Dragons Roleplaying Forum
Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Harsh Realities (Open to Humans) Dragon10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! I greet all you guests warmly. Don't be scared, we won't bite! Us roleplayers are very active and have some experience. Our moderators and admins are always eager to help! We often hang out in the chatbox. So go on ahead, and join us today!

Harsh Realities (Open to Humans) Dragon10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Quick Links

Site Rules

Contact Staff

Celestia: astral@rpgdragons.com Baldirak: baldirak@rpgdragons.com

Latest topics
» Memories Frozen in Monochrome [Tenebris]
by Discord Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

» Awakening
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 am

» Time To Rebuild (Open/Twilight Imperium.)
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:02 am

» Red Death bio
by king dino Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:12 pm

» My reasoning
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:54 pm

» Harsh reality
by Taramafor Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

» WIP Character Leveling
by Astral Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:10 pm

» Goodbye, DRF
by Attor Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

» Garden of Shadows [Tenebris, Sting, + family]
by Cyclone and Typhoon Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

» The Sunset's Shadow
by Attor Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:54 pm

» Where Blood Don't Run (Incus/Tenebris)
by Incus Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm

» When Kryo Goes to War (Read Only)
by Svadilfare Fri May 12, 2023 2:37 pm

» Skycrossed Meeting (Lilith)
by Wake Mon May 08, 2023 7:16 pm

» Pinkshade Reunion [OPEN TO ALL]
by Attor Mon May 08, 2023 12:37 am

» A Fistful of Temptation [Tenebris]
by Tenebris Sat May 06, 2023 1:44 pm

» In Shadows [Searching for the Kakos Gem]
by Soshi Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

» A New Winter Forward (Icewing Lore)
by Snowblaze Fri May 05, 2023 1:51 pm

» Major Ability for Volter: Pherokinesis
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

» Styrkur, Reborn From Ice
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am

» Dolus
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:31 am

» Volter the Tattler
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:30 am

» Belladonna the Flos
by Baldirak Sapiens Draco Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am

» Totally Normal Humans (Paradox)
by Soshi Wed May 03, 2023 1:27 pm

» Searching and Planning (Open, Humans)
by Soshi Tue May 02, 2023 6:03 pm

» Let There Be Pancakes (Read Only)
by Kelarth Mon May 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 315 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 pm
Affiliates

Our Buttons:

Our Affiliates:

Harsh Realities (Open to Humans)

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Harsh Realities (Open to Humans) Empty Harsh Realities (Open to Humans)

Post by Solomon Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:22 pm

Solomon and Sir Horus were being lead by a wretched specimen of a Peasant, the poor soul had come to the Knights as they were making their way to the Capital along the trade road, the main route through Leostonnia which lead from the South of the Realm through to the Capital and into the countries Northern Dukedoms. The Peasant apparently was part of a group of fleeing peasants who had been hunting within the Kings wood, the largest forest nearest the Capital and seeing it as their duty, Solomon and his companion rallied several men at arms at a nearby watchtower and went into the forest to find these illegal poachers. The Peasant sold out his brethren merely to save himself from the law, he named their crimes. Poaching, avoiding taxes, and killing a yeoman along with stealing a truffle swine.

They approached the location where these serfs had encamped, beneath an upturned rotting wagon, upturned into a makeshift shelter, the heavy early morning fog had hidden their approach and the many of the Peasants no doubt still slept within the early hours of the morn, yet the signs of the makeshift encampment was there, along with a fire pit, its embers still flickering, one of the simpletons what stood relieving himself unknownst with his back turned as the two knights with their cadre of Men-at-arms appeared, turning the hunchback’s uneven eyes bulged in their sockets as he focused on the pair of Knights sitting astride their massive warhorses, swallowing hard it was clear his heart lurched as he looked up in shock. “Sam, you sod, you sold us out!” the Peasant cried as he noticed the commoner betside Solomon and Horus who had brought them to the location. “Silence!”, snapped Horus who was bedecked in black and red, the colours and heraldry of his Household, his voice cultured and noble with each word clearly enunciated and far from the crude accent of the lower classes.

“Lower your gaze wretch”, Snarled Horus as he glared down upon the peasant, and as the commoner lowered himself to his knees he’d call out again “Lower!”, the Peasant then prostrated himself on the ground, pushing his face into the mud. It was a pitiful sight thought Solomon but he could not disagree with Sir Horus that he was far to harsh, instead he merely sighed. The Third Born Prince of Leostonnia, who bore his Black and gold heraldry called out in a loud enough regal voice across the clearing “I am, Sir Solomon Wyrmfyre, Duke of Candor Keep, and Prince to our fair Leostonnia”. At that the peasant upon the ground pushed his face deeper into the mud. “You peasants are trespassing on the Castellan of Brighthaven’s Forest, the vassal of the King himself!.

Solomon’s face was dark as he surveyed the effect of his words. Panicked voices rose from beneath the rotting wagon, accompanied by a frantic scrabbling. A dull wooden thump was followed by a curse, as one of the peasants sat up too quickly and struck his head. A putrid, dank blanket was thrown aside, and Solomon’s nose wrinkled in disgust as he watched the wretched peasant outlaws begin to crawl out from beneath their crude shelter, their eyes wide with fear. Sir Horus gave a snort of disbelief, “By the Light, look at the number of them, huddled together under there like vermin”. Solomon while he thought the comment was unsavoury had to agree with his companion. The peasants must of been practically sleeping on top of each other to have all sheltered beneath the wagon. They stood up, glancing nervously at each other, scratching themselves. Solomon thought that they truly were a pathetic looking bunch of individuals, encrusted with filth, they were uniformly scrawny, malformed and retched. Several had pronounced limps and twisted legs, while others had grotesque protruding foreheads, lazy eyes, and teeth that stuck out at all angles from lips blackened with dirt. As far as Solomon could make out, at least one of their number was a woman, though she was no less filthy than the others.

