'd need to collect lots of seed, Attor had been preparing a large enough satchel to begin collecting... whenever he gets the chance. Thanks to the Earth King Baldirak, Attors settlement was protected by a big enough wall so no monsters of proportionate size can infiltrate them, and with how big the numbers were? They could fend for themselves for a day or two.

Stitching up the last bit of the sturdy satchel Attor heard a call, sudden wind blowing lightly on the torches that lit his deep cavern. Large was the room and open was his wood door, he turned to the familiar call though it was odd. Attor thought for a moment before replying in a chipper tone.

"Yes! Come in." And though he was a little busy, the Sovereign had no qualms against a visitor.
Attor
Attor

Male Posts : 169

Back to top Go down

Post by Helia Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:10 pm

Helia breathed deeply before entering the cave, walking through the wooden door. She was a little bit nervous to enter Attor's home, of course some of this nervousness stemmed from the proposal she was going to make Attor today, but it was a little bit exciting to just be walzing into his home, kind of like he had done with her, just that she had invited him.

Fondly she thought back at the time he had spent at her home and under her care. He had mostly been sleeping, but it had been nice to have someone around again. Even Kyrith had come around a little bit and almost tolerated the King in her home. She still disapproved of him though. Apparently there was something about him, that wasn't good for her. Helia didn't really listen to her older sister on that though.

Slowly she walked into the cave until it opened up a bit and she could see Attor walking around numerous plants, cacti and other green and leafy growths she didn't really know how to describe. The King looked a lot better from the last time she'd seen him. Granted, she had just operated on him under less than great conditions, but even without regarding that, he just looked...happier. More in balance and definitely a little bit less lost. Oh what a few months could do to a dragon.
"So one jungle wasn't enough?" she asked jokingly as she walked up to him and slightly tilted her head. Her eyes showing the genuine happiness to see him again. "You're looking very well, Attor."
Helia
Helia
LightWing Scholar
LightWing Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Attor Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:46 am

Attor could hear Helia near him, his mood more enlightened when she actually approached him instead of the opposite. Other dragons payed him respect as a king, sure, but it wasn't the same as how they would treat him as just a regular individual. Casually. Then again he was their leader so that reaction was the norm, giving respect either out of respect or fear... or both. But by now everyone knew Attor as a calm and understanding individual mostly, for the newcomers it was more a demand to show some form of loyalty to him until they can actually become well known and integrated into the Starlights. By then they'd be the subjects of the Sovereign.

Today held nice weather with a strong breeze, the sun shine through the large gaping holes of the ceiling of Attors cave which provided light to the plants. Each plant was potted, or planted, in a different type of soil or sand. They were positioned near the top of a flight of stairs that led to the roof where they could get the full sun, a lot of plants required half sun, while others needed only partial to no sun at all. One of side of a wall were carefully carved holes with molded leaves, fruit, and mostly wood. Millipedes made their home there but the rotted material made for unique fungus and mushrooms to grow, found only in certain places of the continent. True, very few of these herbs and miscellaneous plants came from across the seas but Attor had spent a great few months gathering what he could whilst staying within the borders. It was difficult really, he couldn't make half the proper potions and medicines due to the specific ingredients he was missing, and it annoyed the Sky King ever more.

Attor had finished the final stitching of the leather satchel, reinforced with thick leather and protectively covered by scales of a Denti Magni, or as they were known to be called, "Great Scales." On a few small slabs of smooth sandstone were carefully constructed skeletons of smaller creatures, however only one of each beast, there were full skeletons of Elk to Crocodilians and Tower Cardinals to even an Ogres skeleton; plating complete and all. Moss hung over them as vines could be seen constricting the one living statues in place, said vines having Honey Suckle flowers but also mixed with different shades of wildflower. Some even growing small berries. Different sections of the cave had different plants, and true, it was a jungle of mixed Flora. But it was a necessity nowadays.

Usually, these herbs and vegetation were grown in the greenhouse outside but due to the specific plants for the tribe grown there, the more exotic and dangerous ones were grown in Attors abode. There was an odd mixture of moisture in the air combined the humidity the large cavern trapped in, its own miniature environment, and down a short tunnel was a very dry room built to trap heat and sun. This entire home was built as its own Botanical Garden, a wonder to any dragons and other species. And it took a patient, disciplined, and determined individual to get such a thing achieved. Down another short tunnel was a thick wood door that blocked it off, clearly being a personal room.