The peasants squinted around themselves with slack-jawed nervousness. Solomon’s gaze swept around the makeshift encampment, and fell on the blackened, skeletal carcass spitted over the fire pit. It was clearly the remnants of a young deer, which it was illegal for a commoner to hunt and kill, let alone eat. Sighing he turned back towards the rabble. “You are illegally encamped on the Kings own land. You are accused of poaching, the Castellan of Brighthaven’s stock. The proof of this claim is there in front of me. More than this, you are accused of avoiding taxed levied by the Castellan, a vassal of his majesty the King. It is also claimed that one of your number killed a yeoman in the service of the castellan and stole his truffle swine. As such, you are outlawed, and will be accompanied to the hamlet of Brighthaven, where you will face the penalty for such crimes”.

Several of the peasants broke into tears at the pronouncement, while others dropped to their knees. They all knew that the pronouncement was as good as a death sentence. Shouts of protest and despair erupted from coarse throats. A scuffle erupted, and two of the peasants fell on another, grabbing him forcefully “It was Benno, here mi’lord what done the yeoman in! It was him! We done nothin’!”. Horus, who had circled around behind the wagon, gave a derisive snort, and answered before Solomon could even respond. “Did he force you to flee the service of your Lord? Did he force you to poach, and eat of Lord Brighthaven’s venison? No, I think not. You will all hang”. “Have mercy, young lords!” one of the peasants cried, before collapsing, sobbing into the mud. “Sergeant! Take them into your custody” Solomon ordered before releasing yet enough sigh. The small detachment of men-at-arms walked out of the mist, carrying tall shields painted in red and yellow of the Castellan of Brighthaven. They carried simple staves, topped with curved blades and hooks. One of them held an old sword proudly in his hand and nodded his head at Solomon’s command.

The men-at-arms began trudging towards the peasants. Lowborn themselves, the men-at-arms were only a little less pathetic in appearance than the outlaws. They were peasants too, after all though Solomon. “You there!” shouted Cantor Horus, seeing movement beneath the wagon. His warhorse snorted and stamped its hooves, sensing the tension in its rider. “Come out now!”. Solomon stood in the stirrups, trying to see what was happening. There was a flash of movement, and Horus' steed reared. A sharp crack resounded as the flailing hooves connected, and a body fell heavily to the ground. Shouting erupted anew from the peasants, and they broke into movement. “Hold!”, Solomon shouted, attempting to be as regal and dignified as he could in the chaos in an attempt to maintain authority. “Any man that runs will be assumed guilty and cut down! Sergeant! Take them!”.

The men-at-arms tried to restore order, pushing several of the peasants roughly to their knees with the butts of their polearms. “They’ve killed Guff!” shouted one particular filthy man, who had clumps of hair missing from his head. He slammed his fist into the face of one of the soldiers, and Solomon cursed. Others cried out, either in protest or fear, and Solomon could hear Horus swearing in the foreground. “Stupid *****! Shouted Horus. “The Vermin came at me!” His voice was incredulous. A peasant outlaw grabbed one of the men-at-arms’ weapons, struggling against him. At a barked order from the Sergeant, the other soldiers began laying about them with impunity, knocking peasants down into the mud with fierce blows. Solomon swore again--this wasn't how he desired events to turn--and muscled his massive warhorse into the fray. He slammed the butt of his lance onto the head of one of the struggling peasants, and the man collapsed unconscious in the mud. Benno, the man accused by his comrades of murdering the yeoman, broke free of the restraining grip of him and bolted for the trees.

Kicking his spurs into the side of his mount, Solomon broke free of the scuffle in pursuit, forcing men to leap out of his way, lest they be trampled. Hooves pounded up the muddy ground as he closed quickly on Benno. Solomon thundered past him and pulled his steed sharply into his path. Benno, breathing hard, halted, eyed the Prince warily, and holding his hands up in from of himself. “I warned you not to run”, Solomon spoke with a harshness in his tone of voice while glowering with outrage, “But I wish to see no more blood spilt here today. Get back with the others before I change my mind”, Solomon then indicated sharply with his chin. The man’s shoulders slumped, and he turned back to where the men-at-arms were finally restoring order. A flicker of movement attracted Solomon’s attention, and he saw a roughly clothed shape clamber atop the rotting wagon, a bow in his hands. “Ware the wagon!” he shouted, even as the man drew back the bowstring, an arrow nocked. Solomon could not believe what he was seeing, for a peasant to draw arms against one of noble born or one of his retainers was almost beyond comprehension.

Solomon Wyrmfyre kicked his horse forward, shouting. The bowman spun around at Solomon’s cry, his bow swinging in the Prince’s direction, and loosed his arrow. It slammed into Solomon’s shoulder, and he reeled in his saddle. It felt like he had been kicked by a stallion, but he did not fall. He felt no pain, merely the shock of the impact, and he looked down incredulously at the shaft of the arrow protruding from the hole it had punched in his steel armoured attire. The bowman lowered his weapon, his mouth gaping wide as he registered the foolish, hasty act that had certainly doomed him. There was a shout of outrage and disbelief from Sir Horus and the men-at-arms. The Bowman half-jumped, half-fell from his position on the wagon, and began racing away towards the trees, panic lending him speed.

Solomon touched a hand to the arrow, still in shock at the peasant’s action. Cantor Horus pounded across the ground upon his stead, quickly closing the gap with the fleeing bowman, his lance lowering expertly before him. Several men-at-arms also broke into a run in pursuit of the fleeing man. The lance took the peasant in the lower back, punching through his body, and with that he fell with a cry. Cantor rode past him and pulled his steed around sharply. The Man’s piteous cries were ended as the men-at-arms reached him and slammed their polearms down onto his head, smashing his skull and silencing him for good. “Your Grace, are you hurt?”, asked a voice at Solomon’s side, he looked down into the concerned, coarse face of the Sergeant at his side. “I have an arrow in my shoulder, Hugues…”, stated Solomon dryly. The man reddened, but Solomon nonetheless waves him away, “I’m fine”.

Swinging his shield over his back, he gripped the shaft of the arrow tightly, it had punched under his pauldron, breaking several of the chainmail links beneath, before sinking into the thick padding he wore beneath his armour, though it had not reached his skin. Thankfully, the shot had been taken in haste, a fully drawn longbow fired at such close range could easily have killed him. He pulled the arrow free, tossing it to the ground. The other peasants had ceased their struffles, and knelt compliantly in the mud while the men-at-arms stood over them grimly. Several of them were whimpering, and all looked blankly around, their faces pale, shocked by the actions of their comrade.

Sir Cantor, his face thunderous, rode back to the peasants, his steed stamping and snorting, sensing its riders fury. He reversed the grip on his lance, and thrust its point forcefully into the ground before sliding from the saddle. He drew his arming sword from its scabbard with a metallic hiss, and advanced on the closest of the kneeling peasants, who stared up at him in numb horror. The men-at-arms flicked glances between them, but none of them would dare to step in the path of the enraged noble. “Cantor!”, said Solomon, a warning tone in his voice, his companion ignored him, striding purposefully towards the peasants, the sword held firmly in his hand. “Horus!” he said more forcefully, finally giving Cantor pause. The Knight swung his head towards Solomon, his wavy red fair flickering. “I said stop, hold your arm. I will not see these people killed in cold blood”. Cantor gaped at Solomon in bewildered astonishment, as if he had suddenly sprouted horns.

“Your Grace”, Cantor gasped, “You have been struck by a cowardly arrow fired by one of their number, you, not only a noble son of Leostonnia, but the seed of his majesty himself! An example must be made of these wretches”. “Just punishment had been meted out to the offender, sheath your blade”, spoke Solomon matter-of-factly. “But-” began Cantor. “Sheath your sword, Cantor, as the sire of his majesty, I demand it,'' said Solomon forcefully, cutting Cantor off. Reluctantly, Cantor did so. He stormed away from the peasants, giving a glare to Solomon as he remounted. He pulled his lance free from the earth. “Are you alright, your Grace?”, he asked, his scowl fading. “My heart skipped a beat when I saw that fool loose that shaft”, “Tis’ nothing”, replied Solomon. “It didn't even break the skin”, he smiled broadly and shook his head, exhaling slowly. The years slipped away as his strong face relaxed.  

“Sergeant”, Solomon began, “We are done here, Sir Cantor on myself will ride ahead to Brighthaven, where we will await you and yours, for the trail and execution within the Square”. The grim Sergeant touched the brim of his Helm respectfully “I will bind ‘em, mi’lord, just un case any of’em try to make a run for it”. “Do as you must”, Solomon replied, waving a hand dismissively. He turned his steed away, his heart still racing. A wretched, squinting peasant stood before him, clutching a cloth cap in his hands. It was the man who had guided the Prince to the outlaws. He was a weasel but at least he knew his place. Solomon raised an eyebrow inquisitively. “Well?” He asked. “Mi’lord”, the peasant began, “Since I led ye’ ‘ere faithfully, I was hopin’ that, if it ain’t tae’ much of trouble, that perhaps I could… My family is poor, Mi’lord, and I have no food fer’ ‘oor little ‘ens. That is tae’ say, I…”. The Greed of the lower classes was without bounds, thought Solomon, as he continued to stare in silent scrutiny as the man before him, they tilled the lands of their lord faithfully, and in return were allowed to keep a share of their produce, and were protected from harm. “You will be recompensed for this duty, peasant”, Solomon cut in.

The man dropped to his knees in the mud, bowing and scraping. “Ye’re too kind, Mi’Lord”, said the peasant, though Solomon found it almost impossible to understand his words, spoken out of the side of his mouth and thickly accented. “Sergeant” said Solomon, “See that this man is recompensed I think a half copper would be more than generous”, “Far more than generous” said Cantor darkly. “Thank you, Lord! Thank you” said the peasant, lowering his head to the ground once again. “I’m sorry to detain you, my Lord” started the Sergeant “But the truffle swine? Shall I have it returned to the Castellan?”, “Have it given to this man here” stated Solomon feeling rather generous, “In lieu of his payment. If that suits you, peasant?”. The kneeling Peasants eyes widened in shock as a lopsided grin spread across his face “Oh yes, Lord! You are most generous indeed”. Sighing to himself under his breath Solomon then nodded back at the Sergeant “See it done then”. Wheeling his horse around Solomon exchanged a glance with Cantor before they both turned back in the direction of Brighthaven.

“Come now Grandeur, you can beat him this time”, Solomon whispered to his steed as he leaned forward in the saddle, patting her dapple grey neck. With one final grin to his companion Cantor, he shouted and kicked his destrier Grandeur into a gallop. Giving their powerful steeds' their heads, the pair of young Knights raced through the mist-shrouded trees, rejoicing in the feeling of freedom and power. The icy wind pulled at the caparisons of their steeds, the wonderful array of colours dancing in the wind which seemed to urge the horses on ever faster. Both Solomon and Cantor rode well, completely at ease in the saddle, from their time as children, like all youths of the nobility they had been placed in the saddle before they even learnt to walk, like most Knights of Leostonnia it was as natural as breathing to them. As they made their way through the forest, sighting the small town of Brighthaven, a vassal Lord of the King’s own central Dukedom at the heart of Leostonnia the two knights eased, reining in their steeds. All in all it was only around three miles from the occurence in the woods to the town yet due to the protected thick layers of plate barding, the caparisons the the fully armoured knights what rode atop them, the two warhorses were lathered in sweat, and their massive chests heaved in great gulps of air. Solomon would pat Grandeur’s neck fondly, he had raised the destrier from a foal and she was a fine strong noble beast.

The town was on a rise, overlooking the verdant rolling hills of grassland, where clustered in fluffy white clumps across the hills were peasant shepherds and some of their small hamlets. The sun was now breaking free of the clouds, making the whole region glow with light and beyond on the horizon one could just make out the outline of the gleaming Capital City of Leostonnia. Brighthaven stood as a motte and bailey, an old fortification which was originally created to protect the roads, however since the years that the Capital became the seat of the King and Leostonnia, the small defensive structure has become a trading community, the castle itself was aged yet not particularly strong, the stone keep sits on a hill with a flattened top, along with a watchtower rising fifty feet higher. Below the hill is a bailey containing stables, paddock, smithy, well, defended by a ditch, earthen dikes, and a palisade of logs. Stalwart's mossy outer walls are protected by two square towers and wallwalks. Outside of the Bailey however is the rest of the town, almost seemingly having been burst from the walls, cobblestone streets and an array of houses in varying wealth make a square like shape which served as the centre with the main road to the capital leading right through it, here market stalls stood and tradesmen ply their works.