"Ah, buy a requirement it is," Attor said as he put the satchel over his neck, the bag hanging to his left shoulder, "And you've caught me at a bad time, I was getting ready to head out to get some more seed. Though it's not necessary, I'm trying to find the more... exotic plants of you may."
Attor
Attor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helia Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:04 am

Helia looked around the room a little bit more, taking in all the different flora and the way it was carefully aranged. One could definitely see that Attor had put a lot of thought into this cave and its decoration. Well, as much as she could call all these flowers decorations. It was more likely that he had started growing them to collect the seeds or vines or whatever he needed for his potions, after all he had been an apothecary and from had told her about having had a similar interior design in his last home.

It was nice to see him put his energy into something other than rebuilding the tribe and running himself into his own death. It seemed like he had been working on a new satchel and seemed generally busy, which made her a little bit more uncomfortable. She hadn't wanted to disturb him, but it was time that she brought this up.

The past couple months she had been researching the jungle around the new settlement for changes in the flora and had slowly come to a new question about the evolution of dragons and their environment, but since she had now scouted most of the safe starlight territory and its dragons, it was time for her to venture out, if she wanted answers.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't want to disturb you." she immediately apologized when he said she had caught him at a bad time. But her interest peaked and she perked up a little bit. "What kind of plants?" Maybe it was something she had already studied and know where to find it. Or maybe she could learn something new from him and add it to her collections.

It wasn't until Geroween behind her coughed, that Helia remembered she had come here come because she wanted to ask a favor of Attor. "I actually came, because I wanted to ask for your help." She finally managed to start her requests.
Helia
Helia
LightWing Scholar
LightWing Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Attor Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:26 pm

Attor looked to the dragoness, finally, a random thought, realizing she was slightly taller than him. He'd never noticed that at all however kept his focus on the task at hand. When he turned to her fully his Yellow Moonstone necklace hung with little regard for anything else, it's dawn light color brilliant as the sunlight shine off it. Why was it so important? It wasn't, but perhaps deep down Attor still believed in the gods... to whatever depth that was. He was clearly in a much better mood and in greater health than before, brand new natural plating grown over the missing flesh. However now it was much stronger, showing how quickly and effective Attors species can regenerate and improve.

"No no, you're quite fine. I was going to conduct a search for more... rarer plants, the ones more elusive to anyone even including animals. Alas, weeks of searching left me in a stump. I'd have to travel across the sea to get what I'm needing, stuff that simply grows elsewhere but here," Attor said, answering her question, "But do go on, what do you need my help for?"
Attor
Attor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helia Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:55 am

More plants for his collection? Helia looked around the room, spotting at least three vines she had never seen before and two flowers in colors she hadn't run into during her research travels to the jungle. But she wasn't an expert in botany and didn't want to question Attor's newly revived love for these exotics companions. However, him being in a stump might work out in favor of her request, since she had found herself in quite a similar situation with her studies. Maybe they could even help each other out, the thought of Attor at her side when she took this next big step calming her nerves quite a bit, when she actually thought about how scary it might be going through with this idea.

Of course she would trust whomever Attor would put at her side, but it was undeniable, that the Sovereign and the dragoness had a common history, much more trust existing between him and her than another dragon and her. It might even be fun for the short time it lasted. Still she was quite nervous, when she finally mustered the courage to speak her mind.

The slender dragoness produced a thick notebook from a bag slung across her chest. Finely waxed leather covering the more vulnerable pages inside. She put it on Attor's desk, opening up the unimpressive binding and revealing pages and pages worth of notes, drawings and Hypothesis in her neat and tiny handwriting.

"I've been dabbling with this question on how the dragons influence the flora and fauna around them, but after you left my house a couple months ago another, much more interesting question occured to me. I started researching on whether the our species shapes its surroundings and habitat or whether the habitat we survived in shaped our tribes. Not just the way we live, but how we are made. Scales, abilities, everything. It's quite interesting and I've collected a lot of information, studies, samples. Many dragons actually lending me there help so I could study them." She caught herself starting to ramble and stopped for a second, trying to collect herself and looking at Attor with a small, apologetic and slightly embarrassed smile.