In the very centre of the market square stood a gallows, it was there that the peasants would be executed and where both Solomon and Cantor would await for the Sergeant and the men-at-arms. Still catching their breath the two Knights would make for a sight, still collecting their breaths from the ride and yet to dismount, the two made their way through into the centre. Solomon would then remove his Helm, by grasping it by the plume pulling it free from his visage, his chainmail coif falling to his shoulders allowing his silvery blonde hair to be caught freely by the mild breeze which seemed to be permeating around the area. A crowd would already begin to form as men and women turned from the market stalls to see why these two Knights of the Crown had rushed into the town so eagerly.
Solomon
Solomon
Human Prince

Back to top Go down

Harsh Realities (Open to Humans) Empty Re: Harsh Realities (Open to Humans)

Post by Soshi Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:45 pm

Soshi smiled as she sat at her little simple stand. She was almost sure that if the other gods had known this was what she was doing, they'd have a cow. Using her elemental powers to, of all things, grow fruit out of season. It was a decent cover at least. Plus, she could charge double. She had ended up in Leostonnia on during her travelling mostly out of the protection from the other gods. She noticed people moving though.

The woman walked through the crowd to see two Leostonnia knights at the gallows. Usually, someone at the gallows wouldn't even catch her attention, but she'd noticed a particular trend when the knights came around. It tended to be a lot of death for no reason. So this time, she'd be curious. She walked over to a villager that tended to know thing, nudging him.

"Any idea what's going on this time? I'll pay you if I need to. I just want to know."
Soshi
Soshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:02 pm

The crowd was beginning to congregate and converge within the square,  like a writhing mass they seemed to surround the two Knights in the centre and the gibbet their two powerful steeds stood near, the mood of the people swirled in unseen currents beneath the dark surface of their faces. At first there was silence as there was almost an awe stuck stare at the Knights before then the majority of the shamble of peasants with their dirty smudged faces and unholy stench of body odour began rumbling as rumours began spreading throughout the crowd in a tidal wave of gossip. It was a male in relative fine clothing designating him as a traveling merchant who turned to speak to Soshi, his garb was a burgundy brocade doublet, his features were soft and round without the usual blemishes or uncleanliness of the usual peasantry. “There is no need for coin, my dear”, replied the Merchant as he gave a simple smile to Soshi, “Rumours are that these Knights went out in the early hours of the morn’ with a cadre of guards in search of some delinquent poaches, that’s as far as I know at least”.

Meanwhile Solomon lowered himself from the stirrups of Granduer, grasping hold of the reins of the steed with his left hand while he composed himself, under his right arm he held his large plate decorate helm as he examined the mass which had formed before him and his companion. His attention was caught by one of the men-at-arms who wore the heraldry of Brighthaven upon his gambeson, carrying a large halberd and leaning slightly as the man appeared to be blinking away sleep, surely having had a rather boring guard duty within the townsquare and no doubt only just spurred back into alertness with the arrival of Solomon and Cantor. “You there, friend, call for your Lord, inform him we were triumphant in our quarry, and his men will be returning with the perpetrators shortly”, spoke Solomon and in turn the guard snapped to attention and bowed his head before breaking into a mild jog towards the castle through the gates of the bailey.

Solomon watched the guardsman go before returning his attention to the assembled crowd, declaring, his voice boomed over the crowd, becoming a strident timbre of clarity “Fair people of Brighthaven, know there will be soon a trial, for we have returned having found several serfs who had abandoned their Lord protector and now hunt within the very King’s forest, under the stewardship of your own Lord Brighthaven. Know that what we do, we do not do out of hatred or malice, we do what we must to ensure law and order, I ask for your patience and understanding until the trial and then sentence is administered”. With that the majority of the peasants in the crowd became jeering and eager, jittery in their excitement in a morbid glee that only came from these sort of public trials, they were after all, one of few forms of entertainment the low born folk had. The Merchant beside Soshi released a soft sigh under his breath as he turned his head to face Soshi once more “Damned fools, these lot will be a lynch mob before long, to quick to damn their fellows for sheer bloodsport”, the merchant spoke sorrowfully as he held silent judgement to the crowd who would soon demand the deaths of their own kin.

Collecting his thoughts Solomon turned towards the castle awaiting for Lord Brighthaven to appear, Solomon’s musings were broken by Cantor however. “You can’t be serious… One of those irksome wretches assaulted you, they deserve no trial, only death”, Cantor spoke quietly but in a sharp matter of factly tone. Solomon was taken off guard by Cantor’s outburst, opening his mouth to retort, however before he could do so Cantor removed one of his gauntlets and trotted forward slightly before the crowd. “There is to be no trial, these fools will be executed to the man, such lowly creatures dared to assault a Prince of the blood!”, Spoke Cantor as though challenging the crowd before he gestured to Solomon. Solomon’s eyes widened in shock, the Prince made it a note not to wear the royal colours to remain unknown in his errant quests throughout the realm, and now his long time friend was not only stating who he was but demanding the peasants have no trial, many of whom would have family and kin within this very crowd, even Solomon knew he could not content with a tide of angry peasants if a riot broke out.

Cantor threw down his gauntlet on the ground in front of the crowd “I demand satisfaction on behalf of my liege Lord, I Sir Cantor of House Horus declare now that tis’ my duty to see these culprits put to death the moment they arrive without trial, any who would deny me such satisfaction, now is your time to speak!”, said Cantor his voice echoing through the square. Solomon could barely contain a retort, he was half tempted to grasp the gauntlet upon the ground and challenge his old friend himself. Solomon had spent his youth alongside Cantor, and while his companion was an honourable man, he let his zealotry and aggressive nature get the best of him. Solomon turned his head looking towards the keep only to find Lord Brighthaven still had not appeared much to his dismay for the Lord could of brought swift order to this matter. There would be nothing for it then, the Prince could not rebuke Cantor as he had acted on behalf of Solomon and to make him take back his word would be an insult on the man's honour. If the declaration had to stand then so be it, Solomon muttered a prayed to the Light that no one would step forth from the crowd to accept Cantors challenge, there would be enough bloodshed and no more especially the innocent need die.
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Soshi Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:53 am

Soshi looked at the merchant, sighing a little as she looked out.

"Yeah. From what I've seen you can't hunt anywhere without being in a 'noble forest.' Hard enough for people to survive with those monsters and dragons out there as is." She shook her head, making sure flames didn't slip out. "And they see themselves as the just ones." One of the knights then declared a trial, and the people around... she could tell what they wanted. Say what you wanted about the independent cities, they didn't do this. Ok, her home town maybe, but it was a known hive of scum and villainy. She looked back to the merchant as he mentioned that the peasants wants. She nodded looking out. Then it went from bad to worse.

One... one of the knights... was the prince! Ok. She didn't know whether to be shocked or furious considering the second part. His partner decided to have no trial. All he wanted was blood, and his prince wouldn't even speak up to stop him! She wanted to stay hidden. She wanted to keep out of sight. But this.... This! she could lie down while this happened. She looked at the merchant, the irises of her eyes almost seeming to be ablaze. "That pompous.... I'm not just going to sit here while they slaughter them!" Soshi then walked up, grabbing the gauntlet and throwing it right back at the stupid, loud-mouthed knight.

"I think you left whatever honor you had in that stupid metal glove." She looked at him, a hint of flame coming off her hair from under the hood. "You'll yell about being satisfied, yet seem to forget a knight should have a little honor as well. I won't let your blade ever meet some people who's only crime is surviving in the wrong place." Yep. She was in the middle of it now. No backing down now. The only thing she could do now was fight.
Soshi
Soshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:17 pm

Solomon stood in silence as he looked upon a woman breaking free from the crowd and  holding aloft Cantors gauntlet before throwing it, returning it to Cantor which hit the Knight straight on the left ailette of his shoulder (Heraldric shoulder plate aegis). Solomon was awe struck for a brief moment, and raises his hand to stop this nonsense before it escalated, it was unheard of for a peasant challenging a Knight and none the less it brought forth further conflict within Solomon's beliefs and conviction in chivalry, that one was to always protect a maiden never to do them harm. Yet even as Solomon raised his hand, Cantor had drew his shorts word from its scabbard.

"So be it then wretch, before the Light itself, let your blood be the sanctity that these fools are to be slain", boomed Cantor, he would then lower himself from his steed, even the enraged Knight knowing it would be a dishonour to combat a foe on the ground while he was on horse back. He threw his scabbard to the ground as he then took his shield from his Saddle, his heraldry of Blue Lion rampant above two crossed axes paying harbinger to his current rage and brutality, he would thunder towards Soshi as he donned his great helm, decorated with a Lion rampart and a large white plume, he rose his shield as he readied himself as he spread as legs shoulder width apart adjusting his posture to support his weight ready for any strikes. "Give this knave a weapon, and let her reap what she has sown".

Solomon had heard enough, chivalry dictated the protection of the innocent and this woman was just that, she was standing up for her fellow man and nothing more. The Prince decided at this moment that the woman's strength to stand before Sir Horus shamed his own, she stood now as a paragon of virtue and justice, while Cantor seemed to represent the tyranny and corruption within Leostonnia which Solomon has sworn to stand against his entire life. Solomon drew his own blade, casting the scabbard to the side as he strode forth in confidence, he'd standing before Cantor and Soshi, he'd brandish his blade towards his companion. "W-what is this... My Prince", muttered Cantor in confusion.

Solomon ignored him, turning his head over his right shoulder ailette as he regarded Soshi. "Fair maiden, he claims to be championing me as I am his liege, yet I cannot stand by such to be carried out in my name. If you would allow me, I would give you such the same honour in turn for your bravery, allow me to champion your words and those you stand for in this moment in defence of". Solomon's drive was impulsive and he knew he'd regret this decision, he was after all now brandishing his blade towards one of his oldest companions and friends. Taking a deep inhale as he collected himself, settling that this would be the right cause of action, he gave a warm smile towards Soshi. "Your grace... Surely this is a jest..." Came Cantor, before Solomon in turn replied not even turning his attention to his one time friend "No jest Sir Cantor, this is my decision should this woman, allow me to act as harbinger to her cause", the Prince then spoke more softly to Soshi "May I know the name of such the woman who shows such bravery?".
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Soshi Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:34 pm

Soshi glared at Cantor, seeming more then ready to fight this "knight." He didn't deserve the title. Then he called her a wretch! He.... This got her blood boiling. She eyed him, ready to fight.

"You call me the wretch when you're so ready for blood? How did you even become a knight?" The goddess was ready to fight him without a weapon when, to her surprise, the prince, Solomon, stood between her and his own, "trusty knight." HE asked her name, and said that if she decided he would fight for her. She smiled a little, looking back at Cantor.

"Even the one your claim to represent has more honor than you. My name is Soshi. She then thought, looking at the "knight" before eyeing Solomon again. She'd never had someone offer to fight for her before. The woman gave her own smile back to Solomon before speaking. "If you wish. You've proven your honor my merely being willing."
Soshi
Soshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:46 am

Solomon took account of Soshi's words, as she stated he could act as her champion, he bowed his head towards her in a humble manner. A apart of him was ashamed that it had come to this, none the less, he felt proud that for once he was standing up for the injustice, he had no regrets for taking up arms against his one time companion for there had to be a line drawn, and should he have to be the one who heralds the change of injustice then so be it, Solomon would carry this torch with as much enthusiasm and pride as any who serve the Light in its callings to beat out wickedness and injustice. The Prince brandished his blade once more towards Cantor, "Should you withdraw now Horus, know that so too will the poachers be set free, for while you champion the cause of the Crown, I stand for this woman here, who is the champion of these folk as it seems".

Cantor was awe struck, he grasped the hilt of his sword tightly as he breath became panted and distressed, torn between from what he fought was right and from what his fealty to Solomon and the crown. This hesitation and internal conflict would last an entire two minutes of silence as his gaze flicked from Soshi to Solomon, and back and forth several times. Finally the Knight would drop to his knees unable to raise his blade to his Prince "Your Grace... Forgive me... I-I yield", said Cantor spoken in a defeated tone. Solomon would release a large exhale, releasing a holden breath he didn't know he had as relief filled him that he wouldn't actually have to cross swords with his friend, withdrawing his blade he strode forth to Horus, he'd offer and hand before pulling him to his feet.