"Anyways, I've run out of subjects here and just studying the Lightwings and Skywings simply isn't enough to back up my theory. So I was wondering if you could help me reach out to King Baldirak." She paused for a second, glancing at the sovereign to try and figure out what he thought so far. "The imperium has by far the broadest range of species and the biggest territory. Being able to study them and their habitats might give me a breakthrough on this. Not to mention the ability to use their libraries and the ability to collaborate with their scholars." She had prepared this little part of her speach carefully, rehearsing it with her sisters over and over to present it to Attor and hopefully convince him. Yet, when she had finished and was looking at the other dragon, awaiting his answer, she suddenly felt very nervous and scared that he might shoot her down or keep her here.
Helia
Helia
LightWing Scholar
LightWing Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Attor Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:41 pm

Listening to her rambling with careful hearing, Attor took in all the information as Helia proceeded to the big question. That was, could she go to the Imperial Lands? It didn't catch him off guard at all and he had that look as if he were thinking hard, usually coming into the form of a scowl by accident. He turned from staring at Helia to the book, carefully using his stinger to hover right above the lines of the book and flip the pages slowly. As he read in silence for a good ten minutea, this silence was met with, "Hm's," and, "Huh's," mixed in with a bit of... amused humming?

"This..." Attor started as he easily closed the book, being quite aware of his stinger, "This is quite interesting Helia. This information, it would certainly serve well in our archives... Well, once we get a full archive of useful information one day. That small bit though, it was quite detailed and oriented to where a simpleton can understand it- erm, In other words, it's easy to picture and read compared to the, "Advanced Writings of the scribes!""

With a sigh Attor left the book on the table closed, giving her a suspicious look before it dissolved into a casual expression, "Knowing you, if this took you months to write... so you'll be gone for that long, hm?" He almost made it sound like she wasn't going to get to leave the Starlight territory. Attor was well known for taking matters like this seriously and when there wasn't a world full of monsters, once upon a time, he would have allowed it.

"If you're going, then I will accompany you," Attor said, clearly making up his mind, "It may not be easy at all to allow you to simply let you live in the Ebon Isles, knowing the skepticism the LightWings have with a certain dark dragon tribe. In truth, I'm not entirely certain if Baldirak would be alright with him. Bear in mind though, you're my responsibility when we leave, so I cannot stress that you behave yourself. I know you're a fully grown dragon but still... you wouldn't believe how many dragons have
made me look."
Attor
Attor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helia Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:16 am

Now it was just time to wait and let Attor make his decision. She guessed it was a good sign, that he started going through her notes, although she felt a bit uneasy about it. Those were her personal notes, on of only two copies of her research and it was definitely not refined enough yet to be open to public. It wasn't meant to be read yet, but she knew she had to present something to Attor to convince him of the importance of her quest. It still made her nervous to see him read it. Especially since she couldn't tell anything from his expression.

Unintentionally she started rearranging her wings, causing a soft rustling sound that spoke of her nervousness. She wanted to start explaining more things as he got to certain pages, wanted to explain graphs and drawings, but had to bite her tongue to just let her research speak for itself. Quite the challenge for the bubbly dragoness. She was just so awfully nervous, hoping very much to convince the sovereign and have his permission in going. She would definitely need someone to accompany her to the Imperium, not wanting to travel alone through the Monster infested forests.

When the Sovereign finished reading and closed the book she met his eyes with a nervous gaze and a nervous smile when he complemented her work. Quickly, she nodded to his question. "It would at least take a couple months, although I don't yet know how long it would truly take me to collect all the samples I need." She didn't say this out loud, but from her initial calculations she would at least need a year, maybe even longer and would feel the most comfortable if she maybe had two years to really finish, collaborate and research. That way she could make sure to embrace all of the three tribes and their habitats and consult with other scholars on her findings. She would most likely return to home to write her finished thesis, but wanted to finish her field research in the Imperium.

She was so nervous by now, that when Attor suddenly said he would accompany her, she almost swatted him with one of her wings, for having put such a strain on her, clearly on purpose. Instead she caught herself quickly enough, but couldn't stop herself from embracing the King in a quick and chaotic hug, that almost toppled both of them.
"Thank you!" she exclaimed like a small hatchling having gotten a present, not yet susceptible for his conditions.

Only when she had calmed down a bit, did she truly listen to what he was saying and nodded. It was a thought that had crossed her mind too. "I was hoping on King Baldirak's blessing so I could start with the Earthwings, give the Nightwings some time to adjust to the idea of me being there. That way I could maybe befriend some Earthwings, gaining me some more footing there and hopefully someone to have my back." When Attor began stressing she should try to behave herself, she just started smiling almost coyly, going down into a rather graceful, but mocking bow to the King of the Starlights. "You will have my word on this, your majesty." She came back up and smiled at Attor, nodding in a more serious manner. "I may be clumsy, but I know how to behave myself and I will try my best not to embarrass you."
Helia
Helia
LightWing Scholar
LightWing Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Attor Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:03 pm

With a sigh of near relief Attor said to the dragoness, "Helia, I don't doubt you but I pray you know what you're doing." He couldn't help but be concerned about the situation at hand. The Starlights would be losing a member only for a few months but still, it was detrimental that they have upper numbers, not losses. Temporary nor permanent.

Walking to the mouth of the cave, Attor set his satchel down and undid his wings, flapping them quickly to prepare them for a long flight. It had been... too long since his travel to the Earthen Land in the East. Last time he went it was the Imperial City that was brimming last with so many dragons, so much trade and business, so much life and success. He didn't know if the place was still functioning like before, maybe the invasion happened there and half the city was reclaimed if not some of it? It was only recent that Attor saw Baldirak, maybe not in high spirits but regardless it gave the Sovereign an idea that the EarthWings were still alive and well. Right?

Attor stopped his fluttering and went to outside, taking in a deep breath and exhaling. It was a nice day, and by the time he returned it would be dusk or maybe right about then. Leaping into the air, Attor fluttered with relative ease until he was floating midair. He awaited for Helia to do the same and for them to take off. The last time Attor went to the Imperial Capitol was... for some awkward reason, he couldn't even remember it. With that said, no doubt there would be guardians patrolling the territory.
Attor
Attor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helia Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:27 am

It most likely wasn't smart in this situation to admit, that she was praying too. She did know she needed this trip to finish her research, but she had no idea whether the King of the Imperium would even consider letting her stay with them, much less letting her use the library and resources of the Twilight Imperium. She had never met a member of the Imperium, so far it had only been Starlights and one rather strange and lost IceWing, but no Earth-, Fire- or NightWings. The latter was probably a lucky coincidence.

To be quite honest, she hadn't thought about the NightWings hatred towards her kin, mostly because she found it silly, but also because she didn't want anything to scare her away from daring this step. But she was awfully happy to have Attor of all dragons at her side while they travelled to the Imperium. Not only did she believe in his fighting skills more than in her own, but his word would most likely have a lot more weight with the King than just her own.

Excitedly she followed the Sovereign to the the mouth of the cave, rising into the air besides him, albeit a bit confused by the fact that he seemed to want to leave right now. "I need to stop by my house before we leave." She let the Sovereign know and then began heading towards her home. It wasn't a far flight and she had already packed her bag in an excited rush, so she pretty much just had to pop in and get it.

The house had changed quite a bit since the last time Attor had been there, having now real walls and a fully built second story with an open terrace large enough for landing and flying off. That was exactly where she now landed to quickly rush into the house and grab her bag, just to be on her way out again in a few minutes.
Helia
Helia
LightWing Scholar
LightWing Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Attor Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:26 am

Taking the lead or was taking it anyway, Attor gave Helia a glance as she spoke and he allowed her to take this lead. Truth be told, he'd completely forgot where her den was but didn't want to admit to such. It was a bit embarrassing, but with how much was to be done in the past months Attor had completely forgotten the dens location. Luckily he still had Helia for that, taking him to one of the few large floating islands. It had been... months, a bit longer maybe since he's every returned here. Thanks to his savior, Attor never forgot the floating islands. As a matter of fact he thought about moving everything onto them, away from Helias den of course, and settle there away from the majority of the monsters.

As they flew, Attor saw one of the islands, and when they grew closer he noticed the outline of a building till' they were near it. It was big, clearly coming up from the rocks and ground of the island, a building with walls and crafted with careful paws. It was lovely on the outside, and Attor kept a mental note on the exterior of the structure. There was an terrace that was made to easily fly off and onto, an idea Attor had never even thought of, and for someone who found a Yellow Moonstone it seemed this time he was outdone. But this was a little secret he'd keep to himself.