As the two Knights now stood facing one another Horus held his gaze to the floor ashamed of what had transpired. Solomon would rest his hand on his friends pauldron before stating "You have withdrawn from the field... You have lost this duel. Present your Horse and steed, then I suggest you find yourself a carriage home..." said Solomon in a quiet manner, while Cantor then seemed to weep, the emotional confrontation clearly having taken its tole as he'd had seemed to be overwhelmed by the emotions caused by this conflict, he'd pull out his blade, before offering to Solomon. "No, I only acted on behalf on another", stated Solomon matter of factly before gesturing towards Soshi.

Horus would release a scoff of disdain and scorn yet submit to the words of his Prince as he walked over to Soshi, laying his shortsword at her feet, and handing the reins of his steed over to her. "Hold your smugness, and enjoy this victory why you can, nothing good will come of this" quietly spoke Horus as he briefly narrowed a glare of malice at Soshi making sure to not speak little more than a whisper that Solomon would hear. Solomon while adjusting his surcoat looked over his shoulder at Soshi and Horus before speaking calling out aloud "Miss Soshi, yes? I would offer you my hospitality, I ask you await for me until the men-at-arms arrive with the captives, I'm sure they'd like to thank their rescuer. Then if you would accept such an invitation I ask you join me in Lord Brighthavens keep".
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Soshi Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:53 am

Soshi watched, shocked as the man just gave up. His face showed it all. He was shocked to discover that his own prince had sided with her rather than take his own cause. The knight's admission of defeat mean that the poachers, people just trying to survive, would be freed. She smiled just a little, though even with those who were really innocent being saved, she could help but feel at least slightly bad for the loser. He was clearly hit hard by this. She was even more surprised when the knight brought his sword and horse.

She would slowly take the sword and reins, attaching the sword to her belt before walking hearing Horus's words. She glared at him, knowing that he would probably be an issue at some point. She was then called by the Prince, Solomon. She walked over, but not before sneakily ensuring Horus would find his boots caked in more mud then ever before. just bring a little water to the surface.

She was soon surprised by what Solomon wanted. He asked for her to stay and greet the captive who'd be free. That made sense. Then though, he asked if she would join him in Lord Brighthaven's keep. She tilted her head, thinking for a moment before nodding to him.

"That would definitely be an interesting venture. I'll accept the invite, though I have to ask if there's a reason more then just chivalry? Actual chivalry and not what your 'friend' practiced."
Soshi
Soshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:16 am

Solomon was somewhat still reeling from the confrontation with Horus, even though it was not physical, it was still enough to distress the Prince somewhat as it pained him to treat his companion so. None the less, he knew Horus had to be reeled in, and thus Solomon hoped that the Horus would see the error of his ways in time. While musing over this, Solomon was snapped back to reality by Soshi's words. He interlocked his hands behind his back in a formal manner as he strode closer to her presence, before bowing his head in a humble fashion. "Ah yes quite, I ask that you do not think of Sir Cantor in low regard, the man is loyal, faithful, and honourable in the field. If somewhat overzealous. He is not accustomed to such, his family has been advocates for the Serfdoms for centuries", the Prince spoke softly and offered a somewhat apologetic smile, knowing that even as he said the words it must seem insincere to Soshi after she had witnessed Horus's display. "Forgive me though, I doth not mean to impose, as my invitation isn't so ingenuous. While I admire thy compassion, none the less thee yourself art clearly not a peasant. Thou speak far too clearly and have a look about thee which does not striketh me as one who has tilled the fields in a lord's domain. If I havest a guess, I'd assume thou art rather a gentle daughter of the aristocracy having spirited yourself hence to see the world and experience adventure, or thou art a traveler from a different land. If thou would indulge me, pray tell, from which fiefdom or land do you hail from? And what brings thou to fair Leostonnia".
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Soshi Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:26 am

Soshi gave Solomon a surprised look as he asked her not to hold his friend in low regards. She also gave him a surprised look when he said the man's family advocated for the Serfdoms. Even though she didn't believe him, the prince at least seemed to see some good in his friend, but the goddess in hiding just couldn't believe him. At least not fully. He also offered a smiled, which did get a small one in return.

The man then apologized if he seemed to impose, and said that the invite wasn't without some suspicions. Solomon noted that Soshi didn't seem like a peasant, though she did note his mention of speaking clearly. Even though she rolled her eyes at that part, she did smile a little at his theories. "Well, you've got a good eye. I'm from the city of Anthropinos, pretty much in the middle of the continent, but I wasn't an aristocrat. If anything it's next to impossible with all the trade regulation there. I just.... Something happened that forced me to leave, and I've mostly been travelling ever since. Me and a new friend have settled in a village close to the boarder though, so since I'm good at getting things to grow, figured I could trade some fruit for coin." Sure, it wasn't the whole truth, but telling the whole story would make her look insane. So she left it at that.
Soshi
Soshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:52 am

Solomon seemed to ponder Soshi's words. The idea of a good education outside of the aristocracy and peerage was somewhat of an abnormal phenomenon for those within the lands of Leostonnia, yet the Prince knew of the other distant Human lands and cities which were culturally different and bizarre throughout the continent. Solomon himself had never experienced the other Human Kingdoms and societies but he had met foreign dignitaries and merchants over the years who carried exotic goods and oddities from across the world. As for Anthropinos, delegations from Queen Sonya had been welcomed over the years within the Leostonnian capital, and Solomon himself had at one point fought with his father in regard to him entertaining the idea of an arranged marriage with one of Sonya's distant cousins. "Something happened what forced thou to leave?", Solomon asked with a tilt of his head, for all he knew he was now conversing with a wanted criminal, a fact which wasn't so far fetched after witnessing the aforementioned affair with Sir Horus. It seemed to the Prince that this Soshi could very well be an advocate against authority. "I hope that this isn't something so dire that thou art meant to remain incognito", Solomon give a light-hearted laugh of mirth as he gestured to the crowd which had gathered previous "Otherwise I bethink associating with a Prince is quite the self-deprecating in that regard", Solomon said with mirth and a smile across his face, clearly indicating he did not mean such as an insult or a threat but merely light hearted observation.
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Soshi Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:20 pm

Soshi honestly couldn’t help but chuckle a little when Solomon asked if she had to remain hidden, noting talking to him might be a bad idea for it. “Oh, nothing like that really. More... lack of opportunities for me there. That and it’s called The Black City for a reason.” She looked around, sighing a bit. “Just mess with the wrong... people.” Again, not the whole truth, but she wasn’t about to try and explain this. She looked around at the people there. Smiling a little.