"I see your home is finally finished," Attor stated Inna chipper tone, "It's beautiful, you must be quite a craftsdrake. But let me ask you this, have you been to the other islands yet?" His compliment was followed by an odd question, typical though, as Attor was always unpredictable. He had the honesty, creativity and curiousness of a hatchling, pure and unbound, believing there were no limits to what he could do. But he had the logic of an adult, the smarts of one as well as patience and wisdom... well, mostly wisdom. For as young as he was, Attor had learned and accomplished so much, but for as young as he was, the Sovereign still had much to learn and do. His priority? The Order of Starlights. For in this moment? Helias conquest and thirst for knowledge.
Attor
Attor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helia Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:14 am

The dragoness turned a flattered, soft shade of pink when Attor complimented her home. It wasn't that great! Quite a lot of the stones had chips, where she had tried to carve in a couple murals. One could only vaguely they were supposed to be dragons. And the edges weren't completely straight or the walls not fully in line, but for having it done mostly on her own - her sisters had been of very little help! - she was rather happy with how it turned out. She had made the lowest floor a little bigger, now having a more spacious kitchen, as well as storage room, but hshe was most proud of her study atop the mountain.
Helia had turned the second story into bedrooms for her and her sisters and had put the study right at the top of the house, easily accessible through the terrace, but with enough curves in the walls and doors to protect the precious notes and scribbles on the inside. She did spent most of her tme outside of the big terrace though, enjoying her work in the sunlight or while being able to watch the sky.

His question confused her for a second, while she slung her bag across he chest, ready for takeoff again. She looked towards the closest flying island, thinking for a moment. "Only to a few of them. I found this one rather quickly and decided to settle down here. I've been to some during my expeditions, but not all of them. A few smaller ones even change their position with the wind currents, so it's kind of hard to really keep track of which one I visited." She shrugged. The islands hadn't really been her priority and when she had almost gotten lost one time, because the island had started drifting with the wind, she had become a little more cautious. "Why?" she asked, curious about the reason for this odd enquiry. Attor was always one for strange interests, she had learned as much, but he usually had some intention behind his questions, maybe even a sparkling new ideas for the starlights.

She truly admired the dragon for his dedication to his tribe and the work he put into it. Of course she had already seen which toll it could take on him, but he seemed like he had more control over it now. His newly revived passion for plants and potions creating a good balance with his need to push the starlights and rebuild them. Hopefully he wouldn't lose this while she was away. It would be hard to check up on him. Since she had cared for him, after he had broken down in front of her, she felt a little bit of responsibility for him, especially from keeping him from running himself ragged. Maybe he would visit? That would be nice. He could escape his daily life for a little bit or further connections to the Imperium, maybe even forging an alliance at one point, or just spent time with her. That would be nice indeed!
Helia
Helia
LightWing Scholar
LightWing Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Attor Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:50 am

As Attor simply looked over the place, he could tell there were faults here and there but it wasn't anything of major concern. It takes a lot to craft something like this, a whole house took time as he's seen before so he couldn't exactly criticize Helias work. Why should he, when he thought her work was amazing? Chuckling as the dragoness turned a slight shade of pink, she doing a bag over herself and turned to the Sovereign. Attor stopped in his tracks to view the dragoness in the sunlight, staring at her for a brief second lost for words until continuing with her question.

"Ugm, oh yes, the islands! Well the truth is I've still been planning out the expansion of the tribes territory. Once we've grown in size that is. I've been considering the islands, maybe just a select few as they are away from most monsters." Attor explained, though it seemed a bit much in detail, to him this was very light detail. There was far more to it than anyone would realize, and his goal wouldn't flourish until the scourge on the plain were eradicated if not half of it. It wouldn't flourish until both the old kingdoms were reclaimed.

"Are we done here?" Attor asked kindly as he took to the air, hovering just above the den. He wanted to get this done with as a hidden excitement built in his mind. The Imperium heavily on his mind, the chance to see the great capitol again, a chance to see the Earth King again would be just Grand.
Attor
Attor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helia Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:33 am

"Hmm..." The islands might be a nice place for the settlement, although some of them tended to drift. They were mostly Monster free, as Attor has already mentioned and the big advantage of only being accessible to flying creature, which meant no way for humans to come close to the settlement, although she hadn't really seen many of them in the Starlight territory. Better careful than sorry, after all they all knew what the humans had managed to do to the Earthwings. "It might be a good idea. Definitely fitting for SkyWings and LightWings alike, you'd probably have to fashion ropes or another way of attaching the islands to each other, just in case one decides to drift. We wouldn't want a part of the tribe going to sleep and suddenly waking up somewhere else." She smiled at Attor, completely oblivious to the way he had looked at her just a few seconds ago. She tended to overlook things like that, not really being used to other dragons being interested in her in any way. Yet, she did have a small problem with the tribe moving up here, after all she had chosen this place specifically to be away from them. "I would appreciate it though, if you'd keep a distance between my home and the tribe." She wasn't ready to go back to living among them, didn't know if she would ever be.

The Sovereign took to the sky again, an air of anticipation surrounding him, that quickly spread to her. With a big smile she nodded moved across the terrace, looking back at her home for just a last glance and then pushing off to join the Sovereign in the air. Time to begin her journey to the Imperium and the finishing of her studies. She was truly excited and couldn't shake the grin off her face. In her head she was imagining what it might look like, how the buildings were designed and how their culture might be different. She had never met an Earthwing before had only heard about them being the three times her size, massive like the mountains themselves. And the firewings with their powerful fire breath, or the Nightwings with sleek black scales. She was almost like an overexcited hatchling again, eager to see the world and safe due to the Sovereign joining her. "Have you ever been to the Imperium?" she asked the dragon next to her, looking at him while riding a soft current of air, that way she didn't have to flap her wings as much.
Helia
Helia
LightWing Scholar
LightWing Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Attor Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:25 am

Years passed, well two years passed since his last visit to the Imperium territory. Attor was like a hatchling almost, excitement taking over as he flew just a little ahead unaware of his speed. He turned his head to realize he'd gone a bit too fast, his SkyWing speed even for a hybrid watched by a LightWing. He slowed till the dragoness caught up. Then the question was asked of he'd ever been to those lands. Looking ahead Attor seemingly had a smile on his face before answering, "Yes actually! You wouldn't believe the size of their city, how beautiful it is even if half of it is built underground, but the capital more so. When the three tribes first merged I had no idea of it until a month later when I visited it for some ingredients.

The streets were full and busy, it seemed so much more advanced for a civilization of dragons, well maybe construction-wise. Not nearly as crafty as humans but well hidden enough to remain invisible from the humans and other tribes. Luckily I had my Honor Guard that guided me, Kjorvik who used to be a guardian of the EarthWings before the humans attacked. That was when I first met Baldirak. However I've yet to meet his mate who governs the Fire Dragons, said she's supposed to be beautiful or something like that... I think her name was Karambi? And then there is the Arkhan Tendril who rules the Night Dragons... I might be getting their names wrong, I've only ever heard bits and pieces of them."

It would seem Attor only remembered Baldirak's name from actually meeting him. That time he helped a juvenile EarthWing get patched up and the Earth King visited... damn his scout, but gods bless her soul as she was... well, it's best to leave that in the past. He wasn't afraid of showing his face around the territories, hell, Attor assumed the Imperium was still used by the dragons that lived there. Earth-, Fire-, and NightWings, with those three combined powers they had to have been unstoppable. Attor could see the mainland as he rambled on about the markets, society, and random things about the Imperium he's experienced.
Attor
Attor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helia Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:42 am

She liked it when Attor grew excited and started rambling. It was something she found quite endearing in other dragons and liked encouraging this flow of words. It was nice to see other dragons be passionate or lost in happy memories and currently his excitement was quite infectious, making her grin and gleam with her own version of this excitement. Hers was born not from having been to the Imperium and now revisiting, but from the anticipation of seeing it with her own eyes. She had only ever heard stories about the kingdom of the Earthwings or their sheer size. They were supposed to be giants even among dragons and Helia could only imagine the buildings such giants lived in.
She was equally excited about meeting the Firewings, curious about whether their scales were buring hot and what their fire might look like. Every breed that could survive the burning temperatures of active volcanoes had to be amazing!
Not to mention the NightWings, in her mind they were sleek and keen of mind, hiding amongst the deepest shadows, eyes peering out of it and straight into her soul. Oh how much she was looking forward to meeting them all, learning about these other tribes, even though she knew how dangerous it could be to meet the NightWings. But right now she had no time for thinking about dangers! This was a time to be excited!

"Oh it sounds wonderful! I'm excited to see it with my own eyes! I wonder if they are friendly, though." She was a little bit worried about not finding friends or colleagues and growing to be an outsider. Even though she was a bit of a loner here, she was a rather social dragon and being all alone in a foreign territory would make for a much too lonely time.

Time flew by as she was listening to Attor's stories. She didn't notice the main land coming into sight until they were already flying above green forests, having left the sea far behind. That probably meant it wasn't far until they would finally be at the Imperium! These had to be the rogue lands that seperated their territories, she wondered what kind of dragons lived there and how they got along without having tribes to belong to. Were Night- and Lightwings just getting along there? Or were they all feuding between each other? Prejudice and Hate surpassing the boundaries or territories.
Helia
Helia
LightWing Scholar
LightWing Scholar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down