It was then that she looked back at Solomon, noticing a cart begin to roll up. ”I hope that Lord Brighthavens isn’t too mad about what I did here.”
Soshi
Soshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:30 am

Solomon pondered Soshi's answer regarding Anthropinos, it was clearly she wasn't telling the whole story and being *** with her answers, however he didn't feel the need to question the matter, should it become an issue there was a procedure for such things. Solomon then turned as the cart rolled up carrying the captive serfs with the men-at-arms marching alongside, he'd look back at Soshi "If you'd allow me a moment". Solomon would then turn on his heel in a militaristic manner and tried over to the Warden in charge of the men-at-arms, he'd spare some deliberation as he explained the events what had transpired and stated that the serfs would be put in a holding cell for the time being before an official trial could take place. With that as he dismissed the retinue to their duties he returned to Soshi. "Those gents within the cart shall have to still stand trial, but rest assured those gents wont be executed.  In the cullionly time, lets allow ourselves to partake in Lord Brighthavens hospitality, if thou art still willing?".
Solomon
Solomon
Human Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Soshi Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:58 am

Soshi looked at the people as they stepped out of the cart, her hair being licked with a hint of flame under her hood. The goddess was quick to quench it though, hoping no one noticed before looking back at Solomon. He seemed to be pretty optimistic about the outcome for upcoming trials for them, assuring her that they wouldn't be executed. She smiled a little at that, but she still wasn't sure it was justice. She then looked at the prince again, nodding.

"I'm still willing, yes. I'm ready when you are, your highness."
Soshi
Soshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:13 pm

"Splendid", spoke Solomon elegantly, his pleasant smile without falter as he then turned to escort Soshi towards Brighthavens Keep. As they approached the Inner Bailey they were met by bows by the men-at-arms and sergeants who guarded the battlements. It was then that the steward of Lord Brighthaven met them halfway across the courtyard. "Your Royal Highness, if you'd follow me to the hall. His Lordship will join you shortly, he is just seeing to some affairs". With that, the steward led the two into the decorated wooden great hall, which was clearly a recent extension of the keep, crafted in finely polished timber, with delicate carvings along six pillars that sustained the roof of the hall. "Please take a seat, my Lord will be with you shortly", the Steward gestured towards the dining table at the hall's center.

Solomon gave a nod as the Steward then departed, and noticed another figure sat upon the table also awaiting Lord Brighthaven, it was a face the Prince was familiar with. Upon the table sat Sir Bardrend, unlike Solomon and many other Knights of Leostonnia who in armour carried the colours and coat of arms of their noble houses, Sir Bardrend was a simple white surcoat with a golden blade adorned in flames as his sigil. This was the mark that denoted the Knight as a member of the Order of Temple Knights, zealous and religious warriors of the church of Holy Light. The Temple Knight rose before bowing "Our Light Deliver us, your Majesty, fair greetings". Solomon knew the Temple Knight from a tourney held five seasons past, remembering the Knight as a bold and brave fighter as well as a stalwart and resolute member of the faith. "Fair greetings friend", Solomon returned the remark before gesturing for the Knight to sir once more as well as Soshi to join them.

As Solomon lowered himself upon the nearest chair, releasing a faint grunt as he did so under his breath as he adjusted his posture to make himself more comfortable he returned his attention to Soshi once she herself had made herself comfortable "Cometh then, thou spoke before that you hailed from Anthropinos. What can thee tell me of such a magnificent City, I hearth tales that it dwarfs our own Capital City and yond the splendor is unheard of. I has't yet to see the City, but in the coming week's mine brother intends to travel there and I hope to accompany him". With Solomon's words to Soshi, Sir Bardrend also turned to look at the woman, taking an interest in the conversation.
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Soshi Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:13 am

Soshi had to admit, she was astonished by the beauty of Brighthavens Keep. The wood and stone work were incredible! It was still weird to be led around by a prince that offered this chance to her, but it was still amazing. She did mostly keep silent and listen though. Taking note of everything.

When offered a seat, she nodded and took one, smiling a little as she finally lowered her hood to reveal her reddish brown hair. She smiled a little as she got comfortable, then heard the question about Anthropinos. She chuckled a little, thinking.

"Well, it's definitely quit large. Lots of people, and so many different cultures. It's almost insane. There's a few different temples too." She smiled a little, hoping that answered the question.
Soshi
Soshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:17 am

Solomon learned eagerly with interest as Soshi spoke of the City, it was evident that the Prince has a keenness to seek information, so used to the silvery melody of the drawl of courtiers and those on the upper echelons of society with their fake words and hidden intrigues Solomon felt almost at ease with the rather informal and to the point manner of Soshi's speech. "Intriguing, you speak of different cultures, is there no stand-alone Culture of Anthropinos's citizens themselves?".

Seconds after Solomon asked the question, the stern apathetic glare of Sir Bardrend remained without falter as it was fixated upon Soshi, then came his own question. "You speak of Temples, Girl, the heretic faiths of the ignorant. The ignoble souls of those who have yet to know the warmth of the Holy Light. In time your kind will receive the righteous word of the faithful. Until then though, tell me, of what faith do you belong or have you embraced the true faith?". Solomon seemed taken aback by Sir Bardrends crude inquiry, as he turned to face the Temple Knight with a look of scorn and disdain before returning to Soshi with an empathetic expression, "Thou need not answer that if you choose not to", said Solomon modestly.
Solomon
Solomon
Human Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Soshi Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:21 pm

Soshi smiled at Solomon, happy that her answer seemed to get him excited for his trip. He asked if there was no Anthropinoian culture to itself. She was about to answer when the knight Bardrends spoke up, clearly hating the idea that there was any other belief in the city. She huffed a little at the man, and was a bit surprised that Solomon responded as strongly as her did.

"I can answer... I think." She took a breath, looking back over to Bardrends. SHe didn't know how this would sound, but....

"My faith is complicated, and comes from years of living in Anthropino and my travels around the continent. I'm not sure I can say that I have faith in any single belief." She then looked back at Solomon, hoping to see what he thought of the explination.
Soshi
Soshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:31 pm

Sir Bardrend would scoff in disdain and scorn, but before he could answer with a retort Solomon cut him off. "Tis' admirable in a way, tis' almost refreshing to hear from one who hasn't been indoctrinated from Birth to believe in but a single deity and belief", spoke Solomon softly, however he chose his words like that of a knifes edge to dig into Sir Bardrend who at hearing the Prince's words had a grimace and cowl across his features. With a soft smile Solomon would continue "As a child, almost all those here raised in Leostonnia are tutored by men of the cloth to learn the ways of the Light and read the Codex of virtues as our first reading material, tis' the relationship the faith have with our Kingdom. None the less though, not all of us are as naive enough to completely be consumed by faith without questioning it. To that end, my Lady Soshi, tell me of your own experiences, why you say you have no faith in one singular religion, what are the other faiths you cometh across and their teachings, I imagine a well world-traveled person such as yourself has seen all manner of grandeur?", Solomon leaned forward intrigued by the concept of talking to one who wasn't one of his countrymen or kin, someone who had the knowledge of the lands beyond Leostonnia. His thirst for knowledge and interest in Soshi's experience was clear as he had a look upon his face as though a child listening in to an elder tell stories of adventure and legend.
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Soshi Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:55 pm

Soshi smirked a little at Solomon being interested, almost seeming to do it to spit Bardrent. She looked around, smiling as she finally pulled down her hood.

“Well... there’s probably twice as many as you’d think would exist. A lot of them are simply about living a good life, some can seem more... sinister, but are harmless. A few more are extremely strict, and others a looser. Honestly the first time I heard of the Light was bringing goods here.” She then closed her eyes, taking a breath. ”As for why I don’t believe in any one religion.... It’s... difficult to explain. Impossible even.”
Soshi
Soshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:49 am

Solomon watched Soshi evenly as she spoke, he thought of the limitless possibilities and things that the adventurer may have seen in her travels. The Prince has been accustomed by the official Religion of the Kingdom, but had heard the local myths and legends which the peasants and serfs of the realm believed in and so it was not hard to imagine the many different religions that may be prominent outside of Leostonnia as the Human mind would often attempt to bring order from the chaos of the unknown. The idea of strict or loose Religions brought even a small snicker from Solomon as Soshi spoke as he thought about the intense unwavering codified doctrine of the Church of Light. At this point Sir Bardrend was lost in his own musings, essentially ignoring the Soshi and Solomon, the Temple Knight would then rise "I'm going to see why our host is taking so long", he then excused himself without further incident clearly not interested nor wanting to hear more of Soshi and the realisation that Solomon would want to continue the Conversation. "I will not pry into such then, my Lady, if you do not wish" said Solomon under the belief that Soshi wouldn't want to share the exact nature as to why she did not follow any one Religion. "Tell me then, my Lady, how long will your stay be within Leostonnia, I do hope tis' not one which requires you to tray from tavern to tavern, I might be able to provide some relief if such is the case".
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Soshi Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:50 pm

Soshi smiled at little, glad that Solomon understood her wish to not explain why she didn’t follow a religion. She really didn’t want to try and explain what she was to a group full of zealots. Sure, Solomon might listen, but the others might try to kill her. Wouldn’t really work, but meh. She would smile even more when Solomon asked how long she’d be staying in Leostonia, and hoped that she wouldn’t have to go tavern to tavern, and offered to help if she had to. A small laugh escaped her before she spoke up.

“At least a couple more days, though I usually have my ways of avoiding sleeping in taverns. Though... help might be nice, honestly. Still something I’m getting use to honestly.”
Soshi
Soshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Solomon Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:51 pm

He leaned forward, resting his elbows upon the table in front of him and interlocking his hands. He'd give a subtle polite nod to Soshi's word. The Prince allowed a moment to think of this strange traveler, ever fascinated at the clear foreigner. "Well, mistress, surely even a tavern is unfit, if you'd allow me to be so brazen, tis' my code of chivalry that demands I provide for one such as yourself, you may not be a noble maiden, but you are far beyond the commoners of the Kingdom, I must visit a great many nobles within my beloved Kingdom, thus mayhaps, if you allow me to accompany you on your travels, I can ensure lodgings along the way, and I will see to the duties I am beholden to".
Solomon
Solomon
Human Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Soshi Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:49 pm

Soshi looked a bit surprised as Solomon gave his offer. To travel with her for the few more days she was here. She had to think about this for a moment. Having Solomon accompany her would make finding places to stay and keeping out of too much trouble a lot easier, but at the same time it meant there was a risk he'd discover exactly what she was. Then again was that necessarily a bad thing? Someone finally learning that wasn't another god? She weighed the options in her mind, then finally settled on it.

"Well, your highness. I'd be honored." She gave a small smile as she said this. It had honestly been a while since she'd had long term human interaction. Unless you counted Paradox, but he was still a dragon technically, and one some occasions she felt like a teach. Wasn't the worst thing, but it was nice to actually be around a relatively normal person.
Soshi
Soshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenebris Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:11 am

Solomon gave a humble nod of his head at Soshi's acceptance of the idea, and gave her a soft smile. Given Sir Cantor's antics and then the Temple Knight's own aggressive words, the Prince looked forward to a journey with less drama as a whole. Usually, his retinue would have to continue with him, but should anyone ask he can merely state it was now an oath of honour to escort Soshi. The Prince had to hold back a deep exhale of relief, a journey with this young woman would be a much needed respite if nothing else. "Splendid, then we eat here this eve' and depart at first light if you wish, or if you wish to leave sooner I hath no qualms with such" Solomon would chuckle and then lean closer speaking just above a whisper "Truth be told, the faster we get away the better before Sir Bardrend attempts to spend all night trying to convert you to the Light", the Prince would chuckle again as the thought, even though despite the joke it wasn't very far fetched from the display the Temple Knight gave earlier"
Tenebris
Tenebris
Archon of the Nightwings

Male Aquarius Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next